Good morning, kids. Tuesday and on the one hand, we have two stories in the Health section regarding a couple of seemingly, tantalizingly, miracle cancer drugs. On the other hand, given the state of our nation and the world, I ask myself if I really want to live long enough to see where the hell we’re headed? Even if the world doesn’t go out in a blaze Chi-Com mushroom clouds or the rusty hacksaws of Religion of Peace Inc.’s head-choppers and clit-clippers, they’ll give me 10 extra years but I’ll run out of money after two, at the current rate of stagflation.
Despite the impending decision that trashes Roe coming perhaps by the end of this week, and the CDC (Center for Democrat Control) now calling for all of us to mask up (déjà vu) because of monkey pox, a disease primarily spread by unprotected homosexual sex (déjà vu vu), even staunch propaganda organ CNN is openly declaring the Dems are going to get wiped out this coming November.
I suppose it plays off as a counterpoint to my observations about the cancer treatments, but perhaps America needed to be brought to the brink in order for people to finally wake up and understand that what’s going on is fundamentally not right. Even someone like Cardi B, who isn’t exactly a Mensa candidate defended Tucker Carlson a few months ago and yesterday came out and demanded Biden (whom she campaigned for) admit the economy is in the shitter. And then there are folks like Glenn Greenwald, Matt Taibbi and even to a certain extent Bill Maher getting on the right side of at least one issue, and it is perhaps the central pillar of our nation and society: freedom of expression.
Are any or all of them going to suddenly transform into Constitutional conservatives? Well, considering we are for sure in a post-constitutional nation that question becomes moot. Maybe that’s a good thing because it liberates us from being shackled to words like “liberal” and “conservative” and could lead us to the common ground found in the word “sanity.” That roundabout spiel brings us to someone whose bona fides as liberal and even leftist are well known; Naomi Wolf. More and more, she is sounding about as sane as you can get, regardless of your political pedigree.
I wrote this essay some weeks ago, but I kept waiting to publish it til tragic mass shootings were no longer in the news. But that day looks as if it will never come, so I am publishing it anyway, with grief and mourning for those lost to gun violence, as we must nonetheless have this difficult conversation.
The last thing keeping us free in America, as the lights go off all over Europe- and Australia, and Canada – is, yes, we must face this fact, the Second Amendment.
I can’t believe I am writing those words. But here we are and I stand by them. . .
. . . Why do I raise this all of this?
In part because — I have evolved my view about firearms, and I understand that doing so is in fact in alignment with the Constitution. And the thing about really supporting the Constitution is that you do not get to pick and choose. I can’t choose my favorite Amendment, the easy one, the First Amendment, and then shy away from the glass-clear directive of the Second Amendment, simply as a result of my own cultural discomfort. You have to stand up for it all, if you are to call yourself a supporter of the Constitution. . .
. . . I am also re-examining my reflexes about the Second Amendment because I believe that we are at a moment that our Founders, in their nearly-Prophetic wisdom, knew might come to pass. We are at the kind of moment for which the Second Amendment may have been written in just the clear, unequivocal way that it was.
You know that I see tyranny descending all around the formerly free nations of the world. I say these days that the coup in America has already taken place — a stealthy, sneaky coup, mounted without a shot being fired.
[So-called quote-unquote “president”] Biden extended Emergency Powers in February 2022 due to [Chinese] COVID. A few days ago, he extended emergency powers again — I didn’t see this massive news covered anywhere — but this time, bizarrely, with [Chinese] COVID in retreat, he extended emergency powers due to the challenges posed by the stabilization of Iraq.
At which we must ask: who writes his material? But under emergency law we remain.
States around the country, such as New York State, where I write, are still under continually-renewed emergency laws. New York’s Governor Kathy Hochul extends emergency law month after month. . .
. . . The democratic protections of the formerly free nations of the world — Canada, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand — have been shut down with the ease of someone switching off a light, and with almost no resistance from citizens. Yes, there have been protests, and there have been petitions, and innumerable complaints online; and a few brave legislators have spoken up, if only to echoing chambers.
But the fact remains that when the unidentifiable police or mercenary forces, as in Canada, are violent, and the protesters have nothing but the moral high ground with which to deter their violence, then even the bravest of resistances is fleeting. . .
. . . You can hate guns. I have hated guns most of my life. I hate violence. I hate gun violence. I hate the slaughter of innocents. I am a peaceful person.
But it is becoming obvious even to us pacifists, vegans, and tree huggers, that formerly free people who are unarmed are defenseless against the criminal tyrannies exerting massive violence and control upon them.
And it is becoming obvious that similar tyrannical moves against the people of the United States have been thwarted in advance or deterred – and only state by state — pretty much only because the people of the United States have the right to own and carry weapons, and because many do so.
Read the whole thing and bookmark it, because IMHO it is probably one of the most important essays to come along since Angelo Codevilla’s that identified the ruling class, and it is delivered by someone who as even she herself admits is the last person you would ever expect to give both a full-throated defense of the Constitution in its entirety and as a clarion call and warning about the clear existential threat to our freedom that we are now facing.
Friend and friend of the blog Michael Walsh has bemoaned the fact that we constantly step on our dicks in picking who our allies are. We dismiss Naomi Wolf, and indeed Maher, Greenwald, Taibbi and even someone like Cardi B or Kanye West to our detriment. We’ll never agree with them on some particular things, or even the vast majority of issues, but when the chips are down, and brother they are down right now, the more voices we have with us in the trenches the greater our chances of living through this madness.
Bravo Dr. Wolf.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- Naomi Wolf: “Can we really have peace and freedom without guns?” Rethinking the Second Amendment
- “A miserable future? It’s happening. Covid diktats, soaring energy prices, power rationing, ESG, CRT, DEI; throw in rainbow flags, transgenderism, puberty blockers, regularising drug use, etc. Foretastes one and all. Willkommen, Bienvenue, Welcome.” Into ze Future mitStakeholder Capitalism
- “This is the fight for freedom we Americans never dreamed we would have to fight.”Stopping “Quarantine Camps” in New York State
- “Delivering the same woke snake oil in a new bottle.” The Progressive Left’s Latest Shining Star
- “The Democrats – I don’t know if they’re just in willful ignorance of what happens in this country or they’re being deceptive today, but I would like to introduce into the record a list of cases where concealed handgun permit holders have likely stopped mass public shootings. This is from crimeresearch.org, and it’s published May 27th, 2022,” Massie said. Rep. “Benito” Cicilline-i: “I Don’t Think There Is a Single Incident” of Someone Using an Assault Weapon Being Stopped by Someone with a Gun; Rep. Tom Massie Names 11
- “Seizing the rifles of law abiding American citizens won’t stop criminals intent upon murdering others anymore than locking healthy Americans in their homes slowed the spread of [Chinese] COVID.” How the Democrats Are Using the Chinese COVID Playbook to Seize Our Second Amendment Rights
- “The Democrat Party, fronted by a rasping demagogue, now seeks to revive its fortunes by attacking the Second Amendment.” A Demagogue Lashes Out
- “The more the left encourages crime and social disintegration, the more the rest of us must prepare to defend ourselves and our families.” Scared About Gun Violence? Vote Republican, Get a Gun, and Prepare for Self-Defense
- “While exploiting tragedy to pass their gun ban agenda, they have completely turned their backs on New Yorkers. They have left thriving cities to decay. Even more incredible, there is not one, single school safety bill in the mix. That is disgraceful!” the National Rifle Association said in a statement last week ahead of Hochul signing the package of gun laws.New York Governor Kathy Hochul Signs Law Raising Age To Buy Semiautomatic Rifles To 21
- “It is time we stop being bogged down in the same old false dichotomy.” When It Comes To School Shootings, It’s Time To Go Past The False Dichotomy
- David Harsanyi: “One of most inane acts of virtue-signaling and cowardice in American politics is to promise to ‘stand up to the NRA’ and ‘gun lobby.’” Democrats Go After the “Gun Lobby” Because Calling Gun Owners “Terrorists” Won’t Win Elections
CIVIL WAR 2.0: LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, CAPITOL HILL BLACK WEDNESDAY PROTEST AFTERMATH, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- Steven “Carrillo agreed that his killing of Officer Underwood was first degree murder as defined by the federal statute at 18 U.S.C. § 1111.” BLM/Antifa Thug Sentenced to 41 Years in 2020 Murder of Federal Officer Patrick Underwood
- “Biden DOJ asks judge to go easy on Ivy League firebombers.” How the Left Learned To Stop Worrying and Love Domestic Terrorism
- Julie Kelly: “A sham congressional committee working with a corrupt Justice Department boosted by a dishonest national media can only be expected to create political propaganda.”What the January 6 Committee Hearings Won’t Cover
- “If an Inner Party chappie gets a free ride, and the Outer Party chappie gets leg irons, what is the fate of the Proles in Biden’s America?” The Week of Sussmann and Navarro
- “What do you do when your every institution has been weaponized against you? What do you do when there is a two-tier, no-justice system?” Michael Sussmann Free And Peter Navarro In Shackles Epitomize America’s Two-Tier Justice
- “Small told The Federalist she received the mailer at her Florida address on May 21, calling the letter ‘unsavory at best.’” Grifting Slag Liz-ard Cheney Tries to Extract Campaign Cash From J6 Witness Subpoenaed By Her Committee
- Rabbi Dov Fischer: “Where is the will in our land to challenge and resist tyranny’s encroachments?” To Purgatory With Black Lives Matter and With Critical Race Theory
- “Goldston is expected to be involved in all of the hearings held this month but will particularly be working on the televised primetime hearing Thursday, Fox News congressional reporter Chad Pergram reported. He reportedly joined the committee as an adviser, according to Axios.” (literally a “show” trial – jjs) Former ABC News President Who Quashed the Epstein Story to “Produce” Democrats’ Jan 6 Hearings
THE ECONOMY, STUPID, & THE DEMOCRAT WAR ON OIL,
- “The nationwide average price for gas jumped yet again on Monday, breaking another record of $4.865 per gallon. That reflects a nearly $0.25 cent jump in the last week, a nearly $0.59 rise in the last month, and a $1.81 rise in the last year.” California County Sees Average Gas Price Soar Above $7 per Gallon
- “They’re beyond furious — it’s called desperation,” Representative Lou Correa, a Democrat from Santa Ana, said. “I don’t hear anything about the other national issues we’re focusing on in Washington. The thing I hear about is gasoline. What are you going to do to bring down the gas prices?” Californians Struggle Under High Gas Prices Ahead Of Primaries
- Robert Spencer: “Maybe if we tilt our heads and squint.” Biden: The Economy Isn’t Bad, You Just Can’t See How Good It Is
- David Harsanyi: “From top to bottom, the [junta] is as wrong as any could be.” Yes, Biden Deserves Blame for Inflation
- “[So-called quote-unquote “president”] Joe Biden’s 2020 campaign promise of universal free preschool would cost the nation more than $350 billion in 10 years, a June study from University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School showed. The move could prove to be inflationary as well, with the Wharton School study concluding it would raise government debt by 2.4 percent in 2053 relative to baseline.” Biden’s Push for Universal Preschool Could Hike Inflation, Study Shows
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “Detectives found a ‘selfie’ that Birkley allegedly took in the basement of the home on Jan. 20, hours after the murders took place, in which Birkley is wearing sunglasses that belonged to one of the victims.” (perp’s melanin content indicates this one goes down the memory hole – jjs) Milwaukee Man Charged With Murdering Six in Botched Robbery
- “Boudin’s proponents [opponents?] claim that his progressive policies, including catch-and-release, bail reform, defunding the police, and not trying children as adults, have resulted in an increase in theft and violence in the liberal city.” Leftist San Fran Prosecutor and “Defund The Police” Advocate May Be Taken Out in Recall
- “A drag queen, a communist, and a domestic terrorist rally support for San Francisco’s radical DA as recall looms.” What I Saw on the Frontlines of Chesa Boudin’s Last-Ditch Effort To Save His Job
- “Soros is using that campaign money and the hundreds of millions more for supporting organizations to quietly transform the criminal justice system for the worse, promoting dangerous policies and anti-police narratives to advance his radical agenda.” Nazi Collaborator George Soros Invested $40 Million to Help Elect Dozens of Progressive Prosecutors Across the U.S.: Study
- “Amid surging homelessness and homicide, the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors targets Sheriff Alex Villanueva with ‘reforms’ that would reduce his workforce.” L.A. Power Play
- “Seattle is refunding roughly 100,000 parking tickets worth approximately $5 million total after transferring parking enforcement duties from police to civilian parking enforcement officers in the fall of 2021, finding that the civilian officers lacked the legal authority to write the tickets, according to The Seattle Times.” Seattle Implodes After Defunding the Police
- “Bystanders helped pick the woman up from the track and onto the platform, an MTA spokesperson said. No train was approaching when she was tossed onto the tracks.” Video Shows Man Toss Random Woman Onto Bronx Subway Tracks
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- Musk also believes Twitter “is actively and thwarting his information rights.” Elon Musk Threatens to Terminate Twitter Deal if Company Isn’t Honest About Fake Accounts
- “Texans rely on Twitter’s public statements that nearly all its users are real people. It matters not only for regular Twitter users, but also Texas businesses and advertisers who use Twitter for their livelihoods,” Paxton said. “If Twitter is misrepresenting how many accounts are fake to drive up their revenue, I have a duty to protect Texans.” Texas Opens Investigation Into Twitter Over Bot Accounts as Musk Battles With Company
- “They’re becoming panic-stricken as they realize that people have tired of what they have to say and are turning to alternative media sources.” Be Aware of Major Attacks on Free Speech From Democrats
- “Why has trust in major news outlets declined steadily since March of 2021?” Americans Pretty Much Disgusted With the Big Media: I&I/TIPP Poll
- “The Washington Post is doubling down on its lie-ridden articles and supporting problematic staff like disgraced doxxer Taylor Lorenz.” Democracy Dies at the Hands of Taylor Lorenz and Every Other Bad Hire at The Washington Post
- “What’s ostensibly an homage to the oldest serving senator in Congress turns her into the wicked, slightly senile witch of D.C.” New York Magazine’s Pointedly Grotesque Picture of Dianne Feinstein
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- Can you say réconquista? Mexican President Calls for American Superstate, Open Borders
- One of the migrants informed FOX News that President Joe Biden “promised the Haitian community he will help them.” One of the Largest Migrant Caravans Ever Walking to the U.S. Border With Demands for Entry
- “Border States Need To Override Biden And Secure Their Own Borders.” Border States Need To Override Biden And Secure Their Own Borders
- “The illegal immigrant, Jose Inez Garcia-Zarate, was found guilty of illegal possession of a firearm. That charge carried a maximum 10-year sentence and three years of supervised release. He will be sent to Texas for another hearing with a federal judge in the Texas Western District Court to address a prior case concerning his illegal status.” (he should be taken out to a public square and shot – jjs) Illegal Immigrant Gets Time Served for 2015 Killing of Kate Steinle
LOCKDOWN 2: MONKEY POX MONKEY BUSINESS BOOGALOO???
- But no ban on anal sex between men, which is how this is primarily transmitted, right? Here We Go Again: Biden’s CDC Recommends Masks For Monkeypox
AMERICA, AND THE WORLD, IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “Yet another dubious fact check, but this one is even weirder than the last.” Politif*cked: An Office Manager From Florida and a Gates-Funded Professor Are Censoring Studies Linking Mask Usage to Increased Deaths
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “Invoking the Defense Production Act is an abuse of power.” Biden Invokes Defense Production Act for Solar Panel Production, Waives Tariffs
- Deroy Murdock: “Forget talk of World War III. His real war is the War on Oil.” Brandon Strikes Again! Gas Prices Double on Sleepy Joe’s Watch
- “India’s vast network of wind farms is little more than an expensive artifact that supports ‘green’ pretentious and moral posturing while draining taxpayers to finance its installation and operational subsidies.” Indian Coal Makes Electricity as Wind Farms Sit Idle
- “Ultra-leftist law professor argues the U.S. should compensate Third World countries for being economic losers. . . If hating America and capitalism qualify someone for government service, then Biden administration EPA nominee Carlton Waterhouse should be confirmed immediately.” Biden EPA Nominee Demands U.S. Pay “Climate Reparations” (what if we threw him into Kilauea to “pay back” Mother Earth? – jjs)
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “What the district has really recognized is that if it continued to fight, it would lose badly, while also exposing to the greater public that queer sexual agenda.” Victory Against Blacklisting: School Drops Attempt to Punish Children for Using Wrong Pronouns
- “There is a very clear reason school administrators are implementing these changes, and it has everything to do with race.” Facebook Factcheckers Are Wrong: An Illinois School Is Changing Grading Based On Race
- “The Dissident Project launched Monday with speakers set to ‘travel to high schools across the U.S. to speak to students about authoritarian socialism’ at no cost to the schools, Dissident Project founder and Venezuelan-born economist Daniel Di Martino told the Daily Caller.” Immigrants Travel To Schools With Warning: Socialism Is Deadly
- “Dean William Treanor cleared me on the technicality that I wasn’t an employee when I tweeted, but the [DEI Office] implicitly repealed Georgetown’s Speech and Expression Policy and set me up for discipline the next time I transgress progressive orthodoxy. Instead of participating in that slow-motion firing, I’m resigning.” Ilya Shapiro Resigns From Georgetown Law, Blames Dean William Treanor For Embracing Anti-Free Expression “Hostile Work Environment”
- “The smartest ones in our society are some of the most frightened, too.” Why Is Princeton Silent?(the orange and black is the new black – jjs)
- “Please make Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, with her designer clothes and leased Tesla, the poster child for this blatant bid to stem the Democrats’ bleeding in the midterms. It could be a move that makes Gen Z eye Democrats with the same skepticism with which many of them view a college degree.” Why Joe Biden’s Student Loan Relief Could Backfire With Financially Savvy Gen Z
- “Just as the British left a broken EU and Blacks have left a destructive Democrat party, disgusted parents are deciding to have their children exit public schools.” Brexit, Blexit and, Now, Chexit
SHAMPEACHMENT 1.0, 2016 CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- Margot Cleveland: “While we have learned much from the Sussmann prosecution, we still don’t know whether Durham intends to hold the Crossfire Hurricane team responsible.”(one thing we had confirmed; the system is completely rigged to protect the junta – jjs) 9 Big Things We Learned From the Michael Sussmann Prosecution
- “John D. O’Connor, an attorney who represented Deep Throat of Watergate fame, analyzes the maneuvers of Michael Sussmann’s lawyers.” Deep Throat’s Lawyer Takes on the Chicanery Behind the Sussmann Verdict
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “Iliff School of Theology epitomizes the West’s spiral into relativism.” Paganism Casts Its Spell Over Methodist Seminary
DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- “Yet another Obama/Biden official is stumping for the most oppressive regime in the world.” COMPROMISED: MSNBC Guest and Ex-Obama Advisor Calling for an End to Trump’s China Tariffs Actually Headlined a Chinese Communist Party Event
- “The union should not be run as the personal fiefdom of union bosses who do everything they can to insulate themselves from accountability.” DC Employee Says Union Official Assaulted Him for Opposing Labor Leadership
- “Complete fucking chaos.” Establishment Media Lukewarm on Biden’s Potential Second Term
- “Biden is a serious drag on Democratic candidates nationwide” ABC Poll: Biden “Badly Under Water on All of the Top Issues”
- “Americans are ‘deeply pessimistic’ about the economy, political divide, and the American dream.” Poll: Under Joe Biden, Americans Are Losing Hope
- “At the end of May, the Census Bureau admitted that it miscounted 14 states in the 2020 Census. . . Well, gee, isn’t that interesting. Does it seem like a mere bizarre coincidence that the overcounted states all voted for Biden in 2020, and five of the six undercounted states for Trump in 2020?” There Was a Huge ‘Mistake’ in the 2020 Census — Guess Which Party It Favored?
- Anchor Jake Tapper said, “If you’re a Republican running for re-election or trying to unseat a Democrat, things are looking pretty good, right?” CNN’s Enten: Polling Shows GOP Will Take Huge House Majority –Best Position in over 80 Years
- “Can Rick Caruso convince enough voters that their troubled city can recapture its role as an incubator of the American dream?” The Battle for L.A.
- “In the upcoming no-holds-barred war for the soul and future of America, it is time for the mantle to be passed on to others he has effectively mentored and who have shown a resolute willingness to follow in his footsteps.” Why Donald Trump Should Not Run for President in 2024
THE UKRAINIAN “FRONT”
- “President Vladimir Putin said that if the West delivers long-range missiles to Ukraine, Russia would retaliate by striking facilities that it has refraining from attacking up to now.”Russians Renew Missile Attacks on Kyiv, Reportedly From 1,000 Miles Away
- “Reports of Putin’s health problems should not lead the West to lower its guard. He may prove even more unstable and dangerous, not to mention the danger posed by his cold-blooded inner circle.” Will Ukraine Survive Putin?
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “A population at a breaking point.” (1977: Carter rescues the Shah. 2022: Biden rescues Khamenei? – jjs) Iranian Protesters Shout “Death to Khamenei”
- “A Chinese J-16 fighter jet purportedly released flares and ‘cut across the nose’ of an Australian P-8 maritime surveillance aircraft while it was conducting routine surveillance in the South China Sea region on May 26, 2022, according to statements made by Richard Marles, Australia’s minister of Defense.” Chinese Fighter Jet Intercepts, Releases Metal Shards Into Aircraft Piloted By US Allies
- “Congress takes aim at $400 billion CCP-Tehran alliance.” Chinese Surveillance Giant Arms Iran With Advanced Spy Tech
- “The Mexican president specifically cited Cuba, Venezuela and Nicaragua’s exclusion as his reason, according to the Associated Press.” (pfft, AMLO doesn’t realize we’re on the way to becoming like them? – jjs) Mexican President Snubs Biden’s Invite to Summit of the Americas
- Humberto Fontova: “Do you know who really runs U.S. policy toward Cuba?” Biden Officials’ Unholy Alliance With Terror-Sponsoring Castro Regime
- “Why it’s a very bad idea.” U.S. Seeks Jerusalem Consulate For Palestinians
- Raymond Ibrahim: “Can you guess who a new book blames the persecution of Christians on?”The Politics of Persecution: Middle Eastern Christians in an Age of Empire
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “The USA Today–China Daily partnership comes amid heightened scrutiny over the Chinese Communist Party’s efforts to shape Americans’ views of Chinese culture and its domestic and foreign policy.” “Voice of a Nation”: USA Today Takes Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars From CCP Mouthpiece
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE, THE COURTS
- “Even if political paralysis may prevent implementation of other solutions to water scarcity, California’s state legislature should massively fund the efforts of water agencies to reuse wastewater.” (export it to Washington DC, in all its unfiltered, organic, natural glory – jjs)Time to Stop Wasting Wastewater
HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE
- This is rich. You had two full years and complete control of Congress to totally abolish this garbage. And all you gave us was McCain’s rotten thumbs down. GFY. Republicans Decry “Unlawful” $45 Billion Biden Scheme to Expand Obamacare
- “There were a lot of happy tears,” Dr. Andrea Cercek, an oncologist at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, said. Groundbreaking Cancer Treatment Produces Remission In Every Patient In Trial
- “AstraZeneca, along with pharmaceutical company Daiichi Sankyo, developed the drug, which is administered to patients as an intravenous infusion.” New Data Show Drug Extended Survival In Breast Cancer Patients
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “Science is not democratic.” Is Public Input on Science and Technology Policy Worthwhile?
- “A fuel leak detected during fueling of hydrazine in a Dragon cargo capsule as it was being prepared for a June 10th launch has forced SpaceX and NASA to delay the launch.” Fuel Leak Scrubs Launch of Dragon Cargo Capsule This Week
- “Though the gas functions much like a river of water, it has one fundamental difference that makes this phenomenon wholly Martian and quite alien. On Earth rivers flow downhill. On Mars, the gas in these spider tributaries is flowing upward, seeking a path into the atmosphere above.” Spiders Galore on Mars! (sister Pussy had no comment; Ziggy Stardust celebrates – jjs)
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “Drag shows are no place for a child,” Slaton said. “I would never take my children to a drag show and I know Speaker Dade Phelan and my Republican colleagues wouldn’t either. I will be filing legislation to address this issue in the new [Texas Legislature.]” Texas Lawmaker to Bring Bill to Ban Minors From Drag Shows
- “Also in the spirit of pride, I wanted to have a note on gender inclusivity in Spanish language,” Ocasio-Cortez said in a video posted as an Instagram story, taking issue with those who find “gender-neutral” terms such as “Latinx” as problematic. Titty Caca Ocasio-Cortez: “Gender Is Fluid. Language Is Fluid”
- “Police investigating her over offensive tweets.” (isn’t it good, Norwegian wood? – jjs)Norwegian Feminist Faces Three Years in Prison For Saying Biological Men Can’t Be Lesbians
- “Take THAT, Bible thumpers! Now sweep up our glitter!” Drag Teens, Naked Adults, and Stupid Burger Buns. Is This Gay Pride?
- “Gay and trans are two totally unrelated phenomena.” Stop Saying “LGBT”
- Christopher Rufo: “A consortium of publicly subsidized nonprofits wants to ‘decolonize gender’ and normalize male genitalia as a form of authentic womanhood.” The “Gender-Variant Universe”
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “The Daily Wire’s new documentary will make you laugh, cry, and run screaming down the street.” What Is a Woman?
- “To do so, we must learn, or relearn, the story that connects us with our predecessors, and once again make that story our own.” Can We Become a Serious Country Again?
- Robert Spencer: “How can all these people sit around casually watching tennis while the sky is falling?” Throw a Net Over Her: Climate Lunatic Ties Herself to Net at French Open
- “Christian Toto: “Stephen Merchant diagnoses problem, won’t side with ‘Right Wing Nutters.”Office Alum: Free Speech Scolds Are Coming from the Left
- “After bending over backwards to appease and please LGBT activists, Amazon is still beset by complaints it’s not doing everything they want.” If Amazon Isn’t Woke Enough for LGBTQ Activists, No Company Ever Will Be
HITHER & YON
- “A young adult novel about the downfall of Romanian dictator Nicolae Ceaușescu.” Count Communist
- “Felt more like a wake than a party.” The Strange Jubilee
- “Christopher Lasch foresaw MAGA long before anyone else.” Christopher Lasch and the Great American Divide
FINALLY . . .
- “One of the tags belonged to Carl Fenstermaker who served in Dick Winters’ Easy Company. The second tag belonged to Richard A. Blake, who was also a paratrooper in the 101st. They were both found by a team headed by archeologist Richard Osgood.” “Band of Brothers” Dog Tags Unearthed in UK 78 Years After D-Day
I meant to include this yesterday. The World at War, Episode 17: “Morning — June-August 1944” Both Laurence Olivier’s narration and Carl Davis’ score made this series most memorable.