Good morning, kids. Tuesday and I suppose I’m not quite finished with yesterday’s theme of being akin to Bruce Willis’ character in The Sixth Sense — trying to interact with the world but not realizing you’re dead. Not quite the same metaphor as Tom Lea’s “The Last Step” but close enough for government work. Pun intended. And this leads me to the part of this gig that I truly hate the most; criticizing someone I actually like and respect for being kind of clueless. Maybe clueless is a bit harsh but considering everything going on, I can’t seem to come up with an adjective that’s less harsh:
In 2018, conservative Jesse Kelly argued that “our political disagreements have become a powder keg” and we should redraw the map. He wasn’t wrong. In fact, things have gotten worse in the three years since, which is why left-leaning comedienne Sarah Silverman recently touted the idea, too.
Fact is, we’re at each other’s throats over every issue. I admit that after nearly 19 months of looking longingly at the sanity of red states in their response to the pandemic and sadly at my 5-year-old masked and required to be socially distanced from friends during school recess outdoors here in New York, I have myself fantasized about a national divorce.
But it’s a fantasy that could never work, even in the short term, much less the long. Say we could bloodlessly divide the states. And, for shorthand, consider a Donald Trump voter as someone opposed to [Chinese] COVID-restriction mania (my own top issue right now), while a Joe Biden voter wants kindergartners to double-mask . . .
. . . It’s not just [Chinese] COVID regulations that divide us, of course. There’s much more. But the truth is that electorates change, issues of importance change, demographics change.
A Republican today is not the same as a Republican 20 years ago. A conservative who moved to solidly red Colorado in the late ’90s would be in for a surprise after it failed to vote for a Republican presidential candidate after 2004.
Kids don’t always follow their parents’ ideology. Whole counties and states sometimes switch sides in elections and then switch back again. Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin went for Obama in 2012, Trump in 2016, Biden in 2020. Who gets them in the divorce? Would we constantly have to change boundaries? . . .
. . . OK, so if we can’t formally separate, what then?
We fight it out — peacefully. We find like-minded people in our communities and band together to bring changes we want to see. We don’t surrender because we’re in the minority. Minorities have won before. It wasn’t that long ago that a non-Democrat was mayor of New York City and a Republican won the California recall. It’s not impossible . . .
. . . We’re still a very new country; we continue to grow and evolve. The solution isn’t to divide it up so we could be (briefly) better represented. It’s to persuade others to our way of thinking — and voting. And to remember the ideas that forged our national marriage in the first place.
Okay, I take it back. Karol Markowicz makes Pollyanna look like Christopher Hitchens. As an aside her reference to the California recall was about Arnold “screw your freedom” Schwarzenegger in 2003. If you look at his record in Sacramento, it was marginally more Republican than Bill DeBolshevik’s. The estimable Lloyd Billingsley puts her some knowledge on that score right here. But I digress.
It is just amazing to me that someone as bright and intelligent as the author, who if I remember correctly was an emigre as a young child from formerly communist Poland, does not recognize that America as founded was overthrown last November, most likely for good. The people that enabled that act have had a multi-generational hate on for this nation, its culture, society and people stretching back over 100 years. They hate “our national marriage” because they hate all of the aforementioned with us at the top of the list. They view us, not as political rivals to be defeated and certainly not as fellow citizens with which to seek compromise and comity. The view us as EVIL; as a cancer that must be eradicated. To not see that, after everything we have gone through since Obama and for sure since the death of that criminal who died while resisting arrest in Minneapolis touched off mass race riots and real insurrection just leaves me gobsmacked. And since Ms. Markowicz is in tune and rightfully angered by the Chinese COVID edicts, it’s kind of amazing she seems unaware that those of us, and I assume her included, are viewed as evil plague-carriers whose refusal to cooperate is a threat to all humanity.
I will say this. Ms. Markowicz is correct in her analysis that national divorce and whatever two-state solution arises from it will never work. Just not for the reasons she elucidates. The reason it won’t work is Socialism/Leftism/Progressivism, much like Islam, is totalitarian and absolutist. Let’s play it out and you’ll see why. Let’s assume we split up where one half the nation (ignore the geography; it’s irrelevant for now) returns to America as founded and the other with Leftists in control. The great Milton Friedman PBUH once quipped “If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years there’d be a shortage of sand.” See what I mean? Within five years of a national divorce, America would resemble the State of Israel and Blue State Gondwanaland would resemble Cuba. Or worse, Baltimore.
When every Leftist wet dream is enacted into law and it comes crashing down in a heap of massive failure, misery and squalor, the last thing they want their people to see is their neighbors on the other side of that mile-high massive Trump border wall, the ones they claimed were greedy, capitalist, racists living in prosperity and freedom. Such a complete negation of their worldview would be catastrophic. That is why we cannot be allowed to exist away from them. And so, they need to subjugate us or, failing that, exterminate us.
Think I’m being hyperbolic? Look no further than James Hodgkinson, Antifa, Billy Ayers, Robert Reich, the New Yorker, Don Lemon. And those are just off the top of my head. There can be no parlaying with these individuals. And since their sentiments are echoed and even amplified, not just by violent lunatics on the fringe, but the mainstream and even leadership of the American Left and Democrat Party, we are neither voting our way out of this nor engaging in civil discourse with them.
We’ll see what happens in 2022 and 2024, IF we actually have elections due to whatever new national emergency that might be dreamed up to cancel them is sprung on us. And with vermin like Stanley McChrystal still slithering around DC, I have no doubt that something is afoot even as we speak.
For my money, the best course of action is at the local level. Get involved there because that is where the rubber meets the road. And with the forcible vaccination mandates, the junta is creating enemies where there were none before. That creates opportunities. With cops, firefighters, nurses, school bus drivers refusing to get the shot or go to work, perhaps a national strike might force not just that issue but a whole host of others. If nothing else it might open the eyes of people that heretofore were blind to the Deep State – now just The State since they are out on the surface and out in the open. That is something that no doubt keeps them up at night, because if we ever were able to organize massively on that level, wow.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- “Only a lunatic or a god thinks he can fight an ‘act of G-d’ and win.” False G-ds vs. Corona-Chan
- Today’s entry in the Clueless Dept., which comes from someone who is otherwise quite with it. Sorry, But a National Split-Up Just Won’t Work
- “Not an isolated incident.” 6-Year-Old Boy Wears Mask in School Photo Following Mom’s Orders
- “The fate of large parts of the U.S. economy consequently depends not on regulatory actions in Washington but on bureaucratic decisions in China. The global world that Joe Biden had hoped to inherit is falling apart right under him, like a comedy car shedding its parts as it rattles down the road. As Niall Stanage of the Hill put it, ‘[so-called quote-unquote “president”] Biden’s biggest vulnerability isn’t any single issue. It’s the risk that he could be seen as losing control of events.'” The Collapse of Biden’s World
AMERICA, AND THE WORLD, IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “I need you to be my apostles,” the governor added, saying that receiving the treatment is how New Yorkers can “love one another.” WATCH: NY Gov. Kathy “Yokel” Hochul Proclaims Unvaccinated People “Aren’t Listening to G-d”
- “Brandon Schadt, J&J’s Regional Business Lead, told the undercover journalist, ‘J&J is like stepping in the best smelling pile of sh-t you could step in.'” Project Veritas Catches J&J Employees Arguing Against Children Getting Vaccinated
- “Last week, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis similarly obtained his own doses of the lifesaving care for Floridians, bypassing Biden.” Gov. Abbott Bypasses Biden on Lifesaving Antibody Care, Obtains Doses For Texas Outside of Ration
- “More than an estimated 100,000-plus health care workers remain unvaccinated as the order takes effect on facilities already facing a nursing shortage.” NY Creates Health Care Worker Shortage With Vax Mandate, Yokel Hochul Plans To Deploy National Guard
- “If you encounter issues in your classroom related to the mayor’s new quarantine guidelines for students, including cases where students are not able to maintain 3 feet of distance, please use this form to document them.” New York City Teachers’ Union Urges Members to “Document” Student Chinese Coronavirus Violations
- “Warning of staff shortages due to the removal of unvaccinated staffers, the city principals’ and teachers’ unions have lobbied for enforcement of the mandate to be delayed.” NYC Sets Friday Vaccine Deadline for School Staffers After Court Lifts Injunction
- “‘Just the psychological pressure these kids are facing, they don’t have that ability to really fight for themselves, so that’s why we, as parents, I feel like we don’t have any other choice,’ says father Mike Bell.” Indiana Parents Sue Governor Over Chinese COVID Rules: “These Are Healthy Kids They’re Quarantining. . . And We’re Just Done”
- “Ar first, I feared karma. But what actually happened was even more compelling.” An “Anti-Vaxxer” Catches Chinese COVID
* * * * *
- “We will never get to 97-98% vaccination in the USA, even if we’re only talking about adults. So wherever the [so-called quote-unquote “president’s”] number comes from, it’s purely aspirational.” Medical Experts Are Unsure Why Biden Thinks 98% of Americans Need to be Vaccinated
- “We already live with four different human coronaviruses that we don’t really ever think about very much and eventually SARS-CoV-2 will become one of those.” Experts: Chinese COVID-19 Will Resemble Common Cold by Spring 2022
- “The document, which obtained over 3,100 signatures around the world, blasts the ‘one size fits all’ treatment recommendations, which have resulted in illness and death.” 3,000-Plus Doctors, Scientists Accuse Chinese COVID Policy Makers of “Crimes Against Humanity”
- “CDC Director Rochelle Walensky overruled one of her agency’s panels on Friday to align herself with Biden’s goals for [Chinese] COVID-19 booster shots.” Walensky Doing Biden’s Booster-Shot Bidding Shows It’s Never Been About “The Science”
- “What’s happened in Madagascar is a microcosm of the disaster that virtue-signaling Western shutdowns have been for the Third World.” Chinese Covid Lockdown, Third-World Edition
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- Salena Zito: “Among Hispanics on the border, the Democrats’ oblivious lack of concern for their real-world concerns is already backfiring.” Life Along the Border Collapses
- “FOX News correspondent Lara Logan reported on Twitter Monday that according to law enforcement sources in the Rio Grand Valley, two vicious drug trafficking syndicates — the Gulf Cartel and the Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG) — have determined that U.S. Border Patrol agents are ‘unprotected under the Biden [junta].'” Report: Mexican Drug Cartels to Provoke More Clashes Between Migrants and Border Patrol So Biden Will Force More Agents Off the Line
CIVIL WAR 2.0: LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, CAPITOL HILL BLACK WEDNESDAY PROTEST AFTERMATH, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- “The New Yorker amplified calls for eco-terrorism last week by inviting Andreas Malm, the Swedish author of ‘How To Blow Up A Pipeline,’ onto its podcast.” (Ted Kaczynski is now the editor? – jjs) New Yorker Amplifies Calls for Pipeline Bombings to Save the Planet
- “I’m not worried for me, but more for my family that they have to read and see this hatred,” [Kash] Patel said in a statement Monday night. “My family, who fled racial persecution, can’t for the life of them imagine that this could happen here in the U.S.” (our speech is violence, their violence is speech – jjs) Trump Ally Receives Racist Death Threats Following Jan. 6 Panel Subpoena
- “When Joe Biden comes for the Bureau Bros, it’s unlikely conservatives will back them. They will be too busy making memes.” The Federal Bureau of Meme Material
THE 2020 ELECTION HEIST AND AFTERMATH
- Margot Cleveland: “While the reports made several significant findings supporting former President Trump’s complaints about the 2020 election, the corporate media ignored those aspects of the audit.” Potentially Election-Shifting Numbers Of Illegal Ballots
- “The audit found a recount vote discrepancy of 994 in the presidential race and 1,167 in the Senate race, but highlighted issues with a whopping 53,305 ballots in total.” Arizona Lawmakers Told About Multiple Inconsistencies Found in Election Audit
- “‘If this new report is true, Facebook has violated Florida law to put its thumb on the scale of numerous state and local races,’ DeSantis said.” Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis Calls For Investigation of Big Tech for Violating Election Laws
- “Maricopa County officials did not offer the details of the federal election law under which the county claimed 23,344 mail-in ballots voted from a prior address is legally authorized.” (it’s under the Because-We-Say-It-Is,-So-STFU/STFD clause, h8trz! – jjs) Maricopa County: 23,344 Mail-In Ballots Voted from a Prior Address “Legal Under Federal Election Law”
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “Isn’t there a general agreement that each parent has the inherent right to make decisions for their own children; without the State usurping that authority?” Colorado School District Fails Schoolchildren
- “The latest bogus racism looks a lot like all the other fake racism: anti-black graffiti, swastikas, and perhaps a noose, followed by local outrage and lots of virtue signaling. The culprit is arrested and liberals try to hide the vandal’s identity because. . . awww shucks, you know why.” (Bilk Black Better – jjs) No Racism? No Problem! College Racial Hoaxes Are Back
- “The privileged identities included being white, a cisgender [aka “normal”] male, having an upper/middle class social status, Christian beliefs and a heterosexual sexual orientation.”School District Reportedly Hired a Consultant to Teach the “Privilege Pie” Chart and a “Pyramid of White Supremacy”
- “After he confronted a Nashville school board about forcing masks on children, he got the bug and decided to take this act on the road.” Winning: Matt Walsh Trolls Woke Loudoun County School Board — And It’s a Sight to Behold
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “A webinar from the radical, anti-Israel Muslim Alliance in North America.” Professors and Activists Spin 9/11 Conspiracies While Claiming Victimhood
- “Critics accused Massie of evoking the anti-Semitic “dual loyalty” trope, in which American Jews are cast as holding loyalty to Israel over the United States. . . Massie was the only House Republican to vote against funding the Iron Dome. The congressman said concern over the country’s debt guided his vote.” Rep. Massie Paints Pro-Israel Group as a Foreign Agent
BIDEN CRIME FAMILY REVELATIONS, AND OTHER CORRUPTION
- “A wealthy [so-called quote-unquote “president”] who has apparently avoided his full tax liabilities wants to make sure the rich pay their fair share.” Joe Biden: Tax Tyrant, Tax Cheat, Tax Hypocrite
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “If he hadn’t tried to kill a president he would have been released unconditionally a long time ago,” U.S. District Court Judge Paul Friedman said. Judge Grants Release for John Hinkley Jr. Over 40 Years After He Shot Reagan
- “The Uniform Crime Report detailed a murder increase of nearly 30 percent.” The FBI Has Released 2020 Crime Statistics–And the Murder Rate Increase Will Shock You
- “A new report from Third Way downplays concerns about the rising tide of violence.”Denying the Crime Spike
- “The charges were based on an argument that the entourage of managers and aides who helped the singer meet girls — and keep them obedient and quiet — amounted to a criminal enterprise.” (Maxine Mikvah Waters declares the conviction is worse than slavery – jjs) R&B Superstar R. Kelly Convicted in Sex Trafficking Trial
- “Two people in Perris, California, have been charged with drug-related felonies after police seized enough opioids to kill 50 million people in what police believe is the largest seizure of a drug known as carfentanil in Riverside County history.” Police Seize Enough Opioids To Kill 50 Million People, Two Arrested
OTHER DEMOCRAT, LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- “What other New York Mayor has been as loyal to his mother’s — in this case, very subversive — politics?” Was Bill DeBolshevik’s Mom a Commie? The FBI’s Maria de Blasio File
- “Local officials blame school cancellations on enhanced unemployment benefits.” DCCC Chair Said Stimulus Would Fuel School Reopenings. In His District, It Hasn’t.
- “This marks the first time it has fallen to 40 percent in the survey, although Biden has come close, reaching 42 percent a handful of times throughout September.” Poll: Joe Biden’s Approval Tanks to Record Low; Half “Strongly” Disapprove
- “They set one fire and before the American people can react, put it out, or demand accountability, this arsonist [junta] sets a new fire. The upshot is an overwhelmed citizenry that watches nearly frozen — incapable of any action or strategy to put out the flames. Just as one fire burns, another begins. We are quickly becoming a nation engulfed in flames, surrounded, with no chance of fighting.” The Arson Strategy of the Biden Junta
- “Will Biden’s crashing approval ratings hurt Democrats’ chances of holding onto the Senate? It certainly looks that way right now.” Odds for a Republican Takeover of the Senate Keep Getting Better
- Conrad Black: “Anti-Trump and NeverTrump Republicans won’t help Democrats. America and the world should start preparing for Donald Trump’s return..” Democrats Repeat the Mistakes of 2016
- “It’s turning into this generation’s ‘the wave.’ Remember the wave?” The “Fuck Joe Biden” Chant Is EVERYWHERE
- “Wyoming Republican Congresswoman Liz Cheney drew another big-name endorsement last week: Occupy Democrats.” Occupy Democrats Endorses Liz-ard Cheney
- Lloyd Billingsley: “What happened when California replaced a Dem governor with ‘girly man’ Schwarzenegger.” RINO Studies
- “Leftist elitists still believe that their globalist-centered policies have created positive change by trying to remake the world in their own image.” Why the Globalists Hate Populism
- Larry Elder: “The ruthlessness of leftist media.” Reflection of My Failed Campaign
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “In the correction, the NY Times admitted that the original article ‘overstated’ what was going on at the border.” (the correction appeared on the Obituary page, in 1/2 point type – jjs) NY Times Corrects Claim That Border Patrol Used Reins to “Whip” Haitian Migrants
- “The New York Times has been a driving force behind establishment media narratives since its inception 170 years ago. However, the outlet’s reporting on issues ranging from pre-World War II Europe to the Trump administration has included false information that it has been forced to correct or retract.” ANALYSIS: Top 10 Biggest Whoppers Published by The New York Times
- “Because they failed so miserably in finding any damning evidence against the administration in this litigation, the Times had to invent a false ‘gotcha’ story about me.”The New York Times Invents Yet Another False Story To Smear Trump Administration
- “Shelley Ross, who accused CNN anchor Chris Cuomo of sexual harassment in a New York Times op-ed last week, blasted the network anchor again on Friday over his response.”Fredo Cuomo Accuser Rips His Defense: “No More Enlightened Today Than He Was Then”
- “Stossel and his attorneys argue that “Facebook and its ‘fact-check’ vendors are currently serving as judge, jury, and executioner regarding whether users are on the ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ side of a complex scientific debate.” IT’S ON: John Stossel Sues Facebook’s Fact-Checkers for Defamation
- “Ozy Media took donations from Ford Foundation, Laurene Powell Jobs, Charles Koch Institute.” Taxpayer Dollars Flowed to Media Company Now Under FBI Investigation
- Rabbi Dov Fischer: “In fact, it is Jonathan Greenblatt of the ADL who needs to be terminated, not Tucker.” Yoo Hoo, Tucker Carlson, We’re Here and We’ve Got Your Back
- “Tucker Carlson recently excoriated the ADL after the organization’s [apostate self-gassing Joo] CEO, Jonathan Greenblatt, accused him of xenophobia and called for him to be fired from Fox News.” “Fire Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar”: The Right Fights Back After ADL Demands Tucker Carlson’s Termination
- “Republicans least trusting in media, though Democrats also have serious issues with media coverage (yeah, like conservative blogs that actually report the facts honstly – jjs) I&I/TIPP Poll: Americans’ Trust In Media Continues To Crumble
- Christopher Rufo: “Americans have moved past the 1960s. It’s past time for the media to take note.” Left-Leaning Media’s Latest Lies About Crackpot Disg-Race Theory
- “[T]hese students have been well trained to follow orders. And if that means eventually rounding up these unclean malcontents, then so be it. It is far better for society to remove unclean people from sight than force the clean and pure to tolerate them.” Today’s Blacklisted American: Unvaccinated Students at Penn State Banned From RemoteClasses
- “If one were to take the [junta’s] legal brief as historically correct, one would conclude that the United States is a nation founded on firearms restrictions rather than firearms freedom. Moreover, the Justice Department lawyers declare that New York’s highly prohibitory handgun permitting law is ‘most modest!'” Former Rep Bob Barr: The Biden Junta’s Laughable 2nd Amendment Arguments to the Supreme Court
- “Abortion supports a materialistic and selfish culture, in which wealth and status are the measure of a life, and relationships are about looking out for number one, rather than mutual love and self-giving.” The Long-Awaited End to Roe v. Wade Will Be Just the Beginning
BIDEN AFGHANISTAN BUG-OUT DISASTER
- “The Kremlin apparently offered the Biden [junta] the opportunity to let the U.S. military use Russian bases in the Middle East to respond to terror threats now that the U.S. has withdrawn its forces from Afghanistan.” (Russkies don’t take a dump without a plan, so in exchange for what? – jjs) Report: White House Told Vanilli Milley to Pursue Russia’s Help in Combatting Terrorism in Afghanistan After U.S. Withdrawal
- “The State Department was working to get those people on flights out of Afghanistan, said the official, who briefed reporters on condition of anonymity.” (probably 10 times that number if we ever find out – jjs) About 100 Americans Still Trying To Leave Afghanistan, Official Says
- Taliban co-founder Mullah Turabi: “We will follow Islam and we will make our laws on the Quran.” Taliban Hangs Bodies in Public as Sharia Law Returns to Afghanistan
- “He learned his withdrawal shtick when in charge of U.S. troop withdrawal from Iraq.”When Joe Does Afghanistan
- U.S. Central Command spokesman Army Maj. John Rigsbee said in a statement Kabir Aidi (also known as “Mustafa”) had been directly connected to the threats facing the U.S.-military led evacuation mission at the airport, including “the reported distribution of explosives and suicide vests.” One Month On, Pentagon Names One of Two Men Killed in Afghanistan Strike, Links Him to Airport Attack
- Raymond Ibrahim: “Just as the Obama administration did to the Christians of Syria.” Biden Junta Blocks Rescue of Persecuted Christians from Afghanistan
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “Socialist SPD stakes claim to form a coalition government; right-wing AfD makes big gains in the East.” German Election: Merkel’s Era Ends in a Disaster as Conservatives Suffer Worst Defeat in Post-War History
- “Pro-China forces in Hong Kong’s government recently accused the group of ‘acting as the agent of a foreign power, with leaders Chow Hang-tung, Albert Ho, and Lee Cheuk-yan arrested on suspicion of ‘incitement to subvert state power,’ and the group’s assets frozen,’ RFA recalled on September 27.” Hong Kong “Tiananmen Vigil” Group Disbands Citing Chinese Pressure
- “Sink the fleet, shoot down the air armada, kill, capture, or wound the soldiers that land on Taiwan. If we can do that, it’s actually a pretty low standard, think Britain 1940. If we can do that, we may not win the war in the end, but it’ll be enough.” (and when the filthy commie mongoloids launch missiles at us, then what? – jjs) Top Defense Expert Warns China “Likely to Go for an Invasion” of Taiwan, Reveals What U.S. Must Do
- “Qatar is a growing influence inside the United States. But its reputation as a peacebuilder and a counter-extremism ally, which it uses for both foreign policy goals and domestic outreach to US public and influencers, has been built on deception and disinformation.”Qatar Undermines Israeli-Arab Peace and U.S. Interests
- “Lawmakers say report could be used to target terror group’s funding channels.” Biden Junta Withholds Report on Hezbollah’s Financial Empire
- “The cost of our therapeutic delusions and cultural arrogance.” Tragedy, Therapy, and the Challenge of Jihad
$1 TRILLION “INFRASTRUCTURE” SELLOUT, $3.5 TRILLION SOCIALIST TRANSFORMATION
- If I thought for a second that the GOP was a legitimate party that represented America, Americans and sanity, and this was not just kabuki/bukkake theater, I’d actually sit up and take notice. Senate Republicans Filibuster Government Funding Bill Over Debt Ceiling Provision With Three Days Until Shutdown
- “The bill, which aims to move America closer to a European-style social-welfare state, will shorten the fuse on a debt bomb that’s already set to detonate.” Democrats’ Massive Spending Plan Will Blow Up US Budget for Generations
- “Pelosi claims she must delay because it doesn’t have the votes to pass. Really? It’s hard to believe the bipartisan [infrastructure] bill couldn’t get enough Republican support to make up for lefty defections. Far more likely, she’s holding it hostage as she strives to save the $3.5 trillion spendapalooza that won’t win a single GOP vote — because it’s poison for the US economy.” Malig-Nancy Pelosi Breaks Her Word to Moderates to Appease the Far Left — Again
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE, THE COURTS
- “In South Africa, citizens learned to do without mismanaged public services or developed workarounds, something Baltimore residents haven’t learned yet.” Of All the Third-World Cities I’ve Lived In, Baltimore Was the Worse
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “At first glance, this seems to be a sign of economic resilience in the face of the Delta variant, which was running rampant in August. And in most cases, businesses ordering more goods is a sign that they are optimistic about the coming months. Inflation, however, scrambles those signals.” Durable Goods Orders Show We’re Paying More, Getting Less
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “Elon Musk seems like the sort of transhumanist you can trust.” Elon Musk’s Crusade to Save You — By Destroying Your Humanity
- “To put it mildly, these results are uncertain. We simply could be seeing the long term random fluctuations in the storm, or the change could simply be a reflection of the data’s margin of error. Moreover, since the data covers only the top layer of the Great Red Spot, it tells us nothing about the storm’s deeper regions or its more fundamental origins.” Data Suggest the Winds in Jupiter’s Great Red Spot Are Changling
- “The U.S. now leads China 35 to 33 in the national rankings. In 2020 the U.S. completed 40 launches total, the most since 1968. At the moment there are sixteen more U.S. launches scheduled for launch in 2021. If all occur as planned, that would make 51 launches, making ’21 the fifth best launch year for the U.S. ever, exceeded only by four years in the mid-1960s.” ULA Successfully Launches Landsat 9
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- Daniel Greenfield: “What’s the purpose of feminism without women except to prevent birthing people from birthing?” Feminism Without Women
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “It’s official: Hollywood has now lost its last marble.” Wokefinger: Sean Connery’s James Bond a Rapist?!
- Robert Spencer: “All their supposedly banned books are the usual far-Left propaganda that inundates us everywhere today, and they omit all mention of the real censorship threat today, which is coming not from conservatives, but from the Left itself.” Ibram X. Krement Is Marginalized? Hey, It’s Banned Leftist Books Week!
- “From removing the triggering word, ‘guys’ to a storyline of a ‘transgender pregnant man,’ Survivor has fallen into the identity politics trap.” New Season of Survivor Caves to the Woke Requirements of Modern Reality Television
- “We won’t be altering people’s quotes. It was a mistake among the digital team. Changing quotes is not something we ever did.” (not so that people were supposed to notice, anyway – jjs) ACLU Leader Says “It Was a Mistake” to Alter Ruth Bader Ginsburg Quote About Women, Strip References to Women
- Christian Toto: “New doc shares how Just Dept. dubbed group’s Juggalo fans ‘hybrid’ gang members.” Insane Clown Posse — First Amendment Heroes?
- “Today’s progressives are heirs to a long tradition of abusing words to advance their policy goals.” The Linguistic Equivalent of War
- “If the Left ever decides to be consistent in its impulse to cancel, here are some suggestions for cleaning their own house.” Top 10 Progressive Icons to Tear Down for Their Racism
- “Angelo Codevilla’s America’s Ruling Class still holds up today — in fact, it’s more pertinent than ever.” Learning from Angelo Codevilla
HITHER & YON
- “Clint scores again, in more ways than one.” The Good, the Bad, and the Unlikely
NOTE: The opinions expressed in some links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.