Good morning, kids. Start of a new week and while the bombshell revelations late Friday about Twitter colluding with the FBI to suppress and discredit the Hunter Biden laptop story for an an entire year in the run up to the 2020 elections are to many of us, just another entry in the No-Shit-Sherlock files, the question is what’s to be done about it? Yes that is a rhetorical question since it would ultimately lead one to the conclusion that only the most radical solution imaginable is the only one that would solve this problem.
Because this problem is not merely the FBI. The FBI is the DOJ is the EPA is the IRS is the DHS is the HHS and on and on and on. We expect this kind of crap in totalitarian dictatorships. The big difference is, unlike in the aforementioned, here in the good ol’ US of A, a sizable percentage of the citizenry is actually on the side of the regime. That makes the radical solution to solve the problem that much more radical by orders of magnitude.
After years of denial and deplatforming of those who dared question the collusion of Big Tech with Leftist deep state officials to influence the 2020 presidential election and make sure that Donald Trump was not reelected, the facts have been revealed. Elon Musk on Friday night revealed through Matt Taibbi (who though he is a Leftist seems actually to be a genuine journalist), how Twitter spiked the story of Hunter Biden’s laptop and prevent the sordid details of his influence-peddling for The Big Guy to get out to the public, and possibly tip the election in Trump’s favor. Since the revelation, the establishment media and leading Democrats have been in furious damage control mode, insisting that the revelations don’t reveal what everyone can see they reveal, and even if they do, they don’t matter. But it’s undeniable now: the fix was in. . .
. . . Biden is president now, or at least he has the title, and his handlers have demonstrated no greater respect for the freedom of speech than they did in 2020. They tried to establish a Disinformation Governance Board in the Department of Homeland Security, backing down only after a barrage of negative publicity. The Biden [junta] continued to work with Twitter to censor dissident voices, notably that of [Chinese] COVID hysteria skeptic Alex Berenson. . .
. . . This is the [junta] that trotted out Old Joe in front of an ominous, Nazi-reminiscent red-and-black backdrop, flanked by two Marines, to declare that half of the American electorate represents “an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our republic.” The authoritarians are in charge now, and they are continuing their self-appointed role as the guardians of what you may and may not see and hear. Elon Musk, with his commitment to the freedom of speech, which is the foundation of any free society, has them frightened and enraged.
Before going further, Matt Taibbi is to be commended. As an individual, there is no doubt that he for sure is a doctrinaire liberal. But with this, as with much of his work over the past several years, he has the intellectual honesty to be an actual journalist, do his job and report the facts as they are, wherever the story takes him, while subsuming his own politics in the process. The country would be in a far better place today than it is if all those who have called themselves journalists followed his lead. Alas, for decades now, that has not been the case. In fact, the pre-internet and pre-talk radio media were and remain propagandists and stenographers for the Democrat party, and the globalist agenda to destroy America as founded. Add them to the pedagogues and you see the problem I alluded to a few paragraphs ago.
The current “media”—loosely defined as the old major newspapers like the New York Times and Washington Post, the network news channels, MSNBC and CNN, PBS and NPR, the online news aggregators like Google, Apple, and Yahoo, and the social media giants like the old Twitter and Facebook—are corrupt.
They have adopted in their news coverage a utilitarian view that noble progressive ends justify almost any unethical means to obtain them. The media is unapologetically fused with the Democratic Party, the bicoastal liberal elite, and the progressive agenda.
The result is that the public cannot trust that the news it hears or reads is either accurate or true. The news as presented by these outlets has been carefully filtered to suppress narratives deemed inconvenient or antithetical to the political objectives of these entities, while inflating themes deemed useful.
This bias now accompanies increasing (and increasingly obvious) journalistic incompetence. Lax standards reflect weaponized journalism schools and woke ideology that short prior basic requisites of writing and ethical protocols of quoting and sourcing. In sum, a corrupt media that is ignorant, arrogant, and ideological explains why few now trust what it delivers. . .
. . . The media does not just suppress, but concocts. The entire Russian-collusion hoax—Robert Mueller’s vain 22-month and $40 million investigation—was a complete waste of time on the one hand, but on the other an effective effort to destroy the effectiveness of an elected president.
How many print and television celebrity journalists declared that Trump would shortly resign, be jailed, or impeached over the pee-pee tape or Christopher Steele’s other mishmash of lies? The problem for the media in promoting the fallacious dossier was not just that it was untrue, but that it was so awfully written, so obviously poorly sourced, and so Drudge Report-like amateurishly sensational that it could not be appear factual to any sane person—other than an agenda-driven and addled journalist who found it useful. . .
. . . Why, after the midterms, did we suddenly learn that Donald Trump did not, as in the case of Barack Obama’s Lois Lerner skullduggery, manipulate the IRS for political purposes to go after James Comey and Andrew McCabe? Why suddenly post-election did we read that his presidential papers at Mar-a-Lago really did not contain “nuclear codes” and “nuclear secrets” or stuff intended for sale? Why did we learn after November 8 that a special counsel was suddenly appointed? Why did we discover the Ponzi scheme of Sam Bankman-Fried only after the midterms and why is he treated as an aw-shucks teen in bum drag rather than a calculating and conniving crook? . . .
. . . The long, slow death of Jeffery Zucker’s CNN is emblematic of all the mortal sins listed above of our present-day corrupt media.
It is ancient history now and thus forgotten that the self-righteous MSNBC anchorman Lawrence O’Donnell falsely claimed that Deutsche Bank documents would prove that Russian oligarchs co-signed a loan application for Donald Trump.
Over a decade ago, CNN’s Candy Crowley—remember this impartial “moderator” of the second 2012 presidential debate?—infamously transformed before our very television eyes into an active and shameless partisan by attacking candidate Mitt Romney. CNN commentator Donna Brazile topped Crowley when she unethically leaked primary-debate questions to candidate Hillary Clinton. When pressed, Brazile serially denied her role. . .
. . . In sum, there is no media. It has ceased to exist, and the public plods on by assuming as true whatever the Pravda-like news outlets suppress and as false whatever they cover.
Yes the “public plods on.” It reminds me in a way of something from the Jewish holiday of Passover, where we are introduced to a parable known as “the Four Sons.”
The Wise Son, the Wicked Son, the Simple (or Lazy) Son, and the Son Who Doesn’t Know Enough to Ask. If you want to know more about it from a Judaic perspective, click here for a simple explanation from the Orthodox Union. But, as it reflects the citizenry of this nation, I think you can understand why it came to mind (at least I hope so).
Thus endeth the lesson.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- Richard Fernandez: “Looking West from China one might add that for the same reason Russia cannot retreat from Ukraine: Putin can never err. Dismayingly, neither can the new autocratic Western elite.” Pitiless Politics
- “We reached this milestone thanks to myriad wonders of human ingenuity.” Hurrah for 8 Billion Humans
- “Are we in the early days of a manmade global famine?” The Elites’ War on Food
- Victor Davis Hanson: “The media has ceased to exist, and the public plods on by assuming as true whatever the media suppresses and as false whatever the media covers.” How Corrupt is a Corrupt Media?
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- Robert Spencer: “Now we know: Twitter spiked the Hunter Biden story to save the 2020 election for The Big Guy.” Twittergate – The Fix Was In
- Miranda Devine: “The extraordinary revelation for the first time lays bare how the FBI was involved in pre-bunking the story of the laptop, which had been in the bureau’s possession for almost a year.” FBI Warned Twitter During “Weekly” Meetings of Hunter Biden “Hack-and-Leak Operation” Before Censoring NY Post
- Baker previously worked as general counsel for the FBI and testified in 2018 that he personally reviewed the FISA application against Carter Page. FBI investigators initially sought a FISA warrant against Page in August 2016. Lawyers with the FBI rejected the proposal, saying they needed to have more information to support allegations that Page was a Russian agent before approving the warrant. When former British spy Christopher Steele provided the FBI with six memos from the now-infamous “Steele dossier” in September 2016, the FBI approved the warrant. Former FBI Lawyer Who Approved FISA Warrant To Spy On Trump Helped Censor Hunter Biden Laptop Story
- Clarice Feldman: “Elon Musk and Matt Taibbi just opened up another crack in the door revealing how the FBI and DNC manipulated Twitter in the run-up to the election.” The Media Undertakers Must be Getting Exhausted
- “The risk of something happening to me is quite significant.” Elon Musk Increases Personal Security Over Concerns About His Safety
- “As I’m watching this all play out, I’m wondering if @elonmusk has any hidden twitter files relating to what went on here,” he posted on his Twitter account. “Let’s be clear: under the watch of @vijaya they allowed these illegal threats when I was 16 years old.” Nick Sandmann Asks Musk to Release “Hidden” Twitter Files on Death Threats Against Him
- “Elon Musk cast light on Apple’s power to censor disfavored speech through its App Store. Could Musk be the man to change that?” Is America Ready for the E-Phone?
- “There is not one single article about @elonmusk or the @twitter email release last night on @nytimes app this morning.” Musk then responded and said “That is because The New York Times has become, for all intents and purposes, an unregistered lobbying firm for far left politicians.” ‘An Unregistered Lobbying Firm’: Musk Rips NYT After Silence On ‘Twitter Files’
* * * * *
- “Hogan Lovells fires retired partner for stating hard truths about abortion in the black community.” At Big Law Firms, Voicing Disfavored Opinions and Inconvenient Facts is Dangerous to Your Career
- “The JCPA would create an antitrust exemption for the news media and broadcast industries, allowing them to form a media cartel to negotiate with big tech for online advertising revenue. Withrow and many others have said it would only empower establishment media conglomerates instead of benefiting local outlets.” Policy Expert Josh Withrow: Media Cartel Bill a Boon for Media Conglomerates Like News Corp
- “The report allegedly found more than 500 accounts soliciting child sex abuse material that appeared alongside or on profile pages of at least 30 major advertisers’ Twitter accounts, which led some of those companies to pull or pause their ad services from the social media platform.” ‘Zero Tolerance’: Suspension Rate Nearly Doubles For Twitter Accounts Exploiting Child Sex Abuse Material
- “If they don’t get enough of a salary bump, they’re going to stop working for 24 hours next Thursday.” Pretty Please: NY Times Newsroom Threatens Walkout Over Pay Dispute
- IllumiNative is a self-described “racial justice organization” funded by a dark money behemoth that encourages elementary school students to fight for Democratic Party initiatives like universal health care. Its purpose is similar to various far-left activist groups, focusing on “breaking through systems of white supremacy” and “grassroots organizing,” according to IllumiNative’s website. New Washington Post Communications Chief Moonlights as Board Member of Far-Left Activist Group
- “To sum up: DeSantis is not a fun and convivial dude. He prefers to keep his earbuds in. His ‘Step away from the vehicle’ vibes are strong.” – former NY Times “reporter” Mark Leibovich, writing in The Atlantic. Latest Media Attack on Ron DeSantis: He’s “Not a Fun and Convivial Dude”
CHINA INTERNAL UNREST
- “He dignifies this stance as the ‘way of diplomacy.’” The Pope’s Shameless Coddling of the Chicoms
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- “What if MAGA Americans altogether and all at once simply said, ‘No more?’ What if they shrugged their shoulders and let everything fall down?” What If MAGA Shrugged?
- Members of Students for Life Action said they saw the note taped to the front of the St. John Paul II Newman Center in Omaha, Nebraska on Saturday after they arrived to host its Nebraska Political Leadership Workshop. The purpose of the workshop was to “strategize about how to use Students for Life’s Campaign for Abortion Free Cities to shut down Dr. Leroy Carhart’s infamous late-term abortion facility in the state and work towards the Sanctuary City Ordinance in Bellevue.” Pro-Life Group in Nebraska Receives Shooting Threat Note Allegedly Signed by ‘Jane’s Revenge’
- “Under Merrick Garland, the DOJ is little more than a partisan apparatus used to punish the Biden [junta’s] enemies.” Merrick Garland Ignores Calls For Hunter Biden Probe To Instead Interfere With Trump’s 2024 Chances
- “That’s the question Kathleen Casillo encountered last year. Now she’s in court, and her life may be ruined.” What Do You Do When BLM Attacks You in Your Car?
- Daniel Greenfield: “The reward for covering up one crime is the opportunity to cover up the next one.” Biden’s IRS Commish Pick Covered Up Obama’s Targeting of Conservatives
- In late October, with the 2022 midterms just two weeks away, the Committee of 100—a nonprofit that works to “advance U.S.-China relations”—issued a statement condemning China-related campaign ads from California Republican Michelle Steel. Those ads, which the committee said included “racist attacks” that encouraged “anti-Asian hate and violence,” criticized Democrat challenger Jay Chen’s past support for the Confucius Classroom program, a CCP-run initiative that provides American K-12 schools with Beijing-backed teachers and curriculum materials. Meet the Beijing-Aligned Group That Branded a Republican’s Tough-on-China Rhetoric ‘Racist’
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, DEMOCRAT-LEFT WAR ON FOSSIL FUELS, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- Richard Fernandez: “As the First World vanishes, who will pay reparations for ‘climate change?'” ‘Global Warming’ Meets the Kobayashi Maru
- “The Dutch plan to close thousands of farms will affect much more than the economy.”Dutch Freedom Requires Dutch Farmers
- “The return to energy reality the Ukrainian War has prompted merely sped up the inevitable consequences of green energy diktats by a decade. Suppressing the data demonstrating this reality isn’t going to change that.” The ‘Energy Transition’ Will Be Delayed a Bit
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “A railway strike has supposedly just been averted, by the intervention of Congress. Who are the good guys and the bad guys here?” The Morals of a Railway Strike
- “Biden delivered a crushing blow to labor’s leverage. The sham is over. Joe Biden knows whose side he’s on. And now so does everyone else.” ‘Pro-Union’ Joe Biden Sides With Big Business
- “Biden prioritized efficiency over resiliency.” Marco Rubio Op-Ed: Biden’s Rail Debacle Signals Shakeup
- “Among the major worker groups, the unemployment rates for adult men (3.4 percent), adult women (3.3 percent), teenagers (11.3 percent), Whites (3.2 percent), Blacks (5.7 percent), Asians (2.7 percent), and Hispanics (3.9 percent) showed little or no change over the month.” Dropping: Labor Force Participation, Number of Employed; Rising: Labor Force Dropouts
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- However big the seizure is, you have to believe that it’s a drop in the ocean compared to what has gotten through. Border Patrol Agents Make Historic Liquid Fentanyl Seizure in South Texas
- “The Jones thesis of cultural transplant devastates the starry-eyed ‘come one, come all’ immigration advocacy popular among progressives and libertarians.” The Culture Transplant Shatters the Case for Mass Immigration
AMERICA AND THE WORLD IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “Newly released emails cast more doubt than ever on the official story of [Chinese] Covid-19 as a naturally occurring virus.” Proximal Orchestrations
- Today’s No-Shit-Sherlock Dept. entry . . . Whistleblower Says Chinese COVID Leaked From Wuhan Lab
- “Leader McCarthy raised this with the [so-called quote-unquote “president”] and the [so-called quote-unquote “president”] told him he would consider it,” White House spokesperson Olivia Dalton told the outlet. Congress, White House Consider Repealing Military Vaccine Mandate
- “Wearing masks, particularly cloth masks, has little effect on the spread of [Chinese] COVID-19, studies show. Nearly half of parents, meanwhile, say forcing children to wear masks at school has hurt their educational, relational, and mental development, a poll found earlier this year.” Los Angeles Poised To Reinstate Indoor Mask Mandate
- “Anyone still wearing a face mask to protect himself from [Chinese] Covid probably has no intention of ever shedding it now. Residents may no longer even have a choice in Los Angeles, where local health officials pledge to reinstate mandates as soon as next week.” LA Health Officials Won’t Move On From Chinese Covid Because They Can’t
- “A bigger budget and more ‘expert review’ will only insulate the agency from change.”Reform the CDC—Before Another Pandemic Hits
- Lloyd Billingsley: “Without crucial reforms, the NIAID boss Anthony Fauci will be neither gone nor forgotten.” Post-Faucist America
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- Margot Cleveland: “Biden might not even care if the Supreme Court strikes his loan forgiveness program. It already worked to get out Democrat midterm votes.” Right After Biden Successfully Buys Votes With Student Loan Bailout, Supreme Court Will Weigh In
- “In our top universities, Dead White Males are out; Black Queer BDSM is in.” Institutions of Lower Learning
- “Most of us did a double take on that, but not PBS’s Christiane Amanpour. When failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton went on Amanpour and Company to discuss the women’s rights summit the Clinton Presidential Center is hosting, Amanpour didn’t seem disturbed by Hillary equating the saving of unborn babies with raping and shooting women, according to LifeNews.”” Hillary Clinton Says Saving Unborn Babies from Abortion Is Like…Terrorists Killing, Raping Women
THE 2020 AND 2022ELECTION HEISTS & AFTERMATH
- “The bombshell leak comes amid Elon Musk releasing internal company communications through journalist Matt Taibbi late last week, showing the company had previously censored conservatives at the behest of the Democrat Party.” Leaked Email Alleges Arizona Gov-Elect Katie Hobbs, Twitter Employees Colluded To Censor ‘Election Related Misinformation’
- Of course not. Time will be needed to see how many fake ballots will be needed to defeat Walker and look at least semi-kosher. Georgia Official Doubts Senate Runoff Winner Will Be Known On Election Night
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “There’s growing realization that life in America is not the same for Jews as it was twenty or even ten years ago.” Racism? Anti-Semitism? Churchill to the Rescue Again
BIDEN CRIME FAMILY REVELATIONS
- “Did Joe Biden do anything that benefited the corrupt oligarch who was paying his son a million dollars a year?” Interrogated By Cruz, Diplomat Gives False Testimony About Biden’s Billion Dollar Bribe
DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- “[Maxine ‘mikvah’] Waters’ remarks could raise concerns that lawmakers will give Bankman-Fried the kid-glove treatment as they investigate what went wrong at FTX. House Dem Praises ‘Candid’ Crypto Kingpin Ahead of Congressional Hearing
- “Biden’s 2020 bacon was saved in South Carolina when, after three straight primary defeats and nearly being dismissed as a candidate, he rallied with the help of his friend Rep. Jim Clyburn and won. He was never headed after that. This past week, Joe Biden sent a letter to the committee mulling changes to the Democratic primaries and left no doubt he was running for president in 2024.” Biden Dramatically Reshapes the Democratic Primary Calendar Signaling He Will Run in 2024
- “You know, he’s been there a long time. He’s been the leader for a long time. I think that he has those that allow him to put together the kind of deals that were necessary to get to 218. However, if there are seven or eight people who are not going to vote for him, I’d advise him to go and look on the other side of the aisle and see whether there are some deals over there to be made as well.” Clyburn: I Advise McCarthy to Make a Deal with Democrats for Speaker Votes
- David Marcus: “This is hardball politics. It’s not pretty. But if that is how it all plays out it will be a win for McCarthy, a win for the populists and very likely a win for GOP voters and the American people.” The Case For Kevin McCarthy – And For His Adversaries
- “The recount was widely expected, but Boebert’s opponent, Adam Frisch, already conceded to Boebert in mid-November, acknowledging that there was little chance that the recount would result in a change in the outcome.” One House Seat Remains to Be Called, But It’s Already Over
- As Harris stumbles into gaffes and reportedly increases tensions in the West Wing, several high-level staffers have left her office this year. Former chief of staff Tina Flournoy, former deputy chief of staff Michael Fuchs, and former domestic policy adviser Rohini Kosoglu all quit earlier this year. Staff Exodus: Another Kamala Aide Heads for the Exit
* * * * *
- He added that the black vote is “just something that I don’t think the Democratic Party can take for granted anymore because everybody wants tangibles. Everybody wants something that is gonna benefit their community specifically. People are voting their interests, nothing more, nothing less.” Charlamagne Tha G0d is right: Democrats think they own our black vote
- “The governor is not trying to portray himself as a man of the people.” Gavin’s Administration: Insiderish, Elitist, and Politically Correct
- “Neoconservatives are trying to make a comeback with DeSantis.” Revenge of the Neocons?
- “We should not forget the people on the rightward edge of Washington’s bell curve.”Farewell to the Imperial City
THE UKRAINIAN “FRONT”
- ZeroHedge commented on the situation, “Critics of the massive US weapons pipeline to Ukraine have long pointed out there’s no accountability or appropriate tracking once those arms enter the country, presenting ripe opportunities for criminals, terrorists, or lucrative black market arms sellers to take advantage.” U.S. Arms Sent to Ukraine Make Their Way to Boko Haram
- “It’s time to cut Zelenskyy, Ukraine’s Nazi regime, and our warmongers in Congress loose.”Zelenskyy Tried To Push America Into World War III
- “Maybe Sigmund Freud and Jonathan Swift can shed some light on the problems between Putin and Zelensky.” Russia and Ukraine: The Narcissism of Minor Differences
- “Meetings should start as soon as possible to discuss how to end the war, ways to prevent future conflict, security assurances, reconstruction, and returning POWs—for starters.” If Ukraine Wants U.S. Aid, It Needs to Come to the Bargaining Table
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- JPost: “The attacks involved a shooting, targeting a synagogue in Essen and a failed arson attack on a synagogue in Bochum.” Report: Iran Hired Gangster to Carry Out Attacks on German Synagogues
- “The Iranian government is extremely factionalized and it’s not unusual for one faction to promote a policy or action while another faction opposed it. And with rumors that Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei is seriously ill, it might even be a question of ‘who’s in charge?'”Iran Abolishes Morality Police. Or Did They?
- “How long can such a regime cling to power?” (as long as the Kalorama Junta gives it walking around money – jjs) The Iranian Regime and Its Enemies Within
- “It’s taking a page out of Joe Biden’s book, placating progressives at the expense of diplomacy.” The FBI Sets Its Sights on Israel
- “Fadi Kablawi targets Jews, Christians, gays, women, fellow Muslims, even house pets.” The Other Imam at the South Florida Islamic Center
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE COURTS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE
- “A reparations task force in California has estimated black residents are entitled to more than $223,000 each to compensate for racism and slavery.” California’s Reparations Plan Would Spend Almost Double the State’s Entire Budget on Race-Based Handouts
- “Beyond slavery, the panel is considering payments to compensate for a variety of allegedly discriminatory practices, including housing discrimination and ‘mass incarceration.’”California, a Free State Since 1850, May Pay $233,000 in Reparations per Slavery Descendant
HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE
- “Madam, if you are really so desperate, we can give you medical assistance in dying now,” the caseworker allegedly told Gauthier in 2019. Gauthier testified she was shocked by VAC’s “offer.” Canadian Veteran Complains About Wait Time for a Chairlift, Trudeau’s Goverment Offers to Kill Her
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “This pause is somewhat unprecedented. Though random fluctuations in the ramp up toward maximum are not unusual, that ramp up has almost always been steep, fast, and more or less continuous. The last time there was any long pause to maximum was during the ramp up to the 2016 solar maximum.” Sunspot update: The Sun’s unprecedented pause to maximum continues
- “Apparently, the FCC’s decision here was essentially a rubber-stamp of recommendations by Amazon, whose Kuiper constellation (so far entirely unlaunched) would be SpaceX’s direct competitor. In other words, the FCC is now taking sides against Starlink to favor its competitors.” FCC Puts the Squeeze on SpaceX’s Starlink
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “For one: How can I get in on this racket?” I Have Some Questions About Gender Assignment
- “Kids with autism should not be viewed as prey for the lucrative and immoral gender industry.” How the Transgender Industry Targets Victims of Autism
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “We are mothers, we are consumers, and we are taking a stand: stop putting profit over our children. . . fed up with the sexualization, exploitation, indoctrination, child mutilation, and all these agendas that are happening right now in this country and the climate.”Protesters Rally Against Balenciaga In 20 Cities After BDSM-Themed Ad Campaign, Organizers Say
- “Anyone who actually watched Wednesday can see that the ‘racism’ accusations are ridiculous and performative.” When Media Tried To Turn Netflix’s Wednesday Into a Racism Controversy, Its Producer Shut Them Down
- “The Kroger promotional video at this website is especially blunt about its support and advocacy of the queer agenda, under the guise of ‘inclusion’ and ‘diversity.’ It shows the company’s enthusiastic participation in a gay pride parade, including its own float with very young children included.” Pushback: Kroger must pay $180,000 to two Arkansas workers, fired for refusing to support the queer agenda
- Christian Toto: “Film’s smart, sly first half gives way to a parade of stone-faced lectures.”Triangle of Sadness Drowns in a Sea of Socialist Wishcasting
- “Before iPhones and the internet and Twitter and outrage culture, there was an understanding that beneath the veneer of civilization was something wild, dangerous, and joyful.” The 1980s on Trial
- Roger Kimball: “Many art museums may still look like the marmoreal palaces of yore, but increasingly their goals are in tension with the calm solidity of their galleries and pavilions.”Art Museums and Impermanence
HITHER & YON
- “Nixon set the stage for victory in the Cold War.” Don’t Blame Nixon for China’s Rise
- “He’s more than just John Doe, he’s also Longfellow Deeds, Jefferson Smith, and George Bailey.” President Trump is the Hero of Many a Capra Film
- “The songwriter’s new book wearily indulges all the subterfuges of his style and persona.”Bob’s Dylan Act
- “McGrath, who was a Illinois native, was one of the four first cast members hired to launch the children’s show in 1969. He played a character named Bob, and was on the iconic PBS show for 460 episodes until 2017, according to his IMDb profile.” (RIP – jjs) Bob McGrath, an original Sesame Street cast member, dies at 90
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.