Good morning, kids. Wednesday, and the descent into madness continues inexorably on towards our rendezvous with destiny this November 3rd. The big news item breaking yesterday was the New York City Council voting to cut $1 billion from the NYPD during a vote on the city’s budget. The vote came as thugs, imbeciles and other assorted vermin surrounded City Hall, hurling epithets and violent taunts to the beleaguered cops protecting the equally vile politicians from, well, I’m not sure really. They both are seeking the same goal: create paradise on earth by first creating hell on earth in what was the once the world’s most iconic city. Insult meet injury. Frankly, I’m surprised the cops didn’t just walk away, let alone even show up for that assignment in the first place.
Much as I utterly loathe everything about Bill DeBolshevik, somewhere in that Marxist-addled pea-brain of his, he does have at least enough of a rudimentary understanding of what will happen to the golden goose that was the Big Apple if the NYPD were entirely abolished. And while $1 billion dollars taken from the effort to keep at least an illusion of order in a city that’s been under siege since he took office is still a major hit, it could have been much worse.
…The effects will include, in part, reducing overtime by $352 million and trimming the size of the police force by 1,163 cops, which de Blasio insisted would not decrease public safety despite a recent surge in shootings.
A large chunk of the NYPD cuts — $349.5 million — was realized by transferring the department’s school safety and crossing guard functions to other city agencies…
And speaking of pea-brains (and that’s being generous), Donkey-Chompers AOC, who we are told is a soooper-gee-nee-us because of her economics degree from Boston University, looked on the cut as merely cooking the books.
…”Defunding police means defunding police. It does not mean budget tricks or funny math.”
“It does not mean moving school police officers from the NYPD budget to the Department of Education’s budget so the exact same police remain in schools,” Ocasio-Cortez continued, according to the New York Post. She added, “It does not mean counting cuts in overtime as cuts, even as NYPD ignores every attempt by City Council to curb overtime spending and overspends on overtime anyways. If these reports are accurate, then these proposed “cuts” to the NYPD budget are a disingenuous illusion. This is not a victory. The fight to defund policing continues…”
When even a fellow traveler like DeBolshevik stands in the way of “progress,” the knives come out. Yes indeed, to hell with keeping law and order and the citizenry safe, because keeping law and order and the citizenry safe is – wait for it – racist. This glittering jewel of abject ignorance, so “udderly” bereft of common sense let alone history as not told by Howard Zinn, is now at the forefront of the Democrat Party. The question is, are she and her ilk actually leading the transformation or is there someone or something else pulling her strings, much like Obama? And does that really matter anyway?
The other question is, the Democrat Party essentially created Donkey-Chompers and her ilk, but do they think that ultimately they can control them?
… Just as the naive fools in Germany did not realize that once they accepted Hitler into the political hierarchy the die was cast, neither have the naive fools among the Democrats’ establishment realized that once they allied themselves with the Marxists masquerading as democratic socialists and became willing apologists for their twin militant arms, Antifa and Black Lives Matter, that the die is cast. Whether the Democrat party succeeds or fails to win the White House in November, the elites have lost control of the party in perpetuity…
While that question has yet to be answered, I’m sure there are many here who are thinking, “Screw New York. They voted for this so let them get it good and hard.” Hell, I live here and although I didn’t vote for it, I’m thinking the same thing. Over the past month already, and beyond when you consider the insidious lockdowns over nothing more than a nasty virus, President Trump has walked a fine line between using the power of the Federal government to intervene, and thereby give the Left the ammo to call him a dictator, and letting the Democrats do nothing, and in some instances worse than nothing by joining in on the violence and mayhem. But at this stage, both the optics as well as the practical ramifications of letting New York and all the other major metropolitan areas disintegrate are yielding diminishing returns.
Right now, I’m vacillating between intervention and Let It Burn. The fact is, at least in New York’s case, this situation cannot go on. The economic damage, as well as the psychological and cultural damage would be incalculable. This city, and all the others, are still part of America. Or are they? Or to put it more bluntly does America even exist anymore? As Johnny Carson once quipped, “after you die, while your hair and fingernails continue to grow, phone calls gradually taper off.” Yes, there is this illusion, even in the midst of this nightmare, that we’re still here and still doing our daily routine as we always have, the lockdown bullshit notwithstanding. But everything, every part of our culture, every institution, everything that we do, say and feel that was always instinctive and ubiquitous is at best being questioned and at worst, attacked and dismantled.
I cannot tell the President what to do (as if he would even listen to me). But what I can say, and in fact am begging him to do, is to stand up and make some sort of direct, forthright and forceful address to acknowledge this conflagration. At the risk of invoking an ex-president that I now have very little regard for, the fact is Trump must tell the citizenry “you are either with America as founded, or you are with the terrorists.” That is the 2020 campaign. That is the war, because we are in a state of civil war, right here and right now. And it is not going to be limited to the blue states and cities. It is going to come to your doorstep. Maybe not in the form of a white soy-boy trust fund pantywaist barely able to hold a Molotov cocktail, but in the form of a bank denying you a loan because you own a gun. Or your business firing you because you refuse to take an anti-racism seminar and confess your guilt.
There are all kinds of fires, all kinds of terrorism and all kinds of revolutions. And here we are.
CIVIL WAR 2.0: LEFTIST REIGN OF TERROR, WAR ON POLICE
- “This doesn’t look like a protest to me no more… That just looks like they just took over and said we can take over whenever we want to.” Father of Black Teen Killed in CHOP: It’s Time to Bring In the National Guard
- “People can be heard shouting ‘Black Lives Matter’ later in the press conference while Best took questions from reporters. A loud siren-like sound went off at one point during the presser.” “Enough is Enough”: Seattle Police Chief Rips CHAZ, Gets Heckled at Press Conference
- “A group from the area tried to expand the zone Tuesday morning. Numerous altercations broke out among protesters and the morning ultimately ended with a standoff against police.” Protesters Expand “Occupy City Hall,” Descend Into Infighting and Stand Off With Police Hours Before NYPD Budget Vote
- “She was angry that her address, which is a secret because of her former job as a US Attorney, was revealed to protesters allowing them to scare her family.” Seattle Mayor Moves to Expel Wacky Socialist Councilwoman Who Led Protest to Her House
- “One man appeared in court today, but ‘was released on his own personal recognizance.'”Four Face Charges for Allegedly Trying to Topple Andrew Jackson Statue Near White House
- “For demonstrating an intent to defend his property and his wife against armed intruders, Mark McCloskey is turned into a white supremacist.” The Revolution Comes to Portland Place
- “Maybe because we’re not standing up to it.” Why is the Mob Winning?
- “President Trump can no longer wait, trim or equivocate. He needs to passionately and unapologetically denounce and reject the ongoing revolutionary condemnation of America, its history, principles and heroes.” Trump Can No Longer Wait to Act and Speak Decisively in Defense of The Goodness of America
- “The Democrat Party has morphed into the Deathocrat Party.” Attacks on Law Enforcement Are Attacks on America
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- RIP New York City, 1664 – 2020. NY City Council Passes $88.1 Billion Budget with $1 Billion in Cuts to NYPD
- Michael Goodwin: “The deal confirms that we are witnessing a dangerous moment in America. Just as New York led the nation in tackling crime 25 years ago, the folly of the nation’s biggest city cutting police spending during a crime wave will increase demands on any holdout cities to do at least as much.” Bill DeBolshevik Caves to Absurd “Defund the Police” Movement
- “These proposed ‘cuts’ to the NYPD budget are a disingenuous illusion. This is not a victory. The fight to defund policing continues.” Cutting $1 Billion from NYPD Budget Not Good Enough for Donkey Chompers AOC
- BLM will not be happy. Chicago Police Will Deploy 1,200 Extra Officers To Control Violence Over July 4th Weekend
- “Surprise searches jeopardize civilians and officers.” Want Police Reform? Start With No-Knock Warrants
- Lloyd Billingsley: “The Gene McDaniels principle on police shootings.” Compared to What?
- The idiots got what they wanted, good and hard. Tragic and hideous, if not completely predictable. Child Sexually Assaulted in Minneapolis Neighborhood Where Residents Boycotted the Police
- Comedy gold! I hope it was a Leftist. Arson Suspect Accidentally Sets Himself On Fire Outside Northeast Philadelphia Home
CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS, FACTS AND AMERICA IMPRISONED
- “We shouldn’t presume that a group of experts somehow knows what’s best for everyone.”“Fatal Conceit”: Rand Paul Snaps at Dr. Fauci During Senate Hearing
- Somebody shut this quack the hell up already. Fauci: Amid Chinese COVID-19 Pandemic, “We Need to Keep Our Eye On” a New Chinese Virus
- “The governor’s refusal to issue a sweeping, statewide mask mandate coincides with his initial approach to addressing the outbreak in his state months ago.” Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to Critics Demanding Mask Mandate: “We’re Not Going to Do that Statewide”
- “If you’re not going to stay home, and you’re not going to wear masks in public, we have to enforce, and we will.” Gavin Noose-’em Hints At Upcoming Chinese Coronavirus Restrictions
- “While facemasks can’t hurt in the fight against [Chinese] Covid-19, the outrage directed at skeptics is excessive.” Mask Wars
- Bob Zimmerman: “What has distressed me the most is the gutless response by the nation’s so-called conservative Republican politicians.” With Americans Under Attack, Where Are Trump and the Republicans
- “Closing businesses had no real impact on the spread of Chinese coronavirus. But there was a devastating impact on the economy.” Will Governors Make the Same Mistake Twice With Lockdowns?
SHAMPEACHMENT, CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- During that [Febuary 14, 2017] conversation, Trump indicated he hoped the Flynn investigation would end soon. Comey should have informed the president then and there that Flynn had been cleared. Instead, he documented the conversation and leaked it to the New York Times. Sidney Powell Drops a Bomb or Two on the Glaring Problems With the Flynn Case
DEMOCRAT-LEFTIST SCANDALS, CRIMES, CHUTZ-POCRISY, MESHUGAS
- “Shaun [Talcum X] King’s PAC gave $460,000 to consulting companies registered to PAC leaders. BLM Activists Are Funneling Donations Back to Their Own Companies, Documents Show
- Daniel Greenfield: “Hollywood and Biden are Made in China.” A Biden Donor Will Produce a Chinese Propaganda Movie About the Wuhan Virus
- “Montana Dem insisted Senate run wouldn’t compromise pandemic response.” Steve Bullock Joined Private PAC Fundraiser During Chinese Coronavirus Shutdown
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “BDS leaders endorse anti-Israel letter from the ‘Squad’.” Donkey-Chompers AOC Touts Support from Anti-Semitic Groups for Israel Letter
- “The outrage over statues and the ‘white’ depictions of Christ is meant to detract us from the real endgame: the ‘canceling’ of Christianity itself.” Why Rioters Will Eventually Turn Their Rage On Christianity If Not Stopped
POLITICS, 2020 ELECTION
- Listen, Fat. “All you’ve got to do is watch me, and I can hardly wait to compare my cognitive capability to the cognitive capability of the man I’m running against.” Joe Biden Claims, Without Evidence, He’s Taken Cognitive Function Test
- “What the Lincoln Project is doing is despicable. You can’t call yourself a Republican and work to flip the Senate to Democrats. And there are plenty of Republicans calling them out for it.” “Never-Trumpers” Now Targeting GOP Senators for Defeat
- “Rogue Republicans who think by electing Biden they can turn the GOP back to a pre-Trump orientation are exhibiting a blindness to how the world is evolving both at home and abroad.” Quisling Conservatives
- “It’s time for the conservative student organization to support its own party’s President.”The College Republican National Committee Continues Its Anti-Trump Crusade
- Jeffrey Lord: “The same tired critics and polls from 2016 resurface.” Let Trump Be Trump
- “Establishment Dem barely ekes out a win after outspending opponent 40:1.” McGrath Edges Out Booker In Kentucky Senate Primary
- Uh oh… Dems Flip KY State Senate Seat Held by GOP for 25 Years
- “Boebert is a 32-year-old gun-rights activist, the owner of the Garfield County Shooters Grill. Boebert has charged that Tipton has not successfully fought off leftist policies in Washington, DC.” Conservative Lauren Boebert Unseats Five-Term Republican Scott Tipton
- “[Hans] Von Spakovsky, a former commissioner for the Federal Election Commission (FEC), notes that absentee and mail-in ballots are the most prone to fraud or to being stolen, and that these voters are the most vulnerable to intimidation and pressure.” As States Consider Vote by Mail, Does Oregon’s System Stand Up to Scrutiny?
- “But voters overall were more concerned about being exposed to the coronavirus when voting in person.” (My G-d, it’s full of stupid – jjs) Hill-HarrisX Poll: 68% Concerned with Vote Tampering for Mail-In Ballots
- TuCa: “How did Peter Strzok’s text messages become more important than saving American jobs from foreign nationals who are taking them? It is lunacy. We fall for it every time.”Tucker Carlson Criticizes “Weak” Republicans in Time of Crisis — Accuses GOP Officials of Feeding Voters “Partisan Junk Food”
- “The nation is lost if the Democrats win in November, and so are the elites that have run the party for decades.” The Fatal Flaw in the Electoral Victory Plan of Democrat Elites
- “The die is cast; history’s verdict pends. President Trump will either be a dismal failure or a legendary leader.” What a Great Time to Be President!
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- The Trump campaign ads just record themselves. Biden Promises on Day One a “Roadmap For Citizenship for 11 Million Illegal Immigrants” and to Increase Taxes
FIRST AMENDMENT, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER BIG TECH
- “The selective leaking of any classified information disrupts the vital intelligence work to collect, assess, and mitigate threats and places our forces at risk. It is also, simply put, a crime.” US Intelligence Says Leak of Russian Bounty Story Was “A Crime,” Jeopardized Investigation
- “…Those definitive statements that Trump was directly briefed on the intelligence, and that U.S. officials had largely verified it, were gone from the Times’ follow-up piece on Monday.”With Follow-Up Report, NY Times Subtly Undercuts Key Aspects of Its Russia-Taliban Bounty Scoops
- Mollie Hemingway: “Watch nearly the entire corporate media establishment run wild with claims from completely anonymous sources in the intelligence community this week.” Media Are Playing Games Yet Again With Anonymous Russia Leaks
- “I think that, once again, the president has been cruelly treated by The New York Timesregarding Russia.” (when you’ve lost Jerry Rivers… – jjs) Geraldo: “Why Would Anybody Believe New York Times About Any Purported Connection Between Russia and Donald Trump?”
- “Amazon became the first of the Tech Giants to purposefully ban the President, citing ‘hateful conduct’ at his recent rally in Tulsa.” Jeff Bezos’ Streaming Service Twitch Bans Trump
- “Just as the Justice Department has gone all in to stop Google’s IP theft, they must do the same with Google’s search monopoly and other anti-competitive practices.” Will Justice Roberts and the Justice Department Go Kid Gloves Against Google?
- “Despite their roots in reality, there is no doubt that these crises — and the White House and Senate’s attempts to tackle them — would be reported differently if Hillary Clinton were president.” The Corporate Media Finally Have a Working Plan to Beat Trump
- “[Judge Hal] Greenwald ordered the publishing company to halt distributing the book until at least July 10 when the judge will hear oral arguments from both sides.” Judge Orders a Temporary Stay on Trump Tell-All Book
- “Facebook exec donated $75 million to hospital in 2015.” San Francisco Dem Wants Zuckerberg’s Name Removed from Hospital
- “Meanwhile, let’s keep pretending Antifa doesn’t exist.” The Hubbub About “The Boogaloo” Is the Worst Kind of Fake News
- “The footnote could spur other states to pass similar legislation to the contested Louisiana law, keeping abortion and Roe v. Wade in the national spotlight, these advocates suggest.”“A Chilling Sign”: Roberts’ Footnote In Pro-Abortion SCOTUS Victory Left Abortion Advocates Anxious
- “Any circumstance” also means months after Hunter’s bastard emerged, I assume. Joe Biden Endorses Abortion “Under Any Circumstance” in Statement After SCOTUS Ruling
- “Fetal organ procurement manager testifies that fetuses ‘just fall out,’ of women, and she has seen baby hearts beating while harvesting their organs.” Under Sworn Testimony, Planned Parenthood Officials Admit Infanticide Occurs in Organ Harvesting
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “Overnight, Beijing’s National Security Law will dismantle One Country, Two Systems and quash dissent through an extra-judicial cache of vague and draconian charges.” As Xi Jinping Signs Draconian National Security Law, New Cold War with China Looms, Warns Hong Kong Watch
- “[Rep Adam] Kinzinger’s resolution also demands that China be held accountable for ‘perpetrating such belligerent acts.'” House Dems Reject Resolution Condemning China for Chinese Coronavirus Cyberattacks
- “The city risks repeating Odessa’s past.” Hong Kong Thrives Only in Freedom
- Indian government: Chinese apps “harm India’s sovereignty as well as the privacy of our citizens.” India Bans TikTok, Other Chinese Apps Over Security Concerns
- “As the [Chinese] coronavirus death rate falls in the United States, infections and deaths are both rising in Mexico even as drug cartels target top government officials.” Mexico is Facing a Dual Crisis: Deadly Drug Cartels and a Deadly Pandemic
- “The cartels are getting bolder.” Big Assassination Attempt in Mexico City
- “Is it bad to think that that plasma donation should be obligatory from people who recover?”Argentina: Lawmaker Floats “Obligatory” Plasma Donations from Chinese Coronavirus Survivors
- “Liberals are constantly carping on the United States intervening in the internal affairs of other nations. But it’s OK for the left to do it because… well, just because.” Donkey-Chompers AOC Wants to Tie Israeli Aid to West Bank Annexation
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “We cannot and will not allow the Chinese Communist Party to exploit network vulnerabilities and compromise our critical communications infrastructure.” FCC Issues Final Orders Declaring Huawei, ZTE National Security Threats
- “The DOJ charged the man with conspiring to steal trade secrets from multiple American companies and hand them over ‘for the benefit of the Chinese government.'” Chinese Researcher Convicted of Spying on American Companies
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “The Dow ended the second quarter with a 17.8% gain, the biggest quarterly gain since 1987, S&P 500 is up nearly 20%, the best quarter since 1998, Nasdaq Composite is up 30.6%, the best quarter since 1999.” Stocks Rise At End of Best Quarter in Decades
- “Despite the opportunities offered by the new law, some patients are still struggling to get access to experimental drugs that are awaiting approval from the FDA that could improve their conditions.” Loopholes in Right-to-Try Law Still Prevent ALS Patients From Potential Life-Extending Drugs
- “The House speaker’s claim that the administration and Republicans are trying to take away health insurance during the [Chinese] coronavirus is just more lies.” Malig-Nancy Pelosi Fibs About the Supreme Court’s Coming Obamacare Case
- “Frustrated by bloat and bureaucracy, some doctors are creating their own free-market solutions.” A Bright Spot in Health Care
- “Chief Justice John Roberts delivered the decision for a 5-4 Court, over three dissents from the liberal justices.” Supreme Court Strengthens Right of Religious Schools to Public Funding
- “The male student, referred to as John Doe in court documents, just received a win from U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, which ruled Oberlin violated John’s rights by discriminating against him based on his sex.” Her Story Changed And Even Her Friend Said She Lied About Being Sexually Assaulted — He Was Expelled Anyway
- “Although American citizens of all races strongly dislike racial and sex preferences in college admissions, political and educational elites continue to shove race and sex quotas down the throats of citizens.” Universities Commit to Racism
- “Last week the American Academy of Pediatrics put out a statement ‘strongly’ advocating ‘that all policy considerations for the coming school year should start with a goal of having students physically present in school.'” Kids Lives Matter: Stop the National Chinese Coronavirus Child Abuse
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “A poll released in November 2019 found that less than a third of Americans believe biological males who identify as transgender should be allowed to compete on girls’ sports teams.” 14 States are Considering Transgender Athlete Bills
- “A new but growing genre of woke beach reads infuses the best-selling template of white-bread chick lit with the consciousness of social justice warriors.” Belittled Women: The Rise of White Guilt Chick Lit
- Margot Cleveland: “What Lambda portrays as discrimination based on gender identity is not sex discrimination under the reasoning of Bostock.” LGBT Lawyers Already Using Supreme Court Ruling to Demand Hysterectomies For Men (this used to be known simply as “divorce” – jjs)
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “What a pathetic answer from Adam Silver. I understand that there’s billions of dollars on the line when it comes to the NBA and China, but you just have to eventually draw a line in the sand.” Adam Silver Says He Hopes the NBA Can Find a “Mutual Respect” With China
- “The Obama administration declined to rename the bases when the issue came up in 2015, saying that the names ‘represent individuals, not causes or ideologies,’ and that the ‘naming occurred in the spirit of reconciliation, not division.'” Trump Vows to Veto Defense Bill if It Renames US Bases Named for Confederate Figures
- Don’t hold your breath waiting for the media to ask BLM Marxists their reaction. Biden Supports Removing Confederate Statues, But Wants to Keep Washington and Jefferson
- “The brave culture warriors who puff their chests over pro-life legislation are largely quiet when a country with more financial power over them than Georgia transgresses on a scale beyond any comparison.” Eager to Boycott Georgia, Hollywood’s Damning Silence on the Uighurs Goes From Bad to Worse
- “They’re not taught how to test things against facts; they’re just taught to repeat these slogans. And when you try to talk to them in terms of facts, they think that you’re trying to confuse them.” Former Marxist Thomas Sowell Tells Mark Levin How “Systemic Racism” Isn’t Backed by Facts
- “The signal of a turn toward totalitarianism.” Nihilism and Attacks on Monuments
- “[Crews] Tweets about equality, is lambasted for worrying about making ‘white people comfortable.” Actor Terry Crews Tweets: “We Must Ensure #blacklivesmatter Doesn’t Morph into #blacklivesbetter” — Receives Furious Responses
- “We came to understand that the way some, but not all, people are using the phrase ‘All Lives Matter’ in the current environment intentionally minimized the focus on the painful reality of racial inequity.” Walmart to Stop Selling “All Lives Matter” Merchandise
- “It’s a wonderful legacy that we should be proud of. There are those who want to make us feel ashamed of it. We have every reason to be proud of it.” San Francisco Archbishop on Toppling of Junipero Serra Statue: “That is an Act of the Evil One”
- “Not a great man to be trifled with.” Cancel John Wayne? That’ll Be the Day
- “Telling white people they’re racist is turning out to be a lucrative business.” White Liberals Can Make $12,000 a Day on “White Privilege” Christian Toto: “Hollywood press mum as Project 21 says Fey’s actions impact her Mark Twain Prize”
- Black Activists: Tina Fey Should Be Held to Her Own Cancel Culture Standards
- “If racism be the only thing upon which we judge a man’s life, there will be no statues, no portraits, no honors, no mentions of anything about anybody ever. Kenesaw Mountain Landis was a man of his time.” MLB Contemplates Changing the MVP Trophy Named for a Racist
- “A former slave had to remind a do-gooder where his and everyone else’s rights come from.”Signaling to the Virtuous
- Dennis Prager: “The damage the Left is perpetrating may be mortal.” Has This Present Moment Set Black Americans Back a Half-Century?
HITHER & YON
- A happy 90th birthday to one of our truly great thinkers. Walter Williams: Thomas Sowell, an Underappreciated American Scholar
- “The 72-year-old was reportedly trying to take photos of the bison at the time.” Woman Gored by Bison at Yellowstone Park
NOTE: The opinions expressed in some links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.