Good morning, kids. Friday and New Year’s Day. While I certainly wish each of you a happy new year, I’d be lying if I didn’t think things were going to get much better than the last one. And I expect they’re going to get a whole lot worse. But, we’ll have to muddle through somehow, so let’s take a look at what’s happening.
The big story remains the proceedings in both the House and the Senate next Wednesday when Congress convenes to certify – or not – the results of the Electoral College and essentially seal the fate of the nation, one way or the other. In the House, upwards of 140 Republicans are going to vote to object to the results, including all representatives from Pennsylvania who will contest their state’s electors. I assume they will also contest the electors from the other stolen states? And what about the 56 other Republican congressmen? Meanwhile, over in the Senate, the situation is in serious doubt despite Josh Hawley announcing his intention to object. The hatred of President Trump among many Senate Republicans, be it driven by petty personal jealousy or the fact that he remains the greatest existential threat to their being in on their graft as part of the dismantling of America as founded, has probably doomed the effort to failure. Does anyone really think that the Lord in Heaven is going to suddenly miracle the collective ass of Romney or Murkowski or Collins with morality, honor and ethics? Pat Toomey – Pat friggin’ Toomey, whose own state is at the epicenter of executive and judicial malfeasance as well as massive on-scene, in your face ballot dumping and spoliation of evidence after the fact – says about Hawley’s planned objection, that “he strongly disagrees.” Check that; Toomey had one of his flunkies make the statement to a hack from Politico: “Senator Toomey made his views on Senator Hawley’s planned objection clear. He strongly disagrees.” How very brave.
I have developed a sort of theorem about these things. No matter how blatant the crime or situation and how clear-cut the remedy, those allegedly on our side will not fail to either do nothing or the exact wrong thing to let it slide, carve it in stone and make it worse. While it is heartening that we do have people in government like Josh Hawley willing to put whatever political aspirations he might have on the line to take a stand, especially when the chips are really down, sadly he is an outlier at least in terms of the makeup of Congress as well as state governments across the nation. The question is, is he a harbinger of things to come or the last vestige of a dying breed? The same can of course be asked of President Trump.
The corruption of our government, which is of course downstream of society in general, is so thorough and has been going on for so long that the brazenness and even eagerness to openly steal a national election was perhaps inevitable. Same with the nearly three-year attempt to overthrow the 2016 election results, which when it fizzled drove Enemy to use the pretext of a supposed health crisis (or consort with Communist China to bring the virus here in the first place as a stage-setter) to destroy the already flimsy firewalls that protect electoral integrity. And even then, when that failed, the halting of the count and the trucking in of the pallets of ballots.
A claim has circulated widely in the past few days that Vice President Mike Pence, as President of the Senate, has the power and discretion to reject certifications. If Pence had such power and chose to exercise it, it would be over, but he doesn’t.
Here is the relevant language of Article II, Section I (after the 12th Amendment)(emphasis added):
The Electors shall meet in their respective States, and vote by Ballot for two Persons, of whom one at least shall not be an Inhabitant of the same State with themselves. And they shall make a List of all the Persons voted for, and of the Number of Votes for each; which List they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the Seat of the Government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate. The President of the Senate shall, in the Presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the Certificates, and the Votes shall then be counted…
…I’ve gone farther down this rabbit hole than I should have, particularly on New Year’s Eve. If you want “to fight” on January 6 for political reasons, I get it, I’m as frustrated as you are (maybe more so).
It’s just bothered me that really bad legal takes — and these are not the first — have mislead well-meaning and justifiably-concerned people to think the outcome on January 6 is going to be different.
Jacobson goes into quite a bit of detail on prior cases involving the 12th amendment. He’s also no slouch when it comes to constitutional law either. He also goes on to mention Go-Go Gohmert’s suit against Pence stating that the VP has countersued stating he’s not the proper party and that relief must come from Congress.
I don’t mean to be a downer but the situation is what it is. It’s kind of a miracle that Obama and company, who did incredible damage to this nation politically, economically and socially, still failed to deliver the fatal blow and in many ways set the stage for President Trump. Actually, Obama was helped quite a bit by Clinton and both Bushes and to be fair, Nixon and Ford, but I digress. In any case, when the Enemy controlled both houses of Congress and the Oval Office, they could have easily given amnesty to the tens of millions of illegal aliens already in country – which Dubya almost succeeded in doing in his last year in office, the bastard – and it would’ve been lights out America right there, as Texas and perhaps Florida would’ve gone blue. Those who are pulling the strings of Joe+Blow are not going to make that mistake again. And even if they did, does anyone really think that any election from now on is not going to either be pre-rigged or stolen after the fact?
I have no idea what is going to happen next Wednesday, nor 20 days from now. All I can say is we cannot know the future with any degree of certainty. To be sure, the Enemy holds the high ground and perhaps all of the cards. But they are not infallible. And we are still going to be here. In the millions. Let’s hope the common emotion is anger and not resignation.
Happy New Year.
THE 2020 DEMOCRAT ELECTION HEIST
- “Until these unlawful practices are acknowledged and corrected, we cannot agree to support electors chosen based upon an inaccurate total vote count. The voters of Pennsylvania deserve integrity in the election process and equal protection under the law.” (all well and good, but why the hell did the state legislature certify the damned election in the first place?! – jjs) Pennsylvania House Republicans to Contest State’s Electors
- “McConnell describes his upcoming vote as “a vote of conscience,” sources told Axios.”REPORT: Mitch McConnell Calls Jan. 6 Vote “Most Consequential I Have Ever Cast” in Call With GOP Senators
- “Poor Mitch. He’s still thinking and playing by the old rules.” McConnell Exerting Pressure Against Hawley
- William A. Jacobson: Note the words in the Constitution: The President of the Senate “shall… open all the Certificates” and “the Votes shall then be counted.” Shall is mandatory, there is no discretion. January 6 — No Mike Pence Can’t Just Reject Electoral Certifications
- “But not for the reasons you may think.” Don’t Expect Mike Pence to Save Us on January 6th
- “Democrats are condemning Republican Sen. Josh Hawley for objecting to certifying the 2020 election results, even though they are guilty of doing the same thing for purely political reasons.” Dems Call Hawley’s Election Concerns “Coup Attempt” After Objecting to Every GOP Certification This Century
- “It didn’t even take four hours later where moving trucks with this stuff was backed up to those buildings trying to get rid of the evidence.” Is Georgia Destroying Evidence So It Can’t Be Analyzed?
- She needs to completely recuse herself. Judge Who is Tank Abrams’ Sister Changes Previous Decision on Voter Challenges
- RUFKM? Perdue to Self-Quarantine After Close Chinese COVID-19 Contact, Says He’ll Do “Whole Lot of Virtual Campaigning”
- “Why is it that you waited until after the primary to reveal that your business did business with a company in Hong Kong that was linked to the Chinese government?” “C’mon, Man!”: Ossoff Gets Defensive With Peter Doocy For Pressing Him On Chinese Communist Party Business Ties
- “Georgia Republicans have already mobilized the most robust ground game and poll watching operation in the state’s history and are fully prepared to make certain that the integrity of next week’s elections will not be cast under a shadow of doubt.” Republicans Have Doubled the Number of Poll Watchers for Georgia Runoffs, Officials Say
- “Maybe Georgia voters will pay heed to lessons learned in California and Georgia will stay red in the January Senate runoff elections.” Lessons Georgia Voters Can Learn From California
- “Violations of election law, Trump’s team said, far surpass the 20,682 vote difference between Biden and Trump in Wisconsin.” Trump Appeals To SCOTUS To Declare Wisconsin Election Results “Unconstitutional and Void”
- “Would have been awkward for Pelosi not to seat the Republican who was certified the winner, considering just days later the Congress will consider challenges to Biden elector certifications.” Malig-Nancy Pelosi to “Provisionally Seat” Iowa Republican Despite Challenge From Democrat Who Lost By Six Votes
- “Republicans to take over the Democrat Party?” After Trump: The 2-Party System May Die
- “The death of rising star Congressman-elect Luke Letlow, and the social-media reaction to it, is a final insult from 2020.” Annus Horribilis
- “In all Trump gave us — the good, the bad, the hilarious, and the unsettling — his administration brought much-needed clarity to the GOP and the country.” Donald Trump Has Been the Most Illuminating President in Decades
- “Kibben, who is a Presbyterian minister, will be the first woman to serve as the chaplain of the House.” Malig-Nancy Pelosi Names First Female Chaplain for U.S. House of Representatives — Replacing Catholic Priest
- “Donald Trump has opened the Overton Window on a number of critical issues, both domestic and foreign.” Trump Opened the Overton Window on a Host of Issues
- “A legacy of extraordinary accomplishments.” Trump Deservedly Tops Gallup’s Most Admired List
CIVIL WAR 2.0: LEFTIST REIGN OF TERROR, WAR ON POLICE, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- “Before locking his Twitter account, Robinson offered an explanation — not for his own tweet calling for the assault of an elected official, but for the backlash he was receiving for it.”2019 Teacher of the Year Calls Rand Paul’s Neighbor-Attacker a “Hero,” Suggests Mitch McConnell’s Neighbors “Step Up”
DEMOCRAT-LEFTIST SCANDALS, CRIMES, CHUTZ-POCRISY, MESHUGAS
- [Sen. Chuck] Grassley stated, “World Vision works to help people in need across the world, and that work is admirable. Though it may not have known that ISRA was on the sanctions list or that it was listed because of its affiliation with terrorism, it should have. Ignorance can’t suffice as an excuse. World Vision’s changes in vetting practices are a good first step, and I look forward to its continued progress.” Senate Report: Obama Treasury Department Approved Request To Pay Group That Funded Terrorist Activities
CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS, FACTS AND AMERICA IMPRISONED
- “Socialism for rich people” McConnell Again Blocks Standalone $2,000 Stimulus Check Bill
- “Aurora Medical Center had previously fired the pharmacist on Wednesday after he admitted to deliberately removing 57 vials of the Moderna vaccine from a hospital refrigerator last week. Each vial contains about 10 doses of the vaccine.” Wisconsin Pharmacist Who Admitted to Ruining Chinese Coronavirus Vaccine Arrested
- “For fighting [Chinese] COVID-19, one size does not fit all, and we must recognize that our state leaders face very different situations.” Some States May Already Be Close To Herd Immunity From Chinese COVID-19
- “Cuomo and de Blasio blather on about equality, and now New Yorkers are learning what that means: In order to ensure the vaccine is distributed in a fair and equitable manner, no one should get it.” (isn’t this the story of socialism? – jjs) Chinese COVID Vaccine Fiasco Shows Angel of Death Cuomo and DeBolshevik’s Ineptitude
- “[Quote-unquote] ‘President-elect’ Joe Biden spiked coronavirus hysteria in December, warning Americans we would suffer 250,000 additional [Chinese] COVID deaths this month.”Joe Biden Estimated 250,000 Chinese COVID Deaths This Month. He Was Off By 178,000
- “Our SEIU healthcare workers are exhausted and our hospitals are overwhelmed. They need backup.” (closing the border and turning back the sick illegal aliens might be the real solution – jjs) California Democrat Asks Newsom to Bring U.S. Navy Hospital Ship Back to Port of L.A. to Relieve SEIU Workers
- “Stan Pulliam, the Republican mayor of Sandy, Oregon, has heard from business owners. He’s heard from citizens. He’s even heard from the governor. He has asked the question, over and over, where’s the evidence that lockdowns and the related economic devastation has worked to slow the spread of the [Chinese] COVID-19 pandemic?” Oregon Mayor Leads the Charge to Open Businesses on Jan 1, Despite Lockdowns
- Funny how Newsom and Malig-Nancy didn’t get the cuffs slapped on them… L.A. Sheriff: 235 Arrests Enforcing Chinese COVID-19 Restrictions
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “It’s clear the City of Philadelphia is far more anxious to punish the free exercise of religion than to serve its most vulnerable children.” In 2021, Watch What the Supreme Court Does With Philadelphia’s Ban on Christians Parenting Foster Children
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- Daniel Greenfield: “Over a thousand Iraqi refugees have been resettled in Portland.” How an ISIS Member Got Past Immigration and Became a U.S. Citizen
FIRST AMENDMENT, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “Is there a point in saying we want to ask questions if you only call on the same small group every week?” Biden Team Disables Chat On Virtual Press Conferences After Reporters Ask Tough Questions
- “I have to say I’m shocked at a new Rasmussen Reports survey that found that 50 percent of American adults rate the media coverage of the [Chinese] COVID-19 pandemic as good or excellent. Really?” The Eight Worst Media Lies About Trump’s Chinese COVID-19 Response
- “The ‘watchdog’ press is already promising to treat Joe Biden with kid gloves.” The Trump-Hating Media Prepare for a Long Nap Under Biden
- “Facts matter, but to allow left-wing institutions to monopolize their definition does more to undermine the truth than any kind of misinformation making waves on the internet.”Corporate Media’s Obsession With Fact-Checking is a Mission to Monopolize the Truth
- “One thing is clear: the easy ride for Big Tech is over.” What AG Barr’s Departure Means for Google
- Christian Toto: “The Identity Politics mob is suddenly standing down. Here’s the real reason why.” Why Are Reporters Covering for Hilaria Baldwin’s Epic Con?
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “The United Kingdom is no longer a meaningful member of the European Union, the culmination of decades of campaigning by Eurosceptics, and years of negotiations and political intrigue following the EU membership referendum.” Just 1,652 Days Late We Go With a Whimper, Not a Bang: UK Leaves the EU
- “Now that the call for independence is increasing what is the real meaning of British sovereignty?” The New United Kingdom
- “While Iran’s efforts have failed so far, the Islamic Republic may grow increasingly dangerous in its desperation.” Is Iran Planning an Attack on the Anniversary of Soleimani’s Death? It Sure Looks That Way…
- “The takedowns come amid a crackdown on unlicensed games by Chinese authorities.”Apple Bans Nearly 40,000 Apps After Demands By Chinese Communist Party
- “The policies are preemptively countering China’s plans there, defending religious freedom, and drawing attention to swelling human rights abuses in Tibet.” Trump’s New China Policy Earns Praise From Tibet and Fury From Communists
- “In May, two Chinese nuns at the Vatican mission in Hong Kong were arrested by Beijing authorities on a visit home to the Hebei province.” Anti-Religious Communist Chinese Government Arrests Catholic Nuns In Hong Kong
- “We’re not the only country worried about China’s encroachment.” China is Encircling Australia
- “…Americans are departing a year in which their presidential election largely eclipsed campaigns around the world. That does not leave 2021 without fascinating presidential elections — some freer and fairer than others — that will help decide the fate of the planet.” Five Presidential Elections Set to Shake Up the World in 2021
- Lloyd Billingsley: “Joe Biden and Kamala Harris won’t even say their names.” Forgotten in 2020: Victims of Radical Islamic Terrorism
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE BUREAUCRACY, WASTE, FRAUD, ABUSE
- “…the story gets even more perverse. Not only did the CARES Act penalize distilleries’ good deeds, but it did so in order to fund the FDA’s regulation — regulation that hampered distilleries in their attempt to provide much-needed hand sanitizer.” No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: Distilleries That Made Hand Sanitizer Hit With FDA Fees
- “The ‘Keep Nine’ Constitutional Amendment could end the thread to court packing once and for all.” (20 days left to pass it? No problemo! – jjs) End Court Packing Threat
- “Lexington, Kentucky, builds on its core strengths and smart urban planning to forge a promising future.” Bluegrass, Bourbon, and Basketball
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “What sort of impact would Janet Yellen have on the economy?” A Phoolish Treasury Secretary?
- “Those who embrace and love debt do so at their own risk.” The Dangers of Government Debt
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- But, but, but, lockdowns! Murder Surged in Democrat-Controlled Cities During 2020
HEALTH AND HEALTHCARE
- Keith Jackson, MD: “In fact, the trend toward doctor visits without physical examinations is not in anyone’s best interest.” Is Telemedicine Our Future?
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “The woke left rejects Homer, and the rest of the Western canon, because they hate any art that doesn’t reinforce their narrow-minded ideology.” To Further Politicize Curriculum, Teachers Are Dumping More Classic Literature
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- Our intrepid science reporter says, “…with the 21st century now one fifth over, it is also time to take a wider view, to see what the trends have been for space exploration during this new century, and to see where those trends might lead.” The State of the Global Rocket Industry in the 21st Century
- “Here are some examples of what Trump has done to advance the U.S. presence in space.”2020 Roundup: President Donald Trump’s Space Legacy Will Last for Light-Years
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “…And what it will mean for the everyday lives of Americans.” What a “Green New Deal” Will Look Like
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “New political role models are returning to the values held by original feminists and rejecting their modern perversions.” The Year of Conservative Women
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “2020 was mostly peaceful protests occurring within a mostly healthy year during which toilet paper remained mostly available.” The Century Crammed Into a Year Mercifully Ends
- “It reserves its censoriousness for the Lincolns.” The Warped Morality of Liberalism
- “If the Left gets their way, Lincoln will someday be remembered no differently than George Wallace.” Dooming Lincoln
- “A new book reminds us why politics and religion — including secular religions — don’t mix.”The Theology of Identity Politics
- “Kwanzaa has nothing to do with Africa and everything to do with California in the 1960s.”Kwanzaa is a Fake Holiday Invented by a Criminal Marxist
- “Fifty years on, Edward C. Banfield’s skeptical take on the urban crises of his day offers useful advice for dealing with our own.” The Perils of “Doing Something”
- “2020 taught me how much the world has changed.” Yearning for a Believers’ Christmas
HITHER & YON
- David Harsanyi: “Brutalist architecture, which Theodore Dalrymple once described as arising from the ‘spiritual, intellectual and moral deformity’ of totalitarianism, is the ideal style for the gigantic bureaucratic institutions that were built to lord over Americans. So perhaps a city that houses such massive bureaucracies deserves its joyless structures.” Actually, DC Mandarins Deserve Their Brutalist Architecture
- “A review of God and Mammon: Chronicles of American Money by Lance Morrow.” Money, Money, Money
- “From an inspirational family drama dealing honestly with loss, to an action thriller set in a bombed-out city in northern Iraq, here are five films released in 2020 worth seeking out.” 5 Remarkable Films You Might Have Missed In 2020
NOTE: The opinions expressed in some links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.