Good morning, kids. So, Fox News settled with Dominion Voting Systems, a.k.a. “Dao-Min Yen” for about half of the $1.6 billion the one-armed bandit maker was hoping to shake them down for, and had to admit that they lied about them regarding the 2020 election. The fact that the trial took place in Delaware, the home state, or one of the home states, of Joey Sponge-Brain Shits-Pants (the other one is Pennsylvania which figured prominently in this case), should cast absolutely no doubt that the network was going to get anything but a fair trial! Just like Donald Trump is absolutely going to get honest and fair trials in New York, Atlanta and D.C.!
Pfft. On the one hand, ironically enough, it was Fox News that put a huge torpedo into America on election night by calling Arizona with blatant prematurity that crossed the line into manifest irresponsibility. Tucker Carlson along with perhaps a handful of decent field reporters aside, the network as now run by the Murdoch spawn has degenerated to near CNN/MSLSD levels of leftism in their reportage, so to hell with them.
On the other hand, leftists have been shouting “Fox News! Fox News!” for nearly 30 years like an idiot savant parrot with Tourette’s, and this settlement will not help that situation going forward, so we have that hockiner-tchainik over our heads even louder now with every real revelation of Democrat-Leftist crime, fraud, scandal and you-name-it that manages to get past their censors and propagandists going forward.
And despite Sydney Powell’s unreleased Kraken, which I think was more of a function of DOJ/CIA intimidation than any shadiness on her part, a computer manufactured and requiring sophisticated programming from foreign soil does not fill one with strength and confidence that it is absolutely honest, infallible and incorruptible. In any case, why would a machine that should be doing nothing more than scanning marks made by that classic Eberhard Faber #2 pencil and clicking off Column A, Column B or blank need to be programmed with coding and software and algorithms to the level of Colossus and Guardian – which we saw in real time on election night as it happened?
Sound of Tourette’s parrot screeching “FOX NEWS! FOX NEWS!” Q.E.D. on so many levels.
In any case the free fall into the abyss continues, with the intentional surrender of our cities to the rule of the jungle at the top of the hit parade. Keen-eyed readers will note that, despite my embargoing of the NY Post a couple of months ago for allowing blatant bias to creep into a news story that sent me over the edge, there are many outstanding columnists as well as stories generally ignored by other outlets, that are just too good to overlook. Michael Goodwin, despite his still cockeyed view of the current situation is usually quite good and generally worthy of one’s time. Even when he’s wrong or otherwise misses the bigger picture. Here for example, he’s tantalizingly close to seeing it.
A confession: When House Republicans announced plans for a New York hearing to showcase rampant crime, I didn’t need to curb my enthusiasm.
I assumed the worst, that the hearing would bring New Yorkers bad news they already know and that Democrats and their media shills would dismiss the event as theater designed to embarrass Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg.
I was right.
The hearing, partly because of its timing, smelled like payback for Bragg’s flimsy indictment of Donald Trump, giving Dems and the media the ammunition to repeatedly ridicule it as a partisan dog-and-pony show.
But I was also wrong in a major way: I underestimated how clueless and heartless Democrats could be about the sufferings of actual crime victims.
My big takeaway was that they really don’t give a damn.
Emphasis mine. Whatever the GOP’s motivations were in these hearings, and I think that payback at Bragg for going after Trump is a secondary consideration, Michael Goodwin surely is old enough to realize that crime, violence and inner city dissolution have plagued New York and every other major American urban area or district since the 1960s – areas that have been under the “compassionate” jackboot of Democrats for decades. Especially and as a result of The Great Society and the War on Poverty that have succeeded in doing nothing but drain the taxpayer and destroy millions of lives that they supposedly were going to elevate and save.
Cluelessness and heartlessness of Democrats aren’t bugs. They’re features. Continuing . . .
Manhattan Rep. Jerry Nadler, for example, made the brain-dead mistake of citing declining homicide rates and decreased shootings in New York as proof that Judiciary Committee Republicans were using crime as a “pretext” to “bully the district attorney.”
Telling grieving families that statistics say crime really isn’t so bad in New York and it’s worse elsewhere is tone-deaf.
That’s what 30 years in Washington will do to you.
The indifference of Nadler and his fellow travelers to the witnesses’ pain and demands for justice made the hearing instructive. As a result, the Dems snatched defeat from the jaws of victory and the hearing was more than worthwhile. The deniers were ice cold when warmth and compassion were called for, with Rep. Daniel Goldman offering another example of callousness.
His attempt to label the day a waste of time earned him a much-deserved scolding from the angry mother of a murder victim. “Don’t insult my intelligence,” Madeline Brame snapped at Goldman, an heir to the Levi Strauss fortune and a prolific stock trader whose district includes lower Manhattan and parts of Brooklyn. “You’re trying to insult me like I’m not aware of what’s going on here,” Brame said. . .
. . . Nadler got a deserved tongue-lashing from Barry Borgen, whose son was the victim of a brutal anti-Semitic attack.
Joseph Borgen, 30, was beaten by a pack of men as he walked near a pro-Israel rally in Times Square in May 2021. Bragg offered one of the attackers a plea deal that let him serve just six months in prison. The other three face felony charges, but remain free on either bond or bail.
Borgen blasted the “sweetheart slap-on-the-wrist deal” for the one attacker, calling it an example of Bragg’s “incompetence.” Speaking to Nadler, the father said, “You have Jewish roots here and behavior like this enables DA Bragg to do whatever he wants to do.”
After saying he would never again vote for Sen. Chuck Schumer because Schumer’s office didn’t return his phone calls, Borgen added to Nadler, “If I lived in Manhattan, I wouldn’t vote for you, either.” Only an extreme optimist would believe the witnesses’ testimony will have a political impact.
Nationally and locally, most elected Dems have developed a tin ear and a cold heart about crime. Their compassion, if they have any, is usually reserved for the criminal class, as if the thugs and thieves are the victims. In their warped view, the culprits are police, judges and a nation that is racist because it believes crime deserves punishment.
Goodwin is correct here but he misses a bigger picture. It’s not just that the nation is racist; it’s that the nation is illegitimate and must be overthrown, naturally with them in power, forever. Crime running wild as never before is both a means to feed the myth of “oppressed” people being targeted for genocide as a justified legitimate expression of political grievance AND, unbeknownst to the mind-numbed masses of bastards, imbeciles and lost souls a tool of ultimate political repression.
One day soon, the junta in DC will suddenly declare a “crisis.” Sound familiar? And of course that crisis will demand a response. The thing I don’t think they thought through is, the mass of demonized racist Americans who the Junta hopes will cry out for the government to step in and take control are the very group they have been demonizing as extremist MAGA Republican white supremacists and an “existential threat to our precious democracy” (*vomits).” To do something to restore order would mean locking up and punishing the criminals who they now coddle and incite as the victims.
I think it’s a case where the Left hand doesn’t really know what the Far Left hand is up to.
With that, I sense a real opportunity for Republicans to finally make significant inroads into black, Latino and other groups marginalized and abused by Democrats. The invective hurled at them in this hearing is palpable.
Does anyone on our side have the courage as well as the ability to articulate what is being done to them and what has been done to them since time immemorial? The world wonders. . .
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- Michael Walsh: “The structure of the American government has been bitch-slapped by these interlopers for far too long. No self-respecting country can so easily and willingly cede its sovereignty to mamelukes and eunuchs and remain independent for long.” To Save America, Abolish the Regulatory Agencies
- “The last best hope for our world has been hijacked.” When Did The U.S. Become East Germany?
- Richard Fernandez: ” It’s important to note these governance guidelines come, not from the machines themselves, but from people. This is ironic because people caused the ethical problems that need to be governed in the first place. A.I. itself is not theoretically bigoted. But humans are, and AI systems are designed and programmed by humans reflect those biases.” A.I. — It’s People All the Way Down
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- The protesters, many of whom were members of the far-left ShutDownDC, vocally rejected the governor’s appearance, congregating outside the roughly two-hour event holding flags supporting transgenderism and gay pride and shouting support for abortion, Black Lives Matter, and saying the term “gay.” (if you don’t think this is organized, bought and paid for by the Democrats and Soros, you’ve been bogarting Hunter’s crack pipe too long – jjs)DeSantis Draws Mob of ‘We Say Gay’ Protesters During D.C. Meeting with Congress Members
- [Turning Point USA contributor and former sports reporter Jon] Root was scheduled to deliver a talk entitled “How Wokeness Is Destroying America” on Wednesday. According to the Eventbrite page, the lecture was meant to highlight how “the religion of wokeness has ruined sports, culture, and the church.” Conservative Speaker Loses Venue At SFSU Days After Swim Champ Riley Gaines Attacked on Campus
- Police officers escorted Hawkins, SFL president, and Isabel Brown, Turning Point USA contributor, from the venue after protesters at the March event became unruly, according to video posted on SFL. Hawkins will get another chance to speak on campus on April 26 after the organization’s legal counsel partnered with Alliance Defending Freedom, a conservative legal group, to send a demand letter alleging VCU did not uphold the speakers’ free speech rights, SFL reported. University Invites Pro-Life Speaker Back to Campus After Protest Forces Evacuation, Turns Violent
- Daniel Greenfield: “Are they ‘astronauts’ or ‘cosmonauts?'” Biden’s Black Astronaut Reads Anti-White Poem to Prep for Mission
- “Former angry BLM activist transforms into a calm and confident voice for the conservative movement.” Prager U Video: “How I Accidentally Red-Pilled Myself”
- Michael Goodwin: “The hearing, partly because of its timing, smelled like payback for Bragg’s flimsy indictment of Donald Trump, giving Dems and the media the ammunition to repeatedly ridicule it as a partisan dog-and-pony show. But I was also wrong in a major way: I underestimated how clueless and heartless Democrats could be about the sufferings of actual crime victims.” Just How Callous Can These Clueless, Heartless Democrats Be!
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “The agreement to end the case avoided what most experts suggested would have been a damaging, high-profile trial for the conservative channel in which owner Rupert Murdoch would have been compelled to testify in open court.” Fox News Settles Defamation Case for $787.5 Million
- “Musk recently asked for a 6-month pause on AI development. Meanwhile, concerns over AI accuracy and ability to manipulate arise.” Elon Musk Forms Start-Up Artificial Intelligence Company, X.AI
- “CBC is 69% government funded.” Video: Castreau-cescu Trudeau Accuses Elon Musk of “Attacking Independent Media Organizations”
- “Pensacola News Journal alleges Rebekah Jones stole articles for website attacking DeSantis.” USA Today Affiliate Sends Cease-and-Desist to DeSantis Critic Who Cribbed Articles for Fake News Site
- “A previous version of this newsletter had an inaccurate headline for the second story. Ralph Yarl, the Black Teen shot in Missouri, did not die. The newsletter has been corrected,” the correction read. WaPo Issues Correction Over Glaring Error About Teen Boy Shot in Kansas City
- “I wonder if Joe will call the parents of Kaylin Gillis, a 20-year-old white woman who was out with three friends on Saturday night in rural Washington County in upstate New York looking for a residence. She pulled into a driveway to turn around when 65-year-old Kevin D. Monahan came out of his house and fired two shots at the car, hitting Gillis.” (no, she was white – jjs) Two Similar Tragedies, Two Wildly Different Media Reactions
- Jeffrey Lord: “Trump is right.” Mediaite Still in Denial About 2020 Election
- “Don’t believe anything you read about the Sunshine State until you fact-check it yourself.”The Media’s War on Florida Heats Up
SHAMPEACHMENT 1.0, 2016 CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- A House Republican threw one curveball of a question at Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Chairman Gary Gensler, asking the Biden [junta] official on Tuesday to answer under oath whether he facilitated payment for British ex-spy Christopher Steele’s now-discredited anti-Trump dossier. Biden’s SEC Boss Confronted Over Steele Dossier Payment
BIDEN CRIME FAMILY REVELATIONS
- “The Biden family enterprise is centered on Joe Biden’s political career and connections, and it has generated an exorbitant amount of money for the Biden family.” House Republicans Expand Biden Family Investigation To ‘Six Additional’ Kin
- “The ruling class is solely responsible for Biden abetting the Communist Chinese in their determination to achieve global hegemony.” Biden’s Susceptibility to Blackmail has Unleashed Domestic and International Chaos
- “Greene is very self-assured as she relays this stunning news about Biden-family investments, but we really need more information.” If Marjorie Taylor Greene is Accurate, What She Says About Biden is Mind-Blowing
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, DEMOCRAT-LEFT WAR ON FOSSIL FUELS, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “They say flooded rice fields, which then naturally ferment hay and other plants, produce too much methane.” Climate Change Activists Now Going After Rice – A Staple That Feeds Billions
- “Gavin Newsom finally bowed to reality and persuaded California’s own regulators and the federal Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) to extend the life of Diablo beyond the planned shutdown when its current license expires in 2025. But there is a chance this sensible decision might not stick. The technical rules of the NRC and other environmental litigation may yet prolong the farce.” The Devil’s in the Diablo Details
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “McCarthy-aligned PAC finds half of swing voters oppose debt ceiling raise without spending cuts.” Biden’s Hardline Debt Ceiling Stance Unpopular in Swing Districts, Poll Finds
- “The unemployment rate in March ticked down to 3.5 percent, one of the lowest levels in records stretching back decades. The consumer price index (CPI) rose by just 0.1 percent, with the price of groceries flat compared with February and gasoline prices falling. Yet public approval of the Biden [junta’s] economic policies remains extremely low, and approval of the Big Guy himself keeps falling.” Breitbart Business Digest: Two-Thirds of Americans Say Their Wages Lag Behind Inflation
- “Minnesota Democrats have proposed taxes on package deliveries and rides from services such as Uber and Lyft to provide the state with additional revenue. . . Another tax floated by New York Democrats is a 4% sales tax on streaming services including Netflix, Hulu, HBO and Paramount+, potentially adding $100 million of revenue to the state’s Metropolitan Transit Authority. . .Democrats in Washington state are weighing tax increases on property sales by raising the state’s real estate excise tax.” Blue States Push for Tax Hikes on Deliveries, Rideshares and Streaming
- “Don’t be confused by fear into thinking that a lot of banks make the same mistakes as did SVB.” The Perfect Storm That Sank Silicon Valley Bank
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “The White House faces a child labor crisis of its own making.” Joe Biden’s Immigration Policy Comes Home To Roost
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “. . . Chicago Mayor-elect Brandon Johnson said in a statement Sunday that the teens should not be ‘demonized’ for their behavior.” Watch: Disturbing Video Shows Teen Mob Beating Helpless Woman in Chicago
- “A sane person who prefers living in a clean, safe, and prosperous city would see that news and say things are going in the wrong direction, and the people who are responsible for it need to be held accountable.” Chicago is Quickly Becoming the Disgusting Ghetto Mayor-Elect Brandon Johnson Wants It to Be
- “Oakland’s radical new prosecutor fits a now-familiar mold.” Price Is Not Right
- “Here’s another idea,” Greene wrote in a since-deleted tweet three years ago, “imagine if the money used to pay the salaries of police officers who endlessly patrol public housing buildings and harass residents can be used to fund plans that residents design to keep themselves safe.’ No More Money for the Police.” Biden HUD Nominee Backed Movement to Defund the Police
- “The best available evidence suggests that, in terms racial demographics, cops are arresting those who actually commit the crimes.” America Is a Land of Systemic Justice
- REI said its store in Portland “had its highest number of break-ins and thefts in two decades, despite actions to provide extra security,” according to an email the company sent to customers, obtained by Oregon Live. REI to Close Its Only Portland Store over Break-Ins, Theft
- Funny. The Bolshie Boobie doesn’t realize that militarized cops will be her first line of defense – and with her comrades offense – against enemies of the Deep State junta. Titty Caca AOC Slams Eric Adams Over Cop Raises, Sez NYC “Defunding Safety” in Favor of “Militarized” NYPD
AMERICA AND THE WORLD IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “Why has it taken so long? You knew that early on. You confirmed that in May of 2020, and you knew that within weeks that this thing came from a lab. In fact, I think you say that in your testimony. You say, ‘Lab leak is the only credible explanation. If this were a trial, the preponderance of the evidence is all on the side of the lab leak.’ You knew all that within weeks,” Jordan told former Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe. Rep. Jim Jordan Goes Off On Scientists Who ‘Called Us Names’ Over Lab Leak
- “The report’s findings, released on Monday by Sen. Roger Marshall (R-KS), add credence to the Wuhan lab leak theory vociferously rejected by Beijing but favored by some elements of the U.S. intelligence community and others.” Senate Report Finds Biosafety ‘Failures’ Augment Chinese Lab Leak Theory
- Dettelbach told Republican Texas Rep. Jake Ellzey that he had expressed support for passing an assault weapons ban in Ohio during his unsuccessful 2018 campaign to become the state’s attorney general, noting that the Biden administration endorses instituting “an assault weapons ban.” Ellzey asked Dettelbach to define an “assault weapon” in 15 seconds. “Not a Firearms Expert”: Biden’s ATF Chief Admits He Can’t Define What an “Assault Weapon” Is
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- Cardona said that the definition of a woman was “secondary” to his role as secretary of Education, when asked for a definition the second time. ‘My Question is Very Simple’: Biden Education Secretary Refuses to Define What a Woman Is
- “Stop sending your child and your money to American universities.” Systemic Naifism
- “Why does the Democrat Party remain unstinting in its support for educrats despite years of lockdown failures and ongoing controversies?” Democrats’ Defense of the Education Establishment Puts Them at Odds With Their Constituents
- “It is even more important to recognize how deeply embedded in this university this Marxist and racist agenda is.” Modern bigotry in Canada: Simon Fraser University declares math “racist”
- David Harsanyi: “Making the moral case for protecting viable life isn’t particularly difficult — certainly not when contrasted with the left’s extremism.” Republicans Need To Stop Being Cowards On Abortion
- “New book glorifies 19th-century abortionist as saintly defender of reproductive rights.”Revising the History of Abortion: The Wicked Life of Madame Restell
THE 2020 AND 2022ELECTION HEISTS & AFTERMATH
- “. . . the mere act of filing a FOIA request over an election can now be defined as harassment. So, question an election? Want to be a poll watcher? Better call your lawyer first.” Monitoring an Election Could Get You Into Trouble
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- There’s no cause for alarm. After, all said Kaine, the government does this all the time: “We’ve done the same thing for years working in tandem with mosques because there have been groups that have tried to target or radicalize, especially young people.” So why didn’t the FBI reach out? Every diocese and every parish in the nation has an office with phone and internet service. It should be child’s play for the DOJ to contact the dioceses to inform them of a potential threat. Instead, a memo was drafted essentially labeling traditional Catholics as potential threats. Kaine doesn’t believe his weak sauce any more than you or I do. Tim Kaine Runs Cover for Feds Spying on Catholics
- “Oregon’s policy amounts to an ideological litmus test.” Christian Oregon Mom Fights Back After Being Prevented from Adopting Chide Due to Her Beliefs
- “The added hypocrisy here is particularly jarring: Jeffries recently falsely accused Republicans of not wanting to teach children about the Holocaust, but he’s been exposed as defending antisemites who have said Hitler was a ‘great man’ and called Judaism a ‘dirty religion.'” RJC Demands Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries Explain His Defense of Anti-Semites Leonard Jeffries, Louis Farrakhan
- That’s because most Democrats look back and remember the Holocaust with fondness and longing. Biden Justice Department’s Holocaust Remembrance Day Speaker Has an Affinity for Anti-Semites
DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- Special Counsel Henry J. Kerner said in a letter to [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Joe Biden that Becerra spoke “in his official capacity” at an awards gala in September of 2022, breaking the law. Biden’s HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra Violated the Hatch Act, Office of Special Counsel Says
- “. . . they must now become the new America First party of the working class; lays out plan for nationwide Republican ballot harvesting operation.” Trump Tells Top RNC Donors the Old GOP is Not Coming Back
- “If the Dems are to be rid of the Kamala albatross, they need a female and a black to replace her. In fact, a black who could claim descent from American slaves would be even better than Harris’s raised-in-Canada, half Asian demographic cred with the all-important African American voting bloc.” Will the Dems Dump Kamala for Susan Rice?
- “If Democrats press the issue, replacing Feinstein on the Judiciary Committee could lead to a vote that would require the support of 60 members in the narrowly-divided Senate. At least 10 Republicans need to join with Democrats and independents, but already prospects appear grim. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) said on Tuesday that GOP senators “will not take part in sidelining a temporary absent colleague off a committee just so Democrats can force through their very worst nominees.” Senate GOP Blocks Dem Bid To Replace Feinstein On Judiciary
- Robert Spencer: “Mitch was just coming of age in the early Sixties, when Eisenhower had completed two successful terms as president while repeatedly making it clear that he had no intention of rolling back the welfare state the Democrats had started constructing during the New Deal era.” Like a Cold You Just Can’t Shake: Mitch McConnell Returns to Capitol Hill
- “It’s unclear how the demands of being a legislator will affect Fetterman’s mental health in the future. His struggle to adjust to his role in the Senate, due to the impairments caused by his stroke almost a year ago, is what exacerbated his depression in the first place. . . Now that he’s back, we have to listen to phony praise of how heroic he is, but it’s all an attempt to shame us from asking tough questions about his ability to serve.” Lumpy Fetterman Returns to the Senate – Dressed Like a Slob
- “His feeble mind screams for ice cream.” WATCH: Why Does Sleepy Joe Biden Always Wander Off Like a Nursing Home Patient on the Loose?
- “Mike Pompeo will not be running for president in 2024. Others are not so canny.” Mike Pompeo Knows What Time It Is
- “After months of speculation, former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced on Friday that he will not seek the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.” Republican Voters Don’t Have An Appetite For Neoconservatism, And Mike Pompeo’s Failed Presidential Aspirations Proves It
- No shot in hell. I’d vote for George Santos before ever even considering this turd. Pence on 2024 Campaign Decision: ‘We’re Getting Closer,’ ‘Weeks Not Months’ from a ‘Clearer Idea’
- “Whatever their faults, both these men were (and are) the right man for the needs of the time.” Washington and Trump, The Indispensable Men
THE UKRAINIAN “FRONT”
- “The highly-classified document not only reviews use of effective Russian countermeasures to make the smart bombs ineffective, but also says that in some cases technical problems are resulting in failure to detonate.” Leaked Document Shows American Smart Bombs Are Failing In Ukraine
- “Evan is a member of the free press who right up until he was arrested was engaged in news-gathering.” WSJ Reporter Evan Gershkovich Seen for First Time Since Being Arrested in Russia on Espionage Charges, Judge Upholds Detention
- Authorities wish to reduce the risk of Russian “ushering thousands of asylum-seekers – mostly from Iraq, Afghanistan, and other Middle East nations,” as Russia did between 2015-16. However, the numbers of those crossing the border have been consistently low in comparison to what the United States faces. Suddenly, Walls Work! Finland Begins 124-Mile Erection on Russia Border (phrasing! – jjs)
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “Instead of thanking Bukele and his government, the White House slapped sanctions on members of the El Salvadoran government, accusing it of corruption. Both the [junta] and some conservatives have called Bukele a tyrant. And while it’s true that Bukele isn’t exactly a conservative, what he’s done to curb gang activity in his nation is laudable. The Biden [junta’s] reaction to it is telling as well.” El Salvador Cracked Down on Gang Activity and Crime, so How Did the Biden Junta Respond?
- Financial Times UK : “China’s $1 Trillion Belt and Road Initiative infrastructure finance programme has been hit by spiralling bad loans.” China Spends Billions Bailing Out Countries Caught in ‘Belt and Road’ Debt Trap
- “No nation can be trusted farther than it is bound by its interests.” Has the NATO Turning Point Stopped Turning?
- “French President Emmanuel Macron recently seemed to play into China’s hands by exhibiting the ‘strategic autonomy’ from U.S. leadership that Beijing has long called on Europeans to do.” Macron Bows to China
- “AMLO’s fight with Raymundo Ramos shows how human rights activists collude with the cartels in their reign of terror.” Meet a Disinformation Agent for a Mexican Cartel
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “Lu Jianwang, whom the FBI arrested Monday for conspiring to act as an agent of the People’s Republic of China (PRC), is pictured with New York City Mayor Eric Adams and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, and even attended an apparent fundraiser for New York Democratic Rep. Grace Meng, according to multiple Chinese-language news reports and photographic evidence. Lu allegedly operated an overseas police station on behalf of the Chinese government.” Alleged Chinese Operative Arrested By FBI For Opening ‘Secret Police Stations’ Attended Ritzy Dem Events
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE COURTS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE
- The building, which dates to the 1950s and is in the financial district of Lower Manhattan just blocks away from Wall Street, collapsed “pancaked collapsed all the way to the cellar floor” a little after 4 pm on Tuesday afternoon. Several people were injured including four who required hospitalization, and one person was killed in the collapse. Pictures: New York City Parking Garage Collapse, One Killed, Several Injured
- “We have had to implement a ground stop as a result of intermittent issues that were experienced, and we should hopefully be resuming our operation as soon as possible,” Southwest Airlines tweeted. Southwest Airlines Briefly Grounds All Flights Due To ‘Internal Technical Issue’
- Lloyd Billingsley: “In the Golden State, government gets progressively bigger, more corrupt, and less accountable to the people.” ‘Make America California’ Is a Bad Idea
- “California’s failing rail project is a metaphor for a state that has turned its back on the ordinary, hardworking people who live there.” The Bullet Train Epitomizes Golden State Corruption
- “The state legislature is considering various land-use laws to tamp down rising home prices.”Housing Reforms Will Determine Texas’ Future
- “Oregon is ranked number one in the country for drug problems. Once again, the state can’t change the heart of a person who needs help. You need sober, ethical people for that. Those people seem to be in short supply at the Multnomah County Behavioral Health Resource Center.” How Bad Is Portland’s Drug Problem? So Bad That It Closed a County Drug Center.
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “Maybe the most interesting aspect of this project however is how it is funded. This is old-fashioned R&D (research & development), funded not by the government but by Lockheed Martin as part of a a suite of related in-space servicing projects. Before the arrival of the military-industrial complex post World War II, such work was always paid for in house by the private sector. This commercial R&D was often given great freedom to experiment, in the hope that it would result in new products producing profits.” Lockheed Martin tests in-orbit cubesat rendezvous
- “That fine coat of dust on the panel and the rotors tells us that even flight and fast-rotating motion is not enough to keep such things clean on Mars. Thus we learn that there is likely no quick solution to the accumulation of dust on solar panels on Mars.” Ingenuity in close-up after two years on Mars
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “The news comes as major corporations and governments around the world seem to support the sexualization of children, and in many cases even threaten to remove them from their parents if their agenda is not allowed to be freely taught in schools.” The United Nations Says Minors Can Consent to Sex, and Anti-Trans Activism Should Be CRIMINALIZED
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “Mark Hamill, who plays a Jedi Knight in the movies and apparently thinks he is one in real life, beclowned himself on Twitter recently. He was chatting up a group of Ukrainian soldiers, without the slightest clue that one of the groups in question had a Nazi flag in the background. Smooth.” Did Mark Hamill Hang With Nazis on Twitter?
- Daniel Greenfield: “What happens when American companies stop being American.” How Bush’s Globalism Gave Us a Transgender Bud Lite
- Brendan Whitworth – a former CIA officer who is curiously now the head of the beer company – issued a statement in which he said that he “never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people… we are in the business of bringing people together over a beer.” Sadly for Mr Whitworth and Bud Light, it seems the only thing that has united Americans is the support of the Bud Light boycott. And this attitude, as demonstrated by Rasmussen’s survey, is not going away quickly. DATA: 54% of Americans Back Bud Light Boycott, Including Nearly 1 in 3 Democrats
- “Florida continues to put Disney on notice that the state will not bow to the far left and its corporate allies. In other words, this fight is far from over.” Disney May Soon Wish It Hadn’t Messed With Florida
- Christian Toto: “Industry veteran praises Tom Cruise as the exception to new Hollywood rule.” Hollywood Insider Says Quiet Part Out Loud
- “Attacks against those who hold the line for orthodox faith should come as no surprise,” First Things Editor R.R. Reno wrote in a letter on Monday. First Things Offers Masterclass In Showing No Quarter To Cancellation Attempts
- “Where dissent is not tolerated.” Wokeism: A Religious Cult
HITHER & YON
- “The comedic Cary Grant shines in Bringing Up Baby.” The Manliness of Screwball Comedy
FINALLY . . .
- “Today is Holocaust and Heroism Remembrance Day.” Into Eternity: Reb Nokhem Yanishker and the Holocaust in Kaunas
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.