Good morning, kids. It’s a link-a-palooza to start off the week, and a number of interesting things are happening. First, while the mass, unprecedented protesting in Cuba has died down, at least insofar as it’s off the front page and no doubt the thugs in Havana have put out the fire (for now; the situation and hate for the regime will smolder regardless), the oppressed people of Iran are reaching a breaking point with the medieval throwbacks lording over them.
Iran is in the midst of its worst drought in 50 years, which has led to a shortage of water. Along with the rolling blackouts, 50 percent inflation, and soul-destroying fundamentalism, the Iranian people may have reached their limit and have taken to the streets demanding a change in government. . .
. . . What makes the protests significant is that the Iranian people are making a strong statement about the recently elected government headed by the fanatical jurist Ebrahim Raisi. Raisi is one of the regime’s chief enforcers, having greenlighted thousands of executions during the 1980s. The protesters know his record and what his election means to their chances for any meaningful reforms going forward. . .
. . . Whether it’s corruption, incompetence, or the chimera of climate change, the Iranian people are thirsty and the government can’t help.
Meanwhile, as leaders in the so-called free world have gotten a taste of absolute power via the psychological-cum-biological weapon known as Chinese coronavirus, their abused citizenry have also had quite enough of nearly two years of life turned upside down. Mass protests in France, the UK, Ireland, Italy, Australia and elsewhere have erupted, demanding in no uncertain terms and end to lockdowns, masking and vaccine passports. Of course, unlike the leaders of totalitarian nations, politicians in the free world as well as here in the former United States of America are responsive and know that they are ultimately answerable to the electorate.
Fauci spoke on CNN’s “State of the Union” about [Chinese] COVID-19 and was asked about one projection that suggests cases will continue rising if more Americans don’t get vaccinated. Fauci confirmed that “it’s not going to be good” and declared the country is “going in the wrong direction.” He also warned that the CDC is discussing mask mandates for people who have been fully vaccinated — a subject that the White House has been pressed on in recent weeks.
“This is under active consideration,” Fauci told CNN’s Jake Tapper regarding whether conversations about revising the mask guidelines for vaccinated Americans is ongoing. “If you’re asking am I part of the discussion, yes, I am part of the discussion. But I think what you are seeing, even though as of our conversation at this moment, the CDC still says and recommends that if you are vaccinated fully, that you do not need to wear a mask indoors.”
Fauci is a joke. Worse than a joke insofar as his megalomania, hubris and complete incompetence in a crucial position where he has spent nearly half a century and probably destroyed and/or ended the lives of thousands of people. But, he’s from the government and he’s here to help. And the government – especially in its current iteration – is to be obeyed, no matter if they tell you one day that masks are useless but the next day that you must wear two or three, or that vaccines will set you free, despite the fact that these vaccines are proving to be lethal and you must have them, but even if you get the jab you’ll still have to wear a mask, and the new delta variant means lockdowns today, tomorrow and forever. Remember, “15 days to flatten the curve,” and “we’re all in this together.” If you mean an Orwellian nightmare where good is evil, up is down, a peaceful protest is “the greatest threat to our sacred democracy (spit!) since the Civil War, and that white people are genetically pre-disposed to be evil, racist monsters, then yes we are indeed “all in this together.”
Part of that Orwellian nightmare is realizing the things you believed in growing up about America and its institutions, especially law enforcement, the military, the courts and national security agencies are lies. All of them eagerly wiped their collective ass on the US Constitution and the Bibles they had their right hands on when they took their oaths yet did everything in their power to overthrow a duly elected president’s first term, ultimately succeeding by stealing an election to prevent his second. We now know that the NSA has been spying on this regime’s political opponents, including of late Tucker Carlson. Well, here’s an interesting item with a bit of a twist to it.
It’s already old news that an obnoxious leftist verbally assaulted Tucker Carlson, who was in a fly fishing shop in Montana. Leftists celebrated one of their own throwing mindless insults in Tucker’s direction. Conservatives appreciated how Tucker kept his calm and his sense of humor. Now, though, some interesting information is emerging about the leftist yahoo, a guy named Dan Bailey, thanks to his having outed himself on his Instagram account. It turns out that Dan Bailey worked for an organization that was closely associated with the CIA. . .
. . . The Asia Foundation, though, isn’t just any foundation. Officially, it’s “a nonprofit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia.” In fact, it’s the second iteration of an organization called “Committee for Free Asia” that the CIA founded in 1951. In 1954, the organization got a facelift as the Asia Foundation, but it remained on the CIA payroll until 1969. It still gets most of its funding from the U.S. government, although it’s unclear what, if any role, the CIA plays.
Even if Dan Bailey is untainted by contact with the CIA, the guy has never held a job that’s dependent on the free market. Before working for the National Parks Conservation Association, he worked for Pheasants Forever, another 501(c)(3) charitable organization. So what we’ve got here is a marginally-educated young leftist who’s never worked in the public sector but has worked for an organization with long and deep CIA ties.
It’s probably just a coincidence that Dan Bailey, of all people, hunted down Tucker Carlson, a man hostile to the Deep State, and berated him in a threatening manner, saying “I don’t care” when Tucker asked him to show respect for the fact that Tucker’s young daughter was watching Bailey’s bullying unfold. But have you noted that, lately, none of the “coincidences” in 2021 America have proven to be that coincidental?
With apologies to Robert Frost, “the rot is ugly, dark and deep. . .” And as the tyrants are, to put it mildly, pissing people off with a host of depredations, crimes and other outrages, instead of pausing to reflect, apologize and ask forgiveness, they ram their fists in our collective face waiting for us to say “thank you sir, may I have another?!” in between spitting up Chicklets and blood.
Pelosi abuses her power in ways that once were unthinkable. Her speakership has been the antithesis of Lincoln’s entreaty to “the better angels of our nature.” Everyone in Congress — and by extension the nation — has been sullied by the spite and vitriol she has injected into the political sphere. There is no grace or Christian charity, just the barren wasteland of the zero-sum game, power for power’s sake.
It’s made all the worse by her increasingly frantic claims to be a “devout Catholic.”
The fact that all this venom is packaged in the shape of a small, elderly, expensively shod woman has bestowed upon her an element of deference her actions do not deserve. But last week there were a couple of signs that she’s finally worn out her welcome.
One was her game-playing over the Jan. 6 select committee, when she arbitrarily rejected two Republicans — Jim Jordan of Ohio and Jim Banks of Indiana — from an already stacked panel. . .
. . . Pelosi is scared of Jordan and Banks, even though she has the majority. That’s the real reason. She is afraid they will bring to the committee, on behalf of the American people it is supposed to represent, the very reasonable question about her own culpability in the events of Jan. 6. Most obviously, what was her reason for leaving the Capitol Police outnumbered and unprotected? Jordan and Banks wanted to ask why Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund’s request for the National Guard to buttress his troops was denied? Why were his repeated requests to the Sergeant at Arms — who answers directly to Pelosi — rebuffed? We’re talking about repeated requests, from two days before the riots to hours after the Capitol was breached. Why did she blame Sund and force him to resign hours after the riot, and then lie the next day when she said he hadn’t bothered phoning her? It stinks. . .
. . . Another question for the committee would be whether the shooting of Ashli Babbitt by a Capitol officer was justified. It also could examine the very real and documented inhumane treatment of Jan. 6 suspects who are not charged with violent offenses but who remain in jail without trial just down the hill from Congress, many in solitary confinement now for their seventh month.
Bingo. In the wake of the battle to close the Falaise Gap, General Eisenhower observed “It was literally possible to walk for hundreds of yards at a time, stepping on nothing but dead and decaying flesh.” I imagine it’s much the same idea when you walk through the halls of Congress, up and down K-Street and of course in the White House, encountering nothing but corrupt, venal, power-mad individuals who have a reserved seat in the Infernal Reaches when they shake this mortal coil. But of all of them, it’s arguable that Malig-Nancy Pelosi is its quintessential example. I’ve seen reports that she is planning on retiring by next year. Be nice to see her purulent legs dangling Mussolini style from a lamppost. Doubt that will happen, but I can dream, can’t I?
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- Roger Kimball: “Once upon a time, and it was not so long ago, an American could recognize totalitarianism and say ‘Thank G-d we’ve escaped that.’ Can we still say that?” Losing Our Liberty All at Once?
- “What’s interesting about the revelations from this week is not that the FBI is up to some new, clever gambit to combat the wily insurrectionists in our midst.” The Whitmer Kidnapping Case Reveals the FBI’s New Counterterrorism Target is You
- “The roots of the woke revolution.” Year Zero
CIVIL WAR 2.0: LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, CAPITOL HILL BLACK WEDNESDAY PROTEST AFTERMATH, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- “It started like the Reichstag fire.” Traveling the Quiet Road to Tyranny
- “We have in the work of our bipartisan committee that we have now, Select Committee, led by Chairman Thompson, bipartisan participation with a very courageous Congresswoman Liz Cheney, my confidence is high.” (it’s a total sham and anyone with even half a Biden-level xylem-phloem knows it – jjs) Malig-Nancy Pelosi: “My Plan” is to Appoint RINO Fraud Kinzinger to the January 6 Select Committee
- “Everyone in Congress — and by extension the nation — has been sullied by the spite and vitriol she has injected into the political sphere. There is no grace or Christian charity, just the barren wasteland of the zero-sum game, power for power’s sake. . . Catholics everywhere squirm at the ostentatious piety of Pelosi and her fellow apostate Joe Biden. If they must sin, can they at least keep religion out of it? The real question is: Where’s the lightning bolt? Malig-Nancy Pelosi’s On Her Last Legs
- “Being a felon has serious consequences beyond imprisonment.” There May Be Some Method to the January 6th Overcharging Madness
- “We are going to have to take risks. We are going to have to expose ourselves to the potential to suffer both personal pain and loss.” Dissidents Desk: Are You Willing to Run on the Rocks Barefoot to Fight for Our Freedom?
- “A new book shows that Americans have long sought unifying answers to the forces pulling them apart — but argues that finding such an answer now is unlikely.” American Nationalism: Past, Present, and Future
- Daniel Greenfield: “Why do 59% of black people believe race relations are doomed?” (because they’ve been brainwashed into believing it – jjs) America’s Problem is Racial Pessimism, Not Racism
- Lloyd Billingsley: “A Marxist regime and separate black nation within America.” Dreams from His Stalinist
THE 2020 ELECTION HEIST AND AFTERMATH
- “Looking for a way out of their disaster.” Fleebagger Fail: Two Fugitive Texas Dems Return Home While a Third Whines That Biden Won’t Meet With Them
- “Our team is delivering the means of stopping election fraud in 2022 and beyond by giving citizen groups real-time visibility to voter registration rolls.” Want to See Election Fraud in 24 Hours? Send Us Your Data!
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “A grassroots revolt in the bluest of blue states against an entrenched ‘woke’ educational bureaucracy and teachers unions is a sign how the movement is sweeping the nation.” In “Blue” Rhode Island, Parents Are Seeing “Red” and Rising-Up Against Crackpot Disg-Race Theory“Remember when Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) was amazed by a garbage disposal and the idea that you can grow food in the ground? Many of us tittered and guffawed. As it turns out, she is not an anomaly.” A Shocking Number of College Grads Wish They Had Been Taught More Life Skills
- “Backpeddlers like Leslie Harris and Sean Wilentz, who are both reputable historians, have allowed themselves to be compromised by their solidarity and sympathy with their political tribes.” Historians Selling Out for Leftist Star, Nikole Hannah-Jones
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “By a staggering 9-1 margin, residents say they would feel safer with more cops on the street, not fewer, and by a 3-1 margin reject the idea of ‘defunding the police.'” Black Detroit Residents Far More Worried About Crime Than Police Reform
- “The narrative, however, quickly fell apart when the police officer’s bodycam footage was released, showing the rest of the exchange that was left out of the viral video.” Social(ist) Media Spreads False Story of White Police Officer Planting Evidence in Black Man’s Car at Traffic Stop
- “The plan would remove the mayor’s power over the department, and eliminate the charter’s minimum number of police.” Minneapolis City Council Advances Plan to Wipe Out Police
- “What they may require is to be off of our streets because they’re making it unsafe for us. And if that’s what it requires, then that’s what it requires.” DC Police Chief Unleashes on Capital’s Lawlessness: “You Cannot Coddle Violent Criminals”
- “Only half of the Washington D.C. call center staff was available for work last week, raising questions about their preparedness amid the city’s spiking crime.” D.C. 911 Dispatch Faces Staffing Crisis Amid Surging Violent Crime Spree
CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS, FACTS AND AMERICA IMPRISONED
- “In a separate protest in western Paris, demonstrators opposed anti-virus mandates and carried banners reading ‘Stop the dictatorship.'” The World Has Had It With China Flu Lockdowns: Protests Rock Cities All Over the Globe
- “It has become increasingly clear that the virus originated in the Wuhan Chinese virology lab, and that media darling Fauci bears some significant responsibility.” Pride and the Fall of Anthony “Fausti” Fauci
- “Stick the fork, Fauci is done. Never mind the leftist media’s continued attempts to deify him. Make it a stake; it was Senator Rand Paul who drove it.” The Cabinet of Dr. Fauci
- “If you’re asking am I part of the discussion, yes, I am part of the discussion.” (quack – jjs)CDC Is Considering Mask Mandates For Vaccinated Americans, Fausti Fauci Says
- “Dr. Anthony Fauci welcomed back mask mandates regardless of vaccination status on Friday during an interview on Fox News.” Fausti Fauci Champions the Forever Pandemic
- When even the Ninth Circus won’t back you up . . . Ninth Circuit: Gavin Newsom’s California Violated Private School Parents’ Rights with Shutdown
- “We’re not going to sustainably change the vaccination behaviour of individuals with threats.” Merkel’s Chief of Staff: “Vaccinated Will Definitely Have More Freedoms than Unvaccinated”
- “Why bother with facts when there are political points to score?” Who Are the Real Chinese COVID Vaccine Refuseniks? Hint: It’s Not What You’ve Been Told
* * * * *
- “As often as leftists hype the Wuhan Virus — along with the vaccine, masks, lockdowns, etc. — they keep getting put in their place by the data.” Don’t Fall for Alabama Doctor’s Wuhan Virus Fear Porn
- “Why are the health authorities and the media embracing a stance of deliberate stupidification?” When Leftists Shun Ivermectin, They Show How Scientifically Illiterate They Are
- “When it comes to the current mass resistance to the vaccine, the authorities only have themselves to blame.” Vaccine Resistance and Public Trust
- MO AG Schmitt: “The citizens of St. Louis and St. Louis County are not subjects — they are free people. As their Attorney General I’ll be filing suit Monday to stop this insanity.” St. Louis to Require Masks Indoors Again, Regardless of Vaccination Status; State AG To File Lawsuit
- “Wearing a mask tells everyone that you are conspicuously following the advice of the CDC, Democrats, and other authoritarians. Ordinarily, no one would give a fig if you did. So the mask becomes an important self-justifying signal of support for an ideology.” Masking Up Is a Political Statement, Not Disease Prevention
- “He also blamed misinformation and myths for a small percent of vaccine hesitancy.” RINO Fraud Gov Says Arkansas at Pivotal “Moment In Our Race Against” Chinese COVID-19
- “Party chair says state ‘rushed a return to normalcy,’ cannot ‘resume business as usual.'”Nevada Dems Call for Statewide Public Mask Mandate
- “Only 65 percent of the city has been fully vaccinated, with police and firemen lagging in getting jabbed. De Blasio may soon issue a vaccine mandate for all city employees, which will probably bring the issue to a head.” DeBolshevik Wants Companies to Require Employees to Be Vaccinated
- “Over half the patients who died had at least one underlying medical condition, according to New Jersey Department of Health spokesperson Donna Lausner, per CharlieKirk.com. Of the 27 people who had underlying conditions, 17 of them had cardiovascular disease, seven had diabetes and nine had cancer or other immunocompromised conditions.” 49 Vaccinated New Jersey People Have Died from Chinese COVID
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “The defendants identified by the DA are: Daniel Shaukat, 20, of Bensonhurst, Haider Anjam, 21, of Midwood, and Ashan Azad 19, of Midwood.” (I grew up in Midwood; feh – jjs) NYC: Three Brooklyn Men Charged In Antisemitic Attacks, Including Beating Jewish Teens For Refusing To Shout “Free Palestine”
- “Anuradha Mittal founded nonprofit that accused Israel of human rights abuses and defended Hezbollah.” Meet Ben & Jerry’s Board Chair: Anti-Israel Activist Has Published Defenses of Hezbollah, Hamas
- “Why the ‘woke’ ice cream company deserves to be frozen out.” Ben & Jerry’s Embraces BDS’s Israel-Hating Agenda
- “When your enemies gather everything they have in an untenable position, you can inflict upon them a decisive public relations catastrophe.” A Big Weakness Opens Up in the Anti-Israel Movement
BIDEN CRIME FAMILY REVELATIONS, AND OTHER CORRUPTION
- “Disgraced mogul’s legal team hired K2 Intelligence to discredit rape allegations.” Biden, Mark Kelly Worked With Intel Firm Hired To Smear Harvey Weinstein Accuser
- “Podesta will use his experience and influence in Washington to convince the White House and policymakers to lend a listening ear to Huawei’s goals, Politico reports.” Communist China Tech Firm Huawei Hires Democrat Lobbyist Tony Podesta For Biden Connections
ANGEL OF DEATH CUOMO NURSING HOME SCANDAL, SEXUAL ASSAULT & OTHER DEM GOV SCANDALS
- “Meanwhile, Whitmer sends letters of gratitude to small businesses across the state.”Michigan Gov. Wretched Whitmer Is Stripped of Emergency Powers
- “Where is the Justice for Nursing Home Victims & Their Grieving Families?” DOJ Letting Blue States Skate for Nursing Home Chinese COVID Deaths
- “Back in May, we noted that Cuomo’s main ‘defense’ in all these scandals is nothing but lies and rage. Let the record show that his team is offering one more counteroffensive: underhanded attacks on the investigators.’ Team Cuomo Continues Its Underhanded Attacks on His Investigators
SHAMPEACHMENT 1.0, 2016 CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- “This isn’t about the rule of law; this is ensuring that people are too frightened to work with Trump or any Republican ever again.” Thomas Barrack, a Trump Ally, Released on $250,000,000 Bail
- “Former Whitewater prosecutor Stephen Binhak — who called on Congress to impeach Donald Trump amidst conspiracies over Russian collusion — recently registered to lobby on behalf of the Chinese Communist Party-linked tech firm Huawei.” CNN Interviewee — Who Demanded Trump Impeachment — Registers as Lobbyist For China’s Huawei
OTHER DEMOCRAT, LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- “Matthew Penarczyk — a top lawyer for Microsoft and Hillary Clinton donor — is joining the Chinese Communist Party-linked TikTok app as its top lawyer.” Clinton Donor Turns TikTok Lawyer — The Latest Democrat to Get a High-Profile Job From a CCP-Linked Firm
- “Will GOP Rep. Alexander Mooney’s saber-rattling about Cuba distract from his ethics investigation? He hopes so!” Got an Ethics Problem? Start a War
- “The decrease in optimism has occurred among Democrats, Republicans, and independents.”Poll: American Optimism of Country’s Direction Falls Nearly 20 Points
- “Larry Elder is leading the race to replace Newsom if recall is successful.” (praying for a miracle; if he wins he should dissolve the state legislature – jjs) Warning Bells Sound for Gov. Gavin Newsom in Latest California Recall Poll
- “The Tweedledum and Tweedledee of California politics, teaming up together again.”Kamala Harris to Campaign for Gavin Newsom Facing Recall. What Could go Wrong?
- “The next few years are looking good for the Red states and dismal for the others due to crime, gun control, taxes, regulation, debt, and overbearing and insufferable progressive leadership.” The Rise of the Red Flyover States
- “Radicals are seizing power.” (newsflash for PDT: they already did – jjs) PIEOTUS Trump Warns of Communism in the U.S.
- “Ugenti-Rita chairs the Senate Government Committee. She recently voted along with Democrats to kill an election bill presented by Republican state senator Kelly Townsend.”Crowd Boos Arizona Sen. Ugenti-Rita Off Stage Ahead of Trump’s Speech at Turning Point Rally
- “Perhaps more worrying for the Biden team is that he is rapidly losing the support of political independents, from a high of 61 percent at his inauguration to just 48 percent today.” Is the Honeymoon Over? (all that’s left is a band of mold. . . – jjs)
* * * * *
- “A primary battle is brewing in Utah, where a pair of NeverTrump Republicans have launched campaigns to unseat incumbent Sen. Mike Lee.” (meh, switching deck chairs on the Titanic- jjs) NeverTrump Republicans Run To Primary Mike Lee In Utah Senate Race
- He’s no Trump but at least he’s no Pee-Air Defecto either. And he’s nearly 90. Ugh, we can’t let Dao-Min Yen “win” another senate seat. Democrats Eye Senate Seat in Iowa While Grassley Dithers About Running
- “In the great conflict between communism and Western democratic civilization, only a return to our faith and founding principles can save us.” Ron DeSantis, Whitaker Chambers and the Continuing Crisis
- “Ideology cuts it off, while true politics connects people.” Politics and the Power to Be Present for Each Other
- “Normal Americans’ good nature is predicated on our government playing by the rules and staying out of our lives.” Why the Silent Majority Is Turning Angry
- “It may be a fool’s errand to claim the same ideals as those espoused by the Left but call for one’s own interpretation of them, as the theoretical and rhetorical kudzu continues to spread.” Kudzu and Equality
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “Proof of the left’s mass migration political effort was made public 12 years ago, in a stunningly similar series of incidents to what is currently taking place on the U.S. southern border.” Twenty Years Ago, a Mass Migration Plot Was Hatched to Help the Left Change the West Forever. They Even Admitted It.
- “Juan Tang is now on her way back home to China as average Americans begin questioning the priorities of American law enforcement officials.” (public enemy #1 is We The People – jjs) U.S. Prosecutors Drop Chinese Researcher’s Visa Fraud Case on Eve of Trial
- “Is it more humane to put a child migrant into a pen full of perverts than to send him back to his family in his home country?” Pervy, Pervy, Pervy: Detained Illegal Alien Minors Get Molested by Creeps at Joe Biden’s Child Migrant Detention Centers
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “Settle down, son.” Tucker Carlson Laughs in Face of Heckler Who Calls Him “Worst Human Being”
- “It’s probably just a coincidence that his past includes working for an organization with CIA ties.” The Man Who Accosted Tucker Carlson Has an Interesting Background(Acosta’d? – jjs)
- Fox News: “For the NSA to unmask Tucker Carlson or any journalist attempting to secure a newsworthy interview is entirely unacceptable.” NSA Confirms Unmasking Tucker Carlson, Gives Inconsistent Denial on Spying Allegations
- So the 100 or so basement-dwelling losers are tripling their fake accounts? Twitter Is Growing at Fastest Level Since 2014
- “Where would we be today if the mainstream media was staffed with the gin-swilling muckrakers of yore and not the easily triggered posers selected for employment in the field by demonstrating their servility to power?” If Corporate Reporters Had Any Integrity, Here Are the Questions They’d Be Asking
- “History shows the dangers of suppressing scientific debate — but social media platforms, using public health as a justification, are eroding free speech.” The New Censorship
- “Substack offers liberation from the peer pressure and groupthink of today’s progressive newsroom.” Substack: Last, Best Hope for Free Speech
- “Tech firms track, store and sell that data back to us in the form of digital advertising and convenience. But what else could be done with all that data, including what it reveals about our intimate lives? Last week gave a chilling answer to that question.” Reporting That Outed Priest Proves Your Data is NOT as Anonymous as Big Tech Promises
- “Such a law would essentially repeal the First Amendment of the Constitution. Free speech will be banned. Only government-approved speech in connection with health will be allowed. If such a law was upheld by the courts (a very distinct possibility in today’s legal culture), it could quickly be expanded to cover all speech on any subject.” Today’s Blacklisted American: Democrats Introduce Senate Bill Demanding Companies Censor Social Media
- “The idea you need a weapon that can have the ability to fire 20, 30, 40, 50, 120 shots from that weapon — whether it’s a — whether it’s a 9-millimeter pistol or whether it’s a rifle — is ridiculous. I’m continuing to push to eliminate the sale of those things. . . ” PolitiFact Claims Joe Biden “Doesn’t Want to Ban Handguns,” But Here Are His Actual Words
- “The right to life is a fundamental — the most fundamental — human right, and Catholics do not oppose fundamental human rights,” he said. “To use the smokescreen of abortion as an issue of health and fairness to poor women is the epitome of hypocrisy: what about the health of the baby being killed? Malig-Nancy Pelosi’s Archbishop: “No One Can Claim to be a Devout Catholic and Condone the Killing of Innocent Human Life”
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “Iran is in the midst of its worst drought in 50 years, which has led to a shortage of water. Along with the rolling blackouts, 50 percent inflation, and soul-destroying fundamentalism, the Iranian people may have reached their limit and have taken to the streets demanding a change in government.” At Least Three Dead After Iranian Police Open Fire on Protesters Demanding Water
- Iranians chant “Death to Khamenei,” former King “Reza Shah, bless your soul.” As Iranians Protest Water Scarcity Caused by Regime Policies, Mainstream Media Blames” Climate Change”
- “China moves toward dominance of the oceans.” China Becomes a Maritime Bully
- Victor Davis Hanson: “The current Chinese Co-Prosperity Sphere is as dangerous — but also as vulnerable — as its failed Japanese predecessor.” China’s Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere
- Why the sanctions were imposed is unclear. The Chinese are accusing the United States of issuing the Business Advisory “to groundlessly smear Hong Kong’s business environment.” Cracking down on freedom and closing companies that won’t play ball with Beijing was doing a pretty good job of depressing the business environment without the U.S. “smearing” it.China Sanctions Former U.S. Commerce Secretary, Six Others for U.S. Warnings on Hong Kong
- “After years of overfishing, the Chinese have depleted the fish from their home waters, causing the government to subsidize its fleet for a planetary hunt for sea life with no holds barred.” China’s Weaponized Fishing Fleet
- “The largely unreported story of Falun Gong is one of persecution, enslavement, torture, and rape orchestrated by the Chinese Communist Party.” The Most Oppressed Group in China, Ignored by the Media
- “A nightmare.” China’s Spectral State
- “Saudi Arabia has undertaken tremendous economic, administrative, and social reforms.” A “Recalibration” of US-Saudi Relations Wouldn’t Be So Bad
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “Nine individuals were indicted on July 22 on charges connected to their actions as ‘illegal agents’ for the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), as part of an effort to intimidate a former CCP regime official to return to China from the United States.” Chinese “Illegal Agents” Harassed and Targeted US Residents
- “After all, there appears to be an abundance of duplication and overlap.” How Intelligent Is Our Intelligence Community, Really?
- “The stunning truth about Islam’s origins.” (a totalitarian, racist, imperialistic, pseudo-religious cult — 1,500 years before Schikelgruber and socialism; gee, who knew? – jjs) An Evaporating Edifice
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE, THE COURTS
- Pelosi added, “I won’t put it on the floor until we have the rest of the initiative.” Bipartisan (yay) Infrastructure Fraud Bill Doomed? Malig-Nancy Pelosi: House Won’t Consider Bipartisan Infrastructure Plan Without Reconciliation Proposal
- “Instead, Newsom makes the typical progressive move: throwing more money at the problem.” Want to Solve Homelessness? Call a Cop
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “Biden claims all this new spending will ease inflation. What economics principle is he citing to make this outrageous claim?” Killer Biden Inflation is His Main “Gift” to America
- “Any sober economist realizes plopping $4 trillion in government spending upon an already inflationary economy will cause Americans to be ravaged by rising prices and shrinking investments.” No Serious President Invests in Inflation
- Nicole Gelinas is a good writer, but she assigns well-meaning intentions to people (allegedly) whose only intention is to grab absolute power, even if it means destroying our society, perhaps leading to the death of tens of thousands, in order to get it. Biden’s Inflation-Boosting Spending Will Undo His Own Policy Goals
HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE
- “. . . the Biden [junta] official warned that the shortage in caregivers for senior citizens would hit America “like a ton of bricks” without federal intervention.” Biden’s Commerce Secretary Calls For $400 Billion To Help With Elder Care
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “Scientists today published three studies in the journal Science outlining their conclusions about the interior of Mars, based on the quakes that have been detected by InSight since it arrived on Mars in November 2018.”
Scientists Refine Martian Interior Based on Quakes Detected by InSight
- “Viasat’s real concern is that its satellite internet service will be considered inferior to SpaceX’s and will thus lose customers to it. Too bad. Competition means you step up your game and do better, not go to court to try to shut down your opposition.”
Court Rejects Viasat’s Effort to Stop SpaceX Starlink Launches
- “Rather than dismissing billionaires’ space adventures, we should celebrate their risk-taking endeavors and be inspired to take risks in our lives.”
Why Billionaires Soaring Into Space Are Worth Celebrating
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “Controversial sex-ed curriculum draws ire from parents.” (please, get your kids the hell away from schools – jjs) Meet the CDC-Backed Groups That Want to Teach Trans Ideology to Kindergartners
- “Twenty-four states have banned the use of psychological therapy to treat the condition.”Report: Therapy Is Often Successful at Treating Gender Dysphoria
- “To be fair, when you can’t get a woman sacked, arrested or dropped by her publisher, and cancelling her only made her book sales go up, there’s really only one place to go.” Harry Potter’s J. K. Rowling Responds to “Pipebomb” Tweet Over Trans Remarks
- “Endorsed anti-Israel hate propaganda while using the names of their universities and professional organizations, and without disclaimers.” Palestinian Feminist Collective Denies Israel’s Right to Exist — Supportedby About 100 University Gender Studies Departments (Palestinian Feminist Collective, otherwise known as a “harem” or “eunuch den” – jjs)
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- Families of the victims: “Finally there is justice for the husbands, sons and fathers murdered at Munich.” After Half a Century, Israeli Victims of Munich Olympic Massacre Honored at Tokyo Opening Ceremony
- “Team captain Sue Bird, who is engaged to United States women’s soccer star — and woke icon — Megan Rapinoe, reportedly defended the decision to the media, claiming that the move was not ‘hypocritical’ because she and her teammates were playing for Team USA, not individual cities.” (pfft – jjs) Woke Wake-Up Call? WNBA Players Reverse Course, Will Not Protest During National Anthem at Olympics
- “It’s a good thing most of the USA men’s basketball players don’t care much for the United States — the nation they’re supposedly playing for at the Olympics. Otherwise, the Americans’ 83-76 drubbing at the hands of France might have really hurt.” USA Men’s Basketball Team May Be Woke, But They Can’t Beat France at Olympics
- Robert Spencer: “One of the most idiotic of the Left’s assumptions is that sports team nicknames are intended to insult and demean.” Cleveland’s Baseball Team Dishonors the Indian It Was Named For
- “As a fan of the Beatles and Lennon especially, it pains me to say this, but it’s true: While its melody and arrangement are indeed beautiful, the lyrics are an invitation to moral and political chaos.” John Lennon’s “Imagine” Blared at Olympics is a Totalitarian Anthem
- “Those who live in the prisons of their own minds are not only a threat to themselves, but to everyone else.” Wokeness Means Forcing Everyone to Live Inside the Prison of Mental Illness
* * * * *
- John Stossel: “It’s time to push back.” Woke Language
- “. . . I think the rejection of the American family is perhaps the most pernicious and most evil thing that the left has done in this country.” JD Vance Blames the “Childless Left” for the Decline of the American Family
- “Pope Francis can’t rest until all Catholics are modernists.” The Upside-Down Church
- “Theologian Voddie Baucham’s book Fault Lines, warns that corrosive social justice ideology is seeping into American evangelicalism and offers valuable insight on how to stop it.”Theologian Shows Evangelicals How to Truly Keep Racism at Bay
- “A plea to let actors act, and let racial and cultural lines continue to blur.” More Than Skin Deep
- Lloyd Billingsley: “Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is standing tall against celebrity anti-Semitism.”Champion Level Blocking
HITHER & YON
- “Mason passed away this weekend at the age of 93, but remained active and outspoken despite his age. He had, after all, been ‘rediscovered’ at the end of a career that was presumed to have died in the era of black-and-white television.” Jackie Mason Was Cancel Culture’s First Survivor
- Probably Jackie Mason’s last essay, from this past June. RIP The 3 Constants in Life: Death, Taxes and Anti-Semitism
- “Envy at Jewish success, though, is scum floating atop a deeper source of rancor. The Greeks hate the Jews for the same reason they hated Socrates, only more so.” Why Greeks Hate Jews, or Talmud and Tragedy
- “The 2006 reboot is far better than critics and audiences suggested at the time.” The Defund the Police Crowd Would Hate Mann’s Miami Vice
- “Alien gods are the new gay marriage. A 2019 Gallup poll found 33 percent of Americans believed UFOs are occupied by extraterrestrials. In 2021, a Pew survey saw that number jump to 51 percent. During the 2020 [Chinese] COVID-19 panic, UFO sightings doubled from the previous year. Media hype is more potent than a Martian mind-control ray.” The Weird History of UFO Cults, and How It’s Only Going to Get Worse
NOTE: The opinions expressed in some links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.