Good morning, kids. Tuesday and as far as I can tell, the Left has lost on the abortion issue. There are a number of angles to this so let me try and tackle them one by one. First of all, there’s the purely legal angle to this. While the leaked ruling is from February and there may be still some time for changes to be made to ruling or even justices to change their vote, by all appearances the likely 5-4 vote means Roe v. Wade will effectively be overturned. There may be a couple of tweaks/carveouts that satisfy Cheap Justice Roberts to Dobbs but it won’t affect the outcome.
The reason I’m saying this is that both Justice Alito made it a point in his brilliant opinion, and Justice Thomas verbally opined, that the Court cannot and will not bow to outside pressure or threats in the discharging of its duty. And the words as well as actions from the occupied Oval Office on down to its bought and paid for goon squads in the streets speak volumes. The communiqué from the Junta is mealy mouth double-talk and gobbledygook. Well, what did you expect from liars, dementia patients and a lying demented stooge president?
Psaki was pressed on Friday about progressive activists’ plans to protest outside some of the Supreme Court justices’ homes. The press secretary called it an example of “peaceful protest” and said that “peaceful protest is not extreme” . . .
When the public at large were revolted by this, as they have been revolted by the mostly peaceful “summer of love” rioting that laid waste to scores of cities, and the persecution of the government against parents protesting the mind, body and soul rape of their children, only then did they start backpedaling. Peppermint Piss-Hockey tweeted:
.@POTUS strongly believes in the Constitutional right to protest. But that should never include violence, threats, or vandalism. Judges perform an incredibly important function in our society, and they must be able to do their jobs without concern for their personal safety.
. . . Republicans slammed the Biden [junta] Monday for its latest statement, with many suggesting it came too late and others saying the condemnation did not go far enough.
“The White House is playing word games,” Republican Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton tweeted. “Biden needs to clearly condemn the mob for *showing up at private homes* at night (with kids present) to intimidate the Justices. This intimidation is unlawful and unamerican.”
Republican Missouri Rep. Vicky Hartzler said after Psaki’s tweet that “the White House is waking up Monday morning and trying to clean up their mess.”
“This wasn’t the sentiment last week. Not even close,” Fox News contributor Joe Concha also pointed out.
Unfortunately, the Junta’s minions aren’t getting this message or else they like the rest of us can see “nudge-nudge-wink-wink” at the end of the White House’s “condemnation.” Case in point is some skank pseudo-journalist named Caroline Reilly:
The tweet from the far-left Times said, “The headquarters of an anti-abortion group in Madison, Wis., was set on fire Sunday morning in an act of vandalism that included the attempted use of a Molotov cocktail and graffiti that read, “If abortions aren’t safe…”
Reilly retweeted the Times‘ tweet with her own call for more violence of this kind.
“[M]ore of this,” she tweeted. “[M]ay these people never know a moment of peace or safety until they rot in the ground.”
The tell here is that no one in the Democrat Party nor its propaganda arm, with the exception last week of Dem Senator Mark Warner, actually came out and unequivocally condemned the harassment of the Justices. And that was before Molotov cocktails were hurled at pro-life offices, pro-life individuals beaten and rent-a-mobs appeared in front of Samuel Alito’s driveway. Even with all of that not one peep out of Warren, Pelosi, Schumer, Titty Caca or any of them.
Personally, given everything we have seen going on years now, it is we who will never know a moment’s peace until these tyrants are plowed under, rhetorically speaking. Meh, let them rot where they are. “Buzzard’s gotta eat same as worms,” as Josey Wales would say. But I digress. I’m sick of these people and a bully is never going to stop until they get a fist in the mouth and they swallow their teeth like so many Chiclets.
Hold onto that thought for a second. Psaki-Psircling back up top to my assertion, having lost the issue in the courts, the attempt to weaponize it as a means to gain momentum and save their control of Congress come November is a big bust.
Reuters interviewed 21 women in the northern suburbs of Phoenix following Politico‘s report indicating the Court might rule to no longer uphold abortion rights. While suburban women played a crucial role in securing [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Joe Biden’s victory in 2020, Reuters described the interviews as a “cautionary tale” for Democrats hoping to capitalize on women’s abortion concerns to win the 2022 midterms. . .
. . . Laura Wilson, a 61-year-old mother interviewed by Reuters who said she is pro-choice and voted for Biden in 2020, said abortion rights are not on her radar in 2022.
“It’s the economy and jobs,” Wilson told Reuters. She also blamed Biden for high inflation, which hit a 40-year high rate of 8.5 percent in March, and “too many homeless people on the streets.”
Another pro-choice voter told Reuters she doesn’t “have a strong opinion” on abortion. She’s worried instead about paying twice more for groceries now than she was a year ago.
Of course, this is anecdotal but given who was polled and where, and by a reliably Leftist propaganda mouthpiece, it’s safe to say that Roe v. Wade doesn’t cut the ice as it might have a few short years ago, when the economy was booming under a different president or the orange persuasion. Will any of this stop the Left from ignoring the First Rule of Holes on every single issue that got us here and dealing with the criticism? Of course not.
. . . Nonetheless, the intensity and irrationality of the tantrums and lies will likely move beyond words when the decision is formally announced, unless the earlier threats work and at least two justices submit to the intimidations of the mob. That outcome will be a sad day for our already weakened Democratic Republic, when one of its most critical protections against tyranny––the independence of the judiciary, upon which the integrity of democratic justice relies, and its crucial principle of equality before the law rests––is cancelled by intimidation and violence.
This resort to force, as we saw on graphic display during the BLM and Antifa violence in the summer of 2020, is a repudiation of the founding principles of democracy going back 2500 years. The foundational principle of Athenian democracy, or any constitutional order run by citizens, is the substitution of language for violence. . .
. . .The protests and violence have already begun. On Mother’s Day a Madison, WI pro-life office was fire-bombed, the exterior walls covered with Antifa symbols and the threat, “If abortions aren’t safe, then you aren’t either.” There’s no doubt that if the decision argued in the leaked draft is confirmed, such violence will metastasize––yet another assault on our Democratic Republic. What the Left is promoting is not democracy as it exists in the Constitution’s order of checks and balances, but what the ancients called ochlocracy, or mob-rule-–– the symptom of a political order decaying into tyranny.
Moreover, the other critical check on concentrated, centralized power, federalism, will be strengthened if Roe is overturned. The sovereign states were created to recognize the complex diversity of the colonies and peoples, and allow them as much as possible to adjudicate complex, conflicted issues beyond the ken and power of a distant federal government and its agencies. As such, states can be what Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis famously called “laboratories of democracy,” venues for new ideas and institutions, good and bad, and refuges for those citizens who can vote with their moving vans for something better.
Abortion is the epitome of such a conflict that is best settled at the state level. Or supporters of abortion can work to pass legislation in Congress, or to put a Constitutional Amendment before the people. Those two Constitutional recourses, of course, are highly unlikely to be successful, which is why the Supreme Court had to corrupt the Constitution to rig a solution whose architects the people could not hold accountable––unaccountability being another characteristic of tyranny.
All they have left is the use of force, be it via a completely corrupt bureaucracy, a weaponized justice, law enforcement and intelligence community that engages in political terrorism to crush all opposition to the junta or goon squads committing acts of terrorism and repression to keep ordinary people in line. But even that is likely to go out the window when the groceries run out and the gas gauge hits empty.
Diesel prices reached a nationwide average of $5.54 per gallon on Monday, setting a new all-time record, according to AAA travel agency’s gas tracker. In March, the cost of regular unleaded fuel remained less than half a cent from its record high of $4.33 per gallon, at $4.328 on Monday.
These high fuel costs are just the first devastating drop, the negative effects of which will ripple throughout the entire economy, with increased transportation prices adding stress to inflationary pressures already shooting up the cost of goods and services. In March, the year-over-year inflation was marked at 8.5 percent, the highest rate since 1981. Bloomberg Economics predicts that U.S. households will spend another $5,200 this year, or $433 a month, for the same basket of goods as last year.
While diesel prices might not immediately alarm many consumers who rely on regular unleaded gasoline for routine transportation, tankers, trains, trucks, farming machinery and other industrial equipment rely on diesel.
“Diesel is the fuel that powers the economy,” Patrick De Haan, the chief petroleum analyst at GasBuddy, told CNBC. These increased costs are “certainly going to translate into more expensive goods.”
Despite the price increases, the Biden [junta] has continued to antagonize the oil and gas industry with a cascade of new taxes and regulations that hamper production.
If the thugs camped out in front of Justice Alito’s driveway think they’re untouchable, wait until 200 million of us can’t feed our kids any more. You ain’t seen nothing yet.
The End of America: 100 Days That Shook the World available here.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- “The Biden [junta] re-defined disinformation, sanitized the term of its KGB roots, and expanded the definition by applying the label to Americans.” The Biden Junta’s “Disinformation” Board is a Tool Straight From Soviet Russia’s KGB
- “Alas, this is the universal nature of corporate media stories today, leaving their consumers deeply misinformed.” Washington Post Partners With Leftist Activists to Shape Disinformation
- Daniel Greenfield: “The weather ‘hates science.'” Global Warming Was Going to Destroy Skiing, Then the Snow Fell
- “Inexperienced, contemptuous of the law, more concerned with criminal defendants than crime victims, and arrogant in the extreme: a wrecking crew for American cities.” The Five Worst Prosecutors in America
- “That tweet is not hard to decipher or confusing. Reilly was neither subtle nor cryptic. She is openly calling for more firebombing of pro-life organizations. Since that tweet, Reilly has deleted her entire verified Twitter account.” Reporter Calls for Violence Against Pro-Life Groups
- “The Democrats are recycling an already old playbook, but it is one they profited from during and after the Summer of Love.” Democrat Extremists Recycle the Playbook on Roe
- “Leftwing activist [terrorist] group Shut Down DC organized the event and will have both speakers and a candlelight vigil ‘at the foot of his driveway.’” (be a real shame if the chief organizer’s home accidentally caught fire and burned to the ground; worse if he/she were in it – jjs) Watch: Pro-Abortion Leftists Descend on Justice Samuel Alito’s Home
- “Republicans slammed the Biden [junta] Monday for its latest statement, with many suggesting it came too late and others saying the condemnation did not go far enough.”White House Declares Justices Must Be Allowed to Perform Their Duties “Without Concern for Their Personal Safety”
- Christian Toto: “Basement-rated show veers to the left of even Biden White House.” Full Frontal Gives Thumbs Up to Protests at Justices’ Homes
- “A ‘Catholic’ [so-called quote-unquote “president”] believes a woman has an inherent right to ‘abort a child.'” Biden Junta Winks at Mob Rule on Abortion
- “On Wednesday, the House Speaker wrote that the Senate would again put the legislation up for a vote.” (C-U-Next Tuesday – jjs) Malig-Nancy Pelosi Applauds “Righteous Anger” of Abortion Rights Activists in Letter to Fellow Democrats
- Terry Jeffrey: “Who is correct about abortion, the Catholic Church or Nancy Pelosi?” Malig-Nancy Pelosi Defends What the Church Calls Murder
* * * * *
- “The draft, which was leaked to the public last week, does not represent the final decision of the Supreme Court in the case of Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health. Justices are still able to suggest changes to the majority opinion or switch their votes altogether until the court publishes its decision in the case.” Report: Supreme Court Majority Still Supports Overturning Roe
- “What really lies behind the national tantrum on the Left.” Attacks on Supreme Court Justices are the Real Assaults on Democracy
- “The radical Revolutionary Communist Party is behind Rise Up 4 Abortion, the group organizing Mother’s Day protests across the country.” Hillary-Endorsed Abortion Group Targeting Churches is a Front for Revolutionary Communists
- “During the church service, pro-abortion demonstrators walked between pews toward the front of the church in an apparent attempt to reach the altar before being blocked by parishioners and escorted out of the building, according to the footage shared by CNA.”Parishioners Thwart Abortion Activists’ Attempt to Derail Mass at L.A. Cathedral
- “I think for a lot of people, a conversation about civility feels like it misses the mark when constitutional rights that you believe that you had for over 50 years are about to be overturned,” said Jarrett, the daughter of one of former President Barack Obama’s top advisors, Valerie Jarrett. (funny, that’s what the Democrats thought about Brown v. Board of Education – jjs) CNN Anchor & Valerie Jarrett Spawn: Discussing Civility “Misses the Mark” When it Comes to Protesting Conservative Justices
- “The Biden regime has made it absolutely clear there’ll be no justice in the leak case.”Obstruction of Justice at the Supreme Court
- “New York City had the second-highest abortion ratio in 2019 for the reporting jurisdictions. It had 472 abortions for each 1,000 live births. New York City was followed by the entirety of New York State (including the city), which had 355 abortions for each 1,000 live births.”CDC: D.C. Had Nation’s Highest Reported Ratio of Abortions to Live Births
- “The pro-abortion party tries to defend the practice by not talking about it.” The Devil is in the Details, So Let’s Avoid the Details
THE UKRAINIAN “FRONT”
- “The ghost of Kaiser Wilhelm II is rising in clueless Joe Biden.” Slouching Towards War With Russia: Biden’s Drift is Getting Dangerous
- “Germany banned Ukraine (and Russian) flags at WWII memorials.” Ukraine: Putin Blames the West in Victory Day Speech, Russian Bomb Kills Dozens at Luhansk School
- “The ominous Telegram message from Dmitry Rogozin, head of Russia’s Roscosmos space agency, prompted Musk – the CEO of SpaceX and Tesla, and Twitter’s new owner – to tweet to his 91.5 million followers, ‘If I die under mysterious circumstances, it’s been nice knowin’ ya.’” Elon Musk Responds to Putin Ally’s Warning: “If I Die Under Mysterious Circumstances…”
- Because it goes against the meme of Putin/evil and Zelensky/good? Why Won’t Anyone Talk About the One Neo-Nazi Battalion in Ukraine?
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- Robert Spencer: “More disinformation about fighting ‘disinformation.'” Relax: Mayorkas Says His New Thought Police Won’t Monitor U.S. Citizens
- “How did Homeland Security find one of the top 10 most ridiculous people in the country to run their new Ministry of Truth?” asked journalist Glenn Greenwald. “Was this some sort of trolling exercise?” Comedy Gold: Minister of Truth Nina Jankowicz Sez Liberals Censored on Social Media More Often Than Conservatives
- “Fails to quantify how or why.” FDA Chief Claims “Misinformation” is Leading Cause of Death in the United States
- Thad McCotter: ” . . . what happens when events compel the Left to engage – read “hoodwink” and “bully” – the other side? Hilarity ensues.” The Conservative Case for Ignoring “The Conservative Case” (aka “I’m Not a Conservative, But I Play One on Twitter”)
- “What troubles me is that differences of opinion or ideology have in certain circumstances been reflected by egregious distortions of reality,” he said. It is a perplexing claim, given the fact that Fauci himself has altered his positions on a variety of issues — from the efficacy of masks to forced vaccines — over the course of the pandemic. Lying, Malignant Vole Anthony Fauci Rails Against the “Normalization of Untruths” in Commencement Speech
- “After dismissing the lawsuit, U.S. District Court Judge James Donato in San Francisco said he will allow Trump’s attorneys to file an amended complaint that is ‘consistent with this order’ by May 27.” Federal Judge Rules to Dismiss Trump’s Lawsuit Against Twitter
- [Sen Marsha] Blackburn has been sounding the alarm about Big Tech for a long time. “Companies use advanced data collecting techniques to gather and analyze the habits movements and interests to build out a virtual you that only exists to cater to advertisers,” she said in 2021. “The impact this has on children can be even more detrimental by taking advantage of the always on mentality children are constantly being tracked and analyzed.”Beleaguered Parents Get Some Help From U.S. Senator on How to Keep Kids Safe Online
DEMOCRAT WAR ON OIL, THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “Diesel prices reached a nationwide average of $5.54 per gallon on Monday, setting a new all-time record, according to AAA.” Diesel Prices Hit All-Time High, Meaning Soon So Will the Costs of Everything You Buy
- “Could China engender the trust needed to become a major player in the global monetary system?” Can China Replace the Petrodollar?
- “Dale began by noting that the deficit had fallen in the first year of Biden’s [so-called quote-unquote “presidency”] — but he disputed the claim that it had fallen because of anything the [so-called quote-unquote “president”] had done.” (when you’ve lost even your own house organ . . . – jjs) “Reversal of Reality: CNN Fact-Checker Isn’t Buying Biden’s Claim That He Reduced the Deficit
- “It’s the economy and jobs,” Wilson told Reuters. She also blamed Biden for high inflation, which hit a 40-year high rate of 8.5 percent in March, and “too many homeless people on the streets.” Suburban Women in Arizona More Concerned by Inflation Than Abortion
- “The Biden people are reduced to sending their rioters into the street in the hope that ordinary moms forget all about the price of meat and ordinary truckers forget about the price of diesel.” Dox Away, Libs, But Whatabout Inflation Equity?
- “The rise in prices has outpaced nominal increases in pay, producing a nearly 3% decline in real wages — stretching Americans’ budgets with respect to food, gas, housing, and other necessities. A recent poll found that 94% of Americans were either “upset” or “concerned” about the impact of skyrocketing inflation, while a slim 28% approved of [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Joe Biden’s approach toward managing price levels.” Inflation Worries Remain Near Record Highs, Boding Poorly For Economy
- “. . . All of them reject one basic thing.” Prager U Video: Seven Economic Truths
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “Rivian’s stock price fell 18.72% to $23.40 per share on Monday, a whopping 87% decline from its November peak of $179.47 a share, according to market data. The company reported a net loss of $2.5 billion in the final three months of 2021 and said in March that it would produce 25,000 vehicles in 2022, half of the number it originally projected.” EV Automaker Hailed as the “Next Tesla” is Hemorrhaging Cash and Investors
- “Is California’s war on plastics based on science or emotion?” A Little Truth About Microplastics
- “Some good news coming out of the global population collapse.” Demographics: Deglobalization Will Fix Climate Change
CIVIL WAR 2.0: LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, CAPITOL HILL BLACK WEDNESDAY PROTEST AFTERMATH, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- Julie Kelly: “Mehta is not the only judge on the D.C. District Court to express open contempt for Trump and his supporters—but he is by far the most powerful.” Judge Amit Mehta’s Kangaroo Court
- “Friends told the alt-weekly that Bivins had grown more erratic during the pandemic and had recently expressed anti-immigrant sentiments on his social media. His Twitter account has been largely scrubbed.” Antifa Terrorist Arrested for “Racist” Attacks on Portland Synagogues and Mosque – and Media Erase His Connections
- The contract, signed by both the College at Brockport, State University of New York, and the Lavin Agency on behalf of Nikole Hannah-Jones, specified that the university would be required to pay for Hannah-Jones’ hotel and ground transportation in addition to “first class airfare” and a sum of $50,000. (I guess Marxism pays – jjs) Exclusive: Nikole Hannah-Jones Receives First Class Airfare, Over $330 a Minute for Speech
- “How can anyone at the foundation say it never misused funds when the whole organization was in disarray since its inception?” BLM Terrorist Co-Founder Admits Using $6 Million Mansion for Personal Purposes, But Insists No One Misused Funds
- “The only ‘good amount’ of race discrimination is none.” A Little Racism, As a Treat?
- “Kotagal, a lawyer, represented a client named Liyah Brown who wanted to defund and abolish the police and said she believed they are a tool of white supremacy.” Senate Republicans to Press Biden’s EEOC Nominee for Representing BLM Anti-Police Terrorist Who Has History of Trashing Law Enforcement
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “The former president allegedly wanted to send missiles into Mexico to target the drug cartels, Esper claimed in a 60 Minutes interview that aired Sunday, adding that Trump was genuinely passionate about combating the drug trafficking problems at the southern border.”Trump Responds in Just Two Words to Claim He Wanted To Shoot Missiles at Mexican Cartels
- “Ramirez’s attorney said the suspect’s illegal alien status ‘has no nexus to and no bearing on her guilt or innocence’ in the kidnapping case.” Sanctuary State California: Three-Time Deported Illegal Alien Charged with Kidnapping Three-Month-Old Baby
AMERICA, AND THE WORLD, IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “Democrats talk a good game. But don’t results matter more than words?” Chinese COVID Proves It: Democrats Couldn’t Care Less About Minorities or the Poor
- “Scandinavian country got it right.” Sweden Suffered Fewer Deaths Per Capita Than Much of Europe Despite Refusing to Enforce Strict Lockdowns
- “The wheels of justice grind slowly to justice, but grind they do. Of the many horrible stories I have documented of ordinary people being badly harmed by illegal and unjust actions of the government and others, more and more are getting resolved in favor of the oppressed, with the oppressors more and more facing real negative consequences.”Pushback: Lawsuit Forces Rhode Island to Let Oral Surgeon Reopen His Practice
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- William Jacobson: “Legal Insurrection Foundation Files Supreme Court Brief In Support Of Asian Students Challenging Race-Based Affirmative Action.” Our SCOTUS Brief: “The Grand Judicial Experiment of Excusing Racial Discrimination in University Admissions … Has Failed”
- “Rising school truancy could widen educational gaps, but a remedy is already in place.”Bring Back “Learnfare”
- “. . . Now that it’s politicized, it’s a nightmare.” Social Emotional Learning Was Always a Bad Idea
- “Charter schools provide a free, public education to families who choose to enroll in these schools. Limiting the growth of these institutions will harm students seeking learning options beyond the traditional public school system, which is beholden to teachers’ unions rather than to parents and students.” House Republicans Slam Biden Junta’s “Disturbing Attack” on Charter Schools
THE 2020 ELECTION HEIST AND AFTERMATH
- “Marc Elias, the left’s go-to attack dog, is laughed out of court, accused of lying to the special counsel, and on the losing end of several voting-rights cases.” (let me know when he joins Vince Foster and Ron Brown – jjs) The Decline of a Democrat Superlawyer
- “This is the follow-up to Dinesh D’Souza’s 2000 Mules, which shows how hundreds of thousands of fraudulent votes affected the 2020 election.” (I don’t think this even includes the fraud perpetrated at the ballot counting centers when the observers were ejected and the windows covered – jjs) True The Vote is About to Drop an Information Bomb Regarding Election Fraud
- “The easiest way to restore trust in the election process is to ban mail-in voting.” No More Ballots in the Wild
- “The likelihood of cheating in November is looking ugly, and time is growing short for patriots to do anything about it.” If We Cannot Secure Voting, We Will Perish
SHAMPEACHMENT 1.0, 2016 CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- Margot Cleveland: “Judge Christopher Cooper’s efforts to counter the impact of the case on Hillary Clinton and the Democrat Party extend beyond declaring the ‘co-conspirator’ exception off limits.” Spygate Judge Tries To Protect Hillary Clinton In Latest Pre-Trial Rulings
- “I think that given the events of January 6th, given how he has undermined the election results, he incited people to come to D.C., stirred them that morning, and failed to call them off. To me, that threatens our democracy,” Esper said. (go fuck yourself in the heart with a rusty steak knife, you rat bastard – jjs) Former Trump Official, and Piece-of-Shit Traitorous Mutt, Mark Esper Claims President Was a “Threat to Democracy”
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “We extend our full support to these students who may now be feeling marginalized and demoralized,” the faculty members wrote. “We also express our steadfast commitment to Harvard’s ties with Israel, a country that is home to some of the world’s best universities. Our research and teaching missions benefit from these educational exchanges, and we encourage Harvard to grow them further.” Harvard Faculty Slam Crimson’s BDS Endorsement
- “New out-of-the box proactive ideas — empowered by philanthropy dollars to move the needle.” Combating Anti-Semitism Through Strategic Venture Philanthropy
BIDEN CRIME FAMILY REVELATIONS
- “John Paul Mac Isaac’s ordeal with drunk Hunter who reeked of alcohol and entitlement.”Computer Repairman Reveals What Happened on the Fateful Night He Met Hunter Biden
- “The poll, conducted after the leak of the Supreme Court draft opinion showing a majority of justices favoring rolling back Roe v. Wade, suggests that the overwrought responses from Democrats may not move the needle on Election Day as they’d hoped it would.” This New Post-Supreme Court Leak Poll Should Terrify Democrats
- “Barnette’s surge in the polls immediately follows the Republican primary debate on May 4, in which Barnette accused Oz of flip-flopping on his abortion stance. . . Trump’s choice may face a tougher ride than he thought.” PA Senate Poll Shows MAGA Firebrand Kathy Barnette Hot on Trump-Endorsed Dr. Oz’s Heels
- “On August 20, 2020 Joe Biden accepted the Democrat party’s nomination for president by fatuously declaring, ‘Character and decency are on the ballot.’” The Ruling Elites Redefined Character in Order to [s]Elect Joe Biden
- “Unfavorable court decisions and aggressive moves from Republicans late in the process destroyed any hope of Democrat gains from the redistricting cycle.” Democrats Thought Redistricting Would Save Them in 2022. Here’s How Their Dreams Turned to Dust
- Robert Spencer: “As you might expect, however, she is only right by accident, and in a way that is diametrically opposite to what she intended.” Hillary Clinton Says Something True and Accurate for Once
- “How a celebrated media darling became a ‘dangerous authoritarian.’” The Vilification of J.D. Vance
- “There is much to look forward to under Republican majorities, but only if they properly shake their learned helplessness.” (don’t confuse stupid and/or helpless with active collusion – jjs) 3 Things Republicans Should Do to Stop Losing and Start Winning When They Take Back Congress in 2022
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “Before students are scanned, they will have the chance to discard inappropriate items or weapons. If any item is found, they will be detained and referred to police.” Philadelphia Begins Weapons Screenings for Middle School Students
- “The recent surge in attacks on cops reflects a broader increase in violence.” Yes, Policing Is Getting More Dangerous
- “FPC not only opposes [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Biden’s nomination of Steve Dettelbach to lead the ATF, we condemn his nomination as yet another naked attempt to weaponize federal law enforcement against peaceable gun owners nationwide. Dettelbach has spent much of his career supporting partisan platforms and the gun control movement. . . [His] positions mirror those of former nominee David Chipman and are equally disqualifying.” Firearms Policy Coalition Urges Senate Judiciary Committee to Oppose Biden’s ATF Nominee
- “The new taxation on guns, ammunition, and parts, would be on top of the myriad gun controls that already exist in California. Michael Bloomberg-affiliated Everytown for Gun Safety ranks California number one for ‘Gun Law Strength.’” CA Bill Amended to ‘Immediately’ Impose Handgun Excise Tax
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “Nor did it make things any better when a representative for the airlines said they would have done exactly the same to African passengers.” A Lufthansa Flight Crew Bans All Jews From Boarding One of Its Flights
- “Parastui was permitted to attend a film screening event in Los Angeles late last month that was organized by the far-left anti-Israel group Code Pink. While attending the event, Parastui was caught on camera assaulting an Iranian dissident who challenged him on the regime’s human rights abuses.” Congress Investigates Biden Junta for Granting Visa to Iranian Ally of Terror Leader Soleimani
- “An anonymous North Korean resident told the news outlet that the North Korean government is also targeting women wearing curve-hugging pants.” North Korea Cracks Down on More Western “Trends,” Bans Piercings, Hair-Dye, Skinny Jeans
- Raymond Ibrahim: “It is difficult to emphasize how utterly surreal such claims are, at least for those familiar with Islam’s true history.” World’s ‘Most Influential Muslim’ Offers a Mind-Blowing Lie About Islamic History
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “Capitalism in space: Spinlaunch has released a video showing what a Spinlaunch test launch looked like from the payload’s perspective.” The Payload’s View During a Spinlaunch Test
- “The rocket to be tested is almost exactly the same height as SpaceX’s Falcon 9 first stage, so apparently this test will be a test of a full scale prototype of Linkspace’s own first stage. If successful, the company will be able to soon followup with reusable launches.” Chinese Pseudo Company Linkspace to Try Suborbital Vertical Rocket Test This Year
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “The TomboyX collection includes undergarments such as chest binders, packing underwear, bras, and boyshorts in sizes S-4X. Humankind’s line is focused on swimsuit styles, including swim trunks, tops, and unisuits.” Chest Binders and Packing Underwear Featured in Target’s New Pride Month Collection
- “. . . instead of cool prizes, children are being force-fed woke messages from groomers trying to turn them into deviants. Kellogg’s teamed up with GLADD to force diversity messages on children at the breakfast table.” GROOMER ALERT: Now They’re Trying to Get to Your Kids Through Their Breakfast Cereal
- “Amber Heard should be held responsible for putting her name on her allegedly defamatory Washington Post op-ed, but she didn’t write it, and the Post should have known.” How The Washington Post and ACLU Helped Amber Heard Attack Johnny Depp
- “Why has the long-time New York Democrat mayor, who died in 2013, been targeted for cancellation by Democrats who should know better and Progressives who don’t want to?” Ed Koch’s 59th Street Bridge Song
HITHER & YON
- It’s no Rothko . . . Andy Warhol’s “Marilyn” Shatters Record for Highest Price Achieved at Auction for American Artist
- “A member of the Bass Fishing Hall of Fame, Scott founded the first professional bass fishing tournament in the late 1960s. Anglers could win money based on the weight of the fish they caught over several days on a lake or river, and they were penalized if a fish died.”“Ultimate Showman” of Bass Fishing Ray Scott Dead at 88
FINALLY . . .
- “The proximity of dates couldn’t have been coincidental.” The Death of the Warsaw Ghetto and the Birth of Israel
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.