ood morning kids. On September 29th, 2020, during a debate with President Trump, candidate Joseph Towelette Biden claimed that Antifa is simply an “idea, not an organization, not militia.”
As long as we’re talking ideas and aphorisms, in light of the aforementioned and Biden’s proclamation, “If the pen is mightier than the sword, think of all the damage you can do by using your pen to order up a shit-ton of swords!”
Thankfully, Governor Brian Kemp of Georgia, in response to the Big Guy’s Big “Idea” running wild in Atlanta, has grabbed his pen and jotted a few ideas down of his own.
Gov. Brian Kemp (R) declared a temporary state of emergency in Georgia on Thursday and activated 1,000 Georgia National Guard troops in response to recent anti-police protests and destructive riots in Atlanta.
Kemp’s order referenced protests and riots that occurred on Saturday, which had stemmed from ongoing demonstrations against a police training facility the city is building in a wooded area of metro Atlanta.
The riotous events on Saturday had also come in response to the death of activist Manuel “Tortuguita” Teran, who state officials say was killed by law enforcement after he shot and injured a State Patrol trooper while at the site of the planned facility. . .
. . . “Georgians respect peaceful protesters, but do not tolerate acts of violence against persons or properties,” Kemp wrote in his emergency order.
The governor cited “unlawful assemblage, violence, overt threats of violence, disruption of the peace and tranquility of this state and danger existing to persons and property” as reasons for the state of emergency, which is set to expire on February 9.
Kemp has from the outset of the protests taken a tough posture against those who go beyond peacefully demonstrating.
Good for him. That said, were it me in charge, I’d declare a free fire zone for the Guardsmen and cops, then order the bulldozing of the terrorists’ homes a la the IDF when mostly peaceful jihadists blow up school buses and pizzerias, freezing and seizing of bank accounts etc. etc. Unfortunately, I’m not the governor of Georgia nor does the law permit such actions. In any case, it’s turning out that a number of these little “ideas” are not even residents of the state. Hmm. . .
Going back to the “mostly peaceful” Summer of Love 2: 2020 Burn Loot Murder Boogaloo, a wave of terror that incinerated scores of business districts did not just happen. It is known that Antifa, far from being merely an idea, are organized, communicate with each other, do have some sort of leadership structure and are well-funded. In fact, along with the private sector that either willingly or to avoid trouble ponies up incredible sums of extortion/protection money, your tax dollars are going directly into their coffers.
In Atlanta, small business owners are sweeping away broken glass and police have recovered explosive devices from some of the rioters. Yet the ‘Atlanta Forest Defenders’ are still raising money through Open Collective: a 501(c)(3) nonprofit fundraising platform that Front Page Magazine had previously exposed for providing fundraising for assorted ecoterrorists including the ‘Just Stop Oil’ vandals who glued themselves to ‘The Girl with the Pearl Earring’ painting.
That is despite the fact that Open Collective’s terms of service prohibit illegal activities.
The Open Collective Foundation has received funding for digital infrastructure grants from the Ford Foundation, George Soros’ Open Society and Pierre Omidyar’s Omidyar Network.
Meanwhile ordinary people have been suffering through another wave of leftist terror.
In November, an elderly man passing by the area was attacked. When he stopped his truck, “these people started coming out of the woods in camouflage stuff and blocked me in.”
Then they set the truck on fire. “It seemed to me like they were going to burn the truck with me in it.”
Nobody’s fundraising for the man who lost his truck and now suffers from a medical condition, but the IRS is continuing to enable this domestic terrorist campaign. In Atlanta, rioters had marched chanting, “If you build it, we will burn it.” The riots show that they mean it. . .
. . . Members of the ‘occupation’ charged with domestic terrorism were ordered not to maintain “contact with Defend Atlanta Forest on social media”. Despite that, neither Georgia nor the IRS, have revisited the legal status of Defend the Atlanta Forest, its fund and its fiscal host.
While the Forest Defense Justice Fund is not a nonprofit, its fiscal host, the Network For Strong Communities, is a 501(c)(3). Beyond the Atlanta Forest Defenders, Network For Strong Communities also acts as a host for Atlanta Resistance Medics. Manuel Paez, the leftist who shot at a state trooper and was killed in turn, was a member of the Atlanta Resistance Medics.
The ‘medics’, similar to other riot support groups, provide aid to rioters during street violence. The group’s blog suggests that protesters “always be prepared to face tear gas every time you go to a protest” and advises that the “key to avoiding arrest is to always know where all the police are — and more importantly, to know where they aren’t.”
An article about the alleged shooter described the group’s “leaderless nature, its focus on direct action, as well as its anarchist and Marxist leanings.” . . .
. . . Meanwhile Georgia’s Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger has yet to do anything about NSC. The organization was briefly dissolved by his office for failing to pay its fees, but is now listed as being in compliance.
The IRS, which determined that NSC, was a “public charity” has failed to revisit that finding even in the wake of the ongoing violence tearing apart Georgia.
Brad Raffensperger! What a co-inky-dink! Brian Kemp’s no angel either but at least he called up the Guard. That said the rules of engagement are probably as insane as they were for our troops in Afghanistan, or Vietnam or you name the military adventure for profit that sadly has been our wont (get ready for Ukraine, boys!), but I digress.
A few things to take into consideration here. They may claim to have a “leaderless nature” but somewhere in that hive of drones is a queen bee. Their ultimate goals may or may not mesh with that of the Junta in power, but Antifa only is allowed to exist and terrorize the citizenry because the Deep State allows them to do so. For now, their seemingly inchoate, Marxist inspired aims do not conflict with that of the Deep State and in fact, the latter views their running wild in the streets as serving its aims at keeping the citizenry off balance and in check.
The word I’m looking for is symbiosis. Or as Hillary might quip, “You mean like the Symbiosis Liberation Army?” (heh, I made a funneh). If the IRS is allowing these bastards to operate tax free while at the same time denying Tea Party groups tax free status to operate, QED. That is de facto support – legally and financially – of the State for a subversive terrorist organization.
But that does not mean that the government at the federal, state and local levels in blue and perhaps even in red districts are not directly funding them, wittingly and otherwise. When you have Stimulus Bills, Continuing Resolutions, Inflation Reduction Acts, Obamacare Acts and other multi-trillion dollar insanities that are each a few thousand pages long and come up for debate only 48 hours before a vote over a long holiday break so no on can read it, somewhere in the middle in the fine print is money being allocated to some subversive organization that has a cute patriotic name like “People For the American Way.”
I give you fish-eyed oaf Eric Holder, who ran what was essentially an extortion racket against the banking sector and other corporations:
In 2011 Holder’s Justice Department sued 18 banks, including JP Morgan Chase & Co., for allegedly making false statements and omitting material facts when they had sold billions of dollars worth of bonds to the mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac between 2005 and 2007 — transactions that ultimately contributed to the financial crisis and housing-market collapse of 2007-08. In October 2013, JP Morgan and DOJ reached a tentative agreement requiring the bank to pay a $13 billion fine — the largest payout that any financial firm has ever made to the U.S. government. . .
. . . Although the funds derived from these fines were purportedly meant to be distributed to minority victims alleging that they had been charged higher interest rates and fees than white borrowers because of their race (rather than their credit-worthiness), much of the money went instead to Democrat-allied organizations with no connection whatsoever to the DOJ lawsuits. Among these groups were: ACORN, the Mutual Housing Association of New York (a spinoff of ACORN Housing), the National Community Reinvestment Coalition, the National Council of La Raza, the Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America, NeighborWorks, and Operation Hope.
Holder was directly linked and gave cover to the New Black Panther Party in the wake of 2008, and in his college days was a big time supporter of the original, classic-variety Panthers. “Democrat-allied organizations.” That covers a lot of territory, 100% of it anti-American and more than likely quite a few who follow the creed of “By Any Means Necessary,” which not coincidentally is the name of one of these groups.
And that’s not just rhetoric. I don’t have to tell you the score, folks. These are dark days. We have a government, an illegitimate one at that, that is using its bureaucratic instrumentalities in one hand to crush all dissent and standing by as actual street thugs are allowed to use physical violence, mayhem and dictionary-definition terrorism to do the exact same thing with the other.
At some point, though, just as Ernst Roehm and the Brownshirts outlived their usefulness to you-know-who, so too will BLM and Antifa outlive its usefulness. That is, when the Deep State does indeed seize absolute power. If it hasn’t done so already.
Have a good weekend and see you mañana on the hobby thread. New podcast coming later today, too. Be there, aloha.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- “The intelligence community must remain subordinate to our elected officials or we no longer have a functioning democracy. The intelligence community hates this.” (the nub of the essay is correct, but it still does not absolve Biden for likely treasonous acts – jjs)Capturing the Presidency Without a Vote
- Daniel Greenfield: “The Left is using equity to seize control over every American institution.”Equity is the New Communism
- Richard Fernandez: “The year 2023 is shaping up to be the start of long period of destruction and renewal. The old global world is collapsing under the impact of the war in Ukraine, the effect of the [Chinese] Covid-19 pandemic, high energy prices, supply chain disruption, and a declining public confidence in authority. The coming year will see the demolition continue until perhaps the point is reached when it is simply easier to start over again.” The Real Great Reset
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- “Kemp’s order referenced protests and riots that occurred on Saturday, which had stemmed from ongoing demonstrations against a police training facility the city is building in a wooded area of metro Atlanta.” (free fire zone, shoot to kill, bulldoze the homes of any of the terrorists a la the IDF – jjs) Brian Kemp Declares State of Emergency After Anti-Police Riots, Activates Georgia National Guard
- “It seemed to me like they were going to burn the truck with me in it.” Daniel Greenfield: How the IRS Helped Fund the Atlanta Riots
- “What’s her justification for removing herself from the case? Boston cites the fact that her office has been part of the multi-jurisdictional task force charged with clearing the 85-acre property for the construction of the public safety training center.” District Attorney Recuses Herself From Atlanta Domestic Terrorism Case in Atlanta
- “Colinford Mattis’ accomplice, Urooj Rahman, was sentenced to 15 months in November.” (be a real shame if someone like Paul Kersey found them dead in an alley, the victims of a robbery gone bad . . . – jjs) Ivy League Lawyer Who Firebombed Cop Car Will Spend a Year and a Day in Prison
- Julie Kelly: “Maybe next time the police can just shoot them all in the head.” (you know who’s auxiliary police forces did that 1.5 million times? – jjs) January 6 Was the Worst Incident of Police Brutality Since Civil Rights Era
- From the perspective of the American ruling class, the only relevant incentive is to latch onto any “emergency” fig leaf to justify “enlightened” rule, typically imposed in a top-down fashion. Progressivism vs. Popular Sovereignty
- “Study history to find out what ‘progressives’ have in store for us.” Vladimir Lenin and the American Left
BIDEN CRIME FAMILY REVELATIONS
- “Biden aides asked Hunter Biden for help locating vice presidential materials.” Biden Family Had Access to Materials in Biden Office, Emails Suggest
- “Assistant Treasury Secretary for Legislative Affairs Jonathan Davidson told Comer on Wednesday that he failed to identify a purpose for the request.” (stonewalling by junta – jjs)Treasury Department Slaps Down GOP Request For Hunter Biden Records
- Amid the ongoing controversy over classified documents discovered improperly stored by [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Joe Biden, and most recently by former Vice President Mike Pence, the National Archives sent a letter Thursday requesting the re-check, CNN reports. National Archives Formally Asks Presidents and V.P.s of Last 6 Administrations to Re-Check Personal Records for Classified Docs
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “The more information that our litigation uncovers, the worse the picture becomes. The weaponization of the tools and tactics of the national security apparatus against the American people should concern everyone,” Gene Hamilton, America First Legal Vice-President and General Counsel, said in a statement. Biden’s National Security Council Held Meetings With CDC on Chinese COVID Disinfo, Emails Show
- “The Intercept reports that the recent crackdown on free speech by the Indian government has reignited discussion about the influence of tech titans and their willingness to abide by requests to censor content. This has been made especially clear by takeover of Twitter by alleged supporter of free speech Elon Musk.” ‘Free Speech Absolutist’ Elon Musk Caves to Pressure from India to Censor Documentary Critical of Modi
- Lloyd Billingsley: “Congressional Republicans brand the move censorship – and call for hearings.” DirecTV Shuts Down Newsmax
- “You don’t seem a good fit for this job.” African Reporter Goes All Emperor’s-New-Clothes on Karine Jean-Pierre
- “Thanks to identity immunity, certain groups are seemingly shielded from media scrutiny.”Corporate Media Shamefully Silent Over Atlanta Child Abuse and ‘Pedophile Ring’ Case
- They “check” facts like the Hanson brothers and Ogie Oglethorpe check. Report: George Soros Funds Global ‘Fact Checking’ Empire
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, DEMOCRAT-LEFT WAR ON FOSSIL FUELS, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “The ‘Twin Metals Project’ would have tapped the Duluth Complex, where 95 percent of U.S. nickel reserves and 88 percent of U.S. cobalt reserves remain underground.” Interior Department Blocks Minnesota Twin Metals Mining Project in Big Win for Beijing
- “Lützi doesn’t live here anymore.” Germany Comes to Grips with Reality
- “. . . the reason for shrinking sales likely has little to do with whatever health benefits fake meat has (debatable) or whether it’s actually good for the environment (ditto). The Washington Post also reported last week that the real reason consumers are turning their noses up at fake meat is because, well… IT’S FAKE.” There’s Nothing Beyond Meat: Plant-Based ‘Meat’ Sales Take a Serious Pruning
- “The world’s energy infrastructures cannot keep pace with the leftists’ relentless push for electric vehicles.” Electric Vehicles Are an Ideologically Driven Economic Misadventure
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “These rules, and any legislation supported by AOC, would destroy the rental housing market and make it much harder to find affordable housing. What small business owner wants to be beholden to Washington for their business? Rental housing will disappear — perhaps the intended purpose of the new rules.” Biden Makes First Move Toward a Radical National Rent Control Law
- “A risk-based case for taking inflation and the national debt more seriously.” Fiscal Fault Lines
- “An interview with Jonathan Barth, professor of history at Arizona State University, on the history of money and currencies and how to prepare for the worst.” Bubble, Panic, Recover, and Repeat
- Robert Spencer: “A foretaste of a new proposal from California’s Marxist party, a.k.a. the Democrats.” Welcome to the Hotel California, Where You Can Check Out, But You Can Never Leave
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- Roethelisberger Cap-lock: “It’s funny because Democrats simultaneously deny the Holocaust while actively engaging in trying to create another one!” WATCH: “Brokeback” Booker Compares Title 42 to the Holocaust
- “Democrats are invested in trying to reengineer the electorate through mass illegal immigration.” Video: Immigration Reform Head Says “Biden [junta] Are Co-conspirators With the Drug Cartels”
- “An unflinching look at Biden’s disaster.” Turns Out Trump Was Right on Border Security
- “Well, the job, first of all, is different than it was when I was in office seven, eight years ago,” [Jeh] Johnson said. “The current secretary was my deputy secretary, Alejandro Mayorkas. The job is different. The immigration problem is much bigger than it was.”Obama’s DHS Secretary Admits ‘Immigration Problem’ Is ‘Much Bigger’ Under Biden
- “The rapist and killer was allowed into the country early last year as an unaccompanied alien child (UAC) mere months before he robbed, raped, and murdered Hamilton.” ‘Kill, Rape, Control’: Illegal MS-13 Immigrant Arrested for Raping and Killing Autistic Woman Months After Biden Junta Allowed Him In
- Lloyd Billingsley: “California outsources capital punishment to criminal gangs – while the Biden Junta imports murderers.” Sudden Infant Execution Syndrome
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “Tyre Nichols died on January 10, three days after Memphis police pulled him over in a traffic stop, local media reported. Nichols, and the five former police officers involved, are black.” 5 Former Memphis Police Officers Charged In Man’s Death; City Braces For Possible Riots
- “It’s interesting to know that the clerk’s office was instructed specifically not to answer any questions about this case. Why? And why, in the year 2023, is it not possible for a court in the United States to provide digital files? Make it make sense!” Paul Pelosi Body Cam Footage Stuck in Technology Black Hole at San Francisco Court (That’s Their Story)
- “In the spirit of the legendary essay I, Pencil, here’s a perspective on fentanyl that will give you an idea of exactly how deadly this drug is.” I, Fentanyl
AMERICA AND THE WORLD IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “You fucked up,” Walker said, claiming that he lied to the undercover Project Veritas operative because he was “trying to impress a person on a date.” “I’m not even a scientist,” he claimed. (neither is Fauci a scientist, in the real sense anyway but why quibble? – jjs)WATCH: Pfizer Official ‘Physically Assaults’ James O’Keefe, ‘Destroys iPad Showing Undercover Recordings’
- “Big Medicine’s damage control tops the absurd; yet how many can actually see the propaganda?” Eggs and Weather Cause Blood Clots, “Stroke Season”: and “Sudden Cardiac Arrest” Forms For High Schoolers
- “All told, more than 1,000 such lawsuits against the jab mandates have been filed nationwide.” Pushback: Two reporters sue ESPN for terminating them for not getting jabbed
- David Harsanyi: “They don’t care about the effectiveness or constitutionality of gun laws. They just want something ‘done.’” Get Ready For Another Cynical, Useless, Gun-Control Push By Democrats
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “My job, which is a public service, is to protect kids… Sometimes, they need protection from their own parents.” Nonbinary California Teacher Brags About Helping Students Socially Transition Without Parents Knowing
- ‘Rainbow community’ cries “discrimination” after gay porno books removed from kids’ library. Wisconsin Parents Outraged After Finding ‘Queer’ Porn In Children’s School Library
- “School choice is more important than ever.” The Curricular Firing Squads
- “Fixing education has to start sometime, and it has to start somewhere; it looks like that time is now, and that place is Florida.” DeSantis’ College Appointees Like Chris Rufo Show the Battle for America’s Academies is Far From Over
- “A recent scandal at Hamline gains international attention.” Hamline University, Adjunct Professors, and America’s Intellectual Future
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “’Phillips works with all people and always decides whether to take a project based on what message a cake will express, not who is requesting it,’ an ADF press release states.”Colorado Condemns Jack Phillips for Being a Devout Christian, Again
DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- The Daily Caller reported that [Judy] Chu, whose Chinese name is Zhao Meixin, joined the All America Chinese Youth Federation (AACYF), a 501(c)(3) non-profit, in 2012 and is listed on the group’s website as the “honorary president.” (An “all-American?” She makes Vlad Lenin look like Knute Rockne – jjs) Report: Democrat Opposed to House China Committee Serves on Non-Profit Sharing Staff with Alleged Chinese Front Groups
- “One has to wonder, do people like Sohn and Wiener understand the ramifications of their positions? Do they not realize the potential for the collateral damage that can come with advancing these agendas? Or do they just not care?” Biden’s FCC Pick Is Part of Group Opposed to Anti-Human Trafficking Laws
- “The discovery of documents in Biden’s possession could create a fresh line of attack for the Trump campaign against the president, the strategists said, citing what some Republicans see as a double standard in how the DOJ has addressed the cases.” Republican Strategists Say Biden, Pence Doc Scandals Help Trump Ahead Of 2024 Election
- “DeSantis slammed the performance of RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel during the interview, saying that the GOP has experienced several bad election cycles under her watch.” Ron DeSantis Appears To Back Candidate In Race For RNC Chair
- “With the vote for RNC chair happening tomorrow, it will be interesting to see if RNC committeemen vote out McDaniel as their voter base wants or whether they vote to continue McDaniel’s corruption and incompetence.” Rasmussen Poll: Republicans Want Mike Lindell for RNC Chair — Certainly Not Ronna McDaniel
- “It is ultimately up to the 168 national committee members to decide who they want as chair.” McDaniel vs. Dhillon: RNC Candidates Weigh In On Election Integrity
- “McCarthy said this week that Republican members will ‘work to shift power back to the American people’ in a statement announcing assignments for the House Intelligence, Rules, and China competitiveness committees.” Kevin McCarthy Stacks House Rules Committee with Conservatives
- PENCIL stands for “Preventing Extreme Negligence with Classified Information Licenses” Resolution “Congressman Adam Schiff led the effort for years to weaponize lies from the Clinton campaign and a corrupt Department of Justice to smear President Trump while destroying any trust the country had left in America’s intelligence agencies” Gaetz told the Caller before introducing the legislation. Matt Gaetz To Introduce ‘PENCIL Act,’ Blocking Adam Schiff-for-Brains From Reviewing Classified Information
- “I need a little bit of time, so it’s not this year.” SHOT: Sen. Dianne Feinstein Won’t Make a Decision on Her Career Until 2024
- “Evil Republicans, Orange Man Bad, Democracy in danger…the usual.” CHASER: Adam Schiff-for-Brains Running for Senate Even Though Feinstein Hasn’t Announced Retirement
- David Marcus: “Every time that Trump shocked the media with anti-woke rhetoric I would think back to Buchanan’s famous and fiery 1992 “culture war” speech at the Republican National Convention. At the time he was treated as a bigoted neanderthal, but today, well, everything he warned us about has come true.” (sorry, David, but he’s still an anti-Semite who dislikes Israel as much as any Democrat – jjs) Pat Buchanan’s Legacy Is the Future of the New Right
THE UKRAINIAN “FRONT”
- “The United States has worked in lockstep with our Allies and partners around the world to make sure the Ukrainian people are in the strongest possible position to defend their nation,” Biden said in remarks delivered at the White House on Wednesday. Russia Launches Missile Strikes on Kyiv One Day After Biden Announces U.S. Will Provide Ukraine with Abrams Tanks
- “According to reports, Biden will send 31 M1A1 Abrams tanks, eight M88 recovery vehicles, and more than 500 armored vehicles.” FLASHBACK: Biden Said Sending Tanks to Ukraine Would Start World War III
- “Neither we nor our allies are prepared to fight all-out war with Russia, regionally or globally.” This Time It’s Different
- ” The uniparty warmongers are whitewashing these Nazis in order to justify their treachery and fool the public.” Inside the Nazi Whitewash of Ukraine
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “Trudeau and his hefty security escort seemed surprised by the size and intensity of the protest outside Jackson Square Plaza in Hamilton.” Protesters Surround Justin “Castreau-cescu” Trudeau, Shouting ‘Tyrant’ and ‘Traitor’
- “The answer is as much an enigma as President Xi himself.” Will Xi Jinping Invade Taiwan?
- IDF: We “dismantled a ticking time bomb.” Israeli Raid Kills 9 Islamic Jihad Operatives Planning Attacks Inside Israel
- “The American military establishment has not allowed debate over Israel’s domestic politics interfere with its national security mission.” Where The U.S. and Israel Make Common Cause
- “One man deprived Jews of the right to pray on the Temple Mount.” Moshe Dayan’s Great Mistake
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- If it’s true, then good. Even so, you can kill one cockroach but there are 10 more behind the refrigerator. U.S. Military Kills Top ISIS Leader Along With Nearly A Dozen ISIS Operatives In Africa
- “It was individual Marines taking initiative to share information that former Marines may not have been aware of,” Jim Edwards, deputy director of communications at Marine Corps Recruiting Command, told the DCNF. Marine Corps Recruiters Trying to Get Members Booted Over the Chinese COVID Vaccine Mandate to Rejoin, Texts Show
- Robert Spencer: “It was an explosive affair.” New Jersey Army Vet Falls in Love with Jihadi
HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE
- “It’s yet another state-level example of Republican politicians selling out their own voters to bloated and harmful special interests.” Indiana Gov. Wants 29 Times More Funding For Bureaucracy That Brutalized Public Health
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “Isar is one of three German rocket startups vying for business.” German rocket startup Isar Aerospace gets first American customer
- Contrast with the above story: “This launcher will never give autonomous access to space to Europe.” Arianespace’s chief condemns the idea of independent private European rocket companies
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- The problem with these objections is that they don’t go deep enough. If you accept your opponents’ presuppositions — that sex has more to do with self-expression than procreation, that consent is the sole determinant of sexual morality, that personal fulfillment is the purpose of human life — you’ve already lost.” Why Conservatives Will Lose The ‘Grooming’ Debate
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “It is a symbol of new forms of power—and cruelty.” Babylon-on-Hudson
- If you took an Oscar, a carving of a Baphomet, a Cthulhu action figure, Princess Leia’s hair from Star Wars, and a member of the Borg Collective and added Botticelli’s “Birth of Venus” and a giant squid, and then ran them through a compactor, you might have something close to the statue “NOW” created by artist Shahzia Sikander. Related: What’s With the New Statue at One of New York City’s State Courthouses?
- “The flurry of awkward audio clips and screenshots concerning Roiland has exploded on social media amid charges of felony domestic violence with corporal injury and one count of false imprisonment by menace, violence, fraud, or deceit.” Read the Disturbing Texts Ousted Rick and Morty’Co-Creator Justin Roiland Allegedly Sent to Young Fans
- Christian Toto: “Legendary actor founded Utah festival to give indie voices a boost. . . It’s still odd that he hasn’t shared his opinion on the degradation of his beloved festival.” What Does Robert Redford Have to Say About Sundance’s “Loyalty Oath?”
- “How the formerly family-friendly enterprise lost its way.” (it’s only a microcosm of America- jjs) Disney’s Disenchanted Kingdom
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.