Good morning, kids. The weekend is here, or so the calendar says. Another grim milestone of yet another day of America held hostage. Actually, it’s a combination of two of Yogi Berra’s famous Yogi-isms: “It’s deja-vu all over again” and “50% of Chinese Coronavirus is 90% statistics.” Obviously the last one is paraphrased, but it hits the nail on the head. For going on two months, we have relied on the statistical models of one individual, and tragically, the rest is history – literally:
…The mother of all modeling when it comes to COVID-19 is Neil Ferguson of Imperial College London. It was he who first said 500,000 people in England would die, and another 2.2 million in America unless drastic steps were taken. Then, when both countries panicked, he came out with a new, downgraded model (one that still overstates the reality). Ferguson was presented to the world as one of the world’s foremost epidemiologists and modelers. Perhaps we should have learned more about him before accepting that claim. With help from Bill Steigerwald, Power Line has an expose that gives us more information about Ferguson.
It turns out that, in 2005, Ferguson had some predictions about the Bird Flu. He estimated 200,000,000 deaths worldwide. In fact, in the last 17 years, there’ve been 455 diagnosed Bird Flu deaths. But anyone is entitled to make one little 199,999,545-person error, right? Well, maybe. But what about two such errors?
Dr. Ferguson was equally off with his death projections for mad cow disease. He made big headlines in the United Kingdom by predicting that mad cow disease could kill between 50 and 50,000. Bill writes: “Millions of cows were slaughtered. But to be fair, his scientific ‘model’ was right. The death toll [is 178 to date].”
But wait! There’s more. Ferguson also refuses to share his methodology with other scientists:
Several researchers have apparently asked to see Imperial’s calculations, but Prof. Neil Ferguson, the man leading the team, has said that the computer code is 13 years old and thousands of lines of it “undocumented,” making it hard for anyone to work with, let alone take it apart to identify potential errors. He has promised that it will be published in a week or so, but in the meantime reasonable people might wonder whether something made with 13-year-old, undocumented computer code should be used to justify shutting down the economy.
Ferguson is the modern equivalent of the man standing on the street corner, screaming at passers-by, “The end is near.” Neither is correct; both are insane. And yet this is the man who has shut down America’s economy…
I like that part about Ferguson’s refusing to share his methodology with other scientists. Not the scientific method but a method for sure, one that Michael Mann approves of.
Thing of it is, I don’t necessarily blame Ferguson for this. He is yet another crackpot faculty lounge egghead who most likely has a political agenda and definitely has a megalomaniacal streak in him. If anyone had bothered to check this guy’s history, which was evidently easy enough to do, they would have seen him for the Professor Irwin Corey that he is. But no one did.
No, I don’t necessarily blame him; the fact that he has not been defrocked and booted is another matter. But Anthony Fauci and Deborah Birx are quite another matter indeed. Now that we know for sure that Ferguson’s model was more apt to prove a flat earth than to flatten the curve, Fauci and Birx continue to push the notion of keeping everyone locked down for extended periods to prevent a wave of illness and death that was and is never going to happen. As insidious and lethal as this particular strain of Asiatic plague is, the idea that social distancing and quarantines are what caused the models to be revised downward and slow the pace of infection and death is a myth. That’s not to say that they did not prevent people from getting sick; naturally when sources of any contagion are not around to infect people, they won’t come down with anything, be it a cold or the Chinese Lung AIDS. But there is now evidence to show that states that did not impose lockdowns are bending the curve down as much as those that did.
It is more than likely the case that the first infections occurred weeks or even months before the first one was reported. California for instance has such a low death rate because the population built up a herd immunity early and that quelled the spread of infection – just as that is the case every year with your garden variety influenza. But Drs. Fauci and Birx, as well as the Democrat-Media Complex will have none of it. They believe in science and technocracy to such an extent that they willingly toss aside all reason and ethics in order to protect a fellow true believer. Now throw in the political angle to this and it’s cargo cult science in service to an all-powerful State. And the apostates will kneel before it and them.
The latest stats as of this morning are 469,121 cases, 17,820 deaths and 16,234 recovered in the USA, out of a total population of 320 million. There’s also the matter of Dr. Birx herself confirming the counting of deaths due to the Chinese Lung Rot in people who were infected but died of other causes. That’s not a conspiracy theory; it’s data manipulation. And with Fauci now bringing Ferguson’s pulled-out-of-his-ass fictional estimate of 2 million US deaths down to about 60,000 in just 10 days, we’re looking at what will ultimately turn out to be a more lethal than usual flu season. And that assumes that the death toll even makes it that high. Maybe if we wait another 10 days, the estimate will go down to 30,000 – while the Dow Jones goes down to 10,000.
But still they persist in insisting we continue to stay locked down based on a model that is a complete fraud and ignoring the actual science of viral infection, even one that can be as nasty as this one yet is still not the extinction-level Andromeda strain that it’s being pimped as. That leaves the ball in President Trump’s court. For two months, we’ve watched helplessly as the Superman economy got a surprise kryptonite enema and fell from the top of the Daily Planet and splatter on the pavement. Trump and team continue, at least outwardly, to defer to the “experts” for when they will give the all clear to restart the economy. Fauci is now devolving into General Jack D. Ripper territory with purity of essence madness about how we should never be allowed to shake hands again, while evil Leftist bastards like Ezekiel Emanuel want a total shutdown for upwards of 18 months, just to be sure. That is, be sure the US economy is destroyed and the population screams for Democrat Party dictatorship.
Again, I don’t want to ignore the fact that even a single person who suffers from this or Lord forbid dies of it is truly a tragedy, and one that the People’s Republic of China is responsible for. But as nasty as this bug may be, it simply does not rise to the danger level that warrants ruining the lives of 320 million people and putting us on a very dangerous course politically. I know that the Democrat states for sure will not comply with it, but Trump needs to announce his recommendation that the lockdowns should be lifted, and except for those already sickened, the elderly or the chronically ill with compromised lungs and immune systems, and the social distancing ended.
Enough is enough.
CHINESE CORONAVIRUS, FICTIONS AND FACTS
More on the specious modeling, Rush explodes on Fauci, anyone who challenges the lies will be labeled a conspiracy nutter, Larry Elder echoes my sentiments, when even I agree with Ron Paul you know…, Nipsy Cuomo with good news out of New York, CDC looking to lift some rules, regulations stifle innovation, and even Lefty site Snopes debunks the Trump HCQ libel.
- Maybe There’s a Reason Why Dire Projections About Chinese COVID-19 Have Been Wrong (Neil Ferguson borrowed someone’s hockey schtick – jjs)
- “Why Have We Shut Down the Country?” Ex-New York Times Reporter Challenges the Dire Chinese Coronavirus Models
- Dr. Fauci Cuts Chinese COVID-19 Death Projection Almost in Half From Just 10 Days Ago (shit-can this quack and end this farce – jjs)
- “Hillary Clinton Sympathizers”: Rush Limbaugh Explodes on Fauci Over Chinese Coronavirus Press Briefings
- Deep State Doctor Anthony Fauci
- Infection Model Criticisms Painted as “Conspiracy Theories”
- Elder: The Medical Advice Trump Received Was Contradictory, Inconsistent… And Wrong
- Former Rep. Ron Paul Calls on Trump to Fire Dr. Fauci, Says Some Are Trying “To Have Total Control Over the People”
- Fauci: I Don’t Think People Should Shake Hands “Ever Again” (does he save his urine and fingernails like Howard Hughes? – jjs)
- Nipsy Cuomo Says New York’s Hospitalization Rate, ICU Admissions Down: “We Are Flattening the Curve” (unexpectedly – jjs)
- Despite Media Criticism, States with No Stay-at-Home Orders Are Also Bending the Curve Down
- Chinese Coronavirus Task Force Drills Down on Actual County, Metro Data as Models Lose Credibility
- CDC Says Essential Employees Can Return to Work After Chinese Coronavirus Exposure If They Follow New Guidelines (what about the rest of us? – jjs)
- More Medical Innovation, Less Regulation
- Medical Advances Minus the Full Research Apparatus
- Left-Wing Snopes Gives “Mostly False” Rating to Claim That Trump Could Financially Benefit From Hydroxychloroquine
ECONOMIC IMPACT OF THE LUNG MARCH
Senate Democrats doing what Democrats do and playing politics with people’s lives, Doug Jones will hopefully be one and done and Alabama never to repeat that mistake, will Tom Massie go thumbs down again, Ohioans and Knox County, TN have had enough, Heritage has a plan to reopen America, Florida reports mountains of food rotting as restaurants rot along with them, WalMart and Costco ordered to not sell non-essential products (where in the Constitution is that permitted?), Bill Gates and Zeke Emanuelle disgust me, Lori Lightweight issues last call for Chicago, a call to suspend mortgage payments, what to do with your 401-K, and Victor Davis Hanson has had enough as well.
- Senate Dems Block Emergency Relief for Small Businesses
- Doug Jones Slams Cocaine Mitch for Pushing for Additional $250 Billion in Small Business Funding – “A Political Stunt”
- The Congressman from “No” Threatens to Force a Vote on Small Business Stimulus Bill
- Protesters Demand Ohio Gov. DeWine Lift “Stay-at-Home” Order
- Knox County, TN Mayor Slams Statewide Stay-At-Home Order
- Heritage Chinese Coronavirus Commission Releases 5-Step Plan to Reopen America
- Florida: Mountains of Unsold Vegetables “Rot in the Sun” Due to Restaurant Closures
- Walmart, Costco, Other Big Box Stores Barred From Selling “Non-Essential” Products in Some Parts of US (what politburo determined that?! – jjs)
- Bill Gates Pessimistic on Schools Reopening, Economic Outlook (defeatist Chi-Com stooge – jjs)
- WHO Advisor Zeke Emanuel Urges Feds to Bar Restaurant Dining, Concerts, Religious Services for at Least 18 Months (bar Leftists from voting for at least 18 centuries – jjs)
- Ezekiel Emanuel vs. Ezekiel Emanuel on Chinese COVID-19
- World’s Worst Mayor Slaps 9 PM Curfew on Chicago Liquor Sales for No Reason
- Pressing Pause on Mortgage Payments
- What Do You Do With Your 401(k) During the Chinese COVID-19 Crisis (wipe your ass with it, but we all have plenty of toilet paper now – jjs)
- V.D. Hanson: Is America a Roaring Giant or a Crying Baby?
- A Wartime President
POLITICS, 2020 ELECTION
Trump super-PAC goes on a spending spree, Kommie Kidz order Biden campaign to comply, Biden really doesn’t need his arm twisted, Carville with the comedy gold, Jill Stein calling for a prog split from the Democrats (oh boy!), dog-eating shit Midas set to pimp for Biden, and Coonman sabotages the Virginia vote. I really hate that guy.
- Pro-Trump Super PAC More Than Triples Swing State Spending After Sanders Drops Out of Democrat Primary
- Progressive Youth Groups Issue List of Demands to the Joe Biden Campaign (waste of time, he’s a “moderate” [sarc] – jjs)
- Don’t Believe The Hype: It Was Bernie Who Beat Biden
- Comedy Gold! Carville Predicts Biden “Wipeout” Victory; “People Are Not Going to Vote for Four More Years of This” (of the past two months of Democrat economic murder, I agree – jjs)
- Jill Stein Encourages Followers to Leave Democrat Party After Bernie Drops Out,and Dems are Melting Down (should I tell Carville? – jjs)
- Democrats Prepare for Obama to Take Active Role in 2020 Election
- Governor Lawnjockey Babycrusher Postpones June Primary; Urges Lawmakers to Move May Election to November
SHAMPEACHMENT, CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION,
AG Barr is not letting Oriental Lung Gleet bar him from perhaps going after Comey as well as defending the Atkinson firing, and George Papadopoulos with a smoking gun on Stephen Halper.
- AG Barr Puts Comey On Notice, Accuses FBI of “Sabotaging Presidency, Greatest Travesty in US History”
- AG Barr: Trump “Did the Right Thing in Removing Atkinson”
- “Crossfire Typhoon”: 171-Page Transcript of Ex-Trump Aide Papadopoulos’ Secret Conversation With FBI Informant
CIVIL WAR 2.0
Tell me again how Leftists are all about peace, love, understanding, inclusion and tolerance.
- Democrat Tom Malinowski Jokes about Withholding Chinese Coronavirus Disinfectant from Kentuckians
- Woman Who Claims to Be a Nurse Threatens to Withhold a Ventilator From Trump Supporters
DEMOCRAT-LEFTIST SCANDALS, CRIMES, CHUTZ-POCRISY, MESHUGAS
Steve Sisolak is repulsive.
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER CRISIS, BORDER SECURITY
Don’t be scared; they’re talking about legal trade and commerce.
- “The Border Is Not Shut Down”: Billions In Cross-Border Trade Happening Every Day During Chinese Coronavirus Pandemic
FIRST AMENDMENT, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER BIG TECH
CNN does what it does best; lie and shill for commies foreign and domestic, Comcast should be investigated, if not shuttered and its assets confiscated, Brit science rag goes down on Chinese wang, Mollie Hemingway eviscerates Cuck Todd, two examples of egregious religious liberty violations and AG Barr with a warning on that.
- CNN Changes Headline About Democrats Blocking Chinese Coronavirus Aid For Small Businesses To Divert Blame
- Democrats Opt for Blackmail Over Small Business Money – And the Media Covers for Them
- Husky Lipid Stelter Suggests Networks Air Trump’s Chinese Coronavirus Briefings on Delay for Fact Checking
- Comcast’s Business Dealings in China Might Influence Chinese Coronavirus Coverage
- Scientific Journal Apologizes For “Erroneously” Associating Chinese Coronavirus With China
- Hemingway: Chuck Todd is Wrong (Again) – There Are Huge Downsides to the Media Being Overly Alarmist
- Police Slap Christians With $500 Fines for Attending Drive-In Worship Service
- Virginia Pastor Could Spend Year in Jail for Having 16 in 300-Person Church on Palm Sunday
- AG William Barr: Any Time Government Encroaches on Religious Liberty, “I’m Very, Very Concerned”
Good news from Alaska, and the baby butchers retreat. For now.
- Governor of Alaska Bans Abortions During Coronavirus
- Abortion Clinics Back Off Supreme Court Challenge to Pandemic-Related Restrictions
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
Several links about the WHO in the crosshairs, administration looks to cut Chi-Com cables, Japanese businesses now exiting China as well as ours, Gordon Chang calls for seizure of a cool trillion, will this episode be China’s doom, Italian PM thinks this is the end for the EU, State Dept. accuses Farsis of ramping up nuke production, BoJo out of the ICU, and Daniel Greenfield on Trump going after Maduro et al as narco terrorists.
- Report: Office of Management and Budget Working on Plan to Cut WHO Funding
- House Oversight Republicans Press WHO on Role In China’s Chinese “Coronavirus Propaganda Campaign”
- Why the World Health Organization is a Danger to Public Health
- WHO Head Cries Racism After Being Ripped for Enabling China’s Chinese Coronavirus Lies
- Trump Admin Moves to Revoke China’s Authority to Provide Telecom Service in US
- It Begins: Japan Budgets to Help Firms Pull Manufacturing Out of China (all countries need to do this – jjs)
- Report Says American Companies Leaving China En Masse; Chinese Coronavirus Speeding the Exit
- Gordon Chang: Seize China’s US Treasury Holdings in Conjunction with Allies
- Will the Chinese Coronavirus Pandemic Derail China’s Global Ambitions?
- European Disunion: Italy’s PM Says “Risk is Real” the Chinese Coronavirus Could Break Up the EU
- State Dept. Accuses Iran of “Nuclear Extortion” as Tehran Amps Up Uranium Enrichment
- UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson Released from Intensive Care
- Greenfield: President Trump Goes After the Socialist Drug Pirates of the Caribbean
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
AG Barr on our greatest threat.
- AG William Barr: China Far Bigger Threat Than Russia, “One of Our Highest Priorities” in Counterintelligence
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE BUREAUCRACY, WASTE, FRAUD, ABUSE
Never letting a crisis go to waste…
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
Tick-tock-tick-tock, ya don’t stop…
- Federal Debt Tops $24 Trillion for First Time; GAO: “The Current Federal Fiscal Path is Unsustainable”
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
This is the NFL, Washington crooks protest behind bars, California slag pinched for licking food, and we really need to let the crooks out, don’t we?
- Report: : Former NFL Star Chris Johnson Accused of Playing Role in 2016 Murders; Calls Allegations “False”
- Chinese Virus Sparks Over 100 Inmates to Stage Protest in Washington Prison
- California Woman Arrested for Licking $1,800 Worth of Groceries
- Violent Felon Released From Rikers Island Over Chinese Coronavirus, Was Just Arrested Again.
This farce is more cruel than the virus.
I hope the teachers unions go out of business, words of wisdom from a very wise man, and the Chi-Com Lung AIDS exposes the higher ed fraud.
- Teacher Offers Chinese COVID Patients Money to Cough on President Trump
- C. S. Lewis’ Advice to Students During a Pandemic Will Do All Our Souls Good Right Now
- Chinese Pandemic Waste in Higher Education
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
Psycho luddites have to psycho.
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
Psycho feminazi has to Nazi.
CULTURE WARS, HITHER & YON
Roger Goodell with a hopeful note, not that anyone should watch that dreck ever again, celebs pimping for anti-American Chi-Com front group, Walter Williams on the race hustle, Christian Toto with a thumbs up on a new kid movie, the power of Christ compels you – literally, Francis the Talking Pope vs. Mike Lindell (no contest), a search for G-d in these troubled times, and finally Passover in time of another plague.
And a blessed Good Friday and Easter to all our Gentile friends, especially those who are persecuted both at home and abroad.
- Roger Goodell: “The NFL Is Planning to Play”
- Celebrities Organize Major Benefit For China-Complicit WHO
- Williams: Manipulation Through Racial Hoaxes
- Toto: Trolls World Tour Sings a Song Hollywood Should Heed
- Archbishop Calls All Clergy to Recite Leo XIII’s 136 Year-Old Exorcism Prayer at 3:00PM on Holy Saturday
- Cheering Section
- Pope Francis and Mike Lindell: Two Men of Faith Confront the Chinese Pandemic
- Where Is G-d in the Chinese Coronavirus Crisis?
- Celebrating the Holiday of Freedom
NOTE: The opinions expressed in some links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.