Good morning, kids. Thursday and the penultimate day of Year Zero Plus 1. The ghost of undead America Past is shambling its way into a midterm election year, going through the usual motions of trying to stop an avalanche of totalitarian madness via the usual processes and traditions yet not quite realizing that we have passed into an alien realm where none of that counts for much, if anything. In truth, it’s not alien since we have watched it grind millions of people into a mass grave in other countries and either thanked our lucky stars it wasn’t us or shrugged our shoulders and declared it a local crime story. All the while, we were blissfully unaware of the slow, creeping rot consuming us from within or, worse, aware of it and living in the proverbial “river in Egypt.”
But here we are, with an illegitimate junta that can, will and has used the instrumentalities of government to crush all voices of dissent and, more alarmingly, those who support it from outside the government that will act as its unofficial Gestapo, eager to impose its will on family, friends, neighbors and colleagues not down with the program. I’ve stated it before but it’s worth repeating; while elections (free or otherwise) have consequences, what good is winning them if a) the party known as the GOP will do nothing except at best act as seat warmers for the anti-Americans and worse b) a sizable chunk of the population is in effect an enemy foreign camp that at one time shared a common past with us, but has renounced and denounced it to a point where it views the rest of us who want to preserve it as an evil that must be eradicated?
Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene renewed calls for a “national divorce” between red and blue states, arguing that Americans who move to conservative states from California and New York should have a “cooling off” period before they are allowed to vote.
The outspoken GOP congresswoman tweeted her comment Wednesday in response to a thread from a man who said he was moving from the San Francisco Bay area to Miami, and was wary about Florida politics.
Greene, 47, agreed with a Twitter user who supported “discriminating against transplants” by imposing a “sin” tax on them and banning them from the polls “for a period.”
“All possible in a National Divorce scenario,” Greene wrote. “After Democrat voters and big donors ruin a state like California, you would think it wise to stop them from doing it to another great state like Florida. Brainwashed people that move from CA and NY really need a cooling off period.”
Say what you will about Greene but she is not wrong. Of course, what is missing from this article is the rationale behind the call for a separation, which I have attempted to do above. Critics blasted Greene and slimed her by declaring she is calling for a hot civil war. In fact, she is calling for just the opposite. A separation and division, regardless of the practicalities of how that is achieved, is what is required to prevent bloodshed. The fact is it is the Left and those who are allegedly its leaders in politics, the media and academia that have been the loudest proponents of eliminationist rhetoric since the Trump era and before it. It is we who have been on the receiving end of it, from hate shakes, to Molotov cocktails to mass shootings of politicians and on and on and on. Yet when we protest, our speech is violence.
The hard truth is I don’t think a national divorce, even if it were to come about, would work in the long run. Within months, Blue America would devolve into Snake Plissken Land while Red-State America would prosper. If the latter didn’t build a neo-Great Wall to keep the former out, the former would build a neo-Berlin Wall to keep their own in. But Greene touched on another point; people who flee Blue shit-hole cities and states yet retain their worldview and voting habits not realizing what they voted for is why they are fleeing in the first place. Or as Mark Levin calls them, “locusts.”
Will what has happened to us – and them – over the last “two weeks” (94 in non-woke math) that has caused these mass exoduses from the Newsoms and DeBolsheviks finally be a great awakening? There are encouraging signs, albeit anecdotal, that it is. But only time will tell. And the way things are going, there isn’t much of that left.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- “Multiple child-abuse deaths in the state make clear that its approach to protecting vulnerable kids is not working.” Seeking Answers in Maine
- “A warning 61 years ago has never been more relevant.” American Prophet: Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Heather Mac Donald: “. . . such officer killings strike at the very heart of our civilization. A society that turns its eyes away from attacks on law enforcement (except when they confirm a favored media narrative) is a society that is heading for anarchy. The crime wave of the last two years suggests that we are well on our way to just such a disintegration of law and order.” Where is the Outrage Over the Killing of Baltimore Police Officer Keona Holley?
CIVIL WAR 2.0: LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, CAPITOL HILL BLACK WEDNESDAY PROTEST AFTERMATH, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- “Democracy is under attack. However, not by the people who illegally entered the Capitol on January 6th, 2021, but instead by a committee whose members walk freely in its halls every day.” Far-Left Jan 6 Commission Demands Bank Records of Trump Staff in Bizarre Intimidation Attempt
- “Out of respect to my senior leaders, I haven’t done a single interview since this began. But now it’s my turn. My television media blitz starts with Tucker Carlson on 4 January.” Stuart Scheller Discharged from Marines: “Unfortunately for Them, the War Isn’t Over”
- Robert Spencer: “Again and again, the hate crimes that are invoked as evidence of the “white supremacist” violence that the government and media tell us so much about turn out to be fake.” Yet Another Hate Crime Hoax, This Time in Maryland
- “I believe Republicans are going to re-take the majority, and I want to make sure we’re worthy of it, and that we have a plan and a strategy. So I would convert every committee in the Congress to an oversight committee — and I think every committee has an investigation they should be running. And this is a stark contrast to the Paul Ryan vision of a Republican majority with a Democrat president,” Matt Gaetz: “Nothing More Dangerous” Than “Weaponization” of DOJ Against People Who Go to School Board Meetings
AMERICA, AND THE WORLD, IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- One protester: “As a black man I feel like I’m being pushed to the side and I don’t count unless I jump through the hoops of what the government tells me to do, and they are demanding that they invade my body autonomy.” NYPD Kicks Out Mom, Upset Child From Applebee’s Over Vaccine Cards, Arrest Others
- Both the teacher and the flight crew have lost their minds, and being a Chicago teacher means there ain’t much brain matter to lose in the first place. Chicago Teacher Quarantines in Plane’s Bathroom for 4 Hours After Testing Positive for Chinese COVID-19
- Lloyd Billingsley: “Dr. Doom’s colossal conflict of interest.” Fauci’s Wife Heads Department of Bioethics at NIH
- “‘Help or get out of the way.” Florida, Texas Officials Slam Biden Administration for Ineffective Monoclonal Antibody Distribution
- “So the decision was made — although it’s not completely risk-free — of saying, ‘Let’s get that cut in half so that we can have 50% of the 10-days. . . and people can actually be out with a mask in society.” Fauci Says Extended Chinese COVID-19 Isolation Could Have “Major Negative Impact On Our Ability To Keep Society Running”
- “It’s one more failure that sticks to the Biden [junta’s] reputation like glue.” Here’s What Biden’s Failure to Order Enough Chinese COVID Tests Could Mean for You
- The CDC, in its press release announcing the changes, said it was “motivated by science demonstrating that the majority of SARS-CoV-2 transmission occurs early in the course of illness, generally in the 1-2 days prior to onset of symptoms and the 2-3 days after.” CDC Director Walensky Says Shortening Isolation Guidance Was Partly Due To What Americans Could “Tolerate”
* * * * *
- “It’s everything about the vaccine, and if you’re not vaccinated you’re unclean. You’re like a leper.” Rand Paul: Thousands Dying Every Month Because of Fauci’s Obsession With Pushing Vaccines
- “The pharmaceutical giant — whose U.S. lobbying efforts hit an all-time high in the past year — expressed its pride for the brutal, communist regime . . .” Pfizer Partnered With China’s Vaccine Passport Platform, Admits Being “Proud to Stand With China Leaders”
- “There is no problem too big for this [so-called quote-unquote “president”] to run away from.” Biden Gives Chinese COVID the Kamala Harris Can’t-Do Border Treatment
- “Imposing a vax mandate for air travel could be the opening step for far greater restrictions on Americans’ freedom of movement. The Associated Press reported in August that the Biden [junta] is considering “mandating vaccines for interstate travel’ but is delaying any such decree until Americans are ‘ready for the strong-arming from the federal government.'” (the AP is doing its part to make us “ready” – jjs) Air Travel Vax Mandate Will Not Do Much to Eliminate Chinese COVID
- “While officials in Arkansas, Florida, Iowa, Kansas, and Tennessee have created ways to compensate workers who lost their jobs over a once-private medical decision, Ezekiel Emanuel said the unvaccinated don’t deserve any exceptions created based on ‘politics.'”Former Biden Adviser Bristles as GOP States Help Workers Fired Over Vaxx
- “Thanks to our government ‘benefactors,’ [Chinese] COVID is the gift that keeps on giving.” A Very Omicron Christmas
- “France will ban concessions at cinemas and all consumables on public transport from January 3rd in order to ‘combat’ the spread of the Omicron variant.” In Latest Ludicrous Chinese COVID Measures, France Bans . . . Popcorn?
- “Fauci’s 55 years in the federal government makes him eligible for an annual retirement package of more than $350,000, which would increase through annual cost-of-living adjustments . . . Fauci is currently the highest-paid employee in the federal government, raking in $434,321 in 2020.” Fauci on Track to Collect Heftiest Federal Retirement in U.S. History
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “Never been weaker.” U.S. Trade Deficit ‘Mushroomed to a Record’ in November
- “California and New York have the highest minimum wages in the country at $15 per hour.”26 States to Raise Minimum Wage in 2022
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “Maxwell refused to testify at the trial but her lawyers argued that she is being blamed for the crimes and actions of Epstein, who died in 2019 in the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York City while awaiting his trial on federal sex-trafficking charges.” Epstein Co-Conspirator Ghislaine Maxwell Found Guilty Of Sex Trafficking Minor Girls
- “Well, there’s woke and then there’s just plain stupid. Washington state Democrats are vying to become the best stupid they can be, bless ’em.” Washington State Democrats Want Decreased Penalties for Drive-By Shooters Because . . . Aw, You Guessed
- Sen. Cotton: Might I suggest removing the source of the cancer and his spawn from Planet Earth and confiscating every last red cent in their possession? After them, you can start in on Hans Georg Wyss, Laurene Jobs and Bill Gates, and then the Ford, Rockefeller and Macarthur Foundations. Tom Cotton: War on Crime Must Begin with Recalling, Removing “Every Last Soros” District Attorney
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- Melissa Chen: “In light of the lawsuits, this seems convenient for Harvard. Now they can freely discriminate to achieve desired racial quotas without worrying about any data on file that would make such discrimination obvious to the casual onlooker.” Harvard Dropping SAT Requirement for Several More Years Enables More Anti-Asian Discrimination
- “This story epitomizes the true state of the professional education community that runs public schools: foolish, bigoted, hateful of all of western civilization, and — worst of all — willfully ignorant. These so-called teachers not only do not know much, when successfully questioned about their ignorance they’d rather make up facts than rethink their actions, do some real research, and learn something.” Today’s Blacklisted American: NY Elementary School Bans Singing “Jingle Bells”
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “If states and localities do let those who are not U.S. citizens to vote in elections, they shouldn’t get U.S. citizen taxpayer money.” Senate Republicans Moving to Ban Federal Funds for Cities and States That Let Non-Citizens Vote
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “In the fantasy world of toxic anti-Israel activists, they are always the victim.” The Ascent of the Crybully in Campus Anti-Israel Activism
$1 TRILLION “INFRASTRUCTURE” SELLOUT, $3.5 TRILLION SOCIALIST TRANSFORMATION, DEBT CEILING/BUDGETARY INSANITY
- “Among the wealthy Americans who reacted to the policy was Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk: ‘Eventually, they run out of other people’s money and then they come for you.’ However, it appears that Democrats have since turned to other tax vehicles . . .”Democrats Appear To Back Down From ‘Unrealized Capital Gains’ Tax
- “If last November’s election is a harbinger, the Democrats are looking to get their unisex pants beaten off them. Then onto 2024.” Was 2021 Trump’s Best Year Ever?
- “After Democrat voters and big donors ruin a state like California, you would think it wise to stop them from doing it to another great state like Florida. Brainwashed people that move from CA and NY really need a cooling off period.” Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene Suggests a “National Divorce” Between Red and Blue States
- Lloyd Billingsley: “Unique distinctions now await the Delaware Democrat.” Biden Gets His GOAT
- “With the Senate tied 50-50, just a few key races will decide which party controls Congress’ upper chamber for the last two years of [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Joe Biden’s first term.” (as if there’ll be a second one, for a multitude of reasons – jjs) These Are the Most Important Senate Races In 2022
- “He’d fit in better with the GOP than with AOC.” Will Joe Manchin Cross the Aisle?
- “There is no radical Right. And for Democrat Party voters, there is no mainstream Left, either.” There Is No Radical Right
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “Malone contributed to the development of mRNA vaccine technology, performing an experiment as a graduate student at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies in which he blended strands of mRNA with fat droplets which, when applied to human cells, caused the cells to start producing proteins, Nature reported. Malone hypothesized that this newfound technology could be used to treat illnesses as a drug.” Twitter Suspends Account Of Prominent Vaccine Scientist and Skeptic
- Robert Spencer: “Such is the true extent of the problem posed by the social media giants: not only do they, as many already know, censor those who expose Islamic hate and violence; they also allow Islamic hate and violence to proliferate and radicalize Muslims.” Social Media NOT Censoring Muslim Hate Speech and Incitement to Murder
- “. . . when asked for a fun challenge by the 10-year old, Alexa pulled a random example from the web: touching a penny to the exposed prongs of a phone charger while it is halfway plugged into a power outlet.” Amazon Alexa’s Deadly Electrocution “Challenge” Suggestion to 10-Year-Old Has Origins in TikTok Trend
- AP = Always propagandize. AP Quotes Mayor Attacking Ron DeSantis, Doesn’t Mention He’s Married To DeSantis’ Political Rival
- Jeffrey Lord: “An absurd offensive by Bush speechwriter Pete Wehner.” The AtlanticAttacks Don Trump Jr.
- “The New York Times’ deputy Asia editor, Carlos Tejada, dropped dead of a heart attack at the age of 49, a day after taking his Moderna booster shot.” Will the NYT Start Asking Some Questions About How Safe Chinese COVID Vaccines Are, Now That They’ve Lost An Editor?
BIDEN AFGHANISTAN BUG-OUT DISASTER
- “They get nothing. The U.S. government doesn’t see any duty to evacuate these guys. And they are dead. They are dead. They are dead if they get caught,” Owen also explained to Mills. “I’ve had three executed in the last two weeks, one in front of his wife and children.”Groups Claim State Department Hampering Afghanistan Rescue Efforts
- “It’s a culture thing.” Here’s What Makes Modernizing Afghanistan Impossible
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “Biden’s call with Putin is set for 3:30 pm ET and will be the second time the two leaders have spoken in December. Earlier this month, Biden spoke with Putin as Russian-Ukraine tensions continued to build.” Biden Set To Speak With Putin Today
- “If the leader of the only superpower in the world today is unable to formulate a unified policy to deal with the public health crisis, and only brag about goals to win more votes, then the US’ system and leadership are dubious.” (well, the evil, heathen Mongoloids are right about that, especially since November 2020, though not quite the way they think – jjs)China Uses Biden’s ‘No Federal Solution’ Comment To Create Anti-American Propaganda
- “The increasing controls over Hong Kong are new examples of China’s aggressive policy in projecting its power in the world.” China Clamps Down on Hong Kong
- “His strategic clarity is woefully missing today.” China’s Taiwan Threats: Lessons From Eisenhower
- “The question of whether Washington should defend Taiwan from a Chinese attack would go away if Beijing saw America actually restoring its power.” How to Stop China from Invading Taiwan
- “Ignoring the facts, they spin a narrative that’s a combination of religious doctrine and hard-core leftism.” Church Leaders Misplace the Blame for Christian Persecution in the Middle East
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- Sound of 50 million Japanese tourists laughing their asses of and saying “been there, done that.” China Builds Satellite That Can Take High-Quality Photos Of American Cities
- Daniel Greenfield: “A counter-jihadist collides with his evil twin.” When Daniel Greenfield Joined ISIS
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE, THE COURTS
- Larry Elder: “The loss of personal and economic freedom.” No Wonder Why People and Businesses Are Dumping California
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “So far he’s been all talk.” What’s Biden’s Next Move on Climate?
- “Patrick Moore’s new book argues that these prophecies of doom come from the same old thing — human self-interest.” Invisible Catastrophes: Why Global Warming Goons Sell Fake Science
- Terry Jeffrey: “Human beings are not a liability for this planet that G-d gave us. They are the reason it exists. And when they are allowed to live in freedom, they make life better, not worse, for the generations that follow them.” Liberal Goal Nearly Achieved in 2021: Zero Population Growth
- “Quantitative easing and soy for Thanksgiving,” added Sen. Cynthia Lummis (R-WY). “Let’s save America from these people.” Vanderbilt Professor Says Bugs, Including Fly Larvae, “Must Be a Bigger Part of the Human Food Chain”
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “The person featured is male. This headline and story are violations of any decent standards. And of course they are affronts to language and its purpose. How could journalists and editors make the decision to lie like this?” Erasing Women: Trans Jeopardy! Contestant Takes Crown for Highest-Earning Female Win Streak
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- Victor Davis Hanson: “Never in history has such a mediocre, but self-important and ungracious generation owed so much, and yet expressed so little gratitude to its now dead forebears.” The Ungracious — and Their Demonization of the Past
- “Why all the relish in suggesting that the State of Israel is a breeding ground for the most vicious and ruthless enablers of American and international crime?” Ex-Mossad is Network Crime Dramas’ New Symbol of Ruthless Villainy
- “A new book by Shillman Fellow Jason Hill offers a bold take on racial justice.” What Do White Americans Owe Black People?
- Christian Toto: “The hard-left sites assault ‘fresh’ football drama that downplays Christianity.” (be sure to check out Toto’s new book on Hollywood woke-ism in the sidebar – jjs) Critics Sneer at American Underdog, Faith-Based Audiences
HITHER & YON
- “The great novelist’s defense of the nonpolitical continues to resonate.” Thomas Mann’s Dilemma
- “John Madden was more than just a football coach or broadcaster. He changed the way Americans think about the game.” John Madden’s Legacy Goes Beyond the Press Box
NOTE: The opinions expressed in some links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.