Good morning, kids. The weekend is here along with the 244th birthday of the United States of America. Tragically, the word “United” is very much in doubt, perhaps more than at any other time in our history. Strange, and rather ironic that it lands so close to the anniversary of my uncle’s death in battle on Saipan. Given the situation we find ourselves in, you can imagine some of my emotions as I lit his “yahrzeit” (memorial) candle.
A yahrzeit is supposed to be a time of peaceful, somber reflection and remembrance. But within a few seconds of striking that match, I could not help but feel utter hatred and loathing, not so much for the blind pig-ignorant rabble burning, looting and killing but their leaders who have usurped and twisted the meaning of the words truth, justice and freedom – our very identity – to justify subjugation and destruction. The gargantuan lie of self-proclaimed oppression and victimhood while oppressing and victimizing what are supposed to be one’s fellow citizens as evil demons and monsters to be eliminated is beyond my capacity to describe the sheer gall of the presumption. Stonewall Jackson, Abraham Lincoln, Junipero Serra, Teddy Roosevelt, Christopher Columbus or even Mahatma-freaking-Gandhi – whether crude, spray-painted epithets or worse, the government-sanctioned removal, the demonization and erasure of our history is an abomination. Worse are the censorship and outright persecution of those who dare utter an opinion against this madness, and worse still, millions more who are scared into silence.
Antifa and BLM, dangerous as they are, are not the instruments of our doom; it’s going to be corporate America, now occupied not by bedraggled citizens – now ex-citizens – of CHAZ-CHOP, but by equally brain-damaged stooges with Ivy League degrees and C-suite titles that potentially will bring us to our knees. Things like Nike no longer selling Washington Redskins merchandise may very well lead to the rapid demise of that team’s name in a way that several decades of petitions never could have. And that’s just one incident. When you consider the terrifying prospect of China’s “social scoring,” which our very own Google had a big hand in developing, being implemented here – and it may already be implemented – that is how 315 million of us will be made to care by a relative handful of insurrectionists. Couple that with one political party that is a de-facto enemy alien entity and another that is pretending to defend the Constitution, as well as a thoroughly corrupt bureaucracy and courts, propaganda-spewing media and brainwashing mills for schools and we have ourselves a situation.
That is the real desecration. That is akin to defecating on my uncle’s memory and I cannot accept it. While despite the gloom and doom of the headlines I feel that President Trump will still prevail come November, we will still be a nation divided. The terror campaign as well as the economic front and psychological warfare that will be waged on him and us in the next four years will make the first go round seem like a picnic. And G-d help us if he loses. That said, and assuming victory, the question is what lies ahead at 12:01 PM on January 20th, 2025? Just like the distance between now and this November is both an eternity and a blink of an eye, so too is the former time frame.
In any case, all I can say is have courage, keep the faith, live for the joys and surprises life brings us, and preserve, protect and defend the memory of those who came before us. That is the America that is at stake. The collective memory of what was and what should be.
Happy Fourth of July. To independence, once again.
CIVIL WAR 2.0: LEFTIST REIGN OF TERROR, WAR ON POLICE
- “We just talked to the president of the United States. How are you going to top that?”Father, Whose Son Was Killed in Seattle “CHOP” Zone Gets Call from President Trump
- “NYC mayor Bill de Blasio had uncharacteristically strong words for protesters ‘occupying’ City Hall, vandalizing city buildings and public statues, and taunting NYPD officers, but the mayor refused to say whether he would double down on efforts to remove the ‘autonomous zone’ growing around the city’s government buildings.” De Bolshevik Calls NYC City Hall Protests “Vile” But Won’t Break Up “Autonomous Zone”
- Dissent: “The majority’s decision to affirm the release of these Appellees from pretrial detention subjects the community to an unacceptable risk of danger.” Appeals Court Frees Molotov Cocktail Lawyers on Bail and Home Confinement
- “[Jason] Charter has connections to Antifa and was in a leadership role on the night of June 22 when a large group of protesters tried to pull down the statue.” Feds Arrest Leader of Attack on Andrew Jackson Statue Near White House
- “Janover was slated to work as a ‘government and public business service analyst,’ which may have been a client-facing position — a situation which could have put Deloitte in trouble with its wealthy clients, who likely have a variety of political views.” Harvard Grad Blames “Trump Supporters” After Being Fired From Her “Dream Job” Over TikTok Threat
- Dear Lord, what a loathsome, maniacal slag this beast is. McCarthy to Malig-Nancy Pelosi: Condemn Rioters Who Knocked Down Saint’s Statue. Malig-Nancy Pelosi Sneers: “I’m Trying to Save the World From [Chinese] Coronavirus”
- “The real problem with the NYPD budget isn’t officer headcount; it’s spiraling retiree fringe-benefit costs.” The Wrong Cuts
- “Even in states Republicans control, they refuse to punish the rioters unless they shoot someone, they refuse to clear the roads, they refuse to protect the police from unjust lawfare, and they refuse to empower the citizenry to fight back and defend themselves. When they do, they are the ones who get prosecuted, and those sheriffs who call for their defense get fired.” Republicans Won’t Even Fight for Self-Defense
- “The GOP’s priority should be fighting, not pandering, and they shouldn’t confuse the two either.” Even in Trump Era, Republicans Prioritize Pandering Over Pushing Back
- “The thirst among Republican voters isn’t even for policy. It’s for seeing the politicians they elected join the fray.” What Should Republicans Do?
- Lloyd Billingsley: “The case for an American Revolution Movement for Self-Defense.” A Call to ARMCRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “For centuries, America has embraced self-defense, but activist prosecutors may be applying it unequally depending on race.”
Have We Reached the Point at Which Self-Defense is a Crime?
CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS, FACTS AND AMERICA IMPRISONED
- Betsey McCaughey: “In a report released this week, the GAO details dozens of dangerous failings in one government department after another — failings that needlessly put you and your loved ones at risk.” How the Swamp Mucked Up America’s Chinese Coronavirus Response (mucked, with an “F” – jjs)
- “The court declares that Defendant [Pritzker] had no constitutional authority as Governor to restrict a citizen’s movement or activities and/or forcibly close business premises in EO 32.”Judge Nukes Illinois Lockdown: Sitz-Pritzker “Had No Authority” to Restrict Movement and Close Businesses
- What’s more disgusting; the hypocrisy of this rancid, brilliantine fraud or the fact that Californians willingly obey his edicts that don’t apply to him? Gavin Noose-’em Nailed for Shutting Down Businesses — But Not His Own Wineries
- “This admission about the terrifying effects of lawlessness in downtown Seattle comes from the lips of the very public official who put up with it for so long — and who defended CHOP when President Donald Trump called on her to restore law and order.” Seattle Mayor Admits CHOP Antifastan Caused Crime Wave, “Alarming” Spike in Chinese COVID Cases
- “One of the first movers to reopen the economy, Governor Kemp was attacked by the press and the Health Experts(TM) as reckless and incompetent.” Big Win for Governor Brian Kemp as Georgia Chinese COVID-19 Deaths Hit 3-Month Low
- Oh FFS, Abbott! A spike in cases with a flat death toll means the disease is statistically no deadlier than flu! And masks are useless anyway. Gov. Greg Abbott Signs Order That Will Require Many Texans To Wear Masks In Public Spaces as Chinese COVID-19 Cases Spike
- “He has been wrong every time, on every issue.” (swap Abbott out for this guy – jjs) Texas Lt. Governor Lambasts Fauci
- “‘[E]very deputy who issues a ticket will be sued, every fine dropped!! U didn’t enforce it at march of city hall political cronies, u cant enforce it against everyone else, that’ an abuse of power and a VIOLATION OF PEOPLES RIGHTS!’ wrote one person on Twitter.” No Mask In West Hollywood? $5,000 Fine!
- “Three weeks ago, 100,000 gathered for LA’s BLM protests. Now, for some strange reason, the LA area is seeing a surge in Chinese Coronavirus cases.” Los Angeles Sheriff Will Not Enforce New County Order Shutting Down Beaches for July 4th
- “[Governor Mike] DeWine and officials at the Ohio Department of Health have been under fire in recent months for what many consider to be their heavy-handed approach to the virus and the lack of transparency coming from state government about how decisions that affect the lives of 11.69 million Ohioans are being made.” What Are They Hiding? Ohio Health Dept. Says FOIA Requests Can Be Delayed Until 90 Days After Chinese COVID-19 Emergency Ends
- So, Schiff-for-Brains colluded not with the President but with the Russians.Report: Schiff-for-Brains Learned of Russian Bounty Allegations in February and Took No Action
- “…all but ensuring that those records won’t feature in the presidential election.” In Setback for Democrats, Supreme Court Will Hear Case On Sealed Mueller Evidence
- “While the evidence is clear that President Trump didn’t ignore the uncorroborated and disputed intelligence about alleged Russian bounties on U.S. troops, we do know that President Obama was repeatedly briefed about the rise of ISIS, but failed to respond to this intelligence.” Susan Rice Accidentally Proved Barack Obama (Not Trump) Is Guilty of Dereliction of Duty
- 1996, the Clinton administration. And yet they jumped on President Trump and everyone associated with him in a nanosecond with charges they themselves helped to fabricate. Abolish the FBI. FBI Knew Of Allegations Against Ghislaine Maxwell As Early As 1996, Accuser Says. It Took 24 Years To Arrest Her
- “A new campaign video from Joe Biden features a small business owner who says the Trump administration did nothing to help her during the [Chinese] coronavirus pandemic. Unmentioned is that she received thousands through the administration’s Paycheck Protection Program.” Biden Trots Out Small Business Owner Who Got Thousands in Gov’t Assistance to Argue Trump Isn’t Helping Small Business
- “The union [AFGE] is closely affiliated with the Democrat Party: It endorsed Hillary Clinton for president in 2016 and [former union president Jeffrey David] Cox served in several posts in the Obama administration. The union also provided an early boost to Biden’s campaign.” Federal Workers Accuse Biden Labor Ally of Sexual Misconduct, Racial Discrimination
- “‘American capitalism’ and Israel ‘were built on the ‘repression of minorities… And that’s why we say police from Palestine to Mexico to the United States — police as a whole — need to go!'” Watch: Black Lives Matter Protesters Shout “Israel, We Know You, You Murder Children, Too”
- Daniel Greenfield: “Jewish lives don’t matter to Jewish allies of Black Lives Matter.” Liberal Jewish Leaders Accuse Jews of Racism, Cover Up Anti-Semitism
- “Whenever you try to cancel us and do these movements that pop up once every couple years, it only makes us stronger because normal people want an escape for a couple fucking seconds from this fucked up world… It just makes them like us more, so alright, keep trying to cancel us, we’ll keep growing stronger.” Anti-Israel Group Expands Boycott From Jewish State to Barstool Sports
- “Under the new leadership of Jonathan Greenblatt, a former high-level partisan of the Obama administration, the ADL has made its focus the destruction of political conservatism and President Trump.” Anti-Defamation League Elevates an Anti-Semite and Hurts America
- Conrad Black: “All the country needs is a couple of weeks without the president seeming to be the source of this cacophony for the national interest in sensible government to reassert itself.” A Silent Strategy for the President Will Spur the Silent (and Sane) Majority
- “Democrats concluded that if they must destroy our economy with false lockdowns and open rebellion to regain power, they will do so because they would rather rule in the ashes than be the minority party in a prosperous republic.” Nothing Is Off Limits to Defeat Trump
- “Joe Biden… is running on the most progressive platform in Democratic Party history, and whose election would create an opportunity for the big, structural changes this country needs.” MoveOn Blows Up the Myth That Joe Biden Is a Moderate
- “Impending events involving the Biden campaign will all fall out in Trump’s favor.” Why Biden’s Lead Will Evaporate
- From Gravis Marketing and One America News Network (OAN), for what it’s worth. Poll: Trump, McSally Lead Democrat Challengers in Arizona
- Julie Kelly: “Republicans need to wield their power forcefully and unflinchingly over the next four months — or they will deserve to lose it in November.” Sheep in Elephant Costumes
- Watch the Democrats shriek “voter suppression!” Detroit Removes Thousands of Dead Registrants From Voter Rolls
- “The liberal responses ‘are driven by contempt for their fellow-countrymen in general and working-class whites in particular.'” Poll: Most Liberals Say Americans Are Too Lazy to Work
- “Not since the Civil War has Independence Day been celebrated amidst such threats to our country’s political heritage.” Independence Day and the “Woke” Revolution
- “The ideology behind the lust to tear America down.” The Believer
- Today’s selection from the Malig-Nancy Pelosi “Spark-of-Divinity” files.Illegal Alien Charged with Secretly Recording 15-Year-Old Girl in Bathroom
- So, she’s still batting close to 1.000 on never being right, I see. Rachel Maddow Wrongly Predicted Jobs Numbers Would Be Absolutely Terrible”
- “The market rose at its fastest rate in more than 20 years in the second quarter. The media reaction? Crickets. Why Do the Media Ignore Good News About the Stock Market and Economy?
- “The Marxist blood running in the veins of the media, of celebrities in Hollywood, in nearly every Democrat politician, and unfortunately some weak sister Republicans, demands that we do not question the Left.” If It Weren’t for Double Standards, Our Media Would Have None
- “This is a version of a real exploit called a ‘denial of inventory’ attack.” Tik-Tok Users Attempt to Shut Down Trump Merchandise Sites
- “Even as the very scenario that demonstrates the need for high-capacity magazines unfolded in St. Louis, the Colorado Supreme Court endorsed the view that you don’t need one.” Why You Have a Constitutional Right to a High Capacity Magazine
- “Through Roberts and his application of stare decisis the Court, as it is currently constituted, will continue the legal farce that there is a right to abortion in the U.S. Constitution.” A Conflict of Visions on the Supreme Court
- “The snuffing out of freedom – and what it portends.” Red China Moves on Hong Kong
- “It’s critically important — and the SHEET Act can help.” Countering Beijing’s Aggression Against Hong Kong
- “WHO backtracks on original claim that China self-reported, admits this never happened.” China Never Reported Existence of Chinese Coronavirus to World Health Organization
- “Survivors of the camps have testified to the prevalence of indoctrination, torture, rape, slavery, murder, and forced organ harvesting, sterilization, and abortion. Reports have identified dozens of multinational corporations — including American companies like Nike and Apple — as having ties to factories in China believed to use Uyghur slaves for manufacturing.”“Forced Labor”: US Seizes $800,000 of Human Hair from China’s Uyghur Region
- “The Chinese regime fears sunlight. It fears the truth… Tyranny thrives in darkness.” Sen. Ted Cruz: Treat China Like It’s the New Soviet Union
- He [Tom Cotton] suggested that this assault on Hong Kong’s liberties may be the most important event of 2020, even more monumental than the coronavirus pandemic or the George Floyd riots. (assuming the propagandist media doesn’t embargo it – jjs) The Biggest Story of 2020 Won’t Be COVID or Riots, Tom Cotton Warns
- “Either Iranian scientists are unlucky or incompetent, or someone is targeting the Iranian nuclear program and trying to eliminate it piece by piece.” Another “Accident” at Iran Nuke Site
- Destroyers > lawsuits, no? US Files Suit to Seize Gasoline in Four Iran Tankers Headed to Venezuela
- More blood and treasure wasted. Senate Votes Down Bill to End War in Afghanistan
- “In her rationale for the APTA, Cheney indirectly referred to a New York Times report – which was denied by the Defense Department – alleging the offering of bounties by Russian operatives to the Taliban for the killing of American soldiers.” Liz Cheney Joins Democrats Opposing Trump’s Afghanistan Withdrawal
- “It is simply unprecedented and wrong for any commander in chief to meddle in routine military matters at all, whether or not he has a personal vendetta against a soldier who did his patriotic duty and told the truth.” (I thought “meritocracy” was a racist concept – jjs) Tammy Duckworth Vows to Block 1,000 Military Promotions Unless Pentagon Promises Not to Retaliate Against Liar, Traitor, Disgrace-to-the-Uniform Bearclaw Vindman
- “Greece said that Turkey risked opening up a ‘huge emotional chasm’ with Christian countries if it continued pushing for the conversion of the museum, a change cheered by Turkey’s Islamists and endorsed by President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.” Tension Between Christians and Turkey Rise While Awaiting Final Hagia Sophia Decision
- “There is a non-negotiable conflict between Western progressivism and Islamist ideology.” Make Love, Not Jihad
- Giant Nelson Muntz laugh at the Dems for not paying attention and passing a bill that stops graft. Senate Accidentally Passes Bill to Stop Paying Dead People
- “The November ballot is settled and we all know how Californians will vote for president, but their initiative decisions will really define the state’s future.” Some Scary Propositions
- Seila Law gently pulls the Supreme Court back toward constitutional design.Reining in the Administrative State
- “The future looks a lot rosier than it did a couple of months ago. The gains in employment are only part of the story, as the economy seems poised to rev up to levels not seen before.” Record Job Growth in June as Unemployment Rate Plummets
- Equally great jobs numbers. Government Employment Down 1,469,000 Since February
- “We estimate that if you allowed people to continue to get these super high unemployment benefits,… that would reduce employment this year by 10 million people, so if Trump were to allow that to happen, there’s no way he could get reelected, because we couldn’t have an expansion.” Freedom Works’ Stephen Moore: Malig-Nancy Pelosi’s Plan Would Pay People More to Stay Home Than to Work
- One more angle to Make America Third World Top Health Officials: Lockdowns Disrupt Vaccinations, Leaving US Children at Risk for Other Diseases
- Please, before they cover him with dirt, go take John McCain’s thumb and shove it up your collective rectal cavity, sideways. GOP Senators Propose Lowering Healthcare Costs, Increasing Transparency
- “Whatever the benefits are of getting the kids out of the house more regularly, the long-term lockdown and accompanying hemming & hawing on the part of various school districts have more parents considering homeschooling.” Parents Everywhere Agree: Reopen Schools — Immediately!
- “The Supreme Court eliminates a legal vestige of anti-Catholic prejudice.”Support All Schools
- Victor Davis Hanson: “How can so many sheltered and prolonged adolescents claim to be all-knowing? Ask questions like these, and the answers ultimately lead back to the university.” Universities Sowing the Seeds of Their Own Obsolescence
- Daniel Greenfield: “The inherent problem with science is that it requires objectivity. And objectivity is the thing that leftists hate for the same reason that any cult does. Objectivity asserts that we can find the truth by stepping back from our beliefs and emotions in any field from journalism to particle physics.” Why the Left is Afraid of Objectivity: The Great Struggle Between Truth and Lies
- “The left has been telling women for a generation that they’re our best chance to build our hopes for justice and equality into a new edifice of rights and protections. Their support for transgenderism proves it all a lie.”Transgenderism’s War on Women Betrays Left’s Claims to Champion Our Rights
- “Last week, three letters signed by 87 different investment firms and shareholders asked Nike, FedEx, and PepsiCo to end their business relationships with the Washington Redskins until the team decides to change its name.” Nike Caves to Activist Investors, Removes All “Redskins” Gear From Website
- First rule of holes, schmuck! First rule of holes! Ron Johnson Defends Proposal to Eliminate Columbus Day Holiday
- “The outdoors and public lands suffer from the same systemic racism that the rest of our society does.” National Parks Are Latest Target of Systemic Racism Claim in America
- “Despite this seemingly cute connection between the movie and our mascot’s name, the fact is that the movie’s portrayal of the American Civil War, postwar reconstruction, and slavery is offensive.” Boston University Mulling New Name For Mascot Over Connection to Gone With the Wind
- “The Brooklyn 99 star is canceled for calling out black supremacy on Twitter.” Terry Crews’ Fight Against Black Supremacy
- “It can be hard for ordinary Americans who oppose the radical agenda of the woke left to know how to fight back. Here are a few practical ideas.” 5 Ways You Can Fight Back in the Cultural Civil War
- “Why historians should not endorse it.” The Myth of Righteous Vandalism
- Christian Toto: “Artists are under increasing pressure to tell certain stories from certain viewpoints.” Will Super Woke Hollywood Crush TV’s Golden Age of Streaming
- “The tale of the gay Jewish Confederate soldier who sculpted some of America’s most notable memorials and statues just goes to show how dogmatic and shortsighted today’s iconoclasts really are.” The Artistic Value of a Statue Is More Important Than Its History
- Dennis Prager: “The damage the left is doing to so many blacks — to their moral compass, to their happiness and to their relations with their white fellow citizens — is not in the realm of ‘may do.’ It is done.” The Present Moment Has Set Blacks Back a Half-Century
- “If you do win an award tonight, don’t use it as a political platform to make a political speech. You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything, you know nothing about the real world.” Ricky Gervais on His Seismic Golden Globes Speech: “People Were Tired of the Hypocrisy”
- “As issues with facial-recognition software show, many issues of race and equality can’t be solved by mob-directed national ‘debates.'” Faulty Facial Scanners Reveal: A Racialized, Mob-Censored “Debate” is Worse Than Useless
- “How typical of the Marxist mind to define a term only in terms of an attack on its critics.” Cultural Marxism and Its Conspirators: Part 2
- “The agenda of the Black Lives Matter organization goes far beyond issues of police brutality — it opposes free markets and two-parent families.” Black Lives Matter Opposes Two Huge Forces for Black Success: Family and Capitalism
- “July 4, 2020, will be an Independence Day celebration like never before. In fact, it won’t be a celebration at all, but merely a commemoration of what we have lost and hopefully a reminder of what we need to fight for all over again after 244 years.” We Can No Longer Celebrate Our Independence. We Must Fight for It Again
|Given the state of the union on this Independence Day 2020, I take you back to April of 1976 for a little bit of hope and a powerful metaphor.|
OT: Anyone else having problems with AoSHQ getting buggy and canceling out on iPhone?
Thanks for the availability here.
Buggy? I can’t even register and get on Ace. Tried several times, even had the help of a long-time ‘ron, but no dice. Any help would be appreciated.