Good morning kids. Monday and the last day in August. At the top of the heap is the continued Democrat-promoted and sponsored wave of terror sweeping through or major cities. Of course now that it, like everything else they’ve inflicted on us for the past four years has backfired, and spectacularly, they are naturally disavowing it. Most galling, if not completely unsurprising, is that they are blaming the President as well as the non-existent bogeyman of “white supremacists” for being the cause of it all.
Well, after Kyle Rittenhouse took out three of the terrorists, all of whom had serious criminal records, in a clear act of self-defense, the terrorists shot and murdered a peaceful pro-cop pro-Trump counter-protester in cold blood.
On Saturday night, a day after Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler again refused President Trump’s offer to help end the violence and mayhem in the city, a pro-Trump and Blue Lives Matter supporter was gunned down in cold blood.
Friends say Jay Bishop, whose real name was Aaron Danielson, was the man gunned down in the streets of Portland Saturday night. Bishop was a pro-Trump supporter and alleged member of Patriot Prayer, a group advocating for free speech and small government. The group is known to stage rallies in liberal-dominated areas.
Journalist Andy Ngo reported that while the shooting remains under investigation and no suspect has yet to be identified, “the alleged shooter based on videos says he is antifa in his writings [and] has been at many of the Portland riots.”
The orgasmic glee with which the terrorists and their supporters have been defecating on the poor man’s memory is beyond painful.
Meanwhile in Southern California, shots were fired at a caravan of Trump supporters as they were driving in Woodland Hills. Despite a SWAT team and helicopters, arrests have yet to be made. In the midst of all of this, the President is heading to Kenosha tomorrow to inspect the damage and try to comfort the afflicted. Naturally enough, hack governor Tony Evers does not want Trump to come and his cohorts, as stated, are blaming him as the cause of all the trouble, to which I say “fuck you.”
It is becoming quite clear that the more heated the anti-Trump, anti-American rhetoric becomes, the more desperate the Left is that they are both fearful of losing the election and, more crucially, the Democrats as champions of the underdog that has kept them in power for many decades. Much of that power also came from controlling the news media but, with reporters insisting that the protests are peaceful while their hair singes from a flaming building right behind them, that illusion has gone up as well.
If you take a gander at the Crime and Punishment section, two links jump out at you that underscore what I hope is a Gotterdamerung of the American Left. A woman was almost raped on a midtown NYC subway platform at midday on a Saturday while five people were shot at restaurant in Chicago yesterday afternoon, along with 9 others for a grand total of 14 for the weekend. Say theirnames, Lefties. And back in New York, as Bill DeBolshevik brought back 1970s Needle Park by dumping drug addicts and derelicts on the Upper West Side, residents have had enough. Adding insult to injury, the Legal Aid Society has called residents racist for objecting! Hard for me to feel sorry since most residents of that neighborhood, and Manhattan in general, consistently vote Democrat.
Moving trucks were out in force on Manhattan’s Upper West Side on Saturday — leaving Guardian Angels founder Curtis Sliwa practically tripping over them.
“The mass evacuation of Upper West Siders from NYC is in full effect,” Sliwa, who lives on W. 87th Street, lamented, blaming the city’s decision this summer to house hundreds of emotionally disturbed homeless and recovering addicts in neighborhood hotels.
A mayoral candidate, Sliwa has been organizing and often leading Guardian Angels patrols of the area.
“They were stacked up,” Sliwa told The Post of the four trucks he saw as he took a morning walk on Saturday.
Stopping at each truck, he was told each was heading out of state.
No sooner had Sliwa stepped out of his apartment building — where nine out of the 12 units are empty — than he saw the first moving truck of the morning.
It was the eighth truck he’s seen on his block in less than two weeks.
The big question is will those fleeing the city bring their voting habits with them? Sadly, when you look at places like North Carolina and Georgia, as well as Arizona and Montana, you have to go by history and say yes. But the political landscape has undergone tectonic shifts in the age of Trump, especially since the phony Peking Pox pandemic panic and even just since the death of that Floyd person. Old habits die hard, for sure. But the murder, madness and mayhem in Portland, Seattle, New York, Chicago and now especially in Kenosha may be one of those seminal moments that changes a lot of perceptions for a lot of people.* * * * * *
Other things to take note of:
– An alarming report from a career Democrat voting fraudster.
– I know it’s polling but this may really be the year Black voters liberate themselves from the Democrat plantation.
– John Ratcliffe hinting at further coup indictments.
– Military tensions heating up between Greece and Turkey in the Med.
– Boeing addresses recent technical failures by going the diversity route.
– Victor Davis Hanson on the race to commit cultural suicide
Have at it.
ABOVE THE FOLD, NOTEWORTHY, BREAKING
- “If it turns out that BLM Global Networks’ anti-Trump campaign does in fact constitute misuse of 501(c)(3) tax exempt resources, this issue could expose the entire movement as a fraud on the trust of the American people and make the entire Democrat Party a party to the fraud in question just in time for Election Day.” (they should be identified as a terrorist organization and have their assets seized – jjs) Is Black Lives Matter Putting its Fiscal Sponsors’ Tax Exemptions at Risk?
- “It’s not impossible that this ‘Democratic operative’ is simply trolling his political opponents and may be a real operative but is trying to make a point about the gullibility of the opposition. But Hans von Spakovsky, a senior legal fellow at the Heritage Foundation who manages the foundation’s election law reform initiative, says, ‘There is nothing new about these techniques. Everything he’s talking about is perfectly possible.'” Incredible: Dem Operative Reveals How He Fixed Mail-In Ballots Over Decades
- “It’s actually a Republican myth that has, over the last 20 years, really crawled into even leftist discourse: that the small business owner must be respected, that the small business owner creates jobs and is part of the community.” “In Defense of Looting?” Seriously, Leftist Author Went There
- Roger Kimball: “For Vicky Osterweil, ‘Looting represents a material way that riots and protests help the community.'” Meet the Democrats’ Newest Strategist
CIVIL WAR 2.0: LEFTIST REIGN OF TERROR, WAR ON POLICE
- “If the Democrat Party wants to stand with anarchists, agitators, rioters, looters, and flag burners, that is up to them. But I, as your president, will not be part of it.” President Trump Plans Visit to Kenosha, Wisconsin Tuesday
- “When standing up for the law and against anarchy becomes ‘incendiary,’ you know we’re in trouble. Even more amazing is that Democrats continue to blame Trump for the violence.”Democrats Warn Trump Not to Visit Kenosha
- Daniel Greenfield: “Democrats endorsed and funded the riots, now they pretend to condemn them.” Democrat Violence Takes a Life in Portland
- “Rand Paul put his finger on getting to the roots of the rioting and not a moment too soon, given that mobs attacked him.” “Something’s Going On Here and It’s Much Bigger Than People Think.”
- “A man wearing a “Patriot Prayer” hat who reportedly participated in a caravan of Trump supporters through downtown Portland earlier Saturday evening was shot and killed on the street. Left-wing demonstrators later celebrated his killing.” Joe Biden Says Trump “Incitement” Led to Death of Apparent Trump Supporter in Portland
- “I’m ready to put these police in the fucking grave.” DC Protester Calls For More Violence
- “Do you seriously wonder, Mr. President, why this is the first time in decades that America has seen this level of violence? It’s you who have created the hate and the division.” (projection ain’t a river in Egypt – jjs) Democrat Ted Wheeler Blames Trump For Portland Violence After Right-Wing Protester Killed. He Rejected Trump’s National Guard Offer Last Week
- Chickens Coming Home to Roost? Portland Mob Shines Strobe Lights Into Ted Wheeler’s Condo at Night
- “The left wing propaganda media naturally are obfuscating the crime.” Portland BLM Crowd Cheers News of Murder of Patriot Prayer Counter-Demonstrator: “I’m Not Sad That a Fucking Fascist Died Tonight!”
- “Riot, loot, attack, and burn first, learn the contradictory facts later. Just like Ferguson, Baltimore, and Minneapolis.” Facts Emerging on Jacob Back Shooting Contradict the Narrative That Sparked Riots
- “Kyle did nothing wrong.” Attorneys For Teen Kenosha Shooter Say He Acted In Self-Defense
- “Wisconsin recently charged Kyle Rittenhouse with first degree murder for killing two people who were, from what the videos show, attacking him with weapons. Jurors need to understand the simple concept of din rodef, “the law of the pursuer.” Kyle Rittenhouse and The Law of the Pursuer
- “We should not lift a finger on behalf of our opponents who pine to enslave us and wish to recreate the worst tyrannies mankind has ever known on our shores.” Where Kyle Rittenhouse Went Wrong
- “Top Colorado Democrats appear to be joining party colleagues in turning a blind eye to the violent unrest gripping their own communities.” Six Days Later, Colorado’s John Hickenlooper and Sen. Michael Bennet Have Yet To Condemn Denver Riots
- “Three suspects were surrounded by law enforcement Sunday following an alleged shooting during a pro-Trump caravan rally in Woodland Hills.” Police: Shooting at Pro-Trump Rally Becomes Standoff in Los Angeles
- [Republican Indiana Rep. Jim Banks’] “Support Peaceful Protest Act would also require those convicted to providing restitution for the cost of federal policing in a sum determined by the court.” (cut off their arms as well – jjs) Indiana Congressman Introduces Bill To Cut Off Federal Unemployment Funds To Convicted Rioters
- “What kind of people have we become?” Watch: Democrat State Rep. John DeBerry Shames Rioters
- “Get in their face. This comment came after Obama referred to his grandmother as a ‘typical white person’ who had fears about black men. Then he characterized his political opponents as ‘bitter clingers.'” Flashback: Democrat Leaders Have Encouraged Political Violence, Beginning With Barack Obama
- “A great nation doesn’t get used to looting and mayhem on behalf of dubious social causes. It shuts them down.” The New Normal Ain’t So Grand
- “A tale about cowardice and fear.” The Left’s Key Inspiration
FINAL THOUGHTS ON THE REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION
- “The most terrifying moment of my entire life.” Kelley Paul Describes Her and Rand Paul’s Encounter With Protesters
- “No consequences for this type of behavior.” Brandon Straka Recounts Anti-Gay Attack by BLM After RNC
- “Protersters, your ass.” Trump Criticizes Harassment Of RNC Attendees Outside White House
- They had to change their categories the lines were so jammed with pro-Trump Democrats.On C-SPAN, Dems Defect to Trump
- “The Republican Convention also beat the Democrat Convention in viewership when you combine television and online viewing.” Trump Campaign Raises $76 Million During Week of Republican National Convention
- “Over the years, Notre Dame has shown a decidedly radical liberal bent in its teachings and actions. It has taken an agnostic view toward abortion, despite the Vatican’s strong condemnation of the practice. And when it comes to political candidates who profess their Catholicism, who run on their religious affiliation and support unfettered abortions in the U.S., Notre Dame leaders look the other way.” Notre Dame Disavows Lou Holtz’s RNC Speech Calling Biden “Catholic in Name Only”
- “Those Democrats who gloated about viewership for the Democrat National Convention were looking in the wrong places.” America Wanted to See the Republicans, Not the Democrats
- “The president’s speech closed out the second remote convention in American history, and marked the first done right.” Trump Lit Up the Skies (And the Right) While the Streets Raged — And Remade Conventions Forever
- “Never in modern history has their been a greater gap between the two parties.” What Trump Got Right: Our Choice Isn’t Democrats Vs. Republicans, But Socialism Vs. Democracy
CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS, FACTS AND AMERICA IMPRISONED
- “If Jordan Warnsholz is accurate, it sure looks as if Whitmer is deliberately trying to intimidate a plaintiff who challenged her Wuhan virus executive orders.” Is Wretched Whitmer Using State Power to Harass Someone Who Sued Her?
- Lloyd Billingsley: “‘White coat supremacy’ meets watermelon environmentalism.” WHO’s on First with Joe Biden
- “The fact that placing most of the nation under house arrest inflicted vast collateral damage was irrelevant.” How Joe Biden Embraces Democrats’ Shutdown Insanity
- “The virus has had disproportionate effects on certain demographic groups, even in countries with the most generous welfare provisions.” Does Chinese Covid Discriminate?
- “The destruction of our economy, the climate of fear, and the lives lost to the shutdown… well, let’s just say it was another failed Democrat policy.” It Seems That the Wuhan Virus’ Risks Have Been Grossly Exaggerated
- “Hating Trump more than caring about saving lives.” Prager U Video: The Left’s Weaponization of Medicine
JOE BIDEN’S 50-YEAR RAP SHEET
- “Firm handling [Chinese] coronavirus contract has received $2.1 million from Biden since 2019. California Gave $35 Million “Voter Outreach” Contract to “Team Biden” Firm
- “Listen, Fatima…” Watch: Biden Lauds Soros’ Pro-Iran Efforts At Event Hosted By “Death To America”-Linked Group
SHAMPEACHMENT, CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- “The question now is did the FBI have a proper predicate to begin a counterintelligence investigation at all, and that’s the issue that John Durham is looking at, and also the issue that I’m continuing to look at.” Ratcliffe Says He Is Coordinating With John Durham, Plans To Declassify More Trump-Russia Documents
- Margot Cleveland: “Obama administration holdovers and partisan career employees succeeded in causing the ouster of the new administration’s pick for national security advisor.” The Michael Flynn Saga Reveals Democrats’ Near-Coup Use Of Federal Power
DEMOCRAT-LEFTIST SCANDALS, CRIMES, CHUTZ-POCRISY, MESHUGAS
- Lloyd Billingsley: “An issue for campaign videos and candidates alike.” Democrats and Deep Fakes
POLITICS, 2020 ELECTION
- “Biden is heading to Minnesota and Wisconsin after Labor Day, a sure sign his internal polling has his handlers worried.” Republican National Convention Destroyed Biden’s Basement Campaign
- “A new poll shows President Trump ahead of Joe Biden in historically blue Michigan.”Thanks, Gretchen: Poll Shows Trump taking the Lead in Michigan
- “Burning and looting in the name of justice will hand election to Trump.” Willie Brown to Democrats and Media: Stop Calling Riots “Demonstrations”
- “From a leftist worldview, how is it possible that Trump is a racist, but blacks can celebrate him?” Does the Left Think Blacks Are Stupid?
- “Trump is diligently chipping away at the Democrats’ most reliable demographic, causing a shift that could wipe out the Democrat party.” One Statistic Should Frighten Democrats More Than Any Other
- “24% of registered black voters in the Aug. 22-25 survey, which included the first two days of the convention, said they approve of the job Trump is doing as president, while 76% said they disapprove. That is up 9 points from the previous survey conducted Aug. 8-11, where the President received 15% support among this group.” President Trump’s Approval Rises Nine Points Among Black Voters During RNC
- “The president now also leads Biden by seven points in key battleground states, a two point bump from the five point lead he had in the same survey.” Trump Bump After Convention: POTUS Jumps to Lead in National Poll
- “The squabble over Massachusetts endorsements is a symptom of a larger issue: AOC’s influence seems to have more weight than the Speaker’s.” Malig-Nancy Pelosi and Donkey-Chompers AOC’s Primary Catfight
- “Platitudes but no substance and no policy.” Marianne Williamson Rips Joe Biden Campaign
- “Are you mentally prepared to be outsmarted by Trump again?” Desperate Michael “Tubby Riefenstahl” Moore Warns Left: “Enthusiasm… In Trump’s Base Is OFF THE CHARTS!”
- Even David Harsanyi is sweating. Why Joe Biden is Losing Ground in Key Swing States
- “Among other left-wing views, Harris also supports eliminating the Electoral College and increasing the federal minimum wage to $15 per hour. The candidate previously cosponsored socialist senator Bernie Sanders’s (I., Vt.) Medicare for All bill.” “Bomber” Harris: Democrats Embrace “Diversity” of Radical and Moderate Views
- “Dems have dodged ‘defund’ movement on the trail.” Embattled California Dems Team Up With Defund the Police Group
- “We are meant to believe Joe Biden is the next president of the United States: C’mon, man.”Democrat Death Rattle
- “We’re excited to have Nicholas on Team Mitch. Along with our already strong team, his efforts to bring people together all across Kentucky will be critical to Senator McConnell’s victory this November.” Mitch McConnell’s Reelection Campaign Hires Former Covington Catholic Student Nick Sandmann
- “The state is shifting to the right, and Daniel Gade is a candidate from political heaven.”Mitch McConnell Should Put Another Senate Seat in Play — In Virginia
- “A ‘failed and corrupt political establishment’ is out in the cold.” It’s Trump’s Republican Party Now
- “The traditional old-time politicians are Woking for dear life, holding off the mobs with one radical promise after another, however absurd or destructive lest the canvas come down on their heads. Now it is a question of whether they can still control the forces they’ve unleashed.” The Left Is Racing to Get “Woke” Enough, But Who Is in Charge of the Clattering Train?
- “Will Republicans have a party that regresses back to the altar of soulless neoliberalism or will they endeavor to think deeply and be humble enough to chart a nobler course?” Will Trumpism Endure in the GOP?
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “President Gerald Ford proposed a Vietnam refugee relief program that would settle thousands of Vietnamese and Cambodian families in the United States. The bill was met with resistance from a Democratic majority in Congress. Sen. Byrd cited fear of admitting ‘undesirables’ such as ‘barmaids, prostitutes, and criminals’ to the country.” (jeez, that’s the Biden family album – jjs) As a Young Senator, Biden Supported Keeping “Boat People” Out of the US
FIRST AMENDMENT, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER
- “American press obfuscates the incident with hazy headlines.” #BidenRiots Trends on Twitter
- “The scene on Tuesday night was something I had only seen in photos of war-torn countries. Men and women stood with baseball bats, handguns, semi-automatic rifles, and shotguns in front of their businesses and homes.” Corporate Media Didn’t Report What It’s Really Like In Kenosha, Wisconsin, So I Will
- “Sen. Rand Paul was only ‘briefly uncomfortable’ one Twitter user claimed. ‘This is fine with me,’ wrote another.” “Blue Checkmarks” Tweet Approval Of Aggressive Mob That Swarmed Rand Paul
- “While it’s unlikely Cillizza hand-picked the photo for the column himself, the bizarre spectacle echoes a similar incident from last week in which a CNN television chyron referred to the Tuesday night unrest in Kenosha as “fiery but mostly peaceful,” all the while a field reporter was standing in front of a large fire.” XiNN’s Chris Cillizza Says Trump’s “Riots” References Show Desperation — There’s a Burning Building In His Tweet
- They must be shitting a brick that black Americans are finally waking up. MSNBC Host Calls Black Speakers At RNC “A Modern-Day Minstrel Show”
- “The twin culprits in this disinformation campaign are social media and Democrat Party messaging.” American Media’s Toxic Response to the Pandemic
- Robert Spencer: “Donald Trump is the first president in nearly a century and a half to break with the slide into statism initiated by William Jennings Bryan.” When Democrats Say “the People,” They Mean “the Government”
- “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” — John Adams Religious Liberty Is Essential to Our Country’s Freedoms
- “How can such a document that propagates such a big lie be now widely circulated and even promoted by stars like Oprah Winfrey?” Who is Behind the 1619 Project?
- “Over the weekend, prominent libertarian blogger David French sent out a newsletter attempting to justify, on pro-life grounds, his efforts to oust the President.” Never-Trumper David French Picks a Million Abortions Over Trump Being Re-Elected… Seriously
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “Korean [Chinese] coronavirus investigation leaks could threaten religious liberty in US.”South Korea Seizes Personal Info from Thousands of Americans in Chinese Coronavirus Probe
- “Putin’s government has gone absolutely mad for poisoning critics.” Russia: The Modern-Day Borgias
- “Gaza-based terrorist groups to ‘increase the amount and frequency of incendiary balloons launched toward Israel.'” Gaza-Based Terror Groups Preparing Joint Campaign Against Israel, Report Says
- Daniel Greenfield: “We are dealing with a stronger leftwing and anti-Israel anti-Semitism.”The Rising Islamic Terrorist Threat in Austria Strikes a Synagogue
- “He’s stuck at home and struggling to evade the media’s lockdown on anything but the most essential of businesses: portraying the president negatively.” (meh, maybe, maybe not – jjs)Chinese COVID-19 Hampers Trump’s Ability To Campaign on Foreign Policy
- “Tensions are mounting between Turkey and Greece over Turkey’s searching for potential gas and oil deposits near the island of Cyprus, which like Greece is an EU member country. Turkish and Greek armed forces have been conducting war games in the area.” EU Urges Turkey to Stop Drilling in Med as Greece Ramps Up Training Exercises in Response
- “Still no international outrage despite decades of human rights atrocities.” Cyprus: 46 Years of Turkish Occupation
- “Crew on the Louise Michel, which is painted pink and named after a French anarchist, sent out tweets on Friday night and Saturday calling for ‘immediate assistance’ from authorities in Malta, Italy, and Germany — but seemingly not any of the safe North African countries nearby — and denounced the EU’s supposed ‘Fortress Europe’ migration policy.” Stranded: Banksy’s Migrant “Rescue” Boat Demands Help From EU
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “DNI John Ratcliffe informed the House and Senate that the administration would no longer give in-person intelligence briefings on election security to members of Congress. Instead, they will give written briefings because Congress leaks like a sieve.” Democrats Outraged the Trump Administration Won’t Give Them In-Person Intel Briefings Anymore
- “We all had kinds of different pieces of our space assets, and so for the president to bring it all together, I just think it makes sure we’re as dominant militarily in space as we are on land, sea, and air today.” Mike Pence: Space Force Among Most “Significant” Things for America “100 Years from Now”
- “With each researcher that gets knocked down in this high stakes game of Whack-a-mole, the answers to these questions just get more pressing.” Another Duplicitous “Thousand Talents” Participant Is Exposed
- “The Marines want to buy 200 CH-53Ks for $31 billion, or $138.5 million a copy. That’s just the beginning of the extra costs.” New CH-53K Helicopter for Marines Costs a King Stallion’s Ransom
- Robert Spencer: “Reminding us yet again of the most ignored element of the ‘peace process.'” Muslim Cleric Denounces Peace Agreements with Jews
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE BUREAUCRACY, WASTE, FRAUD, ABUSE
- “[Curtis] Sliwa blamed the city’s decision to house hundreds of homeless people in the neighborhood’s hotels for the exodus.” Fleet of Moving Trucks Seen in Manhattan’s Upper West Side: “Mass Evacuation in Full Effect”
- “In opposing a solution with incendiary charges — rather than, say, suing to get these men housed in facilities where they can get the services they so desperately need — Legal Aid is putting ideology ahead of its actual mission. Donors, take note.” Legal Aid Society’s Obscene “Racism” Charge Against the Upper West Side
- “The radical left is getting ready for a Biden presidency and a Democratic Party takeover of the US House and Senate by laying the groundwork for their agenda at the state level. Slavery reparations will be close to the top of the radical’s wish list if Biden wins.”California to Set Up Task Force to Examine Slavery Reparations
- “Reform should be rewarded and not punished by unruly mobs. If the federal government is to succeed in reforming the bureaucracy, real courage is needed, not just window dressing. Pai and DeJoy have dared to make the difficult choices that will benefit taxpayers and consumers.” Like FCC Chairman Pai, Postmaster General DeJoy Must Double Down On Reform Agenda
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “…it has not just been a successful economy for business owners, it has very successful for the employees, for working-class people and I think that’s one of the things, that Donald Trump’s policies have really been, as the Democrats would like to argue that they only benefit the rich, but it simply isn’t true.” Manufacturer: Trump Economic Agenda “Very Successful” for Working Class
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “I love New York!!!!” (sexually). NYPD Arrests Suspect In Attempted Rape At Manhattan Subway Station In Broad Daylight
- Of course, it’s Trump’s fault… 5 Shot in Restaurant in Mayor Lightfoot’s Chicago
- “The message being sent to criminals with all the continued emphasis on “criminal justice reform” is that violence is the answer and crime pays.” Trump Should Embrace the 1994 Anti-Crime Agenda, Not Repudiate It
- Wait, didn’t we spend decades and trillions on banning tobacco? Cuck Schemer: “Senate Must Vote to Decriminalize Marijuana”
- “Black communities around the United States want better interactions with law enforcement, not the abolition of police departments.” Reform, Not Defunding
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- Robert Spencer: “Back in January 2018, the winsome Ms. Hassan set a series of fires on the campus of St. Catherine University in Minnesota, after exhorting Muslim students to “join the jihad in fighting” and join jihad terror groups such as al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or al-Shabaab. Students at St. Catherine University were shocked: but their school is “diverse!” How could this possibly have happened to them?” “Diversity” and “Inclusion” Come Back to Bite a Minnesota University
- “On Thursday, Wisconsin Lutheran College gave an update to their Saturday commencement ceremony that announced the decision to change speakers.” Two Days Before Commencement, Wisconsin College Rescinds Speaking Invitation To Mike Pence
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “The crusade against the pesticide threatens farmers and our food supply.” Progressive Pests Try to Ban Pesticide Chlorpyrifos
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “I feel I have no option but to return the Ripple of Hope Award.” J.K. Rowling Returns Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights Award After Org President Calls Her Statements “Transphobic”
- Get woke, go broke. Report: Dallas Stars CEO: We’re Losing Customers For Supporting Black Lives Matter
- “By skipping games for nebulous political demands, pro athletes threaten to alienate fans and crater their own industry.” Boycotting Themselves Out of Business?
- Yes, that’ll bring the fans back. Report: NFL to Allow Names of Those Killed by Police on Helmet Padding
- Bob Zimmerman: “As a company, Boeing’s bad performance in almost every area in the last year is bad enough. If they are going to lay off thousands and then replace some with workers based merely on racial quotas the company’s future will be worse, since their ability to produce quality airplanes and spacecraft is certain to go down.” Boeing’s CEO Vows to Hire Based on Race, Not Qualifications
- Christian Toto: “Now, the far-left comic is blaming… Trump, not Antifa, for urban riots.”Here’s Everything That’s Wrong with Jim Gaffigan’s Anti-Trump Rant
- “Today’s protesters carry signs claiming that ‘Silence Is Complicity.’ Just stop.” Silence Is OK
- “The rush to judgment increases the divide between themselves and their fans.” (ex-fans – jjs) When NBA, MLB And NHL Players Picked Jacob Blake To Be Their Saint, They Chose Poorly
- Walter Williams: “Guess who practices it the most?” The Taboo Truth About Institutional Racism
- Victor Davis Hanson: “The story of all Dark Ages is that when civilizations finally prefer suicide, they do it easily, and the remnants flock to the countryside to preserve what they can — allowing the cities go on with their ritual self-destruction.” Cultural Suicide Is Painless
HITHER & YON
- “Fact-based drama gives Christian cinema a timely shot in the arm.” Fatima Captures Pain, Power of Staying True to One’s Faith
- “Dismissed by some critics as a needless origin story, HBO’s Perry Mason reboot is exactly the type of high-minded storytelling we need today.” HBO’s Perry Mason is a Welcome Spiritual Allegory For Our Dark Times
- “There are robber barons in our future if we don’t choose to act.” Is Feudalism Our Future?
- “By collapsing the volume of the human world almost to zero in the space of just a few years, we have created a dense and highly reactive state unprecedented in the history of our species.” Our Smaller, Hotter World
- “For a country formed as a marriage between free and slave states, the Constitution was a compromise.” If the Founders Didn’t Compromise On Slavery, the Constitution and United States Wouldn’t Exist
NOTE: The opinions expressed in some links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.
Thanks as always JJ – I found the Pollack article to be very insightful. As someone who lived outside the country for a number of years in the past, I always mentioned to people who wondered about the “divide” in America that is was increasingly and worryingly urban versus rural.
I do think it is easier to be rural because of lack of interaction, but it may also be that we (as a rural person most of time now) value interactions when they happen. I also think urban life has been diminished by the destruction of courtesy and politeness. I don’t fear Houston per se when I visit there, but it has changed to something less comfortable.
I am also quite curious when reading the comments from business people like the Boeing CEO or the Dallas Stars CEO, is it really as innocent as they simply trying to protect the franchise today? If so, they even considered what the next iteration may look like? Strategy is the hardest part of leading any business – are the present dislocations simply too big for most of these so-called “leaders”?
While I have discovered the “horde” are creatures of habit – the is setting their watches by various post times (Art, Gorilla, etc). The territory mined here is too rich for 90-120 minutes – what gives? And full disclosure, was banned this weekend by OM for being a bit sporty with a full on Nazi – not sure I want to go back to AOS so wondering why this isn’t a hot spot? Content is king after all.
People are creatures of habit and I guess they prefer the AOS milieu for commenting and just move from post to post as the day goes by.