WEEKLY GRIM MILESTONE INDICATOR:
GASOLINE: $4.619 (Last Week: $4.598, 2018: $2.74)
DIESEL: $5.613 (Last Week: $5.571, 2018: $3.00)
MEAN TWEETS: n/a (Last Week: n/a, 2018: $ !%#*%!!!)
Good morning, kids. Today is Memorial Day, and I will have a separate post in a short while devoted solely for remembrance, introspection and prayer for those who gave their lives for our freedoms, such as they are or were.
In the meantime, the beat-down goes on. While Malig-Nancy Pelosi, battling it out for the title of most horrible woman in America (she remains turkey-neck and neck with Hillary Clinton) was off at Brown University reciting her litany of horseshit accented by the occasional grand mal seizure, her husband, Big Paulie got himself pinched for drunk driving back in Napa. I assume it was near one of their vineyards. Can you blame the old bastard? If you were married to that, you’d have to be drunk off your ass just to take the edge off, even when the ball and chain is 3,000 miles away. You’d think sharing a bank account worth millions from decades of political graft and inherited Baltimore mob money would improve one’s morale, but I guess even that wears thin if you’re forced to endure waking up next to that beast. Meh, Big Paulie will get a slap on the wrist and the officers who pulled him over written up for not recognizing his royal/untouchable status.
After all, this is America, the land of the freebie and the home of the enslaved.
Meanwhile, President Sponge Brain Shits Pants actually got within 50 miles of the southern border yesterday, albeit completely unintentionally. Considering he and his handlers are hell bent on absolutely erasing our borders and national sovereignty to China and the Great Reset Co-Prosperity Sphere, it’s the last place he wanted to be. Well, at least he and Jill the Shill get to stand on the corpses of the victims and hurl invective at two thirds of the nation.
The [so-called quote-unquote “president”] is right to visit Uvalde, but there’s no reason he can’t visit the border too, even though he will most likely use his trip to grandstand about restricting Americans’ access to guns. Uvalde is about an hour from illegal immigration hotspots such as Eagle Pass and Del Rio, making them an easy stop for Biden, who hasn’t visited the border in more than a decade, next week. . .
. . . Biden’s deliberate decision to avoid the ongoing border crisis because it is politically inconvenient for him and his plummeting approval rating is not an isolated event. As Fox News White House Correspondent Peter Doocy noted to the White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre in a press briefing last week, Biden rushed to visit Buffalo, N.Y. after a deadly grocery store shooting by a white supremacist but not Waukesha, Wis. after a criminal who called for violence against white people mowed down dozens of Christmas parade performers and bystanders.
Politically inconvenient as in an absolute disaster, both politically and in real life terms. Crime, disease, societal dissolution and even terrorism are flooding up and drowning us. But let’s blame guns. And let’s blame white people with guns. Despite the fact that tragic though it is, what happened in Uvalde is essentially a statistical rarity, while black youth have been committing a Uvalde every single weekend against each other for years already in every ADI (Area of Democrat-Dominated Indifference) across the country.
There are people who get it.
“I strongly believe that the right to bear arms is an important safeguard against potential tyranny of government,” wrote Musk in the email to CNBC. “Historically, maintaining their power over the people is why those in power did not allow public ownership of guns,” he added.
“It’s far easier to slander one’s political adversaries and to demand that responsible citizens forfeit their constitutional rights than it is to examine the cultural sickness giving birth to unspeakable acts of evil,” Cruz said. “It’s far less comfortable to ask why despair and isolation and violent hatred is so prevalent in America. It requires a sick soul to drive a truck into a crowded sidewalk, to plan a bomb at a marathon, or to fly a plane into a building. It requires a sick soul to open fire in a movie theater or in a church or in a school. A speeding automobile in the hands of a madman is as deadly as is a jet airplane.”
“What we’re talking about is not insignificant. Inside this room, we’re talking about red flag laws. We’re talking about strengthening, expanding the background check system. We’re talking about safe storage, but yes, we’re also talking about mental health resources and more security dollars for schools. A package that really, in the end, could have a significant downward pressure on gun violence in this country and break the logjam.”
Yes, gentle reader. Elon Musk and Ted Cruz (at least in this instance) are outliers. Murphy might be a lying, filthy sack of shit but in this instance, he’s probably stating the emmes truth that the GOP is ready, willing and able to gut whatever is left of the Second Amendment even further. We’ll see what actually happens but even if this does blow over and no new edicts are rammed through, the silence on the real causes and perpetrators of Uvalde and every other mass shooting — as well as every other act of violence that amount to political terrorism is deafening.
It is the intentional societal, cultural rot imported to this nation nearly 100 years ago by Soviet agents, supercharged by our own homegrown Marxists that have destroyed our families, our morality and ethics, our faith and fostered dangerous mental pathologies to the extent that we have the blood and carnage of Uvalde, the human abattoirs of Planned Parenthood and Kermit Gosnell, and black youth gunning themselves into extinction.
The guilt for all of it rests at the feet of the Democrat Party and the Leftists. If nothing is done, it will ultimately consume us as well.
The End of America: 100 Days That Shook the World available here.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- Roger Kimball: “In recoiling from the fragmentation of values that characterizes modernity, MacIntyre has presented less an alternative to the depredations of liberal individualism than an escape from its challenges.” Alasdair MacIntyre’s Essential Liberalism
- Daniel Greenfield: “The issue isn’t school shootings, it’s crime.” In the BLM Year, 52% of Black Teens Who Died Were Murdered
SECOND AMENDMENT, UVALDE MASS MURDER
- “The retired agent is believed to be one of six people who had regular contact with the attacker in an extremist online chat room.” Retired Federal Agent May Have Known Of Buffalo Shooting In Advance: Report
- The source says mid-level managers from the Border Patrol were tasked to decide who will attend and feels those left out will assume their role in the event was unimportant. “It appears now as if this planned meeting was nothing more than a photo opportunity with the law enforcement community,” the source says. Many Border Patrol Agents, Cops Who Responded to Uvalde School Shooting Uninvited from Biden Event
- “The reports about Ramos’s background seem a lot more sketchy than they should.”Regarding the Uvalde Shooter, Are We Really Being Told the Truth?
- “Inside this room, we’re talking about red flag laws. We’re talking about strengthening, expanding the background check system. We’re talking about safe storage, but yes, we’re also talking about mental health resources and more security dollars for schools. A package that really, in the end, could have a significant downward pressure on gun violence in this country and break the logjam.” (outside in America, we’re talking about something else entirely, asshole – jjs) Dem Sen. Murphy: Republicans Negotiating Federal Gun Laws in a “Significant Way Right Now”
- “The lengths that they’ll go to in order to argue for gun control are amazing, including inflating — or at least confusing — school shooting statistics.” How (and Why) the Media Deliberately Inflates the Numbers on School Shootings
- They’ll conclude the department wasn’t diverse or transexual enough, and did not use proper pronouns properly. Justice Department Launches Probe of Uvalde Police’s Botched Response to School Shooting
- “Leftists want gun control and Republicans want mental health funding but it’s naïve to point to only one pivotal cause or moment when there were really several.” A Series of Critical Failures Led to the Uvalde Tragedy
* * * * *
- Boom. Nailed it. Elon Musk: “The Right to Bear Arms is an Important Safeguard Against Potential Tyranny of Government”
- “It’s far easier to slander one’s political adversaries and to demand that responsible citizens forfeit their constitutional rights than it is to examine the cultural sickness giving birth to unspeakable acts of evil.” Ted Cruz Gives Fiery Defense of Second Amendment: We’re Not Responding to Tragedy By Giving Up Rights
- “Until we are willing to address the breakdown of family and community, nothing will change, the massacres will continue.” School Shootings Aren’t Caused By Faulty Gun Laws But By the Collapse of the Family
- “These events only fuel the efforts of demagogues to use them for other sleazy political purposes.” Something About School Shootings
- “After what happened in Uvalde, why on earth would anyone give up their weapons and trust to police to do anything?” No Duty to Protect
- “Reflections on law enforcement’s failure in Uvalde.” Police Must Rush to the Sound of the Guns
CIVIL WAR 2.0: LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, CAPITOL HILL BLACK WEDNESDAY PROTEST AFTERMATH, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- “Maintaining a white supremacist institution like policing costs Black lives,” the group wrote. “This continued commitment by politicians to support our killers makes them accessories to our demise.” (Buy Large Mansions – jjs) BLM Rails Against Biden Executive Order: “Policing” is a “White Supremacist Institution” Rooted in “Slave Patrolling”
- “Patrisse Cullors admits she’s made a ‘few mistakes’ as the ugly headlines continue to mount over her scandalous spending as the disgraced former leader of Black Lives Matter.” Patrisse Cullors: Martyr to the IRS
- “. . . Indeed, the ADL admits that the majority of murders it attributes to white supremacists were non-ideological.” The ADL Murder Report That Cried “White Supremacist”
- “The focus of DEI programs is blame culture and scapegoating — they harm, rather than help, our efforts to build a culture of equal respect and dignity.” Opposing DEI (more like DIE – jjs)
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “Instead of running from the threat, she engaged with the threat and saved several lives last night.” West Virginia: Legally-Armed Woman Saves Lives By Shooting Would-be Mass Shooter
- . . . thirteen of Nassar’s victims are currently seeking a 410 million settlement each from the FBI over the agents’ mishandling of the investigation.” Justice Department Declines to Prosecute FBI Agents Who Mishandled Larry Nassar Case
- “It was not clear Sunday night whether the incident was being investigated as a hate crime against an Asian New Yorker — a persistent problem since the onset of the pandemic, which some politicians labeled the ‘China Virus.’ Some claimed the attack was a case of vigilante justice. Cops said they are looking into the video.” (not that it in any way excuses violence against innocent Asians, but it was a Chinese Virus, asshole editors of the NY Post Video Shows Men Holding Down, Beating Asian Man in NYC Subway Station
THE ECONOMY, STUPID, & THE DEMOCRAT WAR ON OIL,
- “The Democrats’ War on Oil comes home.” America’s Economic “Bad Luck” Began with Keystone
- “[So-called quote-unquote “president”] Joe Biden has raided the Strategic Petroleum Reserve three times, but the actions have had minimal impact on oil and gasoline prices, data showed.” Every Time Biden Drained Strategic Oil Reserves, Prices Ended Up Higher. Here’s the Proof
- “Rolling back the tariffs on China would undermine the U.S. position in negotiations, expose many U.S. companies and workers to a sudden flood of imports, and signal to China that waiting out the United States is preferable to changing their non-market behavior or complying with the Phase One Agreement,” the Senators wrote. Both Senate Republicans AND Democrats Rebuke Joe Biden, Janet Yellen: “Tariffs Are Not a Driver of Today’s Inflation”
- “Rampant inflation dooms the incumbent, vindicates right-wing economic theories, and sets back the post-war liberal welfare project a generation. Those are not the words of a Wall Street Journal editorial, but of Joe Biden. They came during an interview in 1987, at the early stages of Biden’s first presidential run.” How Biden Stopped Worrying and Learned To Love Inflation
- “FDA chief Robert Califf admits his agency’s bureaucrats were ‘too slow’ to act.” Out-of-Stock Rates Surge to 70% for Baby Formula
- “Not only does the action stretch the definition of ‘defense’ way beyond breaking point, it does nothing to fix the underlying problem.” Militarizing the Baby Formula Crisis is Infantile
- “So what solution did they come up with? Lean into high prices. This is Putin’s doing, yes, but it is also part of the glorious green energy transition which will leave us all better off! That is to say: Don’t worry, this was all part of the plan. It’s a desperate move and it isn’t going to help them in November. All Part of the Plan
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- Motion filed in trial court today: “If Defendants wanted to stay execution of the mandate of the Ninth District Court of Appeals, they were required to seek that stay in the Ohio Supreme Court. They did not. Plaintiffs are entitled to judgment on the surety bond ….”Oops – Gibson’s Bakery Seeks To Execute On $36 Million Appeal Bond Since Oberlin College Failed To Obtain Stay Of Appeals Court Mandate
- “The one-time Fox News journalist exposes how the left wraps hardcore censorship in the loving mantle of public safety.” Carl Cameron Embodies the Leftist Drive to Censorship
- “This list could be far longer: there’s no shortage of targets. But make no mistake. Government officials and media mandarins are all too willing to brandish ‘expert’ status as they’re selling you a load of bull.” The Shameful Six: Never Listen to These People Again
- “It’s like something out of a mob movie, except in this movie, the mob is the State.” The Mafia Tactic That Brought Down CNN
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “Biden’s deliberate decision to avoid the ongoing border crisis because it is politically inconvenient for him is not an isolated event.” Biden’s Uvalde Visit Will Be the Closest He’s Been to the Border Since Assuming Office
- Daniel Greenfield: “The latest ISIS refugee terror plot shows why we need a travel ban right now.” Bush Opposed “Muslim Ban”: The One That Would Have Stopped a Terror Plot Against Him
AMERICA, AND THE WORLD, IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “Joe Biden’s decision to reenter the WHO on his first day in office perfectly represents his America last agenda. Taxpayers should not be forced to fund a destructive and anti-American organization. The WHO must answer for lying about [Chinese] COVID and the lab leak theory, kowtowing to the Chinese Communist Party, and its role in promoting destructive global lockdowns’” House Republicans Call on Biden to Withdraw from World Health Organization
- “The same medical establishment that denied the existence of effective treatments for [Chinese] COVID in their push for vaccines, now works against those injured by them. But there is hope.” Hope for the Vaccine Injured
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “Inflation is putting many things on hold.” Wind and Solar Will Have to Wait
- “The environmental organizations have full veto power on all energy projects through the legal system.” Why Does Boston Buy Natural Gas From Russia?
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “Wisconsin schools are already infused with leftist, Marxist, racist, and queer indocutrination. A better more productive response would be for Darlingh to open up her own small single-room school, offering parents an option to the corrupt public schools. She would likely make almost as much money, while being her own boss.” Today’s Blacklisted American: Teacher Threatened With Loss of License for Expressing an Opinion
- “Some key reforms could restore accountability in higher education, making colleges affordable and focused on actually educating students.” Can America’s Colleges and Universities Be Saved?
- “She babbles about the ‘Gospel of Matthew’ while accusing the Church of playing politics.”Malig-Nancy Pelosi’s Lame Response to Archbishop Cordileone
- “Why Janet Yellen has so much in common with Margaret Sanger.” Abortion and the Progressive Agenda
- “We’ve created a culture of death, and now we have to live with it.” A Culture That Celebrates Dismembering Children in the Womb Can’t Understand Why It’s Afflicted With Mass Shootings
- “Get this one right, and the whole issue is solved.” The Only Relevant Question About Abortion
THE 2020 ELECTION HEIST AND AFTERMATH
- “Filed by the Thomas More Society on behalf of voters against Green Bay, Kenosha, Madison, Milwaukee, and Racine, the legal complaints allege that city officials ignored state law by implementing unmanned drop boxes over the course of the 2020 cycle.” Wisconsin Voters Sue Democrat Cities Over Illegal Drop Boxes In 2020 Election
SHAMPEACHMENT 1.0, 2016 CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- “Margot Cleveland: “The evidence prosecutors elicited from witnesses over the last two weeks provides overwhelming proof of Sussmann’s guilt.” Why The Jury Should Convict Michael Sussmann of Lying to the FBI, But Probably Won’t
BIDEN CRIME FAMILY REVELATIONS
- Miranda Devine: “. . . Hunter’s team is attempting to sow confusion about how the laptop became public, by denying that he abandoned his laptop in John Paul Mac Isaac’s Delaware repair shop on April 12, 2019, and claiming his private information was somehow stolen, ‘hacked’ or ‘cloned.’” Tangled Web: New Bid to Spin Hunter Biden’s Laptop
DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- The exact details of the arrest have yet to be released, as well as the mugshot of the person arrested, a “Paul Pelosi.” However, as TMZ also reported, the description of the 82-year-old aligns with his publicly known description, particularly his birthday — April 15, 1940. Malig-Nancy Pelosi’s Husband Paul Pelosi Arrested for DUI in Napa Valley
- “Generation Investment Management, which Gore formed in 2004, has stakes in Tencent, Anta, and Alibaba . . . Tencent, a tech conglomerate, routinely censors the internet at the behest of the Chinese Communist Party and has surveilled foreign users of its WeChat messaging app. Anta, a sports apparel company, has faced accusations of using cotton sourced from labor camps in Xinjiang. Alibaba, which operates China’s equivalent to Google, has links to the People’s Liberation Army.” Inconvenient Truth: Al Gore’s ‘Woke’ Firm Invests in Chinese Slave Labor
- Robert Spencer: “The part of the speech that got the most attention was when Joe whispered, ‘I’m your commander-in-chief.’ And yeah, that is the scariest part.” Confused Old Man Shouts at Navy Grads That Putin Wants to “Findalize” Europe
- “Endless, nonsensical, bloody, horrible wars.” Trump Targets Liz-ard Cheney at Wyoming Rally
- “The Cook Political Report expects Republicans to pick up ‘between 20 and 35 seats,’ Wasserman wrote, enough for the GOP to retake the House.” Dems Keep Hoping Their Midterm Chances Are Getting Better. Election Forecasters Say They’re Wrong.
- “The Keystone State’s unresolved primary was a test of populism vs. moderation.” Down with the Status Quo in Pennsylvania
- “The Democrat Party’s goal of cementing a permanent majority through demographic change and immigration policy is a case study of what happens when assumptions about the seriousness of the relationship are taken too far. ” Uneasy Bedfellows
- “The California GOP remains committed to its decline.” Permanent Irrelevance
- “Georgians focused on the future and the GOP candidates who could ensure a better Georgia going forward. Those candidates, whether at the state or congressional level, are the ones in office now.” Georgia’s Primary Demonstrates How Incumbency Mattered to Voters
- “They are not authentic nor do they reflect reality.” Beware of Fake Polls and Paid Endorsements
THE UKRAINIAN “FRONT”
- Victor Davis Hanson: “We are on new ground, in which a nonnuclear Western ally—understandably but dangerously—may now seek to destroy a nuclear Russia’s assets on Russian soil or in neutral or even Russian seas.” What Now, Ukraine?
- “. . . some see it as just another provocation against Russia that may make it harder to negotiate a peace.” U.S. Prepares to Send Long-Range Rocket Systems to Ukraine
- Mollie Hemingway: “Voters across the political spectrum are souring on the Biden-McConnell foreign policy approach toward Ukraine.” Mitch McConnell’s Media Tour to Brag About Defeating GOP Opponents of Biden’s Foreign Policy Was Remarkably Ill-Advised
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “The mullahs in Tehran are now only weeks away from producing weapons grade uranium as Iran’s proxies menace our Middle Eastern allies.” On Iran, Biden’s Minimum Pressure Campaign Comes Home To Roost
- Robert Spencer: “Treasonous actions by the minion of the first post-American [so-called quote-unquote] president.” Revealed: New Info on Kerry’s Efforts to Undermine Trump’s Iran Policy
- “Their decision to do so was the latest illustration of gridlock in the world body’s most powerful organ, as Moscow and Beijing work together to counter U.S.-led efforts to enforce international norms, including through the use of sanctions.” Russia and China Veto Resolution Responding to North Korean Missile Launches; First Time in 15 Years
- Israel’s Ynet News: “[S]everal marchers were attacked and injured by Palestinians in several locations around the Old City in the clashes that preceded the rally.” Jerusalem Day: 50,000 Flag-Waving Israelis March Through the Old City, Defying Hamas Terror Threats
- “After repressive rule often comes an opportunity for change. But it’s temporary, and democracies have missed it before.” What Will Happen to China After Xi’s Second Term?
- “With rumors swirling about China invading Taiwan, it’s worth thinking about the CCP’s strengths and weaknesses.” The Practical Realities If China Invades Taiwan
- Raymond Ibrahim: “After centuries of brutal warfare, by 1492, the last Muslim-held territory in Spain, Granada, was liberated. And it all came to pass thanks to Pelayo’s Asturian mustard seed, planted nearly eight hundred years earlier at the battle of Covadonga.”Today in History: A Christian “Mustard Seed” Liberates Spain From Islam
- Raymond Ibrahim Part Deux: “Coming from the developers of ‘Combat Islamophobia Day.’”European Parliament: Don’t Mention Christian Persecution
- “Even as socialism seems ascendant in America, we commit a grave error if we ignore Islam’s 1,400 years (and counting) of brutal conquest and subjugation.” (there is no “radical” Islam; only Islam – jjs) A Compelling Book Warns of the Dangers of Radical Islam
- “An infamous Imam unveils the face of Islam.” Why a Slain Palestinian Journalist is Not a Martyr
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “REVIEW: Paul Kennedy’s Victory at Sea.” How We Achieved Naval Supremacy—And How We Could Lose It
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE, THE COURTS
- “More than any time in our history, the various factors currently impacting our operation — weather and air traffic control, vendor staffing, increased [Chinese] COVID case rates contributing to higher-than-planned unscheduled absences in some work groups — are resulting in an operation that isn’t consistently up to the standards Delta has set for the industry in recent years,” Allison Ausband, the airline’s customer experience officer, said in a press release. Hundreds of Flight Cancellations Ruin Memorial Day Weekend for US Travelers
- “Many forecasters believe the number of travelers will match or even exceed levels in the good-old, pre-pandemic days,” writes the AP’s David Koenig. “However, airlines have thousands fewer employees than they did in 2019, and that has at times contributed to widespread flight cancellations.” Biden-Era Problems Are Already Plaguing the Busiest Travel Season Since 2019
- John Stossel: “Planning to fly this summer? Good luck.” Government Delays Flights
- Abolish the SBA. Problem solved. Small Business Administration Had No Plan To Stop Billions of Dollars in Loan Fraud, Report Finds
- “We shouldn’t worry about the big cities. Rich people will always want to live in the cultural and commercial hubs. And the poor will live in cities where the welfare benefits are most generous. But the middle class has already decided to find someplace else to live and work. And that spells trouble for the future of these metropolises.” The Real “Great Replacement” Theory
HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE
- “America’s mental health decline coincides almost perfectly with the invention of smartphones and the popularization of social media. The number of mass shootings, especially those conducted by young males, also ticks up in the same time period.” (I pin it with the free-love/women’s lib movement and societal dissolution of the 60s, but this for sure didn’t help – jjs) The Collapse of Teen Mental Health — And Deadly Mass Shootings — Can Be Traced to One Single Trend
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “On Monday night into Tuesday morning, the Earth may cross paths with the remnants of comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann (SW3), a defunct comet that broke apart in 1995,” Accuweather meteorologist Brian Lada explained. “After SW3 splintered into countless pieces nearly three decades ago, debris from the breakup could intersect the Earth at the end of Memorial Day weekend. If this comes to fruition, it could spark a brief but intense meteor shower over North America.” (Triffids, anyone? – jjs) Rare Meteor Storm Could Strike Over Holiday Weekend, Astronomers Say
- “Capitalism in space: Stratolaunch [Thursday] released the first pictures of its first Talon-A test vehicle, dubbed TA-0, to be used to test in-flight the pylon on the company’s giant Roc airplane that the Talon-A will be attached to.” Stratolaunch Unveils First Talon-A Test Vehicle
- “The plan right now is to get that next manned flight off by the end of the year, though it could slip into ’23 should it become difficult to pin down and fix the thruster issues.” NASA Blesses Starliner as Ready for Manned Missions
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “I would never not stand up!” Baseball Legend Tony La Russa Scorches San Fran’s Kapler Over National Anthem Protest
- The cafe’s founder looks exactly like you’d expect him to look. Gabriel Sims-Fewer set up shop in Toronto “after leaving Vancouver due to its unwelcoming sense of classism.” He envisions his for-profit enterprise as one that is impervious to “the inherently oppressive parts that small businesses absorb from their capitalist surroundings.” The bathroom code, 1312, is a numerical rendering of the acronym ACAB, meaning “All Cops Are Bastards.” Anti-Capitalist Coffee Shop Sells “People Over Profit” Shirts — For Profit
- “The 1.2 billion consumers of American pop culture in China may not be allowed to see the film because of its unabashedly pro-American messaging. Paramount Pictures may have also upset the Chinese by adding back Japanese and Taiwanese flags to Cruise’s leather flight jacket after the Chinese backer of the film, Tencent, demanded they be removed in 2019.”Pro-American Top Gun Sequel Riles Chinese Communists
- “In recent weeks, companies as diverse as Netflix, Old Navy and Warner Bros. Discovery, parent of CNN among others, have all backed off woke politics. Others are doing the same.”“Woke” U.S. Companies Relearn An Old Lesson: Profits Before Politics
- “The tale of two companies, Disney and Netflix, may provide some insight.” Is Woke Corporatism Peaking?
- Christian Toto: “Streaming chief gave, and gave, to same liberals now waging war on him.” Is Netflix CEO Ted Sarandos Getting Red-Pilled in Real Time?
- “America’s founders did not avoid ‘being political.’” Church of Cowards?
- “Reject the oikophobic temptation.” Don’t Hate Yourself
- “Within the pages of the Guardian, I habitually encounter a species of human being bearing no resemblance to those of my working-class roots.” Sandal Wearers and Sex Maniacs
HITHER & YON
- “With drummer and fellow Arkansan Levon Helm, Hawkins put together a Canadian backing group that included guitarist-songwriter Robbie Robertson, keyboardists Garth Hudson and Richard Manuel and bassist Rick Danko. They became the Hawks, educated in the Hawkins school of rock.” Ronnie Hawkins, Rockabilly Star and Mentor of “The Band,” Dead at 87
- “There can be no authentic political science or genuine understanding of human beings and society, without a willingness to give the proper conjugation of greatness, courage, and moderation its due.” Churchill, Political Judgment, and the “Courage to See”
FINALLY . . .
- “The unfathomable cost of lives lost deserves our contemplation before those who wish to “fundamentally transform” America desecrate the sacred ideals so many died to defend.” I Wish Our Government Understood Memorial Day
- “There are things worth fighting and dying for. A country founded on decent principles—something that no other country shares—is one such cause.” Reflections on Memorial Day 2022
- “. . . And there are things worse than war.” Memorial Day 2022: War Will Always Be With Us
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.