Good morning kids. So Mikhail Gorbachev, the last premier of the former Soviet Union died yesterday at 91. Here’s the headline from the NY Times:
“Mikhail Gorbachev, the Soviet leader who transformed the map of Europe and presided over the end of the Cold War, has died at 91.”
If you didn’t know any better – which sadly describes about half of the nation (and I’m being overly optimistic) – you’d think bit players like Ronald Reagan, Pope John Paul II, Margaret Thatcher and Helmut Kohl had nothing to do with it and in fact were the bad guys from 1945-1990.
Gorbachev, who helped stop threat of global nuclear annihilation, dead at 91
At least they ran this column from Steven Hayward: “How the media will get the Cold War wrong in covering Mikhail Gorbachev’s death”
Wait, Gorbachev helped stop the threat of global nuclear annihilation? Stupid me; I thought the Reagan economic boom and SDI as well as the abject failure of socialist/communist command and control economies eliminated that threat, and liberated over 80 million people trapped behind the Iron Curtain.
And here we are in 2022 and while the Iron Curtain fell, the bitterly ironic truth is that it fell on top of us. The evil in men who seek to control others, whether driven by greed, a lust for power or most dangerously, the desire to bring about a paradise on earth by “tormenting us for our own good” because “they do so with the approval of their own conscience,” as the great C.S. Lewis warned us, will always be with us. Yesterday, the vegetable impersonating the President of the United States opened his maw again, allegedly to speak about crime while lying his ass off about the Second Amendment, but in no time flat, the raw hatred and incitement came spewing out:
Biden, yelling at the top of his voice, said that he is determined to ban assault weapons. After all, according to Biden, it isn’t about taking away guns, and responsible gun owners should be treated as examples. He “supports” the Second Amendment, but also invoked Antonin Scalia, to whom he attributed the phrase that the rights under Second Amendment are not unlimited. He added that right now, people cannot go out and buy automatic weapons or cannons. He also made a lame attempt at a joke by telling, and I quote, “those brave right-wing Americans who say ‘It’s all about keeping Americas independent and safe,’ if you want to fight against the country you need an F-15.” (sic) Insert rimshot here. Keep it classy, Great Uniter. . .
. . . Ideally, Biden could have come out with a plan or at least an appeal for people to come together on the issue of guns. Ideally, he could have brought people together or at least facilitated a real debate. But, he had to circle back to evil Republicans. He mentioned some of his “friends on the other team talking about political violence and how it’s necessary.” That may hold true for the fringe, but Biden sent the message that all conservatives are for political violence. He essentially said he never thought he would see the day, and that political violence is never appropriate. Someone forgot to tell Maxine Waters. Or the population of Portland. Or Kamala Harris, who backed a bail fund that recently released a convict who killed one of his enemies. Is that the kind of reform you are looking for, Mr. so-called quote-unquote “president”]?
Of course, no political speech from Uncle Joe from Scranton would be complete without a January 6 reference, and Biden did not disappoint. And I quote: “To this day the MAGA Republicans in Congress defend the mob that stormed the Capitol on January 6.” Name them, please. I have yet to see a member of Congress who has defended that behavior. In fact, every Republican legislator I have heard has condemned those activities. He also slyly worked in his opinion that the rioters killed two police officers. He said, “Think about what the world saw.” The world also saw Sri Lanka and Iraq, and the world saw Afghanistan.
To his “MAGA Republican friends,” Biden said: “Don’t tell me you support law enforcement if you won’t condemn what happened on the sixth… FOR GOD’S SAKE, WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU ON?” But as I mentioned above, it was condemned. Sadly, the people in attendance and most voters probably won’t take the time to research that, which is just the way Biden and Co. want it.
And just like that, it became a stump speech.
Given the Democrats’ proclivity for ignoring and fomenting violence, one might well ask [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Biden: “For God’s sake, whose side are you on?” But I think you know the answer to that question.
We laugh at the yarns about Corn-Pop and being in the front lines of civil rights protests and the plagiarism and even is incoherent brain-bleeding, but this filthy criminal is deadly honest about his intentions, or at least the intentions of his puppet masters in Kalorama and Davos. They want us enslaved or dead. Period.
The most vociferous defenders of “democracy” are also the ones who sound suspiciously like they want a one-party state. Modern Democrats have stopped debating policy or accepting the legitimacy of anyone who stands in their way. They will pass massive, generational reforms using parliamentary tricks, without any input from the minority. And they don’t merely champion their work as beneficial, they claim these bills are needed for the survival of “democracy” and “civilization” – nay, the survival of the planet. Anyone who opposes saving Mother Earth is surely a fascist. There is nothing to debate. The villainization of political opponents isn’t new, but we are breaking new ground. We live in an era where a failed former CIA director, Michael Hayden—the man who was on watch during 9/11—says that he has “never come across a political force more nihilistic, dangerous & contemptible than today’s Republicans. . . ”
. . . It is curious, as well, that the same people who control basically all major institutions in American life—academia, media, unions, Silicon Valley, Wall Street, trade associations, public schools, publishing, the entire D.C. bureaucracy, Hollywood, Madison Avenue, not to mention the presidency and Congress—claim to be victims of budding authoritarianism. The only major institution free of progressives’ grip right now is the Supreme Court. And the left is engaged in a systematic effort to delegitimize the court for doing its job and limiting the state’s power.
The gall of invoking January 6th when it was the DOJ/FBI/Capitol PD using Antifa and BLM confederates who staged the so-called “riot” wherein the acts of violence they blood libel us with were committed by them. My blood has been boiling about that ever since. They are not only telling us who they are but from the abuse of power and lying from every bureaucracy to sabotage a duly elected president’s agenda to stealing an election to oust him to sanctioning acts of political terrorism via riots and attempted assassinations to the collusion with media to censor voices of dissent to the labeling of citizens opposed to your agenda as potential terrorists.
The logical next step leads directly to the gulags. And worse. We have seen this movie time and time again but this time, we’re in the picture.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- “The presidency is a distraction from the real work of ousting the permanent bureaucratic regime.” Lame Duck Nation
- “A mass die-off is still happening in the U.S. and reportedly around the world, and we have no idea what’s coming next.” (the Malthusians are cheering but are they surprised by it – jjs)Excess Deaths in America Are Still Excessive
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- “The @seminolegop will not be intimidated by the fascists posing as anti-fascists,” the group said in the aftermath of the vandalism. “The Republican Party is the party of life, liberty & the pursuit of happiness while putting #AmericaFirst.” Florida’s Seminole County GOP Vandalized: “Eat Shit Fascists”
- Timothy Thibault, the FBI’s former assistant special agent in charge who resigned Friday after Republican allegations of his political bias in connection to the Biden laptop investigation, was allegedly one of the agents trying to get FBI employees to bolster Domestic Violent Extremism (DVE) case counts to satisfy “performance metrics,” whistleblowers alleged in July, Breitbart News reported. FBI Boss Who Quit After Allegedly Blocking Hunter Biden Probe Also Reportedly Pushed To Pad Domestic Terror Data
* * * * *
- In Biden’s speech, he stressed that the Second Amendment is “not unlimited,” and that there are weapons that are not allowed to be possessed in America today. Biden Warns “Brave Right-Wing” Americans—”If You Want to Fight Against the Country, You Need an F-15″
- Jeffrey Lord: “He’s accusing his opponents of what he does.” Joe Biden: American Fascist
- “’Vote for Democrats or you’re dead’ is kind of a silly campaign slogan. But it’s what Democrats have been saying for months — ever since it became clear that Biden had so trashed the economy and tarnished our reputation overseas with his incompetent botched withdrawal from Afghanistan that Democrats were going to get a huge shellacking in the midterms.” Biden to Warn that Republicans Will Destroy the Country in Prime-time Nationwide Address
- “Extreme-Left Democrats [BIRM] should look long and hard in the mirror before calling others fascist.” Who Are the Real “Semi-Fascists?”
- “Biden appeals to the worst impulses of his base, and the rest of us are supposed to just take it.” When Dirty Joe and the Democrats Turned Truly Dangerous
- “A key portion of the [so-called quote-unquote “president’s”] speech was aimed at the GOP, with Biden slamming the defense of January 6 rioters and calls by some within the party to defund the FBI following the raid on Mar-a-Lago.” Biden Ramps Up Rhetoric Against “MAGA Republicans” in Speech on Crime
- David Harsanyi: “A rant.” Who Are You Calling a Fascist, Mr. So-Called Quote-Unquote “president?”
- “Joe and Jill are bad people – and worse parents.” Joe Biden Has Earned Your Disgust
* * * * *
- Is this fucking idiot for real? Does he not understand the fucking damage he did? Gavin McInnes Staged Alleged Raid and Arrest – Admits in Text Message to Friends it Was a “Prank. Don’t Tell”
- “Disinformation from Meathead and a sitting US Senator.” Reiner, Klobuchar and the Big Lie of January 6
- Robert Spencer: “A harrowing glimpse into the Left’s heart of darkness.” Hochul Wants All Those Nasty Republicans Out of Her Nice, Clean State
- “They are waging a full-scale ideological war on anyone who doesn’t agree with their increasingly commie policies. Make no mistake about this: their endgame is one-party rule in the United States of America.” Democrats Are Lying and Everyone Knows It
RAID ON MAR-A-LAGO
- “With Monday’s notice, the DOJ bypassed the judge now weighing a special master and announced that the DNI would go through all the documents in a “national assessment” to determine if they think it was okay for Trump to have the documents as a former president. That’s not their job. If you think that sounds like another investigation into Trump, you win a Joe Biden bicycle helmet.” ‘6 Ways From Sunday’ Alert: Yet ANOTHER NEW PROBE Into Trump’s Declassified Docs
- Julie Kelly: “Will the trio of Susan Rice, Avril Haines, and Lisa Monaco get their target or will their exaggerated sense of self finally catch up with them?” Obama-Era “Sisters” Circle Trump
- Lloyd Billingsley: “The defender of the deep state can be no friend of the people.” Bill Barr — All-In With the Mar-a-Lago Raid
- “We need to see the whole document in order to know the truth.” Release the Entire FBI Mar-a-Lago Affidavit
- Oversight Committee Ranking Member James Comer (R-KY) and other Republicans wrote a letter to Debra Steidel Wall, the acting Archivist of the United States, regarding the National Archives and Records Administration’s (NARA) response to the Oversight Republicans that it was “unable to provide a briefing or any documents in response to your letter.” House Oversight GOP Questions National Archives’ Statement on Its Involvement in FBI Raid on Trump
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, DEMOCRAT-LEFT WAR ON FOSSIL FUELS, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “The European Union’s Natura 2000 network, which mandates that the 27 member states must protect designated habitats in a ‘sustainable manner, both ecologically and economically,’ and therefore must cut nitrogen emissions — spurring widespread unrest among the Dutch Farmers — has now spread to the heart of the EU in Belgium, with farmers driving their tractors to the centre of Hoogstraten on Monday evening.” WATCH: Farmers in Belgium Attempt to Break Into City Hall Protesting Against EU-Inspired Green Agenda
- “For years, liberal states in New England opposed gas pipelines in the name of combatting climate change, yet now that ideological opposition is coming back to haunt them as the region faces a fuel shortage months before cold weather even starts.” Dems’ Manmade Energy Crisis Hits New England: Granholm Begs Governors To Increase Fuel Inventories
- Clarice Feldman: “Yes, the EPA may well try to use the IRA to regulate carbon dioxide from coal plants, although the agency should ultimately lose because it lacks specific Congressional authority to do so. Of course, the bureaucrats can cause a lot of damage in the meantime.” About that ‘Greenhouse Gas’ Provision . . .
- “But remember, when it comes to EVs, it’s so simple! In the eyes of the left, who cares what it costs when you’re not the one footing the bill?” More Ridiculous Electric Vehicle Advice
- “Musk is pushing for continued, and more, fossil fuel use because he knows that the Biden plan is EV-unfriendly.” Elon Musk and Fossil Fuels
- “The world is going to end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change.” Larry Elder: Climate Change Forecasts
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- Daniel Greenfield: “College for everyone is making everyone dumber. . . It’s not about the money, it’s about destroying America.” A Trillion Dollar Bailout for the Idiot Machine
- “It further erodes the rule of law.” Biden’s Grotesque Plan to Pardon College Debt
- “It’s not hardworking Americans who get shafted the most from Biden’s probably illegal student loan giveaway.” The Joke’s on the Welchers
* * * * *
- “The state’s status as number one economically comes over two years after the Chinese coronavirus and over one year after [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Biden’s time in the White House, as inflation and gas prices soar and the country slips into a recession.”Florida Rated #1 in Fiscal and Economic Freedom
- “Dem governor says she’s created ‘25,000 auto jobs.’ She’s actually killed hundreds.” Tale of Two Gretchens: Whitmer Campaign Repeats Job Growth Lie as Official Office Backtracks From It
- “Elizabeth Warren has the audacity to claim she’s helping average Americans.” The Economic Lies of Elizabeth Warren
- “This is terrible news for [Fed fool Jerome] Powell, who has long been hoping that openings and the vacancy ratio would fall.” Surging Job Openings Foreclose Hopes of Labor Market Cooling
- “Iraq is the world’s third largest oil producer, so disruptions in Iraqi oil supply could cause energy prices to skyrocket globally.” Violence in Iraq Could Throttle the US Economy. Here’s How
AMERICA, AND THE WORLD, IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “Further studies are being conducted to ascertain more details about the impact of the vaccine.” UK Gov’t Denies ‘Safe Use’ Recommendation for Pfizer Vaccine In Pregnant Women, Says Those Breastfeeding Should NOT Be Vaccinated
- “Parents must seriously considering sending their graduates elsewhere.” Yes, Some Universities Are Still Requiring the Chinese COVID Shot
- Wayne Allyn Root: “Does this seem normal to you?” Seven Dead Doctors in 14 Days Don’t Lie
LOCKDOWN 2: MONKEY POX MONKEY BUSINESS BOOGALOO???
- “I’m…shocked. No panic like with [Chinese] COVID, where if someone who had [Chinese] COVID died, they all say they died *of* [Chinese] COVID.” ‘Severely Immunocompromised’: Media Carefully Words Report of Person Dying With Monkeypox in Texas
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “The concern over fraudulent passports comes as a surge of illegal migrants at the southern border overwhelms the immigration system.” Taco Taqqiya: Feds Pinpoint Nearly 30,000 Mexican Passport Holders With Middle Eastern Names in Fraud Investigation
- The Aug. 11 ruling, which the FEC has not yet made public, concluded both Sanders’ campaigns broke federal law after “knowingly” employing three “foreign national” staffers from Mexico and Argentina who participated in the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. Bernie Sanders Presidential Campaigns Slapped With Fine After Hiring Illegal Aliens
- “I wonder why CNN’s report didn’t mention Haiti.” ‘Radical Shift’: Majority of People Traveling to the Border Come From Outside Mexico, Northern Triangle
- Manuel Castro told CNN on Tuesday that he is an immigrant who crossed the border when he was five years old. “I had the same experience with my family,” he said. (well, arrest him and deport him all the way down to the Ross Ice Shelf – jjs) NYC Immigration Chief: “What We Actually Have Here Is a Right-Wing Political Extremist Crisis”
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “Earlier this month, Fox News uncovered a clip where Fetterman asserted emptying the state’s prisons by one-third would not pose any more danger to the public than keeping the convicted criminals locked behind bars. He made the comments in a zoom call that was posted to YouTube in 2020, and he apparently cites former corrections director John Wetzel.” Democrat John Fetterman Plays Defense After Criminal-Friendly Record Exposed
- “A few bad apples is turning out to be the entire orchard.” FBI’s ‘Supervisory Intelligence Analyst’ Arrested for Child Sex Abuse
- “The city has become – I won’t even say, Gotham City is a little bit better, because you have Batman.” ‘Sitting Ducks’: Crime Forcing Chicago Women Business Owners to Leave Town
- “Assessing progressive criminal-justice policies.” A Litany of Failure
- “Dubbed ‘rainbow fentanyl’ in the media, this trend appears to be a new method used by drug cartels to sell highly addictive and potentially deadly fentanyl made to look like candy to children and young people.” DEA Issues Warning Over ‘Emerging Trend’ of Rainbow Fentanyl Across U.S.
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “Hopefully the long, hard road Gibson’s Bakery has traveled in its fight with Oberlin College has come to an end. The Gibsons now can collect approximately $36 million.” Gibson’s Bakery Wins! Ohio Supreme Court Refuses To Hear Oberlin College Appeal
- “. . . the Times is awarding the deceased communist kudos for ending the Cold War and liberating Eastern Europe. Not someone such as, say, the anti-communist Ronald Reagan or other heroes of anti-Soviet resistance.” New York Times Continues Its Long History of Covering for Commies with Gorbachev Obit
- A Google spokesperson has revealed that former President Donald Trump’s social media platform Truth Social has been kept from Android devices because the platform allegedly lacks “effective” content moderation. Trump’s Truth Social Banned from Google App Store
- Chaya Raichik: “. . . and they will do anything to cover it up.” LIBS OF TIKTOK: Mainstream media isn’t mad about gender surgeries on teens, they’re mad you found out
- “Some libraries are enticing young readers with easy access to sexually explicit books.”Parents Take On the Public Library
- VERDICT: Mostly False. Fact Check: Biden Claims Mass Shootings ‘Tripled’ After ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban Ended
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “University of Virginia student Emma Camp wrote in March that “strict ideological conformity” is the norm on college campuses.” Campus Conformity: College Students Say They Self-Censor Political Opinions, Poll Finds
- “The reaction may have been severe and maybe even over-the-top in some cases, but parents who don’t want the pronoun protocol as part of their student’s education are being painted as mean while the opposition is full of gratitude and love. Angry calls and emails shut down communication but so does characterizing parents as problems.” Parents Against Pronouns
THE 2020 ELECTION HEIST AND AFTERMATH
- Margot Cleveland: “Zuckerberg’s admission reveals a deeper scandal: It was the FBI and not social media that stole the election from Donald Trump.” Zuckerberg’s Admission of FBI Meddling in 2020 Election is Even Bigger Than it Seems
- “While election officials say the change was made to simplify the process, county election officials are concerned the new form will create chaos and undermine voter confidence.”Pennsylvania Abruptly Adds Mail-In Ballot Application To Voter Registration Form Mid-Election Cycle
DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- “A longstanding New York executive order that Hochul reissued on her first day in office prohibits campaign donations from state officials the governor appointed.” Gov. Kathy Hochul Under Fire for $475,000 in Campaign Donations from Cuomo Appointees
- “Iowa Dem congresswoman criticizes opponent for taking money from Chinese company she toured, praised.” Cindy Axne Inadvertently Argues She’s in China’s Pocket
- “Dem congressional hopeful’s radical positions could cost her in a tight race.” Arizona’s Kirsten Engel Signed Anti-Cop Activist’s Slavery Reparations Pledge
- “The media never questioned her refusal to accept responsibility for misleading a federal court.” Remembering Lori Lightfoot’s Legal Misconduct
- “In between practically threatening half the country with fighter jets and rambling about inner-city basketball, the commander-in-chief relayed a story about a now-deceased woman who had feared for her life due to illegal activity occurring in the apartment below hers. Fear not, Biden visited her one night and sorted everything out.” Biden Tells the Tale of When He Helped an Elderly Lady Take Down a Gang and Lower the Crime Rate
- “Biden has been performing poorly in the polls, with a newly released USA Today/Ipsos poll finding that 56% of Democrats think Biden should not run for re-election and that the party needs change. Just 44% think Biden should run for re-election.” Trump Beats Biden In Key States, 2024 Presidential Polls Show
- “DeSantis lives rent free in that space between Newsom’s ears.” California Gov. Newsom Donates $100,000 to DeSantis Opponent Crist
- “Conservatives should not dismiss the potential national appeal of California’s governor.”President Newsom?
- “McConnell would rather have another two years of a Democrat-controlled Senate where he’s party leader than a Republican-controlled one where he’s not.” Yes, Mitch McConnell Would Rather Lose the Senate Than His Leadership Status
- Robert Spencer: “Other Democrat hopefuls may not be so sanguine about being puppets for the people who are really in charge. It is they who may decide to sign Joe on for another four years.” Biden Filed to Run Again in 2024 — or Did He?
- Michael Goodwin: “So voters will have a real choice. They can get a full, honest picture of Biden’s long career of getting a secret cut. Or they can decide the soul of the nation is best served with the status quo, where the cash flows into the First Family’s pockets and the leader of the other party gets raided by the FBI and faces prison.” Lying Joe Biden is Unfit to Save the “Soul of the Nation”
- “Emerson College has Walker leading Warnock by a margin of 46% to 44%. While that’s well within the margin of error, it shows a shift that benefits Walker.” New Poll Shows Herschel Walker Leading “Wife-Beater” Warnock
- “Bolduc, a retired brigadier general and an Afghanistan veteran, claims former President Donald Trump won the election in 2020. Trump has yet to endorse Bolduc, but the former president has praised the Senate hopeful for his criticisms of Gen. Mark Milley, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.” POLL: Don Bolduc Leads By 21 Points in New Hampshire Senate Primary
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “The latest drone situation comes after numerous Chinese drones, believed to be operated by civilians, have embarrassed the Taiwan military by shooting videos of Taiwanese military outposts with seeming impunity and posting them online.” Tensions Mount as Taiwan Fires on Chinese Drone for the First Time
- “State Dept. plays defense for Abbas amid anti-Semitism row.” Biden Junta Mum After Abbas Claims Israel Commits “50 Holocausts”on Palestinians
- “Despite lyrics literally advocating genocide of whites . . . ” South African Supreme Court Rules Anti-White “Kill the Boers” Song is Not Hate Speech
- “Jens Laerke, a spokesperson for the UN Humanitarian Coordination Office (OCHA), said Tuesday that 500,000 people have been displaced and almost one million homes have been damaged. Damaged infrastructure, including 3,500 km of roads and 150 bridges, has hindered people’s ability to flee to safer ground. Many of the dead are children, she said.”“Monster Monsoon” — Flooding Kills Over a Thousand in Pakistan: Officials
- “After years of official anti-Semitism, Israel reacts.” Norway’s Comeuppance
BIDEN AFGHANISTAN BUG-OUT DISASTER
- Daniel Greenfield: “The Taliban are getting rich from the immigration business. And we’re paying for it.” Biden is Paying Osama bin Laden’s Old Airline to Fly Out Afghans
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE COURTS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE
- Kuehl added that three years from now, she feels “confident” that the county program would be viewed as a “foundation stone” for every eligible American household to receive economic opportunity and stability. (except if they do not vote Democrat; and they’ll inspect all ballots to make sure – jjs) L.A. County Rolls Out Universal Basic Income Pilot; 1,000 Residents To Get $1,000 Per Month
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- Dennis Prager: “For those who associate women with instinctively protecting children or with being supportive of a traditionally religious life, this era in American history has provided something of a shock.” Women Are Disproportionately Hurting Our Country
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “Hamid . . . has become a victim of the growing ideological sclerosis of the perspective he represents.” The Reluctant Wokester
- “Politicizing investment decisions was never a good idea—especially for public pensions.”The ESG Bubble Is Bursting
- Robert Spencer: “Bowing to the woke – and burning incense to their gods.” Baseball Team Abruptly Cancels Family Night, Shuts Out Pro-Life Groups
- Christian Toto: “Podcaster’s political advice veers from Left to Right . . . depending on his mood.” Why Can’t Joe Rogan Make Up His Mind?
- “Professional golf, as a force for good in the United States and around the world, can fully realize its potential through competition. That’s what the LIV Golf Tour is trying to do.”Why Is the PGA Afraid of Good, Old-Fashioned Competition?
HITHER & YON
- “Gorbachev assumed office in 1985 during a period of growing confrontation with the U.S., when President Ronald Reagan had strengthened America’s anticommunist posture. The Soviet Union and its satellites were falling behind economically, as computers made the Western economy vastly more productive, and the Eastern bloc fell increasingly into debt.”Mikhail Gorbachev, Last Premier of Soviet Union, Dies at 91
- “America is far more complex than the hollow sentimentalism of its blind champions or the chaotic cynicism of its perpetual detractors.” Good Country People
- “In his new book A Man of Iron, Troy Senik recounts Cleveland’s unlikely career as one of America’s most popular chief executives.” A Century Before Trump, Grover Cleveland Was a Bulldog Populist With a Comeback Term
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.