Good morning, kids. Before getting to the lead story, I want to Psaki-psircle back to the situation in China. Last week’s article on the imminent collapse of that nation’s housing market led me to speculate that it could be the possible spark leading Emperor Pooh Xi to attempt to engulf and devour Taiwan. It’s no secret that that’s his goal, except things like Evergrande tanking could screw up his timetable. Just as the junta in Argentina calculated back in 1982, a war could be just the tonic to distract the people from a collapsing economy and so, the Falklands. Look what happened to that junta and look what’s happening to the Russians (so far). For sure, the Argentine military and even the Russian army don’t come close to the vaunted status of the PLA, but the question remains of both preparedness and above all morale of the troops. With that longer-than-desired preamble we have two stories that perhaps put things in a more interesting perspective.
“China’s record-breaking heatwave began in mid-June and has since caused much of the country’s central and southern regions to experience drought conditions.”
Second, and quite eyebrow-raising: Beijing Imposes Vaccine Mandate, Backs Down and Cancels After 48 Hours Due to Public Outrage
“This must be a first in communist China. Is Xi nervous about the pending 20th Party Congress, where he hopes to ratify his plan to become dictator for life?”
A couple of observations. First, any news that comes out of China must be taken with a fairly large grain of salt, considering that the media is heavily censored as well as totally controlled by the government (sounds familiar, right?). That said, even a totalitarian regime like the PRC can’t control everything and sometimes the truth does come out, as is the case with the drought and the crashing housing market. As for the government backing down in Beijing over mandates, my gut tells me this is not only true, but it is revealing about the mood of the people not just in the capital city but throughout that country.
Second, even Xi and his minions are not infallible. We only have the barometer of our own horrendous bureaucrats and politicians to go by, but human nature is what it is as is history. Did anyone ever expect the Soviet Union to collapse like a wet blini when it did? That’s not to say that Xi and his ilk are in imminent danger of being ousted and Red China going the way of the Berlin Wall. But China today is not the China of 1989. Tiananmen Square was big and shocking enough, and yet the tanks eventually rolled over that unknown man and many thousands of others just like him. Yet here and now, all of these developments still lead me to believe that perhaps the Chi-Coms are heading for some “interesting times” of their own.
In the wake of the FBI raid on Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home in Florida, White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre insisted multiple times that no one in the White House (from Joe Biden all the way down) had any role in the investigation of Trump or knew about the raid. They used the Obama administration’s go-to talking point that they only heard about it through the media.
But, according to memos obtained by Just the News, the Biden White House worked directly with the Justice Department and National Archives to launch the criminal investigation into Trump’s alleged mishandling of classified documents and deny Trump’s claims of executive privilege.
The memos show then-White House Deputy Counsel Jonathan Su was engaged in conversations with the FBI, DOJ and National Archives as early as April, shortly after 15 boxes of classified and other materials were voluntarily returned to the federal historical agency from Trump’s Florida home.
By May, Su conveyed to the Archives that [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Joe Biden would not object to waiving his predecessor’s claims to executive claims, a decision that opened the door for DOJ to get a grand jury to issue a subpoena compelling Trump to turn over any remaining materials he possessed from his presidency.
The machinations are summarized in several memos and emails exchanged between the various agencies in spring 2022, months before the FBI took the added unprecedented step of raiding Trump’s Florida compound with a court-issued search warrant.
. . . So, not only did the White House lie, they lied big time. The Biden White House was directly behind the effort to launch a criminal probe of Donald Trump, Biden’s 2020 opponent and potential 2024 opponent, in part by eliminating a potential legal defense Trump’s team might use in a battle with the FBI over access to the documents. . .
. . . This scandal just got a whole lot more serious.
Serious? Yes. Revolting in the extreme? Ditto. Surprising? Not in the least. That’s why I characterize it as a non-bombshell bombshell. We know what Biden’s controllers are capable of because they’ve already used every part of an already nakedly partisan bureaucracy to try and sabotage 2016 and then successfully steal 2020. In the wake of that, they’ve invented crimes and conspiracies while using actual crime as a means to distract and upset the populace in an effort to persecute at least half of the citizenry by deeming them “threats to our precious democracy” (*vomits) who should be eradicated.
On a not unrelated note, Anthony Fauci, the pint-sized mad scientist who more than likely aided and abetted the aforementioned Red Chinese in weaponizing a virus that sickened millions and was used with malice aforethought or as a propitious convenience to set in motion the so-called “Global Reset” announced his sudden retirement as of December. Red wave or not, does anyone really think this mass-murdering megalomaniac is ever going to face any consequences for his actions? Ditto anyone in DC who helped overthrow the republic? The corruption is so thorough inside and outside of government and in far too much of our society for any real reckoning, even a freaking wrist-slap at some future Nuremberg-esque trial, to occur.
BUT . . . contra to my generally pessimistic tone of last week, and citing what’s going on in Red China, we cannot know the future. These bastards who did this to us are just as inept and prone to mistakes and hubris as those in Beijing. We can’t know the future. And hubris on their part will lead to nemesis on ours. It should.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- “Predicts they will become fashion accessories.” World Economic Forum Suggests There Are “Solid, Rational” Reasons For Children to Be Microchipped
- “Americans’ job satisfaction currently stands at a 20-year nadir.” The Republic of Work Isn’t Working
RAID ON MAR-A-LAGO
- These documents reviewed by Just The News are the strongest pieces of evidence showing the Biden White House’s involvement in the DOJ probe, although the White House previously claimed to have “no advanced knowledge” of the recent FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago.Report: Documents Show Biden White House Involvement in Trump Criminal Probe
- “Magistrate Judge leaves open the possibility he may change his mind: ‘I cannot say at this point that partial redactions will be so extensive that they will result in a meaningless disclosure, but I may ultimately reach that conclusion after hearing further from the Government.’” New Order In Mar-a-Lago Raid Case: Feds Proved “Compelling Interest” In Keeping Warrant Affidavit Sealed, But Court Still Requires Proposed Redactions
- “If that’s true, it scrambles the omelet a bit.” Sources: GSA Packed Boxes of Documents Trump Brought to Mar-a-Lago, Not Trump Political Staffers
- Conrad Black: “The regime has its man—all it needs now is the crime.” FBI Goes Rogue
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- Julie Kelly: “The head of the FBI’s field office in Washington, D.C., has a lot of explaining to do.” Where Is Steven D’Antuono?
- Robert Spencer: “Does the Bureau even care about correcting this impression?” (wait until the new, 87,000-strong Waffen-IRS division gets rolling – jjs) New Poll: Most Americans Believe the FBI is Now “Biden’s Gestapo”
- “The former veep is still trying to sound reasonable by saying the GOP shouldn’t criticize the FBI — but the bureau is saturated with political bias that must be expunged.” Mike Pence is Wrong. DOJ and FBI Rot Spreads Way Deeper Than Garland
- Robert Spencer Part Deux: “Has he missed everything that has happened over the last few years?” (he was part of it in late 2020/early 2021 – jjs) Tone-Deaf Pence: “Attacks on the FBI Must Stop”
- “Already, progressives are branding the GOP’s next generation as ‘a threat to democracy’—sound familiar?” Trump Derangement Won’t End with Trump
- Thad McCotter: ” In the Left’s burgeoning fascist state that is being midwifed by an anile puppet of a president and his handlers, their war on history escalates as the mid-term elections impends.” It’s a Bad Time to Have a Good Memory
- “Remember, Fox News, OAN and Newsmax are the extremist propagandists though.” Videos: MSNBC Says U.S. ALREADY IN Civil War; Repeatedly Calls GOP a “Fascist” Party
- “What do Democrats believe will be the effect of convincing half the country they cannot vote the regime and its flunkies out of power?” Authoritarian Democrats Heart the Deep State
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “While the United States has deposits of rare minerals, there are significant regulations that inhibit mining them. It would be difficult to see how the environmental Left would react to a whole new era of strip mining to realize their green dreams. Additionally, a plan to ramp up mines and advanced battery production to meet U.S. demand in the next four months is not based on reality.” Will China’s Latest Energy Rationing Kill Biden’s Green Dreams?
- “The layoffs will help the company cut costs as it looks to raise money and ramp up the manufacturing of expensive electric vehicles.” Ford Is Sacrificing 3,000 Workers To Boost Electric Car Production
- “But while you get to find more ways to slice and dice a dollar, Steven Spielberg can still fuel a private jet. Why should he conserve when it is so much easier to let the little people do it? Take a good look at the holiday roast in the clip above. That may be as close as you get to one for a while.” Elites Getting High on Your Supply — Climate Change Doesn’t Matter if You Have a Private Jet
- “. . . because peat is decaying organic matter that must be burned to obtain energy, it is considered a fossil fuel — and you know what that means.” Soulless Greens Are Trying to Ruin Scotch Whisky
DEMOCRAT-LEFT WAR ON FOSSIL FUELS
- Meanwhile, Secretary of the Interior Deb Haaland establishes “Advisory Committee on Reconciliation in Place Names.” Federal Judge Blocks Biden’s Attempt to Pause on Oil, Gas Drilling in 13 States
- “. . . the consumer is going to be paying far more for natural gas this upcoming winter heating season. That’s also going to filter into higher electricity costs as 39 percent of our electricity is generated from natural gas.” Oil Expert Warns Energy Prices Will Surge this Winter
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “Americans think US is in recession, on the wrong track.” Poll: Voters Don’t Buy Biden’s Claims on Recession
AMERICA, AND THE WORLD, IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “The news comes as polls show Republicans are due to take control of Congress in January, and will likely open investigations into much o Fauci’s historical work.” FAUCI RESIGNS: In Retirement, He’ll Collect $350,000 a Year… From You
- “Bye.” Fauci Leaving His Post in December But Said He’s ‘Not Retiring’
- Nothing will ever happen to him. Surprised he resigned so suddenly, but still. He is an untouchable. Rand Paul: Fauci’s Resignation Won’t Protect Him From Investigation
- “Lies and tyrannical agenda.” Conservative Stars and Pundits React to News of Fauci Stepping Down
- “In its updated guidelines, the CDC embraces positions it once deemed misinformation, but the damage from [Chinese] Covid mandates is already done.” CDC Suddenly Discovers Personal Risk Assessment After Mandate Damage Is Done
- “The ‘promotional’ video you appeared in is a disgrace.” An Open Letter to the Rabbis of Baltimore and the Five Towns
LOCKDOWN 2: MONKEY POX MONKEY BUSINESS BOOGALOO???
- “Meanwhile, California Department of Health is using MPX to describe Monkeypox, citing stigma.” WHO Receives Request to Classify Monkeypox as Sexually Transmitted Infection
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “Results come as news outlets attempt to sanitize border crisis language.” A Majority of Americans Say the Border Crisis Is an “Invasion,” Poll Says
- “New York City’s homeless shelters, for instance, are now housing about 4,900 border crossers — most of whom have arrived on Abbott’s migrant buses. Officials told the Times that the daily arrival of thousands of border crossers is the main driver of the city’s ballooning sheltered homeless population, which stands at about 51,000.” NYC Homeless Shelters Packed with 4,900 Border Crossers: ‘Situation is Dire’
- Good on Abbott. Texas Has ‘Bused Over 7,000 Migrants to Our Nation’s Capital Since April’
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “Charles Dickens Imene Oliha, 46 — a career diplomat for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation in South Sudan — was arrested in Sunday’s alleged sex assault on a woman inside her apartment around noon, according to a police report. . . ” UN Diplomat Dodges NYC Rape Rap Thanks to Diplomatic Immunity: Cops
- “Rewarding irresponsibility — look who’s above the law in Leftist Land.” Andrew Warren’s Florida: Where the Law Doesn’t Apply
- “Rape by gender deception is a crime awaiting legislation defining it.” Rape in a Genderless Age
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “David Remnick laments the Black exodus from the Democrat party.” Editor for The New Yorker Advertises His White Savior Complex
- “The groomer lobby silences another courageous truth-teller.” Twitter Unpersons James Lindsay
- “A[n] hilarious take on the firing of the host of Reliable Sources.” Video: Gutfeld Reacts to CNN Ousting Brian Stelter
- John Lott: “The Supreme Court has ruled against arbitrary and unfair permitting processes, but New York officials seem intent on dragging their heels.” New York Defies Supreme Court With Unconstitutional Gun Permit Laws
- “People have a right to life under the 14th Amendment and what we’ve seen here is that the law enforcement agencies have shown a deliberate conscious disregard of the life,” Bonner said, according to KSAT. He is separately representing victims of the May 14 Buffalo, New York, mass shooting, the station said. (this coroner’s van-chasing parasite sickens me, but the gunmaker aspect scares me – jjs) Attorney For Uvalde Shooting Victims Will Name Gun Maker, Border Patrol In $27 Billion Lawsuit
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “Plum also said Black Lives Matter, Thin Blue Line and We Back The Badge signs and flags could be considered political.” Wisconsin School District Bans Teachers From Displaying Pride, BLM Flags and Preferred Pronouns
- “Separating children by their group identities and having them judge others or self-judge because of their group identity is psychologically abusive, not to mention despicable, in a modern society.” “Psychologically Abusive”: Some Back-To-School Programs Dividing Students by “Gender, Culture and Identity”
- “My bad,” Weingarten wrote in a follow-up post. “Looks like some of the books weren’t banned.” Teachers Union Head Who Is Partnered With Left-Wing Disinformation Group Shares Fake News
- “‘Third and fourth nominees must self-identify as a woman, Black/African descent, Hispanic/Latino/Latinx, Indigenous, and/or a person with a disability,’ the fellowship guidelines read.” Google Partners With Top Universities for This Prestigious Fellowship. Lawyers Say the Racial and Gender Quotas It’s Imposing Are Illegal.
- Deroy Murdock: “A sure way to create racial tensions on the University of California system’s flagship campus.” Berkeley’s House of Color Shines Red Light at Whites
THE 2020 ELECTION HEIST AND AFTERMATH
- Margot Cleveland: “The weaponization of a grand jury by state-level Democrats presents no less of a breach of the Rubicon than the Trump Mar-a-Lago raid.” Georgia DA Runs Headlong Into First Amendment In Anti-Trump Crusade Against Lindsey Graham
- David Harsanyi: “Only conservatives are asked to treat every election law passed as a sacrosanct pillar of ‘democracy’ or risk being smeared as a traitor.” The “Election Denier” Smear is the Dumbest Rhetorical Device in Modern Politics
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “In other words, the blog has no connection to the fire department in any way. Yet, the department demanded Fox apologize for his comments and change them in order to satisfy the demands of several anonymous complainants from the queer community. Though Fox did issue an apology, he refused to change his opinions, and was subsequently fired.” Today’s Blacklisted American: Christian Chaplain for Austin Fire Dept. Fired for Believing in Christianity
DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- “Braddock city council members called for Fetterman’s arrest for violating state laws regarding the handling of criminal information in cases where charges are dropped.” “Abuse of Your Mayoral Authority”: Fetterman Allegedly Ordered Cop To Dig Up Dirt on Political Rival
- Senior staff are barred from being paid through a role involving a “fiduciary relationship, including the practice of law,” according to federal law. Top Jerry Nadler Staffer Has Been ‘Violating’ Federal Law For Years, Complaint Alleges
- “Michelle Vallejo says she’s still a progressive, she just doesn’t want voters to know.”Progressive South Texas Candidate Admits to Misleading Voters About Radical Views
- “[Pat] Ryan is running in three races simultaneously; in a special election in the 19th congressional district, a primary and the November general election, despite only being registered to run in the 18th congressional district.” NY Dem Accused of Committing Campaign Finance Violations Prior To Special Election
- “Leftists turned apoplectic at the news that the conservative movement may receive funding nearing the level that Democrats and leftist organizations receive.” Hypocrisy: Leftists Melt Down over Conservative Group’s Record-Setting Donation While Basking in Dark Money
- The announcement came days after Biden emerged from vacation to sign the so-called “Inflation Reduction Act,” and to claim Republicans opposed everything good and decent in the bill. After Making Divisions Worse, Biden to Host ‘Unity’ Summit
- “Sitting presidents [legitimate and otherwise] usually get the benefit of the doubt from their own party. But looking ahead, [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Joe Biden might have problems whipping up Democrat enthusiasm for a second term. The opposite is true for former President Donald Trump, the latest TIPP Poll shows.” Biden’s Basement: Just 30% of Dems Want Him as Their Nominee in 2024, While 53% of Republicans Want Trump — TIPP Poll
- “When it comes to his political demise fueled by catastrophic decisions, Joe Biden, as [so-called quote-unquote “president”], faces the Ides of August.” (the author makes the mistake of assuming all this is Biden’s fault and Biden’s alone – jjs) Joe Biden and the Ides of August
- “The voters of Wyoming have spoken, but she refuses to listen.” Liz-ard Cheney’s Defeat Taught Her Nothing
- “Newsom gives thumbs up to keep the nuclear power plant, starts addressing California’s mental health crisis, and challenges Oakland officials.” CA Gov. Gavin Newsom Sure Looks to be in 2024 Mix After Proposing Sensible New Programs
- “Yet support for another Trump presidential run was much higher among Republican California registered voters than Biden’s was among Democrat California registered voters. In fact, 66 percent of the Republicans said they favored Trump running for president again in 2024. Only 29 percent said they opposed it.” Poll: 61% of California Voters Oppose Biden Running Again
- “The generic Republican is ahead of the generic Democrat on the congressional ballot by two points, showing they took the lead, as both parties were tied on the May generic congressional ballot.” NBC Poll: Republicans Gain Ground on the Generic Congressional Ballot
- “A woke Republicanism could not even meet a minimal standard of a ‘conservatism of expediency.’” Why Vote for Leftist Republicans?
THE UKRAINIAN “FRONT”
- “Media dubiously claims ‘false flag.'” What Really Happened to Dugin’s Daughter?
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “At the rate the [junta] is caving to the Mullahs, they’re about three weeks away from agreeing to give Tehran some of our own nuclear weapons in exchange for them not building any homegrown nukes.” That Insane Obama-Biden Iran Deal Is Getting Worse All the Time
- “Biden will unwind sanctions on Tehran’s assassination group as part of nuclear deal bid.”Biden’s Sanction Relief Will Fund Iranian Terror Plots, Former US Official Says
- David Harsanyi: “The real point of the Islamic Republic’s fatwa.” The Rushdie Stabbing and the World’s Leading Terror State
- “This must be a first in communist China. Is Xi nervous about the pending 20th Party Congress, where he hopes to ratify his plan to become dictator for life?” Beijing Imposes Vaccine Mandate, Baks Down and Cancels After 48 Hours Due to Public Outrage
- “China’s record-breaking heatwave began in mid-June and has since caused much of the country’s central and southern regions to experience drought conditions.” China Struggles to Prevent Food Crisis as Drought Hits Heartland Farms
- “Does big finance finally perceive the China threat?” The Financial Times on the Road to Damascus
- “Great misfirings and mutual distrust deepens between the groups.” Hamas Terrorists Killed By Palestinian Islamic Jihad Rockets
- Daniel Greenfield: “Palestinian terror boss who killed more Jews in Germany than anyone since Hitler gets feted.” A Mass Murderer of Jews Goes to Berlin
- Humberto Fontova: “Few of Castro’s pupils have followed the tyrant’s instruction manual as faithfully and conscientiously.” Democrat Golden Boy Daniel Ortega Turns Nicaragua Into Another Cuba
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “Yet the American corporate and political classes refuse to take action against the China-owned app.” TikTok is Tracking Your Keystrokes On External Websites, Report Claims
- Robert Spencer: “It isn’t as if these Democrats were spending time with and praising an opponent of jihad violence and Sharia oppression of women, someone who spoke honestly about the motivating ideology behind jihad terror. Then the media retribution would be swift and sure, and the political price would be steep. But this? Business as usual.” Why Are Kamala Harris and Gretchen Whitmer Palling Around With a Supporter of the Iranian Regime?
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE COURTS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE
- “Over and over the Court vetoed reform.” How the Supreme Court Blocked Congress’s Effort to Redeem the Administrative State
HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE
- “Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine associate professor Elisa Mazzaferro told The Detroit News on Monday that the virus reminded her of cases treated by a Mexico City emergency clinician. Otsego County animal shelter director Melissa FitzGerald advised pet owners to head to a veterinarian immediately if their dog experiences parvovirus-like symptoms: loss of appetite, lethargy, bloody stool, vomiting, and diarrhea.” (thank you and fuck you, open borders lovers! – jjs) Mystery Virus Killing Dogs in Michigan Novel to U.S. But Familiar to Mexico City
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “NASA as usual is slowing things down considerably. NASA Again Approves Design Concept for Orbital Reef Commercial Space Station
- “The science team for the James Webb Space Telescope today released another infrared false-color image of Jupiter, this time processed for science instead of calibration of the telescope after launch.” Another Webb Infrared Image of Jupiter Released
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) published a letter in The Wall Street Journal Sunday disputing claims that it had promoted cross-sex medical interventions for children who identify as transgender following a wave of public blowback.” Major Medical Org Distances Itself From Child Sex Change Treatments
- “Did the American Academy of Pediatrics tacitly reverse its stance on pediatric gender medicine?” A Victory for Child Welfare?
- “The good news is that some drag queens get it, like this one below. Drag shows aren’t for kids. If adults want to throw money at men in lipstick, have at it, but leave those kids alone.” Can Anyone Explain the Appeal of Drag Queens and Why Lib Parents Bring their Kids to Watch Them?
- “We accept new patients ages 9 to 16,” the site reads. Seattle Children’s Hospital Facilitates Gender Transition for Kids as Young as 9
- “Increasingly, gays are repudiating what trans activists are doing in their name.” Gay vs. Trans
- “The good news – and the bad news – about ‘gender diversity.'” The Tide Turns Against Transgender Activism
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “Resentful feminism needs to get a life.” She-Hulk: The Warping of a Superhero
HITHER & YON
- “Modern era delivers new golden age of scripted fare (leaving broadcast TV behind).” Better Call Saul and the Five Best TV Shows of All Time (YMMV, for sure – jjs)
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.