Good morning, kids. Autumn has arrived. Well, now that was one helluva Friday surprise, wasn’t it? Before we get to the loin-girding segment of the program, let me just say one thing about the late Ruth Bader Ginsburg. She for sure was one tough old gal, and considering she survived for years after being diagnosed with cancers that are usually 95% fatal and within months or even weeks of diagnosis, that’s pretty damned miraculous. Her family was blessed to have her around and seemingly in relatively good shape despite her ailments. I wish sincere condolences to them on losing her.
But as she was a public figure, her death does not nor should it preclude a civil yet genuine critique of her legacy as a political figure. In that vein I will say she was without doubt, one of the most horrendous jurists to ever sit on the Supreme Court. And that’s no mean feat considering we’ve had some real doozies over the past 231 years, as has been documented by “Great One” Mark Levin in his seminal work Men In Black: How the Supreme Court is Destroying America.
The fact that she was the general counsel for the ACLU should have caused the GOP at the time to reject her out of hand. Okay, you can stop laughing. Funny how litmus tests only go one way, but I digress. In any case, I could go into all the decisions Ginsburg and her fellow hacks have imposed upon all 320 million of us (seemingly forever) in her 27 years on the SCOTUS, but for me it boils to one thing that she said in 2012, in the wake of the so-called “Arab Spring”:
Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg told an Egyptian TV station that she would not recommend the U.S. Constitution as model for Egypt’s new government.
The problem, you see, is that the U.S. Constitution is “a rather old constitution.” Ginsburg suggested that Egyptians should look instead to the Constitution of South Africa or perhaps the European Convention on Human Rights. All these are “much more recent than the U.S. Constitution…”
Equally ridiculous is the claim that the Constitution is too antiquated to apply to the modern world. The principles of the Constitution, although first articulated centuries ago, are not tied to the material conditions of a bygone age. They rest on that most solid and enduring of all foundations: human nature. The Constitution itself contains no policy prescriptions. Rather, it is a short, elegantly written document that create a framework for a free people to confront the political questions of their times.
Of course, the real reason progressives swoon over South Africa’s constitution is that it goes far beyond merely establishing a framework for government and guarantees progressive policies — for example, by requiring legislation that prevents pollution and ecological degradation. In other words, the left’s real discontent with the U.S. Constitution is that it does not require Americans to adopt a progressive government and expansive welfare state that provides for every “right” social scientists can justify.
Americans should be very wary of those who would seek to upend the Constitution from the firm grounding in human nature that has allowed it to endure for more than two centuries and would transform it into an instrument devoted to policies of passing whimsy.
And this is precisely what Ginsburg and her fellow travelers on SCOTUS and in every other court in the land where they still sit have dedicated their allegiance to. They abrogated their oath to preserve, protect and defend that sacred document in favor of pushing the Democrat Party agenda as a de facto unofficial, unelected legislative body; an agenda that could never or rarely move forward via normal political processes and elections. This is why Supreme Court vacancies are fought for unto the death. At least that is what the Democrats do; and their nominees are never to be questioned and the GOP must approve of them as a common courtesy – one that is never ever given back.
That is Ruth Bader-Ginsburg’s legacy; reliable Leftist rubber stamp and in her later years bilious, self-righteous and haughty.
And that leaves us with a vacancy on the court with just 43 days until a national election. In terms of the law, as is noted in at least two of the links below, there is no Constitutional proscription against a sitting president nominating a candidate and the Senate voting to seat said nominee in an election year. In fact, from my understanding (and I could be wrong) of history, the founders wanted any vacancies filled as soon as possible. But, of course, we all know how the left feels about the founders, though presumable they insisted on seating Merrick Garland four years ago in the waning hours of the Obama Reign of Error.
Honestly, I could care fuck all for the cries of “hypocrisy!” from the Left, which is SOP for them. Let’s just drop the pretense and bullshit; we know they need the court to stymie the MAGA agenda – which is an American revival agenda – and G-d forbid expand and consolidate their power should they ever be in the driver’s seat. Let’s just call them on it and get it out in the open, sensibilities and feelings be damned. Hell, the masks are dropped already so why pretend anymore? By the way, polling shows a very large percentage of Americans favor filling the vacancy even in an election year, for what that’s worth.
On a positive note, President Trump and Mitch McConnell have both openly signaled that a nomination will be put forward this week and that a vote is going to be held. It looks like it’s going to be a woman and aside from Amy Coney Barrett, there are two others that are in the running, Stephanie Davis and Barbara Lagoa. Hopefully the Constitutionalist “dogma is strong” with all of them.
Now the negative notes: first the Democrats are absolutely out of their minds with rage, as if they could get any more enraged, at the prospect of Trump going forward with a nomination. Aside from the usual threats to pack the court as well as go for Puerto Rican and DC statehood, which would yield them four more Democrat Senators, Malig-Nancy Pelosi is even threatening, you guessed it, impeachment of the President and AG William Barr because, impeach! Oh wait a second – been there, done that. And there are actual threats of violence and rioting. Still doing that. Bug-eyed, bucktoothed, big-boobed Bolshevik boob Alexandria Donkey-Chompers is braying even more revolutionary bilge:
“Let this moment radicalize you,” Ocasio-Cortez said. “Let this moment really put everything into stark focus because this election has always been about the fight of and for our lives. And if anything, tonight is making that more clear to more people than ever before.”
Late in her address, she told followers things won’t be back to normal, even if Biden emerges victorious in November.
“I’m sorry to tell you we’re not going back to brunch!” Ocasio-Cortez proclaimed.
She’s a friggin’ imbecile but she’s a dangerous imbecile because thousands of equally dim bulbs hang on her every “like,” “um,” and “y’know.”
And then there’s the real threat; the backstabbing Deep State Globalist stooges on our side of the aisle. Alaskan Snowblower Lisa Murkowski, who got her seat by stealing it back from Joe Miller after she lost her primary, and Maine Pain Susan Collins are openly balking at voting to fill the vacancy. Although Pee-Air Defecto Romney has remained silent so far, no doubt he is warming up his McCain thumb to stick it in the eye of the American people. Whatever Mitch McConnell can do to force these recalcitrant RINO rejects to get in line, I hope he’s doing it. As an aside, I wonder what Joe’s Man-Chin is thinking about now. Meh, he’s with the Leftists.
So that leaves us with the possibility that Trump cannot get a nominee confirmed before the election, or even after the election if the votes are still being counted days or weeks later (puke). And that is the biggest reason the Dems are digging in their heels – they were relying on Ginsburg and quite possibly Cheap Justice Roberts to deliver the presidency to Biden and the Democrats. Now, even with an eight justice SCOTUS, given the magnitude of the case, there is no way that Roberts would let a lower court decision be the final be-all-end-all. Will he vote to make it 5-3 Trump or G-d forbid Biden? I’ve heard compelling analysis that he would in fact vote to preserve Trump but who the hell knows? And then there’s Gorsuch who’s proven to be a flake (pun intended) of late.
Again, it all depends on our side showing up to the polls and voting like we’ve never voted before to overcome the cheat factor. And this year it’s going to be bigger than ever for sure.
And by the way, if please G-d Trump does win, a constitutional amendment via Article V convention of the states to reverse any SCOTUS decision by two thirds majority of states should be pushed. Hard.* * * * * *
– Elsewhere of note, a woman has been arrested who is alleged to have sent an envelope with ricin to the President.
– A Nebraska bar owner who had been indicted by a grand jury after being shown to have acted in self-defense in the shooting of a “protester,” has committed suicide rather than face what Kyle Rittenhouse may very well face.* * * * * *
Finally, the Morning Report turns four this week. Wow. Just want to say thanks to the co-bloggers for their support and for the perpetual birthday wishes and fantastic discourse from all the commenters. Trolls and Stormfronters notwithstanding.
Please be sure to hit Ace’s tip jar and head over to my site and hit mine. Okay, have at it.
ABOVE THE FOLD, NOTEWORTHY, BREAKING
- “The woman is suspected to be the sender of a letter intercepted on its way to the White House containing the deadly poison, ricin. The letter was addressed to President Donald Trump.” AP: Suspect Accused of Sending Ricin Poison to White House Arrested at Canada Border
- “The Douglas County Attorney Don Kleine had concluded that Gardner acted in self-defense and therefore did not file charges. Just days ago, however, a grand jury decided to indict the bar owner.” Report: Omaha Bar Owner Who Fatally Shot Protester Indicted, Commits Suicide
- “Since 2015, George Soros has pumped tens of millions of dollars into local races in Texas, Colorado, California, Oregon, Washington, Florida, and New York, as well as swing states.”Why Aren’t We Allowed To Talk About George Soros’ Plan To Remake America?
- “It’s a battlefield where conservatives have to meet force with equal or greater force, lest everything else they fight for, and all their victories, are nullified.” Waging Lawfare Against the Left
- “Kendi’s research center got hundreds of thousands for projects that never materialized; now he’s aiming higher.” Billionaires Buy Ibram Kendi’s Woke Promises, But He Doesn’t Deliver
RUTH BADER-MEINHOFF SCOTUS VACANCY
- “Most likely a woman.” Trump Expects To Announce SCOTUS Nominee “Next Week”
- “Keep your powder dry.” McConnell Tells GOP Senators to be Cautious About Taking a Position On SCOTUS Nomination
- Portman, Blunt and Cramer are on board. Pee Air Defecto is silent but probably warming up his McCain thumb. Cocaine Mitch has to put a rhetorical gun to Mitt, Murkowski and Collins heads on this. McConnell Gets Key Republican Senators to Support Filling SCOTUS Vacancy
- “My position has not changed.” (Alaskans, please. I’m begging you. – jjs) Alaskan Snow-Blower Murkowski Confirms She Opposes Replacing Ginsburg Before Election
- “They aren’t taking it well. And while they’ve done their rioting act already, they expect they can pull it off again.” text
- Michael Anton: “This is no time for Senate Republicans to go wobbly.” Confirm a Justice Now
- William A. Jacobson: “Republicans and Trump voters want Republicans and Trump to fight. The best way to demoralize Republican and Trump voters is to not fight for this.”#FillTheSeat Before Election Day
- Angelo Codevilla: “Nominate, confirm, and let the people judge.” Democracy’s Logic Demands a Nomination and a Vote
- Great One Mark Levin: “What the Democrats want to do is sabotage this entire process.”Levin Warns on SCOTUS Vacancy
- More from the Great One. “Diabolical Institution”: Mark Levin Slams Democrat Party For Scheme To Pack Supreme Court
- “‘Twenty-nine times there has been a vacancy in a presidential election year. Presidents have made nominations all 29 times. That’s what presidents do. If there’s a vacancy, they make a nomination.'” Cruz Decimates Democrats’ Demands For No SCOTUS Confirmation In An Election Year
- “There’s nothing in politics — or, more importantly, in the U.S. Constitution — that says Republicans can’t or shouldn’t replace Ginsburg prior to this November.” Ignore the Polling on Who Should Replace Ginsburg
- “And there you have it.” Poll Reveals a Majority of Americans Support Filling SCOTUS Vacancy in an Election Year
- “Events are moving fast, and new information is dribbling out almost hourly. But the odds favor Barbara Lagoa to replace the late Ruth Bader Ginsburg.” A Nomination to Confound and Confirm
- “10 reasons Trump might pick her to fill RBG’s robes.” Stephanie Davis and the Supremes
- “President Trump has the right nominee at the right moment in American history.” Amy Barrett — Immediately, If Not Sooner
DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST REACTION, THREATS
- “‘If McConnell jams someone through, which he will, there will be riots,’ warned Washington Post freelancer Laura Bassett, ‘more, bigger riots.’ Yes, because there already are riots, arson, looting, assaults, intimidation and even murder from degenerate leftists using violence to get their own way.” Liberals on a Dose of Lunacy to Protect Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Seat
- “Well, we have our options. We have arrows in our quiver that I’m not about to discuss right now.” Malig-Nancy Pelosi Refuses To Rule Out Trump, Barr Impeachment To Disrupt Supreme Court Nomination
- “For the first time… you have to block the continuing resolution that funds the government and just let it shut down.” Tubby Reiefenstahl Moore Urges Malig-Nancy Pelosi to Shut Down Government to Block GOP from Filling Ginsburg’s Seat
- “Obama, then-vice president Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton, then-Senate minority leader Harry Reid (D., Nev.) and Senate Democrats ripped Republicans, who were in control of the Senate, for their decision not to consider Garland.” FLASHBACK: Democrats Demand Merrick Garland Get Senate Vote in Election Year
- “Ginsburg herself pushed back against the idea of packing the court when asked about it last year.” Democrats Threaten To Pack Court If Republicans Vote On Ginsburg Replacement This Year
- “They aren’t taking it well. And while they’ve done their rioting act already, they expect they can pull it off again.” The Left Threatens Death, Destruction and Fire if President Trump Dares Nominate a Replacement for RBG on SCOTUS
- “The Democrat also argued against putting out a list of potential nominees as Trump has done.” Goofy Joey Biden: Senate Should Not Act on Trump’s Supreme Court Nominee Until After the Election
- “He must release a list of justices for people to properly make a decision as to how they will vote,” said Trump, adding: “It is very important that he do so.” Biden Against Releasing SCOTUS List, Says It “Could Influence That Person’s Decision-Making”
- “A vigil speaker declared that her organization and its allies would do whatever it takes to keep the Senate from holding hearings on a new Trump nominee, no matter who it is.” In DC, Ruth Bader Ginsburg Vigil Speakers Prep For Kavanaugh 2.0
OTHER OBSERVATIONS, ANALYSIS
- “Now, go back to your basement.” Sorry, Mr. Biden: The Voters Did Pick Who Should Fill the SCOTUS Vacancy
- “Chief Justice John Roberts has proved that he is perfectly willing to join with the Left in some cases. But despite bellyaching from the right, Roberts has been a fairly consistent conservative vote on most issues — especially issues dealing with voting access.” How Ginsburg’s Death Gives an Advantage to Republicans in the Supreme Court
- “The simple fact is that, for much of the last half-century, the Supreme Court has leaned liberal, regularly creating new rights in accord with progressive beliefs. The left has grown used to winning in the courts what it doesn’t have the votes to pass through Congress. It’s now on the verge of losing that advantage, at least until the next seat falls vacant. But that arrangement was decided by the history of elections, not the way things are somehow ‘meant to be.'” Dems’ Fury Over Next SCOTUS Betrays Their Historical Ignorance
- “According to Senate records, Justices Ginsburg, John Paul Stevens, and Sandra Day O’Connor were all confirmed in a short period of time.” Three Supreme Court Justices Were Confirmed In Less Than 45 Days, Including Ginsburg
- “Why progressives are so eager to dismantle the Constitution.” Don’t Go Wobbly, Senate Republicans
- “In the already high-stakes world of the 2020 elections, the stakes just got higher.”Ginsburg’s Death Reveals the Democrats’ No-Limit Casino of Doom
- “Republicans have no choice but to move ahead with a nomination, hearings, and vote.” The Death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Left Now Will Pay Price for Turning Courts into Political Battlefield
- “It’s time Republicans started acting like winners. Acknowledge that the court is now a legislature and act accordingly.” A Modest Proposal for Imposing Republican Will on the Court
CIVIL WAR 2.0: LEFTIST REIGN OF TERROR, WAR ON POLICE
- “These politicians that wanna say we need more gun laws, we need this, we need that, do me a favor: just stop talking.” Rochester, NY PD Capt. Unloads On Dem Policies Following Mass Shooting: “Going To Vomit” If I Hear One More Politician Talk Gun Laws
- “Fuck you, pigs!” one rioter shouted as a group of rioters lit the flag on fire. Another hinted at violently attacking the police by chanting, “Black lives matter! Blue lives splatter!”Portland Antifa Rioters Break Into Starbucks and Chipotle, Calling It a “Big Sale”
- “Alvin Gary Shaw, 33, was taken into custody on suspicion of elder abuse, assault with a deadly weapon, and battery after allegedly assaulting three people at the rally Wednesday night in Aliso Viejo.” Man Arrested After Punching 84-Year-Old Woman, Attacking Others At Trump Rally
- “(the county attorney) received complaints from citizens, according to KMTV, and he agreed to appoint special prosecutor.” Grand Jury Indicts Omaha Man Who Shot BLM Attacker
- “As far as a long-term plan I don’t have one. I have lost 30% of my street officers since the end of May. Budget cuts from [Chinese] COVID-19 and an additional 1.5 million from the council in August we have let go 17 CSO’s and cancelled a recruit class of 29.” Minneapolis Police Warn Business Owners “Reinforcements” To Help Handle Violence “Aren’t Coming Any Time Soon”
- “This current round of riots, looting, shaming, and anarchy isn’t about a worthy social cause, it is about people getting their way.” The E Generation Acts Out in the Streets
- “From Jane Fonda to Clara Kraebbe, spoiled rich children find it easy to play at rebellion.”Heiresses on the Barricades
- “These frauds were given more than they could ask for in life. Yet we’re supposed to feel sorry for them while ignoring the deaths of poor kids in our cities — brought about by the anti-police policies championed by these snot-nosed brats.” Don’t Shed a Single Tear for the Suffering of Sorority Marxists – They’ve Earned It
CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS, FACTS AND AMERICA IMPRISONED
- “That would be roughly two-thirds of the country.” Goofy Joey Biden Claims 200 Million Americans Have Died from Chinese Coronavirus
- “Though I am leery of conspiracy theories, I have always suspected that the release of the virus may have been intended as a weapon, not against the United States, a divided nation, but against China’s most formidable enemy, Donald Trump.” Did China Concoct Chinese COVID-19 Just to Sabotage Trump’s Reelection?
- “I doubt whether people are dropping dead from having been vaccinated by Sputnik 5, but it could be proving less effective than most nations would hope.” Russia Approves First Chinese Coronavirus Prescription Drug as Distribution of Its Vaccine Hits “Inexplicable” Lull
- “The new rule orders all residents to undergo quarantine if they test positive for [Chinese] COVID-19 — or even if they are traced to have had contact with someone who tests positive. The rule takes effect Sept. 28.” UK To Fine Quarantine-Breakers Up To $13,000
- “And how about a new Mask exchange, and mask subsidies, and…” Will Goofy Joey Biden Propose A Mask Mandate Penalty Tax, Too?
- He noted that there are three companies developing “somewhat different variations” of the vaccine so far. Trump: Vaccine to Be Distributed 24 Hrs. After Approval, Enough for Everyone by April
- Michelle Malkin: “Masks off. Fight on. This is the American way. Americans Against Unconstitutional Mask Mandates
JOE BIDEN’S 50-YEAR RAP SHEET
- “Totaling $9,500, the sum appears to confirm the findings of a recent U.S. intelligence report insisting the Chinese Communist Party is attempting to secure a Biden victory.” Biden Camp Gets Thousands From Chinese Communist Party Employees, Including TikTok
- “Joe Biden has raked in eight times more cash from residents on Park Avenue than President Donald Trump.” Joe Biden Knocks Park Avenue Despite His Campaign Raking In Over $1 Million From Wall Street Donors
DEMOCRAT-LEFTIST SCANDALS, CRIMES, CHUTZ-POCRISY, MESHUGAS
- “Michigan Democrat Rep. Elissa Slotkin pledged on CNN not to go home without a deal in Congress to pass another round of coronavirus stimulus.” Democrat Congresswoman Spotted in Airport After Pledging Not to Go Home Without Deal on Stimulus
- “Christy Smith declined to vote on bill easing punishment for statutory rape, among others.”CA Dem Abstains from Voting on Controversial Bills Amid Congressional Run
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “AMP serves as a coordinator and crucial link among numerous anti-Israel groups. Yet its activities, including lobbying, are not well-known.” Investigation: Radical “American Muslims for Palestine” Congressional Lobbying Week
PHONY DEMOCRAT ELECTION-STEALING POSTAL SERVICE SWINDLE, ELECTION FRAUD IN GENERAL
- “A full 60%, meanwhile, believe at least some fraud will occur.” POLL: Just 22% of Americans Think 2020 Presidential Election Will Be “Free and Fair”
POLITICS, 2020 ELECTION
- “This campaign is powered by real Americans who are motivated by raw enthusiasm for President Trump and a genuine belief in his agenda,” RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said.GOP Breaks Record by Raising $67.6 Million in August
- “The dimmer bulbs in the Dem chandelier are openly stating their intention to pack the Supreme Court should the party win the Senate and the Oval Office.” Dems Have Just Handed Courtpacking as a Big Election Issue for the GOP
- “The Biden Hoax is the crudest of the hoaxes yet perpetrated by Democrats and the left.”The Biden Hoax
- “The [Soros] group’s comeback signals that national Democrats may be looking to chip away at a longtime Republican stronghold. Democrats have insisted they can flip some southern states, such as Texas and Georgia, and have started funneling resources into the region.”Progressive Group Previously Linked to Democracy Alliance Re-Launches to Elect Democrats in the South
- “Trump has been called the most pro-life president in history. That, along with his appeals to faith, family, and patriotism are very attractive to more devout Catholics.” American Catholics Moving to Support Trump
- Victor Davis Hanson: “Will the return of the Democrat nominee preserve his fourth-quarter eroding lead?” A Woke Joe Biden Ends His Hibernation
- “Will Sleepy Joe even show? Will he be slow? Can he pull it off even with the lowest bar imaginable? How will the media spin it?” How Trump Can Win the Election “Bigly”
- “Joe Biden’s campaign team is not door-knocking due to [Chinese] COVID-19 fears, and some Democrats are beginning to get anxious, especially in swing states.” Biden’s Campaign is Too Nervous to Door-Knock in a Pandemic, Leaving Some Democrats Panicked
- “If the Democrats lose just a sliver of the urban black vote they’re toast. Their terrible handling of this issue may cost them more than just a sliver.” This Issue Poll May Say More About the Presidential Election Than Any Other
- “Polish-Americans know well the deprivation, oppression and thuggery of Marxism and know they can help defeat the current domestic surge of Marxist revolutionaries by turning out in record numbers.” Polish-American Voters May Be Key To Reelecting Trump
- “Unlike pontificating career politicians pandering to the radical left, Trump doesn’t talk at his supporters. He talks to them.” Small-Town Wisconsin Loves Trump, and It’s Obvious Why
- Klacik’s Charm City charm offensive. Kim Klacik Releases Powerful New Ad; Explains How She’ll Transform Baltimore if Elected
- “In New York City’s one swing congressional district, law and order has become the central issue.” In New York City, the GOP Makes a Stand for Law and Order
- “The dogs bark, the Trump caravan moves on.” Cut the Chaff
- “May Ruth Bader Ginsburg rest in peace. May the rest of us work towards peace through the vindication of the principles of 1776.” Ginsburg’s Death Brings Referendum on Communism and Revolution Into Focus
- “The Left has co-opted the anger of the disaffected. The Right needs to figure out who its friends are, play to win, and devote its energies to community-wide organizing that goes beyond electoral politics.” Rage For the Machine
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “Twenty-four winners of the Turing Award, considered the Nobel Peace Prize for computer science, have endorsed Biden on the premise that the former vice president will allow the tech industry to import more foreign workers, specifically those on H-1B visas, to fill coveted U.S. jobs.” Tech Elites Endorse Joe Biden to Secure More Foreign Workers for U.S. Jobs
- “On Friday, DHS responded, assuring Omar that, not only does the department take the novel [Chinese] coronavirus seriously, but that the 39 potential deportees she was protecting put Americans at risk if they remain in the country.” Bro-Fo Omar/Nur Demands ICE Halt Deportations Over Chinese COVID Concerns. DHS Responds: Deportees Include Murderer, Rapist, Terrorism Supporter
FIRST AMENDMENT, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER
- “Americans need to hold the big tech companies accountable and take away their monopoly powers so they no longer have the opportunity to abuse them.” Ted Cruz vs. Big Tech
- “Religious Freedom will be center stage when the President nominates the next justice to the Supreme Court.” San Francisco Archbishop Demands That Political Leaders “Free the Mass”
- “The article is replete with personal attacks on Attorney General Barr and President Trump, insisting the two are ‘kindred souls’ on the subject of ‘poorly calculated, shocking, and totally insensitive remarks.'” Chinese State Media Promotes The Far Left “1619 Project”
- “Tech outlets like Facebook rely increasingly on third-party fact-checkers to determine what content is allowed on their platforms. Here’s a look at how those fact-checkers do business.”PolitiFact Disqualifies Itself In Debate Over Ad On Girl’s Sports
- “No one who was familiar with Aslan’s writings should have been terribly surprised by his Friday night tweet, which some would justifiably describe as an explicit threat of physical violence.” The Loathsomeness of Reza Aslan
- Robert Spencer: “Leftists vow to burn America, but what’s their plan for after that?” RGB Dies, and for the Left, It’s the Fire This Time
- “I have put my life on hold for five years to report, with video evidence, the trafficking of aborted infants that I and others witnessed at the highest levels of Planned Parenthood and the abortion industry. It is time for Planned Parenthood to face the truth.” IT’S ON: Undercover Journalist Behind Baby Body Parts Scandal Sues Planned Parenthood for Defamation
HISTORIC TRUMP-BROKERED MIDDLE EAST PEACE DEAL
- “The Abraham Accords are a textbook example of how Donald Trump gets things done.”President Trump’s Three Steps to the Abraham Accords
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “The renewal of these sanctions comes after months of last-ditch diplomatic efforts by the Trump administration to ensure a United Nations ban on Iran’s purchase of advanced weapons was not lifted.” All International Sanctions on Iran Re-Implemented, Killing Nuclear Deal
- Iran’s IRGC chief: “Mr. Trump! Our revenge for martyrdom of our great general is obvious, serious and real.” Iran Renews Terror Threats Against the U.S. Over Slain Terrorist Soleimani
- “Russia, Iran, Pakistan, and China among supporters.” U.N. Resolution Singles Out Israel for Women’s Rights Abuses
- “[Arab-Israeli Abraham Accords] I think is the most significant political event I have seen in years. This president has ended the appeasement of the Iranian regime for 40 years.” Four-Star General: Trump Ending Iran Appeasement Could End Regime
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “House Dems block bill to crack down on regime-sponsored Confucius Institutes.” Malig-Nancy Pelosi Stonewalls Bill That Would Crack Down on Chinese Influence in U.S.
- “Donald Trump gave his blessing for Oracle, Inc. to purchase the U.S. operations of the popular social media platform TikTok. Also taking a piece was Walmart, Inc.” Trump Approves TikTok Deal, Temporarily Averting a Ban
- “The group of plaintiffs that filed a lawsuit believe that the order would infringe upon their First Amendment rights. In her injunction order, U.S. Magistrate Judge Laurel Beeler argued that the plaintiffs have sufficiently established the necessary elements to establish their claim.” 9th Circus Hack-in-Black Blocks Order to Ban China’s WeChat
- Raymond Ibrahim: “If criticism of Muhammad cannot be rebutted, it must be silenced.” (the original “cancel culture” – jjs) Blasphemy: Islam’s Achilles Heel
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE BUREAUCRACY, WASTE, FRAUD, ABUSE
- “In their never-ending quest for hate crimes, progressive advocates may soon find a new constituency.” Homing the Homeless Through Hate Crime Statutes?
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “Another signature shortage of socialism, and why the heck does China control the global paprika supply?” So, What Happened to All the Missing Paprika on the Store Shelves?
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “Any letter carrier who does not feel safe in any one of these communities then they are not to deliver mail and customers have to pick up their mail. We are not going to have another situation where the letter carrier is shot down.” (might foul up Democrat cheat by mail voter fraud, no – jjs) Chicago Mail Carriers Threaten To Stop Delivering Mail If City Fails To Control Violence
- “The experts said departments rely on a concept known as the ‘use of force continuum,’ where officers gradually escalate their tactics if a suspect is not complying with directives.”“Very Low Level,” “The Worst”: Traditional Police Use Of Force Training Is Lacking, Law Enforcement Experts Say
- “‘If you want to be loved,’ said the instructor on my first day in the police academy, ‘you should have joined the fire department.’ It was almost 40 years ago that this bit of wisdom was imparted to me, and rare is the rookie cop who hasn’t heard it since or who won’t hear it in the future. Assuming, that is, there will be any more rookie cops.” The Virus Made Them Do It
- “Harvard was previously arrested Sept. 5 on charges of criminal mischief for allegedly hurling a metal bench through a bus window on 8th Avenue and 22nd street, according to sources and records. He was released without bail in that case.” Suspected Subway Saboteur Charged for Causing Train Derailment: NYPD
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- Roger Kimball: “There are many signs, including the announcement of the 1776 Commission, that the conscience of the country is awakening.” Americans Know What Time It Is
- “The Department of Education calls the university’s bluff.” Show Us Your Systemic Racism, Princeton
- “Be careful how you pander to the mob: By confessing at length to “systemic racism” at Princeton University, President Christopher Eisgruber just bought himself a civil-rights investigation.” Betsy DeVos’ Epic Trolling of Princeton Serves a Real Purpose
- “The inevitable and grotesque endpoint of ‘cancel culture.'” Trying to Purge Skidmore Faculty in Student-Run, Anti-Racism Hysteria
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “Who better to blame for wildfires than the president?” Big Orange Man Make Big Orange Sky
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “Satchuel Cole, an Indianapolis racial justice activist, apologized on Wednesday for misrepresenting her racial identity.” Here’s a List of White Liberals Caught Pretending to be Black
- “Mike Gonzalez’s new book, The Plot to Change America, provides penetrating analysis of the inherent dangers of identity politics, as well as ways to fight its creeping influence.”How To Foil The Plot to Change America
- “The political bit at the Emmys come as Democrat continue to push voting by mail, with several states mailing voters ballots. It’s estimated that some 75 percent of Americans will be eligible to vote by mail in the presidential election.” Emmys: Actor Anthony Carrigan Pushes Vote By Mail with Jimmy Kimmel
- “New ‘diversity’ rules may actually make matters worse in an industry craving change.” The Oscar’s Cynical Affirmative Action Won’t Satisfy Anyone
- Lloyd Billingsley: “Intel on his forthcoming opus.” Obama’s Guide to A Promised Land
HITHER & YON
- “A seventy-year-old book about immigrant Americans still resonates in a new century.” A Tree Still Grows
- “It doesn’t go away for a reason.” The Presence of the Past
- “Challenger: The Final Flight successfully tackles the anticipation, tragedy, and recovery involving the defining national event of a generation.” Netflix’s Challenger: The Final Flight Faithfully Honors American Heroes
NOTE: The opinions expressed in some links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.
IMHO that DJT, if reelected, and with a Republican Senate should immediately move to ADD SIX MORE SEATS to the U.S. Supreme Court, and nominate constitutional originalists to fill these additional six seats. . This will circumvent a future Democrat from doing the same. Hardball politics wins the long game.
I would love to see an Article V process that involves passing Mark Levin’s proposal of allowing 2/3rd majority of states to overturn any SCOTUS decision.
I agree, Levin is on point, as he always is, but there are too many wavering RINOs in the senate. We need a 60 seat cushion in the senate to get it done.