Good morning, kids. Thursday and I cannot even begin to process what happened yesterday in the Capitol. It was without a doubt probably the blackest day at least since 9/11/01 and probably one of the blackest in our now concluded history. If the nation didn’t die on Election Day, it certainly was mortally wounded. Yesterday, the executioner delivered the coup de grace. Emphasis on the word “coup.”
I have to now choose my words extremely carefully for obvious reasons, which are going to be a lot more obvious as the coming days and months pass. I abhor violence. I was brought up by kind, honorable, moral and righteous parents who practiced what they preached in terms of tolerance and compassion. This despite a mother who endured the horrors of actual Nazism, and a father who lost a brother on Saipan courtesy of the Japanese emperor. But the combination of their own upbringing and their life experiences did not preclude them from quite justifiably seeing the world as realists, if not in solid black and white then certainly in distinct and deep shades of darks and lights.
Normally in a situation similar to what we saw yesterday (if one even exists) I would say something like “while I cannot condone what happened, I certainly understand why it happened.” For sure, this time I certainly understand it, but thanks to the Left and now the GOP, I am a red nether hair’s breadth from crossing the formerly bright red line of the former. In the Bible, from Ecclesiastes “there is a time for peace and a time for war.” I have to ask myself, what time is it now?
Shifting gears for a moment, something was awfully strange about the storming of the Capitol Building yesterday by supposed Trump supporters. Oh, no doubt once the barricades were breached, quite a number of actual Trump supporters got inside the House and Senate chambers and offices and caused a ruckus. How could that have even been possible? Well, when DC mayor Muriel Bowser told federal law enforcement officers to stand down the day before the protest, you do the math. Ever wonder how Congressional hearings always seem to be invaded by shrieking Code Pinko leftists carrying signs for the benefit of the propagandists’ cameras? QED.
Tragically, a victim who has been identified as a Trump supporter was shot and killed in the chaos and confusion. Now the propagandists, the Democrats and the GOP are condemning Trump as well as anyone and everyone who voted for or otherwise support him as traitors, engaging in violent treason and sedition. Given everything we have endured this past year and going back into the Obama years and beyond really, that attitude is risible in the extreme. It’s also infuriating beyond my capacity to describe the emotion.
My rage this morning is directed in particular at the GOP. Given everything we have seen and endured, these bastards – with the exception of the handful of patriotic members of the Senate and House who exercised their legitimate Constitutional authority and right to challenge the Electoral College votes – including Vice President Mike Pence stabbed us in the heart. Correction, they along with the state legislatures in question as well as the majority on the Supreme Court stabbed us in the heart weeks if not months ago. Pence et al were just twisting the knife. Meh, it happened the moment President Trump said “so help me G-d” four years ago when the GOP controlled both houses of Congress and sabotaged him at every turn for two years, until Paul Ryno delivered the House to Malig-Nancy Pelosi.
Year after year, election after election, we begged and pleaded with that party to stop what is now inevitable and imminent from happening. I blame them for what happened yesterday. For what happened nine weeks ago. For what has happened to this country for the past 60 years by not opposing the overthrow of America as founded and going along to get along, either out of denial, greed or some combination of both.
Now there is talk of impeaching Trump, with just under two weeks left, which if successful would ban him for running for president again in 2024, as if any election ever again in this country, such as it is, is ever not going to be rigged by the Enemy. And this vile lout Corey Bush is introducing legislation to have those who moved to challenge the Electoral College expelled from office. Looking beyond that, do you think that anyone who donated to Trump or to a Republican is not going to have that information leaked to potential employers, or banks or perhaps to the mostly peaceful protesters of Antifa and BLM who will know where you live?
Funny how city after city can burn to the ground as police either willingly or not stand by and let it happen and that was somehow justified. Yet here we are after a year of having our livelihoods as well as our freedoms destroyed on the pretext of a health crisis that was nothing more than bad flu, and now our only legal and legitimate way to protest this, our sacred right to vote for which thousands of our soldiers, among them my uncle, died to preserve, stolen. And those who had the power and the G-d damn duty to stop it not only abrogated that responsibility but turned around and flamed us for pointing it out and demanding they abide by it.
Regardless of whether it was indeed Trump supporters who started the mayhem or not, I certainly understand how it happened, and G-d help me for saying it, I’m just about to the point of condoning it. It is obvious for anyone with eyes to see and a mind to process it that we no longer have a legitimate government, nor do we have legitimate political institutions or regular order. For anyone on our side to blame Trump or us for what happened is the last straw, along with the certification of Joe-Blow as the legitimate winner of the 2020 election.
I cannot believe what we have witnessed yesterday and really since the national incarceration/lockdowns. I am grateful that I do not have children, mostly because I would have dreaded them having to try and exist in a tyranny or worse, having been brainwashed in the schools into cheering it on.
I’m too enraged to weep. They have sown the wind and they are going to reap a whirlwind.
CAPITOL HILL PROTEST
- Daniel Greenfield: “Why is broken glass on Capitol Hill so much more precious than the broken glass in Kenosha?” Democrats Were For Riots Before They Were Against Them
- “Unless you had something harsh to say when they looted Macy’s Herald Square last June, you don’t have much standing for speaking harshly about what happened Wednesday at the US Capitol.” Political Violence Must Be Denounced By the Right — And the Left
- “I know your pain. I know you’re hurt. We had an election that was stolen from us. It was a landslide election, and everyone knows it, especially the other side. But you have to go home now, we have to have peace. We have to have law and order, we have to respect our great people in law and order.” President Trump Addresses Nation Following Violence In D.C. In Video Statement
- “The report comes as supporters of President Trump stormed the United States Capitol to protest the Congressional electoral college vote to certify the 2020 presidential election results for President-Elect Joe Biden.” NY Times: Pipe Bomb Found at Republican National Committee Headquarters
- “Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser told federal law enforcement to stand down just one day before a mob breached the U.S. Capitol, smashing windows, entering the chambers, and forcing lawmakers and staff inside into lockdown.” DC Mayor Told Federal Law Enforcement to Stand Down Day Before Violent US Capitol Riot
- “Today, First Amendment protests turned violent. Many persons came to the District armed and for the purpose of engaging in violence and destruction and have engaged in violence and destruction.” (aside from the galling hypocrisy, this is a giant literally red flag – jjs)Mayor Muriel Bowser Extends Public Emergency In DC For 15 Days
- “Shocking video shows Capitol Police allowing intruders into the Capitol grounds.” Why Did the Capitol Police Fail to Protect the Capitol?
- “There are grounds for suspicion that provocateurs may have been the point of the spear in violently attacking the Capitol.” Were Leftist Provocateurs Leading the Way Into the Capitol?
- “Peaceful protest is the right of every American but this attack on our Capitol will not be tolerated and those involved will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.” Vice President Mike Pence: “This Attack on Our Capitol Will Not Be Tolerated”
- “Blood can be seen pouring out of her neck as the woman appears to lose consciousness. Bystanders are seen holding pressure to the wound. It is unclear who shot her.” Woman Allegedly Shot in Neck as Capitol Building Swamped With Rioters
- “Nothing will stop us… they can try and try and try but the storm is here and it is descending upon DC in less than 24 hours… dark to light,” the victim reportedly tweeted the day before she was fatally shot. Identity of Woman Fatally Shot at Trump Protest Revealed, Report
- “According to Facebook, it removed the video, in which Trump told rioters to leave U.S. Capitol grounds, because ‘it contributes to rather than diminishes the risk of ongoing violence.'” Facebook Bans Trump Video Calling for Peace Following Violent Riots at US Capitol
- “Condoning escalating leftist resistance and violence for four years and then telling conservatives to shut up was a recipe for disaster.” Perhaps What Happened Yesterday Wasn’t So Surprising
THE 2020 DEMOCRAT ELECTION HEIST
- “Every state’s votes were verified throughout the night. The states that were objected to received enough votes to certify Biden’s win, despite a small group of Senate Republicans who objected against the certification of Arizona and Pennsylvania.” Joint Session of Congress, Pence Certifies Biden’s Presidential Victory
- Senate Rejects Objection to Pennsylvania Electoral Votes 7-92
- Senate Rejects Objection to Arizona Electoral Votes 6-93
- “Even though I totally disagree with the outcome of the election, and the facts bear me out, nevertheless there will be an orderly transition on January 20th. I have always said we would continue our fight to ensure that only legal votes were counted. While this represents the end of the greatest first term in presidential history, it’s only the beginning of our fight to Make America Great Again! We’re pretty sure that was a concession statement, but I don’t think anyone but Trump knows for sure if it’s the real deal or if he’s trolling.” BREAKING: Trump Concedes to Biden (We Think) After Congress Certifies the 2020 Election
* * * * *
- Insane as this is, given who and what the GOP is, this could have an outside shot. Flaming Marxist Imbecile Cori Bush Announces Bill Calling for Expulsion of GOP Lawmakers Who Supported Election Challenges
- “Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done.” President Trump Blasts Mike Pence
- Lloyd Billingsley: “As chaos dims prospects for rejection of fraudulently chosen electors — and hopes for election reform.” Vice President Pence Declines to Stop the Steal
- “The judicial branch suffers no oversight.” Whose Argument Gets Adjudicated By a Judge?
GEORGIA – PRESIDENTIAL AND SENATORIAL ELECTION HEISTS:
- Fraud. Bank on it. Jon Ossoff Quote-Unquote “Wins” Georgia Runoff Election, Quote-Unquote “Defeating” Incumbent David Perdue
- “H.L. Mencken knew what he was talking about.” Game, Set, Match
- “Not only are the votes vanishing, but the math doesn’t add up.” Georgia Had Even More Vanishing Votes Than I Realized
- “A demonstration of vote count switching.” Video: The Smoking Gun on Georgia Election Fraud
* * * * *
- “The rig is real.” The Big Steal’s Big Picture: Cyber Warfare
- “The best way to secure public trust in the outcomes of our elections is to ensure that our elections are trustworthy. Right now, they’re not.” Republican Lawmakers Objecting to Biden Electors Have a Point: Americans Need to Trust Elections
- “Only the emergence of the Republican Party as a fully populist, America First entity can keep the wackiness at bay.” How the GOP Establishment Created Its Lin Wood Problem
- As if elections will ever be legitimate again. Still, this is revelatory on a number of levels.Fux News’ John Roberts: Talk Swirling of Possible Second Impeachment Proceeding Against Trump So He Can’t Run for POTUS Again
- “Sources say he was selected over outgoing U.S. Senator Doug Jones and former Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates, but New York Governor Andrew Cuomo was reportedly on Vice President Joe Biden’s shortlist for the position.” Biden Says He’ll Pick Merrick Garland as Attorney General
- “We’re gonna take back this country! We’re gonna take back America!” Jones said, to the roar of the crowd. Black Georgia Democrat State Rep. Vernon Jones Switches Parties
- Kamala Harris’ and Joe Biden’s piracy is a symptom of a problem that’s rooted far below the surface.” An Administration of Plagiarists: What This Means for the Country
- “GOP Rep. Kat Cammack: ‘It’ll be very helpful as she walks past it every day.'” (awesome! – jjs) Rancida Taliban’s New Office Neighbor to Fly Israeli Flag
- “Harris will be personally responsible for the passing of almost every bill the Democrats push through.” (the author discounts the RINO traitors – jjs) A Democrat-Controlled Senate Spells Doom for Kamala Harris
- “If the GOP wants to win again, they’ll reject McConnell and find younger leadership that is ready to build a new party to serve the middle class, not the ruling class.” (this also assumes regular order and honest elections going forward – jjs) It’s Time For Mitch To Go
- “Today’s socialism is elites in designer suits, not overworked men in overalls.” If Americans Oppose Socialism, Why Do they Keep Voting for It?
CIVIL WAR 2.0: LEFTIST REIGN OF TERROR, WAR ON POLICE, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- “All empires fall, eventually.” The Post-Republic Comes to Visit Josh Hawley
- “Contested election or not, law, order, and democratic governance must come first.” The Anarchy on Our Streets Started in 2016, When the Democrats Renounced Democracy
- “The mob violence yesterday at the US Capitol, on the other hand, will be a tool for establishment repression of conservatives.”Anti-America Americans Are Synergizing Again
DEMOCRAT-LEFTIST SCANDALS, CRIMES, CHUTZ-POCRISY, MESHUGAS
- Michael Pfleger is as viciously anti-American as Jeremiah Wright. He’ll get a slap on the wrist because, Obama crony. Obama-Credited Priest Removed from Chicago Ministry Pending Sexual Abuse Probe
CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS, FACTS AND AMERICA IMPRISONED
- “… according to WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, ‘Chinese officials have not yet finalized the necessary permissions for the team’s arrival in China.’ Or maybe it’s that they haven’t finished scrubbing their records.” China Refusing Entry to WHO Team Investigating Origins of Chinese Coronavirus
- “Michigan ranks 44th in vaccine distribution, according to CDC data. Only 99,040 people have received the first dose of the vaccine, despite the fact that 478,000 doses have been distributed, CDC data shows.” Vaccine Distribution Run by Leading Member of Biden Transition Team is One of the Worst in the Country
- A spokesperson for the ship’s command reportedly said USNS Mercy was “in the shipyard for an extended maintenance period for the next few months,” adding, “It’s pretty much impossible to get it underway.” Feds Tell California USNS Mercy Hospital Ship Unavailable To Help L.A.
FIRST AMENDMENT, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- Daniel Greenfield: “They’re classifying your ‘threat level,’ taking screenshots of your posts, and censoring you.” California’s Internet Censorship Office is Watching What You Say
- “Regina Ip, a member of Hong Kong’s executive council… defended a national security law supported by mainland China and asserted that protesters would ’cause great harm’ to Hong Kong. On Tuesday, authorities in Hong Kong enforced the law in a roundup of dozens of leaders of the democracy movement, including an American lawyer.” Flashback: New York Times Published CCP Propaganda Supporting Law Used to Crackdown on Pro-Democracy Leaders in Hong Kong
- “Who needs a lawyer if he has Linda Greenhouse on his side?” Joe Biden’s Blunders
- “The comments — serving as the latest example of CNN’s left-wing bias — were also premature, as not all ballots had been counted and neither Republican candidate had conceded.” XiNN’s Fredo Cuomo Lets the Mask Slip, Declares “We Won” in Georgia
- “Becerra’s failure to force pro-life pregnancy centers to promote abortion did not stop him from similarly trying to force the Little Sisters of the Poor to act against their consciences by making them complicit in the provision of contraceptives, sterilizations and abortion-inducing drugs and devices.” Xavier Becerra Attacks Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Conscience
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “The Communist regime believes victory is within its grasp.” The China Threat is Real — And Upon Us
- Robert Spencer: “You can tell a lot about a man by the identity of his enemies.” Iran’s Rouhani on Trump: “In a Few Days, the Life of This Criminal Will End”
- France’s government decided to bring charges against her under “insult to public official” laws because, according to the head of the Paris police, “there is no race in our police force, nor are there oppressors or oppressed. Our officers defend liberty, equality, and fraternity!”Black YouTuber Charged For Calling Black Police Officer “Uncle Tom.”
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “Rubio blames Treasury Dept. for flip-flops on ban against military-linked Chinese companies. Stock Exchange’s ChiCom Telecom Ban Is Back On
- “Accusations of physical and mental abuse from the wife of Muslim leader Hassan Shibly.” (let’s not lose our heads over this – jjs) CAIR Domestic Violence and Terror
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE BUREAUCRACY, WASTE, FRAUD, ABUSE
- “The MTA can be saved without making life in the city even more costly.” New York Doesn’t Need an “Amazon” Tax
- “When will our elected Republican leaders at all levels of government stand up to the degradation of our cities?” Indianapolis Has Fallen: A Red State Capital City Degrades Itself to Blue City Levels
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “From ending subsidies, to tort law reform, to rights to purchase land for preservation, a free market is at the heart of any environmental solutions.” How the Free Market Can Protect and Preserve the Environment
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- But “progressive” economic and regulatory policies — identified by economist Thomas Sowell as “increasing taxes, harassing businesses, and pandering to unions” — were not the only factors in Detroit’s decline. The Motor City was hollowed out in part by the flight of residents who’d had enough of the crime. Could Los Angeles or San Francisco Be the Next Detroit?
- “Boudin’s policy changes left killer of two on the streets.” San Fran. Progressive Prosecutor’s Reforms Lead to Hit-and-Run Deaths
- “With violent crime rising across America, mandatory masks may be one of the culprits.”Masks Can Be Murder
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- ” On Tuesday, the district announced that 40% of its preschool and special education teachers and staff had not shown up for work this week.” Chicago Public School District Blames Teachers’ Union For Staff Absences
- “Millennials and Gen Z-ers still believe in the American Dream.” Recapturing the American Dream Means Unlocking Public School Choice
- “Diane Ravitch’s arguments against school choice miss the mark by miles.” Sophist’s Choice
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “Newsom has prioritized the electric-car industry even as businesses have been forced to shutter and millions have lost their jobs because of pandemic-related shutdowns.” Newsom Includes $1.5 Billion for Electric Cars in Proposed Chinese Coronavirus Relief Bill
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “The prayer’s true scandal was largely ignored — and is indicative of a widespread societal shift toward a serious and dangerous misunderstanding of both Christianity and tolerance.”Congress’ Foolish Opening Prayer Exposes a Deeper Problem for Christianity — And the West
- “Run Hide Fight is hardly Republican propaganda. It’s also hardly the best movie you’ll see this year. But it’s a serious piece of cinema.” Why the Daily Wire’s Run Hide Fight is a Cultural Game-Changer
- “Self-organizing systems are an incredible strategy to deal with complexity. Government is not.” If You Believe in Science, Individual Freedom Is the Only Answer
HITHER & YON
- “Why re-watching the 1952 classic can counter modern Hollywood messaging.” The Timeless Virtue of High Noon
NOTE: The opinions expressed in some links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.
Mr Sefton (honorific because of how high regard i hold you),
Thanks for putting words to my broken heart and the loss of our country to the corrupt and manipulated; who claim to be our betters, desire to be our leaders, but just creates a foul taste in my mouth.
Our elections in Colorado have been a slow rolled steal for the last 3 elections and no one would listen. Leaders insisting that because it was clean in R counties it “can’t” be corrupted in the D counties.
We have come to a time for war being the only choice left. Do we dive into the breach and be eliminated individually or do we find community to support efforts to stand?
Sadly even this post of thanks will be tracked by those “betters” who wish to reeducate us.