Good morning kids. The weekend is here and further to yesterday’s editorial vis a vis the hounding and persecution of former FBI Agent and agency whistleblower Steve Friend, I give you this exchange from yesterday’s comments:
I’m best buds with an FBI field agent. He’s a Trump supporter and is sick to death of what is happening. At the same time he’s scared to death of saying anything or getting above the skyline. Bad things have happened to agents who have spoken up…worse than what has happened to Agent Friend here. He’s got a new baby and another on the way. He’s not worried about pension or money…his wife is a doctor… he’s worried about something much worse.
Posted by: Defenestratus at September 22, 2022 09:12 AM
(Note: Do NOT comment on old threads)
At some point – and we may be there right now – he’s going to have to take a stand. If he and everyone he knows in the agency that feels like him all stood up together in unison, it might make the difference.
Lives, fortunes and sacred honor? Something? All of those things one fears losing are worth fighting for. Because if you don’t, eventually you lose them all anyway. And your soul.
Believe me, I totally understand the position Defenstratus’ friend is in. But at what point do you stop, look around and declare that enough is enough? At what point do you declare that your own personal safety and security, and the life you built up are worth risking, figuratively and perhaps literally to preserve/restore the society and order that allowed you to attain them in the first place? Our economy, our borders, our national security, law and order, and our society and culture are being intentionally destroyed, now at a faster and faster pace. Institutions that we thought we could rely on as impartial guardians of all of the above have been corrupted to such an extent that they are now to greater and greater extent the very instruments of our destruction.
Human nature dictates that the more we are stripped of our security and our identity, the more we will be forced to rely on the law of the jungle. Talk to anyone who survived a death camp, or listen to their testimonies and you will be shocked at the things that someone will do just to stay alive for one more day, or even one more minute. God help us but we are on that path right now. It’s not a question of can we or will we reverse course. The question is when? When do we stick our neck out and openly protest?
That’s what Steve Friend did and you can see what happened to him. I said to Defenestratus that “obviously, his friend is going to have to take a stand,” but now that I think on it, that is not necessarily the case. Even if the majority of FBI agents, and indeed those working in every governmental bureaucracy, was a card-carrying Democrat-Leftist, there is still a sizable percentage that are not. They go along to get along. In normal times, they just do their jobs while looking the other way or just shrugging their shoulders at, say, mere sloth, incompetence or even graft. It’s not your concern. The vaccine mandates suddenly changed that calculus. In a way, it was kind of a loyalty test, as has been demonstrated with those in the armed forces who refused on religious or other grounds.
And now, we have a man of integrity who sees that what the FBI is doing to ordinary Americans is nothing short of political persecution and the sharp end of the spear of tyranny. Where are all the other Steve Friends we are assured populate that agency? If they are not willing to stand up with him and refuse to go along with what are nothing short of Gestapo-like tactics, then at some point in the future, they will at best sit on their hands when things get a lot uglier than merely railroading innocent people into jail. At worst, they’ll be the ones eagerly participating in the Garland version of Nacht und Nebel actions.
The pessimist in me sees Steve Friend as an outlier, a one-off. The optimist in me wants to see this as perhaps the moment when the dam starts to break. Maybe we’re somewhere in the middle. But is the dam going to break or will the rotten center hold and we continue on our merry way to the moral or even literal equivalent of the ramp at Birkenau?
As Bob Dylan sang, “When you ain’t got nothin’, you got nothin’ to lose.” At that point, it’s perhaps easy to do things that in your worst nightmare you never thought you’d do. But it’s when you’ve got everything to lose that standing up, doing the right thing and calling out evil for what it is, really counts.
Have a good weekend.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- “The Mullahs must be prepared.” We Will Neither Forgive Nor Forget the Murder of Mahsa Amini
- Richard Fernandez: “The lights are going out all over Europe, and they won’t be coming on again for a while, at least not on Green power. The hope in world capitals that the crisis which began with the [Chinese] Covid 2019 pandemic and deepened with Russia’s 2022 invasion of Ukraine would soon blow over was rudely dashed . . . For the moment the visionaries will have their hands full just keeping the war from spreading; ensuring the lights stay on, keeping the supply chain connected and making it possible to put food on the table. The generation of politicians that promised us the end of history would do well to just get us to another tomorrow.” Shifting From Utopia to Survival Mode
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- Julie Kelly: “Joe Biden, Merrick Garland, and congressional Democrats fuel a false narrative intended to stoke outrage in an already deeply divided country.” Democrats Continue to Lie About Police Deaths on January 6
- “Lindell listed U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland and FBI Director Christopher Wray as defendants in the lawsuit. According to The Hill, as a result of Lindell’s lawsuit filing in the U.S. District Court in Minnesota, it was revealed in the warrant used to seize his phone that Lindell is currently under federal investigation for ‘identity theft, intentional damage to a protected computer and conspiracy to commit identity theft or intentionally damage a protected computer.’” Court Filing Reveals Mike Lindell Is Target Of DOJ Investigation
- “Here’s how we get from New York’s persecution of Donald Trump to many thousands of new IRS agents coming for you.” Connecting the 87,000 Dots between Trump and You
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “Says he was ‘troubled’ by the stunt.” Jared Kushner Criticizes Ron DeSantis Over Martha’s Vineyard Migrant Flights
- “It will be a long time before many Americans can pronounce the words ‘Martha’s Vineyard’ without the pained eye roll once reserved for the now funereal adjacent island of Chappaquiddick.” Martha’s Vineyard Residents Wallow in Their Disgusting Hypocrisy
* * * * *
- “During a speech to the Voces de la Frontera’s Migration is Beautiful Masquerade Gala in 2019, Evers said he does not differentiate between illegal immigrants and lawful residents of Wisconsin.” (I am happy to vote here to kick this pencil-necked shit-heel to the curb – jjs)Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers: Illegal Immigrants Are Still ‘Wisconsinites’
- “Authorities at the border have seen the number of Venezuelan migrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico border triple, compared to the last fiscal year, and DHS indicates the trend will continue.” Venezuelans Expected to Flood US Border Due to a “Perception” They Can Stay Indefinitely, Internal DHS Report Say (and no doubt Maduro emptying his prisons of violent criminals – jjs)
- Daniel Greenfield: “America doesn’t just need a wall on the border, we need a wall in our tax code.” Nonprofits Violate IRS Rules to Wage a Legal War for Illegal Aliens
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, DEMOCRAT-LEFT WAR ON FOSSIL FUELS, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “. . . if you think that Western civilization is bad, or if you think human beings are bad, then you want to move toward energy-dilute fuels, which provide too little energy to sustain Western civilization.” Shellenberger Testifies: The Left Hates ‘Abundant Energy’ Because it Sustains ‘Western Civilization’
- “The plot to eliminate animal protein is well ahead of your plans to keep eating it.” The Meat Replacement Hypothesis
- “Lawrence Summers is probably not getting invited to any Georgetown cocktail parties any time soon. Bill Clinton’s former treasury secretary, who chaired the National Economic Council under Barrack Obama, has more recently developed into a thorn in the side of his own party’s big spending Progressives, especially those in the Biden [junta].” Lawrence Summers Goes After ‘Greenflation’
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “Seeking to debunk free-market ideas, a new book instead demonstrates its author’s prejudice in favor of government control.” Bad-Faith Economic History
- “What will Joe Biden do when inflation exceeds 10 percent? Perhaps another garden party with a more relevant musician, some elephants, and clowns.” The Inflation Garden Party
AMERICA AND THE WORLD IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “Later, Walensky discussed how the CDC needs to do a better job communicating with the public.” (she means like Strother Martin in Cool Hand Luke – jjs) CDC Director Walensky Dodges on Whether Chinese COVID Pandemic Is Over
- “As Biden said, the pandemic is over.” Federal Judge Strikes Down Biden’s Head Start Child Care Facility Vaccine and Mask Mandates
- “. . . Including using hard cash.” The Gates Foundation is Researching How to Manipulate You Into Taking ‘Future’ Chinese COVID Vaccines
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “ . . . commissioned two reports last year released by Philadelphia Lawyers for Social Equity (PLSE) that recommended the BOP consider merit-based clemency for currently incarcerated second-degree murderers.” “Lumpy” Fetterman Campaign Walks Back Idea to Free Second-Degree Murderers From Prison
- “How does a man who rapes an innocent teenage girl walk the streets to sexually attack [five] more innocent [people], including a homeless woman?” one Manhattan cop fumed. (A: put Leftist criminals [BIRM] in charge of law enforcement – jjs) Sex Fiend Gets Gets “Sweet” Deal From Manhattan DA Bragg on Teen Rape Charge — Then Attacks 5 Others: Sources
- “Latest instance where Steve Descano’s bail policies freed a would-be murderer.” Nazi Collaborator Soros Prosecutor Twice Sprung Criminal Who Went On to Kill a Man
- “Both Republicans and independents, 86.8 percent and 64.1 percent, respectively, said they do not feel as safe in Biden’s America. Democrats remain relatively split, as a plurality, 47.8 percent, said they feel just as safe today as they did two years ago. However, 44.9 percent of Democrats said they do not feel as safe.” Survey: 68% of Americans Felt Safer 2 Years Ago with Trump in Office
- “Not only is it more widespread, dangerous, and nihilistic, but it’s also the direct result of Democrat policies.” The Current Crime Wave is Unlike Any Ever Experienced in America
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT), a critic of the measure, spoke during Thursday’s committee meeting, expressing confusion over support for the amendment. “I confess that I am a little bit confused by the sponsor’s support for the amendment, as it seems to potentially undermine the stated purpose of the legislation itself.” Conservatives Oppose Ted Cruz Censorship Amendment: This Is a ‘Bad Bill’
- “Gays Against Groomers lost their ability to conduct commerce through PayPal, while pedophile-advocacy group Prostasia remains open for business.” Gay Rights Organization Gets Deplatformed By PayPal While Pro-Pedophile Group Remains
- “In contrast to Meta and Google, some other tech firms have announced significant cuts in recent months. In August, both social media giant Snap and retail investing app Robinhood announced they would cut 20% and 23% of their staff, respectively.” Don’t Call it a Layoff: Big Tech is Reportedly Using a Trick to Force Employees Out
- Good for her, I suppose. CNN Anchor Christiane Amanpour Walks Out Of Interview With Iranian President After Refusing To Wear Headscarf
- “Ghouls.” WaPo ‘Fact Checker’ Glenn Kessler Spreads “Tank” Abrams’ Lie That We Don’t Hear a Baby’s Heartbeat at Six Weeks
- “Paypal is a weaponized, vicious, tool of the regime.” The Truth About PayPal
- When New York Times columnist Jamelle Bouie wrote a love letter of sorts to Donald Trump and his ‘soft edges and eccentricity,’ it didn’t take long for people to see this for what it is: an opening salvo by the press to start demonizing the next Republican.” The ‘DeSantis Is Worse Than Trump’ Campaign Begins
- David Harsanyi: “Surprise!” Politico’s Fearmongering Over ‘Christian Nationalism’ is a Shoddy Deception
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- [Psycho carpet-muncher Dana] Nessel continues, saying “You know what’s not a problem for kids who are seeking a good education? Drag queens. Okay? Let me say this, drag queens, not only are drag queens not hurting our kids, drag queens make everything better.” (bend over and let them show you how! – jjs) WATCH: Michigan Attorney General Calls for “Drag Queen in Every School”
- “Jeffrey Pierce, a former teacher and coach at Seaman High School in Topeka, Kansas, convinced children to send him sexually explicit photos by pretending to be a female teenager on social media, according to a Department of Justice press release.” (What High School? – jjs) Pedophile Ex-Teacher Who Abused Over 80 Kids Gets 30 Years In Prison
- “It’s beyond time to get the government out of education.” Nowhere Mann
- “Flat out lie.” Doctor Debunks “Tank” Abrams’ “Conspiracy” Theory on Fetal Heartbeats
- “Remember that the corrupt media always side with the people who are perfectly fine with ending those pre-born lives.” Media Marvel at Babies’ Reactions to Flavor in the Womb While Championing Their Demise
- “Though it’s difficult to pinpoint exactly when Planned Parenthood edited the language, Fox News noted that the organization’s website said that babies have a heartbeat at six weeks as early as July 25 of this year. Life News also noted the change on August 22.” Abortion Giant Planned Parenthood Stealth Edits Fetal Heartbeat Fact Sheet
THE 2020 ELECTION HEIST AND AFTERMATH
- “The bill, proposed by GOP Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney and Rep. Zoe Lofgren, a Democrat from California who is under Cheney on the Jan. 6 Committee, reforms the 135-year-old law to narrow the grounds for objections to presidential electors and open the door to late-day voting.” House Passes Liz-ard Cheney’s Trojan Horse Elections Bill Enabling Democrat Takeover of the Ballot Box
- “There are two kinds of voter fraud. One is obvious voter fraud. But there is a more insidious form of voter fraud.” Insidious Voter Fraud
SHAMPEACHMENT 1.0, 2016 CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- “How very third world of her.” Letitia James’ Campaign Strategy: Suing Trump
BIDEN CRIME FAMILY REVELATIONS
- “The left can say what they want about Donald Trump Jr., but I’ve never seen his penis. I can’t say the same thing about Hunter Biden. I’ve seen it in dozens of pictures and videos. Where is that little blur thingy when you need it most?” Break Out the Weapons-Grade Chlorine: Video Shows Hunter Biden Naked on a Waterslide at $$4,140-Per-Night Malibu House
DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- “The Baltimore prosecutor faces legal troubles of her own and needs the support of his defenders.” Is Marilyn Mosby Using the Adnan Syed Case as Woke Protection?
- “The state’s No. 3 elected official also wouldn’t respond when reminded by the same reporter of her partisan attacks over the 2015 corruption conviction of Republican predecessor Dean Skelos, or address a recent accusation by Assembly Minority Leader William Barclay (R-Fulton) that Democratic legislators were ‘covering up for one of their own.’” Andrea Stewart-Cousins Won’t Address $637 Million Hochul “Pay-to-Play” Scandal
- Just one teeny-tiny “waffer-theeen” mint and we can be rid of this elephantine, leaking colostomy bag. Repulsive Egomaniacal Lipid Mass Chris “Krispy Kreosote” Christie Mocks “Disaster” Donald Trump at Upstate NY Biz Conference
- “Another example showing the elites are utterly out-of-touch with those they’re supposed to represent.” Google Searches Show People Care About the Border and Economy as Dems Focus on Abortion and Trump
- “I’m not going into politics about whether the [so-called quote-unquote “president”] should – should run or not.” Malig-Nancy Pelosi Refuses To Say Whether Biden Should Run In 2024
- “. . . it shows just how diminished the supposed Most Powerful Man in the world has become.” The Saddest, Most Senescent Joe Biden Video Yet
- “. . . here’s what’s crazy about it all. Abrams’ campaign is in denial that her support among black voters is slipping, even while admitting that black voters feel as though the Democrats have taken them for granted.” How Is Stacey “Tank” Abrams Doing With Black Voters?
- “Florida Sen. Marco Rubio falls below expectations — for now.” (Dave in FL, please weigh in and talk us off the ledge – jjs) A Senate Race That Shouldn’t Be Close But Is
- “We went in right after he pulled out,” Landrith said. “One, [Masters] can win, and two, he’s a fine candidate because he’s going to stand up for the things people believe in.”Masters Gets More Support After McConnell Dumps Opportunity To Help Pick Up Arizona Senate Seat
- “Beating today’s Democrat Party shouldn’t be difficult, but with Republicans like Tom Emmer, why should voters think the Republican Party is much different?” Why Can’t Republicans Whip It Good?
THE UKRAINIAN “FRONT”
- “Gorbachev inherited an empire that was ready to dissolve.” Russia’s Western Face
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “The deal reinforces how, for some Arab states, resolving the decades-long Israel-Palestinian conflict has now been overshadowed by national priorities, such as security and the economy.” Report: Israel To Sell Air Defense System to United Arab Emirates
- “Following the death of a young woman detained by Iran’s morality police, massive protests have broken out all the across the country.” Biden Claims To Support Iranian Protesters While Propping Up The Country’s Deadly Regime
- “South Korean President Yoon Suk-yeol was caught on a hot mic Wednesday calling Congress “idiots” just after [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Joe Biden gave a speech.” (as Shakespeare wrote, “fair is foul” – jjs) Hot Mic Catches South Korean President’s ‘Foul’ Reaction To Biden Speech
- Migrant influx “pushing accommodation facilities in Germany to the limit,” Austria reports record numbers. (somewhere in Heaven, Momma Sefton is laughing her ass of – jjs)Germany, Austria “Overwhelmed” by New Migrant Wave
- “Islamist gangs assert their dominance.” Islamists Unleash Havoc on Hindu Community in Leicester, UK
- “Canadians suffer the same creeping tyranny that America does, but handle it a bit differently.” Calgary Pastor Rides Again
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “’Our leaders have deemed D&I (Diversity and Inclusion) a warfighting imperative,’ the cadets were told.’ Biden’s Military: Forget “Mom,” “Dad,” Use Woke Substitutes Instead, Air Force Cadets Told
- “The new actions from DeSantis are aimed at addressing threats posed by China, Cuba, Russia, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and Venezuela in cyberspace, real estate, and academia.”DeSantis Takes New Action To Combat Influence Of China, Other Hostile Nations In Florida
- “Too many think tanks receive undisclosed foreign funding from countries hostile to the U.S. and our interests.” Top Foreign Funder of Transnational Terrorism Funds Think Tank That Staffs Democrat Presidential Administrations
- Daniel Greenfield: “Defected of course implies that they ever worked for any nation other than China.” 154 Scientists at Los Alamos Nuke Lab Defected to China
- Raymond Ibrahim: ” . . . To sleep with his own adopted son’s wife.” Muhammad’s Selfish Reason for Banning Child Adoption
HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE
- “Congressional hopeful Val Hoyle took thousands from Eli Lilly, then worked to protect their insulin patent.” Oregon Democrat Says Drug Prices Are ‘Out of Control.’ As State Legislator, She Tried To Keep Them That Way.
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “The hurricane-force storms — each the size of the continental United States — have remained inexplicably stable in their strange configurations since they were first discovered by the Juno spacecraft in 2017.” (Chris Christie is a gas giant – jjs) Scientists Stumped by Strange Polygon-Shaped Cyclones on Jupiter
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “Kettl was the “mastermind” of a plot to torture and shoot people at his school. The plot was foiled, and he was arrested. Kettl was sentenced to four years in prison after pleading guilty to conspiracy to commit capital murder. Prosecutors found a notebook with 12 pages of detailed, gruesome tortures that he and a 16-year-old female friend were planning for people at his school.” Church Drops Drag Queen After Learning He Was Involved in a Plot to Shoot up a School
- “Why can’t I have sex with any (other) consenting animal I want to?” Zoophilia, or ‘AAPs’
- “The increased proliferation of sex change operations in the United States, including for children, can be linked directly to provisions in the Affordable Care Act, former President Barack Obama’s landmark legislative achievement.” America’s Ongoing Avalanche of Sex Changes Can Be Traced Back to Barack Obama
- “The senators [Blackburn and Lummis] noted that while GnRH agonists are approved for use by patients with developmental disorders such as central precocious puberty (CPP), which makes a child experience puberty younger than normal, the drug is not approved for gender dysphoric or transgender treatment.” GOP Senators Press FDA On Puberty Blocker Risks After Matt Walsh Exposes Vanderbilt Transgender Clinic
- “The Respect For Marriage Act – Congressional version.” The Temptation in the Garden
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “. . . the case of The Little Mermaid offers some insight into the contradictions of the liberal orthodoxy on the politics of diversity and representation.” The Invisible Whiteness of Being: Cultural Appropriation and The Little Mermaid
- “The Woman King and The Little Mermaid are used as litmus tests.” Are You Racist?
- “The very focus on a motherhood pay ‘penalty’ reveals a society with misplaced priorities.”Penalizing Ourselves
- Christian Toto: “Fox News’ late-night dominance opens promotional doors previously slammed shut.” Why Gutfeld! Matters Even More Than Conservatives Think
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.