Good morning, kids. Tuesday, and as the Ukraine situation settles into a kind of stasis, the human suffering of innocent civilians notwithstanding, there are some alarming reports coming out of China’s largest, and arguably most important city, Shanghai. 24 million people have been completely locked down and there are reports of civil unrest due to lack of food, and dare I say it, freedom.
Desperate Shanghai residents who are under strict lockdown over a [Chinese] COVID-19 outbreak are protesting food shortages, chanting “we want supplies” from their apartments, video shows.
Footage posted to Twitter showed people in the locked-down city banging pots on their balconies to decry a lack of food and other items, France24 reported.
“We want supplies,” the quarantined residents reportedly chanted.
In another video posted to the Chinese social media platform Weibo, a drone appears to warn the residents to cease protesting.
“Please comply with [Chinese] COVID restrictions. Control your soul’s desire for freedom. Do not open the window or sing,” the message from the drone said.
Other footage in recent days has shown residents struggling with security personnel and hazmat-suited medical staff at some compounds, with occupants shouting that they needed food supplies. . .
. . . Nearly all of Shanghai’s 26 million residents have been confined at home since last week, as the city aims to test, trace and centrally quarantine all people who test positive for the virus amid the spread of the highly infectious Omicron variant.
Color me highly suspicious about this. We are in an endemic phase with the General Tso’s Sickness and probably have been for about a year already. The most vulnerable to it and any respiratory infection are the elderly and those with comorbidities. Cheap, proven therapeutics if prescribed early on can knock this out quickly. Even in China, the place that spawned this nasty little Franken-virus with assistance from our own Anthony Fauci. So what’s really going on there?
Despite the Chi-Com’s absolute control of media and messaging, we do know that the Chinese economy is on a massive bubble that can burst at any time. It’s one-child policy is leading to demographic disaster, and the prosperity and exposure to western culture that the seeds of a little bit of government-controlled capitalism planted over 30 years ago by Deng Xiao Ping have born fruit in Chinese youth. That is running contra to the totalitarian dreams of Xi Jinping. I don’t think Xi is on the ropes but his desire for absolute power has put him at odds with others in the party, and the clock is ticking. Obviously, a move on Taiwan would be an ideal distraction, but what’s happening in Ukraine might give him pause.
Meanwhile, over here in the nation formerly known as the United States, here comes a story that the media is sure to try and embargo as best it can.
Despite imposing some of the strictest [Chinese] COVID-19 policies, New York, New Jersey, and California had the worst outcomes, according to a new study.
The study, which was conducted by the Committee to Unleash Prosperity, charted disparities in health outcomes, economic performance, and education among U.S. states since the start of the pandemic. Researchers found states such as Utah, South Dakota, and Florida that “maximized the individual freedoms of business owners, consumers, workers and parents—and allowed their citizens to make their own risk assessments without government mandates—had the best performance.” By contrast, lockdown states such as New York, New Jersey, California, as well as Washington, D.C., had higher rates of learning loss for children in school, unemployment, and death.
Funny, as in beyond the pale disgusting, how a mass-murderer like Angel of Death Cuomo and others ripped Ron DeSantis, while in reality Florida prospered as New York died – literally and figuratively. Lockdowns and masks do not work and have never worked. But still, they persist as we now see in the City of Brotherly Cream Cheese and Street Violence, but mostly street violence. Philadelphia is reimposing mask mandates. Wearing a mask to stop the transmission of Peking Pox is like erecting a chainlink fence to keep out fleas. But, you do you, Jim Kenney.
And that segues back to DeSantis. From this insanity to the battle for the minds, bodies and souls of our children, DeSantis has had both the right instincts and the balls to tell the Left to fuck itself in the heart with a steak knife.
As the old saying goes, it’s better to be lucky than good, but DeSantis has been both. Practically since he took office, events have broken his way, starting with the unnecessary hysteria over Covid-19 that, in the final analysis, was the thing that destroyed the Trump administration. After briefly flirting with lockdowns, DeSantis reversed course, bit the bullet, ignored media flapdoodle over “cases,” and made Florida the free-state alternative to such draconian fascist entities as New York and California. Florida boomed as its rivals faded, hemorrhaging population and losing economic and political clout while the Sunshine State and also Texas happily welcomed the refugees. . .
. . . DeSantis has been lucky in his enemies as well. Incredibly, the now-“woke” Walt Disney Company—the embodiment of family friendly entertainment since its founding in 1923 through its founder’s death in 1966 and up until recently—has decided that the Florida Parental Rights in Education bill (which DeSantis enthusiastically signed) preventing state teachers from discussing human sexuality, sexual orientation and “gender identity” with children in kindergarten through third grade is the hill the company wants to die on. . .
. . . With enemies like the company that bought Harvey Weinstein and the mainstream media, DeSantis doesn’t need friends. Meanwhile, the governor has the wind at his back: more than a dozen states are considering similar bills, putting the Florida governor in the de facto driver’s seat on the issue. From Covid to the Chinese suborning of America’s institutions to the sitting daffy duck called Disney, DeSantis has staked out positions in direct opposition to the Biden Democrats—exactly what you’d expect from a Shadow President who’s looking forward, not backward.
That is from friend of the blog and friend Michael Walsh, who as you know, is endorsing DeSantis for ’24. While the salient point about Trump, should he run and win would be 78, is not necessarily a disqualifier, what the heck is he thinking endorsing Mehmet Oz, an Oprah protegé who has had a checkered history on issues (he was at one point in favor of gun control). That said, others in Trump’s coterie have endorsed Oz while a similar group have endorsed David McCormack. This is getting into the weeds. Look, if Trump does get the nod, I will eagerly crawl naked over broken glass to vote for him. Exposing the kabuki-bukkake theater of the two-party system and electoral politics, as well as the Deep State leviathan that lords over us is one of the greatest achievements of his and any presidency. But it came at a cost, of course; his presidency and the existential threats we now face. His Achilles heel in trusting the wrong people at the wrong time and not going with his gut when the chips were down – specifically the handling of the initial China virus outbreak – has pretty much sealed the deal for me as well.
In his way, though, Trump paved the way for DeSantis as well as many others running up and down the ballot. Most crucially, in the pits where it really counts at the school and community board level.
So, Putin is bogged down, Xi seems to be getting paranoid, France has a shot (long though it is) at waking the hell up, and the Hungarians have put their foot down, amongst other things. And back over here, people are absolutely sickened and alarmed as perverts seek to turn children into sex objects and then mind-numbed automatons for the all-powerful State.
“‘Margaret Sanger believed in euthanasia and sterilization of ‘unfortunate’ and mentally challenged, and Blacks. She was the founder of Planned Parenthood, which, like all organizations expanded its brief, (originally one of control of sub-humans) in the control of all conception. Her insights were taken up in the 60s with ‘hygiene classes,’ which became ‘sex education,’ educators holding that because perhaps the children were not taught at home, the higher orders needed to take charge, and now we have kindergartens trained in a bizarre catechism of sexual identity politics. . .'”
. . . “You’re putting these bizarre ideas in their head, and as the Jesuits taught us correctly, you give me a kid until he is seven, he is mine for life. . . “
. . . “… We’ve got to take back control, and the best way to do it is through school choice, and that’s why the Democrats oppose it — right?” said Mamet. “Because school choice means I get the right to raise my kids. And, as you say, the Marxists want the state to raise the kids, in fact, they insist upon it.”
That was former leftist turned conservative and award-winning film and theater auteur David Mamet. It is amazing to me how right Rush Limbaugh and Andrew Breitbart were about the “culture war.” Breitbart himself said “politics is downstream of culture.” Even an execrable beast like Al Sharpton understands that these issues are political kryptonite.
It’s gratifying that there is growing disaffection from historically rock solid Democrat voting blocs. It’s disheartening that they – like we – will (in theory) hold their nose and vote Republican, but it’s because they’re voting against the Democrats.
And therein lies the opportunity. A change is in the wind. Can we survive long enough to see it happen?
The End of America: 100 Days That Shook the World available here.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- Julie Kelly: “What did top government officials know and when did they know it?” Questions Loom After Verdicts in Whitmer “Kidnapping” Trial
- Daniel Greenfield: “Leftists demand safe spaces for themselves, but take them away from children.” The Left’s War on Childhood
THE UKRAINIAN “FRONT”
- “Where are you, Biden?” Ukraine Updates: Boris Johnson’s Visit Puts Pressure on Biden to Visit Kyiv
- “They are a commonly sickening feature of Russian wartime.” (still, only an allegation – jjs)The Allegations of Wartime Rapes Are Nothing New for the Russian Army
- “The United States can’t force Germany et al to start exploiting their own energy resources (though European voters can, and should). But America can steal Russia’s export markets, if Washington is willing to stop suppressing US energy production and start supporting it.”Putin Shrugs Off Financial Sanctions as Ruble Rebounds
DEMOCRAT WAR ON OIL, THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “The [junta] has been pressed its latest rebranding, with multiple reporters pointing out the ever-changing reasons for high gas prices coming from the White House. The ‘Putin’s price hike’ narrative also coincides with a push from the [junta] to blame oil companies as well.”Peppermint Piss-Hockey Warns of “Extraordinarily Elevated” Inflation Data, Blames “Putin’s Price Hike”
- “Voters know Biden is to blame for higher prices.” RNC Slams White House For Pinning Inflation on “Putin’s Price Hike”
- “‘Moderate inflation results from short-term ‘stimulus;’ hyperinflation comes from regular money printing to pay the government’s bills.’” The Government Could Stop Inflation Within a Year. Instead, Expect Things to Get Worse
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “Adbusters, an activist [terrorist] group that describes itself as a ‘collective of artists, designers, writers, musicians, poets, punks, philosophers and wild hearts has been smashing ads, fighting corruption and speaking truth to power,’ and has been tied to the Occupy Wall Street protests in 2011, called for activists to deflate SUV tires in a Twitter thread on Wednesday.” Left-Wing Activist Group Suggests Deflating SUV Tires to Fight Climate Change
- “On the first Earth Day, April 22, 1970, the world was warned that billions would die soon because of a disastrous ice age.” Earth Day is Coming Up. It is a Good Time to Remind the Public What the Predictions Were 52 Years Ago
CIVIL WAR 2.0: LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, CAPITOL HILL BLACK WEDNESDAY PROTEST AFTERMATH, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- If this isn’t an act of political terrorism, I don’t know what is. U. of Buffalo Student “Hunted Down” by Woke Mob for Hosting Allen West Speech
- “New Jersey saw a record high in hate crimes in 2021. 17% of the reported hate crimes were against Jews.” New Jersey: Man Allegedly Yelled Anti-Semitic Slurs as Police Arrested Him for Stabbing Three Jews
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “The Biden [junta] will soon remove the last serious speed bump to an open border, opening the floodgates to mass asylum fraud.” How the Biden Junta is Aiding and Abetting the Biggest Border Fraud in U.S. History
- “Another Biden-made catastrophe in the offing.” Biden Junta Prepares to Lift Title 42 Restrictions
AMERICA, AND THE WORLD, IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “The new move came as the top U.S. immunologist, Dr. Anthony Fauci, expressed concern that a new mask mandate may soon be needed.” Philadelphia To Reimpose Indoor Mask Mandate
- “Florida had best health outcomes and economic performance.” Lockdowns Didn’t Work: Blue States Rank Dead Last for Chinese COVID Response
- “City at risk of mass civil unrest.” Creepy: Locked Down Chinese SCREAM From High Rise Windows
- “A lockdown that doesn’t do anything to stop [Chinese] COVID is nevertheless a useful tool for the communist party in China.” Chairman Mao Would Approve of the Lockdown in Shanghai
- Dr. David Gortler: “If the vaccines were innocuous and completely safe, that would be one thing, but there have been hundreds of thousands of reported adverse events in the USA alone, and there is a strong indication that that number only represents 1 to 13 percent of the actual number of safety events. If old monoclonal antibodies don’t work, neither will old vaccines/booster shots.” If Monoclonal Antibody EUAs Are Being Revoked, Shouldn’t Chinese COVID Vaccine Approvals Be as Well?
- It’d be better spent looking for Bigfoot guano. NIH Shells Out $22 Million to Study “Long [Chinese] COVID”
- “The first signatory on the Lancet letter from February 2020 was not convinced of the thins he demanded the public believed about [Chinese] COVID’s origins. Revealed: Lab Leak Denier Was Privately Telling Colleagues “It’s Possible”
- “’This is not going to be eradicated, and it’s not going to be eliminated,’ Fauci said on ABC’s This Week. ‘And what’s going to happen is that we’re going to see that each individual is going to have to make their calculation of the amount of risk that they want to take.’ Great! But what has changed? This is exactly the message Fauci needed to deliver to the people . . . approximately a year ago.” Endemic Stupidity: When Will Fauci and Liberal Leaders Apologize for the Millions of Lives Damaged With Pointless Chinese COVID Restrictions?
- “[Chinese] COVID Pope Dr. Anthony Fauci and CDC Director Rochelle Walensky were also at the Dinner but have thus far tested negative. How very dull of them. The even higher profile White House Correspondents’ Dinner is scheduled to take place in a few weeks.”Schadenfreudelicious! Swanky Soirée Turns Swamp Superspreader
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “‘Margaret Sanger believed in euthanasia and sterilization of ‘unfortunate’ and mentally challenged, and Blacks. She was the founder of Planned Parenthood, which, like all organizations expanded its brief, (originally one of control of sub-humans) in the control of all conception. Her insights were taken up in the 60s with ‘hygiene classes,’ which became ‘sex education,’ educators holding that because perhaps the children were not taught at home, the higher orders needed to take charge, and now we have kindergartens trained in a bizarre catechism of sexual identity politics.'” Pulitzer Prize Winner David Mamet: Teachers “Are Abusing Kids Mentally and Using Sex To Do So”
- Saying she has had “many conversations with many young children … about what being transgender is, and never once have I been met with any fear or confusion. I’ve even been the recipient of a group hug! Children just get it, it’s as simple as that.” (I’d like to have a “conversation” with this fiend – jjs) Watch: Teacher Tells Kindergartners “When Babies Are Born,” Doctors “Guess Whether the Baby Is a Boy or a Girl”
- Under the Ohio proposal, no public school or STEM school would be allowed to, “with respect to a student in any of grades kindergarten through three, teach, use, or provide any curriculum or instructional materials on sexual orientation or gender identity.” Ohio GOP Introduces Bill to Ban “Gender Identity” Agenda in Elementary Schools K-3
- Robert Spencer: “Welcome to ‘modern-day public school education.'” New Jersey to Force Second-Graders to Learn Explicit Details About “Gender Identity”
- “In academia, the word du jour is ‘equity-speak.’ Why is it happening?” Equity and “Equity-speak”
- “Why do parents have so little control over where their children go to school?” Prager U Video: Fund the Children Not the Schools
THE 2020 ELECTION HEIST AND AFTERMATH
- “Conservatives were immediately skeptical. Many have long distrusted Zuckerberg, believing he uses his social media platform to help Democrats. CTCL is a nonpartisan group respected by election administrators of both parties, but its founders have roots in liberal politics. And although the grants went to conservative and liberal areas, Democratic-leaning counties received a disproportionate share of the money in battleground states like Florida and Pennsylvania.” Zuckerberg Money Won’t Be in Next Round of Aid for Elections
SHAMPEACHMENT 1.0, 2016 CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- Margot Cleveland: “Michael Sussmann’s text message dispatches one of the strongest defenses pushed by his cohorts in the court of public opinion.” One Key Argument For Michael Sussmann’s Defense Has Already Crumbled
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “The deadly price of deception and misinformation.” Anti-Semitism Doesn’t Differentiate Between Good and Bad People
BIDEN CRIME FAMILY REVELATIONS
- Lloyd Billingsley: “Will America’s woke, partisan intelligence community now turn on Joe Biden?” Hunter Biden’s Laptop Leverage
- “I predict that the stories and talking points are right now being written about how Joe Biden has been “the real victim” here, a tragic figure who of course knew nothing of Hunter’s bad behavior.” Joe’s Toast, But He’ll Skate on the Hunter Scandal
OTHER DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- “Hawaii representative Kai Kahele has voted in person just five times this year.” This Democrat Congressman Doesn’t Show Up to Work, and He Won’t Say Why
- “Biden’s approval rating now sits at 42%, one point lower than the March CBS News/YouGov poll, which saw the [so-called quote-unquote “president”] with a 43% approval rating.”POLL: Biden’s Approval Rating Craters Again
- “Most Hispanics are fleeing countries that have been economically and morally ruined by leftist policies.” NBC Poll: 30-point Shift Toward GOP In Hispanic Congressional Preference
- “Pollster John Della Volpe told Politico the state of the economy, which is currently experiencing record inflation, was just one reason the Democrat Party does not have the youth vote locked up for the upcoming midterms. He also cited the absence of former President Donald Trump to rally the group against.” Biden’s Hemorrhaging Support in Key Voting Bloc a Huge Threat to Dems
- “2024 could be a bizarre replay of America’s most unique presidential election in modern history.” Hillary vs. Trump Redux?
- Salena Zito: “The biggest problem is that both Washington Democrats and the press seem to have no idea who comprises the Democrats’ base anymore.” Pennsylvania’s Dramatic Shift Rightward Is a Warning Sign for Both Parties About Overreach
- “The poll from the Remington Research Group found all three contenders, Lamon, Brnovich, and Masters, to be popular with Arizona Republicans.” Arizona’s Jim Lamon Claims “Frontrunner” Status in Crowded GOP Primary
- “Finkenauer was considered a likely favorite to face Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley, although most polls show the long-time incumbent with a comfortable advantage.”Democrat Senate Candidate Abby Finkenauer Kicked Off Ballot Over Signature Requirement
- “The superficial appeal of a convention of states shouldn’t blind us to the fact that our problem lies with the current character of our nation, not with our Constitution.” (agreed, but the “we-must-do-this-and-that” at the end is dumb – jjs) Against the Convention of States
SUPREME COURT VACANCY
- “Every vote from the Supreme Court’s justices on hot-button issues needs to become a political issue for the senators who voted for those justices.” Make the Judiciary Great Again By Holding Senators Accountable
- Terry Jeffrey: “Where does she stand on the foundational principal of the Declaration of Independence?” Judge Ketanji Brown-25 Jackson and Alienable Rights
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- This worry “places the issue near the top of the list of 14 national concerns — behind only inflation and the economy,” said Gallup. Gallup: Worry About Crime and Violence Highest Since 2016
- Blue on blue: Pro-criminal leftists vs. government employee leftists. Pass the popcorn.REPORT: Postal Service Suspended In Santa Monica Neighborhood After Attacks On Mail Carriers
- “The Mail said Glazewski repeatedly yelled: ‘I did that. I did that. That’s what I did,’ as he points to several stickers of the finger-pointing Biden slapped on the gas pump.” Man Arrested After Putting Biden “I Did That!” Stickers On Gas Pumps, Getting Belligerent: Report
- “New York State lawmakers take an important, though incomplete, step toward restoring law and order.” Correcting Course
- “Until now the crimes of a former defensive player in the program have gone almost entirely uncovered.” There Was a Serial Sexual Predator in the Penn State Football Program Other Than Jerry Sandusky
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “The former may well get us nuked but we can’t take the chance that the latter will defend free speech.” Biden Scares America, Media Sweats Elon Musk
- “’You can run the best campaign, you can even become the nominee, and you can have the election stolen from you.’ Clinton’s verboten statement is currently recirculating freely on Twitter.” Why Hasn’t Hillary Clinton Been Banned From Twitter?
- “Routinely in recent years, the press working in mainstream media outlets have become completely intolerant of conservatives, and work hard to get them removed if hired, or blacklisted prior to hiring. The result has been a worse than useless mainstream press, now utterly devoted to campaigning for Democrats and their pet projects. The public gets no reasonable analysis on any issue, because there is no one left in these newsrooms allowed to question anything the Democrats propose or say.” Today’s Blacklisted American: News Staffers at CBS Demand Network Blacklist Mick Mulvaney
- Deadbeats. Figures. If any Republican in Ohio had balls he/she/it would demand the Ohio AG order the college’s assets frozen until the fine is paid. Oberlin College Still Refusing to Pay $33 Million in Damages to Bakery it Slandered as Racist
- “Maryland will pour $3.5 million each year into training people who aren’t medical doctors to perform abortions after lawmakers overturned Republican Gov. Larry Hogan’s Friday veto.” Maryland Lawmakers Override Governor’s Veto To Pour Millions Into Training New Abortionists
- “Biden then suggested that people do not need what he claims are high-capacity magazines because deer do not wear ‘Kevlar vests.’” Biden Renews Push For Gun, Magazine Ban
- “Don’t you love a . . . feel-good story about the Second Amendment?” Reason # 1 to Own a Gun: Intruder Shot in Head While Breaking Into Child’s Bedroom
- “What is [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Biden, Sen. Chuck Schumer and the band of idiots in Albany’s answer to stop this blood bath amongst our children? Ghost guns. Blaming ghosts instead of criminals that knowingly and intentionally pull a trigger or thrust a knife into another person’s body will save everyone. Thank God we have such amazing leadership.” Chasing “Ghost Guns” Isn’t Enough — Go After the Criminals Pulling the Triggers
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “Le Pen faces an uphill struggle.” French Political Class Closes Ranks to Protect Macron
- “Valérie Pécresse had a disastrous run.” (she’s the French version of Pee-Air Defecto – jjs)The French Election Shows the Decline of Its Center-Right Party
- “Not a fan of democracy.” Antifa Riots in French Cities Because They Didn’t Like the Election Result
- “Several analysts found the transfer of military supplies notable, some of whom worry it might lead to greater conflict in the region.” “Demonstration of Force”: China Flies Military Supplies Into European Nation
- “It is a component of its Belt and Road Initiative.” China Grows Its Influence in the Pacific
- “Khan’s tenure as prime minister was largely defined by a push for global Islamic law, particularly the implementation of blasphemy laws so that any sentiment that offends Muslims could be prosecuted anywhere in the world.” China Says Ties with Pakistan Remain “Friendly” After PM Imran Khan Ousted
- “The Pakistan Muslim League could emerge in control.” Could a New Pakistani Government Forge Greater Ties With the U.S.?
- Robert Spencer: “. . . Even Democrats oppose it.” Biden’s Iran Nuke Deal is So Outrageously Bad
- “White British people are already a minority in the capital city of London.” “British to Be Minority By 2066” Banner Flown Over Premier League Match\
- Boris Johnson’s Conservative Party continues to support its LGBT+ affiliate, despite convictions for child pornography distribution. Britain’s First Gay Muslim Politician Found Guilty of Sexual Assault on Teen Boy
- “Why won’t Nelson Mandela’s grandson meet with former Miss Iraq?” Snubbing Iraq’s Beauty Queen
- Here’s a thought, Achmed. Get the fuck out and go flourish in Sudan and Afghanistan.Boston Imam: America Is a “Terrible Place,” Unlike Sudan and Afghanistan
- Raymond Ibrahim: “The Pope behaves shamefully at Malta, the scene of one of the worst Islamic invasions of history.” Pope “Fiction” Abandons Christ’s Cross to Appease Muslims
- To ask is to answer. A Seattle Man Says He Killed “In the Name of Allah.” Why Won’t the Media Report That?
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE, THE COURTS
- “While not as far-reaching in its deregulatory scope as other bipartisan achievements such as airline deregulation, the JOBS Act has resulted in significant gains for startup entrepreneurs and middle-class investors, including women and minorities.” Celebrate the JOBS Act — A Bipartisan Deregulatory Victory That Just Turned 10
HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE
- “Joe Biden’s willingness to expend billions of dollars on unilateral changes to Obamacare contrasts with his personal behavior regarding the law.” Joe Biden, Who Dodged Obamacare Taxes, Now Proposes Expanding Obamacare
- “Twelve years after its passage, the landmark law has expanded health coverage only modestly—while raising costs, reducing choice, and doing little to improve outcomes.”Obamacare’s Hollow Celebration
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “Capitalism in space: Astroscale demo mission, ELSA-d, has been unable to complete a docking with its target vehicle as planned because four of the eight thrusters on the capture ‘servicer’ vehicle have failed.” Astroscale Demo to Test Space Junk Removal Struggles with Failed Thrusters
- “Cool image time! The panorama above was created from four navigation camera images taken by the Mars rover Perseverance on April 10th. Because the lens on Perseverance’s navigation cameras produce slightly curved images which are taken in pairs, the panorama is made of two parts, each a pair perfectly matched images looking from a different angle.”Perseverance Arrives at Three Forks at the Base of Jezero Craters Delta; Possible Womp Rats Sighted (just kidding – jjs)
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “This is going to be tremendous and such a good help to fathers in Florida,” Dungy said. “This bill is so important. I want to thank all of the men and women that have been behind this. It is going to allow groups like All Pro Dad and people like those here today to do great things for our fathers here in Florida.” “That Fraud”: Leftists Rage at Tony Dungy for Standing with Gov. Ron DeSantis on Fatherhood Bill
- To the contrary; we’re trying to avoid going back to Ba’al worship, heathenism and child sacrifice. Abigail Disney: Laws Protecting Children from Grooming in Classrooms Are “An Attempt to Push History Backwards”
- “The law also makes it illegal for teachers and other school employees to encourage children to withhold information about their gender confusion from their parents. It does makes exceptions for male circumcision and the treatment of medically verifiable sex disorders.” (how many mohels are in Alabama anyway? – jjs) Alabama Gov. Signs Law Banning Sex Change Treatments for Kids
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “Elliott previously described the movie as ‘a piece of shit’ and mocked the costuming, saying the cowboys depicted in the movie looked like Chippendale dancers.” Sam Elliott Caves to the Woke Mob, Apologizes for Bashing “Gay” Western
- “The company’s foray into woke sexual politics has damaged the company’s pristine image with the public.” Trouble In Mouse-Land? ‘Woke’ Disney Takes Huge Hit In Trust: IBD/TIPP Poll
- Christian Toto: “TikTok erases sketch show’s channel without explanation (sound familiar?).”Conservative That Show Tonight Latest Victim of Big Tech Censorship
- “Spengler” Goldman: “What does it mean to be relevant? A woman once remarked to Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel that the prayer book didn’t seem relevant to her, to which Heschel responded that the point was to make herself relevant to the prayer book. Schiller was one of the universal geniuses who defined our era, and our job is to make ourselves relevant to him.” Canceling Beethoven: Who’s Relevant to Whom?
HITHER & YON
- “Science makes faith plausible, not impossible.” God’s Footprints
- “How Watergate created junkie journalists addicted to scandal.” Hooked on Nixon
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.