Good morning, kids. Friday and the penultimate day of our third consecutive accursed year 2022. I believe I covered it yesterday, as well as on the year’s final podcast episode, but let me just add two words to the truly nauseating reaction to GOP Rep-elect George Santos:
Also, Joe Biden. Oops, that’s four words – wait, if I don’t stop now this turns into the Monty Python “Spanish Inquisition” sketch. Our government, with very rare exception, is comprised of individuals that range from, at best seriously lacking, all the way down to utterly devoid of morals, values, ethics, character or scruples. On both sides of the mythical aisle. In fact, given who and what the Democrat-Left are, the most irritating thing has been the fainting-couch case-of-the-vapors reaction from the GOP and those who are somewhat GOP-adjacent. That’s aimed also at you, Tulsi Gabbard. You just went down a big notch in my opinion of you. In any case, I give you the estimable Daniel Greenfield:
If politicians have to resign for lying, there wouldn’t be any left. If they were expected to resign for faking their biographies, we might have a few dozen left. And we’d be better off for it.
What is truly nauseating is the selective outrage by a cultural revolution that rediscovers truth and ethics on a temporary basis when it’s politically convenient.
The truth about George Santos appears to be that he has the same shaky relationship with truth as the leadership of the Democratic Party. Just ask Joe Biden, if you can catch him in between desegregating movie theaters with the black and Puerto Rican communities, visiting synagogues, battling gang members, being forced down in Afghanistan, joining the Naval academy, getting a tryout for the NFL, graduating in the top half of his class, losing his first wife to a drunk driver, nearly losing his second wife to lightning, his son in Iraq and then awarding a medal to his dead uncle on the advice of his dead dad.
It would be wonderful if all the lying stopped. It would be a good start if the party of liars stopped acting like they care about a fake biography when all of their biographies are fake.
Why does Biden lie so much? The easy answer is because he gets away with it.
Lying, like most political crimes, has become politically selective, allowing leftists to get away with anything while throwing the book at non-leftists.
Yes, there are standards and there are double standards. The GOP dutifully plays the role of whipping boy to Democrats’ wearing the moldering skin-suit of Lady Liberty swaddled in the Shroud of Turin. Like everything else, we are expected to play by rules that they ether totally ignore or change to ensure they come out on top – all without a peep of protest. I’ve had it with that crap.
Let me just say this, and I’ll say no more. I could care fuck-all about George Santos being a fabulist so long as he does one thing and one thing only: vote either “NO” or “HELL NO” on every single piece of Leftist and/or “bipartisan” legislation for his entire career. This should be the crux of the message everyone allegedly on our side should be stating.
In that light, to hell with Frank Luntz’s adult catamite Kevin McCarthy. I hereby propose George Santos should be elected Majority Leader and House Speaker for the coming term.
Meanwhile, in another part of the forest, and not entirely unrelated to the Santos kerfuffle, the continued calls from our side to throw trillions of dollars at Ukraine for its war with Putin’s Russia allegedly to protect our vital national interests and security. You want to talk about a lie? You don’t get much bigger than that.
One need not be a NeverTrumper, Russiagate obsessive, or nostalgist for 1990s globaloney to see that the conquest of a major central European country by Putin damages the United States. Stopping it in ways that make future invasions less likely, whether by Russia or China—and doing so without direct U.S. military intervention—is well worth the investment, albeit with critical caveats.
A bloodied, discredited Russia gives Xi pause as he considers a cross-straits invasion. U.S. spine in Ukraine makes our warnings to China credible—at a time when the military balance in the Pacific is precarious, given U.S. shortcomings relative to Beijing’s modernization program and inherent home field advantage. We need every ration of deterrence we can get.
Uh huh. Here’s the fellow who penned this.
Jeffrey Jeb Nadaner was deputy assistant secretary of defense in the Trump Administration.
Not necessarily a dig at Trump, but anyone with the name “Jeb” is instantly discredited, Jeb Stuart notwithstanding. Regardless of the correlations, real or imagined, between Peking and Moscow, it’s still not our fight. Period. Where the hell is Germany, let alone every other European nation that supposedly is threatened by this? Spend your own blood and treasure and do a Barbarossa 2: Reverse Fulda Gap Boogaloo (minus the Einsatzgruppen, please). In any case, it’s still our money because NATO has been essentially an American enterprise since 1945 to the tune of at least 90% funding. 75 years of American taxpayers money, for what?
Ukraine announced Wednesday that Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky had a video teleconference with BlackRock Chief Executive Officer Larry Fink. The pair apparently struck a deal to coordinate investment efforts to rebuild the war-torn nation. . .
. . . One such preliminary agreement struck between BlackRock and Ukraine was a memorandum of understanding signed by the Ukrainian Ministry of Economy and BlackRock Financial Markets Advisory in Washington, D.C., on November 10, 2022. The memo said that BlackRock FMA would advise the Ukrainian government, specifically the Ministry of Economy, on an investment roadmap for the reconstruction of Ukraine’s economy. . .
. . . It is all rather infuriating: one can almost guarantee BlackRock is getting paid handsomely by the Ukrainian government for advising on this reconstruction roadmap. And where is the Ukrainian government currently getting its funding, given its economy is in shambles and war is an expensive undertaking? The United States government, of course. By the end of the calendar year, the U.S. will have provided $13 billion in direct budgetary support for Ukraine’s government to avoid shortfalls and outright bankruptcy, and [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Joe Biden has promised to support Ukraine for “as long as it takes.”
So, BlackRock gets paid by U.S. taxpayers via the Ukrainian government to devise a plan that ensures the success of their future investments in Ukraine, made from money gained by making American housing unaffordable. With a deal like that for our financial and political elite, why would they ever want peace?
But George Santos is a liar and must not be allowed to serve in Congress, AND he should go to jail!!! Paging Tulsi Gabbard.
* * * * *
My friends, since this is the last Morning Report for the year, I want to wish all of you and yours the very best for the coming new year. No doubt, it will be fraught with even more challenges but we’ll muddle through somehow.
Thanks go to Ace and the cobs for their fellowship, and to all of you for the continued support and encouragement, and for being bar none the best damned site on the internet.
See you tomorrow for the hobby thread and see you all next year. Happy New Year!
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- Daniel Greenfield: “Democrats suddenly claim to care about truth. The truth is they’re all liars.” If George Santos Should Resign, So Should Biden (I support Santos for Majority Leader/House Speaker – jjs)
- “BlackRock will be creating a roadmap for reconstruction for Ukraine.” (CBD essentially called this on the podcast – jjs) BlackRock Plots to Buy Ukraine
- Advertising is carrying the water for a Leftist political and academic establishment. Its influence, because tacit, allusive, unspoken, and only intimated, is perhaps the most effective means of persuasion of all — a telling illustration of “the extent to which the culture has been weaponized against us.” The Ads Tell the Story
- “Ring in 2023—it can’t get much worse or disappoint more.” Good Riddance to a Disappointing 2022
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- Margot Cleveland: “The First Amendment, as currently interpreted, lacks the strength to stop the censorship and other Stasi-esque goals of the deep state.” Courts Won’t Stop the Feds From Deputizing Big Tech—The People Must
- The FBI had a major influence on Twitter’s decision to censor the New York Post’s reporting on Hunter Biden’s laptop and made numerous censorship requests to Twitter in the lead-up to the 2020 election, as documented in the “Twitter Files” reporting by independent journalists Michael Shellenberger and Matt Taibbi. The Twitter Files Raised a Lot ff Questions About Twitter and the FBI. The Bureau Hasn’t Answered Any of Them
- Their own maliciousness might be #11. Top 10 Stories the Establishment Media Ignored in 2022
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- One reaction: “If white people did something, it means it was white supremacy!” Time Interviews Author Who Explores the “White Supremacist Origins of Exercise”
- “House Republicans are preparing to investigate the Biden White House for several things, including the ongoing border and fentanyl crises, the energy crisis, Biden’s withdrawal from Afghanistan, Hunter Biden’s business dealings, and the origins of the [Chinese] coronavirus.”Report: Biden Junta Will Not Comply with House Republicans Outstanding Oversight Requests
- “During the interview with the January 6 Committee, Epps said the ‘crazy’ theories that swirled around him made life ‘really, really difficult.’ He also flatly denied he was acting on behalf of any government agency while in Washington, D.C.” (Glowie’s gonna glow – jjs)Revealed: Ray Epps Claimed He Believed Capitol Was Open To Public On January 6
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, DEMOCRAT-LEFT WAR ON FOSSIL FUELS, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- The trafficking wasn’t the crime. The crime was humiliating Leftist demi-diety/darling Scoldilocks on a public forum. Leftist Commandment #1: Thou Shalt Not Mock a Leftist.Andrew Tate Arrested After Clue in Video to Greta Thunberg Tipped Police Off That He Was in Country: Report
- “People hear so much about renewables and think they are a huge portion of the energy mix when they aren’t, especially not in New England,” Meredith Angwin, author of Shorting the Grid: The Hidden Fragility of Our Electric Grid, told the Daily Caller News Foundation.‘Climate Idealism Meets The Reality’: Green Energy Failed To Meet Power Demand When It Was Most Needed
- “Before, rolling blackouts were a California problem, then they also became a Texas problem. Blackouts are spreading faster than even Imperial College London modelers would find believable.” The New-Normaling of Blackouts
- “The obsession with wind turbines puts millions at risk of freezing to death in their homes.”Our Killer Green Energy Infatuation
- “The real crisis we face is not climate change; it is climate change policy that threatens to destroy what previous generations fought to build and preserve.” Climate Realism in Action!
- “To simply invest in ‘anti-ESG’ or ‘conservative’ companies as a way of mitigating ESG’s influence would play directly into the hands of those who have championed ESG.” Be Wary of ‘Anti-ESG’ Investing
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “A meltdown a year for then last five or six years.” Southwest Pilots Blast Company Over Crisis That Was “A Decade in the Making”
- “Let the company get on with the business of fixing its own mess.” Customers, Not Regulators, Should Hold Southwest Accountable
- “Nobody works. Nobody gives a damn.” Home Depot Co-Founder Says Socialism Killed Americans’ Work Ethic
- “A new book argues that the modern American economy has strayed far from its entrepreneurial roots.” Restoring American Capitalism
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “The latest Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) data reveals that from October through December 18, Biden’s DHS has released 1,363 illegal alien convicts into American communities along with more than 1,800 illegal aliens with pending criminal charges against them.” Biden’s DHS Releases into U.S. Nearly 1,400 Illegal Alien Convicted Criminals in Less than Three Months
- “Earlier this month, ICE issued an apology after it was revealed to have underreported the number of illegal immigrants it has released into the public without electronic surveillance, such as an ankle bracelet, by more than 18,000%.” ICE Says It Can’t Find Records On Nearly 400,000 Illegal Immigrants It Should Be Monitoring (pro-tip: the my-cat-ate-my-homework defense works like a charm! – jjs)
- Terry Jeffrey: “That was 4.9-times greater than the national unemployment rate, which was just 3.4 percent in November.” The Other Border Crisis: El Centro, Calif. (16.7%) and Yuma, Ariz. (16.3%) Lead Nation in Unemployment
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “The lawsuit alleges that J.P. Morgan Chase benefitted from Epstein’s sex trafficking operation and helped conceal activities that occurred on his property by failing to properly comply with federal regulations on records and reporting that may have tipped off Epstein’s activities to U.S. officials before they eventually came to light.” (looks like chin music from the Junta aimed at Jamie Dimon – jjs) U.S. Virgin Islands Claims J.P. Morgan Chase “Turned a Blind Eye” to Jeffery Epstein’s Trafficking Ring
- “The incident occurred in a Forth Worth shopping mall.” Sex Offender Reportedly Dressed as Woman Arrested for Allegedly Snapping Pictures of Women in Bathroom, Pointing Pepper Ball Gun
- “The suit was brought by dozens of local prosecutors and county sheriffs across the state, and it’s unclear exactly what portions of the act will go into effect and which will be paused. Those counties that didn’t sign on to the lawsuit will have to comply with the new no-bail policies. NBC 5 reports that 64 counties signed on to the suit and will not have to enforce any bail provisions in the Act.” Judge Rules Elimination of Cash Bail in Illinois Unconstitutional
- “The late Philadelphia activist showed how communities can fight back against a plague.”Herman Wrice’s War on Drugs
AMERICA AND THE WORLD IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “One reason for the shortages is a spike in demand caused by the annual flu season, COVID-19, and unusually high RSV and strep infections in kids who didn’t get a chance to develop natural immunity during the lockdowns and mask mandates. Another culprit is Communist China, which dominates international pharmaceutical production, particularly for popular, low-cost generic meds.” Guess What the Tylenol Shortage and the Fentanyl Surplus Have in Common
- “. . . learn how an agency dedicated to keeping you safe from gun violence and other threats, not to mention probably monitoring gun ownership, managed to botch the job.”DHS Dropped the Ball on Background Checks for Gun Sales
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- The report explains that the Rainbow Library “provides supportive curriculum materials and book sets that are LGBTQ+ centered, racially diverse, and multicultural to K-12 schools.” The report did not say how much money was awarded to the pro-transgender organization. (General Motors = Degenerate Mofos – jjs) General Motors Funds Effort to Embed Pro-Transgender Books in Classrooms
- “Fighting for a sane measure for educators.” DeSantis Battles the Teachers Union
- The Angle of the Dangle > Pythagorean Theorem??? Pro-Trans Organization Pushes Transgender ‘Inclusive’ Math
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “Black perpetrators were responsible for 69% of physical or verbal assaults, Asians made up 17%, Hispanics accounted for 11% and white attackers committed 3%.” (but, but, but, “MAGA white supremacy!!!”- jjs) REPORT: 97% of Anti-Jewish Hate Crimes in New York Were Committed by Other Minorities
DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- George Santos for Speaker of the House. Federal Prosecutors Open Investigation into George Santos
- “That’s how this works. Compulsive psychopathic lying + primacy of identity politics = politicians who brazenly lie about their identities to advance their personal ambitions. 1 + 1 = 2.” Must We Performatively Feign Moral Outrage Over George Santos’ Lying Scandal?
- The survey found 59 percent asserting that the country as a whole is “off on the wrong track.” Meanwhile, half disapprove of Biden’s job performance, compared to 48 percent who approve. Joe Biden’s Approval on Key Issues Remains Underwater
- We’d be here until next New Year’s Eve if we listed all of them . . . Joe Biden’s Top 25 Worst Moments of 2022
- “. . . if they care as much about their [Chinese] COVID restrictions and wokeness as they claim, then DeSantis might just be their worst domestic nightmare, pulling crucial parts of Trump’s base that feel alienated after 2020.” Liberals and Never-Trumpers are Right, DeSantis is ‘More Dangerous’ Than Trump — That’s Why He’s Winning
- Lloyd Billingsley: “Back to the future?” From 2008 to 2024, With Barry and Michelle
THE UKRAINIAN “FRONT”
- “The allies don’t trust Moscow. Russia has no reason to trust them, either.” Distrust and Verify
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “This new government is determined to restore governance, peace, and personal security to the citizens of Israel.” Netanyahu Returns to Power, Sworn In as Prime Minister of Israel
- UK’s Daily Mail: “Ms Peyravi was seized by security forces on October 17 after she removed her headscarf and waved it above her head at Mirdamad Boulevard in Iran’s capital.” Iran Court Sentences Woman to 10 Years For Removing Hijab in Protest, Declares it “Prostitution”
- “Leaving one third of citizens unable to ‘supply themselves.’” Austrian Defense Minister Warns Europeans Are Unprepared For Days-Long Blackouts
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “The changes, such as expanding access for individuals with a history of behavioral health conditions, could reduce military readiness.” Here’s How The Military Dropped Its Standards In 2022 To Address A Major Recruiting Crisis
- “Despite the fact that threats facing public and private sector entities carry the largest potential for devastation, the greater majority of cyberattacks still target individuals.”Cybersecurity in 2022
- “America is vulnerable. Thanks to the Biden [junta], an al-Qaeda dirty bomb attack may be coming sooner than we realize.” Iran’s Nuclear Holiday Gift to al-Qaeda
- “The trans craze suggests that we are highly vulnerable.” Will Islam Convert the West?
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE COURTS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE
- “As if this [junta] and the Democrats have not shown enough insufferable hubris, incredible hypocrisy, unparalleled arrogance, and a monumental entitlement mentality, this would certainly qualify.” The $1.7 Trillion Omnibus Bill is being FLOWN to St. Croix for Biden’s Signature (and then flown back! – jjs)
- “But it has to strike the right balance in embracing new technologies and safeguarding consumer privacy.” With the Right Reforms, Artificial Intelligence Can Transform the Postal Service
- “From decriminalized prostitution to abortion on demand, here are the craziest laws the Golden State passed this year.” Year in Review: California Got Even Crazier in 2022
HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE
- “The report was released Thursday after an 18 month investigation by the House Oversight and Energy and Commerce Committees into the FDA’s decision to approve Aduhelm.”Claude Rains Shocked Face Dept.: Report Finds FDA Colluded With Alzheimer’s Drug Maker During Approval Process
- “When patients’ lives are on the line, one’s inner racism might compel them to reflexively ask why race should factor into hiring decisions at all, given the stakes, rather than competency alone. But asking questions about the utility of racist policies is also a classic tactic of white racists and serves as further evidence of one’s internalized white supremacy (although further evidence is gratuitous as mere existence as a white person is evidence enough). UK: NHS Now Required to Justify Hiring Whites to Appease Social Engineers
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “I had to go to the Supreme Court directly,” he said. “Welcome to what it takes to be a father in the modern world today. All I want to do is raise my son as a boy, and this is what it takes.” Time Running Out for Father Trying to Stop Medical Castration of 10-Year-Old Son
- Does he have a newsletter, as I would very much like to subscribe. Israel’s New Social Equality Minister Described Gay Pride Parade as “Disgraceful Vulgarity”
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “Greta wins because only the left is ‘allowed’ to be offensive without triggering a regime-orchestrated, mob-driven, moral panic meltdown.” Small Dick Energy
- “The left wants drag queens in libraries; parents want wholesome material for their children.” The Turnout for Kirk Cameron’s Library Reading in Indianapolis is Astounding
- Christian Toto: “Box office collapse portends darker days for Tinsel Town in 2023 – and beyond” Why Did You Stop Going to the Movies?
- “The British historical economists produced a specifically conservative brand of social and economic reform.” Economics for the Nation
- “College sports shows what happens when markets go unregulated.” Pay the Players
- “Does James Cameron’s anti-Western epic hold water?” Avatar: The Way of Water
- “America has enough problems with obesity. Do we really need people using ‘white supremacy’ as an excuse not to exercise anymore?” Now Exercise and Physical Fitness Are Racist!
- “Maybe ‘go woke go broke’ is something that the ‘wokes’ should take a look at.” “GoWoke, Go Broke” is In the Air
- “Is Maya Lin’s celebrated Vietnam Veterans Memorial really a work of architecture?” A Rift in the Earth
HITHER & YON
- “The fashion legend also dressed the likes of Lana Del Rey, Kate Beckinsale, Rachel McAdams, Angelina Jolie, Demi Moore, Kerry Washington, Olivia Wilde, Lucy Lu and Rachel McAdams, to name a few.” Fashion Icon Vivienne Westwood Dead at 81
- “The reason for his death is currently unknown, though it was revealed in December 2022 that he was at a São Paulo hospital in palliative care. This came after reports of him no longer responding to the chemotherapy treatment he was undergoing for his colon cancer, which was diagnosed in September 2021.” Brazilian Soccer Legend Pelé Dead at 82
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.