Good morning, kids. Monday, and while the Gestapo-like raid on Mar-a-Lago still dominates the news, a couple of stories that occurred over the weekend frame it rather fittingly. First, Salman Rushdie, the author of the book The Satanic Verses was stabbed multiple times at an event in upstate New York and remains in grave condition. Published in 1988, the book caused much of the Islamic world to lose whatever of its mind it hadn’t lost in the previous 1,300 years with the Ayatollah Khomeini issuing a fatwa on him, the Muslim version of what’s commonly known as “putting out a contract” on someone. To many, in the obtuse up-talk Valley Girl lingo of Obama mouthpiece Tommy Vietor “1988, that’s like a million years ago, dude!” Not to these barbarians, dude. The goal of achieving paradise on earth via conquest and subjugation, as well as silencing by any means necessary (heh) enemies, heretics and unbelievers is eternal. No matter how long it takes and wherever you may go, you’re forever in the crosshairs. Sound familiar?
While Rushdie himself is not exactly a likable guy, mostly because of his antipathy towards Britain, which protected him at great expense for decades, as well as his antipathy to this country, he has somewhat ironically become a symbol of free speech.
“The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible.”
“If you’re offended, it’s your problem.”
“Free speech is the whole thing, the whole ball game. Free speech is life itself.”
Absolutely 1,000 % right on. And now, Salman Rushdie is on a ventilator after getting ventilated by a man who was born nine years after his “blasphemous” book was published.
Take away the fancy calligraphy, the pseudo-religious trappings, substitute the beliefs of Marx and Engels for Mohammed and you have today’s leftists. Just like this fatwa fan-boy, someone like Alexandria “Titty Caca” Ocasio-Cortez was born and came of age decades after the real societal upheavals brought about by the Industrial Revolution and Great Depression that added the fuel to the fire of the American socialist movement. In fact, the America she was born into was the absolute negation of everything Marx and Engels proclaimed. She was a school kid but she no doubt saw the Soviet Union itself come to an end and the Berlin Wall dismantled. Yet there she is, representative of her generation and perhaps upwards of a third of the nation, spouting and believing utterly stupid, but nevertheless dangerous drivel.
Nowadays, to refute or even laugh at someone like her is to face retribution that can range from banning in media to losing one’s job, or even worse. That brings me to the second story that frames the Mar-a-Lago incident, which is the House passing the Orwellian “Inflation Reduction Act” that principally helps destroy our economy with Green New Deal crap but notably expands the IRS to a size larger than the Marine Corps and gives the newly formed cadres the power to use deadly force. No, it’s not about audits. It’s about punishing the average American citizen who dares go against this junta. It will take a few years for this to really get going but even if the GOP is swept into power this November and in ’24, Dao-Min Yen notwithstanding, will they have the stones as well as the veto-proof majority to repeal this law? The Obamacare repeal kabuki-bukkake theatrics does not exactly fill me with strength and confidence.
But we’re getting ahead of ourselves and into the weeds. The broader picture remains insofar as these criminals in power have indeed, as friend and friend of the blog Michael Walsh states, crossed the Rubicon with this raid on President Trump.
It’s [a] step of breathtaking audacity, but hardly surprising. Not for nothing is the Democrats’ unofficial motto “by any means necessary.” Since the days of Burr and Jefferson Davis and John Wilkes Booth, violence has always lurked just below the surface of their “higher” patriotism. Indeed, as the Sixties exemplified, it’s part of their appeal. “The worst are full of passionate intensity,” wrote William Butler Years in his widely quoted poem, The Second Coming, written in 1919. “Surely, the Second Coming is at hand. . .”
. . . The key to understand the Left, pretty much from Rousseau on, is that they believe in an “arc of history,” which amazingly bends toward their preferred transient policy prescriptions in the here and now. It’s a kind of misplaced messianism, with an imminent savior ready to descend to earth to establish a new kingdom of heaven, one in which they will witness the destruction of their enemies, and over which they will rule for ever and ever, amen. “The country is on fire,” Trump reportedly wrote to Garland in a message sent after the raid. “What can I do to reduce the heat?”
The answer, of course, is: nothing. . .
. . .they know their fingernail-hold on power can all disappear this fall, and the specter of an enraged Trumpzilla returning to stomp them into matchsticks in 2024 absolutely terrifies them. As it should.
Like Caesar, they’re playing for keeps now. Either they complete their overthrow of the Republic or, in Ben Franklin’s memorable phrase, they’ll all hang together. The die is cast: “by any means necessary”? You ain’t seen nothing yet.
As you may know, Walsh is not a supporter of Trump running in ’24. But with this column, I think he recognizes that the issue is no longer Trump. This unwarranted, illegal raid, whatever the intent by the junta in going after him, is yet another crossing of a bright red line into uncharted and dangerous territory. Uncharted insofar as our history, yet we have seen this time and again throughout history, especially in the 20th century. If you think things were already “interesting” per the Chinese proverb, I refer you to Walsh’s last line.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- “From the end of [Chinese] Covid restrictions to Elon Musk’s Twitter bid to the Dobbs ruling, startling developments threaten progressives’ grip on power.” The Elite Panic of 2022
- Michael Walsh: “Biden, Garland, and the Democrats cross the Rubicon. . . Like Caesar, they’re playing for keeps now. Either they complete their overthrow of the Republic or, in Ben Franklin’s memorable phrase, they’ll all hang together. The die is cast: ‘by any means necessary?’ You ain’t seen nothing yet.” Alea Iacta Est
- Victor Davis Hanson: “Is the attorney general disingenuous or simply naïve?” Why Merrick Garland Is Losing the People
- Horowitz & Perazzo: “How the IRS abuses taxpayer dollars to advance leftwing causes illegally and unconstitutionally.” Internal Radical Service
- Karol Markowicz: “No one has been fired for this dereliction of duty. No one has even been openly chastised for allowing a special-interest group to control our health-care policy. This alone is why the CDC must go.” Too Little, Too Late: Disband the CDC Now
- Daniel Greenfield: “Leftists import bigoted killers and blame ‘Islamophobia.’” An Afghan Muslim Refugee Carried Out America’s Worst Islamophobic Killings
RAID ON MAR-A-LAGO
- “The FBI search warrant obtained by The Federalist authorizes confiscation of every record Trump ever saw as president.” FBI Raid Warrant Demanded Seizure Of Literally Any Record Trump Ever Saw During 4-Year Presidential Term
- “The claim, reported by Fox News, raises new questions about the DOJ’s tactics, as well as doubts about whether the DOJ would be able to use any of the seized materials in a hypothetical prosecution of the former president.” (in a lawless junta, all bets are off – jjs)Trump Raid: DOJ Allegedly Seized Privileged Attorney-Client Materials
- “The FBI raid on Trump’s home isn’t just about prosecuting the former president for Jan. 6, it’s about fixing the next presidential election.” The 2024 Election Is Being Rigged Right Now In Plain Sight
- “What police sirens blaring outside Mar-a-Lago really mean.” American Stasi
- “Could this whole thing be the DOJ trying to clean up their tracks to find the receipts? Because I’m going to say it right now, I’d totally believe that President Trump would not trust the same DOJ that had been spying on him, wouldn’t trust the FBI, and would say, ‘sure, I’ll send you guys a copy of the documents,’ but did he keep a copy for himself,’ he added.” Jack Posobiec: “You’re Going to See a Fight” if FBI Trump Raid Is Spygate Coverup
- “Sources told Fox News that Trump’s team was informed that boxes labeled A-14, A-26, A-43, A-13, and A-33 as well as a set of documents, all of which were itemized on the FBI’s property receipt, contained information covered by attorney-client privilege and that some records could be covered by executive privilege. And we’re supposed to believe this wasn’t a fishing expedition?” Is This Proof the Mar-a-Lago Raid Was a Fishing Expedition?
* * * * *
- “Schiff’s statement came after host Margaret Brennan asked him why the Department of Justice waited so long retrieve potentially classified documents from Trump, referencing the FBI raid on the former president’s property on Monday, as seen in a clip on Twitter.” ‘I Don’t Know’: Schiff-for-Brains Can’t Explain Why DoJ Took So Long To Retrieve Documents From Trump
- ”We do not interfere, we do not get briefed,” Jean-Pierre stated. “The Department of Justice—again when it comes to law enforcement matters it is independent—complete independence—and I’m just not going to comment on that…because we’re going to let Merrick Garland speak for himself.” Damage Control: Karine Jean-Pierre Denies FBI Raid Was Politicized
- Sorry, but I cannot just “deal with it.” Yes, They’re Going to Arrest Donald Trump. Deal With It.
- “Self-awareness is not one of the Cheneys’ strengths.” Have the Cheneys Forgotten the Deep State Hit on Scooter Libby?
- “We must be prepared for anything in the years ahead, and we must use every ounce of power at our disposal to punish and defang the wrongdoers responsible for this descent into Third World behavior.” Prosecutorial Indiscretion
- “The American people are wondering where all this will end, and it would be good to know if the Biden [junta] has thought this one through.” Understanding the Legal Processes Behind the Raid and Where its Headed
- Miranda Devine: “He makes no secret of the fact that he despises Trump voters, too, all 74,223,369 of them. His unusual malice — fueled by Trump-deranged historians he keeps inviting for endless “Socratic dialogues” in the White House — has had a corrosive effect on America.” Spokin’ Joe is Wheely Spiteful
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- “By taking political sides, the Bureau violated both the Constitution and the peoples’ trust.”Defund The FBI!
- “If the FBI is not reformed, then the ‘death of peoples’ is at hand, and all that will remain is the state.” The FBI, the State, and the Death of Peoples
- “Fecundo Maximorojo en el lugar del Infierno.” Fecundo on Location in Hell
- Margot Cleveland: “Why is Christopher Wray more concerned about criticism than Americans’ complete distrust of his corrupt agency.” FBI Director Calls Legit Criticism Of Corrupt FBI ‘Violence,’ But We Weren’t Born Yesterday
- “In the coal mine, the loss of the canary was a warning, a beacon to everyone else around. It warned them of the danger that could quickly defeat them as well if they didn’t act with urgency. Since November 2020, has the Republican Party acted with urgency?” President Trump is Our “Canary in the Coal Mine”
- Lloyd Billingsley: “For carrying a ‘large wooden stick’ on January 6 — and for things the ex-officer said and believed.” Former Police Officer Gets 7 Years in Prison in Jan. 6 Case
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “The next food insecurity problem that may impact the way Americans eat could be an emerging potato shortage that began last year when yields were depressed due to a heatwave, according to Boise State Public Radio.” Potato Shortage Emerges in Idaho as Prices Surge at Supermarkets
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE COURTS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE
- “Even mayors of sanctuary cities are starting to complain.” Biden Puts IRS Funding Ahead of Military and Border Security
- “Even worse than you think. . . So, this cynical mischief isn’t, ahem, the end of the world. But it is a very unwelcome development. And an even worse sign of what our republic has come.” About That “Inflation Reduction Act . . . “
- Random act of Journalism in questioning White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre: “Isn’t it almost Orwellian? How can you call it the Inflation Reduction Act when the nonpartisan experts say it’s not gonna bring inflation down?” ABC’s Jonathan Karl: Isn’t Name Of Inflation Reduction Act “Almost Orwellian” Since It’s “Not Gonna Bring Inflation Down?”
- “The news comes after high-ranking Biden administration officials, including Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen and Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre, assured Americans that the IRS would not increase audits of people earning under $400,000. The Inflation Reduction Act, which on Sunday passed the Senate, allows the IRS to hire up to 87,000 new agents, making it larger than the Pentagon, the State Department, the FBI, and the Border Control combined. Democrats shut down an amendment that would have prevented agents from increasing audits on middle- and low-income Americans.” Report: Congressional Budget Office Contradicts White House on IRS Expansion Bill
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “Doing just fine for the past 2,000 years, thanks.” A Bit of Climate History
- “Radical environmentalists fight against the very technologies that would cut carbon emissions.” The Green War on Clean Energy
- “If the climate alarmists truly believe there is a climate emergency, then they should be able to solve this one.” The Basic Math Problem that Undoes Global Warming Hysteria
AMERICA, AND THE WORLD, IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, Dr. Martin Kulldorff, and other scientists have joined the lawsuit alleging the (CDC) and (DHS) worked with Big Tech to censor Americans discussing [Chinese] COVID.” Great Barrington Declaration Scientists Join Missouri, Louisiana in Lawsuit Against Biden Junta for Censoring Chinese COVID Facts
- “No one in the Big Pharma-sponsored media seems to have picked up on this. Strange, huh?”Dr. Birx Book: Pharma Companies Responsible for ‘Thousands’ of Deaths During Chinese COVID Peak
- Lloyd Billingsley: “Biden’s white coat supremacist now wants you to accept him as lord and savior.” Faucimentalism
- “When faced with choosing the truth versus political peer pressure, the right answer is always to go with the truth. To do otherwise is to fail ethically, scientifically, and personally.” Pushback: Blacklisted Doctors Join Lawsuit Against Biden Junta Chinese COVID Censorship
LOCKDOWN 2: MONKEY POX MONKEY BUSINESS BOOGALOO???
- Brian C. Joondeph, M.D.: “Is monkeypox truly a public health emergency or simply a convenient distraction from inflation, recession, open borders, and a rogue FBI and DOJ?”Monkeypoxing Around With “Don’t Say Gay”
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “Instead of whining about how ‘inhumane’ Abbott’s bus program is, they might want to bring the problem to Joe Biden’s office instead.” If Texas Border Towns Can Handle Surge of Illegal Aliens, Why Can’t New York City?
- “The first large migrant group crossed the Rio Grande near Normandy, Texas, 20 miles north of Eagle Pass. The group of nearly 300 migrants, mostly single adults, surrendered to Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) Highway Patrol troopers and Border Patrol agents. Some members of the migrant group waited for nearly four hours to be transported to a nearby processing center.” 700 Migrants Cross in Five Hours at Texas Border Town
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “The man has been identified as 29-year-old Richard A. York III of Delaware, according to an updated press release from the Capitol Police. “It is still not clear why he chose to drive to the Capitol Complex,” authorities said. Man Fatally Shoots Himself After Ramming Into U.S. Capitol Barrier
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- Roger Kimball: “David Brooks is very worried the FBI’s raid of Mar-a-Lago helps Trump.” A Token of the Managerial Age Bewails Trump’s Surge
- “An inept attempt to tar Arizona U.S. Senate candidate Blake Masters with guilt by association underscores how lame political reporting has become. ” Rolling Stone Sinks”
- “It was the best of ratings, it was the worst of ratings.” A Tale Of Two TV Hosts
- “It can be frustrating engaging in a discussion where facts are denied or distorted. Climate change is one topic that invites such a discussion.” Talking Climate Change with Science-Deniers, Distorters, and Sound-Biters
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “The Biden [junta] seeks to impose a radical ideology on campuses.” Ending Due Process
- When did ‘no evidence’ stop public schools from keeping children on a leash? Philadelphia School District Didn’t Get the CDC Memo on Masks
- Robert Spencer: “If you have surveyed the contemporary scene . . . you might reasonably conclude that the biggest problem is nation faces today is white males such as Biden and his henchmen, who are clearly angry with the American people and want them to suffer. But those angry white males are not, needless to say, the ones this KU course is all about.”University of Kansas Tackles the Great Problem of Our Age, Offers “Angry White Male Studies”
THE 2020 ELECTION HEIST AND AFTERMATH
- “We have roughly 10 weeks until the red wave comes to enema the commies out of office. Don’t be surprised if the Democrats unleash waves of killer zombie squirrels.” Polio or Monkeypox: Which Virus Will the Left Use to Save Drop Boxes in November?
- Larry Elder: “Where is the concern about ‘election deniers’ when the Left cries foul?” What About Democrats Who “Deny Elections?”
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “While there is no doubt that crimes were committed and apparently covered up by the SBC, the Department of Justice seems to be very selective in how it is performing its duties. Whether it is sending a message or securing a future for our political elites, the application of justice is becoming more fluid every day.” What’s the Real Reason the DOJ Is Investigating the Southern Baptist Convention?
- “Christian athletes risk their livelihoods — by opposing LGBTQ ‘Pride.'” Conform or Else
DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- “Failed university pageant contestant now running against winner of Miss Ohio pageant.”Ohio Dem Emilia Sykes Sued Her School After She Lost a University Beauty Pageant
- “The FBI raid on Trump’s estate has increased the chances of a red wave in November.” The Mar-a-Lago Wave
- “In the not too distant future, Americans may well find themselves thanking Mr. Trump not once, but perhaps three or even four times.” Should Trump Run in 2024?
- “The future of the party can only have one leader, and we’d best not dispense with our best fighter.” GOP Needs to Get Rid of McConnell, Not Trump
- “John Fetterman is often the sole Pennsylvania Board of Pardons member to vote for freeing murderers.” (maybe the Oz team has a shot at a Willie Horton redux? – jjs) Dem Senate Candidate Voted To Free Convicted Murderer Who Killed 18-Year-Old for Heroin Money
- “The gloves are off.” Christina Pushaw Resigns To Join DeSantis Campaign
- “Elizabeth Warren slams disgusting misogyny of Democratic voters.” (yava deeva-deeva, yava dava deeva deeva dumb – jjs) Pocahontas: If I ‘Had a Penis’ I’d Be President
- In a tweet on Saturday, Franken, one of the few #MeToo offenders to have photographic evidence presented against him, said that his support of the embattled Liz Cheny will “carry a lot of weight” with Wyoming Republicans, even though the state’s Republican party no longer recognizes her as a member in good standing. No-Talent Pervert Scumbag Midget Al Franken Endorses Liz-ard Cheney in Wyoming Primary
- “Off the record, he’s not running again.” Democrat Rep. Maloney Throws Cold Water on Biden’s 2024 Prospects
THE UKRAINIAN “FRONT”
- “A Russian diplomat warned that if his country is declared a state sponsor of terrorism, it could not only harm US-Russo relations but potentially sever them completely.” Russia Says It May Sever US Relations If Declared Terrorism Sponsor
- “For Putin it’s absolutely impossible to end the war — leaving Ukraine without victory means admitting defeat, which his own comrades-in-arms will not forgive. If Putin cannot end the war, then the war must end Putin.” What is In Store for Russia?
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- Robert Spencer: “The Biden [junta] has had an ugly authoritarian edge ever since it came to power, and now Old Joe is posturing over the stabbing of Salman Rushdie as a champion of the freedom of speech? As he memorably said to Donald Trump during one of their debates, ‘Why don’t you shut up, man?’ Just when it seems as if this [junta] can’t possibly get more self-righteous, cynical, self-serving, hypocritical, unctuous, and deceptive, it keeps hitting new lows.” Biden Finally Makes Statement on Rushdie Stabbing, and It’s Even Worse Than You’d Expect
- Robert Spencer Part Deux: “So much of the news today involves avoidance of the obvious.”Salman Rushdie Stabbed, Authorities and Media Search for Motive
- “A brutal stabbing at an interfaith community.” Iran’s Deadly Fatwa Catches Up With Salman Rushdie at Irenic Chautauqua
- Iranian newspaper Kayhan: “Bravo to brave Muslim who gave the apostate his due.” Iranian Media Hails Stabbing of Salman Rushdie, Condemned by Khomeini’s 1989 Death Fatwa
- “The fact that Salman Rushdie was stabbed at Chautauqua is perversely and tragically ironic.” The Tragic Irony of the Rushdie Stabbing at Chautauqua
- David Harsanyi: “When Iran isn’t destabilizing the Middle East through proxies or blowing up Jewish centers in Argentina or intimidating American voters or plotting to kill former American officials or murdering over 600 U.S. soldiers in Iraq, they are funding bounties against innocent writers.” Rushdie Stabbing Reminds Us That Iran Is Still World’s Leading Terror State
- “He was assaulted by an enemy of free speech while about to speak in defense of free speech, a principle of which he has been a staunch and brave supporter.” The Rushdie Attack
- “We can only hope that as a result of this shocking crime, some Westerners who’ve carefully toed the Muslim line on free speech will rediscover their voices and learn a long-overdue lesson in courage.” Finally, Rushdie
* * * * *
- “A top German official is predicting energy rationing riots that will make anti-lockdown unrest look like a ‘children’s birthday party’ in comparison.” An Alarming Prediction
- “The shooting occurred less than one week after a truce regarding rocket strikes between Israel and Palestinians in Gaza. The strikes occurred as part of a crackdown by Israel on members of the terrorist group Palestinian Islamic Jihad. The exchange included numerous rockets fired at Israel from the Gaza Strip.” Americans Among 8 Injured In Jerusalem Shooting
- “Will the Jihad ensue?” Hamas Counts Its Gains After Operation Breaking Dawn
- “. . . And what will Israel do about it?” Who Will Succeed Mahmoud Abbas as the Palestinian President?
- “The visit came following Markey’s visit to South Korea to reaffirm the U.S.-South Korean Alliance. Markey met with South Korean President Yoon Suk-yeol and other national leaders earlier Sunday in South Korea before arriving in Taiwan on a separate flight to join the other U.S. lawmakers.” U.S. Lawmakers Make Unannounced Taiwan Visit Following Malig-Nancy Pelosi’s Trip
- “Its secularist pols move to ban prayer vigils at abortion facilities.” The Death of Catholic Ireland
- “Libya’s last roll of the dice.” Ten Years After a Revolution
BIDEN AFGHANISTAN BUG-OUT DISASTER
- “ The [so-called quote-unquote “president”] thought he knew better. And he was very defiant and rejected all of their advice. And then he presented a false narrative to the American people to which I find very disturbing. He said: My choice is get out now, or have to put thousands of American troops back in here to fight the Taliban and take casualties doing that,” [Jack] Keane said. Ex-General Says Afghanistan Pullout Puts US “Back Where We Started” 20 Years Ago
- “I would love if somehow my President (you Mr. Trump) could be present as i lay my Beautiful baby boy Lance Cpl. Kareem Nikoui to rest. t would be such an honor to meet the real President of the United States of America, President Trump,” she continued. “I love you and America loves you.” Brother of Marine Killed In Afghanistan Withdrawal Dies By Suicide During Memorial Service
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “Carnegie employed at least 20 CCP members while [William] Burns was president, four of whom were brought on during his tenure.” (but Trump is a threat to national security, right? – jjs) Biden’s CIA Director Employed Chinese Communist Party Members While Heading Elite DC Think Tank
HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE
- “If the chemical imbalance hypothesis is wrong, we need to reconnect with the source of contentment.” Defining Depression
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “Kamala Harris announced this new regulatory effort, outlined in this strategy document [pdf], and added that it will be led by the National Space Council, despite the fact that the FCC scooped her by a full week in announcing it.” Biden Junta to Formulate New Regulations Governing In-Space Commercial Activities
- “A professional software hacker not only recently succeeded in hacking the terminals SpaceX sells customers to use its Starlink satellite internet service, he first got a bounty from SpaceX for doing so, then made his technique freely available on the web for everyone else.” Professional Software Hacker Demonstrates How to Hack Starlink Terminals
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “The new regs will affect sexual harassment claims and gender identity issues.” Biden’s Title IX Rules Revision Will Cause More College Chaos
- “. . . some parents, particularly mothers, seem to be whole-heartedly embracing the idea that their children are fully capable of deciding what sex they are — and some even encourage such behavior, as evidenced by recent news stories.” Mothers Pushing Transgenderism on Children Seek “Mama Bear Crusade”
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “Latest reports suggest Rushdie is on the road to recovery, and if his attacker was motivated by the fatwa, well, it appears that he manage to spark renewed interest in his victim’s novel.” Attack on Rushdie Sends Novel The Satanic Verses Up the Charts
- “Alas, the woke NBA will never honor the immensely likable Wilt Chamberlain for his openly conservative politics.” NBA Retires Russell’s No. 6 — But What About Wilt’s No. 13?
- So far, American Express has spent funds on social justice nonprofits, “BIPOC businesses in Canada,” events that refer to Hispanic Americans as “Latinx,” and LGBT sites in New York City. The report also touts the company’s launch of “ByBlack,” a platform that checks whether a business is majority-owned by black people. American Express Pledges Billions Toward ‘Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion’
- Christian Toto: “HBO’s Real Time star mocks Leguizamo for cultural appropriation comments.” Bill Maher Defends Acting (Because Actors Are Afraid to Do So)
- “Stop trans-ing the dead!” Twittersphere Blows Up Over Shakespearean Theatre’s Take on Joan of Arc
HITHER & YON
- “Better Call Saul takes its final lap.” Tragic, Cautionary—and Thrilling
- “Japan’s surrender created historical echoes that resound even today.” August 1945: “An Eventful Month in World History”
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.