Good morning, kids. Today is Memorial Day. Now more than ever, remember those who gave their lives so that we may be free. I’ll have another thread later in the day devoted to reflection and remembrance, but for now the beat goes on.
Monday, and another grim milestone of yet another day of America held hostage. As more real numbers and real evidence continue to show that the biological nature of the Beijing Blight – deadly as it was to some – did not warrant the strangulation of the American economy, the Democrat-Media Complex is now in a full-court press to smear, ridicule and otherwise dismiss said evidence and tighten the shackles. The goal is evident: destroy the economy to destroy the President’s chances for re-election, and failing that, ram through a national vote-by-mail scheme as a backup plan to achieve the same result.
It’s now evident that states and cities that either re-opened a few weeks back or, like Arkansas and South Dakota, never shut down in the first place did not experience the wave of mass death the Democrats predicted. The other big misfire in terms of public opinion is the citizens held hostage in blue state America are venting their anger, not so much at Trump but at the capriciousness and deadly incompetence of their own political leaders. It would be foolish in the extreme to predict that there will be a massive revolt come November; Trump Derangement Syndrome is mighty hard to overcome. But perhaps the anger and frustration of Democrat stalwarts like New York Congressman Max Rose not at Trump but at leaders in his own party cannot be discounted as a one-off:
…[Reacting] to de Blasio’s announcement that any sort of reopening won’t happen until June, Rose compared the NYC mayor’s comments to those of “an elitist dilettante” who “does not understand the struggles of small business owners…”
Pointing out the irony of shoppers being allowed to visit large retailers but not small businesses, Rose speculated that, while de Blasio is likely looking at hospitalization numbers, he isn’t paying attention to “the potential for a continued economic nuclear bomb to go off each and every week in New York City as our small businesses, our mom and pops die…”
The emphasis in that quote is mine, and it perfectly defines the Left’s attitude towards private enterprise, the free market and the effects of big government bureaucracy that has been crushing the life out of small business owners for decades. The question is, will Rose and those like him ever put two and two together? Some do, many more don’t. But perhaps there are silver linings to this self-imposed catastrophe. As I said, it’s the citizens under the Democrat jackboot that are feeling put-upon as goalposts keep shifting and their lives and livelihoods, such as they were permitted to have in the cities and states they live, evaporate before their eyes. A not insignificant number are using this situation to depart for greener, that is “redder” pastures. We shall see if they bring their voting habits with them (sadly, a fair bet). Looking to November, the estimable Roger Kimball has this prognostication:
…Back in March, before the destruction of more than 30 million jobs and tens of thousands of shuttered businesses, before the missed graduations, and soaring suicide and drug-addiction rates, I wondered when it would be that people would cotton on to the fact that the real crisis here was not the disease but our politician-and-media fired panic over the disease?
For the past two months, the country has been on a moral bender, intoxicated by fear and panic. As with most benders, the aftermath will be painful. But the symptoms this time will not be nausea and headache but shame at our credulousness and rage against those who exploited it. Rage. Look for it in a neighborhood near you in the coming weeks and polling stations across the country in November.
Lift the lockdowns. Liberate America.
STRUGGLE FOR LOCKDOWN LIBERATION
- Democrat New York Congressman Max Rose Rips DeBolshevik For Continued Lockdown: “An Elitist Dilettante”
- Gov. Mammy McMengele Caught Without a Mask at Virginia Beach
- Victory for Civil Disobedience: Minn. Gov. Loosens Church Restrictions After Catholics, Lutherans Unite
- Kimball: Rage and Recriminations in the Wake of Chinese COVID-19
- Still More Evidence That Lockdowns Were a Massive Waste of Time, Money, and Lives
- The Most Absurd Lockdown Recommendation Based on Chinese COVID-19 Models Yet
CHINESE CORONAVIRUS, FICTIONS AND FACTS
Rabbi Fischer wants Angel-of-Death Cuomo to apologize for killing 10,000 elderly people, Oxford epidemiologist is going to be ignored or failing that ridiculed/threatened into silence, as Sino Sinus Syphilis rages in Rio, Trump institutes travel ban on Brazil, all the predictions were wrong but Californians are offing themselves at an alarming rate, the theory that Peking Pox came from a lab is quite likely, CDC warning of rodent infestation because restaurants are shut, Brooklyn field hospital cost $21 million and treated ZERO patients – yay government!, another example of government regulation that made things worse, socially distanced funerals increase the suffering, Cookie Milano doubles down on her cluelessness, and finally, more on the silver linings: “Our world has indeed changed forever, but it needn’t be for the worse. It took a global pandemic, but we now have a clear framework for restoring American society.”
- Rabbi Fischer: Where Is Angel-of-Death Cuomo’s Apology for Killing 10,000 People?
- Death, Politics and the Nursing Homes
- Oxford Epidemiologist on Chinese COVID-19 Lockdowns: “We Might Have Done Better by Doing Nothing at All”
- President Trump Bans Travel From Brazil to US Over Exploding Chinese Coronavirus
- The Human Network
- Wuhan Virus Watch: All the Catastrophic Predictions About Reopening Georgia, Florida, and Texas Were Spectacularly Wrong
- California Doctors Saw “A Year’s Worth of Suicides” Last Month Amid Chinese Coronavirus Lockdown
- Top Vaccine Scientist On Chinese Coronavirus: “No One Can Say a Laboratory Leak is Not a Possibility”
- $21 Million Brooklyn Field Hospital Closes After Treating Zero Patients
- More Good News on the Wuhan Flu Front
- Arkansas Gov: “We Have To Manage the Risk” With Chinese COVID-19, Like “Wearing a Seatbelt” While Driving
- Save the Rats! CDC Warns of Rat Population Spiking During Restaurant Lockdowns
- The Unknown Healthcare Law That Made Lockdowns Inevitable: “Certificates of Need”
- “Socially Distanced” Funerals Inflict Even More Suffering on the Bereaved
- Cookie Milano Defends Wearing “Totally Safe” Crocheted Mask Following Backlash
- Chinese Coronavirus Blessings in Disguise
ECONOMIC IMPACT OF THE LUNG MARCH
Econ adviser Kevin Hassett with a gloomy prediction that’s perfectly timed, more on the My-Pillowing of the economy, old time Utah saloon weathers the storm, and yet another silver lining with a poll that bodes well for Trump and Trumpism.
- White House Economic Adviser Hassett: We Could See an Unemployment Rate “North of 20%” By Election
- This Quarantine Will Ruin the Economy, Not Save Lives
- The Deeply American Reason the Oldest Saloon West of the Mississippi Won’t Have to Shut Down Forever
- Billingsley: Porklosi
- Poll: Up to 94% of Americans Want Economic Nationalist Overhaul in Wake of Chinese Coronavirus Crisis
JOE BIDEN RAPE ACCUSATION
Whether or not Reade’s story is falling apart, the Left will use it as an excuse to shuck, jive and cover what they did to Justice Kavanaugh, but Bro-Fo Omar/Nur is in Reade’s corner, apparently.
- Tara Reade’s Diminishing Credibility Doesn’t Excuse the Left’s Kavanaugh Hypocrisy
- Bro-Fo Omar/Nur Believes Joe Biden Accuser Tara Reade: “Justice Should Never Be Denied”
SHAMPEACHMENT, CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION,
Richard Grenell like a dog with a bone, “by the book” sedition, Obamagate and the attempted stealing of a presidency, the Left’s hoped for mass fishing expedition,
and finally, “when a majority of Americans finally realizes what was really happening in 2016 and 2017, do you really think they’ll give Joe Biden power?”
- “Those Are Coming”: Grenell Says He Is Working To Declassify More Flynn Documents
- The Flynn Frame-Up: Everything Was Done by the Book
- Obamagate: Of Course It Comes Back to Obama’s Narcissism
- The Pandora’s Box Opened with the Release of Trump’s Tax Returns
- The Black Swan of 2020
DEMOCRAT-LEFTIST SCANDALS, CRIMES, CHUTZ-POCRISY, MESHUGAS
Elizabeth Wan’s phoniness on fundraising as transparent as her pigmentation.
POLITICS, 2020 ELECTION
Biden stepped in it and the Dems are fetchin’ it. Joey Sex-Knuckles is now trying to walk it back, two who definitely “ain’t black” by leftist standards slam paste-eating girl-groper, NAACP not so hot on old Joe, yet Sheila Jackass Lee comes to his defense and Val Demings, a dark horse (racist!) contender for veep rips the Trump campaign for its new t-shirts, Lloyd Billingsley delves into the kerfluffle, and Ken Blackwell on Biden’s words revealing so much about his record on race as well as his party’s.
Elsewhere, PDT is dead right that the Dems are using the Chinese Coronavirus situation as cover to steal the 2020 elections, CA Republicans sue to try and halt Noose-’em’s efforts on that front, Democrats will kill America to capture it, Michael Tomasky projects, Pennsylvania seen as an electoral “nightmare,” if Trump can break us out, the election is his, this Charlamagne dude who is a supposed barometer of black America sez if Biden taps Amy Klownbuchar, it’s “voter depression,” reading the tea leaves on the GOP retaking the House, ripping the GOP-e for throwing Steve King under the train, and lastly Allen West thanks G-d for surviving a weekend motorcycle accident. Amen.
- Biden Walks Back “Ain’t Black” Comment: “I Shouldn’t Have Been Such a Wise Guy”
- Senator Tim Scott, HUD Secretary Ben Carson Slam Joe Biden
- NAACP Denies Biden Claim it Endorsed Him “Every Single Time”
- Democrat Sheila Jackass Lee Claims That Biden Did Not Really Make Bigoted “You Ain’t Black” Remark
- Val Demings, Biden VP Contender, Blasts Trump For Selling “You Ain’t Black” T-Shirts
- Billingsley: Who “Ain’t Black?”
- Joe Biden’s Words – and Actions – Cut Deep
- President Trump: Democrats Trying to Exploit Chinese Coronavirus for Vote-by-Mail “Scam”
- Republicans Sue to Stop Noose-’em’s “Brazen Power Grab” Over California Elections
- Clinton Hack-in-Black Judge Strikes Down Most Curbs on Florida Felons Voting
- Democrats Will Sacrifice America to Win a Presidency
- Key Swing State Warns That the Presidential Election Will Be a “Nightmare”
- Michael Tomasky Lists Five Ways He Fears Trump Could “Steal” the Election, or Something
- Trump’s Narrow Comeback Hope: Make America Free Again
- Charlamagne tha Gd: Klownbuchar V.P. Pick Would Cause “Voter Depression”
- Can Republicans Win the House in November?
- The GOP’s Unholy Assault on Iowa’s Steve King
- Allen West: “I Am Alive by the Grace of G-d” Following Motorcycle Accident
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
Yes, let’s keep bringing more of them in to prove we’re not racist Islamophobes, and another representative of the spark-of-divinity crowd. Feh.
- Report: Texas Naval Base Jihadi Secured US Citizenship Despite Living in Syria
- Florida: Illegal Alien Charged with 100 Counts of Possessing Child Porn
FIRST AMENDMENT, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER BIG TECH
Ninth Circus sides with Noose-’em in trashing religious freedom, XiNN tries covering for Joey Sex-Knuckles racism but BET founder demands Biden apologize from now until November, media ignores CDC’s news that the Chinese Lung AIDS death rate is low, Daniel Greenfield with the reason why, Jonah the whale blubbers garbage about Kayleigh McEnany, NY Slimes slimes our wonderful military and puts a murder victim in its tasteless list of the virus dead, Trump considers formal panel to investigate Big Brother Tech anti-conservative bias/censorship, crooked, murderous shyster Andrew Weissmann forced to ankle MSNBC gig for hosting Biden shindig, how the media lies to keep us repressed, and Victor Davis Hanson posits “When knowledge, wisdom, independent thought, even basic competence were no longer requisites for success, then the media naturally slid into mediocrity, and mastered networking and obsequiousness instead of valuing independence.”
- 9th Circus Rejects Lawsuit Accusing Noose-’em of Violating Religious Freedom
- Cover-up News Network: XiNN Buries and Whatabouts Biden’s “You Ain’t Black” Taunt
- Black Entertainment TV Founder Says Biden Should Spend the Rest of Campaign Apologizing
- CDC Confirms Remarkably Low Chinese Coronavirus Death Rate – Where is the Media?
- Greenfield: The Media Wants America to Stay Closed Forever
- Bloated, Pasty Plagiarist Jonah Goldberg: Kayleigh McEnany’s Work as Press Secretary “Indefensible and Grotesque,””A Twitter Troll”
- New York Times on Memorial Day Weekend: “Why Does the US Military Celebrate White Supremacy”
- The New York Times Disrespects Both Our War Dead and the Wuhan Virus Dead
- NY Tines Issues Correction After Chinese Coronavirus Death List Includes Suspected Homicide Victim
- Trump Considering Forming Panel To Review Anti-Conservative Bias In Big Tech: Report
- Traitorous Shyster Andrew Weissmann to Part Ways With MSNBC Over Biden Fundraiser
- Misinformation, Disinformation, and Lies
- V.D. Hanson: The Doctrine of Media Untruth
Another couple of silver linings thanks to the General Tso’s Sicken.
- First-Time Gun Buyers Explain How Chinese Coronavirus Changed Their Politics
- US Gun Sights Maker Re-Engineers Factory to Supply Elite Military During Pandemic
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
Chi-Coms cracking down hard on the Hong Kong freedom movement, regime stooge risibly warns US about pushing for a new cold war, PLA forces cross border into India (uh oh), reports of Chi-Coms bolstering spy ops on the Dark Continent, Dems rush to defense… of America’s #1 enemy, NSA warns of Chi-Coms potentially stealing a US-developed vaccine; meh, they steal everything not nailed down, Teh Ted with mic-drop on Chi-Coms over Taiwan, while we’re distracted with the Chinese the Farsis and Venezuela are provoking an incident in the Caribbean, and three links on Israel, two regarding the Chinese Lung AIDS situation and Caroline Glick warning about law-fare to undermine Israeli sovereignty in Judea and Samaria, aka “the West Bank.”
- China Moves to Criminalize Dissent, “Sedition” In Hong Kong; Hong Kong Fights Back
- Hong Kong, Chinese Coronavirus, and the Specter of Tiananmen
- Hong Kong Protesters Tear Gassed, Blasted with Water Cannons
- Chi-Com Foreign Minister Accuses US “Political Forces” of “Pushing Our Two Countries to the Brink of a New Cold War”
- Chinese Troops Cross Into India, Fortify Positions
- Will It Be War? Venezuela Escorts Iranian Tankers in “American Lake”; US Considers a Strike
- New Report Reveals China’s Massive Surveillance Build-Up in Africa
- VP Mike Pence on Chinese Coronavirus: “China Let the World Down”
- Dems Block China Investigation Even After Communist Regime Threatens US Senators by Name
- China Warns US: “Appreciate Great Sensitivity” of Taiwan Question – Ted Cruz: “Appreciate the Great Sensitivity of 343,000 People Dead”
- National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien “Wouldn’t Be Surprised” If China Steals US Chinese Coronavirus Vaccine
- Hopkins: 5 Things I’ve Learned From Chinese COVID-19
- Inside Israel’s War on the Chinese Coronavirus
- Can Israel Profit from China’s Past Errors? (meh, too much worldwide Joo-hate to overcome – jjs)
- Glick: The “Legal” Landmine on the Road to Israeli Sovereignty
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
Dissolve the FBI.
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE BUREAUCRACY, WASTE, FRAUD, ABUSE
When he’s not forcibly finger-banging aides, sniffing the hair of teenyboppers or extorting Ukraine over a billion dollars in aid to not prosecute his son for corruption, he’s consorting with Marxists to craft an economic plan. He ain’t black, but he is bleak.
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
Another call to leave patent laws alone.
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
The grim milestones the media will never cover, the madness of emptying the prisons and Daniel Greenfield on how Trump gets blamed for black on Asian violence during the time of forced Democrat lockdowns and economic destruction.
- At Least 17 Shot in 12 Hours in Democrat-Controlled St. Louis
- Four Shot Dead, 11 Injured During First 36 Hours of Memorial Weekend in Chicago
- 67,000 Criminals Released So Far Under Chinese Coronavirus Jailbreak… And Crime Keeps Rising
- Greenfield: Dems Blame Trump for Anti-Asian Hate Crimes by Minorities
Elizabeth Hekawi with a hail Mary pass at the veep slot, and all she had to do was zip her lip on a leftist wet dream, will the constituents of an SEIU bigwig thug open their eyes? I doubt it. Lastly, the other Chi-Com plague that has killed far more than any virus.
- In Bid for VP Spot, Elizabeth Hekawi Drops Medicare for All
- If Only 1199 SEIU Union Members Really Knew (or gave a damn – jjs)
- When Chinese Coronavirus Pandemic Passes, We’ll Still Face the Opioid Epidemic
We were better off when the CDC was just concerned with bullying and lesbian obesity, and the abject, costly failure of government-run education.
- Kids and Teachers Are All Going to Need Therapy if Schools Follow the CDC’s Recommendations for Classrooms
- Big City Schools: Where America’s Most Vulnerable Kids Languish
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
Forget Biden; Dana Nessel has the intellectual agility of a haploid bivalve.
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
Our intrepid science reporter with another Martian geological chronicle, and all systems go for a Space-X launch.
- More Pits Found on Mars
- “A New Era of Human Exploration” Begins as NASA, Space-X Prep For Historic Launch
CULTURE WARS, HITHER & YON
Christian Toto on this Jordan Klepper being a complete fool; and yet people look at The Daily Show for news. Also, ” Scott Beauchamp’s recent essay collection, Did You Kill Anyone? attempts to reconcile the experience of soldiers in a culture that no longer understands the value and values of military service,” the 80th anniversary of Winston Churchill becoming PM when England stood alone, and a moving memoir of a 95-year-old veteran who lived through hell.
- Toto: Anti-Science Daily Show Shames Lockdown Protesters
- How to Make Sense of Military Service in a Culture That No Longer Understands It
- Codevilla: The Original Fascist – From Movement to Epithet
- When Winston Churchill Became Essential 80 Years Ago
- 95-Year-Old World War II Paratrooper Captured By Nazis Describes His Harrowing Experience In New Memoir
Several fine links about Memorial Day. The titles speak for themselves.
- Memorial Day: Thousands of Musicians to Participate in “Taps Across America”
- Memorial Day Flashback: Dan Crenshaw Remembers His Fallen Brothers In Powerful Tribute
- The Tradition Goes On
- A Star-Studded Masterpiece Movie to Remember the Fallen This Memorial Day
- Memorial Day: Connecting the Past with the Present
- Reflections on Memorial Day 2020
NOTE: The opinions expressed in some links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.