Good morning, kids. Start of a new week and I’ve been thinking about a painting done by World War 2 artist/illustrator Tom Lea. Though best known for his work “The Two Thousand-Yard Stare,” it’s an equally haunting work he created during the battle for Pelelieu, which coincidentally was in its opening phase 77 years ago, that I think is a metaphor for what we’re experiencing. The caption in Life Magazine that accompanied the “The Last Step” read in part:
“Mangled shreds of what was once an arm hung straight down as he bent over in his stumbling, shock-crazy walk. Half his face was bashed pulp. The other half bore a horrifying expression of abject patience. . . His eyes searched for a fight. Then something exploded. He scrambled up from the ground as if embarrassed at falling. He looked at his left arm. Stumbled back to the beach. He never saw a Jap. Never fired a shot.”
Look at everything that has figuratively, and in some instances literally, exploded in our faces over these last few years. Stolen elections, states of emergency as pretext to curtail freedoms, open borders, decriminalization of crime, persecution for political views other than leftist by government and non-governmental actors, the dismantling of the pax Americana to pave the way for a Sino/Islamic new dark age and on and on. Yet in the midst of all this, we (the royal “we”) seem to be going through the motions of “resisting” and “fighting back.” I still get e-mails from the usual panoply of politicians and other groups alarmed and horrified by what the Democrats and Leftists are doing before hitting me up for money.
Elsewhere in the blogosphere, it’s the same kind of accurate analysis of the situation yet capped off by the infuriating exhortations to “vote even more harderer you guys!” or else how federalism and the Constitution are going to save the day. Yeah, just like they did at the 6 state legislatures and the Supreme Court a year ago and in Congress with Mike Pence last January 6th.
Two hundred and thirty-four years after Ben Franklin issued his warning on the occasion of its beginning, we couldn’t keep it.
The Republic is dead. To pretend otherwise after the government usurpations of authority during the [Chinese] COVID “emergency” is delusional and self-destructive. The end was visible shortly after September 11th, 2001, with the panicked passage of an unconstitutional Patriot Act during the erstwhile war on terror, which has since been so terribly lost.
True, much of the public remains unaware.”I didn’t even know it was sick,” they might say, preoccupied as they always are with earning a living and cleaning the gutters. But this is usually the case, until it isn’t.
A dark age of technologically enhanced authoritarian rule is descending — an age that I believe will not soon end. This brief time of passage must be taken as a last opportunity to recover our lost liberty. But what can the minority do? Certainly, any attempt at forcing the issue through violent revolution would only deepen the tragedy and coalesce support of the majority around the status quo. What then, can be done. . . ?
. . . We cannot stand still while other world powers are moving around us, and capitulation means disaster. Such a retreat would only condemn our children, those who survive, to the job we have failed to do. Whether from a virus or a nuclear holocaust, starvation or a bullet to the head, this horror is not inevitable and historically not so very different from the burdens accepted by past generations. . .
. . . As fate would have it, the time for a rediscovery of man and the restatement of a philosophy of free men is now. The oligarchy of the power-hungry, the greedy, and the lazy who control our present government will not agree to go away. And let it be understood: a violent revolution in these times would be deadly for all concerned. It is clear from recent elections that most of the citizenry is unaware of their own peril (never mind the corruption of the election process itself). Until it is obvious to the majority, and an alternative is in the offing, nothing can be done to change the status quo. . .
. . . a virtual “Constitutional Convention” can be called, nonetheless, and a viable alternative can be fashioned. A viable system of term limits would be a good start. Professional politicians are a curse. And an enlargement of Congress to better represent the population would help. A limitation on the bureaucracy would be another boon, with an enforced turnover to the private sector. The cost of “knowing who to call” is simply too great.
The great project of our age, then, is to build upon our ruins before they are lost beneath the sands.
Don’t get me wrong. This is a well-written essay that, once again, lays out the situation and then suggests a “virtual ‘Constitutional Convention.'” It’s all well and good except what if the other side – the one holding all the cards as well as the courts, the military, law enforcement, the bureaucracy and the media – won’t let us? What makes the author think that the GOP is going to fall in in lock step to do this in the first place? The title of this essay is The Republic is Dead. Well, if the republic is dead, calling for a Constitutional Convention, virtual or otherwise, is like that marine on Peleliu, heading off to the line while not realizing the gravediggers have already put a dog tag in his teeth and zipped up the body bag.
It’s like amputees who swear they can still feel and move their limbs, even when staring straight at the stump. The estimable Roger Kimball has a long and worthwhile essay that cuts much closer to the chase.
Thinking about our situation puts me in mind of Walter Bagehot’s cheery but clear-eyed masterpiece Physics and Politics (1872), a copiously annotated edition of which I edited and published some years ago. Bagehot traces the evolution of civilization from its rude and violent beginnings to his age, what he calls “the age of discussion,” when making a point typically counted for more in political life than the point of one’s sword.
The many centrifugal forces contending in our society today prompts me to reprise some thoughts about Bagehot’s recommendations for the preservation and extension of social comity.
By “discussion,” it should go without saying, Bagehot did not mean idle chitchat but robust, untrammeled inquiry about what Aristotle called “the good life for man.” What sort of regime is most likely to nurture the human attributes we value? How should we lead our lives? Where do our fundamental allegiances lie?
Serious talk — and serious thought — about such matters is integral to the metabolism of a free society. It provides the space where choice can blossom. Which is why strategies to quash discussion are inimical to freedom.
Given the astonishing recrudescence of multifarious efforts to disrupt the free flow of discussion — from the astringencies of political correctness to the minatory dicta of woke ideologues — it is worth stepping back to ponder the career of this subtle but enlivening pillar of liberty. . .
. . . As we look around at the many assaults on free discussion today, the prospects for the continuation of our regime of liberty seems up for grabs in a more fundamental way than at any time since World War II. It was only a few years ago that the United Nations pondered an international law against blasphemy — against blasphemy! — to defend Islam against its detractors. A bit later, representatives of the United States met in London with the Organization of Islamic Cooperation to discuss whether speaking about religion can violate international law. Yes, that’s right. Around the same time, Egypt convicted eight Americans in absentia for blasphemy; if apprehended, they could face the death penalty. Meanwhile in Afghanistan, the Taliban has just announced that it is reintroducing barbaric punishments like stoning and amputation for offices against the faith.
I think Bagehot was right: free discussion is an integral ingredient, a veritable pillar of liberty. But that freedom is under serious threat today by religious fanatics, overweening government bureaucrats, and a complacent populace. David Hume once observed: “It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once.” It seems to be that we have alarm bells going off all around us. The oddity is that so few people seem to hear them. No wonder secession is once again in the air.
Look at some of the links. Is anything going to come from the John Durham revelations? From what is looking to be a tainted vote audit in Arizona and elsewhere that proves the elections were stolen and now evidently the audits as well? From the revelations that our border is being intentionally erased and millions of poor aliens and violent jihadists are being imported? From the persecution of those who refuse to be vaccinated while our tormenters go about maskless and unvaccinated? Etc. etc. etc.?
With our world ablaze, the pyromaniacs being primarily from the American left who also supplied our enemies with copious amounts of matches and kerosene, people from across all walks of life and backgrounds, some even from the left itself know that what’s going on is wrong. Very wrong. It is here where change comes from. From the bottom up. That is how we are going to have to force the issue.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- “As fate would have it, the time for a rediscovery of man and the restatement of a philosophy of free men is now.” The Republic Is Dead
- Roger Kimball: “It seems to be that we have alarm bells going off all around us. The oddity is that so few people seem to hear them.” How It Might End, Act I
- Victor Davis Hanson: “What explains these insanities that are insults to the American people’s intelligence?” The Symptoms of Our Insanity
- “There used to be a name for a political system in which giant companies joined with governments to force political change on a populace without necessarily going through the mechanism of representative government.” Wall Street Giant Moving Toward Using Financial Power to Pressure Cities to Enforce SJW Agenda
- “FACT-O-RAMA! Last year at this time Moderna’s stock was trading at $69 a share. Today it is at $430.” Are Vaccines the New Military-Industrial Complex?
AMERICA, AND THE WORLD, IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “I think the answer is to give both boosters and doses to other people. This is why we have invested so hard and pushed our scientists and engineers to work so hard to produce enough doses for all.” Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla: “Most Likely Scenario Is Annual Revaccination” for Chinese COVID
- “‘My assistant found a picture online of a BinaxNow test that was negative, and sent it,’ one said with a laugh, encouraging his friends to do the same. Not so funny to your paying audiences, fellas.” Broadway Folks Bragged About Forging Chinese COVID Tests to Go to Tonys Parties
- “Mandated vaccines for all is the civil rights issue of our time.” The Civil Rights Struggle of 2021
- “A Kansas City cafe defies county health authorities with unfortunate results.” The Little Cafe That Almost Could
- “The union sued the governor over the vaccine mandate this month.” Massachusetts Police Union Says “Dozens” of Troopers Have Quit Over Vaccine Mandate
- Exemptions for blacks, illegal aliens and other minorities in 3, 2, . . . NY BLM Leader: DeBolshevik’s “Vaccine Mandate Is Racist and Specifically Targets Black New Yorkers”
* * * * *
- “The data suggests that while hospitals broadly aren’t overwhelmed by [Chinese] COVID-19 cases, there are enough serious cases making their way to ICUs to put substantial strain on those facilities in some states.” Are Hospitals Actually Being Overrun by Chinese COVID-19?
- “REVIEW: Uncontrolled Spread: Why [Chinese] COVID-19 Crushed Us and How We Can Defeat the Next Pandemic. How the CDC Bungled Chinese COVID-19
- What monsters have we birthed, and why are we letting them rule our lives?” Public Bureaucracies’ Deceptions About Chinese COVID
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- Rep. Yvette Herrell: “This is yet another tragic failure in the vetting process for Afghan nationals.” Several Afghan Refugees Allegedly Sexually Assault Female Soldier At Fort Bliss
- Robert Spencer: “What did anyone expect?” At Fort Bliss and Fort McCoy, Afghan Refugees Are Acting Like Afghans
- “America increasingly resembles a failed state.” Someone Orchestrated the Border Crisis
- “. . . his appearance on “Fox News Sunday” illustrated how this [junta] is deceiving the American public.” Alejandro Mayorkas’ 7 Border Lies
- “The smugglers faced no opposition from Mexican law enforcement authorities as they crossed hundreds of Central American migrants into the United States.” Video: Smugglers Move Migrants into Heart of Texas Border City
- A witness told Reuters that CBP agents quickly took control of the situation, ” yell[ing] at the soldiers to put their hands up and drop their weapons immediately.” Feds Detain 14 Mexican Soldiers After They Crossed U.S. Border, One Carrying Drugs: Report
- “Large numbers of Haitian migrants are likely ineligible for refugee status in the U.S. because they already received refugee status in Chile, government-issued photo identification cards viewed by the Daily Caller’s Jorge Ventura show.”
- A squadron of A-10 Warthogs would work wonders . . . Haitian Migrants Transport Supplies, Back and Forth Between the US and Mexico Abandoned IDs Show Haitian Migrants Held Chilean Refugee Status
- “The illegitimacy of the European settlement of the Americas is the core of the Democrat Party’s open border policy; we should not pretend otherwise.” Democrats Can’t Have It Both Ways on the “Great Replacement”
- “The program begins in preschool, so that, by the end of the day, American self-loathing is so elevated that native-born Americans are grateful to be replaced.” Leftists Force Mass Third World Immigration by Deceiving Us Into Feeling Guilty
- Liking how he rolls. . . Governor Abbott: If Biden Punishes Border Patrol Agents, “I Will Hire” Them To Defend Texas’ Border
- “More than any other religious group, it is America’s Catholic bishops who lend moral support and cover to the current border situation.” The Bishops’ Misapplication of Catholic Charity, and the Evil on Our Southern Border
- “Before we let in even one more immigrant, we should ask, ‘Who are we letting in? And for whose benefit?'” Border Chaos Reflects Migrants’ Home Countries
- “The president’s approach to the border is based on optics, not reality. That’s why he banned horse patrols in Del Rio this week.” Biden’s Border Policy Is Sheer Horse-Puckey
- “What are these refugees bringing in?” From Afghanistan with Love
CIVIL WAR 2.0: LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, CAPITOL HILL BLACK WEDNESDAY PROTEST AFTERMATH, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- Julie Kelly: “One thing is certain; the NY Times’ damage-control article is just the tip of the FBI iceberg. And more proof January 6 was an inside job.” NY Times Reveals FBI Role in January 6
- “Though several Proud Boys are charged with a conspiracy, this latest informant maintains that there was never any plan by the group to violently storm the Capitol and, indeed, there’s evidence to back that claim. Indeed, the paper concludes the obvious: that ‘the new information is likely to complicate the government’s efforts to prove the high-profile conspiracy charges it has brought against several members of the Proud Boys.’ Huh. You don’t say? FBI Narrative About the Jan. 6th Capitol “Insurrection” is IMPLODING
- “Like somehow I’m supposed to be a full-time activist and have zero income from it?” Daniel Greenfield: Occupy Wall Street’s Co-Founder Just Wants to Get Rich
- “They say the army needs to ferret out the ‘far-right extremists.'” The Army War College Goes Woke
- “Through violence and its ability to create extensive support systems, Antifa looks very much like early National Socialism.” Antifa and the Mainstreaming of Antifascism
- “The chairman’s secret phone call to his Chinese counterpart reveals something scary about America’s Intelligence Community.” What Does Vanilli Milley’s Conduct Say About Our System?
- Probably because the group was created by law enforcement as an entrapment scam, which a blind man could see from orbit. Justice For J6 Rally Organizer Said the Group Was in Constant Contact With Law Enforcement Ahead of the Event
- “If anything can hold together these disparate groups with otherwise irreconcilable differences, it is the prospect of playing the race card against the Deplorables.” Race Card is the Reliable Glue for a Fractured Left
SHAMPEACHMENT 1.0, 2016 CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- “The ties between Joe Biden and Jake Sullivan, the White House Security Adviser now indicted by John Durham’s grand jury.” Biden Security Adviser Jake Sullivan Tied to Alleged 2016 Clinton Scheme to Co-Opt the CIA and FBI to Tar Trump
- “According to a new memo, under the late Sen. John McCain, the Armed Services Committee engaged a former FBI official and his nonprofit to produce a report on the matter, per Just the News.” Efforts to Spread Trump Russia Hoax Went Beyond FBI, CIA to Senate
- Margot Cleveland: “The biggest backers of the Trump-Russia collusion hoax have already exonerated Sussmann. That fits a long pattern of them downplaying every advance in investigation into their hoax.” 5 False Narratives About the Spygate Indictment of Michael Sussmann
THE 2020 ELECTION HEIST AND AFTERMATH
- “. . . And that’s not all.” Video: Maricopa County Fraudulently “Verified and Approved” Mail-In Ballots
- “While the media is claiming that the audit report confirms Biden’s victory, it does not. ‘There are sufficient discrepancies among the different systems that, in conjunction with some of our findings, suggest that the delta between the Presidential candidates is very close to the potential margin-of-error for the election,’ the audit summary explains.” Ignore the MSM: Here’s What the 2020 Maricopa County Election Audit Actually Says
- “The pretense is that the only thing that matters is that the paper ballots matched the electronic ballot count. No, that’s not at all what matters!” It’s Fake News That the Maricopa Audit Proves Biden Won
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “The 2021 College Free Speech Rankings reveal which colleges and universities are doing the best (and worst) job of protecting freedom of speech.” As Colleges Moved Online to Combat the Pandemic, a Plague of Self-Censorship Raged On
- “Peak White cis male bullshit!” ASU Students Shouted Down, Told To Leave Study Hall Because They’re White, Support Police
- “If ‘resistant to reform’ means believing in due process, the men of Fiji plead guilty.” The Woke Wage War on Red State Frats
- “Critical Race Theory, and its precursor affirmative action, relegate the presumed victims of systemic racism to long-term failure by artificially granting accommodations, quotas, money, and status, thereby robbing a class of people of their sense of personal responsibility and self-esteem.” Crackpot Disg-Race Theory and the Many Piles of Dirt It Creates
- Christopher Rufo: “Opposition to critical race theory is broad and bipartisan.” The White Backlash That Wasn’t
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “Liberalism’s advance requires the diminution of religious freedom.” A Preview of Biden’s Activist Judiciary
BIDEN CRIME FAMILY REVELATIONS, AND OTHER CORRUPTION
- “These e-mails don’t come from Hunter’s infamous laptop, yet most of the media will still ignore them in their determination to just not look at the mass of corruption that has surrounded our current president his entire career.” Fresh Proof Hunter Biden’s “Work” Was Always About Selling Influence Over Joe (as if we needed any – jjs)
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “Critics have said junkies are emboldened to get high in public because certain drug crimes — including possessing needles or small amounts of heroin, or injecting drugs — are offenses for which bail can no longer be set under the state’s recent bail reform law.” Midtown Manhattan Still a Haven for Junkies
- “As violent crime has soared, such language has become ubiquitous in news stories. It is lazily inaccurate — and absolves killers of responsibility.” Stop Blaming “Stray Bullets” and “Botched Robberies” for CRIMINAL Violence
OTHER DEMOCRAT, LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- “A spokesman in New Mexico Rep. Yvette Herrell’s office confirmed to The Federalist Thursday the agency has so far dismissed the request with no response.” EPA Dismisses Congressional Oversight Request On Appointee’s Chinese Ties
- “An estimated 20,000 people attended Saturday’s Trump rally in central Georgia’s Houston County.” PIEOTUS Trump Gets Big Numbers at Georgia Rally as GOP Pushes to Flip State Back to Red
- “Far fewer women, moderates, suburbanites, and middle-income people who voted for Biden in 2020 would do so today.” I&I/TIPP Poll: Biden Voters Abandon Him In Droves
- “Gaslighting only goes so far. This is a lesson many a politician has learned the hard way. Underestimate the intelligence of the electorate at your peril.” Bden White House’s Lies a Matter of Life and Death
- “This is not a trend that is going away soon.” WATCH: “Fuck Joe Biden” Chant Rings Out at Wisconsin-Notre Dame Game
- Sweating like the pig that knows its dinner. Liz-ard Cheney: Can “Absolutely Win Reelection” — Vote Against Me Is a Vote in Allegiance to Trump Over the Constitution
- Thad McCotter: “If you are a Republican, you have the chance — indeed, the duty — to redeem, reinvigorate, and repurpose the party for America’s newest birth of freedom.” A Battlefield Triage for the Midterms
- “Every problem caused by government is as predictable as the government’s inevitable excuse that nobody saw it coming.” Every Tragedy Caused by Government Is Done with the Best of Intentions
- “[So-called quote-unquote “president’s”] unpopularity turns governor’s race into tossup.”Biden Drags Down “Punk” Terry McAuliffe in Virginia
- “War criminal!” Crowds Heckle Hillary Clinton in Northern Ireland
- “In the United States, the left-wing dominated ruling class, determined to transform the nation into a one-party oligarchy, has long focused on demoralizing and fomenting hopelessness among the American people.” The United States and the West are in the Grip of Delusional Madness
- “We have the mechanism within the federalist structure of our Constitution to achieve a re-founding.” (I don’t think federalism and the Constitution are the weapons with which to overcome an alien entity that rejects both, and is firmly at the controls. YMMV – jjs) End of Empire, Age of Refounding
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “Journalists dance on the graves of the unvaccinated and the skeptics while vilifying treatments that work.” Media Test Positive For Corrupt Chinese COVID Coverage
- “The story of a hoax that was concocted on social media and amplified by Washington officials alongside the complicit mainstream media.” Anatomy of a Hoax
- “Gray was denied a private investigator license because of his social media comments.”License to Work: Dissidents Need Not Apply
- “Lock him up!” Trump Rally Crowd Targets Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg
- “How, in 2021, can any mainstream social media platform justify any adherence to any moral framework for determining what goes on their site?” Our Dark Age of the “Content Creator”
- “How the media creates an alternate reality for the benefit of the Left, the Democrats, and Joe Biden.” Why Your Otherwise Smart Friends Think Stupid Things
- “It’s all done in the name of intellectual discussion, of course, but The New Yorker’s David Remnick seems more intrigued than appalled by the idea.” The New Yorker Provides a Platform for Eco-Terrorism
- “Rashida’s love is in hard news,” an insider said, pointing to the exec’s past roles guiding MSNBC’s daytime news coverage and NBC News’ coverage. “She doesn’t really get what primetime does.” Staff at MSLSD Are Panicking Over Network’s New Direction Under Rashida
- “It appears that Facebook has been repeatedly flagging and then blocking posts on a gardening group because those gardeners periodically make reference to the gardening tool called a ‘hoe.'” Today’s Blacklisted American: Garden Hoes Banned by Facebook
- “Blue cities are supporting a law that reserves to a privileged few the constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms.” Does Your City Hate the Second Amendment?
- “One comes from America and one comes from overseas but both emphasize why a free, moral citizenry must protect their Second Amendment rights.” Two Stories Highlight Why the Second Amendment Matters So Much
- “The bill is beyond extreme — invalidating all state laws limiting the deadly procedure — even popular late term abortion laws — as well as doing away with health and safety regulations designed to protect women,” said Jeanne Mancini, president of the March for Life, in a statement. House Passes Bill to End Nearly All Restrictions on Abortion Nationwide
BIDEN AFGHANISTAN BUG-OUT DISASTER
- “What the group’s conquest of Afghanistan means for the international drug market.” With the Taliban, an End to the Opium Trade?
- Taliban co-founder Mullah Turabi: “We will follow Islam and we will make our laws on the Quran.” Taliban Hangs Bodies in Public as Sharia Law Returns to Afghanistan
- Raymond Ibrahim: “In many ways, arrogant leftist thinking — indeed, the leftist paradigm in its entirety — led to the disaster that is Afghanistan.” Why America Failed to “Win Hearts and Minds” in Afghanistan
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “So the bottom line is China said they seek to surpass the United States in political and strategic capabilities, and their goal is to be the supreme power on the globe over the next couple of decades, and the Biden [junta] says they’re not a competitor. They basically are backing down on so many positions that were staked out by the Trump administration.”Peter Schweizer: Huawei Executive Release “Strategic Retreat” by Biden
- “Gina Raimondo says ‘robust commercial engagement’ with Communist regime is “just an economic fact.” (looks like Margaret Hamilton with severe anorexia – jjs) Commerce Secretary/Meesekeit Raimondo Wants Closer Economic Ties With China as Beijing Flies Warplanes Over Taiwan
- “Joe ‘Pivot to Asia’ Biden managed to insult our ally South Korea — again.” Biden Couldn’t Be Bothered to Take a “Dignified Transfer” of US Troop Remains from the Korean War, Either
- “Iran’s leaders recognize the pain that results from sanctions do not pose an existential threat to a regime willing to rule through hard power.” Iran Cements Its Advantage While Biden Sleeps
- “The German government is attempting to bring the messaging app into its ‘social media’ category so it can criminalize speech.” After a Murder Over Mask-Wearing, Authorities Are Cracking Down on Chinese COVID Skeptics on Telegram
- Caroline Glick: “The Trojan horse that advanced the goal of destroying Israel.” Why Oslo Still Rules
- “Churches all across France were being reduced to rubble.” An Era of Vandalism: Part II
- “Will Jews in Sweden finally be safe from the violence of Middle Eastern migrants?” A Thaw in Swedish-Israeli Relations?
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “Beijing Biden is letting China back into U.S. federal infrastructure after Trump banned their drones.” Biden Junta, Secret Service, FBI Purchase Drones From Firm Complying With Chinese Government Data Requests
- “In the wake of Joe Biden’s surrender to the Taliban jihadists, who have resumed lopping off hands and killing women of “immodest” attire, we wouldn’t want Americans to start thinking jihad is a threat to their own safety.” Jet Blue Passenger Chokes Flight Attendant, Storms Cockpit, But Most Media Neglect to Mention He Shouted “Allah!”
- “The more successful the story and progress of Israel, the more difficult and perilous the position of Jews in the Arab-Muslim world.” The Exodus of Jews from the Muslim World
$1 TRILLION “INFRASTRUCTURE” SELLOUT, $3.5 TRILLION SOCIALIST TRANSFORMATION
- “I’m never bringing to the floor a bill that doesn’t have the votes.” Malig-Nancy Pelosi Backs Off Monday Vote on Bipartisan (Yay!) $1.2 Trillion Infrastructure Bill
- Huh? Paypal Jayapal On Democrats’ $3.5 Trillion Bill: It’s “A Zero-Dollar Bill” Since It’ll Be Paid For With Taxes
- “I will certainly be voting no if the Democrats insist on combining the debt ceiling increase or suspension with the continuing operations of the government.” Senator Toomey: Democrats “Don’t Need a Single Republican Vote’ To Pass Their $3.5 Trillion Bill
- “Republicans have a golden opportunity to stop the Democrats’ progressive reconciliation bill.” The MAGA Case for the Infrastructure Deal
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “Their bill would explicitly give the CDC the authority to re-enact the moratorium and compel it to do so.” Fauxca-Has-Been Warren Wants to Give CDC the Power to Cancel Rent Whenever They Want
- “Shortage of truck drivers is a profound problem nationwide. [Chinese] COVID lockdowns shuttered the driving schools and made getting licenses difficult.” Seaborne Traffic Jam of Container Ships Waiting to Dock in Port of Los Angeles
- “When austerity does come, we should see it as an opportunity to devolve money and power back to the people.” The Cycle of Doom Heading Our Way, and What To Do Next
- “Following the announcement, cryptocurrency prices plummeted, the Wall Street Journalreports. Bitcoin fell more than 8 percent and Ether dropped more than 11 percent.” China Makes Cryptocurrency Transactions Illegal
HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE
- “But while these two giants of the addiction industry [Altria Group, Constellation Brands] are unable to fully invest in American marijuana companies, their well-heeled lobbyists are working the halls of Congress, pushing for the SAFE Banking Act.” Big Pot Wants Millions in Corporate Investment — Some Lawmakers Are Happy to Help
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “Why do politicians want to hype a nonexistent climate crisis? In a word: power.” The “Science” of Climate Change
- “Pro-geothermal bill would make it easier to generate affordable, renewable energy.” Green Groups Thwarting Geothermal Solutions to Energy Problems
- “Biden will join world leaders at the United Nations’ climate change conference in November to discuss his [junta’s] pledge to reduce U.S. carbon emissions by 50 to 52 percent by 2030.”Biden Must Create New Taxes, Eliminate Natural Gas to Meet Climate Pledge, Analysts Say
- “The Left has turned the climate change debate into an ideological exercise.” The Carbon Capture Alternative to the Democrats’ Climate Change Apocalypse
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “Capitalism in space: A Northrop Grumman official has revealed that it already has six customers willing to buy missions using its upgraded orbital repair robot to fix orbiting satellites that are presently defunct due to lack of fuel.” Northrop Grumman Says Six Customers Have Bought Missions Using its Upgraded Orbital Repair Robot
- “In the past month InSight’s seismometer has detected the three most powerful earthquakes so far measured on Mars, with one located in a region where no quakes had as yet been seen.” InSight Detects Three More Large Quakes on Mars, the Most Powerful Measured So Far
- “Whatever he wears aboard the New Shepard, it must not include a red shirt.” Science Fiction Morphs into Science Fact: Star Trek’s William Shatner Heads into Space on Bezos’ Blue Origin Ship
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “Equal Employment Opportunity Commission says employers must use preferred pronouns.”Texas Sues Biden Junta Over Federal Transgender Guidance
- “Lorie Smith lost a 2-1 ruling in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit that mandates she create custom graphics and websites for LGBT customers.” (why didn’t she and others just announce their rates as $100,000 per hour with a 40-hour minimum? – jjs) Colorado Web Designer Petitions Supreme Court After Being Compelled To Celebrate What She Believes Is Wrong
- “It’s a very personal issue — and very personal for my family. I believe that my dad was right. And my sister and I have had that conversation. . . Freedom means freedom for everybody.” (what about the freedom to refuse baking the fucking cake, tootsie? – jjs) Liz-Ard Cheney Sez “I Was Wrong” to Oppose Homosexual Marriage
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- Christian Toto: “The socialist comic defends Trump voters, questions Russian collusion and much more.” Is Russell Brand Getting Red Pilled in Real Time?
- “But I am what you might call an old school liberal who was brought up with the crazy idea that segregating by race is bad. That’s what I was talking about.” Bill Maher Rips the Idea of “Purposefully Fragmenting Things By Race” in America
- “The story of a hoax that was concocted on social media and amplified by Washington officials alongside the complicit mainstream media.” There’s Reason Not To Cheer Removing Robert E. Lee’s Statue
- “Cheryl K. Chumley’s Socialists Don’t Sleep identifies ways that those who revere America’s founding principles have allowed society wreckers to pervert those ideals, impose mandates that deny our common humanity, and even plot our demise.” Socialists Don’t Sleep and Christians Need to Wake Up
- Nevergreen is a metaphor for academia’s self-separation, and the scene for a darkly comic escape thriller.” The Nevergreen That the Woke Would Prefer Never Seen
- “The ultimate aim of the 1619 Project is to destroy America.” 1776 or 1619: Why it Really, Really, Matters
HITHER & YON
- “A decade after his death, one of our greatest literary stylists has fallen into critical disfavor.” John Updike and the Politics of Literary Reputation
- If only I could give a shit. . . WATCH: Ravens Kicker Justin Tucker Sets NFL Record With 66-Yard Field Goal as Time Expires
NOTE: The opinions expressed in some links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.