Good morning, kids. Monday and of course the top story is the absolute unmitigated disaster that is the fall of Afghanistan to the Taliban. Fall is actually a woefully inadequate and really a highly misleading term. It presupposes that there was an actual battle going on between the medieval Islamic terrorists who once again control that pile of rubble and the US-backed Afghani military. By all accounts there was no defeat because there was no battle. The only shots that were fired were not in anger but evidently in celebration as our erstwhile “allies” literally handed over their weapons, bought and paid for by your tax dollars, to the jihadis.
Hollie McKay, a foreign policy expert and war crimes investigator who covered war, terrorism, and crimes against humanity for Fox News Digital for more than a decade, is reporting today from Afghanistan that the Taliban is paying off military commanders to abandon their posts and surrender their cities . . .
. . . “The level of corruption that has enabled the Taliban to come back to power is just mind-blowing,” she explained. “To see that and to see all the weapons that have gone to the Taliban’s hands when the Afghan army runs away — that we paid for.” “I always saw terrorism to be a secondary problem to the corruption,” McKay continued. “Afghanistan is a classic example of that. You have many elements that are pro-Taliban within the government and military factions that will sell off information that hurts the cause.”
I’m shocked – shocked! – to discover that a culture that hasn’t even remotely resembled a modern western society for nearly 50 years (if at all, really) would so easily and gladly throw themselves over to stone-age tyranny and oppression despite it being in their DNA since time immemorial.
As the Taliban moves into Kabul and demands the unconditional surrender of the central government, Taliban commander Muhammed Arif Mustafa told CNN: “It’s our belief that one day, mujahedin will have victory, and Islamic law will come not to just Afghanistan, but all over the world. We are not in a hurry. We believe it will come one day. Jihad will not end until the last day.” The CNN “journalist,” demonstrating yet again its spectacular misunderstanding of the conflict (which, of course, is shared by the U.S. foreign policy establishment), followed that with “It’s a chilling admission from a group that claims it wants peace.” The Taliban does indeed want peace. It wants the peace that will follow the world’s submission to the hegemony of Islamic law.
Muhammed Arif Mustafa was stating plainly what the U.S. State Department steadfastly ignored for twenty years: the fact that the Taliban views itself as the exponents in 21st-century Afghanistan of a fourteen-hundred-year-old conflict, one that is as old as Islam itself . . .
. . . This is not to say that jihadis have never been defeated, or can never be defeated . . . But it is highly questionable that Joe Biden’s America, in which any discussion of Islam’s jihad imperative earns one the sobriquet of “Islamophobe” and high-level vilification and deplatforming, has that kind of patience. It is good that we are getting out of Afghanistan, although Biden’s handlers have disastrously bungled the withdrawal, with consequences we will no doubt be suffering in the coming months, but State and Defense Department wonks should have a steady and sober regard for the fact that the jihad has not ended, and that jihadis will continue to come after the United States and American citizens.
In noting the estimable Robert Spencer’s thoughts on the kind of “peace” Islam seeks for the world, aside from the fancy calligraphy and intricate geometric decor, the G-dless heathen Socialists want the very same “peace” – the peace of the mass grave for apostates and heretics of its own pseudo-religion. But I digress. Yes, de-assing from Afghanistan was the right goal as we should never have been there in the first place. The question has always been how do we leave without putting America and its legitimate national security interests at even greater risk than if we maintain a military presence? I may not know the answer to that question but I do know, and the entire world knows exactly what not to do. Declare “Mission Accomplished” and just bug out.
“Were I still the secretary of state with a commander in chief like President Trump, the Taliban would have understood that there were real costs to pay if there were plots against the United States of America from that place,” Pompeo said. “Qassem Soleimani learned that lesson, and the Taliban would have learned it as well. . . “
“. . . it’s worth noting this did not happen on our watch. We reduced our forces significantly and the Taliban didn’t advance on capitals all across Afghanistan. So it’s just a plain old fact that this is happening under the Biden administration’s leadership now almost a quarter of our way into his first term, this is not the way leaders lead, by pointing backwards.”
“We had a bad deal we inherited — the JCPOA [Iran nuclear deal]; we got out of it,” Pompeo continued. “We secured America from the risk from Iran. We inherited a horrible deal in Syria where ISIS controlled real estate the size of Great Britain. We crushed them. Every president confronts challenges. This president confronted a challenge in Afghanistan. He has utterly failed to protect the American people from this challenge.”
What’s that old saying, “weakness is provocative.” Along with the Islami-kazes of this world, the Russians, Iranians, Cubans, NorKs and most of all the Chi-Coms are laughing their asses off and champing at the bit. Aside from the fact that Joe Biden is a visibly demented near-octogenarian whose cognitive function is deteriorating now on a daily basis, he and his handlers are hell bent on doing anything and everything both domestically and internationally to weaken us, our citizenry and allies while emboldening, kowtowing and appeasing our enemies. He’s taken a wrecking ball to our economy, our fossil fuel industry, our nuclear arsenal, our borders and national identity and the notion of comity, compromise and the rule of a just, stable law. And where is so-called quote-unquote “president” Joey Soft-Serve Custard? Why, he’s on vacation at Camp David, totally incommunicado. Not to worry, though. We’re told he plans on maybe addressing the nation in the “next few days” (“First, address the nation. ‘Hello, nation!'”).
Look, I’d be lying to you if I said that I believed we should never have been in Afghanistan in the first place. But like all but the wisest of you, I too was deceived by the intelligence community – the same intelligence community that worked overtime to sabotage Trump in 2016 and finally succeeded in 2020 – as well as those who want endless wars for the sole purpose of enriching themselves. But doing what Biden and his handlers did is just the height of irresponsibility and cluelessness. Yet that is the left; everything they believe in is 180 degrees out of phase with reality because they see the world as they want to see it, without any clue as to how it actually operates.
With Biden and that bloated disgrace to the uniform Vanilli Milli claiming the Afghan government can handily defeat the Taliban, and Malig-Nancy Pelosi saying Biden is “to be commended,” somewhere Baghdad Bob is shaking his head and having a good chuckle. It’s cold comfort knowing that anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together can see that they look like abject idiots. But lest we forget how we got here in the first place.
When Bush won, he brought with him a cabal of staffers broadly known as “neoconservatives” who distinguished themselves from traditional Republicans by ignoring deficit spending and strongly supporting interventionist foreign policy with a heavy emphasis on protecting and advancing America’s petro-allies in the Middle East. Months after September 11, 2001, the Bush Administration diverted America’s response to terrorism by seeking a revenge war in Iraq.
Oh, what a bitter harvest we have reaped.
History acquitted those chicken-little voices that warned of never-ending wars, ballooning deficits, and the dangers of bloated and politicized intelligence agencies. I admit it. I was wrong about Bush. He was a disaster.
We’re reminded of this point as we watch the humiliating withdrawal of U.S. forces in Afghanistan. Bush’s critics, who seemed so wrong at the time, have been proven right in the sweep of history. The Iraq and Afghanistan wars turned into the very quagmires that the liberals predicted. The Intelligence Agencies were allowed to pursue and harass Muslims in the United States — even setting some up in “Truman Show”-style prosecutions in which the FBI planned and financed almost every detail of terrorism plots to ensnare lonely, mentally disabled Muslim men. The civil liberties of these “terrorists” didn’t seem very important at the time. The liberals warned that these tactics set dangerous precedents that might later be applied to larger and larger swaths of the public.So would any of this have been different had Al Gore been elected president? . . .
. . . The awful legacy of George Bush split the Republican party during the 2016 presidential campaign. When Trump correctly criticized neocons for their fruitless wars, they became enraged. Until Trump, the pseudo-intellectual near-imperialists wrapped themselves in a protective costume of patriotic rhetoric. Then Trump said the obvious truth that nobody dared speak: these wars are bad for American interests abroad and at home. The Bush Republicans became Hillary Clinton supporters. . .
. . . What did nearly two decades in Afghanistan and Iraq buy us? Thousands of American dead and trillions more in debt, and Afghanistan is swiftly returning to its pre-invasion configuration. Lots of government contractors and retired generals grew very rich pouring American treasure into the land-locked and barren land. The Bushes themselves have become fabulously wealthy, worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Meanwhile it will take many more years for America to recover from their endless wars and crippling debt.
We can debate the “what-ifs” from now until Armageddon, which by all appearances could be any day now. That said, after 20 years we are left with our blood and treasure wasted, America coming apart at the seams, an elitist oligarchy in concert with a growing surveillance state, feral intel and law enforcement and woke corporatists as its enforcers and global jihad and Marxist-Leninism on the march.
What are our prospects? Over dinner late last week, CBD reminded me that we are now a fundamentally unserious nation. Not looking good around here, my friends.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- “Amid an ongoing political crisis brought about by the assassination of President Jovenel Moise last month, Haiti was hit by a magnitude 7.2 earthquake — one of the most powerful temblors in the western hemisphere this century. It follows a 7.0 earthquake that struck the country in 2010, resulting in more than a quarter-million deaths. At least 1800 were injured in the latest calamity.” (just keep the damned Clintons the hell away so they can’t loot the rubble and set up another multi-billion-dollar aid grift – jjs) Massive Quake Strikes Haiti, Kills Hundreds as the Country Struggles With Multiple Woes
* * * * *
- “For all his faults, Al Gore couldn’t have been worse.” How Bush Ruined Everything
- “Irrespective of whether Kolfage is guilty of the charges against him, if these allegations are true, what’s being done to him is cruel.” Is the Federal Government Torturing Brian Kolfage?
- “Understanding the origins of the administrative state goes a long way towards grasping how policy is really made today in American government.” The Tyranny of Experts
BIDEN AFGHANISTAN DISASTER
- “Biden has not spoken publicly on Afghanistan since Tuesday after expressing optimism that the leaders of the Afghan government would rally to defend their country.” Joe Biden Remains Hiding at Camp David After Afghanistan Collapses; May Address Nation in the “Next Few Days”
- “Playing with his grandkids, eating ice cream . . . ” Nobody Home: As Afghanistan Collapses, Joe Biden Goes on Vacation
- “‘Witnesses at the civilian domestic terminal said they had heard occasional gunshots and said thousands of people had crammed into the terminal and filled the parking lots, desperately seeking flights out,’ The NY Times reported. Late Sunday, the State and Defense Departments issued a statement saying the U.S. was working to secure control of the airport and to speed up the evacuation using civilian and military flights.” Thousands Run At Kabul Airfield Amid Gunfire, Horrifying Scenes Unfolding on the Ground
- “The level of corruption that has enabled the Taliban to come back to power is just mind-blowing. To see that and to see all the weapons that have gone to the Taliban’s hands when the Afghan army runs away — that we paid for.” SHOCK: Taliban Is Paying Military Commanders to Surrender Cities, Journalist Embedded in Afghanistan Says
- “The bad news is that to this considerable tale of woe is likely to be added as much mischief as America’s enemies can contrive. They will pile it on. For no less than the Taliban, America’s near-peer adversaries, now have the estimate of the hapless man in the White House. This confirmation of incapacity is possibly a greater loss than the fall of Afghanistan itself.” Biden Never Saw What Hit Him
- “China has previously reached an agreement with the Taliban, according to which the militant group will not harbor any terrorist forces capable of igniting Islamist insurrection in China, especially in Xinjiang — the region inhabited by Uyghurs, according to France24.”Report: China Prepares To Recognize Taliban as the New Government in Afghanistan
- Robert Spencer: “It’s not a ‘draw down,’ it’s a rout, and everyone knows it — everyone, that is, with the possible exception of Old Joe, sitting alone at his huge conference table, pretending to be briefed about this disaster and simultaneously pretending that it isn’t a disaster.” As Kabul Falls, Joe Biden Poses for a Photo-Op
- “The official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the additional 1,000 troops would come from the 82nd Airborne Division, which had already been on standby.” Pentagon Authorizes More Troops To Afghanistan; Total Number Now More Than Double Initia Force
- “‘Highly unlikely’ Taliban will overrun Afghanistan, Biden said in July.” Biden’s Afghanistan Predictions Were All Wrong
- “The future of Afghanistan is squarely in the hands of the Afghan people, and there are a range of possible outcome in Afghanistan. And I want to emphasis repeatedly, and I’ve said this before, a negative outcome, a Taliban automatic military takeover, is not a forgone conclusion.” “Woke” Mark Vanilli Milley, in July: “Afghan Security Forces Have the Capacity to . . . Defend Their Country”
* * * * *
- “This is manifestly not Saigon.” (FYI the only reason Saigon and South Vietnam fell was because House Democrats abrogated our defense commitment in the Paris Peace treaty and tied President Ford’s hands – jjs) Blinken Blames Trump Admin For Afghanistan Withdrawal, Claims Exit Is “Orderly”
- “. . . it’s worth noting this did not happen on our watch. We reduced our forces significantly and the Taliban didn’t advance on capitals all across Afghanistan. So it’s just a plain old fact that this is happening under the Biden [junta’s] leadership now almost a quarter of our way into his first term, this is not the way leaders lead, by pointing backwards.” WATCH: Pompeo Nukes Biden In Response To Biden Trying To Blame Trump For Afghanistan Debacle
- “Jackson responded to Biden’s absence from the public eye by tweeting: ‘OUTRAGEOUS! Biden needs to address the nation TONIGHT.'” (are we on Kamala-watch now? – jjs) Ex-Obama White House Doctor To Biden: “Do Your Damn Job,” Address Nation Now Or “Resign Immediately”
- “The worst possible message to our enemies across the world.” Fleeing Afghanistan
- “The [so-called quote-unquote “president”] is to be commended for the clarity of purpose of his statement on Afghanistan and his action. The Taliban must know the world is watching its actions. We are concerned about reports regarding the Taliban’s brutal treatment of all Afghans, especially women and girls.” (how completely, shatteringly clueless is this old bat? – jjs) “To Be Commended”: Malig-Nancy Pelosi Praises Biden After Taliban Advances Into Kabul
- “America’s out. Is China now going in?” Afghanistan: The “Graveyard of Empires” Claims Another?
- “Expect the onslaught of radical Islam, in many different forms, to continue if not accelerate.” We’re Fleeing Afghanistan. Now What?
- Robert Spencer 2: “The CNN ‘journalist,’ demonstrating yet again its spectacular misunderstanding of the conflict (which, of course, is shared by the U.S. foreign policy establishment), followed that with ‘It’s a chilling admission from a group that claims it wants peace.’ The Taliban does indeed want peace. It wants the peace that will follow the world’s submission to the hegemony of Islamic law.” Taliban Commander Vows Jihad Against the Whole World
- Robert Spencer 3: “The seeds of Kabul’s fall were sown many years ago.” Afghanistan: What Went Wrong?
- Terry Jeffrey: “President George W. Bush stood before the U.S. Capitol in 2005 and delivered an Inaugural Address in which he declared his utopian vision that the United States had a mission to change the world. He was wrong. History has now proved it.” FLASHBACK: America Did Not Transform Afghanistan
* * * * *
- “It shouldn’t really come as a surprise that President Biden and the geniuses surrounding him have made such an almighty hash of the withdrawal from that godforsaken country. Look at everything else he has messed up.” Infuriating and Predictable: Joe Biden’s Defeat Will Echo for Eternity
- “Watching twenty years of American blood and treasure float away like dust in the wind hurts. Perhaps we will draw some lessons from this pain.” Lessons to Learn from the Loss of Afghanistan
- “If this century has taught America anything, it’s that Democracy cannot be imposed on others. But it is a tragedy that the glimmer of hope provided . . . is now gone. What was the point?” Travesty in Afghanistan Leaves Us Where We Were 20 Wasted Years Ago
- “The DC establishment is at fault for promoting an unattainable outcome in Afghanistan for almost two decades and being ‘stunned’ when faced with the reality.” U.S. Leaders Have Been Lying To Us About Afghanistan For Nearly 20 Years
CIVIL WAR 2.0: LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, CAPITOL HILL BLACK WEDNESDAY PROTEST AFTERMATH, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- Victor Davis Hanson: “We are in the midst of a revolutionary epoch and probably most don’t even know it.” Are We in a Revolution and Don’t Even Know It?
- “The attacks on, and the maligning of, conservatives or those who advance narratives not favored by the Left has reached unimaginable proportions.” A Brief History of the Assault on Conservatives as “Violent Extremists”
$1 TRILLION “INFRASTRUCTURE” SELLOUT, $3.5 TRILLION SOCIALIST TRANSFORMATION
- “Progressive and moderate Democrats at odds on spending package.” (meh, kabuki-bukkake theatrics – jjs) Moderate House Dems Threaten To Derail Malig-Nancy Pelosi’s $3.5 Trillion Budget Plan
- “If you’ve longed to live in the incipient communism of Franklin Roosevelt’s New Deal era, now’s your chance, but on steroids.” American Jobs Bill: Fantasy, Fiasco
CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS, FACTS AND AMERICA IMPRISONED
- “It appears to depend on how polls and the U.S. Constitution can be manipulated.” Is Biden Really Planning Vaccine Mandate for Air Travel?
- “Defending the rights of the disfavored and demeaned is to defend the rights of all.” “Their Collective” Comes for Our Republic
- As a tourniquet, maybe. As a way to stop viruses from spreading, not so much. NIH Director Francis Collins Holds Up a Face Mask and Calls it “A Life-Saving Medical Device”
- No doubt these tyrants will string you up if they could, but there is just no means of verifying – nor the will on the part of most establishments – the validity of the cards. I wouldn’t go through TSA with one, but a restaurant or a gym? Pfft. Cuck Schemer Calls for Crackdown on Fake Vaccination Cards
- “Amid the latest edicts from the increasingly political CDC, parents know that school children should not be forced to wear masks in order to attend class. Despite the best efforts from so-called experts, new guidance lacks data proving that wearing masks reduces coronavirus transmission in children.” Is It Abusive to Mask School Children?
- “Wall Street, the big corporations, and the likes of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce all have too great an interest in not holding China to account.” You Will Never See China Held Accountable for Chinese COVID
- “The 90-day review that Joe Biden has asked for is sadly because he hasn’t looked at the information in a while. It says more about his lack of daily interaction with briefers than anything else.” Ric Grenell Says Biden’s 90-Day Chinese COVID Origins Review is an Insult to the Intelligence Community
- “China agrees to probe, less than 24 hours after rejecting it. Meanwhile, CCP officials continue to point fingers at U.S. Military.” China’s Chaotic, Histrionic Response to WHO’s Chinese Coronavirus Origins Probe
- “Maybe that’s because they didn’t get the [Chinese] COVID death numbers they’d been hoping for.” The Elites Sniff Up Their Noses at England’s Freedom Day
THE 2020 ELECTION HEIST AND AFTERMATH
- “Congresswoman Mikie Sherrill — who spearheads House Democrat’s election reform initiatives — is invested in several companies with ties to the Chinese Communist Party and its military.” Congresswoman Drafting Election Security Laws Is Invested In Chinese State-Owned Companies.
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “Garbage ideology.” Iranian Immigrant Trashes Woke Education, Says It’s Making Kids Dumber
- “CRT aims to annihilate the souls of white people, to morally paralyze them via a protracted process of induced guilt, shame, embarrassment, and extortion.” Crackpot Disg-Race Theory Aims to Murder the Souls of White Children
- “The Biden [junta] is implementing backdoor loan forgiveness.” Student Loan Class Warfare
- “Jeremy Adams’ book, Hollowed Out, offers an alarming diagnosis, as well as a little hope, for a generation that has rejected family and tradition for a damaging digital existence.” A Teacher Explains the Massive Challenges Young Americans Don’t Want to Face, But Must
- “A proposed restriction on charter schools doesn’t put students first.” The Corrupt Charter Myth
- “Bureaucrats who dictate school standards are also paid to implement them.” The Lucrative Business of Woke Education
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “The only way to address violent crime is to double or triple funding for the police and give them the authority to go after violent offenders.” America the Violent
- “One of last weekend’s fatalities was 29-year-old Chicago police officer Ella French. She was shot shortly after 9 p.m. on August 7, while working a traffic stop.” Report: At Least 45 Shot Friday into Sunday Morning in Chicago
- “During New York’s Democrat mayoral primary, Andrew Yang said something obvious and true . . . that he then had to recant. He said, ‘Yes, mentally ill people have rights, but you know who else have rights? We do! The people and families of the city.'” Ignoring Mentally Ill Homeless People is a Crime Against Society’s Rights
* * * * *
- “Fane Lozman’s feuds with Florida officials are a Supreme Court legend, but he’s facing his toughest battle yet.” An Infamous Florida Man Is in Biden DOJ’s Crosshairs
- “In the lawsuit, the anonymous woman claims that she had a sexual relationship with Euringer from January of 1997 to June of 1999, at which time she was a minor.” Suicide Squad Director Named in Underage Sex Assault Lawsuit for Hosting Pedophile-Themed Party
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “The problem for the Squad is that, once the IRS has something in its sights, what’s sauce for the pro-Israel goose is sauce for the pro-BDS gander.” The Squad Asks Treasury Department to Go After Israel
BIDEN CRIME FAMILY REVELATIONS, AND OTHER CORRUPTION
- Daniel Greenfield: “Corrupt politician hands anti-corruption award to the man who didn’t investigate his corruption.” Biden Honored Ukrainian Prosecutor Who Gave Him a Pass
- Margot Cleveland: “The issue here is not Hunter’s addiction or illegal behavior. Rather, it’s the intense corruption of the media and intelligence agencies, and how greatly our current president is compromised.” Hunter Biden’s Russian Prostitute Videos Indict Both His Father and U.S. Intelligence Agencies
OTHER DEMOCRAT, LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- “The tech industry was opposed to antitrust legislation, which would, if passed into law, make it ‘easier for regulators to break up tech giants.’ Besides the huge donations, tech companies ‘lobbied Senate leaders to prioritize a bill to provide $52 billion toward U.S. semiconductor manufacturing.'” Top Democrats Took Massive Donations From Big Tech as They Considered Anti-Trust Legislation
- “Only hours after Minnesota GOP operative Anton Lazarro posted online DNA evidence that allegedly shows Rep. Ilhan Omar was once married to her brother, the FBI busted him.” (of course they did; it’s their job to persecute the innocent and protect the Leftist agenda – jjs)FBI Dodged Bro-Fo Omar/Nur/Burqawitz/Ikeeelyou “Bro” Wed Probe
ANGEL OF DEATH CUOMO RESIGNATION, NURSING HOME SCANDAL, SEXUAL ASSAULT & OTHER DEM GOV SCANDALS
- “The elderly aren’t loyal Democrats; but educated, career women are.” Why Angel of Death Cuomo Resigned
- “Cruz and 10 other Republicans are urging Durbin ‘to open an investigation and schedule hearings’ on how Democrats sent [Chinese] COVID-positive seniors to nursing homes.”Senate Republicans Demand Hearing on Chinese COVID Nursing Home Deaths in Democrat-Run States
- “Slimeballs like Cuomo are merely the backwash of a system that has given up on accountability.” Elites Think the Rules Don’t Apply to Them, and Angel of Death Cuomo is Just the Result
- “Kathy Hochul courageously takes her stand only days after Andrew Cuomo leaves office.”Few Heroes in the Angel of Death Cuomo Saga
- “The [so-called quote-unquote “presidency”] of Joseph Robinette Biden has been an unmitigated disaster from the get go. There’s no other way to say it, and the political left knows it as much as the right.” Unmitigated Disasters: Biden’s First Months Have Been Some of America’s Worst
- “What we have in the Oval Office right now — after the brief shining moment of Donald J. Trump — is the closest thing possible to absolutely nothing.” Is This Anything?
- “The pterodactyls are coming home to roost.” Reality Bites Biden’s Policies
- “Any one of these alone would be terrifying to contemplate. We’re dealing with all four at once.” The Four Horsemen of the Biden Apocalypse
- “CBS News reported that Newsom’s fate may be determined by turnout, as Republicans are far more motivated to vote in the recall election than Democrats are.” (if Elder or any GOP candidate loses, Dao-Min Yen did it – jjs) CBS Poll: Gavin Newsom in Danger of Recall; Larry Elder Leads Contenders
- “. . . instead of attacking the recall, which would make the second question moot if he prevailed, Newsom is attacking someone he’s not running against. . . But Newsom’s strategy of trying to paint the mild-mannered, moderate conservative Larry Elder as a flaming right-wing attack dog is silly.” Newsom Tries to Tell Voters that Larry Elder is More “to the Right” Than Donald Trump
- “The Los Angeles Times took a very different view, declaring in a recent editorial that recalling Newsom would be a ‘disaster.'” OC Register Endorses Larry Elder over Gavin Newsom in California Recall
- “The ‘workers walking through metal fabrication shop stock video’ was shot in Florida in February 2019 and can be purchased for $170.” Virginia Candidate Terry McAuliffe Showcases Florida Workers in Campaign Ad
- “What is the point of having political power if we don’t use it to advance policies that are both right and popular? In the case of the states, red should mean ‘Go!'” (this assumes red states are more DeSantis than DeWine – jjs) Top Ten Ideas for Red States to Combat Blue Policies
- “Republicans don’t rally behind their own party or voters; it’s time for that to change.” Why Vote Republican?
- “Experts say the death of Richard Trumka will have little impact on the nation’s largest federation of unions.” New Leader, Same Leadership For AFL-CIO
- “In November 2020, Barack Obama released his newest memoir, A Promised Land. Hot on its heels comes a much needed corrective.” Obama Lies, Cashill Corrects
- “Some lessons from history and philosophy can help us think about our present crisis.” We Must All Hang Together
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “Now that illegal immigrants are being told by our government that crime victims will not be deported, human nature dictates that a spike in victimhood claims is imminent.” Biden to Unleash a Wave of Jussie Smolletts on America
- “There are two ways to deal with global population trends; both have problems.” Birth Rates, Immigration, and National Identity
- “Federal authorities made more than 212,000 arrests at the southwest border in July. By any measure, the border crisis is now an unmitigated humanitarian disaster.” The Biden Junta is Lying About the Border
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “He was elected because the adults are supposed to be in charge. Now the adults are in hiding. Where is the guy?” (he was not elected, praline-tits – jjs) Dagen McDowell Mocks Biden’s Vacation: “It Must Be Exhausting Setting America Back 45 Years In 7 Months”
- “Why do they get an account?” Dan Crenshaw Rips Jack Dorsey as Taliban Representatives Tweet Freely
- “The Daily Caller confirmed Psaki’s absence by e-mailing her and receiving an auto-reply that read, ‘I will be out of the office from August 15th-August 22nd.'” Piss-Hockey Psaki “Out of the Office” Amid Taliban Takeover of Afghanistan
- “These hit jobs on DeSantis are about his prominence in the Republican Party, about 2024 or 2028 . . . they have nothing to do with WuFlu, with masks, or with schools.” Panic Porn: Media Buried Key Detail About Florida Teachers Dying of Chinese COVID
- “Hopefully, Florida’s next move will be even bolder. With weekly reporting and using the date of death to report mortality, perhaps the state can distinguish between dying with[Chinese] COVID-19 and a death caused by [Chinese] COVID-19.” Florida’s DeSantis Is Just Trolling the Media With Another Bold Move and It’s Fantastic to Watch
- “Let us be clear: Plagiarism undermines our mission and values, full stop.” Report: Snopes Co-Founder Published More Than 50 Plagiarized Articles Under 3 Different Bylines
- “Greenwald believes that like Substack, Rumble is one of the few places independent thinkers can go to freely speak their minds in the digital realm.” Glenn Greenwald Moves to Rumble to Combat YouTube’s “Increasing Repression”
- “The logic of the East Lansing government is actually quite blatant: It believes it has the right to dictate what others can or cannot say in public, the first amendment be damned.”Today’s Blacklisted Americans: Farm Banned From Farmers Market Because Owners Are Christian
- “A grim incident — the killing of several people by self-described ’23-year old virgin autist’ Jake Davison, who subsequently committed suicide — has been seized on by the media and political class as a beneficial crisis. They will now exploit this as an opportunity to advance a long-running Establishment agenda: the war on private gun ownership, and the redefinition of anyone with vaguely right-wing ideas as a potential terrorist threat.” UK Police Want to Trawl Gun Owners’ Social Media for Wrongthink After ‘”Incel” Shooting
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- Angelo Codevilla: “America’s foreign policy drowns at the water’s edge.” The Death of the Global Cop
- “Walks back official’s claim that attack on British tanker came from Yemen.” Pentagon Contradicts Itself on Origins of Iranian Drone
- “Pro-democracy Iranians seek Biden aid on [Chinese] coronavirus.” State Dept. Refuses To Meet With Iranian-American Regime Opponents
- “Lebanon is currently a country in political, economic, social turmoil. Hezb’allah has a lot to do with that.” The Menace of Hezb’allah
- “Neither Emmanuel Macron nor Boris Johnson seems particularly inclined to effect a happy cross-channel relationship.” Can France and Britain Kiss and Make Up?
- “Instead of attacking Orban, European progressives should fix their own countries.”Christian Hungary Is Not the Problem
- “Why Americans aren’t getting the truth.” Humberto Fontova Video: What the Democrat-Media Complex Isn’t Telling You About Cuba
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “When the Chief of Naval Personnel explained why the Navy is reinstating photographs for promotion packets, he gave the whole game away.” A DOD Official Exposes the Intellectual Bankruptcy of Diversity
- “When we decide to send our young off to fight, we owe them more than a thank you and a free concert.” Our Ridiculous Way of Fighting Wars
- “All hell breaks loose . . .” When US Customs Confiscates Qur’an-Quoting Tiles From Iran
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE, THE COURTS
- “Now, people, when I say that, look at me and say, ‘What are you talking about, Joe? You’re telling me we have to go spend money to keep from going bankrupt?’ “The answer is, ‘Yes,’ that’s what I’m telling you.” V.P. Biden ’09: “We Have to Go Spend Money to Keep From Going Bankrupt”
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “Says ban deprives landlords without due process. . . The practical effect of Thursday night’s decision isn’t clear because the federal moratorium remains in place. And the Court itself noted that New York state has a second law that directs judges to consider [Chinese] COVID-related hardships in eviction proceedings.” Supreme Court Blocks New York Eviction Moratorium
- “The Biden [junta’s] flippant attitude toward not just obeying the Constitution, but toward core founding principles that were key to creating our country, tells us whether the fruits of our labor are our own, and whether we enjoy them in peace and security. Unfortunately the answer is no.” Cato, the Supreme Court, and Biden’s Sellout of Property Rights
- “Legislation may eliminate sub-minimum wage that helps intellectually disabled find jobs.”Disabled Workers Concerned That Proposed Wage Hike May Leave Them Unemployed
- “The case against Modern Monetary Theory.” Skyrocketing Federal Debt Is a Crisis, No Matter How Much Liberals Pretend It’s Not
- “There is no rational economic school, anywhere across the political spectrum, that believes higher government spending actually reduces inflation.” The Biden Inflation Tax, Made Clear in One Chart
- “Ending crony capitalism requires understanding the difference between a pragmatic, pro-market dispensation and a dogmatically pro-business one.” Please Don’t Feed the Businesses
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “Poor state and federal policies, not global warming, are behind the recent rise in fires.” Two Charts Destroy Big Lie About “Climate Change” and Wildfires
- “The Greens are using fake science and false advertising to destroy our right to produce and consume real meat.” Real Meat Is Green — It Eats Grass
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “[Branson] is getting out when the getting is good. That he is following the classic and very corrupt method of “pump and dump” only solidifies my belief that he is an outright con-man.” Branson Sells More Than 10 Million Shares of Virgin Galactic
- “In several articles published today in the state-run Russian press, the Russians made the accusation that the hole and drilling damage that had been found on an in-orbit Soyuz capsule was put there by an American astronaut.” Russians Accuse American Astronaut of Drilling Hole in Soyuz
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “From campy fringe to corporate cringe.” Big Drag
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “MLB moved a single game away from politics and divisiveness, away from hype and taxpayer-funded palaces, and into a balmy summer night under simple lights in an Iowa cornfield. It could have been hokey and maybe it was, but it was also magical.” Why the “Field of Dreams” Game Propelled MLB to Its Best One-Game Ratings in Years
- “The pandemic and a troubling politics addiction threaten the future of professional sports.Major-League Sports Faces Major-League Problems
- “Where those false flags fly, flap, and flutter, they tell you the policies that have undercut the value of middle-class labor and immiserated a nation are intentional.” Flags, False and True
- Roger Kimball: “Art is not just something we “go along with.'” Killing Art
- Christian Toto: “The celebrated filmmaker’s only crime? He’s an icon with the wrong skin color.” Ken Burns on Woke Chopping Block
- “The group wants to rename the road ‘Wanishi Street.'” Beware the Street Name Police
- “From now on, refer to me as Stolichnaya/Bombay Sapphire.” 2021: The Year of the Pronoun
- “Ordinary people, in their folkways and their local rule, are competent to pursue ordinary features of the common good in a sane and fair manner.” Egalitarianism, the Elephant
- “Something seems terribly wrong. It is as if nothing works anymore. There’s fear in the air. Maybe it is time to head for a bunker.” Getting Ready for the End of the World
NOTE: The opinions expressed in some links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.