Good morning, kids. So, in accepting that she’s been given the boot, instead of humility and perhaps a bit of introspection, Lori Lightfoot instead commented that the reason for her loss was that she was black and a woman. Funny, but if that really were the case then how did she get elected four years ago in the first place? I don’t necessarily blame her so much as her supporters and the thick-headed brain-dead brainwashed general public and media for not immediately pointing that out to her within a nanosecond of the words leaving her maw.
In the sense of the news cycle, this may be yesterday’s news but it very much is an indicator of the health of our society. And to say it’s in critical condition is to be an optimist. Case in point is yesterday’s testimony from Attorney General Merrick Garland in front of a Senate committee. Despite Democrat control Senators Cruz, Lee and Hawley succeeded in ripping him a new one. Not that it matters for a whole host of reasons, but still.
Not that it fazed him in the least, but AG Merrick Garland did not have a good day on Capitol Hill Wednesday. Garland was there for a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing and Josh Hawley of Missouri laid into him for the FBI raid on pro-life activist Mark Houck’s home last year. In fact, Hawley took Garland apart like the engine block of a ’57 Chevy (my apologies to classic car fans out there):
“We’re supposed to hate long guns and assault style weapons, yet you’re happy to deploy them against Catholics and innocent children — happy to.”
According to Newsweek, Hawley also cited the FBI memo last month that tried to portray conservative Catholics who prefer the Latin Mass as potential white supremacists. The FBI later rescinded the memo but made no apologies. . .
. . . If Garland had not sold his soul, he might feel some shame over the fact that under his aegis, the DOJ has become nothing more than an enforcement arm of the state against people that the Inner Party has deemed “undesirable” or dangerous. Senator Mike Lee once told me how relieved he was that Garland was denied a spot on the Supreme Court. He asked everyone in earshot to think about what would have happened had Garland been confirmed. It seems as if Garland has never forgotten that and, for that matter, has never forgiven it, either. Imagine having such a degree of rage, desire for revenge, and lust for power that you cannot even see what you have become and what you have turned your agency into. Weaponizing the FBI was a natural step for Garland. The fact that he can do it in the name of national security is merely the icing on the cake.
This is all well and true. To have politicians and worse, in our case, bureaucrats who have such a disdain not just for any sense of decency, proportion, ethics and at the barest minimum subsuming to the best of one’s ability one’s political leanings to honor the oaths they swore to uphold the Constitution in the daily discharging of their duties is bad enough. Horrendous in fact.
But when it extends even further down the chain to those “who were only following orders,” then we as a people are in real trouble. Bob Zimmerman, who does outstanding work covering the science beat at his Behind The Black blog, has also been covering quite a lot of the cultural revolution “woke” beat as well. And sadly from personal experience. This story, dovetails with frightening precision the DOJ’s war on not just pro-lifers and Catholics but, as we know all to well, anyone who is seen as an enemy of the junta:
As part of the annual pro-life March for Life demonstration in DC on January 20, 2023, volunteers running a food table were forced to move away from the Washington Monument because, as one park ranger told them, they were in a “First Amendment-free zone.”
These women had set up the same table at the same spot the year before, with no problems.
Though the granite plaza itself is considered a “restricted zone” where “Activities may only occur within these areas on specified dates to maintain the contemplative and respectful environment of the memorial,” these women were only running a craft service table, an activity that the park service only the year before did not consider a violation of this rule.
Furthermore, we know this was not the reason the ranger and police officer moved to remove them. By his own words, the ranger called this area a “First Amendment-free zone,” thus telling them that they were not allowed to express their opinions there and had to leave, even though the park website itself specifically contradicts this ranger, proudly stating that:
The Mall has served as a venue for people to exercise their First Amendment rights nearly since its creation in 1791. All demonstrations with more than 25 people require a free permit to address potential safety and resource protection considerations and to avoid conflicts with other permitted activities.
. . . It appears a general order had gone out in 2023 from the Biden administration, ordering officials at many Washington museums and monuments to hassle and blacklist, as frequently as possible, the March-for-Life demonstrators, and those officials and the personnel who worked for them were entirely okay with such orders, eager and glad to oblige.
Zimmerman notes quite well that this isn’t a president (legit or pervert/vegetable), nor an attorney general nor any other high up tyrant. This is a low-level apple-robbing fat stooge in a Smokey Bear hat evidently designed by Hugo Boss. If you’re just following a “fuhrerbefehl” reluctantly or grudgingly or whatever, you wouldn’t be adding that bit about being in a “First Amendment-free zone.” That’s supposed to be behind the Iron Curtain, not of all tragically ironic places the Washington Monument.
But of course, you don’t need to be peacefully – not “mostly peacefully” – demonstrating or holding a rally or even praying silently in public. You just have to merely exist or be guilty of being white in the presence of a perpetually oppressed victim of white supremacy and slavery.
Hat tip for this bit of footage from friend of the blog Michael Walsh:
Isn’t it interesting how these perpetual victims of slavery and white supremacist oppression who can never get a fair shake in America somehow wind up getting elected Mayor of Chicago, or President of the United States – twice – or get to beat the shit out of their masters and oppressors at will with impunity?
When the Iron Curtain fell, evidently it fell on us, along with the curtain rods, drywall and the lintel with it. But Marjorie Taylor Greene is an asshole for daring to suggest national divorce is necessary, right?
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- “‘Crisis’ is the norm, the default starting point for all politics.” The Rise of the Biosecurity Complex
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- “An unbelievable show of force.” Sen. Hawley Goes After Merrick Garland For Arrest Of Pro-Life Father
- Before his time expired, Cruz also said it was “striking” to him that leaks about the federal investigation into Hunter Biden seem to be more focused on possible tax crimes and a false statement related to a gun purchase that could be complicated by his history of drug use rather than the “very real evidence” of corruption involving the younger Biden’s father, [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Biden. Garland Claims Ignorance About Leaks From Trump, Biden Docs Investigations
- “I will say, you are quite right: there are many more prosecutions with respect to blocking of the abortion centers. But that is generally because those actions are taken with photography at the time, during the daylight, and seeing the person who did it is quite easy,” Garland told Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) during a Wednesday Senate Judiciary Committee hearing. Merrick Garland Says DOJ Has Prosecuted More Pro-Lifers Because Attacks Occurred ‘During the Daylight’
- “We don’t have enough.” (. . . money and goons to terrorize and persecute enemies of the junta – js) Merrick Garland Hungry For Expanded DOJ
* * * * *
- The lawsuit stated the NYPD “arrested and charged the protestors without probable cause and subjected them to excessive force, as part of a planned police action involving some of the most senior members of the NYPD,” as reported by NBC News. Police officers contained the protesters through “kettling,” a practice in which officers contain protesters in small confinements without letting them leave. NYC Agrees To Multimillion-Dollar Settlement With George Floyd “Protesters”
- “Say what one will, anti-white sentiment is out there, particularly when it comes to white men. And if these two do not have agendas, then they may be fighting back in the only way they know how.” A White Man Sues a Bar and a White Student Sues Howard Law School for Discrimination
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “On March 9, lawmakers participating in the bipartisan probe will hear from a trio of writers who were the primary journalists given access to Twitter’s internal records by the company’s new CEO Elon Musk. Substack reporters Matt Taibbi and Michael Shellenberger will testify at the daytime hearing.” House Weaponization Committee To Focus On The ‘Twitter Files’ In Second Hearing
- Margot Cleveland: “Thanks to the Censorship Complex, Americans are no better off than the citizens of authoritarian countries with state-controlled media.” 6 Ways the Censorship Complex Silences Speech it Doesn’t Want You to Say or Hear
- “Did you notice that something that had never been an issue before, gas stoves, suddenly popped up everywhere all at once? That’s how it works. One message is repeated, amplified, repeated again, and reamplified, across every available medium. . . Normal people — that excludes you and me, gentle reader — who get their news the way normal people do, are suddenly questioning their gas cooktops. Because the ever present Current Message pounded it into their heads.” Did You Ever Wonder How and Why the Left Is Able to Push Their Narratives Almost Unheeded?
- “CNN is spreading coordinated misinformation concerning the findings of the grand jury investigating Donald Trump and Georgia election fraud.” CNN and Election Disinformation
- Semafor markets itself as providing “a news source you can trust” providing “unparalleled levels of journalistic transparency” in order to “rebuild trust” with news media consumers skeptical of the industry’s veracity. Its mission statement lists “climate change” as one of the “biggest stories” and “greatest crises” facing humanity. Buzzfeed Ben Smith’s Semafor Partners with CCP-Linked Think Tank
- “Utah Sen. Mike Lee was suspended from Twitter after the GOP lawmaker shared a Federalist article critical of Biden foreign policy.” Twitter Bans Sen. Mike Lee After He Shared Federalist Article Criticizing Biden Foreign Policy
- “It appears a general order had gone out in 2023 from the Biden [junta], ordering officials at many Washington museums and monuments to hassle and blacklist, as frequently as possible, the March-for-Life demonstrators, and those officials and the personnel who worked for them were entirely okay with such orders, eager and glad to oblige.” Today’s blacklisted Americans: Pro-lifers banned from the Washington Monument because it is a “First Amendment-free zone”
OHIO DERAILMENT, TOXIC CHEMICAL DISASTER
- “Brown blames Norfolk Southern’s ‘corporate lobbyists’ for derailment. They happen to be his campaign donors.” Ohio Republican Calls on Sherrod Brown-Note to Return Norfolk Southern Money
- “Stephen Lester, science director at the Center for Health, Environment and Justice, told WKBN there is no doubt in his mind that dioxins were released during the controlled burn of vinyl chloride in East Palestine last month.” Scientist Slams EPA for Not Testing for Cancer-Causing Chemical in East Palestine
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, DEMOCRAT-LEFT WAR ON FOSSIL FUELS, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “The new rules would permit the sale of gasoline containing 15% ethanol (commonly known as E15) year-round in Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin, beginning in 2024, according to the agency’s proposal. EPA regulations currently forbid the retail sale of E15 from June 1 to September 15 due to concerns that it produces more smog in warmer weather compared to 10% blends of ethanol (E10), Reuters reported.”Biden Proposes a Massive Gift to the Corn Lobby
- “Arminius to Rome: take your culture and shove it.” ‘Saving’ the Planet? Surely You Jest
- “Rationing resources to fight a nonexistent enemy – we’ll have less and be expected to like it.” Global Warming, the Moral Equivalent of War
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “Though there is an off chance that Justice Brett Kavanaugh or Amy Coney Barrett might break from their fellow Republican appointees, all six of the GOP-appointed justices appeared inclined to kill the program.” Leftists Ready To Blame Republicans When SCOTUS Strikes Down Biden’s Unconstitutional Student Loan Forgiveness
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “Why are we devaluing American citizenship?,” asked Ohene-Opare, a Ghanaian immigrant who became a U.S. citizen after nearly two decades of living and working in the country.Legal U.S. Immigrants Blast D.C. Law Allowing Illegal Migrants to Vote in Local Election
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “Muffley was charged with possession of an explosive at an airport and possessing, or attempting to place, or attempting to have placed an explosive or incendiary device on an aircraft.” (any relation to Merkin Muffley? – jjs) Feds Arrest Man for Allegedly Attempting to Bring Explosive Device on Plane in Pennsylvania
- “El Salvador may not show the way, but it does give a direction.” (see related link in Foreign Affairs – jjs_ Our Underincarceration Problem
AMERICA AND THE WORLD IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “If you admit it’s a leak from the Wuhan lab, then it’s legitimate to trace that lab’s activities and who funded it.” The Suppression of the ‘Lab Leak Theory’ Has Collapsed
- All this does is illegally surrender control of our health care system and more than that to the Chi-Coms. Joe Biden Junta ‘Committed’ to W.H.O. Pandemic Accord
- “But who will be held accountable for the cacophony of lies?” The Lancet Concedes: Vaccines are NOT More Effective Than Natural Immunity
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- The parents learned of the social transition months later when their daughter drew a picture that said, “I wanna kill myself.” Lawsuit Alleges New York Trans Teacher ‘Forced’ 5th-Grader To Change Name, Pronouns
- “Young faculty members and female faculty members are the least likely to tolerate heterodox speech: One in five faculty members under the age of 35 report some level of acceptance of students using violence to stop a controversial campus speaker.” Female Faculty More Likely to Support Speech Restrictions, Campus Investigations, Deplatforming
- Christopher Rufo: “At Florida International University, DEI bureaucrats have made political activism the center of academic life.” The Commissars Will See You Now
- “Rather than teaching students to interrogate all premises, ‘critical thinking’ demands they adopt a position of unwavering faith in liberal conventions.” ‘Critical Thinking’: An Educational Shock Collar
- Terry Jeffrey: “While public school teachers are earning higher salaries than Catholic school teachers, there students are earning lower test scores.” Catholic School Teachers Work More, Get Paid Less, Produce Better Results Than Public School Teachers
- “State wide, 19 school districts did not have one student test proficient in math on the 2022 Minnesota Comprehensive Assessment, a standardized test used to determine what students have learned, according to a Center of the American Experiment report. Of elementary schools in the Minneapolis and St. Paul school districts, seven did not have a single student meeting grade level expectations in math.” Not One Student Proficient In Math In 10 Minneapolis, St. Paul Public Schools: Report
- “Unlike most of the blacklist stories I have covered in the past two-plus years, the victim here is not conservative, but on the left, and her oppressors are religious and conservative instead.” Today’s blacklisted American: University tells student it will block her speech, even off campus and on her private time
- “The overturning of Roe v. Wade has energized attempts to punish pro-life doctors using various state licensing boards and continuing education programs. The claim is that doctors who go against the medical association’s position are spreading ‘misinformation,’ that most weasely of weasel words.” Pro-Life OB-GYN Group BANNED From American College of OB-GYNs Orwellian ‘Building Bridges’ Conference
- “The Feb. 27 ruling from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit in New York City reverses the lower court’s decision.” Federal Court Says Pro-Life Maternal Care Centers Don’t Have To Hire Abortion Activists
THE 2020 AND 2022ELECTION HEISTS & AFTERMATH
- Under the directive, grant recipients such as the agency’s “Urban Area Security Initiative” are required to spend at least 3 percent of their total grant money on so-called “election security” efforts. As even the left-wing Bipartisan Policy Center admitted, federal funding for elections has never been conducted this way. Biden’s DHS Just Revealed How It Plans To Use Your Tax Dollars To Interfere In U.S. Elections
- “Industrial-scale fraud, committed by organized actors, accelerates over time like a drug-resistant bacterium.” How to Lose in 2024
- “Despite apparently violating the law, Benson didn’t remove the ineligible registrants. PILF’s ongoing lawsuit seeks to compel Benson to remove nearly 26,000 dead voters from Michigan’s rolls.” Here Are Three Dead People Jocelyn Benson Wants To Keep On Michigan’s Voter Rolls
SHAMPEACHMENT 1.0, 2016 CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- “Emily Kohrs, the giggling foreman of a Georgia grand jury, betrays her bias on CNN.”Another Get-Trump Witch Hunt in Georgia
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “Ticketmaster makes money off event where Farrakhan assailed ‘stranglehold that Jews have on this government.'” Lawmakers Mum As Ticketmaster Doles Out Tickets For Farrakhan Hate Rally
- “Can you guess what this American actor is complicit in?” Mark Ruffalo – The Sorry, Not Sorry Jew-Hater
DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- “The transracial grifter, who since 2004 claimed to be of Latin, South Asian, and Arab descent, is a prominent activist in the Philadelphia area and has rubbed shoulders with Democratic Reps. Ilhan Omar (Minn.) and Rashida Tlaib (Mich.), and attended an event at the Obama White House in July 2016, according to photos from her deleted Flickr album.”White Lies: Fake Muslim Activist Who Rubbed Shoulders With ‘Squad’ Members Resigns in Disgrace
- “The Republican National Committee is prepared to take on a new strategy to keep Trump on the sidelines.” A Subtle Way for Establishment Republicans to Sabotage Trump
- “We haven’t slept. We’ve been up 24 hours. We’re doing this because we love New Orleans. This is a labor of love and we’re doing it for us.” Dem Mayor LaToya Cantrell May Be Recalled As Murder Rate Soars, Trash Floods Streets
- “Voters ousted incumbent Lori Lightfoot in the first-round mayoral race; now, they face a stark ideological choice.” Which Way, Chicago?
- “It amazes me that voters ever elected that creep in the first place.” If They Are Smart Enough to Kick Out Lightfoot, Why Aren’t They Smart Enough to Elect a Republican?
- “When even leftists have had enough.” (I’ll believe it when they elect a true conservative – jjs) Lightfoot Out
- Robert Spencer: “If American society were remotely sane today, both Lightfoot and Cullerton Hooper would recognize that being held to account for one’s record is not racist, but the opposite of racism, as it assumes that a black woman can and should govern ably and is responsible when she doesn’t. But, of course, that is not how all this works.” Was Jussie Smollett Right? Is Chicago MAGA Country After All?
- “The Windy City’s open-primary system, in contrast with Gotham’s, ensures that every voter has a voice.” Where New York Should Follow Chicago’s Lead
- “Twenty-five years ago, scoring short-term political points prevented both parties from tackling real and necessary structural reforms.” Lamenting Lewinsky (Still)
THE UKRAINIAN “FRONT”
- “The way they left Afghanistan was such a disaster. I think the most embarrassing moment in the history of our country. It showed gross incompetence, and I think that probably helped the decision to go into Ukraine,” he told [Sebastian] Gorka. Donald Trump on “Horror Show” Ukraine War: I’d Strike Peace Deal “Within 24 Hours”
- BBC: “Russian energy giant Gazprom operates a facility about ….100 km (62 miles) from Moscow, where the drone crashed.” Report: Ukraine Drones Attempted to Hit Russian Gas Facility Near Moscow
- David Harsanyi: “If the cause of Ukraine is righteous, there is no reason to chill debate.”Questioning Biden’s Ukraine Policy Doesn’t Make You An ‘Isolationist’
- “The notoriously corrupt Ukraine couldn’t possibly be doing anything unethical with the untracked billions. . . ” Pentagon Inspector General Unwilling to Reveal if Rules Monitoring Ukraine Aid were Followed
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “Iranian centrifuges had been enriching uranium to 60 percent purity, according to the U.N. atomic watchdog’s last quarterly report on the matter. The latest report also said that the stockpile had increased from 25.2 kg to 87.5 kg.” U.N. Watchdog Confirms Iran’s Uranium Enriched to Near Bomb-Grade Levels
- “Iran’s parliament provides legal framework for Tehran’s security forces to murder, torture, and imprison dissidents, lawmakers say.” Congress Calls for Sanctions on Iran’s Parliament
- “Xi’s regime is flawed — and someday those flaws may prove fatal — but it has a lot of life left in it yet.” Reports of China’s Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated
- “Its decline wasn’t inevitable. It stands as a warning to all Western nations about the speed with which bad (read: leftist) management will destroy a country.” South Africa is in Freefall
- “The international attention toward El Salvador indeed comes as a report from the Marshall Project showed that authorities in the United States solved less than 50% of homicides in 2020, the latest metric in a long decline since the 70% of homicides that were solved in the 1980s.” WATCH: El Salvador President Addresses Soldiers Battling Gang Violence, Has an Ominous Word for America
- “It felt more real than a video call,” Quiones told the publication, adding that the experience was “amazing.” Using Zoom for virtual hearings, the magistrate said that “many people turn off their cameras, you have no idea what they’re doing.” Colombian Court Holds First Legal Trial in Metaverse
- “Rendering them completely stateless is a closer step in the right direction.” Stripping Terrorists of Citizenship Does Not Go Far Enough
- Pot meet kettle. And remain blessed! Comedy Gold! Election Denier “Tank” Abrams Serves as Nigerian Election Observer
BIDEN AFGHANISTAN BUG-OUT DISASTER AFTERMATH
- Robert Spencer: “It’s clear that the U.S. military was too busy implementing Critical Race Theory programs and enforcing vaccine mandates to formulate a coherent plan for an orderly withdrawal from Afghanistan. Now those who stood by us there are paying the price. Chalk up another reason why Old Joe will be remembered as the worst president in American history.” Thanks, Joe! Taliban Using Fingerprint and Gun Records to Hunt Down Afghans Who Worked for the U.S.
- “Then he sends a video of the body to a neighbor over Snapchat.” Albanian Migrant Murders His French Host After Argument Over Religion
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE COURTS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE
- “Michael Delaney nomination in peril as parents of sexual assault victim speak out.” Biden Judicial Nominee on the Ropes
- “Even as their state lost more residents last year than ever before—thousands of them moving to Florida—New York policymakers seem to have no answers.” See You Soon, Alligator
HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE
- “The company announced on Wednesday that it is moving forward with ‘price reductions of 70% for its most commonly prescribed insulins and an expansion of its Insulin Value Program that caps patient out-of-pocket costs at $35 or less per month.’” Pharmaceutical Giant Eli Lilly to Cap Monthly Out-of-Pocket Insulin Costs at $35
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “SpaceX alone leads the entire world combined [in launches], including all other American companies, 14 to 13.” SpaceX successfully launches its Endeavour capsule carrying four astronauts
- “In a significant breakthrough that might solve a problem that has been on on-going threat to future lunar exploration, researchers at Washington State University have developed a liquid nitrogen spray that appears able to remove the Moon dust that sticks to spacesuits and equipment.” Researchers develop liquid nitrogen spray that removes lunar dust
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “In what world is this even remotely fair?” Girls Basketball Team Withdraws From State Tournament in Protest Against Transgender Player Who Dominates Games
- “The project creates video game-like avatars with which people can envision specific body parts they want to target with surgery to make themselves look more masculine or feminine.” With 3D Body-Image Avatars And Fake Voices For Trans People, Biden’s NIH Goes To New Extremes
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “First Dahl, then Bond, now Scrooge McDuck — the woke editor’s scissors are coming for our childhoods, one book at a time.” (along with your child’s genitals – jjs) The Death of Culture and Entertainment
- “I don’t feel that we should have forced testing, forced masking and forced vaccination”Woody Harrelson Doubles Down, Slams Chinese COVID Mandates: US Is “Not A Free Country”
- Lloyd Billingsley: “Henry Louis Gates outs Angela Davis as a Mayflower descendant but ignores her political roots.” When Henry Met Angie
- Victor Davis Hanson: “Americans should end it now before it ends America first.” (too late, VDH – jjs) The Woke Wrecking Machine
- “Hulu’s documentary series on the ‘1619 Project’ demonstrates the benefits of capitalism.”Bagging Two Birds With One Stone
HITHER & YON
- Christian Toto: “Taut direction, plus a gritty lead turn by Natalie Terrazzino, generate big thrills.” Hunt Her Kill Her Makes the Most of Its Limited Budget, Setting
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.