Good morning, kids. The Fourth of July is here. All things considered, on the one hand it’s hard for me to wish you a happy Fourth but to not do so would be to accept the enemy’s memes and hatred for the very founding of the United States of America. Here’s just one link and headline that I think is illustrative:
Democrats of Pima County Arizona Celebrate Independence Day by Saying “Fuck the Fourth”
My response? Fuck YOU, vayr ge hargit, and go to hell. Whatever the state of this nation is, and I believe we are for sure in some transitory period where America as founded is no more, I’ll be damned if I’m going to sit back and surrender to what those who destroyed it have in mind for us. Joe Mannix, CBD and I discussed what the future might hold on our latest podcast (in the sidebar and right here). I don’t think that some sort of breakup into two or even more independent nation states is possible, at least not from the enemy’s perspective. While all we want is to be left alone to live our lives as we see fit, they cannot allow that for a host of reasons. First, they’d starve to death soon after devolving into chaos and misery so complete as to make Haiti after a category 10 Hurricane Clinton look like the golden age of Atlantis in comparison. Second, it’s sort of like the punchline from the joke about why Jewish women make love in the dark: “They can’t stand to see anyone else have a good time.” As long as we exist, and in fact thrive, the complete negation of everything they believe in would be impossible for them to bear. But, I digress.
Look at their reactions to the SCOTUS decisions that came down last week in striking down Roe, affirming free speech and rejecting New York’s absolute infringement on the Second Amendment. Calls to either pack the court with a half dozen more Leftist hack-in-black rubber stamps or to abolish the court altogether as well as states vowing to flat out ignore the Court’s rulings. Can you say, “nullification?”
In an act of breathtaking defiance and spitefulness not seen since Southern states engaged in “massive resistance” to the Supreme Court’s 1954 Brown v. Boarddecision, the New York State Legislature gave a middle finger to the Supreme Court and voted Friday to effectively nullify the Court’s decision last week in New York State Rifle and Pistol Association v. Bruen.
After an extraordinary session for the explicit purpose of defying the Court, Senate Bill S51001 was rammed through on a party-line vote by the Democratic supermajority, passed the Assembly, and received the signature of Gov. Kathleen Hochul. . .
. . . In Bruen, Justice Thomas ruled that these arbitrary restrictions were unconstitutional and violated the Second Amendment’s guarantee to keep “and bear” arms for self-defense, ordering New York State and New York City to issue concealed carry permits to qualified applicants for that reason.
In response, Gov. Hochul (who was endorsed by the NRA in 2012 when she ran for Congress in rural Western New York) vindictively declared that New York would restrict guns to the point where the State would “go back to muskets.” Hochul called the Legislature back from recess and presented a bill that criminalizes as a felony offense concealed carry in perhaps 98% of the state.
Relying upon Justice Scalia’s unwise choice of words in District of Columbia v. Heller, the bill defines nearly every public area except for a road or sidewalk a “sensitive area” where a permit holder is forbidden to carry concealed. . .
. . . New York has made it clear that the Constitution does not apply within its boundaries, no matter what the Supreme Court says. As was the case after the Heller decision of 2008, the state’s gun laws have actually become an order of magnitude more repressive following the legal “victory.”
I suppose I could be glib and say “So, okay. New Yorkers should just open carry. Problem solved.” I hate these fucking people with a passion but one thing is absolutely clear: by hook or by crook, regardless of their political clout, they will do whatever it takes to win and impose their will on us. Our side, not so much. Their words and deeds are proof positive that we are in a cold to lukewarm civil war. Our political and thought leadership in the main refuses to see this and so goes blissfully on with exhortations to vote harder, contribute more to the RNC and don’t let your National Review subscription lapse.
And so, it’s July 4th. There are revolutions and then there are “revolutions.” Lurker extraordinaire Victor Davis Hanson:
For 120 days in summer 2020, violent protesters destroyed some $2 billion in property and injured 1,500 police officers in riots that led to over 35 deaths.
Because blue-state mayors and governors saw BLM and Antifa instigators as useful street soldiers, most of those arrested were never tried in court. Street thugs paid no price for declaring themselves de facto owners of downtown areas of Seattle, which police themselves conceded were no-go zones. Why did public officials in blue states ignore the violence? They were certain that it enjoyed majority support among their leftwing constituencies.
Indeed, some leftist icons cheered on the violence. Well after the failed attempt to storm the White House grounds, in June 2020, the Democratic candidate for vice president Kamala Harris warned us that protestors were “not going to let up, and they should not.” What did Harris mean by “should not?”—when she knew numerous protests that summer had ended in terrible violence? Was she reckless in the manner Trump was said to be by encouraging a demonstration on January 6? . . .
. . .The Left, in revolutionary fashion, has waged a sustained and unapologetic attack on constitutional norms and long-held institutions—whenever it senses they no longer prove conducive to its own radical agendas.
Barack Obama declared during a funeral oration for the late Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.) that the filibuster was racist and must end—although as a senator Obama had used it and declared it essential.
The Electoral College? When the so-called “blue wall” fell, it transmogrified from valuable to a bankrupt fossil. In fact, the Left has wanted to create two new blue states (the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico) to fast track four left-wing senators, and cram through a national voting law to make the states’ constitutional prerogative to require voter IDs illegal. . . .
. . . There is a revolutionary war now being waged against the Supreme Court, because it no longer characteristically legislates from the bench. If the Court was once beloved as an iconic institution that was a sort of liberal judiciary, legislature, and executive all in one, it is now utterly despised as counterrevolutionary. Indeed, it is declared illegitimate, and its rulings to be ignored.
Former law professor Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) screams about a need to pack the Court—an insurrectionary attempt to end 160 years of judicial law and custom, that would be impossible without first ending the 180-year filibuster.
Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) called out Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanagh by name at the doors of the Court, issuing biblical warnings of violence to both: “You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.” . . .
. . . On the day Trump was inaugurated, Madonna incited a crowd outside the White House by warning that she had thought of blowing up the White House. Comedian Kathy Griffin trumped that in a video in which she held up a facsimile of a decapitated Trump head.
Few today remember James Hodgkinson—a former Bernie Sanders campaign worker—and his 2017 attempt to assassinate Republican congressmen at a practice for a charity baseball game.
So yes, let us fear that democracy is dying in media darkness. Real insurrectionists are seeking to dismantle the Constitution, to end centuries-long customs and traditions, to justify the use of political violence, and to disobey all the laws they find inconvenient.
Much of what American soldiers fought for in World War II has “gone down the drain,” according to U.S. Marine Carl Spurlin Dekel, who celebrated his 100th birthday last week.
Dekel says serving his country in WWII was the most important thing he ever did, according to Fox 13. The veteran and Silver Star holder says he wouldn’t hesitate to put his life on the line again, but regrets that the U.S. has slipped away from what he remembers.
“People don’t realize what they have,” Dekel told the outlet. “The things we did and the things we fought for and the boys that died for it, it’s all gone down the drain.”
“We haven’t got the country we had when I was raised, not at all,” he says. “Nobody will have the fun I had. Nobody will have the opportunity I had. It’s just not the same and that’s not what our boys, that’s not what they died for.”
Dekel’s statements came the same day the U.S. lost the last surviving Medal of Honor recipient from WWII. Hershel “Woody” Williams died Wednesday at 98 years old, surrounded by his family at a hospital named after him in his home state of West Virginia.
Revolutions and revolting. Happy Fourth of July.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- “People don’t realize what they have,” Dekel told the outlet. “The things we did and the things we fought for and the boys that died for it, it’s all gone down the drain.” 100-year-old WWII Vet Breaks Down, Says This Isn’t the “Country We Fought For”
- Victor Davis Hanson: “In truth, ‘insurrection’ has been fueled by the Left since 2015.” Who Are the Real Insurrectionists?
- “If an intelligent janitor or maid cannot tell the difference between a genuine work of art and an art-world fraud then it is probably a pile of rubbish and should be treated accordingly.” Of Dustbins and Binmen
- “Former U.S. and Iranian intelligence officials tell a haunting tale.” Does Iran Have a Hit Team in the US?
- “Review: Tearing Us Apart: How Abortion Harms Everything and Solves Nothing.” A Post-Roe Playbook
- Robert Spencer: “In trying to make a case for abortion, Harris recalled the foremost analogy to abortion in American history: slavery, a similar devaluing of the basic status of a certain group of individuals as human beings. Harris’ argument was akin to those of defenders of slavery before the Civil War. Some Democrats, apparently, just can’t seem to change.”Kamala Harris Just Made the Worst Pro-Abortion Argument Ever
- “New York legislators affirm their status as abortion extremists.” New York Seeks to Constitutionally Enshrine Abortion
- “With abortion moving to the states, the idea war is beginning again and the social media memes show us what pro-abortion arguments are.” Countering the Pro-Abortion Social Media Memes
- “Hysterical and hyperbolic responses to the Supreme Court’s final decisions of the 2021-2022 term reveal how ‘strangely debased’ some Americans’ understanding of democracy and government has become.” Won’t Somebody Please Think of Our Democracy™?
- “History will record that Mississippi, the small and often overlooked state, led the way in protecting the lives of unborn children.” How Mississippi Became the State to Take Down Roe v. Wade
- “None of this would have happened without the Trump presidency.” So Much Winning
- “If you want to know why we no longer have a federally enforced “right” to abort children in America, here’s the answer.” How Trump Succeeded Where Reagan Failed
- “. . . why are conservatives so averse to holding women responsible for their bad acts?”Conservatives Waffle on Abortion and Women’s Accountability
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- ““If the [so-called quote-unquote “president”] and Congress do not restrain the Court now, the Court is signaling they will come for the Presidential election next” Titty Caca AOC Accuses Supreme Court of “Coup” and Calls for It to Be “Done Away With”
- “The congressman is calling for term limits on Supreme Court justices following its decision to overturn Roe v. Wade and its latest ruling on the EPA.” (as long as we have term limits on senators, congressmen an all employees of every bureaucracy, then I can accept that offer – jjs) Commie Freak Ro Khanna: “This Court Has a Crisis of Legitimacy”
* * * * *
- Matt Schlapp said Hutchinson approached CPAC for help through the First Amendment Fund. Schlapp said he is happy they did not end up assisting her because she was relaying White House “hallway gossip as fact.” Text Messages Show Cassidy “Madison Cornbread” Hutchinson Referring to January 6 Committee as “BS”
- Margot Cleveland: “The committee wants those who stood by Donald Trump to face shame, disbarment, personal and professional harm, and potentially prison.” Here’s What the Jan. 6 Show Trials Are Really After
- Madison Cornbread’s BFF, no doubt. Adam Klown-zinger: New Witnesses Coming Forward Following Hutchinson’s Testimony
- Mollie Hemingway: “The January 6 show trial is partly about persecuting political opponents. But it’s also about covering up the truth of the 2020 election.” The J6 Show Trial Is Lying About Election “Fraud”
- “What Cassidy Hutchinson said was certainly extraordinary. But was it really ‘testimony?'”May It Please the Kangaroo Court
DEMOCRAT-LEFT WAR ON FOSSIL FUELS
- “Biden apparently doesn’t know that gas station owners are mostly independent small businesses whose razor-thin profit margins make it impossible to willy-nilly lower prices at the pump just because the president orders them to.” Biden Mocked for Ordering Gas Stations to Bring Down Prices
- “Working on it Mr. President. In the meantime – have a Happy 4th and please make sure the WH intern who posted this tweet registers for Econ 101 for the fall semester…,” they tweeted. US Energy Producers Roast Biden Over Gas Price Tweet They Suggest Was Written By White House “Intern”
- “It was the second time in two months that Bezos has weighed in with stinging criticism of Biden. Ouch. Inflation is far too important a problem for the White House to keep making statements like this,” Bezos wrote. “It’s either straight ahead misdirection or a deep misunderstanding of basic market dynamics.” Jeff Bezos Renews Attack on Biden’s “Deep Misunderstanding” of Economics in Withering Tweet
- Bill Perkins, entrepreneur: “The rep for the highest office in the land should know that refinery output not crude oil input prices and global demand set the prices at the pump. To be this ignorant of such an important topic is just shocking. Or to be this mendacious is just evil.” Biden Junta Tries Ttoo Clap Back at Jeff Bezos Over Criticisms, Fails Miserably
- Miranda Devine: “Biden is hellbent on riding the climate-apocalypse donkey into the history books, as the president who launched the decarbonization revolution of America, a revolution only the lofty protected classes desire.” Still Suffering at the Pump? Get Used to It — It’s Joe Biden’s Liberal World Order
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “WH Climate Czar John Kerry doubles down on climate agenda, says SCOTUS ruling ‘doesn’t take away our ability to do a whole bunch of things that we need to get done.’” China Slams U.S. Supreme Court’s EPA Ruling, Tells Biden Junta to Stick to “Climate” Obligations
- “Dutch farmers protest regulatory extremism designed to meet unreasonable emissions targets and which will cut the levels of agricultural production.” Is ‘Nitrogen Pollution’ the Next Insane Environmental Extremist Cause?
- “By adopting critical race theory, the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine have abandoned the sciences, which will slow, and even stall, scientific progress and debate.” The National Academies Have Abandoned the Sciences
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “The White House bragged about saving Americans 16 cents on July 4 last year.” Fourth of July Barbecues Set To Break the Bank This Year Under Biden
- “The [so-called quote-unquote “president”] is economically illiterate, delusional, a liar, or all three about the probability and causes of a recession.” Biden Plays Pretend
- “It’s an act of breathtaking defiance and spitefulness not seen since Southern states engaged in ‘massive resistance’ to the Supreme Court’s 1954 Brown v. Board decision.” (nullification? Insurrection? Bueller? – jjs) New York Moves to Nullify Supreme Court Decision Upholding Gun Rights
- What the fuck part of a shit-canning of the concealed carry law on top of “shall not be infringed” do you scumbags not under-fucking-stand?! New York Democrats Push to Scan Concealed Carry Applicants’ Social Media Before Issuing Permit
- “Needless to say, these regulations violate the spirit if not the letter of the Constitution six ways from Sunday. But in the meantime, New York Democrats can go to their constituents and claim they prevented the yahoos from despoiling their state with their filthy guns.”New York Democrats Ignore Supreme Court Ruling and Ban Guns Just About Everywhere
* * * * *
- The school police chief first announced his resignation to Uvalde Leader-News, a local outlet, before making it official in a letter sent to the council. He said he is stepping down in order to “minimize further distractions” in the aftermath of the school shooting. Uvalde Schools Police Chief Pete Arredondo Resigns From City Council
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “SCOTUS wrongly allows Biden to end the Remain in Mexico program.” Supreme Court Hands So-Called Quote-Unquote “president” Biden a Rare Win
- “More than 1,238 lives have been lost during migration in the [north, central and south] Americas in 2021, among them at least 51 children,” said the group’s July 1 report. (cruel as it may sound, good; if the risk of death deters even one foreigner from attempting to invade us, then I consider that a net positive – jjs) U.N. Says Joe Biden’s Border is “Deadliest Land Crossing in the World”
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “‘Defund the police’ advocate Cori Bush says her vehicle has been shot at three times since 2014.” (Cori Bush-whacked – jjs) This Democrat’s Car Keeps Getting Attacked
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “On July 4, 1776, newly minted Americans rejected tyranny. Current Democrat leaders are intent on undoing all that.” Dems’ Information Control “Cancels” July 4 Spirit
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “The unhinged response to a bill banning racial and gender stereotyping in school shows that the full flowering of an ‘Interahamwe’ Left in America is not only possible, but likely.”Democrats in Michigan Refuse to Condemn Exterminationist Rhetoric in Schools
- “The timing could not be better.” Supreme Court Decision Advances Educational Freedom
- “Canceling debt won’t stop future students from borrowing tomorrow, nor can Biden wave a wand and make college cheaper.” Why Student Loan Relief Fixes Nothing—and Could Make Everything Worse
- “I could list dozens and dozens of additional stories but there is no point. The list above makes the point quite clearly. The establishment educational institutions of the United States have once again embraced discrimination, segregation, and bigotry. The only difference between now and the past is which races are given special treatment and which races are oppressed.” Today’s Blacklisted American: University of Arizona Gives Free Tuition to American Indians — All Other Races Must Pay
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “Prayer is one of the few practices they find corrupting in public schools.” School Prayer Ruling Is a Bitter Blow to Intolerant Secularists
- Robert Spencer: “His nominee to be ambassador to Brazil is sunk by her Jew-hatred.” Biden Tries, Fails to Appoint Yet Another Anti-Semite
- “46% of voters plan to vote for the Republican congressional candidate on the ballot while 43% plan to support the Democratic congressional candidate. […] In a hypothetical 2024 matchup between [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Biden and former President Trump, Trump holds 44% support while Biden has 39% support.” Post-SCOTUS Decision Polls Still Show Biden, Congressional Dems in Trouble Ahead of Midterm Elections
- “To paraphrase Richard M. Weaver, “ignorance has consequences.” Which Crisis Will Be the Next to Catch Biden “Off Guard?”
- Lloyd Billingsley: “The Biden-Carter comparison is not even close.” When Joey Met Jimmy
- “Democrat organizations are pouring money into Republican primary races, backing the most radical of right-wing candidates. So far, Democrats have spent more than $20 million in advertising for Republican candidates, particularly those farthest to the right.” (“radical” means pro-American – jjs) Democrats Are Running a Risky Midterm Gambit and Hoping to Heck it Doesn’t Backfire
- “Get the fuck out of here!” WATCH: Ilhan Bro-Fo Omar/Nur/Burqawitz/Ikeeelyou Booed at Somali Concert in Minnesota
- I understand the Warsaw Ghetto fighters had spa treatments and facials . . . “There Is No Act Too Small”: Titty Caca AOC Does Her Nails as Act of “Resistance”
- “Carville also advised that [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Joe Biden and the Democrats would do more to help the black and brown people in America deal with record-high gas and food prices than the Republicans.” (solution for Dems/Carville: reject and do the opposite of everything you’ve done and believed in since 1789 – jjs) Skeletor Carville: ‘Petrified’ Heading into Midterms — If We Don’t Have “Voter Intervention, I Am Not Optimistic”
- “The adage ‘be careful of what you wish for, you may just get it’ most certainly applies to recent efforts by black political leaders to expand ballot access.” Hispanics Will Not Join a Black/Brown Coalition
- “Kaul lost while trying to kick Republican appointee to the Wisconsin Board of Natural Resources (DNR board), Frederick Prehn, out of his position to clear the path for Democratic Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers’s new pick, according to the Wisconsin Supreme Court ruling.”Wisconsin Supreme Court Rules Political Appointees Don’t Have To Leave Post In Blow To Democrats In State
- “The top 10 reasons President Trump should be Speaker of the House.” The Top 10 Reasons Trump Should Be Speaker of the House
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “Some have noted that the shootings took place near where a Harry Styles concert is or was due to take place later this evening, but no connection has been firmly established at this time. As of the time of publication, it was not confirmed whether the arrest police have disclosed has brought the incident to a definitive end, or whether any of the people hit were fatally wounded.” (suspect identified as Mohammed Macbeth, or not? – jjs) Multiple People Shot at Mall in Copenhagen, Denmark, “Several” Killed
- The Danish word for “asshole” is “hochul”. . . “Restrictive” Gun and Ammunition Controls Failed to Prevent Copenhagen Attack
* * * * *
- “Last poll shows Netanyahu-led alliance winning majority in parliament.”Israel: Netanyahu Kicks Off Election Campaign; Trump Considers Endorsement
- “Democrat optimists may believe that Biden’s travel to the Middle East will be a foreign policy success, which would impact Democrat chances of remaining in control of Congress.”Biden’s July Jaunt to Israel and Saudi Arabia
- “Jacksonian Zion.” Why America First Loves Israel
- “I guess I will see the king and the crown prince.” Biden Again Plays Down Saudi Interactions
- “His hosts may be wondering, ‘With friends like these…’” Biden’s Middle East Follies
- “There is nothing more different from the average citizen than any of our ‘leaders.’” Other Lessons From the NATO Summit
- “Berlin triggered the second stage of its national gas emergency plan.” Having Scoffed at Trump’s Warnings, Germany Now Fears Complete Russian Gas Cut-Off
- “Energy crisis prompts panic buying.” Germans Struggling With Support for “Current Thing”
- “Are they unaware of the Garden of Eden Castro and Che created there?” Why Don’t Haitians Immigrate to Cuba — Paradise for the Poor, According to Democrats?
- “Kolker, a doctor of physics and mathematics at Novosibirsk State University, was accused of spying for China, where he had previously given scientific lectures, according to family, who proclaim him to be innocent.” Top Russian Scientist Dmitry Kolker Dies of Cancer Two Days After “Treason” Arrest
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “. . . the old reasons to ban the app still hold true.” As Calls to Ban TikTok Grow Louder, Here’s a History of National Pulse Scoops About the CCP-Linked App
- “Oslo warns gays not to inflame terrorists further by marching — then permits terrorists to build a mosque.” After the Oslo Bloodbath
- Welcome to Islamic supremacist hate in Canada — and its leftist abettors.” Canada: Trudeau Liberals Accused of “Funding Hate” at Muslim Association of Canada Conference
- “Gates is circumventing a 1932 anti-corporate farm ownership law” Bill Gates Granted Authority to Buy 2100 More Acres of North Dakota Farmland
- “Are you onboard with a country and its economy ruled by unelected bureaucrats given the green light to do so by unelected judges?” A SCOTUS Guide for the Perplexed
HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE
- “Isn’t it better that you suffer a fatal heart attack than your doctor exhibit ‘urgency’ in treating you? Don’t laugh. This is what passes for debate in some circles.” “Urgency is a White Supremacy Value” Says Oregon Health Bureaucrat
- Deroy Murdock: “The FDA’s absurdity is on display.” Biden Chases Fool’s Gold With War on Juul
- “In summary, we desperately need new treatment options to improve the care, outcomes, and quality of life of CKD patients. The FDA should trust nephrologists and patients to use new therapies responsibly.” The FDA is Blocking Game-Changing New Drugs for Kidney Disease
- “The devastating effects are becoming more apparent with each passing day.” Blind Faith in Doctors
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “The Large Hadron Collider, in a giant physics lab near Geneva, has been dormant for the last three years.” (meanwhile, the large hard-on collider is smashing itself to bits at the J-6 hearing – jjs) Giant Atom Smasher That Revealed ‘God Particle’ Restarts, Along With Doomsday Conspiracy Theories
- “Last year was the most successful year in rocketry since the launch of Sputnik in 1957. Both nations and private companies managed to launch successfully 134 times, one more than the previous record in 1975. Similarly, with 48 launches in 2021, the U.S. completed the most launches since the height of the 1960s space race, 48 total.” In 2022 Freedom Continues to Fuel the Launch Industry Towards New Records
- “The study also confirmed that some exercises in space helped to mitigate the bone loss, which ranged from 1% to 2% per month. No exercises prevented it however.” New Research Confirms Long-Term Bone Loss During Long Missions in Weightlessness
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “Despite relentless promotion of LGBT in society.” China, Where Population Control Featured Forced Abortion for Years, Says US Abuses Women’s Rights
- Brian C. Joondeph, M.D.: “A decade or two ago, who would have thought a topic such as this would be newsworthy or relevant?” Will Transgendered Athletes Now Give Back Their Medals and Titles?
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “With a Fourth of July resolve we would do well to remember that the Washington elite and the administrative state that serves it can only be defeated when the people arise against it.” The New American Slave Revolt, Led by Clarence Thomas
- “July 4 should be an occasion for Americans to put aside the punitive memory of grievance and embrace the reverent memory of gratitude.” Ancestor Appreciation Day
- “PCDP posted a graphic advertising a women’s march which, we agree, was in poor taste.”Democrats of Pima County Arizona Celebrate Independence Day by Saying “Fuck the Fourth”
- “In times of triumph and trial, Americans have always and will always find ways to come together.” (don’t Bogart Hunter’s crack-pipe, Mike – jjs) Mike Pompeo Op-Ed: A New Message of Hope & Unity for This July 4th — Through it All, the American Dream Endures
- The individual — who previously admitted to enjoying watching fireworks on Independence Day — then signed the pledge and told her friend, “And we are not going to watch the fireworks,” to which her friend replied, “Okay.” Video: Young Americans Pledge Not to Celebrate the Fourth of July
- Christian Toto: “SNL alum fuses rage, wit and wisdom into one cathartic hour of comedy.”Breuer’s Somebody Had to Say It Pummels Pandemic Hypocrisy
- Nebbishes, no-talents and anti-American cranks. White House Releases List of Medal of Freedom Recipients, and It’s Pretty Much What You’d Expect
- “We won our independence, but we now suffer under a new sort of tyrant. We find ourselves bound by the invisible chains of codependence.” An American Declination of Codependence
- “Sometimes apostates see things more clearly than those to the manner born.” The Fearless, Compelling David Mamet
HITHER & YON
- “If we are to maintain the great heritage which has been bequeathed to us, we must be like-minded as the fathers who created it. (An excerpt from Calvin Coolidge’s [lengthy] speech in Philadelphia on July 5, 1926, marking the 150th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence.)” Calvin Coolidge: “If All Men Are Created Equal, That Is Final”
- “The American Founding continues to take place in the minds, hearts, and lives of succeeding generations.” A Decent Respect
- “Though best known as a notorious political machine, Tammany Hall also raised the 42nd New York Infantry Regiment, which fought bravely in major eastern battles of the Civil War.”Tammany at Gettysburg
- “Though mostly remembered for his folktales, Washington Irving authored a broader catalog that offers timely lessons for today.” American Trailblazer
- “Yes, the history of Rome often sounds like our own. But then, it sounds like most every other civilization that has existed in any part of the world at any time in history.” What History Says About Whether the United States Will Fall Like Rome
- “Angelo Codevilla speaks clearly, doesn’t hesitate to identify malefactors, and is extremely adept and accomplished at identifying nonsense.” Angelo Codevilla, Our America First Champion
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.