Good morning, kids. Wednesday and in the wake of the junta’s Gestapo-like raid on Mar-a-Lago, the pundits are out there analyzing the fallout. A number of them are prognosticating that this maneuver all but guarantees President Trump will at the very least be the nominee and that what happened makes his re-election in 2024 a lead pipe cinch. It is amazing to me that after all we have witnessed up to and including this revolting episode that people still believe that regular order, elections, and life in general in America goes on as it always has, when in fact the republic as it was, or as we had always imagined it, has fallen and in fact fell a long time ago.
Michael Goodwin, who is a pretty good columnist for the NY Post despite his Trump aversion, wrote a column with what has got to be the most clueless headline imaginable in light of the past 48 hours, and certainly the past five years:
If Dems’ DOJ Doesn’t Have Enough to Convict, Trump Will Be Back in Oval Office
Aww, isn’t he cute? Along with planted, fabricated evidence, they’ll have a DC jury pool along with the junta’s answer to Roland Freisler, Emmett Sullivan, on the bench presiding. That should be more than “enough,” Michael.
In any case, to reiterate, what does it really mean to have elections in the wake of what happened at Mar-a-Lago and really in the wake of 2020? And this is not an acute problem. Electoral fraud happens at every level and has been going on for decades (see 1960 as one example), and when we collectively decide to accept it, then it leads directly to the situation we find ourselves in. We are fallible human beings, and temptation is what it is, but this just crosses the line into something that was unimaginable even just a few years ago. The corruption is so deep and dark that only now are we seeing it. It’s not just in politics but it has seeped into every corner of our society. I know I’ve had this quote from Abraham Lincoln before but it is just so striking in its accuracy that it might very well be our epitaph:
At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide.
In actuality, Lincoln is partially correct insofar as the ideology that infected our society did come from abroad in the form of Marxism which spread thanks to the importation of the acolytes of the Frankfurt School. But evil is evil and we just took Herbert Marcuse’s ball and ran with it on our own.
Let’s look at this corruption in light of the raid. The FBI is, or was, a fabled institution that so many of us believed was staffed with brave, capable, incorruptible crime fighters that kept Americans safe in their homes. From the time we all got a peek up J. Edgar Hoover’s skirt and saw more than a little ankle up until the present day, fools like Andrew McCarthy still claim that it’s staffed by 99% good-guy ham-and-eggers and it’s the political stooges at the top that ruin the image. And yet, you can rail all you want at Christopher Wray and James Comey, but it wasn’t them rifling through Melania’s lingerie drawer.
If the FBI rank and file are such decent, honest, ethical people, surely they’d all have refused to participate, blown the whistle ahead of time and resigned en masse rather than “just follow orders.”
At the very least, I will grant that the average FBI agent while perhaps not necessarily eager to be the tip of the spear in a Gestapo-like illegal raid on the de facto head of the political opposition of a divided nation, is certainly human. They will get along to go along because they know it could just as easily be them rotting away in the Garland Archipelago along with the J6 political prisoners. Don’t get me wrong; I’m damned sure there are agents at the FBI who have orgasmic delight in putting their boots on the neck of average people and you better believe more than just a handful were on the scene ripping Trump’s home apart with gusto. How far we have fallen. Or really how far the insidious bastards who rotted us out from within have dragged us down.
Just to reiterate, it’s not just the FBI. It’s in every department of every agency. Not just law enforcement or national security but everywhere in the bureaucracy which, to remind you (as if I really need to) is in the main unconstitutional in its founding, scope and purview yet is where the real political power resides in this nation.
With multiple agencies weaponized, as we have seen clearly with the DOJ, FBI, and intelligence community, will the IRS pick up low-level enforcement? The FBI can’t arrest all of the regime’s opponents. It doesn’t need to. Enough tax liens, additional payments, and lengthy investigations will subdue most average Americans. The process is the punishment, and the IRS can bankrupt the average family faster than the DOJ bankrupted Gen. Michael Flynn. According to Republicans on the House Oversight Committee, Democrats have vowed to revive their banking surveillance. You may recall that their initial Build Back Better proposal was to audit every banking transaction over $200. Supposedly that is why the IRS needed to double in size in the first place. And the IRS is doubling in size. Manchin and Sinema will obviously cave with the correct incentives. And you should not put anything past Democrats at this point.
Does the raid on Mar-a-Lago mean anything in terms of electoral politics? That depends if you believe that electoral politics is going to mean anything in terms of halting this madness and even having the chance, slim though it might be if we do win and win massively, of starting the process of reversing course. It gets harder and harder with each passing day and each new outrage to believe that voting is a factor. In any case, I don’t think we can necessarily go back to what was. But we can’t lay down and surrender either. Something big is in the wind. Dictators and despots ultimately will fall, but not before leaving millions of people dead in their wake. I hope it never comes to that. I fear it will.
For now, we just have to stay engaged. And enraged.
FYI: Obviously, the Mar-a-Lago story is sucking all the oxygen out of the news but there are some important stories in the links so do take the time to peruse them.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- Michael Anton: “America must sink so the world may rise.” Socialism and the Great Reset
- “When looking at Hungary, Americans find a nation that has not lost its will to fight, its will to preserve itself, and its will to persist for future generations. This is a nation that has repeatedly elected a leader who represents the best of their national values from a young age—one who put his life on the line to fight against communism and liberate his nation as a young student activist.” What Americans Can Learn From Viktor Orbán’s Courage
- “Western policing is on the road to hell, paved with woke intentions.” From Law Enforcers to Woke Enforcers
- “How market globalists, progressives, and jihadists found allies in each other.”Globalization in the Shadow of the Crescent
- “With multiple agencies weaponized, as we have seen clearly with the DOJ, FBI, and intelligence community, will the IRS pick up low-level enforcement? The FBI can’t arrest all of the regime’s opponents. It doesn’t need to. Enough tax liens, additional payments, and lengthy investigations will subdue most average Americans. The process is the punishment, and the IRS can bankrupt the average family faster than the DOJ bankrupted Gen. Michael Flynn. According to Republicans on the House Oversight Committee, Democrats have vowed to revive their banking surveillance. You may recall that their initial Build Back Better proposal was to audit every banking transaction over $200. Supposedly that is why the IRS needed to double in size in the first place. And the IRS is doubling in size. Manchin and Sinema will obviously cave with the correct incentives. And you should not put anything past Democrats at this point.” Do Those 87,000 IRS Agents Look a Little Different This Morning? They Should.
RAID ON MAR-A-LAGO
- “The [so-called quote-unquote “president”] was not briefed, was not aware of it. No one from the White House was given a head’s up,” White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre claimed during the daily briefing on Tuesday. White House Plays Dumb on FBI Raid of Donald Trump’s Home, Defends ‘Independent’ Department of Justice
- Daniel Greenfield: “The Democrats will prosecute their way to victory.” The Mar-a-Lago Raid is a Preview of a Rigged 2024 Election
- Backstabbing, cocksucking fraud who is complicit in our destruction. Mitch McConnell Refuses to Answer Questions on FBI’s Mar-a-Lago Raid
- Robert Spencer: “With this new precedent they have set in the raid on Trump’s home, they have placed the nation on new and dangerous ground. With what is coming next, God help us all.” There Has Been Bitter Acrimony Between Political Camps Before, But the Raid Is Something New
- Miranda Devine: “The demeanor of the three DOJ lawyers who accompanied the FBI was described by one eyewitness as “arrogant,” and they repeatedly told Trump representatives: ‘We have full access to everything. We can go everywhere.’ Despite the sweltering 91 degrees temperature Monday, Trump’s lawyers were forbidden by the feds to shelter inside the cool lobby, or to observe the search in any way, but were left outside in the baking sun near a parking lot.” FBI Searched Melania’s Wardrobe, Spent Hours in Trump’s Private Office During Mar-a-Lago Raid
* * * * *
- “For conservatives, it appears to be an ominous escalation in the use of the apparatus of the state to criminalize opposition.” Unprecedented FBI Raid; Trump Calls It “Weaponization of the Justice System”
- “The FBI is corrupt, this guy Garland goes after parents, he goes after Republican state legislatures, he goes after states he disagrees with their abortion positions, he doesn’t do a damn thing to protect the border, which is compelled by the Constitution. Nothing.” Levin: Raid on Trump’s Home is “Worst Attack on This Republic in Modern History”
- “You have basically guaranteed him the nomination for the Republican Party in 2024, and you’re going to give him a big weapon to go after Joe Biden or, you know, whatever Democrat emerges in 2024 if they don’t convict him.” “You Have Martyred Donald Trump”: CNN Guest Rips Mar-a-Lago Raid
- Bernard Kerik: “Their next move will be assassination. . . ” Former NYPD Commissioner Alleges After FBI Raids Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Home
- David Harsanyi: “If Republicans were doing any of this, Democrats would be calling it authoritarian. And they’d be right.” We Have No Reason to Trust the FBI
* * * * *
- “Sever all ties.” Republican Florida State Rep Calls for the Arrest of FBI Agents
- Margot Cleveland: “Americans do not need to defer to the court that already issued multiple falsified warrants against the former president.” Search Warrant or Not, Americans Have No Reason to Believe the FBI Raid on Trump’s Florida Home Was Justified
- “Bruce Reinhart also repped Jeffrey Epstein’s co-conspirators in sex trafficking case.” Judge Who Signed Trump Warrant Repped Dem Lawmaker Accused of Putting Mistress on Payroll
- “It seems political.” Even Andrew “Out the Ying” Yang Condemns FBI Raid on Mar-a-Lago
- “. . .shouldn’t we have exhibited the same amount of rage and fury for the hundreds and hundreds of ordinary Americans these same thugs have harassed and ruined since 2016? Why did it take a raid on Trump to finally bring that rage to the forefront?” The Democrat Party of Thugs and Goons
* * * * *
- “No wonder Democrats keep bleating loudly about ‘our democracy’ — they know we don’t live in one presently. And this FBI raid is going to make a lot more people aware of it.” FBI Raid On Trump Confirms The Security State Picks Who Americans Are Allowed To Vote For
- “The good news, and I think it is great news, is that at least a third of the country no longer believes they can expect justice from the federal department that bears that name.” Deep State Burns Its Bridges to Get Trump—and Now It’s Fighting for Its Life
- “In an America run by corrupt political dynasties, what happens to the Trump family could happen to you.” Mar-a-Lago Should Become a Byword for Government Overreach
- Isn’t Michael Goodwin cute? Along with planted, fabricated evidence, they’ll have a DC jury pool and Emmett Sullivan on the bench presiding. That should be more than “enough,” Michael. Michael Goodwin: If Dems’ DOJ Doesn’t Have Enough to Convict, Trump Will Be Back in Oval Office
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- “This morning, while traveling with my family, 3 FBI agents visited me and seized my cell phone,” [Rep. Scott] Perry said in a statement. “They made no attempt to contact my lawyer, who would have made arrangements for them to have my phone if that was their wish. I’m outraged — though not surprised — that the FBI under the direction of Merrick Garland’s DOJ, would seize the phone of a sitting Member of Congress.” FBI Confiscates Cell Phone Of Republican Congressman
- “Narrative fail.” (now add on the optics of the Gestapo raid on Mar-a-Lago – jjs) Poll Finds January 6 Committee Has Had No Impact on Public Opinion
* * * * *
- “The IRS is ‘a self-operating inquisitorial body’ that has the means to harass, intimidate, and crush ‘the citizen who falls into its disfavor.'” Piracy Preying on Civilized Society, Not Taxes That Enable It
- “Breaking the results down by party, the survey found that strong majorities of both parties, and independents, believed in a two-tiered justice system.” Nearly 8 In 10 Americans Believe U.S. Has a Two-Tiered Justice System: Survey
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE COURTS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE
- “The Inflation Reduction Act will fund swarms of agents who will harass the American people, and eat out their substance.” Here Come The IRS Shock Troops
- “Our greatest cities are now an embarrassment.” An Angeleno’s Walk of Civic Shame
- “Chicago’s core problem is that it struggles to lure top talent away from coastal superstar cities.” The Semi-Elite City
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “Dutch farmers are fighting for nothing less than the survival of modern agriculture as such.”The Green War on Dutch Farmers Should Concern Everybody
LOCKDOWN 2: MONKEY POX MONKEY BUSINESS BOOGALOO???
- “Moderna exploring the possibility of creating an mRNA monkeypox vaccine.” Biden Junta Approves New Injection Method for Monkeypox Vaccine to Stretch Supplies
- “That such a bizarre illness could provoke such risible rhetorical and mental gymnastics by our elite institutions to stick to the narrative proves how successful its crafters have been.”Monkey Business on Monkeypox
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- Robert Spencer: “It’s all going according to plan.” Biden’s Handlers Released 324 Unvetted Afghan Evacuees on Terror Watchlist Into the U.S.
- “The border crisis will get worse.” DHS Ending Trump’s ‘Remain in Mexico’ Policy
- “I am deeply contemplating taking a busload of New Yorkers to go to Texas and do some good ol’ fashion door knocking,” Adams said, “because we have to — for the good of America, we have to get him [Abbott] out of office.” Eric Adams Threatens to Send Busloads of New Yorkers To Texas
- Most recently, Bowser asked Biden to activate the D.C. National Guard, a request that was rejected by his Pentagon. A recent report detailed how Biden is concerned about “the optics” of Democrat mayors like Bowser suddenly opposing illegal immigration. Democrat Mayor Bowser, Now Opposing Migrant Buses, Longtime Supporter of D.C. Sanctuary City Policy
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- Former detective: “I wouldn’t really encourage that many people to take this job anymore.”NYPD Cops Quitting Before They Qualify for Pensions: Leaders Are “Putting Victims and Police in Jeopardy”
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “. . .to refer to the baby’s death using the lingo pushed by abortion groups, as a ‘self-managed abortion.'” She Allegedly Aborted, Burned And Buried Her Baby. Here’s How Media Covered It.
- “Councilman Steve Knoblock wrote and proposed the resolution that recognized life beginning at conception and stood ‘firmly against’ Planned Parenthood and other abortion clinics having a presence in the city of nearly 65,000 people. The resolution met immediate backlash from abortion rights supporters in the city and even from the Republican mayor, Gene James, who initially seconded the motion to draft the resolution.” Majority-Republican City Council Slashes “Sanctuary For Life” Resolution After Backlash
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “I just wanted to give a little reassurance that here in the state of Florida, there are school board members that are woke. We’re here,” Edwards said in the video. “And we’re working. We have your backs…And we’re working in the best strategic spot because we’re on the inside.” (fire, with extreme prejudice – jjs) Florida School Board Member Brags About Promoting Woke Ideology “From the Inside”
- “Looking for a gay, Asian-American pencil-seller? Princeton has you covered.” Princeton Introduces ‘Diversity’ Search Filter for University Vendors
- “Identify the medically accurate names of external body parts including the genitals.”Proposed Elementary School Curriculum in Wisconsin District Includes Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation
- “Leaving universities firmly in the hands of the enemy while young conservatives reduce their chances of achieving the American dream is not the path forward.”(maybe it’s time to rethink the nature of that dream and how to achieve it – jjs) Stop Telling Conservative Teens to Not Go To College
SHAMPEACHMENT 1.0, 2016 CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- Margot Cleveland: “Fani Willis’ own court filings against President Trump, Sen. Lindsey Graham, and other Republicans reveal her investigation is a sham because its ‘central focus’ rests on a lie.” Georgia Prosecutor Targeting Trump Bases Court Filing On Fake News
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “Using the ‘as a Jew’ accusation against the Jewish State.” Jews at CUNY Call for the Destruction of Israel
- “Then why is Israel pilloried in that same media?” Mohamed Hadid: “Zionists Control the World”
TUESDAY PRIMARY RESULTS
- “Candidates endorsed by former President Donald J. Trump had another immaculate night in statewide and federal races Tuesday, just a day after the Federal Bureau of Investigation raided Mar-a-Lago. His endorsement record now stands at 192-11.” Trump-Backed Candidates Sweep Board Day After FBI Raids Mar-a-Lago
- “Michels, who was endorsed by former President Donald Trump, beat out former Lt. Governor Rebecca Kleefisch, as well as State Assemblyman Tim Ramthun.” Trump-Backed Construction Executive Tim Michels Wins Wisconsin Governor Primary
- “Omar’s victory was slim, collecting just 50.5% of the casted votes against Samuels’ 48% in the four-way race with nearly 100% of votes counted.” Bro-Fo Omar/Nur/Burqawitz/Ikeeelyou Barely Survives Primary Challenge From “Centrist” Dem
- “Mandela Barnes’s record to be tested as Republicans home in on anti-police rhetoric, personal issues.” Far-Left Wisconsin Dem Clinches Senate Nom
- “This guy though . . . ” WATCH: Takes Biden All of 5 Seconds to Forget He Shook Hands With Schumer
- At the end of his brief remarks, Biden turned to Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear and asked him, “Am I supposed to introduce you guys?” Biden: “God Knows What Else” is in the Democrats’ “Inflation Reduction Act”
- “Just 38 percent of voters in Pennsylvania’s Eighth Congressional District back Biden.” From ‘Scranton Joe’ to ‘Scranton No’: Biden’s Approval Rating Plummets in Home District
- “This Politico article shows that Republicans are beginning their poaching phase of the campaign — targeting congressional districts that, in ordinary times, they wouldn’t have a prayer of winning.” As Democrats Celebrate Biden ‘Wins,’ More Blue House Seats Become Competitive
- “After what the Democrats have done, only Trump’s return to the White House will clean the Augean Stables and reassure Americans about the system’s integrity.” Donald Trump Must Be The 2024 Republican Nominee
- Jeffrey Lord: “A straw poll win illustrates his obvious popularity.” Trump’s CPAC Triumph
- “When are Senate Republicans going to realize McConnell is cooked?” Mitch, Stitched Up
- Proxy voting, which means that one member of the House can cast a vote on behalf on an absent member, started in May 2020, and Pelosi has extended it multiple times, citing “the public health emergency due to the novel coronavirus.” The proxy-voting period would have ended Aug. 12 had Pelosi not extended it to Sept. 26. Malig-Nancy Pelosi Prolongs Proxy Voting as Chinese COVID Cases Trend Downward
- “Winning Jobs Narrative Project says Dems should ‘realize progressive Twitter isn’t real life.'”Progressive Pollster Finds That People Oppose Progressive Policies
- “Will that hefty Trump endorsement come in time?” Joe Kent’s Big Win Prompts Establishment Backlash Against Anthony Sabatini
- “The Inflation Reduction Act is merely the latest in a ‘long train of abuses and usurpations’ over the last dozen years or so.” Will a New Republican Era Emerge from the Democrats’ Wreckage?
- “If you want to make America great again, or, for that matter, if you want to just make America affordable again, it’s not a difficult choice.” What to Expect If the 2024 Election Is Trump vs. Newsom
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “Pelosi’s remarks come after she visited Taiwan last week, which triggered days of intense Chinese military drills that encircled the island.” Malig-Nancy Pelosi Blasted After Calling China “One of the Freest Societies in the World”
- The IDF: “The senior leadership of Islamic Jihad in Gaza, responsible for hundreds of attacks and rockets fired towards the Israeli Homefront, was eliminated during the operation.”Israel: IDF Winds Down Operation “Breaking Dawn” After Decimating Palestinian Islamic Jihad Leadership
- “Pelosi’s visit to Taiwan has revealed Biden’s weakness and China’s strength.” Nancy’s Excellent Adventure
- “It can deter China from forcibly taking Taiwan.” Fear Is the Best Weapon Against China
- “It is time to dust off the strategic maps of the early 1950s and place them on the walls of Pentagon and State Department offices.” It’s Time for a 21st Century NSC-68
- “Israel gets serious and Iran gets out of the way.” Why Did the Islamic Jihad Agree to a Ceasefire So Quickly?
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “[DOJ] indicted Abouammo, alongside two others, on July 28, 2020, for using his position at Twitter to acquire information about Twitter users, which he then passed onto the Saudi Royal Family, in exchange for gifts ranging from a $20,000 watch to $100,000 wire transfers, the indictment states.” Twitter Employee Found Guilty Of Spying For Saudi Arabia
HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE
- “All in all, the Democrats’ Medicare Part D redesign could likely lead to a reduction in supplemental benefits for Medicare Part D recipients, or American seniors.” ‘War on Seniors’: Democrats to Cut Seniors’ Prescription Drug Benefits Ahead of Midterms
- Dr. Lyn Olsen: “Our health care system is on life support, afflicted by the diseases of greed, incompetence, immorality, selfishness, politicization, and loss of good sense and ethics.”The Nightmare that Health Care Became
- Betsy McCaughey: Beware when they claim ending life is “immensely complex” and appropriately left to experts, as they said about Archie. The Hippocratic Oath, though somewhat out of fashion, spells out what a doctor should do: “Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death,” it declares. “Above all, I must not play at God.”Hospitals — And Courts — Must Defer to Families on Life-and-Death Decisions
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “The problem is only going to get worse, as this junk will be in orbit for quite some time.”Debris From Russian Anti-Sat Test Causing Numerous Near-Starlink Collisions
- “Capitalism in space: Because the Russian invasion of the Ukraine, Northrop Grumman yesterday announced that it has signed a deal with the rocket startup Firefly to replace the Russian engines and Ukrainian-built first stages on its Antares rocket.” Northrop Grumman Partners With Firefly to Make Antares Entirely US Made
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “The quicksand that pulls vulnerable people deeper into transition, even when they know it’s wrong for them.” Gender Transition and the Sunk Cost Fallacy
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- Dennis Prager: “The secular brainwash is the first reason.” Why Are So Many Young Americans Irreligious?
- “Two woke productions, Batgirl and First Kill, get the ax.” Batted Batgirl and Voided Vampires
- Christian Toto: “Stand-ups must avoid stereotypes, punching down among new ‘rules.'” Woke USA Today Gives Unfunny Lecture on Modern Comedy
- “Two new studies plumb Facebook’s data to find the hidden drivers of socioeconomic status.”The Secret to Upward Mobility
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.