Good morning kids. The weekend is here and honestly, I am loathe to even cover Donald Trump’s “big announcement” from yesterday. Whether you believe he jumped the shark or, as Andrea Widburg notes it’s a clever way to fundraise in a way that allows donors to remain anonymous and not get doxxed, the optics IMHO are, to be charitable, suboptimal. With all that said, I find it rather amusing that on the one hand, Chuck “Schemer” Schumer is crowing about the fact that the American people are supposedly done with Trump and he’ll never be elected in ’24 (it’s probably because the Democrats have so utterly rigged elections in key swing states and districts that they will undoubtedly come out on top, barring the GOP suddenly waking up, mobilizing and playing the Democrats’ game), and yet you still have them trying to pass legislation outlawing him from running.
The bottom line is, as bad a condition as the nation was in in the waning days of the Obama Reign of Error, six years on, we are living in a waking nightmare. And yet again, this playing card thing just sucks the oxygen out of the room. Donald Trump’s achievements – the greatest being the exposure of the Deep State and the myth of the American two-party system – will put him in the pantheon of America’s greatest heroes and presidents. But this kind of thing, on top of the huge mistake of basing his campaign almost exclusively on redressing the theft of the 2020 election, is a turn-off. If he had made his plan to fight and end Leftist censorship the subject of his big announcement he could’ve gotten back on track. But he stepped on his own dick with the playing card idiocy. That was an unforced error for which he only has himself to blame. Unless and until he stops bitching about 2020 and starts attacking Biden and his handlers for the wanton destruction of the nation, after at least observing a prolonged period of absolute radio silence until well into the new year, I think he’s finished, if he isn’t already.
In mentioning the dismantling, destruction and dissolution of our society, arguably the “root cause” of all our troubles is in the classroom. Yes, we are well aware of the brainwashing and sexualization. But it’s a lot deeper, darker and more depressing than even that.
In 2017 then-President Donald Trump proposed cutting State Department spending by some $54 billion. In response, Trump’s Secretary of Defense James Mattias told Congress, “If you don’t fund the State Department fully, then I need to buy more ammunition.” General Mattias, a man who had devoted his life to waging all-out war, was warning us that short-changing diplomacy would result in more war. I make my living as a substitute teacher, and in the spirit of Mad Dog’s remarks my recommendations for public education in this country are as follows: Either we need to re-build our public educational system, virtually from scratch, or we need to build a lot more prisons because, from what I can see, aimless lives of misery, poverty, despair, substance abuse, crime, and imprisonment are what American public schools are preparing our kids for today.
When people ask me what I would do to fix education in this country, my answer is as follows: I would burn every school in America to the ground, I would fire every schoolteacher in America, and I would start over from scratch. This might strike some as being a bit extreme, but the problems with our schools are so systemic, to use a word that’s in vogue these days, that I believe my proposal has a lot of merit. . .
. . . I recently sat in while a substitute teacher I’m friendly with supposedly conducted a math class. Meaning, he recited the regular teacher’s lesson plan for the day in a robotic monotone, then half-heartedly suggested that the students get to work, but no biggie. This listless attempt at teaching I saw had the air about it of a final, sparsely-attended pitch session at a trade show in the Dayton, Ohio Holiday Inn. Everyone in that room, myself included, was just waiting for the bell to ring. My heart ached for those students, as difficult as some of them can sometimes be. One thing’s for sure: the taxpayers didn’t get their money’s worth that day. To paraphrase that old joke about working in the Soviet Union, substitute teachers pretend to teach the kids, and the kids pretend to learn. . .
. . . Education worked well in this country when schools were being run by teachers and, by proxy, parents. Today’s public schools are being run by the students. This Bizarro-World arrangement has created a kind of educational mass insanity with an almost unlimited budget. While most children are blessed with a healthy curiosity about themselves and the world, most are also disinclined to do the hard work required to actually master various subjects. Schools used to be places where well-behaved children were guided through the world of knowledge by adults. Expectations were high. Assignments were graded rigorously. Deadlines weren’t simply suggestions, they were honored. Tests were demanding and carefully designed to measure each student’s progress. The smartest, hardest working students went on to become doctors and lawyers and scientists, or at least married well. The rest left school with minimally a working knowledge of the English language, basic arithmetic, a little U.S. history, and having read The Outsiders. . .
. . . Today that system has been turned on its head. Students once behaved because they lived in fear of having a teacher call their parents. Today, teachers live in fear of having a parent call them, demanding to know why their Wyatt didn’t get an ‘A’ just because he failed every test and didn’t turn in any assignments.
And now a word about discipline and classroom order in my school: there isn’t any. About 30% of students at my school will never do any schoolwork, of any kind, no matter what you say or do to them. Some of these non-participants devote their entire days to being disruptive and defiant. Others simply stare silently into space until the day’s last bell rings. Another 30% of students are studious and well-behaved. They are in school to learn. A disproportionate percentage of these students were not born in the U.S. and do not speak English in their homes. The remaining 40% of my students are up for grabs. . .
. . . In terms of academics the curriculum at the middle school where I teach is about 80% (1) social justice (slavery, Jim Crow, and intractable white racism) and (2) climate change. The remaining 20% of classroom time is devoted to a variety of miscellaneous topics. In other words, it’s remarkably similar, both stylistically and in terms of content, to a typical day’s programming on National Public Radio.
Thanks to my generation, the Baby Boomers, public schools have become places whose main purposes are (1) providing a daily dose of progressive indoctrination, and (2) the endless pursuit of a strangely concocted version of self-esteem. Someone forgot to tell us that for it to be genuine self-esteem must be earned, not conferred like that phony diploma the Wizard of Oz gave the Scarecrow.
It’s a very long and painful read yet I think it’s vital because when you read the author’s experience, you then can get a sense of all the other madness that is going on around us and why a pervert drag queen who extolls the virtues of children singing and performing fellatio was an honored guest at the White House.
My parents of blessed memory were teachers who started their careers in the 60’s and saw this crap coming even then. No doubt, Mike Pompeo’s calling Randi Weingarten the most dangerous person in America was a political move on his part, but at the same time he was dead right. With so many fires to put out, assuming that we ever regain political power again and with politicians and a political party that doesn’t hate us, if there was just one area to focus in and declare all out war on, it would be academia.
As the evil bastards of the Left would say, “If it saves just one child . . . “
See you on the hobby thread tomorrow, BOLO for the next podcast later today, and have a good weekend.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- “America’s trans-friendly, anti-racist, low expectation public schools are failing faster than you think – and it has nothing to do with money.” Build More Prisons! Notes of a Middle School Substitute Teacher
- “In Fauci’s frame, the human population itself becomes a dangerous problem.” Dr. Fauci’s Amnesia
- Robert Spencer: “That’s what Google means to stamp out: ‘a commingling of the two races.’ It finds the idea of black people patronizing white-owned businesses to be ‘terms’ that are ‘unsatisfactory,’ and therefore is doing all it can to help black racists be racist. In doing so, it is also helping white racists be racist. Google, in short, has become an active corrosive agent, working to dissolve the nation’s unity and pit American against American. Where is the Sherman Anti-Trust Act when you need it?” Google Goes Full-On Racist, Will Start Marking the Race of Business Owners
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “Twitter suspended the accounts that tweeted public tracking information of Musk’s private jet, violating the platform’s rules, which were updated Wednesday.” Six Establishment Media Journalists Elon Musk Suspended
- These plans include revising Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, establishing a cooling-off period requiring former employees of the FBI, CIA, and other government agencies to wait seven years before joining tech companies that have “vast quantities of U.S. user data,” and establishing a “digital bill of rights,” among several other actions.Donald Trump Unveils Free Speech Policy Plan to “Shatter Left-Wing Censorship Regime”
- “Republicans expressed concern about the board’s creation, noting its potential for censorship and partisan comments from its head, Nina Jankowicz. Grassley and Hawley submitted a letter to DHS in June requesting documents about the board’s creation, how it defines misinformation and disinformation, and its interactions with social media companies.” Sens. Grassley And Hawley Call Out DHS For Allegedly Redacting Key Info About Disinformation Board
- “Thanks to Amazon’s decision to exclude organizations that the SPLC brands ‘hate groups,’ those who support religious liberty can’t help ADF with their doll or other purchases.”Amazon Excludes Christians, Conservatives From Charity Program
- “Through a constant feedback loop of likes, comments, and reposts, social media is reconstructing our personas.” Social Media is Making You a Worse Person
- Lloyd Billingsley: “Elon Musk should expect a multi-front assault from the Biden Junta.”Whistleblower Warning
- “Truth is, as great as Musk has been not merely for Twitter but for the health of America’s digital town square in general, concerted public policy and legal changes are still needed.”Celebrate Elon Musk, But Don’t Lose Sight of Big Tech’s Structural Problem
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- “Do we really want to go there?” Tucker Blasts Reparations Plan That Would Require “Nazi Race Science”
- “Seven people have been convicted on charges related to the plan to kidnap Whitmer.” (a plot concocted by the FBI wherein dupes were coerced into doing no more than shooting their mouths off – jjs) Three Men Convicted for Aiding Plot to Kidnap Gov. Whitmer Sentenced to at Least Seven Years
- “Madam Chair? My God,” interjected ranking member Rep. James Comer (R-Ky.), but Chairwoman Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.) said nothing, allowing Rep. Bush to plow on.” (Comer’s response was meh, at best – jjs) Lowlife Racialist Shit-Whore Cori Bush Blasts Republicans as ‘White Supremacists,’ Hate-Mongers at Committee Hearing
* * * * *
- “Today, we decided to find out. We spoke to someone who had access to these still-hidden CIA documents, a person who is deeply familiar with what they contained. We asked this person directly: did the CIA have a hand in the murder of John F. Kennedy, an American president? Here’s the reply, we received, verbatim. Quote: ‘The answer is yes. I believe they were involved. It’s a whole different country from what we thought it was. It’s all fake.’” Citing Firsthand Source, Tucker Reports “CIA Was Involved in the Kennedy Assassination”
- “While Biden said the document dump was meant as a display of ‘transparency,’ early signs are not encouraging.” “Half a Loaf”: JFK Assassination Document Dump Filled With Redactions
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, DEMOCRAT-LEFT WAR ON FOSSIL FUELS, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “Brigham testified that, during a capital raise with Credit Suisse, with whom he claims to have raised over $1 billion with over 15 years, the bank instructed him put out overtly political statements on ESG. Brigham explained that an unidentified bank almost immediately approved him for a loan, while Credit Suisse failed to respond to his loan application.” Witness Testifies Bank Threatened To Withhold Loan If He Didn’t Tweet ‘Climate Change’ Talking Points
- “Podesta’s net worth has skyrocketed since his time in the Obama administration, financial disclosures show.” John Podesta Made a Fortune Consulting for Green Energy Billionaires. He Now Oversees a Federal Fund That Could Make Them Rich.
- State-funded DW TV: “As Germany experienced its coldest December in a decade, the government implored residents to exercise restraint on turning up the heat.” (lie back and think of Stalingrad – jjs) Germany Experiences Coldest Winter in a Decade as Energy Crisis Worsens
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 764 points, or 2.25 percent, its worst one-day performance in three months. The Nasdaq Composite dropped 3.2 percent. The S&P 500 was down around 2.5 percent.” Dow Falls Sharply in Worst Day in Three Months
- “Democrats are beginning to get very nervous that the Federal Reserve’s efforts to bring down inflation will be so successful that it will tip the U.S. economy into a recession. At this point, that’s a foregone conclusion. The only question remaining is how deep the recession will be.” Democrats Are Getting Very Nervous About the Fed’s War on Inflation
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “The agents were frustrated with the lack of support from the federal government in trying to address the influx of illegal immigrants, but weren’t satisfied with Mayorkas’ response.”Border Patrol Agents Confronted Mayorkas In El Paso. Here’s What Was Said.
- “There is an old saying with which you are probably familiar: if you want something done right, you need to do it yourself. Which is largely true, unless you are trying to solve a problem that has in part been created and largely exacerbated by the federal government. In that case, you are more than likely out of luck if you take matters into your own hands.”The Biden Junta Sues Arizona Over Its Border Wall
- “Is the GOP really this stupid?” (no, they’re complicit – jjs) Study Finds NGOs Shipping Illegal Immigrants Across the U.S. — Republicans Respond With an Amnesty Bill
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “The incident occurred at an Oklahoma high school.” Transgender Student Charged for Alleged Violent Assault of Two Girls in School Bathroom
- “A daylight robbery highlights danger in urban crime wave.” No Safety in Chicago
- “Ideological progressives have no business leading law enforcement agencies.” The Urban Criminal-Justice Disaster
- “Some city leaders’ repeated criticisms of the police have compounded understaffing to dampen morale further in the bureau, resulting in unprecedented struggles to hire and retain qualified officers. While the latest budget restored police funding, it will take time and political will to repair mutual bonds of trust.” A Years-Long Law Enforcement Crisis Is Hindering Homicide-Plagued Portland, Experts Say
- “From the very first, it was clear that after the Summer of Love, BLM, Antifa, and their friends in government would make an example of newly elected Sheriff Ed Troyer. A lawman who confronted a black man for acting suspiciously at 2 a.m. fit the narrative so perfectly, and so soon after the Antifa and BLM riots, it was too good to pass up.” The Woke Left’s “Kafkaesque” Attempt to Take Out a Washington Sheriff Fails
AMERICA AND THE WORLD IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “Not only did intelligence bureaucrats fail to disclose to Congress which “experts” they relied on to reach that conclusion, they also omitted important information from the declassified version of their classified assessment.” Report: U.S. Intelligence Agencies Are Keeping From Congress Key Information About Chinese Covid Origins
- Sen Rick Scott: “I will continue to fight so that every service member who was wrongfully discharged has the opportunity to be reinstated with backpay.” Senate Passes Defense Bill that Repeals Military Chinese Coronavirus Vaccine Mandate
- Jonathan Lord, senior fellow and director of the Middle East Security Program, said the language of the vaccine mandate repeal “is thoughtful and specifically crafted in such a way that everyone can go back to their corners declaring political victory, while doing no irreparable policy harm.” While the provision repeals the current mandate, “nothing in this language prevents Secretary Austin from issuing a new memo with a new policy,” he said.Congress Passes Record NDAA, Rescinds Troop Vax Mandate, But . . .
- “News of the mask mandate comes as further evidence emerges of [Chinese] COVID restrictions’ disastrous impact on education. Only 16.2 percent of third- to eighth-graders in Philadelphia scored proficient or better in math—compared with 21.6 percent before government lockdowns, the Pennsylvania Capital-Star reported. The district’s goal in late 2020 was to hit a 28.7 percent proficiency rate, meaning it missed the mark by 12.5 points.” (City of Smothering Glove – jjs) Lockdowns Forever: Philadelphia To Reimpose Mask Mandate in City’s Public Schools
- “[Chinese] COVID is a coronavirus that constantly mutates, like the cold. And like the cold, it’s never going to go away. Therefore, neither are [Chinese] COVID restrictions until we stop complying.” The Public Health™ Empire Strikes Back: Oakland, Other Cities Float Reinstating Forced Masking in Public
- “The advocates whined the stats make it too hard to pass gun control laws.” CDC Caved to Gun Control Advocates by Removing Defensive Gun Use Stats
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “Only 24 percent of poor students and 15 percent of black students met math proficiency, down from 32 percent and 21 percent, respectively. The concentration of learning loss could cause problems for California Democrats, who have prided themselves on advancing racial equity.” California School Closures Harmed Poor and Minority Students, Study Shows
- “It’s hard to imagine a more gross abuse of taxpayer dollars,” said Aaron Baer, president of the Center for Christian Virtue, in a press release. “The federal government provided these funds to help cities recover from the devastation of [Chinese] COVID closures. With all the Toledo residents have dealt with over the last two years, it’s a new low for the Council to consider giving these funds to fuel liberal, pro-abortion advocacy organizations.” Is This an Appropriate Use of Federal Chinese Covid Funds?
THE 2020 AND 2022ELECTION HEISTS & AFTERMATH
- “Without the electoral college, you can be sure every election in the future is decided by New York City, Los Angeles and Chicago. The sheer volume of individuals clustered in these cities is astounding. For instance, the population of New York City is 8 million, more than the population of Wyoming, Vermont, Alaska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Delaware combined.” Beltway Power Snatchers Conspire Against Americans With Latest Assault On The Constitution
SHAMPEACHMENT 1.0, 2016 CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- Then why are you and your hench-holes trying to pass laws to thwart his candidacy? SHOT: Schumer: Trump Won’t Be Reelected – “The American People Have Gotten Wise to Him”
- I find this interesting. If Trump is alternately worse than Hitler then merely a hapless clown who got wiped out in an alleged Biden landslide, what are they so afraid of? Meh, they have to protect the “insurrection” fiction. CHASER: 41 House Democrats File Bill to Bar Donald Trump from 2024 Eligibility
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “Berkeley student groups banned Zionist speakers from campus.” (i.e. Jews – jjs) Feds Open Investigation Into ‘Deep-Seated Anti-Semitic Discrimination’ at Berkeley Law School
- “Washington Post reporter has history of targeted harassment against Jews.” Taylor Lorenz Lashes Out at Younger, More Successful Journalist in Cruel Anti-Semitic Tirade
- Prager made his remarks in an interview with Dave Rubin, the host of The Rubin Report. Rubin is gay and “married” to a man; Prager is heterosexual and married. On Tuesday, Dec. 13, [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Joe Biden signed into law the Respect for Marriage Act, which essentially codifies “gay marriage” into federal law. Dennis Prager: Gay Marriage Means ‘Gender Doesn’t Matter,’ Which Makes It a ‘War Against Civilization’
- “Without any protections for religious liberty, the new interpretation of Michigan’s civil-rights law means faith-based organizations are faced with discrimination charges for everything under the sun.” A Michigan Church Defends its Religious Liberty
BIDEN CRIME FAMILY REVELATIONS
- “From Rembrandt’s ‘Pieter Haaring’ to Picasso’s ‘Nature Morte,’ not all masterworks can match Hunter’s price point.” Eight Works From Famed Artists That Sold for Less Than a Hunter Biden Painting
DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- “State Sen. Joe Morrissey’s entry in the race to succeed Rep. Don McEachin has raised eyebrows in a state where Democrats have battled the perception that they are soft on the sexualization of children, following controversies including the Loudoun County rape and efforts to bring graphic sex education to young school kids.” Virginia Democrat Jailed After Affair With Teen He Then Married Seeks Open House Seat
- Robert Spencer: “What took so long?” Biden’s Nuclear Waste Luggage Thief Sam Brinton Finally Fired
- “’Let them eat cake’ ought to be the new Republican Party slogan.” Spending Report Shows Ronna and Company Blew Millions to Live Like Royalty
- “My official Donald Trump Digital Trading Card collection is here!” the ex-president wrote. “These limited edition cards feature amazing ART of my Life & Career!” Trump’s Selling Cringey NFT’s For $99 Of Himself, ‘Great Xmas Gift’
- “It’s entirely possible that Trump is trying to circumvent the left’s nasty habit of doxing Trump supporters.” Is There a Brilliant Ulterior Motive Behind Trump’s Baseball Card Fundraiser?
- “Under Chairwoman McDaniel’s leadership, the GOP lost both houses of Congress and the White House, and seriously underperformed in 2022 by further losing ground in the Senate and only barely winning a majority in the House.” The Battle for RNC Chair is Getting Tricky for Ronna McDaniel
- “That’s the only way to stop her as she has the vote already sewn up.” All State GOPs Should Call for Ronna McDaniel to Withdraw
- “Too many career politicians have used the America First movement as a springboard to ‘Me First,’” said a senior Trump World official. “This entire effort isn’t about policy or principle, it’s about a small group of politicians wanting the limelight at the expense of the movement.” Trump World Hammers The Few Republicans Holding Out On McCarthy: ‘Has Potential To Damage The Entire Party’
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “We remember the stolen men and women and children were brought to our shores in chains,” Biden said Wednesday after promising the continent $55 billion to fight climate change and increase trade. “My nation’s original sin was that period.” (by Democrats – jjs)Biden Apologizes to African Leaders for America’s ‘Original Sin’
- “Barring a dramatic shift in U.S. policy toward Saudi Arabia, China’s influence will likely continue to grow while America’s fades.” Biden’s Faulty Foreign Policy is Pushing the Saudis Into the Arms of China
- Thad McCotter: “Due to the Democrats’ woke ideology, democracy is not only in retreat across the globe, but also here at home.” The Democrats’ “America First” Policy
- “Joe Biden swapped Bout for Brittney because of his commitment to the LGBTQIA+ community.” The Russians Are Laughing at Us
- “Diversity proved to be a strength again as mobs of Moroccan men staged violent riots last night in multiple French cities.” Chaos
BIDEN AFGHANISTAN BUG-OUT DISASTER AFTERMATH
- “Following the United States Armed Forces’ withdrawal from Afghanistan in August 2021, Biden opened a refugee pipeline that has resettled more than 86,000 Afghans in American communities — many without having been screened or interviewed in person beforehand.”More Senate Republicans Throw Support Behind Green Cards for Biden’s Afghans Despite Vetting Failures
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “. . . Ahmad Abouammo, 45, who worked as a media partnerships manager for the Middle East North Africa (MENA) region, had assisted in ‘accessing, monitoring, and conveying confidential and sensitive information that could be used to identify and locate Twitter users of interest to the Saudi Royal Family.’” Ex-Twitter Employee Gets Jail Time For Helping Saudis Gain Access To User Data
- “Space has become a critical component to war-fighting, including both space-based weapons and space-enabled conflict on the ground, U.S. defense leaders and experts say.”The US Is Preparing For The Possibility Of War With China — In Space
- Daniel Greenfield: “Republicans join with Democrats to push wokeness and undermine the Coast Guard.” Coast Guard Senate Bipartisan Bill Mandates Diversity Training
- Daniel Greenfield Part Deux: “Muslims now make up 10% of the Georgia Senate Democrat delegation.” How the IRS Helped CAIR Islamists Win Georgia Elections
- Lloyd Billingsley: “Remembering Anne Widholm, murdered by Habibullah Ahmadi in Windsor, Ontario.” Dark, Deadly December
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE COURTS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE
- “The United States isn’t running out of land, but urban growth boundaries and other government controls are limiting the amount of developable property.” US Land ‘Shortage’ Is Result of Artificial Growth Limits
- “The systems will roll out at airports next month, although those who say their gender was incorrectly assumed by the machines have the option to ask for re-screening instead of receiving a physical pat-down. ” TSA Spends $18.6 Million on ‘Non-Binary Screening Systems’
- “Richard Nixon’s welfare reform effort contains lessons for today’s policymakers.” Nixon’s Plan to Fight Poverty and Promote Marriage
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- David Harsanyi: “Ideas corrupt language and language corrupts thought.” Why the Redefinition of the Word ‘Woman’ Matters
- “A drag show may be illegal under South Dakota’s ‘harmful to minors’ law, yet the governor has not taken any steps to rectify the situation.” South Dakota State University Hosted a ‘Kid-Friendly’ Drag Show and Gov. Kristi Noem is Doing Nothing About It
- “The Respect for Marriage Act signing ceremony was a well-deserved humiliation for the GOP establishment.” The Revival Starts When the Stupid Party Smartens Up
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “We were told to be whomever we wanted. And now we’re suffering the consequences.”Impossible Freedom
- “Hint: It’s not marriage.” What the ‘Respect for Marriage Act’ Really Respects
- “They assume that opponents act from irrational passion, because that is what, secretly and probably unwittingly, they assume all moral judgments to be.” The Bad Faith Arguments Against Marriage Defenders
- “The site’s banner shows a jetliner, painted in a Kente cloth pattern, and a ragged U.S. flag on the tail, being shredded by the wind. And there are references in the show to privileged white people. It is made up of a series of sketches about how various black characters would react to the idea of the U.S. Government offering black people free flights back to Africa for repatriation. Of course, it is getting rave reviews. But the show is slated to close because it is not drawing an audience.” Is Woke Fatigue Finally Setting In?
- Christian Toto: “Far-left [so-called] comic ignores fellow (clean) comics punished by woke mob.” Chelsea Handler Denies Cancel Culture Exists. Tell it to Tom Papa
- “Revisionist history leads to a wokeified culture in rapid decline — it’s time we turn the tide.” Creative Historical Interpretations Are Not History
- “Apple studios propose ‘A Ramadan Carol.'” Scrooge Gets Screwed in Spirited
HITHER & YON
- “Remembering Mike Leach (1961-2022), the eccentric coaching maverick always on the offense.” Air Raids On and Off the Field
- “Celebrating dignity and freedom.” The Hidden Meanings Behind Hanukkah and Christmas
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.