Good morning, kids. Start of a new week, and once again so many crucial things are happening simultaneously, each one in its own right able to provide Ace and all the cobs enough fodder to devote an entire week’s worth of posts, while giving every decent American-American still hanging tough agita you could light a bonfire with. So, attempting to take it all in at once is like trying to take a sip of water not merely from a firehose but by standing underneath the Three Gorges Dam, mouth agape, as Hop Sing opens the flood gate.
Honestly, I really do not know where to begin. With Canadian truckers and citizenry attempting to wrest their freedom and dignity back from naked, ugly tyranny masquerading as representative (lower case “D”) democratic government, ditto on this side of the 49th parallel despite a transparent, in your face “wag the dog” scenario over Ukraine, I feel almost guilty in turning my attention to something that the very subject of the topic once infamously bellowed “At this point, what difference does it make?!” I have to say, all things considered, maybe that sentiment is right. Our entire world has been turned upside down and we are at a fin de siècle. Is it really worth the time, energy and bile shooting up my throat to cover the news about John Durham and Russiagate?
In Apocalypse Now Capt. Willard pondered the notion of arresting an American in Vietnam for murder and thought it was like “handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500.” So really, in the middle of everything we are experiencing, does the confirmation now – because we all knew it from the very beginning, really – of the first unsuccessful attempt to sabotage a candidate and steal a national election which led to a second attempt to sabotage a presidency and then the successful theft of the subsequent national election, really make a difference in the grand scheme of things?
So there you have it.
Russiagate, the collective delusion that Donald Trump was secretly a Russian agent aided and abetted by the Kremlin, the topic of uncountable inches of Washington Post and New York Times copy and the entire prime-time lineup of MSNBC, was a dirty trick by the Hillary Clinton campaign. Not just part of it. All of it. One of the most diabolical, successful misinformation campaigns ever concocted.
We already knew that the Steele dossier was garbage. Christopher Steele was paid indirectly by the Clinton campaign to dig up dirt, which he did by turning to other Clinton operatives, laundering every outlandish rumor about Trump he could find into an “investigative” document. . .
. . . Now another piece of Russia, Russia, Russia is kaputski. A computer server operated by Trump’s company was secretly communicating with a Russian firm, so claimed Slate magazine and endless Twitter threads of would-be tech experts.
But as special counsel John Durham outlines in his latest indictment, that was just a story made up by tech executive Rodney Joffe, who desperately wanted a job with the Clinton administration. He hacked Trump’s servers, cherry-picked privileged Internet data he had access to, and molded it to look like something nefarious. . .
. . . Durham “definitely showed that the Hillary Clinton campaign directly funded and ordered its lawyers at Perkins Coie to orchestrate a criminal enterprise to fabricate a connection between President Trump and Russia,” says Kash Patel, the former chief investigator for the House Intelligence Committee. . .
. . . If this had happened to a Democrat, the press would be losing its mind. A candidate for president weaponized the nation’s Justice Department to pursue an investigation into their political opponent based on what they knew were lies. Americans were wiretapped! Some were entrapped for flimsy claims of perjury. The director of the FBI went into the Oval Office to tell the president that there was a sexual rumor floating around, so that it could be promptly leaked to the media. Outrageous doesn’t cover it. And still no shame from Hillary Clinton and her supporters, because it’s Donald Trump — anything is fair game to take him down.
All these things we’ve been lectured about over the past four years: Norms being broken, Internet misinformation, perversion of government — it was all happening. It was the Democrats who were doing it. Think anyone in the left-wing media will notice?
Look, let’s be real here. There is no way in hell Hillary Clinton as well as every player involved in this and all the other acts of high crimes, misdemeanors and dictionary-definition treason she has ever committed will ever be punished. Not on this earth, anyway. But it does not take away from the fact that what she and her henchmen in and out of government as well as here and even abroad did in the campaign to quite literally overthrow the nation is the greatest political crime in our now ended history, and perhaps among the greatest in world history over the past several centuries, bar none.
Even though it happened starting six years ago or even when Trump descended the Trump Tower escalator the year before that, it’s not yesterday’s news. As I just stated, the gravity of the crime/crimes stand on their own, but because of it, and because they got away with it then and will get away with it now, all of the subsequent assaults on our liberty, figurative and literal, from the Joey Soft Serve junta are the result.
Those of us in college during those years who were not leftists never had any illusions about who these people were. From the start, they were open in their contempt for the United States, for its history and traditions, even for the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. When they said they believed in the first amendment, we knew they didn’t mean it, that they were just using it as a shield until such time it could be discarded. . . Now their pampered behinds are turning 70 and in some cases pushing 80, veterans all of the Long March through the Institutions, but their attitudes haven’t changed one bit. As charter members of the largest generation in American history, they have long known they would inherit the earth, as if by divine right. And yet here, at the end, they’re having to take guff from people who have no idea who Michel Foucault or Herbert Marcuse was. . .
. . . And what guff! “My body, my choice.” How dare they throw those words back into our faces? The most neurotic and hypochondriacal generation of all time is convinced that when they issue an “order” in the name of “public health” it is to be obeyed by lesser mortals. Why shouldn’t “climate skeptics,” the unvaccinated, and all the purveyors of ” mis- dis- and mal-information (MDM)” be watched closely by the Man? Why, even the Department of Homeland Security, brought to you by the Bush Family of Connecticut and Texas, believes that independent thought and free speech, those hallmarks of the Sixties, now pose a danger to “our democracy!”. . .
. . . Back in the day, the comic strip Pogo, by Walt Kelly, was immensely popular. Perhaps its most famous moment came on April 22, 1970—the first Earth Day—when Kelly drew a poster depicting his title character, a possum, sadly contemplating a trash-strewn landscape and observing, “We have met the enemy and he is us.” The Left loved that sentiment then, and they love it now. Except that the players have switched sides.
Great essay, as usual, from friend and friend of the blog Michael Walsh. When he sent me the link, I asked, if by the grace of G-d in Heaven we do claw our way back and defeat these tyrants, how do we prevent them from ever coming back and doing this again? It really is the conundrum that got us here in the first place. To wit, how does a free society protect itself from this kind of existential threat without discarding the very freedoms it seeks to preserve and protect in order to do so?
Solve that and win a cookie.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- “According to Stephen Soukup, the author of The Dictatorship of Woke Capital, organizations like BlackRock are part of a top-down, anti-democratic movement that aims to change the relationship between businesses and their customers, citizens, and the state, and to forever alter the way public policy is made.” BlackRock CEO Larry Fink Is Trying to Change the World Using Other People’s Money
- Richard Fernandez: “Perhaps it will turn out to be the awaited Great Reset after all, but not the version the organizers of the World Economic Forum expected but something altogether different; and it will have come from other aspirations and towns than a small resort village in Switzerland.” The World Turns on “Davos Man”
- Heather Mac Donald: “Following the lead of other major cultural institutions, the Metropolitan Museum of Art redefines its purpose as overcoming the racism of Western civilization.” Distort the Present, Rewrite the Past
- Robert Spencer: “Biden’s handlers bring us to the late, decadent stage before the destruction.” Caligula’s Horse in the Senate, Biden’s Dog in the Department of Energy
- “My wife and I endorse that hope, doing what we can, writing and speaking on behalf of the truckers and, like many Canadians, digging into our savings to support their movement. But will that be enough? I confess that I am not sure. When the preponderance of a nation has wilfully surrendered to demagogic authority and heedlessly behaves as instructed, is that nation really worth saving? Can it be saved?” The Canadian Dilemma in a Nutshell
- Michael Walsh: “‘We have met the enemy and he is us.’ The Left loved that sentiment then, and they love it now. Except that the players have switched sides. And this time, the whole world is watching them.” “The Whole World is Watching”
CIVIL WAR 2.0: LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, CAPITOL HILL BLACK WEDNESDAY PROTEST AFTERMATH, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- “The document makes several claims that the U.S. continues to uphold institutionalized racism before outlining potential remedies.” (let me guess; whitey has to pay – jjs) Dems Declare “Unconditional War on Racism” in Bill Establishing a $70 Billion Federal, “Reconciliation” Agency
- “The irony, of course, is that Adams, a black man with a troubled youth, rose through the ranks of gangs and poverty to enter the NYPD and ultimately become the 110th Mayor of NYC and the 2nd black Mayor of NYC — in supposedly ‘systemically racist’ NYC.” On the Sidewalks of New York: Fighting Racism by “Kicking Cracker Ass”: Mayor Adams Cashed In on the Politicized Hate of White People
- “Two Democrat [!!!] U.S. Senators on Thursday accused the CIA of collecting Americans’ private data without official oversight meant to protect against civil liberties violations.”REPORT: Declassified Documents Claim CIA Secretly Collected Americans’ Private Data
- Mollie Hemingway: “Republican voters would like their leaders to meet the simple test of not calling them terrorists for engaging in peaceful political protest.” Mitch McConnell Shouldn’t Promote Media Lies About RNC Censure Of Cheney
- “For those eager to be on the wrong side of freedom, well, best to look both ways before crossing the street.” Our Founding Fathers Would All Be Driving Trucks Today
- “. . . Using emergencies and fear to seize absolute control.” How Totalitarians Come to Power
AMERICA, AND THE WORLD, IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS
FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s support number tanking as a result of his response to the convoy and the protests.” Canadian Protesters “Hold the Line” and Ambassador Bridge Remains Closed Despite Police Efforts
- “[A convoy organizer Tamara] Lich noted that the Freedom Convoy Board would have to get ‘buy in from the truckers’ before the move could take place.” Ottawa Mayor and “Freedom Convoy” Reach Deal, Protesters To Clear Residential Zones
- “Sorry, what?” Trudeau/”Castreau” Says Restrictions Are Necessary to Prevent Further Restrictions
- “The truckers’ occupation of Ottawa has revealed the fecklessness of the Regime.” Oh, Canada
- “Local and national police formed a joint command center in Ottawa, where protests have paralyzed downtown, infuriated residents who are fed up with police inaction and turned up pressure on Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.” Police Arrest Protesters who Remained at US-Canada Bridge
- “Both the tone and the policies of my government changed drastically on the eve and during the last election campaign,” Joel Lightbound said during a press conference on Tuesday. “A decision was made to wedge, to divide and to stigmatize. I fear that this politicization of the pandemic risks undermining the public’s trust in our public health institutions.” Justin Castreau Ally Accuses Him of Politicizing Pandemic and Dividing Nation
- “Canada has absolutely ZERO jurisdiction over how we manage our funds here at GiveSendGo. All funds for EVERY campaign on GiveSendGo flow directly to the recipients of those campaigns, not least of which is The Freedom Convoy campaign.” GiveSendGo: Ontario Court Order Won’t Stop Us Processing Freedom Convoy Donations
- “There’s something happening here. What it is, is exactly clear.” We Are All Truckers Now
* * * * *
- “Will anyone in government or the public health community be held accountable?” (spoiler alert: No – jjs) It’s Time to Ask: Did Any of the Chinese COVID Mandates, Closures, Lockdowns Do Anything?
- “California will continue to enforce an indoor mask mandate until Feb. 15, at which point only unvaccinated individuals will be required to wear masks, according to Fox News. Schools, however, will continue to require masks regardless of vaccination status, the outlet reported.” High-Profile Hypocrisy: Several Celebrities Spotted Without Masks at Super Bowl Despite Mandate
- “Yayyyyyyyy!” Video: Elementary School Children Explode With Joy After Being Told They Don’t Need to Wear Masks Anymore
- “That the seroprevalence data exists and the health bureaucrats never discuss it is disturbing enough. That it has changed nothing about the pandemic response, vaccine program, or agency risk assessment is stunning.” The CDC Data Nobody Is Talking About Raises Urgent Questions for Bureaucrats
- Deane Waldman, M.D.: “Clinical physicians must be free to practice medicine, and patients must be free to choose their own care.” Washington’s Chinese COVID Scam Killed Medical Freedom, and Americans
- “Criticism of the mayor’s management of [Chinese] COVID-19 continued pouring in until the end of the video. Numerous people called for Wu’s recall or demanded she resign. ‘Why don’t you care about your people,’ one user asked.” Boston Mayor Roasted By Critics During Awkward Livestream
- “[Jared Polis] did not say why there shouldn’t have been ‘civility and respect’ directed at those who chose not to wear masks previously. Guess it sort of slipped his mind.” Democrat Governor Calls for “Civility and Respect” on Mask Wearing
- “It remains to be seen if this forced introspection will translate nationally, as now seems likely in the midterm elections later this year. If it does, we may be in for a political realignment on a massive scale — and for that we might just be able to thank [Chinese] COVID.” As the Masks Come Off, Chinese COVID is Rearranging Our Politics
- All well and good but what about the tormented AIDS orphans and the unborn babies dissected for tissue samples? Not to mention the thousands murdered by this mRNA poison and withholding of therapeutics. PETA Unveils Mosaic Featuring “Tormented” Monkeys, Beagles in ‘Tribute’ to Fauci’s “Legacy”
- “Two harrowing examples show the stark differences between [Chinese] COVID treatment in red and blue states.” Don’t Get Sick in a Blue State
* * * * *
- “I declined.” Doctor Who Discovered Omicron Variant Says She Was Pressured to Not Reveal It Was Mild
- “The approach to medical information increasingly taken by authorities and the media is damaging to public health and scientific inquiry.” Authoritarian Science and the Case of Hydroxychloroquine
- “The billions who have been lured and coerced to participate in this experiment have not been honestly advised of the truth of the situation, i.e., that the [Chinese] Covid vaccines have not undergone proper trialing and testing and that their safety profile could not be established.” The Global Chinese COVID Vaccination Campaign Is Courting Catastrophe
- “In Europe, Freedom Convoys head to Paris and Brussels.” Canada-Style Freedom Convoy Protest Goes Global, Reaches Australia and New Zealand
- “According to a report by Le Monde, 81 people were in police custody as of 6 am this morning local time, with one of those held being described as one of the “faces” of France’s “Yellow Vest” movement.” Freedom Convoy: Macron Accused of Campaigning with “Armoured Vehicles,” as Nearly 100 Protesters Arrested
- “Tourists are raring to take to the skies again — and countries have one sure way to attract them.” Reduced Chinese COVID Measures Will Make Some Countries Tourism Hotspots
- “With trust in once-respected institutions — including the Church — waning and social mores in flux, scientism fills the natural human need for some authoritative source of truth.”Scientism, Catholicism, and the G-d that Failed
SHAMPEACHMENT 1.0, 2016 CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- “Kash Patel, the former chief investigator of the Trump-Russia probe for the House Intelligence Committee, said the filing ‘definitively showed the Hillary Clinton campaign directly funded and ordered its lawyers at Perkins Coie to orchestrate a criminal enterprise to fabricate a connection between President Trump and Russia.'” Clinton Campaign Paid Tech Company to “Infiltrate” Trump Servers at White House, Durham Says
- “If this had happened to a Democrat, the press would be losing its mind. A candidate for president weaponized the nation’s Justice Department to pursue an investigation into their political opponent based on what they knew were lies.” Eyes Turn to Hillary Clinton, Not Trump in the Russiagate Scandal
- Daniel Greenfield: “John Durham’s latest revelation casts disturbing light on Hillary’s private spy network and ‘Russiagate.'” Spies Like Hillary
- How to kneecap Hillary Clinton in order to shield Obama and other factions without exonerating Trump presents rather a ticklish problem for the Democrat-Propaganda Complex, nein? Most Democrats Want Hillary Clinton Investigated for Any Role in Russiagate Scandal: Poll
- “A far bigger crime than Watergate.” Trump Issues New Statement on Bombshell Durham Report
- “If the Clinton campaign hired a technology company to ‘infiltrate’ servers that belonged to Trump Tower, is it possible that the same company also hacked Alfa Bank to make it look like they were communicating with Trump?” Did Hillary’s Campaign Plant Fabricated Evidence to Frame Trump?
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “Bitcoin was designed with the intention to make transactions more trustworthy. But Bitcoin won’t work all by itself.” If You Can’t Trust Bitcoin, What Can You Trust?
- “Host George Stephanopoulos noted that inflation, which is at its highest levels in 40 years, is costing the average American family approximately $275 a month.” Malig-Nancy Pelosi Slams Manchin: “Not Right” for Him “To Say What We’re Doing is Contributing to the Inflation”
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “Student activists at the University of Chicago are now using the incident to push for the school to disband the police force, and activist lawyers are demanding that Twardak lose his job.” Video Shows a Cop Heroically Stop Armed Gunman at University of Chicago. That Didn’t Stop Defund the Police Demands.
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “These kids — our kids — need a fair chance to get into our best high schools. Regrettably, this new process does not give them that chance.” Philadelphia School District Under Parental Fire For Diversity Lottery That Shuts Out Top Students
- “A Wisconsin lawmaker doesn’t think parents should ‘have a say’ in the classroom. It’s like she doesn’t know what happened in Virginia.” Democrats Are Making Virginia-Style Anti-Parent Mistakes In Wisconsin
- “The Chicago Public Schools (CPS) system is failing our children from every conceivable angle.” Chicago’s Public Schools Are a Threat to Children’s Lives
- “It would be the height of employing a double standard if Georgetown Law School Dean William Treanor took any additional adverse action against Ilya Shapiro.” Georgetown Law School Protects Racist Comments, Punishes Anti-Racist Ones
- “Oregon is competing with its West Coast counterparts in the insanity department, beginning with Oregon’s most innocent players: its children.” Oregon Democrats Want To Ban School Boards From Firing Far-Left Superintendents
- “In Students for Fair Admissions v. Harvard the Supreme Court could undo the damage caused by its ruling in UC Regents v. Bakke and restore the proper understanding of the 14th Amendment.” A “Color-Blind Constitution” at Last?
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- Miranda Devine: “Immigration is back in the top three most important issues to voters, as [Chinese] COVID sinks into irrelevance. Biden is underwater on immigration in every poll. One CNBC poll in December found 69% of respondents disapproved of his handling of the issue, and 85% rated the ‘current state of immigration’ as ‘poor/not so good.’ An earlier Quinnipiac poll found 67% of Americans disapprove of ‘the situation at the Mexican border.’ Democrats either have a death wish or a cunning plan.” SHOT: Democrats’ Policies Welcome Illegal Immigrants, Weaken Police Force
- “Curtis is co-sponsoring the bill alongside Reps. Dan Newhouse (R-WA), Pete Sessions (R-TX), Jenniffer Gonzalez-Colon (R-PR), Tom Reed (R-NY), and Peter Meijer (R-MI). The bill is backed by the United States Chamber of Commerce and the Niskanen Center. . . Curtis’s donors include mega multinational corporations like Comcast, Alphabet Inc., Berkshire Hathaway, and AT&T, among others, which have a vested financial interest in driving as many foreign nationals to the U.S. as possible.” (FUCK YOU, GOP – jjs) CHASER: GOP Rep. John Curtis: Salazar Amnesty Bill Delivers “Reliable Foreign Workers” to Business
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “The Left has for decades been irradiating the term racism.” The Reasoning Behind Whoopi Goldberg’s Holocaust Statement
OTHER DEMOCRAT, LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- “Over the past year, the Biden [junta] has achieved an ignominious consistency of scandal and incompetence.” Biden’s Science Advisor: Not One, But Two Scandals
- “Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm weathered a storm of ethics complaints about her personal financial transactions this week.” Energy Department Blames Focus on “Climate Crisis” for Ethics Oversight
- “But with Hochul, history is repeating itself: A governor comes in promising to shake up the cozy, corrupt traditions of Albany and ends up embracing them. Except she’s actively skirting a law; Cuomo was just a hypocrite.” Angel of Death Cuomo Hench-Hag Hochul Repeats Ugly Cuomo-Esque History with Dark Money
SUPREME COURT VACANCY
- “Why we now have a president who will select our next Supreme Court Justice predicated upon the stupidest and most racist and sexist premise imaginable.” Supreme Court Vacancy: No White Nor Male Folk Need Apply
- “Lujan made the announcement in a video posted to his Twitter account.” NM Senator Lujan Will Return to Senate in Time to Vote for Biden SCOTUS Pick
- “. . . and the fact-checkers actually are.” The Biden Junta Thinks You’re Stupid
- Victor Davis Hanson: “He is a delusional medievalist who does his best to turn golden policies into dross.” Joe Biden, Alchemist?
- Elections have consequences . . . (even with the dead and the one dude who cast the other 60 million votes for him- jjs) Biden’s Popularity is Sinking Like the Titanic
- “Nothing less is at stake than our democracy.” (vayr ge hargit – jjs) Malig-Nancy Pelosi Says “Kitchen Table Issues” Will Help Democrats Win In Midterms Despite 40-Year High Inflation
- “The new poll found that 52 percent of voters disapprove of the job Biden is doing as [so-called quote-unquote “president”].” GOP Surges To 6-Point Generic Ballot Lead In New FDRLST/Susquehanna Poll
- “It is another reason for Democrats to panic.” The Sharp Decline in Biden’s Support Among Black Protestants
- “Let’s go Brandon!” Pennsylvania Senate Candidate Hits Biden With Super Bowl Ad
- “The facts are clear. The Democrats’ share of the Hispanic vote is falling and the GOP’s share is rising. That doesn’t mean Texas will stay red. But the calculations and timetable used by Democrats to flip Texas have proven to be inaccurate.” Titty Caca AOC Says It’s “Inevitable” That Texas Will Turn Blue
- “Out of the blue, Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez launched a Twitter attack on Senator Ted Cruz.” Titty Caca AOC Starts Twitter War with Ted Cruz — Loses Badly
- “America and the world will be better for it.” Vote Every Single Democrat Out in November (quite a few RINOs need to be kicked the hell out as well – jjs)
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “[The story is] sort of boring — until you realize the staggering implications of what’s being alleged.” The Media Blackout of Durham’s Bombshell Report Alleging Clinton Campaign “Infiltrated” Trump Tower
- “Rogan has been under fire for several weeks, first because critics accused him of promoting [Chinese] ‘COVID-19 misinformation,’ and then because 12-year-old video surfaced of the “Joe Rogan Experience” host using ‘ni-ger’ on his podcast.” XiNN Changes Headline After Comparing Joe Rogan’s Naughty Language to January 6 and Rwandan Genocide
- “Legacy media falsely framed Republicans as defenders of the Capitol chaos, rather than of the Constitution-protected rights to free speech and peaceable assembly.” Leftist Media Falsely Frames RNC’s Defense of Jan. 6 Free Speech as a Defense of Rioting
BIDEN-CREATED UKRAINE CRISIS
- UPDATE: Biden had also “reiterated that a further Russian invasion of Ukraine would produce widespread human suffering and diminish Russia’s standing” and was clear with Putin “that while the United States remains prepared to engage in diplomacy, in full coordination with our allies and partners, we are equally prepared for other scenarios.” Ukraine On the Edge: Blinken Warns Russia of a “Resolute, Massive and United Transatlantic Response”
- “The Ukrainian leader’s repeated statements urging calm among his people — while Russian forces surround Ukraine on three sides in what Russia insists are military exercises — grew this weekend to Zelenskyy questioning strident warnings from U.S. officials in recent days that Russia could be planning to invade as soon as midweek.” Invasion Set or Nyet?: Ukraine’s Leader Asks for Evidence on New Invasion Warnings
- “[Nattering nebbish Jake] Sullivan responded, saying that ‘as long as commercial transport options are available, Americans should take advantage of them.'” National Security Advisor on Americans in Ukraine: ‘Move Out By Air or Rail or Road as Rapidly as Possible”
- “That’s not how we treat Americans.” Morgan Ortagus Slams Biden’s Handling of Ukraine
- “The call, which coincides with [naive, inept buffoon Jake]Sullivan warning of the ‘very distinct possibility’ of a Russian invasion, was described by a senior administration official as “professional and substantive.’ Still, the official noted that there’s been “no fundamental change in the dynamic that has been unfolding now for several weeks.” Biden-Putin Call Yields “No Fundamental Change” in Russia-Ukraine Situation
- “Invading Crimea may look like a strong move but it poses serious risks for Putin and Russia. There is a better, smarter way — and it should work for Ukraine, too.” It Is Possible For Putin To Get Crimea Without Force
- “Next on the menu? Northern Kazakhstan, Georgia, and other post-Soviet states.” (should I really give a shit? – jjs) Putin Has Bigger Plans Beyond Ukraine
- “Emmanuel Macron has promoted himself to the European center stage, eager to take over the leading role in Europe of former German Chancellor Angela Markel, as he prepares for a reelection bid.” Emmanuel Macron and the Ukraine Crisis
- I agree with the author that we have no vested interest in defending Ukraine. Is this a parallel with 1939-45 and the spark to ignite World War 3? No way. That potentially is Taiwan, and/or Iran getting a nuke followed up by getting an Israeli nuke the hard way. How a Potential Russia v. Ukraine War of 2022 Parallels the Germany v. Poland War of 1939
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “Moscow ‘creating a mechanism’ to skirt sanctions on business, military trade with Iran.”Iran, Russia Working Together To Evade US Sanctions
- “Growing dissent and anger similar to what set off the 1979 revolution are again in place today.” Don’t Be Surprised As Iran Moves Towards Another Revolution
- “How the United Nations serves the Chinese Communist regime.” Communist Domination in Turtle Bay
- “The habits of tyranny are hard to break.” Finnish Athlete Posted Pictures of Water Leaking Into Her Apartment, Ordered by Chi-Com Officials to Delete Them
- “For first time, DOD discloses that Iran controls large portions of Iraqi security forces.”Pentagon Report: Iraq’s Security Forces Overrun by Iranian-Backed Militants
- “It will cost almost $1 trillion per year to service the U.S. debt by 2031.” As US Goes Bankrupt, How Many Foreign Crises Can It Afford?
- “Partygate could be fatal to Boris Johnson.” Can Britain’s Trump Survive?
- “The holes in the story.” Fighting the Libel of “Settler Violence”
- “Sharia strikes in care homes.” UK: Elderly Victims of Rape by Muslims Are Silenced
- “Federation’s upcoming First Annual Conference feat – Khalid Griggs will headline a first rate hatefest.” Muslim Federation Event Speaker Glorifies Hitler, Says US is “Owned & Controlled'” by Jews
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “Thanks to a new focus on ‘diversity,’ we see ‘evolving’ standards that are not consistent with Special Operations Forces culture.” Whistleblower Gives Evidence The Pentagon Holds Female Soldiers To Lower Standards
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “The Biden [junta] will no doubt fight this ruling. And they’re likely to find a friendly judge to overturn the injunction. But when the inevitable fuel shortages arise, are Biden and the Democrats going to step bravely forward and take credit for diminishing supplies? Or will they blame it on the evil oil companies?” Judge Blocks Key Biden Executive Order on Climate Change
- “Progressives want everyone to invest in green energy . . . with one huge, glaring exception.” When the Left Hates Green Energy
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “The consequences of the campaign to convince minors that girls can become boys and boys can become girls are now being exposed and are proving unacceptable.” The Jig is Up for Transgenderism as Child Abuse
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- Robert Spencer: “. . . anyone who is surprised that Trudeau would make the statements Maher quoted simply hasn’t been paying attention. Justin Trudeau has made his authoritarian leanings known for years. It’s a shame that Canadians didn’t ponder the significance of his statements on China and Castro and think twice about entrusting him with the fate of their republic.” Bill Maher Says Trudeau Sounds Like Hitler, and He’s Right
- “Establishment media was wrong about Iraq.” Jon Stewart: ‘Who Gets to Decide’ What’s “Misinformation?”
- “To escape the historical prison of our times may not require performing a triple axel, but even that physical transformation of the laws of nature is a lot easier than a political one.”Did Nathan Chen Just Sink Harvard?
- “. . . One answer: it provides a quick and easy sense of moral superiority.” Why is Wokeism So Attractive to So Many?
- “The betting world is as close as the phone in your pocket.” Sports Gambling Gone Wild
- “A celebration of the benefits of working from home gets bogged down in too many left-wing bromides.” The Remote-Work Revolution
- “When Olympic athletes can pick and choose country affiliations it undermines the nation’s political principles and reveals a more consequential disloyalty.” Five Rings or Fifth Columnists
HITHER & YON
- “Rather than just an eyesore, the visual style is emblematic of the sense of alienation that arises when a society crowns efficiency its preeminent virtue.” Corporate Flat Art Proves Big Business Is Infatuated With Ugliness
- “It’s an exciting time for music. Whenever people are willing to accept reality and move on from their oldies stations, they will be happily surprised by what’s out there.” The Death of Pop Music — Or Rebirth?
- “Wim Wenders’ 1997 film examines our tech dependence through dreamlike lens.” End of Violence Offers Cautionary Tale That’s Still Relevant Today
FINALLY . . .
- Reitman made his first splash in the comedy world producing the irreverent college fraternity film National Lampoon’s Animal House, starring John Belushi, in 1978. He made his directorial debut working with Bill Murray in his first starring role in 1979’s summer camp comedy Meatballs.” Ivan Reitman, Director of Ghostbusters and Stripes Dead at 75
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.