Good morning kids. The weekend is here and as Hurricane Ian moves away from Florida, the trail of devastation is incredible. Again, it seems somewhat miraculous that I have not come across reports of deaths, so let’s hope that that continues or at the very least it’s kept to a minimum. That of course stands in sharp contrast to Leftists who are baying for the blood of people whom they consider worse than cancer and equally sick, for political advantage in that they can somehow use the destruction to hurt the prospects of a nemesis. The storm now seems headed for South Carolina, so everyone in its path please prepare and/or get the hell out of the area. Once again, prayers for everyone affected by this disaster and for a speedy and full recovery of the appropriately named Sunshine State, since these days, it’s one of the few beacons of hope in a land where darkness has cast a pall since November of 2020.
Utah Senator Mike Lee is up for re-election this year. His opponent is Evan McMullin, whose campaign ads, touting his experience as a CIA operative, are currently popping up in my feed at an impressive and alarming rate. According to the Deseret News, which published the results of a poll last week, the race is tight. The poll by the Deseret News/Hinckley Institute of Politics showed Lee with a very slight edge over McMullin, with Utahans favoring the incumbent 36% to 34%. Not much breathing room for Lee, there. . .
. . . It was no surprise to me to learn that Utah’s answer to Liz Cheney, Mitt Romney (Can we just call him “Liz” Romney?), refused to give Lee his endorsement ahead of the midterms.
The Deseret News said that a campaign spokesman stated that the support included endorsements, donations, or expressions of support. The same article quoted Romney as saying, “I don’t think endorsements make any difference in a race to speak of. People in the race are my friends. I usually try and avoid situations where they’ve been friends. I may endorse and I may not, but I really haven’t given it any thought at this point.”
Romney, of course, voted to impeach Donald Trump when no viable reason existed. He also allegedly told Joe Biden that he had to run as far back as 2018. Remember that this is the same Biden who railed that Romney would put black people “back in chains” during Romney’s failed presidential run. And does anyone else remember the Romney/Obama debates? Do you remember the first one where Romney came out great guns, won hands down, and then proceeded to tank the following debates like the 1919 Chicago White Sox? Romney has also written that America is in a state of denial and that:
[Alleged] President Joe Biden is a genuinely good man, but he has yet been unable to break through our national malady of denial, deceit, and distrust. A return of Donald Trump would feed the sickness, probably rendering it incurable. Congress is particularly disappointing: Our elected officials put a finger in the wind more frequently than they show backbone against it. Too often, Washington demonstrates the maxim that for evil to thrive only requires good men to do nothing.
Romney is criticizing elected officials who put a finger in the wind? Really? Really? I’ll wait for the laughter to die down.
And of course, there was the trial run for Obamacare that Romney put forward while he was governor of Massachusetts. . .
. . . After being a governor, running Bain Capital, and the Olympic gains under his belt, Romney wanted to add “Senator” to his resume and money to his pocket. And that is why he is so willing to slip on something sexy and slide into bed with the very people who were calling for his head just a few short elections ago.
To be upset about this is pointless. Rather, to be completely not surprised by it, unlike the pitifully transparent feigned Claude Rains-level “shock!” and bafflement from his colleagues in the GOP, saddens me to the core. Like their feigned disbelief, it’s proof positive that the illusion of a two-party system is just that. Romney is a greedy, egomaniacal whore. Forget the private sector, such as it is or was. A seat in government guarantees you a payday that even Hyman Roth and Johnny Ola couldn’t conceive of. The former famously quipped in The Godfather Part 2, “We’re bigger than US Steel.”
Maybe so, Hy, old boy. But you ain’t bigger than “US STEAL.” Romney, McCain, McConnell along with Pelosi, Schumer, Durbin, and all the rest of the old yocks on that side of the aisle (which is a meaningless distinction) are all part of the same scam that overturned our government decades ago and turned it into the very thing the founders abhorred; a charnel house that grinds our bones for their enrichment. Period. Donald Trump saw this, or more accurately, saw that the system was broken and miraculously ran and won with the aim of stopping it and reversing course. What I’ve come to realize, which I assume (and hope) perhaps he finally has, was that the system wasn’t broken at all. It was running exactly as those in control of it intended. I think that explains his biggest Achilles heel in his staffing choices, and a kind of Pollyanna-ish view that others around him were behind his agenda. We know how that turned out.
What he did do was expose probably the greatest grift in history to millions of people who didn’t see it or, worse, refused to see it. Nearly two years into this nightmare alternate universe, and we are reaping the whirlwind of ideologically driven scams and schemes that not only are impoverishing us on a daily basis but are putting us on the path towards total economic collapse. That is not hyperbole. This item caught my eye and it is quite telling:
Host Jackie DeAngelis asked, [relevant remarks begin around 1:35] “Obviously, supplies are going to be needed in Florida. This is the kind of thing that we keep the SPR for, emergencies within the country that are as a result of a natural disaster. If the situation worsens in Georgia, in the Carolinas, and all of a sudden, we find ourselves needing more supplies than anticipated when the administration and the [alleged] President [have] allocated those supplies, essentially, to just bring the price of gas down as a result of high inflation, your thoughts on where we stand, as a country, going into this.”
Carter responded, “Well, that’s a great point. And that’s what the reserves are for, for emergency situations, not to bring down the price of gas so that you can bring down inflation, which is what the Biden [junta] has used it for. Now, we find ourselves in a situation where perhaps we are going to need it.”
It’s not that the Junta wanted to bring down the price of gas to ease our pain; they did it to mask the pain they have intentionally inflected on us by pursuing this mad delusion of fighting a non-existent threat of “anthropogenic climate change” by destroying the fossil fuel and petrochemical industry. And like a hurricane that hits a red state bastion, if it does cause suffering for your enemies, it’s a bonus.
The easiest thing in the world for these maniacs to have done to maintain power was to leave the Trump economic miracle, driven primarily by unfettered, unhindered energy exploration of the reserves we have right here that are now easily accessible due to fracking and other technologies, in place. Of course, that would have alienated their insane base. Interesting parallel in how the GOP-e doesn’t give a shit about us but would rather kiss the ass of the Chamber of Commerce. But, again, the allure of billions in graft safe in the knowledge that no one is going to go after you because you own the criminal justice system makes it the perfect crime, or not even a crime. So long as you “never take sides against the family” (another Godfather reference).
Of course, while money is mostly the storied “root cause” of this corruption, the ideological factor is now a key player in all this. And the glittering jewel of abject stupidity in this is our very own Alexandria “Titty Caca” Ocasio-Cortez. First, the shot:
Planned Parenthood Dr. Bhavik Kumar claimed in response to a question from Rep. Andrew Clyde (R-GA) that “men can have pregnancies, especially trans men.”
“Somebody with a uterus may have the capability of becoming pregnant, whether they’re a woman or a man,” Kumar claimed. “That doesn’t make a difference.”
“OK, we’re done,” Clyde replied . . .
[Titty Caca’s reaction]. . . “The same folks who … told us that [Chinese] COVID’s just a flu, that climate change isn’t real, that January 6 was nothing but a tourist visit … are now trying to tell us that transgender people are not real.”
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-Workers of the World Unite) on Thursday tweeted a video of herself explaining why abortion is a “class issue and class struggle,” thereby demonstrating an even more open Marxism than this avowed socialist has shown up to now. In the process, AOC demonstrated the catastrophic illogic and counterfactual nature of Marxist thinking, and showed why, underneath her ditzy exterior, she is truly dangerous for the prospects of the United States remaining a free society.
Along with the video, AOC tweeted: “Abortion rights are a class struggle too. When the powerful force people to give birth against their will, they trap millions into cycles of economic setback and desperation. Especially in a country without guaranteed healthcare. And desperate workers are far easier to exploit.” In the video herself, she expanded on this, saying:
Y’know, I think it’s important to state that, um, that abortion is an economic issue. Forcing poor and working class people, uh, to give birth, um, against their will, against their consent, um, against their ability to provide for themselves or a child is a profound economic issue, and it’s certainly a way to keep, um, a workforce, uh, basically conscripted, uh, to large-scale employers and to employers to be p-, you know, to work more against their will, to take second and third jobs against their desire and their own autonomy, and so the idea that, um, abortion and access to abortion is somehow not a profound and central economic and class issue and class struggle, um, is certainly something that I think a person who has never had to contend, uh, with the ability to carry a child, um, you know, it belies that perspective.
. . . As one might expect from a Marxist, AOC’s analysis has a chilling subtext: her argument is essentially that the world would be much better off if there were far fewer people in it. It’s only greedy capitalists who want there to be more human beings, so that they can keep their rapacious capitalist machine going. In a society that is fully cognizant of the “class struggle,” by contrast, excess human beings are brutally murdered in the womb so that others are not “forced” to work more than they wish to. . .
. . . This is the same kind of thinking that has led in Communist regimes to the establishment of the gulags, Stalin’s forced famine in Ukraine, and similar atrocities. The gulags were established by those who believed that the human beings who were inconvenient because of their dissident political views could and should be worked to death and murdered on a large scale for the betterment of society. Stalin’s Ukraine famine was based on the assumption that those whom the state had designated as its enemies had forfeited the right to live, and could lawfully be killed by any means possible. Now AOC is saying that unborn children must likewise be sacrificed to the cause of establishing the Workers’ Paradise.
More Melonis. Less melon-heads with sagging melons. Have a good weekend.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- “In short, the many who mockingly liken Schwab to Emperor Palpatine or Dr. Evil are actually not being excessively hyperbolic – there’s ample validity to those comparisons.” The Grand Conspirator: Klaus Schwab
- “I understand we need to give people more opportunities,” Goldfarb, a trained nephrologist, told The Post. “But there are some things you can’t sacrifice. This focus on diversity means we’re going to take someone with a certain skin color because we think they’re OK, that they can do the work. But we’re not going to look for the best and the brightest. We’re going to look for people who are just OK to make sure we have the right mixture of ethnic groups in our medical schools.” (not even that “they’re OK” – jjs) UPenn Doctor: “Anti-Racist” Policies Are Wrecking American Medicine
- “Every agency — from the Department of Justice to Defense to Agriculture — is attempting to mobilize voters.” What Is the Biden Junta Hiding on Federal Voter Mobilization?
HURRICANE IAN UPDATES
- “A hurricane warning has been issued for South Carolina’s coast, per the National Hurricane Center’s 11 a.m. advisory.” Tropical Storm Ian Expected to Make a Second U.S. Landfall
- “We’ve never seen a flood event like this,” he said at a news briefing in the state’s capital, Tallahassee. “We’ve never seen a storm surge of this magnitude.” Gov. Ron DeSantis: Hurricane Ian Is a “500-Year Flood Event”
- “With winds exceeding 150 miles per hour, the system was tied for the fourth-strongest hurricane to ever hit the Sunshine State, according to data from Colorado State University meteorologist Philip Klotzbach.” Coast Guard Rescues Dozens From Ian’s Path of Destruction; Millions Without Power
- “. . . that’s what the reserves are for, for emergency situations, not to bring down the price of gas so that you can bring down inflation, which is what the Biden [junta] has used it for. Now, we find ourselves in a situation where perhaps we are going to need it.” GOP Rep. Buddy Carter: Biden’s Drained the Strategic Petroleum Reserve and Now We Might Need It
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- “Her department is where equal justice now goes to die. Clarke considers her calling in Biden’s Justice Department one of score-settling for past decisions, holding contemporaries responsible for historical injustices, and chasing ghosts of the past.” Radical DOJ Lawyer Kristen Clarke Targeted Pro-Life Dad and Other Conservatives
- “This is what we see when an out-of-control government tries to send a message of intimidation and fear to its perceived ideological enemies.” If the Feds Go After a Pro-Lifer Who Shoved a Bully, They’ll Go After Anyone
- Julie Kelly: “Confidential human sources serve an important purpose in the modern-day FBI: to advance a political narrative beneficial to the Democrat Party and Biden regime.” Time to Investigate the FBI’s Sketchy CHS Program
- “Why this staggering, widespread lack of attention?” Leftist Kills GOP Teen; Big Media Responds: ‘Zzzzzz’
- “FBI agent Steve Friend was reportedly suspended and escorted from a Florida field office after he declined to participate in an arrest operation targeting a Jan. 6 Capitol riot suspect.” The FBI Is ‘Revoking’ Conservative Agents’ Security Clearances, GOP Lawmakers Allege
- “I can guarantee that my husband has never spoken with me about pending cases at the Court,” Thomas told the committee. Ginni Thomas Shuts Down Misconduct Claims In Voluntary Testimony Before J6 Panel
- “Shapiro branding Mastriano as an ‘extremist’ isn’t the first one to use the strategy, and he won’t be the last. Several weeks ago on Sept. 1, America’s commander-in-chief gave one of the most horrifyingly divisive speeches by a sitting [illegitimate] president in modern history.” Dems Smearing ‘Extremist’ GOP Candidates Show What J6 Probe, Biden’s Fiery Speech Were Really About
- “The slave trade is being characterized in racial terms to justify the divisive Critical Race Theory ideology that blacks are victims oppressed by whites.” Identity Politics and the Reparations Debate
- Michelle Malkin: “Once again, the woke joke’s on us.” Our Un-American ‘Justice’ System
RAID ON MAR-A-LAGO
- “Ranking member Rob Portman (R-OH) also painted Shogan as partisan for a 2007 article in which she wrote, ‘Republicans tend to exhibit anti-intellectual qualities.’ However, Shogan cited her ’15 years of nonpartisan government’ experience and claimed Sen. Portman was taking her article out of context. Biden’s National Archives Nominee Fails to Move Past Senate Committee amid Mar-a-Lago Raid Controversy
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, DEMOCRAT-LEFT WAR ON FOSSIL FUELS, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- She’s fluent in five languages: vole, rutabaga, brachiopod, mold spore and Biden. Of course, rutabaga and Biden are in the same language group . . . Biden Junta Appoints Ron Klain’s Wife Diplomat for Plants and Animals
- “In New York, every week is climate week,” Hochul said after pulling up to the podium in an electric Chevrolet Bolt. “And we’re committed to protecting our environment and combating climate change every single day … electric vehicles are the key to achieving this.” New York Becomes Latest State to Ban Sale of New Gas Cars by 2035
- “California politicians continue to pass policies that, by all accounts, appear to be deliberately aimed at substantially reducing its residents’ ability to have reliable, on-demand electricity.” Is California a Luddite Conspiracy?
- “In summary, the climate measures in the Inflation Reduction Act are expensive, will produce no meaningful temperature reduction even if implemented globally – and none at all if implemented mostly by the U.S., EU, and a few other industrialized countries.” (some good points ruined by the premise that CO2 is a danger that needs remediation – jjs) We Are Squandering a Fortune on Climate Fixes Doomed to Fail
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “According to data from Freddie Mac, the 30-year fixed mortgage rate jumped by 0.41 percent from a week ago. A year ago, the rate was at 3.01 percent. It is also the highest it has been since July 2007, when the subprime mortgage crisis was in its early stages.”Mortgage Rates Surge to 6.7% — More than Double Since Last Year
- “In a reversal from Biden’s original sweeping proposal in August to cancel federal student loans up to $20,000, the US Department of Education announced Thursday that it would not forgive debt from borrowers whose student loans are owned by private entities.” Biden Junta Tightens Student Loan Forgiveness Amid Legal Challenges
- “Chevron will follow in the footsteps of other large companies like Tesla and American Airlines that have left California in recent years for various reasons.” (all known as Newsom – jjs) Oil Giant Sells California Office as it Ditches State For Texas
- “California and Washington progressives are furthering their political agenda by endangering consumers.” Social Justice Warriors Now Threaten Insurance Rates
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “Some Senate Republicans have suggested transferring use of the CDC’s Title 42 authority at the southern border, which allows officials to quickly deport many illegal aliens, from a Chinese coronavirus function to a combating fentanyl maneuver.” (ah, now I see why – jjs)House Democrats Block Crackdown on Fentanyl as Over 100K Americans Die Every Year from Overdoses, Poisonings
AMERICA AND THE WORLD IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “No matter what the reason, however, these lies were not only dishonest, they were morally wrong, and resulted in routinely bad policy that only made the Wuhan epidemic far worse than it ever had to be.” Part2: How the Liars Spread the Ugly Corrupt Lie of the Chinese COVID Jab
- “Yet another miraculous salary gain for a so-called public servant.” Anthony Fauci’s Net Worth Increased Over 70% to $12.7 Millions Since the Chinese COVID Pandemic, Report Says
- “Four vaccines later and with even the likes of Joe Biden admitting that the pandemic is over, there are still hordes of people who want to continue to wear face masks and to force others to do the same.” Hypochondriacs and Virtue Signalers Cause #BringMasksBack to Trend on Twitter
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “Holding fundraisers with wealthy attorneys who represent controversial clients has caused headaches for Democrat candidates in the past.” Tim Ryan Attends Fundraiser Hosted by Attorney Who Pressed To Minimize Payouts to Nassar’s Victims
- “Nevada’s former top cops now facing off for crucial Senate seat.” As AG, Cortez Masto Left Thousands of Rape Kits Untested. Laxalt Helped Clear the Backlog—And Arrests Followed.
- “We know how to combat crime because we did it in the 1990’s. How many hundreds or thousands more people will die before we stop playing ‘pretend?'” Murder, Inc. Meets ‘Calvin and Hobbes’
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “ABA files amicus brief in pending case testing legality of a Pennsylvania professional conduct rule muzzling lawyers’ supposedly offensive speech, clearly intended to mandate adherence to leftist race and other politics.” American Bar Association Files Brief Supporting Disciplining Lawyers Who Offend Protected Groups
- “The Washington Post’s ‘seven silver linings’ to a recession are just deceptions that pretend struggling Americans are OK financially.” Washington Post Finally Learns What a Recession Is and Swears it “Could Be Good for You Financially”
- “How can declaring the 2020 election illegitimate be prohibited if saying the same thing about 2016 was and is encouraged?” One-Sided Social Media Censorship: YouTube Proves the Point
- “An impressive list.” The Flood of Political Violence the Press Refuses to Cover
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “Government schools have become day camps for indoctrinating a woke cadre.” Kids Must Cry
- Christopher Rufo: “San Francisco Unified School District facilitates secret child sexual transitions and allows students to identify as ‘it.'” Pronouns Unbound
- “Bessinger targeted for a protest on September 30, organized by Classical High School students Bessinger asserts are ‘lead by activist mob teachers; with instructions for students to cover their faces to avoid identification.” Whistleblower Providence (RI) Teacher Ramona Bessinger Under Attack Again, Teachers Helping Organize Student Protest Against Her
- “By this past summer, the answer I had been avoiding was unavoidable. New York City is not savable. Not for a generation at least. Possibly not forever.” Anti-CRT Parent Advocate Leaving New York City for the “Free State of Florida”
- Kindergarteners are taught about gender identity and expression as well as male and female anatomy through books like “Sparkle Boy” and “Not All Processes Dress In Pink.” Wisconsin School District Uses Kindergarten Sex Ed Curriculum Developed by Trans Activists, Dr. Who Pushes Child Gender Transition (not “Dr. Who” but “a doctor who” – jjs)
- “What the anti-book banning fetish in our schools is really about.” Banned Books Bunkum
- “The woke takeover of universities is advancing with the tacit approval of Republicans in a deeply red state.” Tennessee Republicans Can Stop the Insanity
- Ocasio-Cortez lashed out over Clyde’s response, claiming: “The same folks who … told us that [Chinese] COVID’s just a flu, that climate change isn’t real, that January 6 was nothing but a tourist visit … are now trying to tell us that transgender people are not real.” (she’s not just vapid; she’s dangerous – jjs) SHOT: Titty Caca AOC Attacks Republican Who Said Men Cannot Get Pregnant: They Don’t Believe In Climate Change!
- Robert Spencer: “AOC is young and appealing to young Leftists of her ilk, and thus continues to be a rising star among the Democrats. But her vision of the ideal society as she has inadvertently revealed it here is monstrous. The human race has been down that road. It leads to bloodshed, poverty, and the destruction of human dignity and the human spirit. We must not allow this putatively charming young woman to take us down that road again.”CHASER: Commie Titty Caca AOC: Abortion Is Part of “Class Struggle,” Pro-Lifers Help Big Corporations Maintain Large Workforce
- “Reprehensible act of gross blasphemy.” Renowned California Pastor Writes Open Letter to Gavin Newsom After Abortion Billboards Quote Jesus
- “Abortion not only poses risk to the mother. It is always lethal to an unborn child.” OB-GYN: “Abortion Neither Prevents, Treats or Palliates Any Disease … It Is Therefore Not Health Care for the Mother or Her Fetus”
- “I can’t believe it’s necessary to say this, but men cannot get pregnant and cannot give birth, regardless of how they identify themselves. Why in the world would Democrats have brought in a person whose title is ‘director of trans care’ for an abortion hearing when only biological women can become pregnant?” Woke Planned Parenthood Doctor Claims ‘Men Can Have Pregnancies.’ GOP Congressman Levels Him.
- “The GOP’s goal in the run up to the midterms should not be to change the national consensus on abortion but to provide a path forward for the American Right.” (we already own the consensus; to one degree or another this nation is essentially pro-life – jjs) How Republicans Can Crush Crazed Democrats on Abortion
- “Is a human heartbeat really just a ‘manufactured sound?'” Stacey “Tank” Abrams’ Pro-Abortion Lies
THE 2020 ELECTION HEIST AND AFTERMATH
- “The Milwaukee mayor asked a Democrat Party operative for help spinning the city’s privately funded get-out-the-vote campaign.” “Zuckbucks 2.0”: Democrat Operatives Are Helping Milwaukee Rig Its 2022 Elections
- “During the August primary in Gaines Township Precinct 8, someone saw the election worker insert a personal USB drive into an Electronic Poll Book computer, which is used to administer elections in precincts and contains voter registration information, County Clerk Lisa Posthumus Lyons announced.” Michigan Election Worker Charged With Falsifying Records
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “What a New York Times report on Hasidic education in New York reveals about liberal priorities.” Cultural Sensitivity for Me, But Not for Thee
- “Its hit job on the Catholic Church for maintaining a venerable tradition is pathetic.” AP Casts Confessional Seal as Scandalous “Loophole”
- Mollie Hemingway: “If Democrats could pull off an upset in Utah, it would have profound consequences for the control of the Senate — and the rest of the country.” GOP Senators Baffled by Mitt Romney’s Ploy to Oust Mike Lee — And Maybe Thwart a Majority
- After being a governor, running Bain Capital, and the Olympic gains under his belt, Romney wanted to add “Senator” to his resume and money to his pocket. And that is why he is so willing to slip on something sexy and slide into bed with the very people who were calling for his head just a few short elections ago. No Surprise: ‘Liz’ Romney Stabs Mike Lee in the Back
- “The report suggests that Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen and National Economic Council Director Brian Deese are among those likely to get the boot in what Axios describes as a ‘broad reorganization of [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Biden’s economic team.’”White House in Turmoil, Planning Major Shake-Up
- Per commenter MTF: “Suburban districts flipping to Republican means a landslide is coming.”Underreported Data Suggests Victory for GOP in PA Suburbs
- “Jamie McLeod-Skinner and Kim Schrier have long supported progressive policies.” These Pacific Northwest Democrats Say They’re Moderates. Their Records Show Otherwise.
- Deroy Murdock: “They show — yet again — why it’s time to vote them out of the Senate.”Manchin and McConnell: The Idiot and the Invertebrate
- “Few politicians are better deserving.” Malig-Nancy Pelosi Deserves to be Booed and Fired (into the sun – jjs)
THE UKRAINIAN “FRONT”
- A toilet flooded in Georgia and stopped the vote count. Not our Georgia, their Georgia.Vladimir Putin Set To Claim Wide Swaths Of Ukraine After ‘Sham’ Referenda
- “The $65 billion is roughly equivalent to Russia’s entire military budget for 2021, including Russian soldiers’ pay and housing, according to an estimate from the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).” Congress’ Military Aid to Ukraine to Hit $65 Billion
- “The official reasoning they’re giving to tell everyone to leave is to avoid getting conscripted in their mobilization effort but that logic only applies to dual citizens and this advisory is for all Americans.” U.S. Urges Americans to Leave Russia in Wake of ‘Sabotage’ of Nord Stream Pipelines
- “No one expected Putin’s move to be popular, but images of tens of thousands of Russian men of fighting age flooding into the European Union, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Mongolia — and really any country willing to take them — have been stunning. One would think Russia is being invaded, not the other way around.” Russian Men Fleeing Mobilization Could Bring Down fleeing Putin — But Destabilize Eastern Europe
- “Although Russia most likely conducted the attacks on the Nord Stream pipelines, NATO is unlikely to invoke a provision requiring all members to come to the collective defense of a member that sustains an attack, experts told the Daily Caller News Foundation.” (Whoconducted the attacks?” These “experts” wouldn’t know their ass from their elbow – jjs) Is NATO Closer To War With Russia After Nord Stream Sabotage?
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “What an absolute disaster.” Kamala Harris Slammed Over ‘Embarrassing’ Trip To South Korea
- “The State Department criticized the attacks, but would not say if it is taking any punitive measures, such as sanctions, as a result. The IRGC is one of the region’s top terror sponsors and has killed hundreds of Americans over the years.” Iranian Missile Strikes Kill American Citizen, State Department Confirms
- “Hamas is broke – and needs to keep the money flowing from the Mullahs.” (and the mullahs get their pallets of cash from? – jjs) Hamas Under Iranian Pressure to Restore Ties With Syria
* * * * *
- Xi “makes the case straight up that democracies can’t be sustained in the 21st century. You just saw what’s happened in Italy in that election. You’re seeing what’s happening around the world.” Biden Puts Italy’s New PM Giorgi Meloni on the Same Level as Chinese Dictator Xi Jinping
- “Italy’s Giorgia Meloni is only the most recent winner among a wave of new conservative leaders taking elections in Europe.” Can the EU Survive Europe’s Conservative Election Wave?
- “Italy’s new prime minister is bending the arc of modern history in her native land and with other partners will do the same across all of Europe.” Meloni’s Grande Nuova Italia
- “One of the surviving clips on Twitter gives a sample of Meloni’s powerful speech — and shows why Globalists despise and fear her message.” YouTube May Have Yanked New Italian PM’s Viral Speech, But This One’s Just as Good
- “Those obsessed with fascists often behave like them.” Will the Real Fascists Please Stand Up?
- “It is seen in the boring hysteria about Giorgia Meloni.” The European Death Wish
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “The records disclosed pertained to a U.S. Army veteran, a DoD employee, and the spouses of other Army veterans who were patients at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, home to the Army Special Operations Command.” First Openly Trans Army Officer Charged After Alleged Attempt to Leak Soldiers’ Medical Info to Russia
- “Fewer young Americans are proving suitable for the military. The effects could be catastrophic.” US Army Desperately Searches for Competent Recruits
- “The next administration’s top priority must be a dramatic reduction in the four-star overhead.” America’s Four-Star Problem
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE COURTS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE
- Daniel Greenfield: “Every utopia is a dystopia. Especially California.” The State of Dreams
- “While it is unclear, and there are fewer “culture war”-centric cases on the docket this term than there were last term, there is still reason for cautious optimism in some of the marquee impending cases.” Will the Conservative Momentum at the Supreme Court Continue This Term?
HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE
- “We use the mosquitoes like they’re 1,000 small flying syringes,” Dr. Sean Murphy, physician and scientist at the university, told NPR. (oh terrific! – jjs) University of Washington Vaccinates Humans Using Genetically Modified Mosquitoes
- “Injection of xylazine, a muscle relaxant intended for large animals, can cause ulcerating wounds that spread across the body.” Horse Tranquilizer Now Being Mixed with Street Drugs, with Deadly Results
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “This plan grew out of concern by NASA that the new Starship orbital launchpad was too close to LC-39A, and could possibly damage it during a launch. Should that happen, and no back-up launchpad was available, the agency would have no way to get astronauts up to ISS, since Boeing’s Starliner is not yet operational. Because of that concern, NASA made it clear that no Starship launches could occur in Florida until this issue was resolved.” SpaceX to Upgrade 2nd Kennedy Launchpad for Manned Launches
- “When Webb was first conceived in the late 1990s, it was exactly for this reason, to combine Hubble’s optical vision with Webb’s infrared view. Though more than a decade late, it has finally happened.” Hubble and Webb Make First Coordinated Observations Tracking DART Impact of Dimorphus (I read that as Chelsea’s dad – jjs)
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “The New York Times admits that kids are being mutilated. Why?” It’s Not Happening, and It’s Good That It Is
- “Aligned with our mission.” Seattle Children’s Promises To Keep Operating On Trans Children
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “The lawyer for the class action plaintiffs says his firm ‘has been inundated with calls’ from Amex employees.” (hat tip to commenter MTF – jjs) Three More Plaintiffs Join Class Action Against American Express Alleging Discrimination Toward White Employees
- “The airline has also begun providing optional ‘pronoun badges’ to its employees and customers, and accommodating gender neutral passport markers, the company announced in a press release on Wednesday.” Virgin Atlantic Adds Men in Skirts and Pronoun Badges to ‘Personal Choice’ Showers in Employee ‘Gender Identity Policy’
- “It makes money by encouraging children to mimic promiscuous adults.” Teen VogueGrooms Children With Sex Toys
- “The Left continues to desecrate sacred American treasures.” (the problem is not necessarily the bloated lowlife, but the fools who actually gave her the instrument in the first place – jjs) Pop Music Icon Twerks While Playing James Madison’s Flute
- Buckwheat called; he wants his hair back. Trevor Noah Quits Daily Show; Latest to Depart in Humorless Post-Trump Era
- “A poignant play distorts WWII history to serve a false narrative.” Remember This: The Lesson of Jan Karski
HITHER & YON
- “The Italian city’s urban core harkens back to the Middle Ages.” (truly magical place, as is much of Italy – jjs) Siena’s Medieval Cityscape
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.