Good morning kids. The weekend is here and so Sponge-Brain Shits-Pants just decreed he was going to rob the treasury (which at this point is empty save trillions in IOUs going back to the New Deal as well as a lint-covered butterscotch once owned by John D. Rockefeller) of $300 billion in student loan debt “forgiveness” to make sure the one voting bloc still joined to the Democrats at the hip, the youth, aren’t distracted by fake news like a tanking economy and stagflation and keep them in power come the midterms.
The egregiousness of this on so many levels is off the charts. The most galling thing about it is the reaction of those who are outraged that we, the ones who are going to take it in the shorts as well on top of everyone who worked their asses off for years to pay off their debts as responsible citizens, are expressing our outrage over it. If you want to read stories about the outrage and the counter-outrage-outrage, the links are chock full of them. One in particular stands out, as it also speaks to the much broader issue of the political struggle.
Biden’s handout to educated voters is the most naked form of political patronage you can imagine. That isn’t necessarily a bad thing, especially if you happen to be a Democratic Party strategist. There is no confusion here about who ought to be rewarded and who punished. One will likely have to wait a long time before the Republicans counter with a similar sort of handout to their own putative constituents. Indeed, why not a family week? If the problem with “the libs,” as it were, is that they are all antisocial nihilists who refuse to have children in favor of pursuing hedonistic pleasures, then handing out state benefits to families with children, and making the childless pay for it, seems like a very sound way of rewarding one’s friends and punishing one’s enemies.
At the end of the day, though, the limitations of the right are illuminated fully in a moment of political controversy like this. The problem isn’t that the right is “stupid” while the left is “evil.” The problem is that the right has a contradictory and unworkable coalition, with various interest groups at odds with each other. On the left, by contrast, years of “cancel culture” haven’t just been an obnoxious social affair, but have cleared the deck politically, removing or marginalizing dissident political voices and ensuring that people pursue the same sort of politics. . .
. . . And so the Democrats pile on even more unsustainable debt to give out handouts to a social group that by and large doesn’t need it, but that has significant overlap with the kinds of people who become pundits, consultants, and activists on the right. Is it really a mystery that the Democrats succeed in these sorts of battles? What is even the benefit of “winning” them, for the Republican activist class? It’s hard to escape the conclusion that however loudly they denounce this move, Republicans pundits don’t mind losing this battle.
Not just this battle. Every battle. That is who and what they are; a sham opposition that is every bit as responsible for the gradual, and now all at once, dismantling of America since the end of the Second World War. Seen in this light, is it any wonder that Mitch McConnell is now actively working to sabotage a potential GOP flipping of the Senate come the midterms? It’s because he’d have to deal with Trump/MAGA-aligned Senators from his party whose mission is to dismantle as much of the grift and graft that has made his jowls Elaine Chao’s multi-million dollar sex toy for lo these many years.
The more important story, which Mitch McConnell and most of the GOP have been silent about, is the incitement and actual acts of violence committed against members of his own party as well as constituents over the past several years. When James Hodgkinson opened fire on the GOP softball practice a few years ago, McConnell should have been doing everything to find out what Dick Durbin and Bernie Sanders knew and when they knew it. Instead, crickets and the let’s-not-blame-our-colleagues-across-the-aisle-for-a-lone-wolf-nut-job usual bullshit.
Meanwhile, after Marjorie Taylor Green was SWATed twice in two days we have these two stories. Charlie Crist, a laughable failure of a ponce who’s delusional enough to actually believe he can defeat Ron DeSantis, did his best to try and win over new voters:
“Those who support [DeSantis] should stay with him and vote for him and I don’t want your vote. If you have that hate in your heart, keep it there. I want the vote of the people of Florida who care about our state, good Democrats, good Independents, good Republicans. Unify with this ticket. Unify with Val Demmings and Charlie Crist. Unify with us. Those who are haters, you’re gonna go off in your own world. And you better get right.”
Way to reach out to people by defining those against you and your party as hate-filled and evil. But wait! There’s more! Not to be outdone by Crist, Cuomo-with-a-dessicated-vagina Kathy Hochul (who was his lieutenant governor all throughout his reign and knew he was sexually abusing women and mass murdering the elderly via the General Tso’s Sickness) made this declaration:
Gov. Kathy Hochul, who hasn’t proven shy about issuing orders, had one for the state’s Republicans this week — all 5.4 million of them: “Just jump on a bus and head down to Florida where you belong, OK?” she said. “You are not New Yorkers.”
If you can move beyond the frankly disgusting political partisanship and intolerance, her message is fiscally irresponsible, even dangerous. The governor probably already knows this, but the state’s extensive public sector is heavily reliant on personal income taxes paid by residents, and with nearly $14 billion in projected budget gaps over the next five years, it can’t afford to lose any taxpayers, let alone 5.4 million of them. . .
. . . Hochul should worry less about her political opponents and more about what happens to this state as a significant portion of the tax base continues to leave. New Yorkers already know it’s inhospitable here; even before the governor’s latest order, New Yorkers were picking Florida — nearly 45,000 of them moved to the Sunshine State between 2019 and 2020.
What Hochul is saying is “Get out.” What is unsaid but directly implied is “Or else.” Leave it to the NY Post to focus on the fiscal aspect of New Yorkers fleeing the state, mostly to Ron DeSantis’ Florida which Charlie Crist has delusions of turning into New York, and not the near-eliminationist rhetoric spewed by Hochul. Talk like that from politicians kills people. What’s worse is the doubling down on the rhetoric and the ramping up of the volume is in direct proportion to the silence coming from the alleged political leadership of the constituents at which it is aimed.
So, if Marjorie Taylor Green, Ron DeSantis or Donald Trump is taken out, they must have had it coming. Right, Mitch?
Have a good weekend.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- “It is a model intended for government to manage the means of production by ‘transitioning’ the world toward increased regulatory control, social scoring, and communal property rights using the pretense of carbon emission neutrality—a model underpinned by socialist and communist principles, including a communal stake in for-profit companies and the development of a new financial system that directs capital flows to never-defined ‘global goals.’” The Malign Genesis of ESG – Part I
- “There were two types of people in the Trump Administration: Those who thought they had to save the world from the president and those who thought the president would save the world.” Peter Navarro: How Jared Kushner and John Kelly Subverted Trump’s Agenda
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- Robert Spencer: “If he or she is caught, will there be any serious prosecution? Or will a Leftist judge who holds the same view of Marjorie Taylor Greene as that of the swatter himself dismiss these crimes as an innocuous exercise in political protest and release the offender with a slap on the wrist, if that? The larger question is: can a committed conservative, a genuine and effective dissident from the line of the political and media elites, get justice in America today?” They Want Her Dead: Marjorie Taylor Greene Swatted for Second Night in a Row
- “Just jump on a bus and head down to Florida where you belong, OK?” she said. ‘You are not New Yorkers.” Kathy Hochul’s Call for 5.4 Million Republicans to Leave New York is Dangerous and Disgusting
- Jeffrey Lord: “He oozes contempt for Floridians.” Charlie Crist: Florida’s Hater-in-Chief
- “. . . the FBI raided O’Keefe’s private residence in November 2021, looking for clues. O’Keefe said that Project Veritas was not involved in any theft, and obtained the diary legally. He also emphasized that Project Veritas did not publish the contents of the diary, but instead had delivered it to law enforcement. (Portions were published elsewhere.)” FBI Sets Sights on James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas with Ashley Biden Diary Conviction
- Julie Kelly: “Joe Biden and congressional Democrats are plowing new and dangerous ground. Meanwhile, the GOP is silent.” Republicans Don’t Get It
- “The greatest threat to a dishonest regime is a citizenry willing to name its lies.” Rule Not by Lies
- “Meet the new boss, worse than the old boss.” Boomers, Failed Idealism, and the Triumph of the Ruling Class
RAID ON MAR-A-LAGO
- The Government has met its burden of showing that its proposed redactions are narrowly tailored to serve the Government’s legitimate interest in the integrity of the ongoing investigation.” (pfft – jjs) Mar-a-Lago Raid: Magistrate Accepts All Government’s Redactions of Warrant Affidavit, to Be Released By Friday Noon
- “Trump once tooted Wall’s horn publicly. To his credit, who would have thought the swamp extended to the National Archives?” Is This the Backstabber Behind the Mar-a-Lago Raid?
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “The ban, which becomes one of the first of its kind in the world, was proposed by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) in April to achieve Democrat Governor Gavin Newsom’s goal of reducing emissions by eliminating the sale of new gas cars by 2035.” (like Crazy Eddie, “In-SAAAAANE!” – jjs) California Regulators Approve Banning New Gas Car Sales
- “Almost everyone on the energy committee came over and spent a few hours with me.”Daniel Greenfield: Bill Gates Investment Fund Cheers Biden’s $350 Billion in Green Pork
- “Biden’s reversal of Trump’s decision restored Bears Ears National Monument to its former size of more than 1.3 million acres and Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument to more than 1.8 million acres.” Utah Sues Biden Junta Over Aggressive Land Grab at Two National Monuments
- “Mr. Steyer has the luxury of enjoying first-world problems because he can make people like you pay the freight. Rich man’s cause, working man’s burden. Did you ever notice how people who have money to burn always want you to do a little more? Yeah, me too.” Heh. A Leftist Billionaire Can’t Get an Electric Car
DEMOCRAT-LEFT WAR ON FOSSIL FUELS
- “Manchin is trying to include the permitting reform in a stopgap funding bill that must be passed by Sept. 30 to avoid a government shutdown. However, both Tlaib and Grijalva want Manchin’s reforms to be decided by a standalone vote, the American Prospect reported.” (Way to go, Joe! You sold out to these America-hating traitors – jjs) Some Democrats Are Ready to Torpedo Manchin’s “Dirty Deal” on Permitting Reform
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- Meet the real co-ruler and Biden puppet master, my friends. Is she Biden’s replacement in ’24? Susan Rice: People Who Already Repaid Their Student Loans? “That’s Fantastic. That’s to Their–to Their Credit”
- “This is only a first step.” Democrat Raphael “Wife-Beater” Warnock Boasts About Leading Charge to Cancel Student Debt
- “Is it really a mystery that the Democrats succeed in these sorts of battles? What is even the benefit of ‘winning’ them, for the Republican activist class? It’s hard to escape the conclusion that however loudly they denounce this move, Republicans pundits don’t mind losing this battle.” (like every other “battle” – jjs) Why the Right Lost the Student Loan Fight
- “His relief plan comes under fire from even liberal economists who say it won’t deliver on its promises.” Student Debt ‘Forgiveness’: Biden’s Illegal, Inflationary, Inequitable Attempt to Buy Votes
- David Harsanyi: “PPP was passed with wide margins in Congress, not decreed by a [so-called quote-unquote “president”] approaching a midterm in desperate need of votes.” No, Biden’s Student Loan ‘Forgiveness’ Is Nothing Like PPP
* * * * *
- Former FEC Commissioner Brad Smith: “Yes, because if there’s any group that needs federal financial assistance, it’s Harvard Law Grads. (Speaking as one of Prof. Tribe’s former students who actually paid back all student loans).” Harvard Law Prof Celebrates His Students Getting Loans Canceled. Social Media Trashes Him.
- “[So-called quote-unquote “president”] Biden’s ‘cancellation’ of student debt is indefensible.”A Five-Figure Handout to the Educated
- I’m tired of sub literate , criminal nepots lording over us. Debbie Dingell-Berry: I’m “Tired of These Armchair Economists” Who Like “Attention” Criticizing Biden Loan Plan
- “Democrats fighting for their lives in battleground states know exactly how this obscene giveaway to the rich will play among voters who do not make $125,000, who paid their student loans, or who never attended college. So they are openly criticizing and distancing themselves from this outrageous policy.” Battleground Dems Split with Biden’s Radical Student Loan Giveaway
- “This is a rotten, despicable, and highly unintelligent plan.” Student Loan Forgiveness, the Revivalist Way
AMERICA, AND THE WORLD, IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “The news comes just a few years after the Trump administration tried to distance the U.S. from the W.H.O.” U.S. Funds Wuhan “Bat Lady” Report Co-Authored With China’s CDC Director Calling for EXPANSION of World Health Org Powers
- “Fauci made the world dumber, baser, lonelier, and less free.” Anthony Fauci’s Reign of Terror Changed America Forever
- “Of course, Novak Djokovic and U.S. Open fans are hardly the only victims of Biden’s anti-scientific [Chinese] COVID policies.” Biden’s Unscientific Decree Bars a Champion
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- What are the odds Bow Wow Wowzer will block them if they have no vaccinations against General Tso’s Sickness, let alone every other communicable third world disease? DC To Allow Illegal Migrant Students To Enroll In Schools
- “Identity fraud is a common tactic used by TCOs to take advantage of migrants who do not know the legal consequences of their actions as they attempt to deceive authorities.” (Me llamo el Babyfaced Finster, esse! – jjs) El Paso Sector Border Patrol Have Picked Up Hundreds of Illegal Immigrant Adults Posing as Children
- “Not only are migrants breaking American laws, they are being rewarded with extensive taxpayer support for hotels and lodging when they arrive. Democrats say that isn’t enough.”Dems Ask Taxpayers to Fund More Living Expenses For Lawbreaking Migrants(“Ask?!” – jjs)
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- Maybe they should stop electing Maoists. Nah, that’s crazy talk. San Francisco Shops Threaten Tax Boycott If City Doesn’t Address Crime
- “Every single sign is pointing to it’s him. There’s nothing that says it’s not him right now. It’s just that we’re waiting on a positive identification,” Derby police told the Caller, adding that the body is “awaiting dental comparisons at the medical examiner’s office.” Police Believe Decomposing Body Found In Apartment Is Most Likely Epstein Associate
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “Hey look, if the FBI, which, you know, I still view as a legitimate institution in this country, it’s a very professional law enforcement. They come to us and tell us that we need to be on guard about something. Then I wanna take that seriously,” Zuckerberg: Facebook Throttled Hunter Biden Laptop Story After FBI Warned of Potential “Russian Propaganda”
- The board was announced back in April, and was going to be headed by Nina Jankowicz. The board quickly came under fire, being dubbed the “Ministry of Truth,” with many saying that the objective of the board was to regulate free speech in the Untied States. Biden’s “Ministry of Truth” Officially Shuts Down
- Robert Spencer: “As the DHS continues to work on ways to counter the ‘threat’ of ‘disinformation,’ will it ever deign to explain to us peasants how it plans to distinguish actual disinformation from genuine disagreement on the facts or how it intends to ensure that its efforts against “disinformation” aren’t just an attempt to silence political disagreement?”The Disinformation Governance Board Is Now Officially Dead, But the Enemies of Free Speech Will Keep Trying
- It’s not really the parents. It’s whoever is behind the parents, and I smell a container of rotten goulash and fondue. Sandy Hook Families Demand Alex Jones Surrender Media Company Control, Accuse Him Of Funneling Assets
- “It is the obligation of journalists to state these facts, to not accept at face value the propaganda a government agency like NASA doles out routinely. For the media outlets above, however, that obligation has long been forgotten. Each has been captured by the government, and now works solely for it, pushing its agenda blindly.” How SLS Reveals the Difference Between State-Run Propaganda and Real Journalism
- “The efforts of Brandy Zadrozny, one of NBC’s “disinformation” reporters, in both cases follow a nearly identical pattern. First, identify a perceived right wing element online that is highlighting or covering a contentious, questionable or perhaps even criminal issue. Then, cast the subjects of the coverage as victims of ‘harassment.’ Source the public outrage, or ‘harassment campaign,’ to the coverage itself, rather than the contentious, questionable or criminal behavior of the subject. Contact massive tech corporations and alert them that these groups are operating on their platforms.” NBC “Journalist” Who Attacked Libs of TikTok Once Took Credit for Deplatforming Pedophile Sting Groups
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- The video also claims police target “gender non-conforming folks and Muslims,” and instructed students to “avoid the police,” who “often treat victims as perpetrators of violence.” Denver Public School Tells Students Cops Are Trained To See Minorities as Criminals
- Chalkboard Review shared an image of the post, which depicts a woman sitting on a bed with a sex toy. She is surrounded by “self love reminders.” Texas High School Tells Students to Use Sex Toys to “Overcome Sexual Anxiety”
- “How woke corporations aid and abet racism.” Big Business Enables Race-Based Discrimination in College Admissions
- “Parental discontent with public education has sparked new momentum for alternatives.”School Choice Rising
- “First lauded as the new thing, then dismissed as hype, Massive Open Online Courses may yet be part of higher education’s future.” Whatever Happened to MOOCs?
- “Controlling education is the grand prize in today’s culture wars.” PEN Works to Destroy Education
THE 2020 ELECTION HEIST AND AFTERMATH
- “Maybe former attorney general Bill Barr is not a snake in the grass. He comes pretty close, though, to being a worm in the grass.” Bill Barr Returns to Make Every Conservative Seethe with Frustration
- “Last year, PILF successfully got Pennsylvania’s Democrat state officials to remove thousands of dead registrants from its voter rolls following an initial lawsuit. In that case, officials were accused of keeping at least 21,000 dead registrants on voter rolls for the 2020 presidential election.” (PILF has connotations – jjs) Court Rejects Democrat Official’s Attempt to Keep 26,000 Dead People on Michigan Voter Rolls
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- Anti-Israel Jew-hating front group. Nazi Collaborator Soros Donates $1 Million to Liberal J Street Super PAC
DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- Surprise surprise. An ugly, classless goon is also a raging hypocrite. But that is SOP for Democrats. Fetterman Opposes School Vouchers for the Poor. He Sends His Kids to One of PA’s Priciest Prep Schools.
- “California has a long history of pretending to be tough on criminals. The media has a long history of protecting Democrats.” They Lied About Paul Pelosi’s “Jail Time”
- “The elites need only declare to confirm.” How Paul Pelosi and Other High-Profile People Get Away With It
- Bluster or boasting that Dao-Min Yen is warming up in the wings? Malig-Nancy Pelosi: “Republicans Should Be Very, Very, Very Scared This Morning About Their Prospects”
- “If Republicans resort to business as usual, then they will once again do what they do best: lose a winnable election.” SHOT: Yes, Republicans Are Blowing the Midterms
- “The spin heading toward Labor Day is that Republican chances of winning a Senate majority are fading. A GOP takeover of the U.S. House hangs by a thread — Nonsense.” CHASER: The Senate is Very Much in Play for the GOP
- “No president elected [or installed like Biden] to his first term has had a lower sixth-quarter average than Biden, although Jimmy Carter’s and Donald Trump’s ratings were only slightly better, at 42%,” reported Gallup. “Barack Obama, Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan also averaged below majority approval.” Biden Job Approval 38% – Disapproval 59%
- “He makes an obvious point that McConnell seems to miss: an opposition leader should try to, well, lead some opposition.” Trump Is Not Wrong About Mitch McConnell
THE UKRAINIAN “FRONT”
- “Putin’s decision could reflect intentions to continue prosecuting the war in Ukraine despite reports of worsening troop morale, high casualty rates and inability to make significant advances on the front lines, according to multiple assessments from the Institute for the Study of War.” NO END IN SIGHT: Putin Calls For 137,000 Fresh Troops
- “Putin’s decree did not say whether the new troops would be contractors (more expensive) or conscripts (less combat-effective). There’s one other little catch: By Russian law, conscripts can’t be sent to fight in foreign wars like Ukraine without an official declaration of war. They can only defend the Motherland from invaders. Expanding the draft would be unpopular. . . Those draftees also wouldn’t do anything for the war effort in Ukraine.”Putin’s Mobilization Push Is a Big Dud
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “Israeli Prime Minister Lapid slams the emerging ‘bad’ Iran nuke deal, says the proposed arrangement violates even [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Biden’s own red lines.” As Biden Junta Finalizes Nuke Deal, Iran Launches Large-Scale Drone Drill
- “Ditch the cruise-missile diplomacy and start fighting back against Iran.” Biden Brings a Butter Knife to an Iranian Gunfight
- “’In order to fundamentally reexamine guarding and never to let this happen, we need to have a new system,’ Nakamura said at a press conference.” Japan’s Police Chief Resigns Over Abe Assassination
- “A vile ideological tactic to malign Israel and Jews.” Mahmoud Abbas’ “Holocaust Inversion”
- “Kim Jong-un’s political faith demands total devotion.” Religious Persecution in a Land Where the Supreme Ruler Is God
- “Diversity not a strength in Nigeria.” Guess What This Country Did?
BIDEN AFGHANISTAN BUG-OUT DISASTER
- “Did they privilege political considerations over strategic ones?” One Year Later, America’s Leaders Still Haven’t Answered for Afghanistan
- “Salman Rushdie’s attacker likely knows little of the religion in whose name he acted.” An Islam of the Internet
- Raymond Ibrahim: “Hindus get a taste of taqiyya.” The Mind-Boggling Lengths Muslims Go to to Deceive and Slaughter Infidels
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE COURTS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE
- “They are ‘people who live outside.’” LA Homeless Authority Doesn’t Want Anyone Saying the Word “Homeless”
- “The mounting costs to taxpayers of Breed’s housing initiatives and removal of evictees, who often return to city streets, come as San Francisco experiences an unprecedented homelessness crisis.” San Francisco Spends Millions To House — And Then Evict — Its Homeless
HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE
- “Officials say the disease is similar to parvovirus and encourage vaccinations.” Canine Parvovirus Has Killed Dozens of Dogs in Michigan
- “Medically assisted suicide, a pet project of many progressives, is increasingly popular in Western nations and must be resisted.” No, Killing People is Not a Humane Solution for the West’s Epidemic of Despair
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “This is only the beginning. . . Webb is now a new tool in that effort. Combined with other telescopes looking at other wavelengths scientists will be able to identify a whole range of molecules in the atmospheres of these transiting exoplanets.” Webb Detects Carbon Dioxide in Atmosphere of Exoplanet (EPA to regulate it in 5, 4, 3, 2 . . . – jjs)
sFEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- Where the fuck are the parents? Meh, WHO the fuck are the parents?! Kids Pole Dance With Nearly-Nude Strippers at North Carolina Pride Event
- “Why women can’t have it all.” Lean Out
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “State Department proud to fund festival featuring incest, pedophilia.” ‘Freedom of Expression’: Foggy Bottom Stands by $10,000 Grant to Queer Film Fest
- “’Hell no. Hell no,’ Goya Foods CEO Bob Unanue said at the time when asked if he planned on bowing to cancel culture mobs and apologizing for his praise of then-President Trump.”Democrat-Driven Anti-Trump Boycott of Goya Foods Actually Helped Sales, Cornell U. Research Study Shows
- Douglas Murray: “Today this country is forgetting what we did, and so, of course, we are forgetting who we are. This, in turn, will lead, as Reagan warned, to ‘an erosion of the American spirit.’ That erosion is precisely what is going on today at schools and universities across this country.” UVA Students’ Efforts to Erase Jefferson From Campus More Than Just Tom-Foolery
- “Brian Netzel, who lost his job in 2020 after 10 years at American Express, filed a class-action complaint against the credit card giant. He said he and other white employees faced discrimination because of the company’s ‘diversity’ efforts.” American Express Discriminated Against White Employees, Lawsuit Alleges
- “Members of the woke class turn on their own, and those in the crosshairs don’t even realize it.” Corporate Wokeness Is a Joke, Even to the Wokest of the Woke
- “An accomplished scholar has been brought down to the position of supplicant by someone who distorts American history for a living.” American Historical Association Falls Prey to “Presentism” Struggle Session
- “NY Governor Kathy Hochul last week signed into law legislation that replaces the term ‘salesman’ with ‘salesperson.’ The latter is in no way a replacement for the former.” No, “Salesman” is Not a Sexist Term
- “The mental gymnastics of following someone’s ‘declared pronouns’ disrupts communication by undermining the very purpose of pronouns.” Pronoun Police Are Playing an Unfunny Game of “Hu’s On First?”
- “The bookseller wants to give shelf space to books that will sell.” Nonwhite Authors Are Claiming Barnes & Noble Is Racist
- “. . . But it got some things right.” The Da Vinci Code Attacked the Wrong Religion
HITHER & YON
- Christian Toto: “It’s a smart spin on the superhero genre, but one that doesn’t live up to its potential.” Stallone’s Samaritan Shows Limits to Icon’s Screen Presence
- “. . . a title he has now taken over from his sister who was 19 when she finished her global flight in January, according to ABC News.” 17-Year-Old Becomes Youngest Person to Fly a Plane Solo Around the World
- “Around two-thirds of Europe is facing drought alerts and warnings, a report from the Global Drought Observatory found. The European Commission said the recent findings indicate ‘the current drought still appears to be the worst since at least 500 years,’ per the BBC.”Ancient Artifacts, Dinosaur Tracks, Nazi Ships Appear Around the World as Drought Causes Low Water Levels
- “Curtis LeMay did what he had to do to defeat Japan in World War II.” The Man Who Won the War
- “When utopias fail.” Promise Me You’ll Shoot Yourself: The Downfall of Ordinary Germans in 1945
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.