Good morning, kids. The weekend is here and, mangling Elton John’s lyrics, I guess that’s why they call it the news, as about the last thing I expected to report is that former Japanese PM Shinzo Abe was assassinated yesterday while making a campaign speech. From what I can glean, the assassin is in custody, though nothing about possible motives is known, or has yet to be released.
Out of the blue as this is, there are some connections to things we are dealing with at home as well as on the international scene. For starters, Japan is one of the most peaceful societies on the planet. Murder is extremely rare, mostly owing to the complete homogeneity of the population and culture, and — take note 2-A abolitionists — private ownership of firearms is virtually 100% illegal. The weapon used to kill Abe is supposedly some sort of homemade shotgun. But there are other things that might raise an eyebrow:
Abe was the first world leader to meet with President Trump after his 2016 election and the two had a warm relationship. Trump posted on Truth Social early Friday morning:
“Absolutely devastating news that former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe of Japan, a truly great man and leader, has been shot, and is in very serious condition. He was a true friend of mine and, much more importantly,
America. This is a tremendous blow to the wonderful people of Japan, who loved and admired him so much. We are all praying for Shinzo and his beautiful family!” . . .
. . . [So-called quote-unquote “president”] Biden has apparently not yet been roused from his slumber to comment on the situation. No doubt his staff is scrambling to figure out a way to blame Trump for the shooting. . .
. . . The former PM has been a critic of China in recent years and has angered the government there. In November he declared that the U.S. and Japan should defend Taiwan from Chinese aggression: “A Taiwan emergency is a Japanese emergency, and therefore an emergency for the Japan-U.S. alliance. People in Beijing, President Xi Jinping in particular, should never have a misunderstanding in recognising this,” he said. In an April op-ed, he blasted [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Joe Biden for his ambiguous policy toward Taiwan, criticizing “America’s unwillingness to say explicitly that it will ‘defend Taiwan’ should it be attacked.”
Unequivocal friend of Trump and America, openly adversarial to Xi. Make of that what you will. Of course, it could have been just a lone psycho addicted to eyeball-licking and tentacle porn (Kurt Eichenwald evidently has an alibi). In any case, the real America has lost a friend and staunch ally at a time when we can ill afford to lose one.
このたびはご愁傷さまでございます — “On this sad occasion we grieve with you.”
* * * * *
Closer to home, a lot closer in my case, this story that Ace covered yesterday is about as Orwellian a nightmare that you can find. Except in this case, it’s all too real.
Under our law, a person may use deadly physical force upon another individual when, and to the extent that, “he/she reasonably believes it to be necessary to defend himself/herself [or someone else] from what he/she reasonably believes to be the use or imminent use of [unlawful] deadly physical force by such individual.”
Are the actions of Mr. Alba reasonable? Of course they are. Mr. Alba was attacked; he was not the aggressor. The attacker came behind the counter to attack him. The attacker was bigger, younger and stronger. A reasonable person would have believed he was in imminent threat from an attacker who kept coming. To those who disagree, I ask: what should have Mr. Alba have done? There is no time to call the police and no assistance was coming from anywhere. . .
. . . It is truly shocking that the DA has decided to prosecute Mr. Alba for defending himself in a clear-cut case of self-defense Fortunately, we will have a jury that will make things right.
In the current environment, bodegas and retail stores have become open targets for shoplifters and those seeking to hurt store employees. There is no fear of any consequences because the police have made these cases a low priority. And this is the result of a misguided policy. Mr. Alba and others like him have had to step into the breach and protect themselves. The right to defend ourselves is a long-established right that goes back to the earliest codification of criminal law.
When the police will not act, when the DA’s Office has taken the side of the attackers, what is one to do?
Given the fact that NYC is a microcosm of the Junta that controls our government, what the ordinary citizen— and in reality, serf — is supposed to do is lie back and take it. “To preserve our liberal world order,” of course. Unaffordable gas, groceries and medicine? Letting street thugs rob you at knife- or gunpoint, or DC thugs rob you on April 15th? You better believe it. And you better sing their praises lest you find yourself in the Garland Archipelago, or in the case of Jose Alba, Rikers Island.
To effectively defend yourself against an attacker is to negate the argument that only the government and its sanctioned agents in law enforcement can do that, or are qualified to do that. Guns are far too dangerous to allow ordinary citizens to own one, or so goes the rationale. Hello, Uvalde? Marjorie Stoneman-Douglass? Bueller? “Fuck you, Sefton. The guy didn’t even have a gun!” BINGO! As I said, it’s not that you shouldn’t be allowed to defend yourself with a gun. You should not be allowed to defend yourself, period.
This junta and its Nazi collaborator Soros puppets masquerading as DAs, and in this case the putrid, Marxist scumbag racialist Alvin Bragg, are all in on “social justice.” Translation: retribution for slavery and Jim Crow that have not been a real thing for 60-160 years and the imaginary sin of existing while white. White being normal American of any color. NB, Jose Alba is Indian (dot, not feathers).
There has been an update to this story as I am writing:
The Manhattan bodega worker charged with murder after fighting off a violent ex-con in his store over the weekend was finally home Thursday night after he was released on bail in the highly publicized case.
Jose Alba, 61, arrived at his Hamilton Heights apartment around 8:30 p.m. wearing an electronic monitor hours after a Manhattan judge agreed to lower his sky-high bail from $250,000 to $50,000. . .
. . .Before his release, Alba had been locked up at Rikers Island on a murder rap for his fatal encounter with Austin Simon, 35, on Friday night inside the Hamilton Heights bodega where he works.
Relatives and Alba’s boss posted $5,000 needed to spring him on a bail bond.
As part of his release agreement, Alba is also barred from leaving New York City and he had to surrender his passport, ensuring he will not be going to the Dominican Republic on a previously planned trip.
What a fucking travesty. But what do you expect when we have a criminal justice system that lets rioters run wild in the streets for weeks at a time, B-urning L-ooting M-urdering and laying waste to scores of American cities and hailed as mostly peaceful legitimate protestors while actual peaceful protesters are locked up for a year-and-a-half on an entrapment sting and slimed as traitors and insurrectionists. On top of that, those that stole a national election and committed actual treason sit in judgement in kangaroo courts over the real victims, Trump and his allies, while rigged courts and juries in DC let the Klinesmiths, McCabes, Strzoks, Sussmans off scot free with apologies, book deals and CNN gigs as parting gifts.
To continue with the theme of positivity from yesterday, this Chesa Boudin psycho was recalled from San Francisco, a city whose citizenry in the main are not known for being conservative and his replacement was just named, Brooke Jenkins, who quit Boudin’s office in 2021 to volunteer for the recall. Again this is San Francisco, after all, so we’ll see how she does, although the problem there is systemic and structural. Laws will have to be changed and that’s on London Breed, the city council and ultimately the brilliantine pretty boy governor.
Ditto for this George Gascon freak a few hundred miles to the south in LA, where he too will now face a recall. Again, it’s California. And yet Californians seemingly have had enough of what they themselves voted for. But, they did vote for it which begs the question, do they now have the self-awareness to understand that and to actually change their mindset? That is the question and it is applicable to our society as a whole as we hurtle headlong into an abyss with a drooling, gibbering, demented vegetable being manipulated out of Kalorama.* * * * *
Friends, this will be my last column for a while, since one week from today I’ll be leaving New York. Until then, I’ll be knee deep in bubble wrap, boxes and tape, but I’ll be back on Tuesday the 19th if all goes to plan.
Have a great weekend.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- “Japan’s former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe was fatally shot while delivering a campaign speech in the western city of Nara on Friday, a government official and local media reported.”SHINZO ABE, JAPAN’S LONGEST-SERVING PM, ASSASSINATED
* * * * *
- “As progressives migrate to freer climes, they’re bringing their horrible electoral schemes with them.” It’s Time to Lock Down Red State Elections
- “The Antifa summer camp for kids is back this summer for the first time since their fellow travelers in communist China unleashed the [Chinese] COVID-19 virus on the world. Once again, Portland Leftists will support another new crop of screamers, taggers, rioters, looters, and IWW dead-enders at the Antifa training camp for kids called the Budding Roses Summer Camp.” (hello muddah, hello faddah, here I am at, Camp Intifada . . . – jjs) Hey, Hey! Ho, Ho! Here’s a Big Reason Why Portland’s Antifa Seems to Have a Never-Ending Supply of Rioters
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- “Demonstrators on Wednesday wanted a face-to-face with Carolyn Bryant Donham, now in her 80’s and living in North Carolina, according to WRAL. Till’s family and supporters are making a renewed push for her arrest after the 70-year-old warrant against her was found in the basement of a Mississippi courthouse last week.” Emmett Till Thugs-cum-Protesters Invade Senior Living Site Hunting Woman Tied to Infamous Case
* * * * *
- “That was a First Amendment activity by a majority of those people, myself included,” Kelley said during the debate. “We were there protesting the government because we don’t like the results of the 2020 election, the process of how it happened. And we have a First Amendment right. And that’s what 99% of the people were there for that day.” Michigan GOP Gubernatorial Candidate Appears In Federal Court, Pleads Not Guilty To January 6 Charges
- “Basking in progressive praise – while demonizing Trump supporters as a ‘cult.'” NeverTrump Republicans Just Can’t Let Go of Trump
DEMOCRAT-LEFT WAR ON FOSSIL FUELS
- “You didn’t answer his important question. Everyone in the nation wants to know the answer to the question he asked you. Who is advising the president on shockingly naive price theory over a gallon of gas?” Bloomberg Host Calls Biden “Shockingly Naive” to WH Adviser’s Face
- “The case, led by 10 environmental groups, includes all the trademarks of a ‘sue and settle’ suit.” Biden’s Swamp Brings Back “Sue and Settle” to Hide Behind Courts as to Stomps Out Fossil Fuels
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “Environmental activists decry the plan as ‘green-washing’ fossil fuel and nuclear energy.”European Union Votes to Classify Natural Gas and Nuclear as “Green Energy”
- “Farmers rebellion erupts in the Netherlands.” Revolt Against the “Liberal World Order”
- “Obama’s Clean Power Plan was an unprecedented move to make the EPA into the nation’s industrial policy czar. SCOTUS upended that plan.” How The Supreme Court Upended EPA’s Power Grab and Curbed the Administrative State
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “The Fed’s past complacency undermines its present effort to fight inflation.” Self-Inflicted Wounds
- “In much the same way that the 2008 bankruptcy of one of our banks spelled trouble for the rest of the world economy, so too could a debt crisis in Europe or in the emerging-market economies damage our already-troubled economy.” How a Looming Economic Crash Abroad Could Smack US Shores
- “[Mike DeWine]’s the executive of the state. He has the power to launch an investigation with every resource aimed at finding out the truth here. Do it. Make them prove that this actually happened and wasn’t a cooked-up political hit job by an abortionist activist who is losing her abortion grift.” This Is How We Lose: Ohio Gov on Defense Over Dubious Tale of 10-Year-Old Rape Victim Who Fled to Indiana for Abortion
- “There are reasons to fear that the public will kept in the dark forever.” Will We Ever Know the Identity of the Supreme Court Leaker?
- “The pro-life movement must become a pro-life culture.” Living Dobbs
- “This is a case that represents a larger clash about approaches to the Constitution…with the majority taking a more originalist-oriented, historically-focused approach.” Former Alito Clerk: Dobbs is “Most Important Supreme Court Decision Since Brown v. Board of Education“
- “Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization has done more to preserve the separation of powers, the rule of law, federalism, and the Constitution itself, than any decision in centuries.” The Best Supreme Court Ruling in Almost
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “Not only is Joe Biden allowing illegal aliens to swarm into Texas…. He’s transporting minor illegal aliens — children — to states outside of Texas to kill their babies and has been for some time—nine months, actually, if you can appreciate a ghoulish kind of irony…” Biden Junta Flies Illegal Alien Minors Out of Texas for Abortions
- They should be flown, driven or, if necessary, trebucheted down to Patagonia, if possible.Abbott Orders Texas Authorities To Arrest Illegal Migrants, Return Them To Border
- “Will the border states assert their constitutional right to protect their lawful residents?”Stop The Border Invasion Now
- Terry Jeffrey: “Human trafficking, minors crossing illegally in record numbers, and tragic deaths.” An Unsecured Border Is a Mortal and Moral Hazard
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “It is truly shocking that the DA has decided to prosecute Mr. Alba for defending himself in a clear-cut case of self-defense Fortunately, we will have a jury that will make things right.” (shocking, but not surprising given the thug, commie racialist who Alvin Bragg is – jjs) By Law, the Actions of Accused NYC Bodega Worker Jose Alba Are Justified
- “Gascón blames Republicans.” Recall Gascón Submits Over 700,000 Signatures to LA County Registrar
- “[Brooke] Jenkins, who quit Boudin’s office in 2021 to volunteer for the recall, is both Black and Latina. She will be San Francisco’s first Latina district attorney. Vice President Kamala Harris was the city’s first Black DA.” (so, they’ll still be “stylish,” as Inspector Harry Callahan once said – jjs) Replacement Named for Ousted San Francisco DA Chesa Boudin
- “If politicians are serious that they’re sick of ‘living with this carnage,’ the Highland Park shooter should be executed immediately.” (CBD, you magnificent bastard, she read your rant! – jjs) You Know What Would Deter More Shootings Than Red Flag Laws? Executing Mass Killers Quickly
- “. . . And if we don’t get a handle on this one, it’s all over.” (his Japan analogy is wrong, but his premise is right – jjs) On This Important Metric, America Is a Failure“The Biden [junta] denied in February that it was giving grants to fund distribution of crack pipes, following a Washington Free Beacon report that HHS had closed applications for funding to do so.” Clinic Funded By Biden Junta Distributes Crack Pipes to Addicts Outside a “School”
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “Illegal invaders planned a July 4 terror attack with assault weapons. Why isn’t this big news?” The Biggest Story the Media Don’t Want to Tell You About
- “What is most striking is that Ms. Flores won by shunning moderates, embracing the far right and wearing her support for Donald J. Trump on her sleeve.” NY Times: Be Afraid of “Far-Right Latinas” Like Republican Mayra Flores
- “The Washington Post reported that Musk’s team has stopped engaging in discussions with investors about the funding behind the purchase because they believe that the spam figures provided by the company are incomplete.” Musk To Take ‘Potentially Drastic Action’ As Twitter Buyout ‘In Serious Jeopardy’; Twitter Makes Major Cuts
- “In other words, the Rolling Stone article’s headline perfectly captured the deceptive narrative presented by the authors — Peggy’s praying with justices led to Dobbs and the downfall of Roe. Distortion, not reality.” Supreme Court Prayer Calumny Is Classic Illustration of Elite Media Manipulation of Facts
- “’One of the awesome opportunities about being a queer person is that we may not be as entrenched in some of the gender narratives and roles that can be kind of prescriptive around sexuality,” Davis said. “So I think it can be a really amazing opportunity for us to explore our sexuality outside of those norms and patterns.’ — And, you know, groom kids.”NPR Goes Full Groomer, Promotes “Queer” Sex Education
- “Is it too much to ask the gun seller to do a cursory check?” CNN Suggests Gun Shops Should Check Buyers’ Social Media Pages Before Agreeing Sales
- “Western opinion leaders continue to offer preposterous and dangerous ‘solutions’ to world problems.” Summer Fun with the New York Times
- “Team Choice’s rhetorical tactics after Dobbs v. Jackson. Abortion on Facebook
AMERICA, AND THE WORLD, IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “In October 2021, the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) mandated that all eligible students be vaccinated for [Chinese] COVID-19 by Jan. 10, 2022, or be required to go back to virtual learning. The mandate was promptly challenged and has now been struck down by a Los Angeles County judge who ruled on July 5 that the district lacks the authority to impose the mandate.” Another Chinese COVID Vax Mandate Bites the Dust
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “A look at the dire warnings of Fox broadcaster Pete Hegseth, for you and your children.” In the Kill Zone
- “It’s important that if we have councils, that their views be independent and not be rubber-stamped and influenced inappropriately by inventive actors. We don’t think that the council is free from inappropriate influence from the Biden [junta].” Education Groups Sue Biden Junta for Staffing Parent Council With Left-Wing Activists
- “What about employees who want to be addressed as a mother or a father? They don’t count?” National Education Association Wants to Replace “Mother” With “Birthing Parent” in Contracts
- “Teachers’ self-centered approach privileges their preferred social narratives and identities over students’ needs. Teachers who instruct based on their own identities and preferences safeguard this practice by inserting ‘my truths’ and ‘lived experiences’ in the curriculum, which make publicly criticizing those ideas cruder and less socially acceptable.” On America’s Selfish Teacher Problem
- “Maine’s Biden-funded lesson described transgender person as ‘someone who the doctors made a mistake about when they’re born.'” This Blue State Cites George Floyd’s Death To Justify Trans Lesson for Kindergartners
THE 2020 ELECTION HEIST AND AFTERMATH
- “The new data will send shivers up the spines of election fraudsters.” 52% Say Cheating Impacted 2020 Election, While 50% Say It Will Blight U.S. Mid Terms
- Look at that headline and let the in-your-face insanity sink in. DOJ Suing Arizona Over Proof-of-Citizenship Requirements for Voters
- Mollie Hemingway: “The two recommend that state officials take action to prevent Biden’s plot. Since the National Voting Rights Act provides states the authority to designate voter registration agencies beyond those already required by federal law, the federal government cannot designate additional agencies without a change to federal law enacted by Congress.”Good Government Groups Ask State Officials to Stop Biden’s Federal Takeover of Elections
SHAMPEACHMENT 1.0, 2016 CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- Julie Kelly: “After the much-hyped John Durham probe ends with a whimper and House Democrats ratchet up their public pursuit of Trump associates, the Republican base wants action, not more sternly worded letters.” Republican Voters Want “Blood”—Will Their Leaders Deliver?
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- Robert Spencer: “Apparently, their views are compatible.” Why Do So Many Top Democrats Have No Problem Associating With a Virulent Anti-Semite?
- “Morningstar Inc., a financial research firm that advises investors, is facing accusations that its recently acquired research firm, Sustainalytics, downgrades companies that help Israel combat terrorism and bolsters the anti-Semitic Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions movement (BDS), which wages economic warfare on the Jewish state. A third-party analysis published by the Foundation for Defense of Democracies (FDD) alleges that Sustainalytics employs biased methods to investigate and downgrade firms doing business with Israel and its security sector.” This Financial Giant Blacklists Companies That Supply Arms to Israel
- “Asks judge to prevent settlement agreed to in separate case, in which Unilever agreed to sell Ben & Jerry’s business in Israel to an Israeli manufacturer-distributor, enabling sale of Ben & Jerry’s brand ice cream in the Jewish Quarter of the Old City of Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria (the West Bank).” Ben & Jerry’s Sues Corporate Parent Unilever To Thwart Sale Of Branded Ice Cream In Jewish Quarter of Old City, Judea and Samaria
BIDEN CRIME FAMILY REVELATIONS
- “It pays to be close to the [so-called quote-unquote “president”] — or at least one of his closest advisers.” Easy Access: Top Biden Adviser Hosted Lobbyist Brother’s Clients at White House
- “Not since the Kennedys has the mainstream media ignored such familial dysfunction, lack of sexual boundaries, hardcore substance abuse issues, the hiring of sex workers, the leveraging of presidential access for money and trails of corruption, greed and thirst for power that supersede all.” (of course Maureen Callahan could not resist taking a shot at Trump in this piece, but so be it – jjs) Bidens Are as Dysfunctional as the Kennedys — And Protected by the Press
DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- “Democrat Iowa house district candidate Sonya Heitshusen has been charged with the reckless use of a firearm after she allegedly shot a gun through a sliding glass door in her home June 27.” REPORT: Democrat Candidate Charged With Reckless Use of a Firearm
- “The [so-called quote-unquote “president’s”] son was seen shaking hands and hugging multiple ceremony attendees as they entered the White House’s East Room and took their seats.” Hunter Biden Gets Front Row Seat at White House Medal of Freedom Ceremony
- “The poll found that Biden is underwater with adult independents as 58 percent are unsatisfied with his performance with an even 40 percent strongly disapproving. Just 28 percent of independents said they are happy with his job as president, and another 15 percent remained unsure.” Poll: Only 1 in 5 Americans Wants Joe Biden to Run for President in 2024
- “During the 2016 campaign, the ‘T-Bird’ (as the former president calls it) served as a potent campaign icon, a powerful backdrop at rallies, and a symbol of candidate Trump’s power, success, and prestige. Will the custom-fitted jet soon be returning to the campaign trail to show off its gleaming new paint job?” Is He Running? Trump Plane Gets a Fresh Coat of Paint
- “Now, Bezos is a devoted Leftist, and there is very little chance that he supports anyone other than the Democrat nominee in the next presidential contest. But his frustration with Biden’s incompetence in these tweets is palpable.” Biden’s Billionaire Donors Having Buyers’ Remorse
- “Many of the Somalis in the Twin Cities have conservative values. They came to America to pursue a better life and to live in a safer place. Many of them have entrepreneurial spirits and have started their own businesses. Ilhan Omar is a wrecking ball to their aspirations.”The Boo Heard Around the World: Ilhan Bro-Fo Omar/Nur/Burqawitz/Ikeeelyou is Falling Out of Favor With the Minnesota Somali Community
- “Stop pissing me off.” (probably thinks they haven’t completely decimated the country fast enough – jjs) A Liberal TikToker’s Viral, Epic Rant Against Tone-Deaf Dems and Why They’ll Lose in November
- “It is tough to find younger candidates who embody the right philosophy, who have the ability to win a hard campaign, and who will excel for their constituents and country when they reach office.” Our Young Guns
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “Boris alone could have survived years alone in Downing Street. In the end, it was his wife who the public really needed out.” Boris Johnson Resigns: He Couldn’t “Carrie On” Any Longer. So What Next?
- “Boris Johnson steps down.” Another Kind of Brexit
- “While many Conservative voters are angered at the way Johnson has been ousted by a few dozen politicians after winning the first substantial parliamentary majority for his party since the 1980s only in late 2019, others are not particularly sorry to see the man who claimed he would govern as a libertarian and ‘take back control’ of Britain’s borders go after years of draconian lockdowns, leftist greenery, and record-breaking immigration — both legal and illegal.” Send in the Clowns: Britain Faces Gallery of Fools, Flyweights, and Fake Conservatives as Next Prime Minister
- “Tehran and Moscow also recently inked an economic deal to carry some 10 million tons of goods from Russia into Iran through a land corridor.” Iran and Russia Expand ‘Sanctions Busting’ Network
- “Iran’s tyrants turn to internal purges.” Fear and Loathing in an Islamic Republic
- “Chinese secret police are also targeting Chinese nationals living abroad whom they consider to be enemies of the state, going so far as to harrass and intimidate certain individuals.”The FBI and MI5 Issue Dire Warning: The Chi-Coms Are the World’s Biggest Threat, and They Are Everywhere
- “The [so-called quote-unquote “president”] called Brittney Griner’s family but not Paul Whelan’s family.” Family of Former Marine Imprisoned in Russia Says Biden Only Cares About Jailed Celebrity Basketball Player
BIDEN AFGHANISTAN BUG-OUT DISASTER
- “The measure comes after Afghanistan has been back under the control of the Taliban for nearly 11 months since the Biden [junta] completed its withdrawal last August. The American-backed regime collapsed within two weeks as the Taliban took control of the Afghan capital of Kabul after nearly two decades of military and economic support. Thousands of Americans and billions of dollars worth of military equipment were left.”Biden Moves to Rescind Afghanistan’s Status as a Major Non-NATO Ally
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- The training slide offers a “vignette” instructing soldiers on what to do if they encounter a female soldier who identifies as male according to the Department of Defense’s personnel tracking system known as Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS), but has not surgically transitioned and still has “female genitalia.” Army Training Says Soldiers Must Shower with Transgender Persons of Opposite Sex
- “Sixty-two thousand Army National Guard and Reserve soldiers are being deprived of pay and benefits, due to noncompliance with the Biden [junta’s] vaccine mandate.” Tens of Thousands of Soldiers Barred From Service Due to Biden Vaccine Mandate
- “Craig Miller, a DHS deportation officer who has worked out of Minneapolis, Minnesota, for the last 15 years, and Derrick Taylor, a former DHS law enforcement agent and private investigator in Irvine, California, were indicted on Thursday by a federal grand jury, alongside three other men.” Two Homeland Security Workers Charged In Alleged Chinese Spying Scheme
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE COURTS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE
- “Though the ‘fact-checking’ media attempted to distance a flailing Fauci — whose credibility had been completely shattered by his abysmal Covid response — from the unethical experiments on dogs, the reality is that as leader of the NIAID, Fauci is ultimately responsible for funding decisions.” Fauci Just Canceled $1.8 Million In Grisly Beagle Experiments After Fake Fact-Checkers Lied To Save His Behind
- “A new book offers good advice for impoverished municipalities—if you read past the anti-capitalist bromides.” How to Save a City
HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE
- “Meanwhile, illegal opioids continue to be a bane for our nation.” FDA Temporarily Halts Ban on Juul E-Cigarettes
- “The Supreme Court removes a lot of incompatible ‘plug-ins’ to the law.” SCOTUS 2022: What If They Went All the Way?
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “The asteroid does not fit NASA’s criteria for ‘potentially hazardous asteroid,’ and the object is small enough that it would almost certainly burn up in the atmosphere if it entered Earth’s gravity well” Unexpected Asteroid Passing Really Close By Earth
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- Daniel Greenfield: “Wokeness is the emotional pandemic of people without faith or country.”Identity Politics for People Without Identities
- Christian Toto: “Stars question trans orthodoxy at their own peril, but what happens next?”Macy Gray, Bette Midler Battle to Survive Latest Woke Wave
- “It will take far more than one Supreme Court decision to undo nearly a century of moral decay.” Republicans Must Become a Pro-Family Party After Roe
- “When you’re willing to believe anything, you lose the ability to question everything.” Those Evil White Men
- “Schulz didn’t say who the streamer was, though some of his previous specials were released by Netflix. He said the jokes on the chopping block included one about an abortion clinic he once lived near in New York.” Watch: Comedian Andrew Schulz Says Streamer Wanted to Censor His Special over Backlash Fear and These Searing Abortion Jokes
HITHER & YON
- David Harsanyi: “I know, I’m very late to this, but I need to rant . . .” No Time To Die is Garbage
- “Caan, who died Thursday at age 82, always screamed New York. Having grown up here, he lived and breathed NYC throughout his life, and the five boroughs fed his legendary performances like the Hudson feeds the Atlantic.” James Caan Was the Ultimate New Yorker
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.
Good luck with the move, Mr. Sefton! Go Midwest, Young Man!
Good luck on the move JJ. I am sure there are mixed feelings about having to leave a place you have strong emotional ties to. As always, the efforts that you and CBD put into this are greatly appreciated. Your pursuit of excellence is admirable.