Good morning, kids. Thursday and the disaster unfolding in Afghanistan with a fudge-ripple effect in Joey Biden’s ice cream dish and what’s left of America continues, as it no doubt will for perhaps weeks to come. This is not going to be just a drive-by event in the daily soap opera that passes for news as Rush Limbaugh, PBUH, would describe it. This is something the media will not be able to control because they did not create it. And now, as is painfully evident by Biden’s interview with Greek fireplug George Stephanopoulos and an horrendous press conference, the Left is desperate to try and change the narrative. Spoiler alert: it’s failing miserably even as they try.
With now a potential hostage crisis that makes the one that befell the hapless Jimmy Carter in the wake of Iran falling to – what a coincidence – medieval Islamic fanatics, there are some revelations that are just beyond the pale. Yesterday, Ace covered the scoop from the National Pulse about the DC junta trashing a Trump administration contingency plan in the event of a situation just like what is unfolding in Afghanistan. It is beyond insane that they axiomatically oppose anything and everything associated with Trump just because, Trump. But with thousands of Americans and westerners stranded in what is about to become a circle of hell on earth, how the hell did we lose Bagram Air Base, which is or at least was one of the most heavily defended American bastions in Afghanistan, if not on that side of the globe? The answer to that is going to make blood shoot out of your eyes.
The decision to abandon Bagram in favor of HKIA could result in a massive, unprecedented hostage crisis, should the Taliban decide to attack and then overcome the U.S. forces defending HKIA. If that happens, the possibilities grow grimmer from there. Black Hawk Down, the Iran hostage crisis, ISIS beheadings, all possible, all by the thousands. The U.S. military will be doing very well to avoid that. The Taliban would also be wise to avoid it, as going hot would force Biden to redeploy a massive number of forces to retaliate. The possibilities spiral out of control from there.
In any case, Milley clearly says the plan to abandon Bagram came from the commander in Afghanistan, Gen. Austin “Scottie” Miller, in response to orders from Washington.
It’s tempting to call for Miller’s firing now, but there’s a problem with that. He already left.
NBC ran this story about Miller stepping down from command of U.S.-NATO forces on July 12. It’s poignant now to read the quotes he and his commander, CENTCOM’s Gen. Frank McKenzie, offered Afghanistan at the time of Miller’s departure. . .
. . . Clearly, they could not count on that support. McKenzie knew so at the time. Miller’s plan would have been in development and briefings since April at the time of his departure on July 12. In fact, the United States abandoned Bagram Air Base a full week prior, the AP reported at the time. Miller’s plan had already been initiated on July 5. . .
. . . This was the plan: bug out of the largest U.S. base in the dead of night without even telling our allies, then a week later reassure them that we were always going to stand by them — when the military knew Biden had no intention of doing so. . .
. . . They still, in my estimation, managed to make everything even worse by choosing to defend the wrong patch of ground. They had a choice and chose very poorly. That’s not hindsight, it’s a recognition of how things are playing out right now. Again, Bagram provided capabilities that HKIA does not.
But the choice was forced on them by a man in the White House who never served in uniform, who foisted his drug-addict son on the military, and who set arbitrary dates for withdrawal without any regard for the conditions and facts on the ground. Biden’s MO since taking office has been to fling executive orders and edicts with no regard for the real-world consequences, and then blame Trump or someone else when it blows up in his face.
My first reaction to reading this involved the phrases “court martial” and “summary execution.” You can start with Vanilli Milley and Lloyd Austin and go from there. But, as the saying goes, the fish stinks from the head. And in this case it’s an empty one that is maintained at a near constant 20 degrees farenheit that is giving the world the biggest ice cream headache in history.
The other day, I had a long conversation with a friend and we were debating whether or not this is incompetence or intentional or what. It mirrors conversations with another friend about the mind, such as it is, of NYC’s hideous Wilhelm Klink DeBolshevik, who my friend (who see things in purely partisan political terms) insists is incompetent. I tried telling him, and I think at least it is sinking in, that his incompetence is driven by his worldview. Even if someone were incompetent, a bad decision or even a string of bad decisions would not create societal chaos and breakdown. Some inkling of common sense would prevent wholehearted support and cheerleading of abolishing police forces, or in this case, just leaving an entire nation, and a strategically important one, that you spent 20 years trying to prop up that cost trillions of dollars and thousands of lives in the hands of bestial dark age monsters. Worse, sending a signal to every criminal, be it muggers and rapists or tyrannical nuclear-armed regimes, that you apologize for being such a poor excuse of a victim.
It is a fact that the Chi-Coms have infiltrated every aspect of our society all the way up to and including the highest levels of government. With that as a set-up, the estimable Lara Logan was on with TuCa yesterday and said it out loud:
What she told Tucker will confirm your worst fears: Things are playing out as they are, complete with violence, death, chaos, and a massive risk of a hostage crisis because that’s what the government wants, much as it wants an open border:
Investigative journalist Lara Logan, host of “No Agenda” on Fox Nation, said Wednesday it is clear the United States government prefers the chaotic outcome in Afghanistan as well as the criminal and humanitarian crises at the U.S. southern border.
Logan told Fox Nation’s “Tucker Carlson Today” that whoever in Washington is truly “pulling the strings” of the government intends for these crises to intensify, given their oft-unstated ability to stop them from worsening.
“Whoever is in power right now, whoever is really pulling the strings — and I don’t know that — they could do anything they want to change this. And they’re not.
Debate about intentional or incompetent or both or what . . .
. . . “The NSA and the [NGIA] are watching this happen in real time,” she claimed.
“And they’re doing nothing to stop it. Why not? So what the Afghans will tell you is that the United States chose this outcome.”
“The United States government could change this even today. And they don’t do it. They don’t use the leverage they have with Pakistan. They’ll give you 5,000 reasons, but it doesn’t matter.”
. . . America is at a very dangerous crossroads. It appears that she is being led by an incompetent moron but it’s probably worse than that: She is led by people who wish to “fundamentally transform” America, place purported global goals above American well-being, and don’t care how many people die to achieve their goals.
So, where the hell do I even begin? What Logan postulated even a few years ago would have gotten her thrown into a psycho ward. After everything we’ve seen especially since last November, what she is saying is the sum of all of our fears, so to speak.
It’s not incompetence. It’s not even politics. It’s insanity. And it is every bit as insane and ruthless as the Taliban. Yes, of course, sick bastards like Stephen Colbert or Michael Moore slime us with that comparison but it is pure projection. They’re just too out of their minds to recognize it. As Raymond Ibrahim noted yesterday in his lead piece, Islam has been on the march for 1,600 years and they have a singular goal – world conquest. The same thing with those who control Biden, despite being on the march for just over a century.
They do not tire, they do not give in, even when they suffer setback after setback. Look where they are now and look where we are. It’s going to take becoming as ruthless and singleminded as they are just to survive, let alone restore peace and sanity.
On a completely different, yet as with most things, not unrelated note, this week marks the 30th anniversary of the Al Sharpton-led Crown Heights pogrom, or “riots.” The Washington Free Beacon is doing extensive coverage on it if you want to escape this madness. Meh, some escape, right?
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- “Joe Biden supported the War in Afghanistan before he was against it. Now, as [so-called quote-unquote “president”], he is failing his country yet again.” Afghanistan or Joe Biden: Which is the Faster Fall?
- “Public health officials’ calls for lockdowns have been for nothing.” The Problem with Public Health
- Daniel Greenfield: “Milley should have studied Muslim rage, instead of white rage.” While Afghanistan Fell, Military and CIA Focused on Diversity
- Lloyd Billingsley: “Twenty years later, under the Biden Junta, conditions are much worse.”How a Large, Unwieldy Government Failed America on 9/11
- “The newest military branch opens a second field command and tries to dodge Pentagon UFO plans.” US Space Force Planning for New Component in the Middle East
BIDEN AFGHANISTAN BUG-OUT DISASTER
- “Tucker Carlson played a jaw-dropping segment from his conversation with Lara Logan, during which she said the quiet part out loud about the Taliban victory. . . “Yes, it is. This was what the government wanted.” Shock Video: Lara Logan Confirms What We Feared About Afghanistan
- “Milley clearly says the plan to abandon Bagram came from the commander in Afghanistan, Gen. Austin “Scottie” Miller, in response to orders from Washington. It’s tempting to call for Miller’s firing now, but there’s a problem with that. He already left.” The General Who Recommended Abandoning Bagram Air Base Has Already Left Afghanistan. Hmm . . .
- “[So-called quote-unquote “president”] Joe Biden denied that the swift takeover caught him and his administration off guard during a speech Monday, but his comments sharply contrasted with ones he made on July 8.” White House Messaging On Afghanistan Gets a Massive and Rapid Makeover
- “That was four days ago!” (bowl of fudge ripple would never back-sass you – jjs) Stubborn Joe Biden Snaps, Falls Apart in Interview as Afghanistan Crisis Worsens; Off to Delaware Basement for Extended Weekend
- “Kamala Harris has been eerily quiet over the last week, as her and Joe Biden seem to be in the middle of a White House shade war. Indeed, Harris hasn’t been seen publicly in six days after she refused to join Biden for his Afghanistan press conference on Monday.” Biden and Kamala Camps Falling Out Over Afghanistan Disaster
- “The ‘Contingency and Crisis Response Bureau’ — which was designed to handle medical, diplomatic, and logistical support concerning Americans overseas was paused by Anthony Blinken’s State Department earlier this year. Notification was officially signed just months before the Taliban’s takeover of Afghanistan.” Joe Biden’s State Dept Halted a Trump-Era “Crisis Response” Plan Aimed at Avoiding Benghazi-Style Evacuations Just MONTHS Before Taliban Takeover
- “Tugendhat took particular offense at Biden’s comments about the Afghan army, whom he served alongside. . . ‘The feeling of abandonment, of not just a country but the sacrifice that my friends made,’ he said, opened fresh wounds. He added that he had seen ‘good men go into the earth, taking with a part of me and a part of all of us.'” “Shameful”: Member of British Parliament Tears Into Biden Over Afghanistan Speech
- “U.S. allies ’embittered,’ as rogue states and terrorist groups cheer Taliban victory.”Germany Calls Biden’s Afghanistan Pull-Out the “Biggest Debacle” for NATO
- “Chaos ensued at the Kabul airport when people tried to evacuate as the Taliban took over Afghanistan after [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Joe Biden ordered the U.S. military to withdraw.” Defense Sec Promises 24/7 Evacuation Efforts In Afghanistan, Says It’s “Obvious We’re Not Close To Where We Want To Be”
- “It’s a failure, and [Biden] needs to own that failure.” Obama Guru David Axelrod on Biden Afghan Exit: “This Has Been a Disaster”
- “Up to 15,000 Americans were still trapped in Afghanistan on Tuesday.” Malig-Nancy Pelosi Doubles Down On Praise For Biden’s “Strong” and “Decisive” Afghanistan Withdrawal
* * * * *
- “That was their choice.” (if they knew you would leave them high and dry they never would have gone within 10,000 miles of the place – jjs) Biden NatSec Advisor Victim-Blames Americans Trapped In Afghanistan Following Taliban Blitz
- “Video shows babies passed to strangers in crowd to get them evacuated.” Afghan Women Throwing Babies Over Barbed Wire To Save Them: Report
- Vice President Amrullah Saleh, one of the country’s most outspoken critics of the Taliban, declared on social media Tuesday that under the constitution he is acting head of state. (as Momma Sefton might say, “zei mir mit mazel” – jjs) Anti-Taliban Politician Says He’s Now the Acting President of Afghanistan: “The War is Not Over”
- “It’s tough for the world to imagine what we built in the past 20 years. We built dreams. Now they are gone. It’s all over for us. Women who work with the government or police were being hunted and threatened even before the Taliban had taken over the country.” Afghan Who Had Her Eyes Gouged Out By Taliban Says They “Make Animals Feed” On Women’s Bodies
- “. . . being ‘quite optimistic’ about the future of women and girls in Afghanistan in 2021 demands a special kind of stupidity that only comes from fuzzy-headed leftists living in a dream world.” Naive Nitwits at UNICEF “Optimistic” Following Talks With Taliban
- “Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley is an utter disgrace to his uniform, to our Constitution, and to the great United States and its amazing people.” Mark Milley Deserves to be Fired and Court-Martialed For His Afghanistan Lies (and indoctrinating the troops with Marxism – jjs)
- “We left military bases, forts, and enough equipment to create a first-rate military force. One that may be used against American interests. This is worse than surrender.” Biden’s Surrender “Presidency”
- “Rare earth metals in Afghanistan were estimated to be worth anywhere between $1 trillion and $3 trillion in 2020.” China May Align Itself with Taliban to Exploit Afghanistan’s Rare Earth Metals
- “HIIDE devices contain biometric data such as iris scans and fingerprints, along with biographical information, and are stored in large databases. The U.S. military has used biometric tools to track down Afghan militants, but sources said HIIDE devices also collected data on Afghans who assisted U.S. forces and were often used in identification cards.”REPORT: Taliban Seizes Army’s Biometric Data That Could Expose US Allies In Afghanistan
- “It’s so embarrassing that Hillary is talking to leaders and not Biden. Who else did she call!?”Canada PM Trudeau Spoke to Hillary, But Not Biden, About Afghanistan
* * * * *
- “What possessed the White House to tweet out a photo of Joe Biden all alone in a conference room at Camp David as Kabul fell to the Taliban Sunday? Isolated, feeble, indecisive: that is the lasting image of the president of the United States as his nation suffered the worst self-inflicted humiliation of its history.” Commander in Weak: Damning Picture of a Weak Leader
- Victor Davis Hanson: “In the aftermath of the Afghan debacle, we must depoliticize and de-weaponize these warped agencies and incompetent institutions.” Ripples of Kabul
- Terry Jeffrey: “Twenty years ago, the United States justly and correctly invaded Afghanistan, targeting the Al Qaeda terrorist organization responsible for the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. We still have an interest in making sure Afghanistan does not once again become a sanctuary for terrorists seeking to attack this country. But it was a mistake to think the United States could remake Afghanistan.” The Tragedy in Kabul
- “The American retreat from Afghanistan is a sorry spectacle.” Land of Shame
- “What could we have accomplished with all of that money, all of that talent, and all of those American lives if they had been focused on revitalizing our own country?” Paying Yesterday’s Bills in Afghanistan
CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS, FACTS AND AMERICA IMPRISONED
- “The Biden [junta] has been looking for ways to get further involved in states’ affairs, specifically taking aim at Florida and Texas where Republican Governors Ron DeSantis and Greg Abbott, respectively, have signed executive orders banning mask mandates.” Biden Tells Secretary Of Education To Use “Legal Actions” Against Governors Banning Mask Mandates
- “Aka, your government-pharmaceutical-media complex.” Fear Porn Incorporaed
- Which means this thing is just like every other virus we’ve ever encountered. CDC Data Shows “Worrying Drop” in Vaccine Efficacy Over Time
- “Most sane people would call it coercion.” (easy-peasy to download a card and fill it in – jjs)Bill DeBolshevik Explains How His NYC Jim Crow 2.0 Plan Will Work
- “The suit uses the words ‘arbitrary’ and ‘capricious,’ which tend to get judges’ attention when discussing matters of equality under government policies.” Businesses Sue NYC Mayor Bill DeBolshevik Over His Vaccine Segregation Mandate
- “We have no choice but to cut the WiFi from all students who do not get the vaccine so we can protect the university from further infection,” administrators said. University Affirms “QAnon Conspiracy” on Chinese COVID Spreading Through WiFi
- “Neither hydroxychloroquine nor ivermectin was authorized; instead, this is a new, experimental drug.” The FDA Has Authorized an Early Chinese COVID Treatment
- “At a board of supervisors public meeting in San Diego yesterday it appeared that a major revolt is rising against the local government’s demand that businesses impose mask and vaccine mandates on their employees and customers.” Revolt in San Diego Over Democrat-Imposed Mask and Vaccine Mandates
- “Doug Ducey, the less than useless Republican governor in Arizona during this past year of Wuhan panic, has apparently finally seen the light, and has begun to take action to prevent the Democratically-controlled local school boards and city governments from imposing new mask and vaccine mandates as well as shutting schools out of an unjustified fear of [Chinese] COVID-19.” AZ Gov. to Block Any Mask and Vaccine Mandates
- “Abusive mask mandates for school children have exposed, yet again, the problem with central planning.” Unmasking School Choice
THE 2020 ELECTION HEIST AND AFTERMATH
- “The board’s unanimous vote was possible due to provisions in the state’s new voting law passed earlier this year.” Georgia Elections Board Moves Toward Eventual Fulton County Takeover
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “Any effort to take account of race in a way that differently accords benefits or opportunities or creates a hostile environment in an educational institution is almost certainly unlawful.” Arkansas AG: “Instituting Practices Based On Critical Race Theory” In Education Violates Anti-Discrimination Laws
- “Biden’s pick to represent his administration in the Supreme Court collected over $10,000 in compensation from Harvard Law School, a transaction that may force her to recuse herself from a landmark challenge to the university’s affirmative action program.” Biden’s Solicitor General Nom May Have To Recuse Self From Harvard Affirmative Action Case
- “Because we demand so very little of our public schools, so very little is what we get.”Reforming Education: Chasing the Wrong Rabbit
- “Jacqueline Jones, the president of the American Historical Association (AHA) and a University of Texas professor, wrote in the association’s magazine this month that critical race theory is crucial to helping students overcome their ‘wrong assumptions’ that America is no longer systematically racist or impacted by systematic racism.” American Historical Association Doubles Down on Support forCrackpot Disg-Race Theory
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “Those responsible for the opioid crisis should be held responsible, but not via public-nuisance litigation.” The Wrong Way Forward
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
Note: The Washington Free Beacon is doing extended coverage of the 30th anniversary of the Al Sharpton-instigated Crown Heights Riot/Pogrom. Well worth reviewing if you need a break from the current disaster. Meh, some break.
- “In New York’s Crown Heights neighborhood and nationwide, anti-Semitic violence is still common. Why is it taken for granted?” (not so much nationwide but in Democrat strongholds for sure – jjs) The Last Acceptable Hate Crime
BIDEN CRIME FAMILY REVELATIONS, AND OTHER CORRUPTION
- Margot Cleveland: “The FBI had knowledge that a second laptop had been stolen from Hunter Biden and that laptop contained material making the Biden family a national security risk, subject to Russian influence.” FBI Knew of Hunter Biden’s Missing Laptop as Early as December 2019
SHAMPEACHMENT 1.0, 2016 CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- “That is not mere politicization of the justice system. It is weaponization of the justice system against political enemies. Ken Kurson is the latest Trump World habitue to learn that the hard way.” Witch Hunt of Trump Allies Continues as Cy Vance Goes After Pardoned Man
ANGEL OF DEATH CUOMO RESIGNATION, NURSING HOME SCANDAL, SEXUAL ASSAULT & OTHER DEM GOV SCANDALS
- “The downfall of the creepy old Luv Guv.” Why Did Angel of Death Cuomo Resign?
- “Biden’s press conference came as thousands of Americans remain trapped in Afghanistan and horrifying images have emerged from the nation showing violence and chaos erupting in the wake of his disastrous pullout from Afghanistan.” Biden Bolts Out Of Press Conference After Attacking GOP Governors, Refuses Questions
- “It’s time to admit that Biden is unfit to serve as our chief executive.” Biden’s Cognitive Decline Is Dangerous
- “Furthermore, asked how people would vote if a presidential election were held today, just 37 percent said they would vote for Joe Biden, down from 45 percent who said they did. Forty-three percent said they would vote for Donald Trump.” Stunning Poll Reveals Trump Would Win Election Held Today, as Nearly 1 in 10 Democrats “Regret” Their 2020 Vote
- “The poll covered a period that saw Afghanistan fall into chaos in the aftermath of Biden’s withdrawal of U.S. troops from the country.” Poll: Most Voters Say Biden Is a Weak Leader
- “The poll includes 26 percent who strongly approve and 45 percent who strongly disapprove.” Biden Sinks 19 Points Underwater in Daily Tracking Poll, Strong Approval Collapses
- “All the caveats about polls aside, most people with a political ear to the ground feel the same sense of unease that these voters are feeling. Whether it’s the president’s age or basic incompetence is hard to say. But the voters are unsettled, and it’s hard to see how Biden can regain their trust.” Trump Rising
- “Thanks to Biden, carrion birds are picking at the pieces of America.” The Vultures Are Circling
- “Elder noted that he was willing to take hostile questions — indeed, much of the interview was combative — but not from someone who had effectively described him as a ‘black David Duke.'” WATCH: Larry Elder Shuts Down Columnist Who Compared Him to David Duke
* * * * *
- “In short, the Democrats’ fortunes are in free fall. And with a damaged Joe Biden, who will be able to rally the party in time for the 2022 elections?” Dems Face Chilling Prospect of Losing Two Biggest Governors Within a Few Weeks
- “Democrats are bad enough. But there’s more to bemoan: The number of Republican office holders in Washington willing to fight is abysmally small.” Biden Powercrats vs. America
- “Republicans are hailing the victory as a preview of the 2022 congressional midterms, and are hoping that it will signal their continued viability with suburban voters.” Republican Flips State Senate Seat Where Biden Won By 25%
- “Democrats In Name Only defy easy categorization. They are ideologically eclectic. Unlike the irrelevant RINOs, they have a bold and practical policy agenda.” Here Come the DINOs
- “Biden is the most ineffectual president in my lifetime.” Jimmy Carter Is Redeemed
- “Joe Biden is not a leader, and Democrats know it, but he is their human autopen that will sign off on their radical policy fantasia.” Democrats Got What They Wanted With Joe Biden: An Autopen in the White House
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “When the borders become totally overwhelmed, what do you do?” Prager U Video: Thousands of Illegals Are Being Released Into the U.S.
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “The kind view would be that he simply miscalculated, though to disastrous effect. In truth, it appears Biden was lying through his teeth: It actually might be hard to find a top official who didn’t warn him about the dangers of his pullout.” The Media Refuse to Call Biden a Liar on Afghanistan Despite the Evidence — Unlike What They with President Trump
- Christian Toto: “Far-left site can’t mention the leader responsible for the chaotic U.S. withdrawal.” Guess Who The Hollywood Reporter Left Out of Its Afghanistan Reporting?
- “I feel like I watched a different speech than the rest of you guys. I was appalled.” Video: U.S. Army Vet Torches Brian Williams on Biden’s Afghanistan Response
- “A propaganda outlet controlled by the Chinese Communist Party aired a video promoting critical race theory to American children.” Communist China Adds Video Promoting Crackpot Disg-Race Theory to Propaganda Lineup
- “The GOP are trying to ‘impose their religious beliefs on all others,’ the op-ed said.” MSLSD Runs Opinion Piece Comparing Pro-Life Republicans to Taliban
- “Farrington wrote hundreds of words to take a swing at Governor DeSantis for promoting the treatment the Biden [junta] recommends. In trying to make it look like dirty dealing, Farrington only succeeded in making himself look ridiculous.” Only Ron DeSantis Would Get Criticized for Doing Exactly What Biden’s HHS Wants
- John Stossel: “YouTube just froze Sen. Rand Paul’s YouTube channel. That’s just wrong. Small-minded. Counterproductive.” Chinese Coronavirus Censorship
- “Boston today is far from the perfect society given class and social divisions, but the medicine prescribed by its leading newspaper is a poisonous brew.” The Boston Globe’sPoisonous Brew
- “Professor Gregory Manco . . . dared to publicly express opposition to the idea of paying reparations. . . The university has now doubled down on that action by terminating Manco’s employment. The biggest irony is that the school’s own investigation found that Manco had done nothing wrong.” Today’s Blacklisted American: Professor Fired by University for Having Opinions
- Sen. Steve Daines: This lawsuit attempts to force an extreme abortion agenda on Montana. It is despicable that Planned Parenthood is seeking to undo the Montana legislature’s life-saving laws that prevent barbaric late-term abortions on babies who can feel pain, taxpayer funding for abortion, and reckless do-it-yourself abortions by mail.” Planned Parenthood Sues Montana to Strike Down “Cruel” Pro-Life Laws
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “The Taiwanese must be very concerned about how much they can rely on the U.S. If I were the Taiwanese leadership, I would load up an airplane full of cash and fly to either India or Pakistan and go buy a few nuclear weapons, because it’s really ultimately up to them to determine their own defense [and] their own deterrence, because I don’t think they can depend on the United States showing up for that.” Blackwater Founder Erik Prince: Afghanistan Proves Taiwan Should Buy Nukes
- “China is preparing to construct an airport on land reclaimed from the sea near Taiwan, as the communist regime continues to ramp up pressure on the island nation.” China Plans To Build $463 Million Airport On Closest Island To Taiwan
- “Biden [junta] slow-walks efforts to give Cuba internet access.” Cuba Makes It Illegal to Criticize Government on Social Media
- “A decades-old systemic indoctrination of children.” (same thing in this country since the 60s – jjs) Palestinian Textbook Jihad Against Israel
- “CAIR describes itself as the nation’s biggest Muslim civil rights and advocacy group.” (that’s like the Einsatzgruppen describing itself as a Jewish outreach group – jjs) Don’t Call it Shari’a, CAIR Official Says of the Taliban’s Ideology
- “Barbara Sharief builds political profile by participating with group harboring death squad leader.” Muslim Congressional Candidate Featured at Event Sponsored by Islamist Outfit ICNA
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE, THE COURTS
- “No self-respecting Republican can vote yea.” Don’t Let Elizabeth Prelogar Be Solicitor General
- “Judging from the traffic in D.C., most federal employees are staying home.” Working-From-Home Bureaucracy
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “The meeting took place prior to a spate of weaker than expected economic data, including a severe drop in consumer sentiment and a larger than expected decline in homebuilder confidence.” Fed Signals Pullback of Monetary Stimulus Likely to Start This Year
- “Chalk it up to another of Biden’s self-inflicted wounds.” How Did We Go From Energy Dominance To Energy Begging In Just 8 Months?
HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE
- “There needs to be a balance between the right to control one’s intellectual property and the right to freely provide services in the marketplace, but we must ensure that the devices doctors use have been serviced properly and safely and cannot easily be comprised by cybersecurity threats. Holding third-party device servicing to the same standards as those who work for Original Equipment Manufacturers would be a good start.” Unregulated Medical Device Servicing is a Cybersecurity Threat
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “It now appears that the partial breakup of a Chinese military satellite in March 2021 was caused when it collided with a piece of rocket space junk leftover from a 1996 Russian launch.” Russian Space Junk Hit Chinese Satellite in March
- “To get a really good idea of what this panorama shows, I have embedded below a video the scientists have produced giving a tour of the image, which reveals two especially interesting details.” Curiosity Produces New 360-Degree Hi-Res Panorama
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “It seems that Alan Dershowitz’s ties to the Trump administration have made him persona non grata among the Martha’s Vineyard elite — including Larry David.” Larry David Screamed at Alan Dershowitz in a Grocery Store Over Trump Ties
- “Blind auditions are racist now.” Liberal Activism Threatens to Destroy the Classical Music Tradition
- “Guidance for an uncertain future.” The Quantum Pill
- “How could professional athletes be ‘bullied’ into publicly disrespecting their own country and its flag if they don’t want to? These people are adults, right?” How to Stop People From Falsely Accusing You of Racism
- Christopher Rufo: “The financial giant teaches that the United States is a system of ‘white supremacy’ and encourages employees to become ‘woke at work.'” Bank of Amerika
HITHER & YON
- “Anti-police policies and anti-Semitism that fueled riots 30 years ago are on the rise again.”30 Years Later: Remembering Crown Heights
- “Honoring the veterans of Afghanistan and the sacrifice they made for our country.” “The Last Day, Some of the Best Ones Die”
NOTE: The opinions expressed in some links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.