Good morning, kids. Tuesday and in the lead, the House has moved on two major bills. First, it voted to raise the Chinese COVID payment to President Trump’s level of $2,000 per person and second, it overrode a Trump veto of the Defense Bill. With the former, a majority of Republicans voted against the increase and with the later it seems as if the same majority also voted against the President. As with all these bills, much of them are larded up with pork or have all kinds of insanity hidden within the hundreds if not thousands of pages. With the Defense bill, part of Trump’s objection was the renaming of military bases named after notable members of the Confederacy and more crucially, Big Tech censorship:
Trump also said that the NDAA “fails even to make any meaningful changes to Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act” and “includes language that would require the renaming of certain military installations.” Trump said Section 230 must be repealed.
“Section 230 facilitates the spread of foreign disinformation online, which is a serious threat to our national security and election integrity,” Trump wrote Wednesday. “It must be repealed.”
On a positive note, Josh Hawley has indicated that Mitch McYertle will bring these bills to the floor of the Senate for a vote and that killing Section 230 is still on the table. On the negative side, is the fact that so many Republicans are opposing the President. It’s not surprising but disgusting nevertheless. Frankly, I’ve had it with this illusion of comity, regular order and process. It doesn’t exist. We’re not only in a post-Constitutional America, we’re on the verge of being in a post-AmericaAmerica and these bastards in the GOP, at the federal, state and local level had the power to stop all this madness and refused – not just the theft of the election but the theft of our civil rights under the pretext of a health crisis that itself was the pretext to lay the groundwork for the theft of the election.
Don’t get me wrong; we’ve now added trillions more debt to the already impossibly huge, Weimar Republic-level national debt that was already in place 10 months ago when this madness happened. Hindsight being 20/20 (no pun), these lockdowns should never have been allowed to happen. It was every bit a political instrument of sabotage as everything else thrown at President Trump these past four years. Except the saboteurs came in a Trojan horse of lab coats and stethoscopes and so the deception was understandably effective as we all now realize.
On a separate and not unrelated note, Louie “Go-Go” Gohmert filed a lawsuit at, or against, VP Mike Pence that instructs him to do his constitutional duty in using his plenary power to reject the Biden electors from the six disputed states and install the Trump slate.
“The 2020 presidential election was one we’d expect to see in a banana republic, not the United States of America. In fact, the rampant fraud and unconstitutional actions that took place were so egregious that seven contested states — Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, New Mexico, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin all sent dueling slates of electors to Congress,” Gohmert said in a statement.
“This puts Vice President Mike Pence in a position where some argue he has to choose between morality and the law. That is not the case,” Gohmert continued.
The author of the essay I linked yesterday was unequivocal in his declaration that Pence already has the authority to do what Gohmert’s suit is forcing him to do. Considering he, Gohmert, was a judge and someone who has more than a passing knowledge of the Constitution and electoral procedures, I’m not sure I get what this is all about. Perhaps it’s a pre-emptive move to give the VP legal cover. In any case, given the state of our judiciary, and the fact that January 6th is only eight days away, it seems to reek of desperation.
That said, it certainly looks as if we have a least one Senator and one Representative who are going to object to recognizing the results from the Electoral College, so that is going to trigger a debate. Yet given the nature of the GOP, the outcome of that is certainly not a lead pipe cinch. Far from it. So, like yesterday, Mike Pence – seemingly – holds the fate of this nation in his hands.
As of yet, there has been no storm, no Kraken. Trump has followed the Constitution, making legal arguments up to and including the U.S. Supreme Court. What Vice President Pence does when it is time to again follow the Constitution and certify the Electoral College votes is to be determined.
Will a massive declassification of criminal and seditious activities subdue the Democrats? Will Trump win without a bloody battle? Time will tell.
At this point, it’s a binary choice. Either Trump is in over his head and will be dragged out of office. Or he is executing his plan, on his terms and timing, as he has done since his famous escalator ride at Trump Tower in 2015.
Trump knows the stakes for himself, his family, and America if Kamala Harris and Joe Biden get the keys to the kingdom and promptly hand them over to China. Want to bet against Trump? How has that worked out in the past?…
…Is Trump unprepared? Au contraire. Listen to Oprah interviewing him in 1988, more than 30 years ago. He looks younger but sounds the same as he does now, speaking of China, immigration, and electoral politics. Trump has been preparing for this moment most of his adult life.
Buckle up for an interesting few weeks ahead.
You can say that again.
THE 2020 DEMOCRAT ELECTION HEIST
- “The group filed the lawsuit against Pence in his capacity as vice president in a federal Texas court. The lawsuit reportedly asks for the judge to overturn Trump’s losses in battleground states.” Rep. Louie Gohmert, Group of Republicans Sue Pence in Last-Ditch Effort to Overturn Presidential Election
- “There are plenty of good reasons to support the president.” Stop Calling Trump’s Election Challenge Supporters Hypocrites
- “We’re now in a direct voting system, the Constitution be damned.” How Democrats Are Sneakily Destroying the Electoral College
- “These lawyers are true patriots who are fighting for the truth and, obviously, getting very close. AG should be sanctioned. Fight on!” Michigan AG Wants to Sanction Attorneys Over Election Fraud Lawsuits. Trump Responds
- Isn’t this really the story of Democrat-Socialism? Attendee of Warlock Warnock Church Camp Says Supervisors Doused Him in Urine, Made Him Sleep Outside
- “This is also the record for the most raised in two months.” Democrat Jon Ossoff Raised Nearly Six Times More in California than Georgia
- “CCP outlet has rebuffed Justice Dept order to register as foreign agent.” Ossoff Promoted Chinese Propaganda Outlet After Stint as “National Security Aide”
- “Is he oblivious to an oncoming freight train in Georgia next week?” McConnell on the Track
- “A loss in Georgia could mean permanently changing the political landscape for conservatives — something we cannot risk.” The Georgia Runoff Election Is Ground Zero for America.
* * * * *
- “It’s headed that way.” Will Washington, DC Lock Out Trump Supporters on January 6th?
- “President Trump is an avid reader of the ancient Chinese military philosopher.” Is Nothing Happening? Or is Trump is Channeling Sun Tzu?
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- “Nashville is still struggling in the aftermath of the Christmas Day bombing that injured three people, damaged dozens of buildings including an AT&T network hub, and caused days-long communication service outages.” 5 Things to Know About Anthony Quinn Warner, Nashville Christmas Bombing Suspect
- “Dubbed ‘Professor Lockdown’ by many for his contributions to swaying the British government to adopt stringent lockdown measures, [Niall] Ferguson ultimately stepped down from the SAGE board after he violated his own lockdown protocols.” Top Pandemic Scientist Admits Emulating Communist Chinese Model To Strip Civil Liberties Away
- “If it seems that you have been hearing or reading the term ‘Christian Nationalism,’ or one of its obscure variants like ‘Christian Dominionist,’ a lot more often recently, it’s because you have.” “Christian Nationalism” is the Left’s Latest Weapon for Excluding 74 Million Americans From the Public Square
- “It’s been a hard year but at least we know, beyond all doubt, that our elites despise us and will do anything to expand their power.” 5 Big Things We Learned About Our Elites In 2020
- The projection and gall of this fatuous, fat fraud is just off the charts. Tank Abrams: GOP Doesn’t “Know How to Win Without Voter Suppression”
- Pataki went on to describe three steps he would take if he were governor again, including reopening indoor dining at 25%, opening schools, and not raising taxes, before criticizing the state’s current leadership for reversing “the criminal justice policies that I put in place that made New York the safest big state in America.'” Former Gov. George Pataki: “New York Has Just Been Horribly Misgoverned”
- “House Speaker goes full lunatic on Wolf Blitzer.” Video: Malig-Nancy Pelosi’s Bizarre Meltdown on CNN
- “The ruling political class will always present itself as the savior to all those unknowingly and adversely affected by problems it created in the first place.” The Democrats’ Road to Hell
- “Smart conservatives think any Biden presidency can be overcome. Will it?” What Will “Breaking Biden” Bring?
- Daniel Greenfield: “The elites can steal an election. But they can’t steal a movement.”Person of the Year — The Disenfranchised American Voter
CIVIL WAR 2.0: LEFTIST REIGN OF TERROR, WAR ON POLICE, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- “Cross issuing an obvious call to violence still has not been censored by Twitter. The Arrested Development star later accused ‘MAGA chuds’ of engaging in the same kind of ‘violent fantasy trolling.'” Arrested Development Star David Cross Responds to Biden’s Call For Unity: “Fuck That. I Want Blood”
- “Prior to the judge’s decision, Gardner defended her use of the McCloskey case in her fundraising emails by citing criticisms directed at her by Republicans such as President Trump and Missouri Sen. Josh Hawley. She also accused the McCloskeys of turning their case into ‘political theater.’ St. Louis Prosecutor Fighting to Stay on McCloskey Case After Judge Booted Her for Appearing “Political”
- Probably another fake hate crime to extort and/or swindle money from taxpayers and suckers. Statue of Breonna Taylor Found Vandalized, “Chunks Missing”
DEMOCRAT-LEFTIST SCANDALS, CRIMES, CHUTZ-POCRISY, MESHUGAS
- “The medical examiner has not determined the cause of death.” Jeffrey Epstein’s Last Cellmate Died in November After Catching Chinese COVID-19
- “Lying is an integral part of leftism, because the leftist mindset is not about truth but about power and control.” The Hilaria Hoax
BIDEN CRIME FAMILY REVELATIONS
- “A newly released video from Ukraine provides more details about how millions of dollars from the Ukrainian people ended up in Biden family bank accounts.” Ukraine Press Conference Explicitly Ties Hunter and Joe Biden to Corruption
CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS, FACTS AND AMERICA IMPRISONED
- Hawley Reports McYertle will allow it to come to the floor of the Senate. House Passes Bill to Increase Chinese COVID Checks; Roll Call Vote with Most GOPers Voting “No”
- “Oh, and if you want someone to blame, look no further than Congressional Republicans including Kevin McCarthy and Lindsey Graham for misrepresenting the facts to the President over this weekend.” Will Trump’s Impoundment Control Move Strip the Pork From the Omnibus/Chinese COVID Bill? Not Likely
- “If everybody would open up, they [government] would have to give in. People are scared. People do what they’re told. We’re sheep being led to the slaughter.” Illinois Restaurant Owner Refuses to Close His Business, Slams Chinese COVID Relief Bill
- “If we can’t work, he can’t work.” CA Restaurant Owner Blocks Health Inspector’s Car
- “They’re bad for the country, but good for the Left. So expect more of the same.” The Liberal Lockdown Playbook: What’s Next?
- “Because the loans were approved so quickly, the government was trying to get that money out in as little as a day, there was very little time for the type of due diligence and checking that banks would normally do, so a lot of this fraud is now coming to light on the backend rather than upfront when the money was disbursed.” Fraud and Scams Coming to Light Months After First Round of PPP Loans Expired
- “And Rubio also said other ‘elites’ in America take pride in telling the public what is good for them and what is not.” (says the open borders shill lecturing us on open borders – jjs) Marco Rubio: Can’t Trust Dr. Anthony Fauci — He Is a Liar
- “In Democrat-run Chicago only 1.1% of those 70 or over have received the vaccine and 22 people over 80 have received the vaccine.” Democrat Governors Now Ignore CDC Chinese COVID Recommendations in Their Campaign Against the Elderly
FIRST AMENDMENT, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “Debate likely to continue under Biden (if he is sworn in – jjs)” Fight Over Big Tech Gets Personal Among Conservatives
- “Mark Judge sees clearly what role the Propaganda Press is serving for the socialists. You might recall his name from the Kavanaugh confirmation, as it was Judge whom Blasey-Ford accused of participating in her rape.” (h/t commenter MTF – jjs) “They Were Relentless”: How I Learned Respect for Our Communist Media
- “An honest media would give South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem the same lenient coverage they granted New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo at the height of one of the steepest [Chinese] COVID waves in the world.” If Leftist Media Were Honest, They’d Treat South Dakota’s Chinese COVID Wave Like New York’s
- “What is the difference between the largest inauguration crowd that was not the largest and a Kwanzaa celebration that never happened? How the media cover it.” What Kamal Harris’ Big Kwanzaa Lie Reveals About the Media
- R.S. McCain: “Old times there are (still) not forgotten.” Will the New York Times Ever Stop Slandering the South?
- “By their reckoning, white evangelicals have become reckless plague-bearers with no regard for the poor and oppressed, and their cruelty rightly earns them the world’s opprobrium.”David French Joins NY Times, New Yorker in Bashing Christians on Christmas
- “Critics of Joseph Epstein’s op-ed often omitted the title from their coverage.” “Dr.” Jill Biden, You Insist?
- Robert Spencer: “As the world explodes with bloody new conflicts, they can sip their champagne and congratulate themselves over how they removed that warmonger Trump and restored peace to the world.” For NBC News, War Is Peace, and Trump’s Historic Peace Deals Are War
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “Zhang, 37, appeared in court in a wheelchair due to her declining health after months of harsh imprisonment and a hunger strike she recently launched to protest her treatment.”Chinese Citizen Journalist Gets Four Years in Prison for Pandemic Reporting from Wuhan
- “The spokesman for a committee set up to oversee the commemoration announced on Sunday that a list of Americans the regime holds responsible for the targeted killing has now reached 48 names.” As Soleimani Killing Anniversary Nears, Threats Escalate, Veneration Level Rises
- Kashmir is not just a Led Zeppelin tune… Indian Army Officer Accused of Planting Weapons on Dead Bodies to Stage Gun Battle
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “Trump last week vetoed the annual bill, which authorizes Pentagon activities and $740 billion in spending for 2021, over the absence of a provision to rescind Section 230, which grants big tech companies immunity from lawsuits, as well as provisions including one calling for the renaming of military bases named after Confederate figures.” House Votes to Override Trump’s Defense Bill Veto
- “Amid fears of Muslim fraternizing with the Christian enemy.” In Gaza, Hamas is the Grinch Who Stole Christmas
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “A growing coalition of urban leaders embraces a guaranteed basic income.” Mayors for Free Money
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “Outrage went supernova when it was reported that the cartel mule would be set free while the agents would go to prison.” Trump Just Pardoned Two Border Patrol Agents — Ramos and Compean — Who Shot Drug Cartel Courier
- “Atlanta, like many major cities, is in the midst of a violent crime wave that began in July, following massive, national anti-racism protests that demanded law enforcement agencies be defunded and in some cases, disbanded.” “Police Reform” Efforts Behind Atlanta Crime Wave, Leaders Say
- “Prosecutors had warned voters before Prop. 57’s passage that the proposal was ‘so sloppily and poorly drafted” it would “wreak havoc on public safety.'” California Supreme Court Rules Thousands Of Sex Offenders Are Eligible For Early Release
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “Teachers unions have used [Chinese] COVID-19 school closures to demand leftist social changes and more benefits. But what about the kids?” The Real Reason Why Your Kids Can’t Go Back To School (Hint: It’s Not Chinese COVID-19)
- “University of Michigan’s IT Department is doing the important work of protecting students from the horrors of words like ‘picnic’ and ‘honey.'” University of Michigan IT Department Wants People to Stop Saying “Picnic,” “Preferred Pronouns” and “Girl”
- “The Cultural Revolution targets an insufficiently woke faculty.” A Racism Reign of Terror Begins at University of Rhode Island
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- A two-fer for Tuesday from our intrepid science reporter. First: “Cool image time!… large dunes with what appear to be black or dark features across their surface, reminiscent of tiger stripes.” Striped Dunes in Crater on Mars
- Second: “The Modi government has been making a strong effort to mimic the transition that NASA has gone through in the past decade whereby it shifts from having all its spacecraft and rockets designed, built, and owned by the government to having the government act merely as the customer buying those products from privately-run and independent companies.” Indian Private Company Test Fires Its Own Solid Rocket Motors
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “Climate change is a national security threat — but not in the way the national security elite assumes.” China’s Green NGO Climate Propaganda Enablers
- “Many of those doomsday predictions specifically mentioned the annus horribilus of 2020. Those predictions also failed, some rather spectacularly.” Egg on Their Faces: 10 Climate Alarmist Predictions for 2020 That Went Horribly Wrong
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “Such statements seem accommodating, but they come at the expense of actual women.”“Transwomen Are Women” and Other Polite Lies
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- Julie Kelly: “Who were the year’s heroes, its villains and, above all, its victims? And which figure in American politics fits the bill for all three?” Heroes, Villains, and Victims of the 2020 Horror Show
- “We cannot give up. America is too important… and so is the future of our children. “Holding Strong in 2021 and Beyond
- Christian Toto: “The Wonder Woman 1984 director offers more weak, woke storytelling.”Why Star Wars Made a Massive Mistake Hiring Patty Jenkins
- “There are no heroes in this story, but there are several lessons available.” Cancel Culture Comes for a 15-Year-Old Girl, Helped by the NY Times and the Univ. of Tennessee
HITHER & YON
- “The vision of Inside Out and Monsters, Inc. director Pete Docter, Soul is a sometimes sublime, somewhat flawed entry into the noble Pixar canon.” Pixar’s Soul is a Flawed But Ultimately Satisfying Jazz Anthem to Life
- “Christopher Nolan’s Tenet offers a cautionary reminder: when ‘saving the future,’ we must be careful not to lose our humanity in the process.” Christopher Nolan’s Complicated Tenet May Be Better Streamed Than in Theaters
- Lloyd Billingsley: “Lessons in justice, liberty and patriotism from three 2020 departures.”Reading the Stars
NOTE: The opinions expressed in some links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.