Good morning, kids. Tuesday and the nightmare grows deeper and darker. Yesterday, Ace highlighted the completely unsurprising announcement from humanoid doughboy Ed Morrissey that he is now officially a Democrat because of what happened on Black Wednesday. It seems to be indicative of a trend with conservative media types (I’m looking at you, City Journal, among a few others), insofar as a shift in tone from a state of denial with laughably ridiculous “we’ll get ’em next time in ’22 and ’24” pablum, to frothing at the mouth damnations of Trump and the tens of millions of us who support him. Forget the nearly four-year run of the most positively transformative presidency in American history as well as an electoral victory that was hijacked in front of our eyes. Because he and we dared to stage a protest on Capitol Hill- mostly aimed at a Republican Party that was acting as a conspirator to the steal after the fact – that also was hijacked by the Left and turned into a Reichstag Fire incident, he and we are to be scapegoated and blood-libeled for all time.
Even that is tame in comparison to what it sets the stage for. It’s bad enough that clueless, effete Ivy League “elites” — retreads from previous administrations and their nepot spawn whose brainstems have been pickled in Howard Zinn and the 1619 Project – are about to kick-start the Leviathan from its four years in mothballs and destroy what’s left of our already lockdown-strangled economy while once again bowing down to the world’s tyrants and terrorists. That’s just business as usual when Democrats quote-unquote “win” elections from Republicans.
Because we dared stand athwart history and not only yell “stop!” but for a few shining years manage to put the machine in reverse, we have unleashed what David Horowitz at Frontpage Mag so aptly describes as “the totalitarian screaming to get out” from inside every progressive. Every instrumentality of a thoroughly corrupt government as well as its fascistic cronies in the pseudo-private sector are about to be brought to bear on anyone who challenges their authority or their official story.
You had better believe there are discussions among credit card companies, banks, and other financial institutions about punishing organizations they view as opposing leftist political views. In December, for example, a so-far unnamed credit card processing company refused to process donations to the American Family Association because it is socially conservative. Previously, big banks refused to bank for legal gun manufacturers after pressure from leftist activists.
This is the kind of power the left holds over all the institutions that make life possible for Americans, and they have already revealed they are not afraid to flex that power against the left’s chosen enemies. All of this is merely the next step in years of campaigns to use economic pressure to control public policy…
…We all saw Big Tech and Big Media collude to hide information damaging to the left and amplify information and narratives damaging to the right. Corporations are now wielding supra-governmental power untethered by even the pretense of constitutional legitimacy, and our government seems entirely powerless to stop them.
This all moves us closer to a nongovernmental social credit system like that employed by Communist China, which economically and socially punishes people for “wrongthink.” It appears that global oligarchs have decided to not only collude with China’s totalitarian control over its society, but to export that social control to formerly free nations such as the United States…
…This week’s escalation of totalitarian speech controls and witch hunts — Are you now or have you ever been a supporter of Donald Trump? — is terrifying, and not just because of the lack of defenses against leftists’ demonstrated control of information and funding. If they can do this to the president of the United States, who can’t these corporations do it to?
If President Trump had actually called for rioters to stop and “go home in peace,” and firmly denounced violent lawbreaking while acknowledging the 99.9999999 percent of his supporters who are peaceful and lawful, but these corporations told the world he was instead “inciting violence” and encouraging “sedition,” how would we ever know the truth?
If they choose to lie to us, to lie about one political party, to lie about events they use to impose draconian speech and social controls, and to ban us from ever sharing information that proves or even simply suggests they lied or aren’t telling the whole story, how would we ever know it?
Reportedly, Louisiana Governor Huey Long was once asked, “Do you think we will ever have Fascism in America?” Said Long, “Sure, only we’ll call it anti-Fascism.” What Trump exposed, and which may prove of more lasting value than what he accomplished, was the real-life unfolding of Long’s paradox…
… The “fascist” movement began with Italy’s Benito Mussolini. He took the name of his party from the Latin word fasces meaning a bundle of rods gathered together in one strong hand. Starting in ten days all the rods will be gathered — the presidency, the House, the Senate, Big Tech, Big Media, Hollywood, the CIA, the FBI, perhaps even the military. Just in the last few weeks, their collective eagerness to suppress dissent has shown up their mentors in the CCP.
To enforce the new order at the street level, the Left has developed its own private army. In a marvelous bit of self-parody, the bully boys of the new fascism, the Left’s own SA, call themselves anti-fascists or Antifa for short. Huey Long had the last laugh on that one.
With his back to the wall, Trump rallied the last bulwark against this encroaching tyranny, the American people. In so doing, he showed the comically obvious hypocrisy of the Left’s support for “largely peaceful” protests.
Although events this past week did not appear to work out as we might have liked, appearances can be deceiving. There were lessons learned, eyes opened. It seems somehow providential that the people’s protest at the “People’s House” occurred on the Epiphany.
Only a few short months ago, we sort of half-jokingly discussed “grabbing the upper bunk in gulag fun camp.” It’s not a joke any more. The Left has engaged in physical violence from assault and murder of individuals to mass rioting and civil unrest that have lain waste to at least a dozen urban areas. They have suspended Constitutional rights on the pretext of a health crisis that is provably marginally more deadly than seasonal flu. They have rigged and/or stolen elections with the complicity of lawmakers and jurists that looked the other way and blamed the whistleblowers. To merely dissent, protest or utter an opinion deemed not in keeping with Leftist dogma is to be a terrorist, seditionist, and all the way down to subhuman who should be exterminated. Sound familiar?
I’m always an optimist but things are going to get very dark and very quickly. G-d help us.
CAPITOL HILL BLACK WEDNESDAY PROTEST AFTERMATH
- “Prior to the filing of the impeachment article, a quick passage of a House Democrat plan to remove President Trump via the 25th Amendment was blocked by Rep. Alex Mooney (R-WV).”House to Meet Wednesday Morning to Consider Trump Impeachment Articles
- The hypocrisy and gall is just radiant. Democrats Introduce Resolution to Censure Rep. Mo Brooks for “Inciting Acts of Insurrection”
- Former Prosecutor Jeffrey Scott Shapiro: “The president didn’t commit incitement or any other crime. I should know. As a Washington prosecutor I earned the nickname ‘protester prosecutor’ from the antiwar group CodePink.” Trump’s Rally Speech Was Not Illegal “Incitement”
- The aide also said some moderate Democrats worry that impeachment would “harden Trump’s base and turn him into a martyr instead of keeping him on his heels with a fractured GOP.” (Trump is now beyond a martyr; he’s a saint, all things considered – jjs) Some House Democrats Realize Another Impeachment Is a Bad Idea
- “Other members of the far-left “Squad” have openly embraced taking action, including Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), who called on Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO), and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarty (R-CA) to resign for what she claims is their role in inciting the chaos that occurred in the nation’s capital on January 6.” Mau-Mau Maoist Crackpot Cori Bush Introducing Resolution to Expel Lawmakers Who “Incited a White Supremacist Coup Attempt”
- I call bullshit. Sounds like a pretext to round up innocent people. This is what the lockdowns were a rehearsal for. FBI: Armed Protests Planned for 50 State Capitols, U.S. Capitol, Ahead of Inauguration Day
* * * * *
- Katie Hopkins: “I was there. This is my story.” Three Days of Darkness in D.C.
- “Is it worth alienating a big part of your base?” Marriott, Other Companies Vow to Suspend Donations to Politicians Who Voted Against Biden Certification
- “What the Court should do now to repair some of the damage.” How the Supreme Court Caused the Riot at the Capitol
- “The same media and Hollywood collective that derided American police in 2020 is now flooding the airwaves with their crocodile tears about the police who were on the front lines against trouble-making demonstrators at the nation’s Capitol on Wednesday.” Cops, Kids, Reporters & Activists Were Murdered as Democrats Incited 2020 Riots… Now They’ve Accused Trump of Their Tactics
- Julie Kelly: “But the actual ‘big lie’ is that the 2020 election was on the up-and-up and no amount of un-personing will persuade half the country otherwise. Indeed, it confirms it.”Capitol Riot Used to Crush “The Big Lie”
- “This woman was unarmed, many of the protesters were escorted into the building,” SABO said. “Why was she killed? We spent the summer watching BLM and ANTIFA Burn, Loot and Murder from coast to coast while law enforcement stood down and did nothing. Why her?”Street Artist SABO Triggers the Left With “Say Her Name” Poster of Woman Shot By Police at Capitol Protest
- “Democrats, with the help of many Republicans, appear to be falling back on ‘some kind of Gestapo,’ and let’s not credit it with being directed humanely.” Some Kind of Gestapo
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- “President Bill Clinton, at Jerry Nadler’s request, commuted the sentence of a radical leftist serving time for bombing the U.S. Capitol.” Left-Wing Terrorists Bombed the Senate in 1983. Bill Clinton Let Them Out of Prison Early — At Jerry Nadler’s Request
- “It appears that global oligarchs have decided to not only collude with China’s totalitarian control over its society, but to export it to formerly free nations such as the United States.”Big Corporate Uses Capitol Riots to Push Communist-Style Social Credit System on Americans
- “If we the people refuse to apologize, refuse to back down, refuse to submit, January 6th may one day be celebrated as a mid-winter 4th of July.” President Trump Takes a Hit for the Team
THE 2020 DEMOCRAT ELECTION HEIST
- “In an unsigned order, the court wrote that “the motion of petitioners to expedite consideration of the petition for writ of mandamus is denied” for several cases, including one filed against Pennsylvania Secretary of State Kathy Boockvar and one against the Wisconsin Elections Commission. There was no explanation or opinion given with the order and there were no noted dissents from any of the justices.” Supreme Court Denies Request to Fast-Track Review of Election Lawsuits
- The “big lie” in this case is that at least some of the votes in the election should be questioned and the legitimacy of Biden’s election is therefore questionable. Biden: U.S. Sens. Cruz, Hawley “Part of the Big Lie” Like Nazi Propagandist “Goebbels”
- “The Establishment rejects America’s birthright for eternal power.” The Ultimate Betrayal
- “Numbers from Rasmussen Reports show that following both of these events, his approval rating has shifted either one or two percentage points — exclusively trending upwards.”Polling Shows NO CHANGE In Trump Approval Ratings Despite Media, Big Tech Onslaught
- Daniel Greenfield: “Welcome to the permanent anti-Trump party.” The Democrats Will Go On Impeaching Trump Forever
- Wayne Allyn Root: “The media, politicians and the D.C. swamp haven’t got a clue what the people think and feel.” I Stand With President Trump. We Will Always Stand With Trump
- “President Donald J. Trump declared that an emergency exists in the District of Columbia and ordered Federal assistance to supplement the District’s response efforts due to the emergency conditions resulting from the 59th Presidential Inauguration from January 11 to January 24, 2021.” President Donald Trump Declares a State of Emergency for Washington, DC
- “As you’ve probably noticed, that’s the way many people are.” Why Some Strong Trump Backers Now Are Abandoning Him by Virtue Signaling
- “If Andrew Yang wants to be mayor of New York, he needs to live here.” Out-the-Ying Yang Can’t Imagine The Reality New Yorkers Face
- Salena Zito: “How Mark Robinson beat Michael Bloomberg’s billions to win North Carolina’s second-highest office.” “Money Doesn’t Always Translate Into Votes”
- Lloyd Billingsley: “How to view the incoming one-party oligarchy in Washington.” Veni Vidi Vichy
DEMOCRAT-LEFTIST SCANDALS, CRIMES, CHUTZ-POCRISY, MESHUGAS
- “The benefit to Zuckerberg is clear: maximize political spending and minimize public scrutiny, in exchange for forgoing a foundation’s tax exemption. And other ultra-liberal billionaires are following suit, a trend that’s created a black hole for watchdog groups.”Mark Zuckerberg and Other Leftist Billionaires Funnel Cash to Activists Through For-Profit Corporations
CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS, FACTS AND AMERICA IMPRISONED
- The mobbed up thug means the cost to him politically. After Forcing Thousands of Business to Shut Down, Angel of Death Cuomo Now Says the “Cost” of Staying Closed is “Too High”
- But Cuomo’s some sort of hero, right? “Burdensome” Website Keeps New Yorkers From Getting Vaccine as Doses Are Wasted
- “New information is published almost daily about the [Chinese] coronavirus pandemic.”Critical but Little-Known Facts About the Chinese COVID-19 Pandemic.
- “Big Pharma comes out in support of Biden and against the American people.” The Politics of Inoculation
- “[Quote-unquote] President-elect* Joe Biden reportedly ‘dressed down’ members of his [Chinese] coronavirus response team amid concerns that the Democrat’s pledge to have 100 million Americans inoculated against [Chinese] COVID-19 within his first 100 days as president will become his first failure.” Biden Chinese Coronavirus Team Panicking Over “100 Million Vaccines” Goal
- “Use our existing vaccination channels with broad distribution to stop the pandemic.” End Chinese Covid Now
- “The only way we can actually get back to normal is if we all start questioning. Question these peoples’ goals, their backgrounds, their motives.” Question Everything and Everyone
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- So many sparks of divinity that we’ll soon have a Dresden of divinity! Sanctuary California Freed Illegal Alien MS-13 Gang Member Who Murdered Woman in Front of Daughter
FIRST AMENDMENT, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “According to Business Insider, the stock likely fell because investors are worried that the ban will diminish interest in the platform and lead to boycotts among those who see the decisions as politically motivated and a way to silence conservative voices.” Twitter Loses $5 Billion in Market Value After Banning President Trump
- “Parler is my final stand on the internet,” the CEO concluded. “I won’t be making an account on any social. Parler is my home.” Parler Will “Be Down Longer Than Expected” as More Vendors Drop Big Tech Alternative
- “I want this to be a big middle finger to those who say hacking shouldn’t be political.” Self-Described “Hacker” Says She’s Archived 99% of Parler Posts For Public Record, Including Raw Video With Metadata
- “Censorship, wokeness, political correctness — it all points in one direction: authoritarianism cloaked as moral righteousness,” Pompeo said. Sec. of State Pompeo Blasts Tech Censors: “Authoritarianism Cloaked As Moral Righteousness”
- Merkel’s Spokesman: “…chancellor considers it problematic that the accounts of the U.S. president have now been permanently blocked.” Germany’s Merkel Slams Twitter for Trump Ban
- “Today’s corporations are among the most powerful entities in the world — and they’re after everyone who doesn’t tow the Democrat party line.” Tucker Carlson’s Frightening Summation of What’s Happening in America
- When you’ve lost the ACLU… ACLU Warns of “Unchecked Power” After Facebook, Twitter Suspend Trump
- The memo begins by saying “we need to help induce national calm NOW.” “Cumulus and Westwood One will not tolerate any suggestion that the election has not ended,” it continues.Talk Radio Company That Works with Levin and Bongino Warn of New “Zero Tolerance”
- “After its assault on Parler, Big Tech is asking for it.” The Social Media Powderkeg
- They’re making him an anchor. Appropriate as anchors generally sink to the bottom. XiNN Announces Major Changes For Jm J Acosta, Other Programming
- Deck chair rearrangement on the Titanic… Fox’d News Announces Big Shakeup
- “American lawmakers who truly believe in liberty and the Second Amendment should carry their firearms on the floors of our legislatures.” Why I Support the Rights of Lawmakers to Bear Arms on the Job
- “Biden poised to take executive action, get cabinet picks confirmed despite Republican opposition.” Despite Georgia Victories, Congressional Democrats Have Limited Options on Abortion
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “State Department officials say the decision is not politically motivated and argue Cuba has not met the standards to remain off the list during the Trump administration.” White House to List Cuba as State Sponsor of Terrorism
- “If repeating the same action again and again and expecting a different result is a definition of insanity, then Biden’s choice of [Obama hack Wendy] Sherman is one of the most insane nominations for office in American history.” Joe Biden Will Do America Right by Following Trump, Not Obama, on Iran
- “This fight is inside the gates today.” Pompeo Warns Lawmakers of the Chinese Communist Party
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “The Pentagon’s action will likely anger Republican and Democratic lawmakers opposed to further troop cuts and renew concerns about the outgoing Trump administration’s disdain for Congress, even in its waning days.” (good! – jjs) Pentagon Presses Ahead With Afghanistan Troop Drawdown Despite Law Barring It
- “Terrorism against Israel is not only promoted within the university walls; it is celebrated publicly.” Terror U: Who is Suppressing Academic Freedom in Palestinian Universities?
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “Not only that, but Kristen Clarke is also an anti-Semite — plus she doesn’t like Asians either.” Biden’s Choice to Lead DOJ Civil Rights Division is an Open Anti-White Racist
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “This is part of a growing trend of viewing human beings primarily as a source of infection… if not as an infection themselves.” (Birkenau making a comeback – jjs) Teacher Sprays Disinfectant on Learning Disabled Students Improperly Wearing Facial Masks
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- Our intrepid science reporter with not the never-made George Pal sequel, but: “Two spectacular Hubble images of colliding galaxies.” Colliding Galaxies!
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “Title IX feminists seek to abuse the federal access law to institute policies that favor women — including inverting the presumption of innocence.” Title IX Has Turned Universities Into Really Terrible Sex Police
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- What’s he afraid of? Patriots Coach Bill Belichick Won’t Accept the Presidential Medal of Freedom From President Trump
- “…if you say something wrong to the wrong person, that livelihood could quickly vanish as a leftist Twitter mob descends upon you and your employers.” We Are About to Find Out Who Our Real Friends Are
- “Cancel culture is going to be worse than ever.” The Purge Has Begun. Trump Was Just the Beginning
- “The prohibition applies to its 1.4 million members both on and off the job, covering all communication — both private and professional — written and spoken, online or face-to-face. Violation of the code could result in a $15,000 fine and expulsion from the organization.” CORPORATE CRACKDOWN: National Association of Realtors Bans “Hate Speech, Conservative Ideas
- “Our job as librarians is to provide access to information from all points of view.” Arizona Librarian Fired for Push to Keep Politics Out of Libraries
- R.S. McCain: “You’re not crazy; it’s the media who have lost their minds.” Staying Sane in a World Gone Mad
- “But how chilling is Huxley’s prescience about propaganda ministers, news editors, and schoolteachers training generations of serfs?” Huxley’s Warning: Totalitarianism in the 21st Century
HITHER & YON
- Christian Toto: “Colo.-based group offers a blast of clarity for a wide-open Oscar race.”Minari and Nomadland Lead Denver Film Critics Society Nominations
- Was she swallowing a banana or something? Kamala Harris’ Team Goes to War With Vogue Magazine Over “Disrespectful” Cover Photo
NOTE: The opinions expressed in some links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.