GRIM MILESTONE INDICATOR:
GASOLINE: $4.598 (2018: $2.74)
DIESEL: $5.571 (2018: $3.00)
MILK: $4.03 (2018: $2.45)
MEAN TWEETS: n/a (2018: $ !%#*%!!!)
Good morning, kids. In the immortal words of Jerry Colonna, “Ah! Something new has been added!” Yes, in the spirit of today’s “journalism” or as I sometimes refer to it, “charnel-ism,” I think it only appropriate that we dust off the grim milestone indicator, made famous during the War on Terror (though to this day, in spite of being quite proficient in geography, I still can’t find Terror on my light-up Replogle globe) and repurpose it. I do not mean to diminish or make light of our servicemen and women who sacrificed their lives. 20 years later, I’ve come to the awful realization that their lives were indeed sacrificed by the criminals in Congress to keep their shares of Raytheon and General Dynamics fat and happy. And if you think those companies won’t somehow find a way to sell the Taliban replacement parts for the $80 billion in military hardware Biden effectively gave them by bugging out of Afghanistan, I have a bridge over the East River I can let you have cheap. But you might not want to ride the Q train over it lest you get shot to death by a criminal whose melanin content and last name should not be mentioned. But I digress.
Psaki-Psircling back and speaking of Iraq, I’m sure we all remember Baghdad Bob, the irritating douchebag draped in surplus olive drab Idi Amin battle dress, who kept assuring the world that the US military was on the verge of being wiped out, even as 155mm rounds were dropping just off camera. I give you none other than America’s answer to Baghdad Bob – “Bad Gag Ron.”
White House Chief of Staff Ron Klain tweeted out a running list of bad poll numbers for [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Joe Biden and claimed it’s actually good news.
Klein [sic] retweeted late Sunday a tweet from Axios laying out the recent findings from a CBS News poll. The poll was conducted between May 18-20 among 2,041 adults. The poll had a +- 2.5 percentage point margin of error.
“Tough Biden poll from CBS News,” Axios wrote.
The tweet noted that among those polled, 69% said the economy is “bad,” 65% said Biden has been “slow to react” in moments of crisis and 63% said the state of the nation is “uneasy” and “worrying.”
But Klain said the “narrative” is actually incorrect.
“I hate to spoil the narrative but this poll shows @potus approval rating moving up, and solid public confidence on the two biggest problems he inherited: COVID and jobs.”
Yeah, that approval rating is going way up, Ron! And blaming Trump for Chinese COVID and jobs is just laughable in the extreme. Biden promised to end the pandemic and along with surpassing the death toll during Trump’s first term (and I have serious doubts about those numbers anyway), gave America a giant Ministry of Truth-serum enema, now fortified with monkey pox! Well, to be fair, Biden did solve the jobs “problem.” He killed off millions of jobs, including those for blacks, minorities and women that Trump made possible in the greatest numbers ever. Considering Klain and his Kalorama Komintern are hell bent on destroying our economy, record numbers of people employed and off the dole is indeed a huge problem. Especially when the aforementioned groups are your traditional core voting blocs.
So, given that this is a primary election day in several states, with what are surely bellwether races in Georgia for governor and the senate, an abused and put-upon electorate heads to the polls. In that light, and in light of Bad Gag Ron, I give you this story of where the Democrat Party is headed and where they are hell bent on taking all of us.
Washington Democratic congressional candidate Rebecca Parson has a bold idea to get Congress to pass housing legislation: have a million people break into empty houses.
Parson, a member of the Democratic Socialists of America, is running to represent Washington’s 6th Congressional District. In a video ad, she outlined what she and her followers can do if she wins.
“Imagine I proposed a Housing for All Bill in Congress, Then imagine you, me, and a million of our friends took action and occupied empty houses nationwide. They couldn’t ignore us,” Parson says in the ad.
“No one has ever done anything like this,” Parson continues. “That’s why it’s going to work.”
Oh yeah, that’ll work out just fine! And if the houses aren’t empty, I’m sure the “million of our friends” will eagerly empty the houses of the “white supremacists” and “insurrectionists” otherwise known as owners. “For the people!” you understand. I dare not bring up the movie Dr. Zhivago since Putin = Evil and as we all know Putin = Trump. But grant me dispensation when I recall the scene where Ralph Richardson protests the occupation of his home by several dozen people at the orders of the local commissar who claims it’s for the people.
“Well, I’m one of the people!” he remonstrated. Except he wasn’t. Just like all of us. We are being, what’s the word? “REPLACED.” And we will like it, or else.
The End of America: 100 Days That Shook the World available here.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- “Just one day into Davos and we’re already hearing some disturbing things.” World Economic Forum Panelist Demands “Recalibration” of Free Speech
- “Imagine I proposed a Housing for All Bill in Congress, Then imagine you, me, and a million of our friends took action and occupied empty houses nationwide. They couldn’t ignore us,” Parson says in the ad. “No one has ever done anything like this,” Parson continues. “That’s why it’s going to work.” (she must’ve seen Dr. Zhivago a couple of times – jjs) Washington Dem Socialist Congressional Candidate Rebecca Parson Calls for Breaking Into Empty Homes
- Heather Mac Donald: “After the horror in Buffalo, [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Biden and others peddle an entirely false charge: that whites are the biggest source of hate crime and interracial violence in the U.S.” Using Tragedy for Racial Propaganda
- “No communist was ever as dedicated to economic suicide as the current class of idiots who rule us.” The Economic Doom Loop Has Begun
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “Preliminary investigation reveals the suspect was walking back and forth in the same train car and, without provocation, pulled out a gun and fired it at the victim at close range as the train was crossing the Manhattan Bridge,” Corey said. The gunman, described only as a heavy-set, “dark-skinned” man with a beard who was wearing a hooded sweatshirt, gray sweat pants and white sneakers, fled when the train pulled into the Canal Street station. (could’ve been me; I was on the subway in Manhattan on Sunday morning – jjs) Gunman Shoots Passenger Dead on New York City Subway
- “Law enforcement sources told the Post Andrew Abdullah is wanted for questioning in connection with the killing of Daniel Enriquez. Police Commissioner Keechant Sewell on Monday morning tweeted pictures of the suspect, who is still at large, asking New Yorkers for ‘help identifying & locating’ the shooter.” “The City is Not Safe”: Suspect in NYC Subway Shooting Had 19 Prior Arrests
- “I identify as bisexual and I wanted him [Chappelle] to know what he said was triggering.”Man Who Attacked Dave Chappelle Admits Being “Triggered” By LGBTQ Jokes
- Crime & 2-A expert John Lott: “Democrats are lying to Americans about the most likely motivations for mass murderers and the prevalence of guns in violent crime.” Data Shows White Supremacists Are Not the Most Likely Mass Murderers
- “Ignoring leftwing extremist threats to domestic security.” Biden’s Surreal Speech on the Buffalo Shooting Spree
THE ECONOMY, STUPID, & THE DEMOCRAT WAR ON OIL,
- “The share saying the economy is bad had been holding steady for the first four months of the year and final two months of last year. Between September and November, the share saying the economy is bad jumped from 51 percent to 64 percent and held at around that level through April even as the unemployment rate fell from 4.2 percent to 3.6 percent.”69% of Americans Say the Economy is Bad
- “Prices are even steeper in the Northeast region because it has fewer refineries than the rest of the country: In New York, for instance, prices are as high as $6.51 per gallon – a stunning 102 percent increase from one year ago.” Diesel Fuel Costs Soaring — Up 75% from Last Year
- “An incredible transition.” Biden Suggests [admits] Soaring Gas Prices Are Part of Green Agenda
- “Not all of it.” Jake Tapper Interrupts Biden Official Who Keeps Insisting Gas Prices Are Putin’s Fault
- “[T]hat is not enough. That is not even close. We know that this plant was shut down, the one plant that really is the monopoly here in the United States, three months ago. And we’ve got enough for a week for 27,000 children, babies.” Intern-Killer’s Sex Mannequin Brzezinski: White House Touting Delivery of 78,000 Pounds of Baby Formula “Not Something to Brag About” — “Not Enough”
- Yeah, from dead to decomposing. Biden Economic Adviser: “Our Economy Is in a Period of Transition”
- “If [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Biden wants to tackle higher prices, he should forget about more tax hikes and instead reverse his policies on domestic oil and natural gas production.” Fight Inflation with Energy
- “The role of regulations in the inflation crisis is largely overlooked but shouldn’t be. When Washington wraps the economy in red tape, businesses must spend massive sums on compliance.” It’s Not Just Spending — Biden’s Record Regulations Are Driving Inflation Too
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “A long line of suppressed disclosures has shown that the federal government is indeed spying on Americans, and Congress still hasn’t done anything about it.” No Matter What Happens to Biden’s “Disinformation” Board, the Feds Are Spying on Americans
- Robert Spencer: “Is there hope for freedom of speech in America after all?” DHS Says Disinformation Board Being “Paused” Due to Harassment of Its Chief Enforcer
- “Media attempt to hang ‘great replacement’ theory around the neck of GOP conference chairwoman.” (it’s not a theory; it’s a fact and the media have even boasted about it for years now – jjs) Who’s Afraid of Elise Stefanik?
- “The censoring comes as no surprise, as Iran’s regime has a large budget for its cyber army, which routinely targets groups, organizations or individuals who publish or post material unflattering to the regime. Pro-regime ‘bots; are highly present on social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.” REPORT: Instagram, Facebook Fact Checkers Censor Posts on Iran Protests
- “This is going to get really ugly.” (and Carl Cameron ain’t no oil painting already – jjs)Tucker Carlson Hits Back at Former Fox News Reporter Saying He Should Be “In Jail”
- “It’s always so much fun to ride the tiger as it gobbles up your enemies’ free speech, but not nearly as fun when it consumes your own.” Facebook Employees Hate It When Facebook Censors Them
THE UKRAINIAN “FRONT”
- “The resolution was authored by New Jersey Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez and Idaho Republican Sen. Jim Risch, who serve as leaders of the Foreign Relations Committee.” (these fools are going to get us nuked – jjs) Senate To Introduce Bipartisan Resolution To Fast-Track Finland, Sweden NATO Applications
- Zelenskyy on Poland: “We are introducing joint customs control with Poland. This will significantly speed up border procedures.” Ukraine: Russian Diplomat at UN Quits, Kyiv Joins Forces With Poland
- “America’s foreign-policy establishment wants to reassure Putin that nothing has changed.”Giving Putin An Off-Ramp to Victory Lane
- “The Russian Federation is not losing this war. Please do not be fooled into thinking that.”Putin is Fighting the War He Chooses
- “Perhaps, just perhaps, the humiliation of watching the truth jump out of his mouth and stand in the light of day will chasten Dubya.” Will George Bush Repent for the Iraq War? Will Anyone?
CIVIL WAR 2.0: LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, CAPITOL HILL BLACK WEDNESDAY PROTEST AFTERMATH, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- Julie Kelly: “If January 6 was so horrific, comparable to 9/11 and other deadly terror attacks, why do Democrats keep lying about what happened?” Another January 6 Lie: No “Recon” Tours on January 5
- “The letter sparked controversy at the time after Attorney General Merrick Garland formed a federal task force to monitor threats against school boards and teachers. Parent groups and Republicans accused the Biden [junta] of colluding with the NSBA to use the letter to justify scrutiny of school board meetings.” White House Coordinated With National School Boards Association on “Domestic Terrorism” Letter, Report Shows
- “Without fail, when there’s a mass shooting, the mainstream media will collude with the Democratic Party to blame conservatives.” (gee, ya think? – jjs) Will the Lies and Smears Ever Stop?
- “Police reportedly refused to tell Posobiec and his crew why they were being detained, though he later told The Post Millennial that he was told that they looked ‘suspicious’ because they were filming at the entrance.” Jack Posobiec Detained at Davos World Economic Forum Event
- “The D.C. bureaucracy and specifically the intelligence agencies have long become powers unto themselves, and a threat to our democracy.” It’s Long Past Time for Congress to Break Up the FBI
- “Those that seek political hegemony by deliberately fomenting racial and ethnic animosity are among the most despicable people on earth and are little different than the despots who rampaged through the Twentieth Century.” America is Regressing into a Tribal Society Rife with Acrimony, Anxiety and Suspicion
- Replacement theory? Something? Hmm. Ghana may be a third world country but I guarantee you that the average Ghanaian would tell the WaPo to take Emma Lazarus’ poem and shove it up Bezos’ ass. WaPo Suggests Black Americans Who “Tired of U.S. Hostility” Consider Relocating to Ghana
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “Says Joe Biden needs to speak in person to ‘farmers and ranchers who are finding dead bodies on their ranches now.’” Senator: Southern U.S. Border Resembles a “War Zone”
AMERICA, AND THE WORLD, IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “. . . the pandemic is essentially over now, and Democrats are heading into the 2022 midterms in a terribly weak position. Many expect a political bloodbath. But does the White House have a trick up its sleeve? On Sunday, Dr. Ashish Jha, the White House [Chinese] Coronavirus Response Coordinator, claimed on ABC’s This Week that the White House anticipates a surge of [Chinese] COVID-19 cases this fall and winter.” (cases mean shit; hospitalizations and actual death do – jjs) Is This How Biden Hopes to Save the Democrats in the Midterms?
- “Chinese researchers created an H7N9 virus that killed 35% of the mice tested. It is interesting to note that H5N1 bird flu is now raging…killing nearly 100% of infected birds. And it appears that the virus has also been studied at the infamous institute.” Wuhan Institute of Virology Publishes New “Gain of Function” Study Featuring Avian Flu Virus
- “But whatever you believe about masking doesn’t matter when you see the following clip of Joe Biden arriving in South Korea a few days ago. For some reason, Biden descends the stairs of Air Force One by himself yet wearing a mask, before taking it off as he approaches someone.” WATCH: Biden Continues to Prove His Masking Is Pure Theatre
- Gee, that wasn’t very responsible of him, given the past “two weeks” of constant hectoring and fear mongering, now was it? XiNN’s Jake Tapper, the Fake Yapper, Taped Show After Positive Chinese COVID Test: Report
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “At last week’s Financial Times conference, Stuart Kirk — the global head of responsible investing at HSBC’s asset management division — delivered a presentation called ‘Why investors need not worry about climate risk.’ Top executives internally agreed upon the theme and content of the speech before Kirk delivered it on Thursday, according to Financial Times.” A Top Banker Slammed Policymakers’ Efforts to “Out-Hyperbole” Each Other on Climate Change. The Bank Suspended Him.
- “Australia’s conversion to hard greenery is arriving at the very moment when responsible people everywhere are realizing that the costs of orthodox Green climate policy are economically destructive and that the Russo-Ukraine war makes them strategically dangerous too. To use language that should be familiar by now: Net-Zero is unsustainable. And they’ve just embraced it.” Australians Go Walkabout on “Climate Change”
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “[Deputy Director of Education Policy at the American Enterprise Institute, Nat] Malkus said that the question here will be whether parents who chose this option during the pandemic school closures will continue with the method when and if schools reopen.” SHOT: Mass Exodus – 1.2 Million Students Abandoned Public Schools Since the Pandemic
- “Some of the books on the list focus on teaching children the history of the gay pride flag, engage the conversation about race and detail the story of a transgender boy’s desire to no longer be seen as a girl, according to Fox News. Other books on the list depict an oil pipeline as a venomous snake and an illustration of a boy applying lipstick and jewelry to fulfill his desire of becoming a mermaid, the outlet reported.” CHASER: New York’s Department of Education Recommends School Children Read Books on Transgenderism, Racism and Lieawatha Warren
- “Over the next year more and more of the other lawsuits against the illegal blacklisting and discrimination and censorship that began following the George Floyd riots and accelerated with the election of Democrat Joe Biden are going to be won, again and again and again.”Pushback: Professor Fired for Having Opinions Wins Total Victory
- “An alarming testimony of student indoctrination camps.” Prager U Video: A California Teacher Talks About Why She Quit Her Job
- “By not ruling on Dobbs in the weeks immediately following the leaked draft, the justices are showing that they are not in a rush to break that tradition, even with the protests.”Supreme Court Declines to Rule in Abortion Case – Again
- “I was not prepared.” News Site Reveals Women’s Experiences With Abortion-By-Pill
- “It has been over two weeks since Politico published a draft opinion by Justice Samuel Alito and the leaker remains at large.” Will the Supreme Court Leaker Ever Face Any Consequences?
- “The revelation raises questions about how D.C.’s Archbishop Wilton Gregory, named a cardinal in the Catholic Church by Pope Francis in 2020, will handle Pelosi’s apparent defiance of her pastor’s directive to abstain from communion due to her ongoing support for abortion.” D.C. Archdiocese Accidentally Lets Slip It’s Ignoring Requests About Pro-Abortion Malig-Nancy Pelosi
THE 2020 ELECTION HEIST AND AFTERMATH
- “Americans must reckon with what the courts failed to resolve.” The Cancer of Election Fraud
- “In Pennsylvania, the ‘No Questions’ mail-in balloting returns have the potential to blunt a favorable GOP trend with a deluge of Democrat ginned up mail-ins.” Salena Zito’s Big Miss About Pennsylvania’s Midterms
SHAMPEACHMENT 1.0, 2016 CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- Margot Cleveland: “Today starts week two in United States v. Sussmann, Special Counsel John Durham’s false statement case against Michael Sussmann.” Here’s a Play-By-Play of the Special Counsel Criminal Case Heading Into Week Two
- “Hillary’s former campaign manager, Robby Mook, dropped a dime on his old boss and said she pulled the trigger on the disinformation campaign against Donald Trump. SHE did. And it wouldn’t have come into testimony if Mook hadn’t been required to answer upon pain of perjury who the highest official to sign off on the disinformation was. Thank you, John Durham.” FLASHBACK: Watch Hillary Trash Trump for Election “Funny Stuff” When She Was Doing It
- She and her husband should’ve been hanged for Loral Space and Uranium One. And that’s just for starters. “Should Be Held Fully Accountable”: Republicans Hammer Clinton For Peddling False Russia Collusion Claims
- “Donald Trump’s campaign, his reputation, and his Administration lay in a bloody heap on the floor as the Democrat Party, Hillary Clinton, and all of her minions laughed while dragging the country through this farce. The institutions of the DOJ, FBI, and CIA and a special counsel appointment were put in the service of Hillary Clinton, undermining their reputations just to look good for the boss. Absolute treachery.” Sussmann Trial Week 2: It Was Hillary, In the Back Room, With the Chardonnay Bottle
- “No longer an officeholder, she needs to be held accountable and live with the stench of corruption for the rest of her life.” (no, she needs to swing – jjs) Impeach Hillary Clinton In 2023
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “Forcing children to sleep and undress next to kids of the opposite sex effectively puts up a ‘Christian kids need not apply’ sign on public recreation activities.” The Left Has Effectively Banned Christian Kids From Public Pools, Libraries, and Summer Camps
- “Welcome to the peculiar — and telling — world of a Trojan horse ‘Orthodox’ woman.”Yearning for Russian Orthodoxy to be Like the Democrat Party
DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- “There is no good reason for Roger Wicker to be anywhere near Davos.” Why is My Senator Attending Davos?
- “The state, which will hold its primary Tuesday, saw approximately 800,000 Georgians cast an early in-person vote as of Friday, according to The Washington Post. That is three times the number of early in-person votes cast in 2018 and higher than in 2020, according to the report.” Remember “Jim Crow 2.0?” Voting In Georgia Surges After Democrats Complained About “Racist” Republican Rules
- “The Republican primaries, specifically, have garnered national attention largely because former President Donald Trump is pursuing what many have described as a ‘vendetta’ against Gov. Brian Kemp and Kemp’s allies over 2020.” (and the stank of Tank – jjs) Primary Races Tonight Foreshadow Blockbuster November in Georgia
- “Don’t get me wrong; I don’t believe for a minute that Biden won the 2020 election. I know that if my friend had voted for Trump, it wouldn’t have mattered in the blue state of New York. But people need to learn from their mistakes, and they need to realize how bad Democrats are for this country. My friend needs to worry about his family so much that he never votes donkey again. He needs to miss his grandaughter because his son can’t afford the gas to drive an hour and 15 minutes to the usual Sunday family dinner.” My Biden-Voting Friend Had “No Idea” Things Could Get This Bad. Buckle Up, Buddy, We’re Just Getting Started
- “I hate to spoil the narrative but this poll shows @potus approval rating moving up, and solid public confidence on the two biggest problems he inherited: [Chinese] COVID and jobs.” (he “inherited” those mostly from his Red Chinese overlords – jjs) “Baghdad Ron” Klain Tweets Raft of Bad Poll Reviews for Biden and Says It’s Good News
- “The data suggests that voters who twice voted to elect Trump over Democrat candidates were more likely to be undercounted in the 2020 Census than voters who backed Democrats against Trump in the last two elections.” (I’m sure it was purely an accident and totally unintentional, right? – jjs) Census Bureau Undercounted 5 Red States, Overcounted 6 Blue States
- “Nostalgia for a ‘bipartisan stewardship’ that never existed depends entirely on a Democratic Party that no longer exists.” (if it ever existed in the first place – jjs) Anyone for Bipartisanship?
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Wang Wenbin expressed discontent when asked at a regular briefing about Biden’s remarks.” (Sook Mai Wang – jjs) Biden Commits US to WWIII if China Invades Taiwan
- “Clarifying Biden’s comments on foreign policy is nothing new for [junta] officials. In March, the White House walked back three provocative statements the president made during a trip to Poland: that Russian president Vladimir Putin ‘cannot remain in power,’ that the United States would respond ‘in kind’ to Russian use of chemical weapons, and that U.S. troops would be deployed to Ukraine.” (relax; the world knows he’s a gibbering, rotten vegetable – jjs) Dire Straits: White House Walks Back Biden’s Taiwan Gaffe
- “These gaffes are alarming” Kayleigh McEnany Reacts To White House Walking Back Biden’s Taiwan Remarks
- “Biden’s remarks were not ‘soft,’ but what about the big stick?” (it’s stuck in a tweener’s training bra – jjs) Biden Rhetorically Comes to the Defense of Taiwan But Actions Speak Louder Than Words
- “As an important economy that plays a crucial role in the global supply chain, Taiwan is definitely qualified for inclusion in the IPEF,” Taiwan’s Central News Agency quoted the island democracy’s foreign ministry as saying in a release. Taiwan Regrets Exclusion From Biden’s New Indo-Pacific Economic Initiative
- “Col. Hassan Sayad Khodayari was gunned down on Sunday outside his home in broad daylight by two unknown assailants on motorcycles who shot five bullets at point-blank range from a weapon equipped with a silencer, Israeli media reported.” Yawn: Iran Vows to Avenge Killing of Islamic Revolutionary Guard Officer
- “Michelle Bachelet’s six-day visit will be the first to China by a U.N. high commissioner for human rights since 2005.” UN Human Rights Chief Begins China Visit Without Releasing Report on Uyghurs
- “PA leader Abbas renews vows to continue Pay-For-Slay.” On Naqba Day, It’s the Same Old Same Old
- Robert Spencer: “. . . You’ll never believe what happened next.” The French Imam Who Quoted the Quran
- Raymond Ibrahim: ” . . . It’s wages and benefits.” True Dialogue with Islam
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- Daniel Greenfield: “Biden [junta] wants to befriend terror group linked to World Trade Center bombing.” Biden Takes Blind Sheikh’s Terror Group Off Terror List
- “This war and the wars of the future require American-made planes and a secure supply chain, not rehashing a pointless fight that’s been over for years.” America Should Avoid the Common Trap of “Fighting the Last War”
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE, THE COURTS
- “NIH’s animal experiments have become a flashpoint in Congress after it emerged earlier this year that the government spent $2.5 million injecting beagle puppies with cocaine, sparking a bipartisan investigation.” NIH To Spend $2 Million in Taxpayer Funds on “Unnecessary” Puppy Experiments
HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE
- “It shouldn’t take a team of medical researchers to find out how much providers are charging for their services. If price transparency were the norm in the healthcare marketplace, then providers wouldn’t be able to get away with such outlandish mark-ups.”Where’s the Promised Transparency in Drug Pricing?
- “Canada’s expansion of assisted suicide raises troubling questions.” Voluntary, or Compulsory?
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “When added to past funding rounds — and including the $2.9 billion provided by NASA for turning Starship into a manned lunar lander — SpaceX will have raised approximately $12 billion total for building Starship.” SpaceX Seeking Another $1.725 Billion in Investment Capital
- “The implications of the story is that Boeing is simply not interested in finding other customers for Starliner, nor is it trying to find alternative launch vehicles to replace the Atlas-5. Instead, the company has simply calculated that there are enough Atlas-5s left to complete its obligations to NASA, and that is all it needs. Competing for additional commercial manned space flights does not interest it.” Boeing Uninterested in Finding Customers for Starliner Outside of NASA?
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “Proud American triumphs over former world No. 1.” Activist Who Renounced US Citizenship Knocked Out of French Open in First Round
- “The project’s goal is to increase representation of LGBTQ+ books and support our communities in having challenging, important and empowering conversations with children Age 5+.” (like a gay neighbor, State Harm, er, Farm is there . . . – jjs) State Farm Giving Florida Schools Transgender Books for 5-Year-Olds
HITHER & YON
- Christian Toto: “Tom Cruise anchors Hollywood’s most durable, dependable spy saga.” Is Mission: Impossible the Last Real Movie Franchise?
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.