Good morning, kids. Well, it’s official; RFK Jr. has thrown his hat into the ring for the Democrat Party nomination. Let’s get this out of the way now before I go any further. I am in no way, shape or form endorsing him. Aside from his party affiliation which by itself is an instantaneous disqualifier, he has a lot of baggage, including a past bro-mance with, of all people, the Castros of Cuba which I touched upon in a previous column. That said, I was rightly chastised for omitting the fact that he is a radical environmentalist hell bent on eliminating fossil fuels. Here’s his complete rap sheet at the invaluable Discover the Networks, which if you have not bookmarked as the bluebook to know your enemy, you should.
Now with that out of the way – and please do not construe that to mean I want you to forget or ignore it, because I do not – let me say that ironically enough, it is his candidacy that excites me even more than Trump or DeSantis. Again, not because I am endorsing him but because of the ire and the fire he will draw from the junta, their propaganda house organs and potentially the Deep State. That would be the same Deep State whose predecessors I have now come to believe had a hand in the assassination of his uncle and quite possibly his father. To paraphrase Robert Frost, “The rot is ugly, dark and deep . . . ” But I digess.
Whether his historic blind animosity towards Big Pharma accidentally made hime a righteous crusader against it in its drive to inject everyone with the Chinese COVID concoction, or he, like we, smelled a rotten pangolin from the get go is irrelevant. He, along with Naomi Wolf, have been virtually the only voices from the Left, and sadly the Right, sounding the alarm over the past three years. Along with that, he has also correctly, or Wilton Parmenter-like done the same with the bank bailouts:
“I think that the general theme of my speech was this corrupt merger of state and corporate power which has gotten – which is turning our country into corporate kleptocracy, into a system of socialism for the rich and a cushy socialism for the rich and this kind of brutal, merciless capitalism for the poor,” Kennedy told Fox News host Tucker Carlson, a co-founder of the Daily Caller and Daily Caller News Foundation. “It keeps us in a state of war and bails out banks at the same time.”
. . . “Last month, United States government told 30 million people it was cutting their welfare checks, their food stamp checks by 90%,” Kennedy said. “It took 15 million people off of Medicare. The same month, it gave $300 million to the Silicon Valley Bank and tapped up the cost of the Ukraine war to $113 billion.”
. . . “We’ve printed ten centuries of money in the last 14 years, and that caused the inflation which raises food [prices], which is a tax on the poor. You know, we’ve raised food prices for basic foods like chicken, dairy and milk by 76% in the last two years and now we’re cutting people’s food stamps and bailing out banks the same month?” Kennedy asked. “It’s odd. It doesn’t make any sense.”
. . . “My mission over the next 18 months of this campaign and throughout my presidency will be to end the corrupt merger of state and corporate power that is threatening now to impose a new kind of corporate feudalism in our country,” Kennedy said during his announcement.
Yes, there are a few things in there that make me cringe like his defense of welfare, food stamps and Medicare, but he gets it right on the SVB bailout, the debauchery of the currency as well as Ukraine. Look, if we are to be honest with each other, much of that crosses party lines and sadly, previous administrations. Plus, whether he realizes it or not, as the emphasis on that last sentence shows, he just defined fascism, or crony socialism. In fact, his verbiage is almost Trumpian.
The other thing that is almost if not more important than what he said is where he said it. Tucker Carlson is about as big an object of hatred on the Left as Donald Trump and yet RFK Jr. eagerly sat down with him. You could for sure call it a political calculus to try and get a second look from an audience that would in years past never vote for him in a billion years. Perhaps after hearing him they’d never vote for him in a thousand years. More crucially, it shows someone who is for sure liberal if not leftist willing to not only sit down with someone on the other side but someone who does not regard the other side as a cancer to be eradicated.
Psaki-psircling back to Naomi Wolf, here is a woman who was as close to radical feminist and leftist as you can get and the past three years has seen here give a public mea culpa about her erstwhile allies. Will she change say on abortion? Will RFK Jr change on fossil fuels? Probably not. But that they are willing to debate the other side and confront their beliefs is what has been missing now going back decades, perhaps as far back as the nomination of Clarence Thomas. Ironically enough, it was Uncle Ted along with Sponge-Brain Shits-Pants who led the attempted high-tech lynching back then, and the rope has been brought out from the Left’s reliquary in the hopes of getting it around his neck one more time.
All of this being equal, I think we have gone well past the point of elections having any consequences at all, even if we are able to beat the cheat and seat Republicans. For starters, look at what Mitch McChi-Com has done: push to continue the funding of the DOJ, a de facto Democrat Gestapo that is persecuting everyone from parents all the way up to a former President
Or Lisa Murkowski and Susan Collins who just helped the junta by torpedoing the attempt to halt the VA from funding abortions
All things being equal, look at their words and deeds TODAY, as we stare into the abyss of a new dark age and those of RFK Jr.
The question is not whether RFK Jr. or reasonable folks like him will change their spots on issues with which we disagree. Likely not. The question is, are they willing to sit down with you to discuss them and given the scales that have already fallen from their eyes to one extent or another can they perhaps be persuaded to change? I’d cite Milton Friedman’s quote of making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing, but as I stated, we’re beyond politics, at least in the traditional, business-as-usual sense of elections.
What we need is a great awakening before it is too late, if it isn’t too late. And if it is, we still need that awakening to fend off the existential threat and even begin to dare hope of an American revival. To that, I cheer on RFK Jr. At least for now. Hopefully he doesn’t devolve into a Bernie Bro which is a possibility that can’t be ignored. But going on TuCa’s show is a good sign.
If he does gain any traction, he’ll have a target on his back from the DOJ, if he doesn’t have one on it already.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- Perhaps surprisingly, on the same question, Rasmussen discovered a majority of Democrat voters, 59 percent, believe it was either “very likely” or “somewhat likely” that “undercover government agents helped provoke” the incident. Most Americans Now Suspect Federal Agents Provoked Jan 6th, Says Poll Data
- “Felons are the Democrats’ newest constituency in the subversive crusade for social justice.”The Left Mines for Votes in America’s Prisons
- Lloyd Billingsley: ” . . . And will strike again if Congress fails to take down Faucism” The AIDS Empire Strikes Back
- Daniel Greenfield: “Sorry, wrong race. Try losing the love of your life while being black next time.” Biden Shows ‘White Lives Don’t Matter’
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- “Legislators Justin Jones (D) and Justin Pearson (D) were expelled earlier in March for taking over the democratic debate in collusion with gun protesters who invaded the Tennessee Capitol. Gloria Johnson (D), a third representative, narrowly survived an expulsion vote. Both Jones and Pearson were restored to their positions by their respective municipalities.”White House to Honor Three Democrats Who Committed Insurrection in Tennessee
- “Jean-Pierre’s tone and the look on her face make me assume that she couldn’t believe Doocy asked about the victims of the Nashville school shooting.” Karine Jean-Pierre Stumbles When Asked if Biden Will Invite the Nashville School Shooting Victims and Their Families
- “. . . I suspect that there is far too much money and far too many egos, reputations, deals, and political ambitions involved to allow the information in the shooter’s writings to be published. And so the sin will remain unexpiated.” What are They Hiding About the Nashville Shooter’s Manifesto? Glenn Greenwald (and Others) Want To Know
- Margaret Sanger and LBJ just called from hell to say “ROFLMAO!!!” TikToker Goes on Racist Rant, Says She Hopes White People Become the Minority
- “Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell called on Congress to beef up federal law enforcement after Trump’s arraignment.” After FBI Raids Republicans’ Last President, Mitch McConnell Wants To Increase DOJ Funding
- “It’s time for a greater American opt-out.” (in Soviet Amerika, government opt you out!, but if you take meaning of the second “out” in the title as “gone” as opposed to the direction, then that is more accurate IMHO – jjs) This Time, the Only Way Out is Out
- “It’s not your grandfather’s Democrat Party.” (now look at the C-suites, the pulpits and most crucially the schools and tell me how we are going to turn this thing around and prevent a future that will make even 2023 seem like the good old days – jjs) The Eyes of Totalitarianism
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- Margot Cleveland: “The biggest concern is what GEC paid Park Advisors to do: fund and coordinate the censorship of Americans’ speech and our supposedly free press.” Meet the Shadowy Group That Ran the Federal Government’s Censorship Scheme
- Boreing called out tech giants YouTube, Facebook, and TikTok for “capricious” fact-checks, demonetizations, and bans against the Daily Wire hosts. He also revealed that software companies HubSpot and JW Player have abruptly canceled service with his company from their platforms, as event management site Eventbrite did previously. Boreing’s thread also comes after Walsh’s Twitter and email accounts were hacked Tuesday night. Daily Wire Co-CEO Reveals Secret Cancel Blitz Against Matt Walsh, Brett Cooper, Michael Knowles
- “Journalists are transitioning from speech to censorship.” Elon Musk No Longer Bans ‘Deadnaming’ on Twitter, and the Media Is Angry
- “Whether corporate media like it or not, conservative messaging on education resonates with voters and has done so for years.” Politico Pretends Culture War Doesn’t Win School Board Races, But Dozens of Pro-Parent Candidates Just Prevailed
- “NBC News is remaining silent following revelations that network host Mehdi Hasan previously plagiarized another outlet’s published works early in his career.” After Spreading Conspiracy Theories and Denying Biology, Comcast Protects Plagiarizing MSNBC Host
- In other past posts, Qiblawi has suggested that the Israel Defense Forces committed genocide and called Starbucks an “openly zionist corporation.” She also “liked” a post that referred to Israelis as “racist criminals and liars,” according to Honest Reporting. CNN Middle East Producer ‘Agreed To Delete’ Anti-Israel Posts After Watchdog Report
BIDEN CRIME FAMILY REVELATIONS
- The whistleblower — an IRS supervisor — alleges that he has overseen an “ongoing and sensitive investigation of a high-profile, controversial subject since early 2020,” which people familiar with the matter say is the ongoing investigation into Hunter Biden’s alleged failure to pay taxes and making false statements on a federal firearms application, according to the WSJ. IRS Whistleblower Alleges ‘Conflicts of Interest’ In Biden DOJ’s Investigation of Hunter
- Miranda Devine: “All the disappointed media operatives huddled at Wilmington’s Superior Court, like [Michelle] Goldberg and CNN’s crestfallen Oliver Darcy, could make themselves useful in the president’s hometown. They could investigate a story that is bigger than Watergate but which they have shamefully avoided or downplayed for almost three years: Biden family corruption and the associated coverup, including by the FBI and Big Tech.” The Left Ignores the Real Biden Delaware Drama to Satisfy Their Base
- “Visits show TikTok’s extensive clout inside the Biden [junta].” TikTok Lobbyists Visited White House at Least 40 Times in Past Year
SHAMPEACHMENT 1.0, 2016 CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- “A judge rejected a major element of Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s lawsuit against House Judiciary Committee Chair Jim Jordan Wednesday, setting the stage for former Special former Assistant District Attorney Mark Pomerantz to be deposed over Bragg’s investigation into former President Donald Trump.” Jim Jordan Scores Big Blow Against Alvin Bragg’s Lawsuit
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, DEMOCRAT-LEFT WAR ON FOSSIL FUELS, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “Biden pressed to take federal action after appeals court strikes down California city’s gas stove ban.” Court Decision Puts Pressure on Biden to Reignite Gas Stove War
- “A warmer planet is a greener planet.” Don’t Cede a Thing to the ‘Climate’ Scaremongers
- “Just Stop Oil strikes again.” Oh Look, Another Posh Twat
- “. . . the ‘Follow the Science’ crowd is always the first to change course when they don’t like where the science leads.” Another Blow to the Climate Models
- Plenty of lebensraum now! Germany Shuts Down Final Nuclear Power Plant, Causing Power Bills to Rise by 45 Percent
- Karol Markowicz: “Well, yes, all of us want to ‘do something’ as long as we don’t actually have to do anything. Her plea for the government to just pay for it is further proof leftists don’t understand how anything works. The government paying for it is … you paying for it.”The Awakening of Ana Kasparian — When the Left Meets Reality
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “’Debauch the currency to overturn the basis of society.’ The destruction of currency was the main component of the Bolshevik strategy.” Both American Political Parties Have Adopted Lenin’s Strategy for the Destruction of Capitalism
- “The report said expectations for future growth were mostly unchanged from the prior report which showed businesses did not expect improvement in the months ahead. Two districts, however, saw outlooks deteriorate.” U.S. Economic Growth Stalls Amid Lending Decline, Fed Report Says
- “Americans may still have time to reverse course if they learn from the mistakes the French have made on unfunded retirement programs.” What France’s Pension Protests Mean For Americans
- “A labor union’s appeal may lead the California Supreme Court to establish legal precedent for the future of independent work nationwide.” As Prop 22 Prevails, Gig Workers Escape Big Labor’s Boot — For Now
- “The Senate should take a long look at Julie Su’s record in California before confirming her as U.S. Labor secretary.” No Friend of Workers
- “Socialism for the rich.” Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Rips Democratic Party Over Bank Bailouts
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “Grandmother and granddaughter Maria and Emilia Tambunga were killed after they were hit by a human smuggler attempting to transport illegal migrants while driving in a Texas border town, according to San Angelo Live. Pfluger asked Mayorkas to turn to the victims’ family members that were in the hearing room and apologize to them.” GOP Rep Forces Mayorkas To Confront Family Who Lost Loved Ones After Smuggler Crashed Into Them
- “Sadly, after the rapist was identified, the media dropped the plight of the ten-year-old almost completely. Only Telemundo, PJ Media, and Townhall have continued to follow the story. Every other network, after deciding that the story could not be used to bash conservatives and instead threw a spotlight onto illegal immigrants who commit heinous crimes against children, lost interest and never reported on Fuentes or the victim again.”Trial of Ohio Child Rapist Gerson Fuentes Delayed Again
- “House Republicans savage Biden’s embattled DHS secretary.” Congressman to Mayorkas: ‘You Have Brought Generational Trauma Upon Our Country’
- 82 that they know of, or are willing to cop to. CBP: 82 Individuals on Terror Watchlist Caught Crossing U.S.-Mexico Border So Far in FY2023
- “The Biden [junta] has taken the relatively stable border it received from its predecessor and turned it into a killing field.” Elites’ ‘Compassion’ at the Border Leads to Enslavement and Death
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “We are seeing civilization break down in front of our eyes. It’s a willed and voluntary break down, and it will continue and worsen until we stand up against the phony charge of racism, whether directed at the police, at medicine, or the arts, and start defending America’s civilizational inheritance.” Heather Mac Donald On Mass Acts Of Lawlessness: This Is What Happens When Leftists Call Police ‘Racist’
- “It passed the House 229-189. Fourteen Democrats voted with Republicans in passing the legislation.” House Passes Legislation To Block DC’s Anti-Cop Law
- Mayor-elect Brandon Johnson issued a statement pleading with the media (and Republicans) not to “demonize” these young people who have been been “starved of opportunities in their own communities.” What hope is there for a city led by someone like that? Illinois State Senator Says Flash Mob in Chicago Last Weekend Was a ‘Mass Protest’ and a ‘Political Act’
- “The safety of our employees, members and customers is always our number one priority. In recent years, Portland has been dealing with increased crime in our neighborhood and beyond,” REI wrote in an email to customers. Wave of Store Closings in Dem-Run Cities Continues as More Businesses Decide It’s Not Worth It
AMERICA AND THE WORLD IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “Surveillance is the backbone of dictatorial regimes, and it was no different during the pandemic.” Pandemic and Panopticon: The Rise of the Biomedical Security State
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- EPP files complaint with Missouri Attorney General Andrew Bailey: “We urge the attorney general to force MSU to make it right, to stop such conduct in the future, and to provide remedies for those excluded for being white males.” Missouri State U ‘Business Boot Camp’ That Excluded White Males Challenged By Equal Protection Project
- “Princeton’s diversity bureaucracy functions as an ideological surveillance system.” How Academic Freedom Died at Princeton
- “Over the past few years, parents have been beyond outraged that their kids are being taught garbage that completely contradicts their values and beliefs. And as if that’s not bad enough, these institutions have the audacity to deceive parents by lying about what their children are being taught and how it’s being presented. It’s a complete and utter disgrace. If this can happen in a conservative state like Indiana, it can happen anywhere.”Undercover Video Reveals Indiana Schools Hiding Critical Race Theory Curriculum From Parents
- Christian Toto: “CCSU hands down ‘sanctions’ for students suppressing free speech on campus.” Candace Owens’ Greatest Lie Censored – with No Repercussions?
- Murkowski and Collins? That’s not “bungling.” It’s sabotage. Senate Republicans Bungle Opportunity To Curb Democrats’ Radical Abortion Agenda
- Robert Spencer: “But he will not get one from the media. The Leftist establishment will never line up behind someone who points out just how ghastly and wrongheaded the COVID hysteria was. They’ll be doing everything they can to make Robert Kennedy sound like some nut, a deep disappointment to his embarrassed and wounded family. But politics is full of surprises. Maybe RFK will be able to start a few much-needed national conversations. Vaccines and fascism would be two good topics to begin with.” (too bad he is greener than the bastard child of Greta Thunberg and Kermit – jjs) RFK Officially Announces Presidential Run, Vows to End ‘Corrupt Merger of State and Corporate Power’
- Is the country separating itself into two distinct camps? County-level census data provides revealing insights.” The Great Divorce? 2.6 Million Fled Counties That Voted For Biden
- Suffolk County Political Research Center Director David Peleologos told USA Today that “[RFK Jr.], although a long shot at this point, starts in double digits and can’t be ignored.” Another five percent of Biden voters back Marianne Williamson, who in March became the first Democrat to enter the fray. She told Breitbart News over the weekend that Biden, who has not yet formally announced a reelection bid, “hasn’t done enough” for working-class Americans. Poll: 32% of Biden Voters Back Another Democrat or Undecided in Primary
- Victor Davis Hanson: “The new majority of radical Democrats allows the old fogies to bask in the limelight until they drop because these codgers mask their revolutionary intentions.”The Useful Veneer of the Aging Democrat
- Greene was asked to retract her words about Swalwell and denied the request. GOP Tennessee Rep. Mark Green, the committee chair, then refused to strike her taunt from the record, and committee Republicans thwarted Democrats’ subsequent request to appeal the ruling. Prior to Greene’s remarks, Swalwell was questioning Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas about a rise in antisemitic [sic]. Marjorie Taylor Greene Roasts Eric “Fang-Fang-Bang-Bang” Swalwell to His Face for Alleged ‘Sexual Relationship’ with Suspected Chinese Spy
- “Fetterman chaired a hearing held Tuesday by the Subcommittee on Food, Nutrition, Speciality Crops, Organics and Research within the Senate Agriculture Committee. He struggled with reading through his prepared opening statement to kick off the hearing.”Lumpy Fetterman Bumbles His Way Through Opening Statement At First Hearing Since Senate Return
- Robert Spencer: “What appears to be going on here is that Hillary is signaling that she can be a viable replacement for Biden if he finally gives up the pretense and retires to his taxpayer-funded, walled Delaware beach house. Will we see “I’m With Her One More Time” in 2024? Stranger things have happened. Move over, Kamala Harris! The original Cackler may be on her way to a startling comeback.” Is Hillary Running? She Just Dropped a Big Hint About 2024
- “Everything else in politics is stupid, so naturally so is the GOP pre-primary squabbling.”That Irritating Trump–DeSantis Thing
- “With the addition of Hunter as the fourth stooge.” Joe Biden’s Three Stooges
THE UKRAINIAN “FRONT”
- “Ukraine is causing a food crisis, just not the kind some expected.” Pain and Grain in Central Europe
- “Kyiv’s relations with Israel since Russia invaded Ukraine last year have been testy at times.”Kyiv Planned to Name Street After Ukrainian Nazi Collaborator Until Israeli Ambassador Intervened
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “While serving as the ambassador to Ghana, Sullivan had the pride flag displayed over the U.S. embassy, called for a Pride Month celebration for Ghanaians and condemned efforts by the Ghanaian government to regulate gender ideology.” Senate Democrats to Force Vote on Diplomat Pushing LGBTQ-Ideology In Africa
- “At a bare minimum, dressing appropriately, showing up on time, and not breaking wind in front of the monarch do not seem like not too much to ask.” The Coronation and “Dr.” Jill
- “Obama was right when he stated that we should never ‘underestimate Joe’s ability to fuck things up.'” Biden Drives Even Israel into China’s Arms
- “. . . all I can say to the good folks in charge of Taiwan Semi: Good job looking this gift horse in the mouth. But as much as we need your technology built on our shores, my advice to you would be to take a pass.” Biden’s CHIPS Act and Taiwan Semi: What If They Gave Away $53 Billion, but Nobody Wanted It?
- They’re about 50-60 years too late. Poll: 64% of French Citizenry Demand Stop to Non-European Immigration
- “What kind of a people will the Americans choose to be?” Filling Out the China Grid
- “Tyrants in a panic.” Iran’s Mullahs Use Ramadan to Crush Dissent
- “Mayor Ross and Commission shoulder blame for Nur-Ul-Islam’s continued fanaticism.”Cooper City Mosque Receiving Expansion, Minarets Hands Check to Terror-Linked Group
- “The Dalai Lama isn’t the only major religious leader in the tongue-sucking business.” If the Dalai Lama Goes Down in Flames, What Should Happen to Muhammad?
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE COURTS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE
- Commercial pilots were encouraged by their employers to retire as worldwide lockdowns and public health mandates caused demand for air travel to plummet in the spring of 2020, worsening a previous trend toward a lack of available pilots. Elevated prices for airline tickets and a rapid return in travel demand are now prompting lawmakers to consider the problem. A ‘Tsunami’ Of Commercial Pilot Retirements Is Coming, Experts Warn Congress
HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE
- “It’s tempting to shrug off the annoying pronoun questions from your doctor because they’re not hurting you. That’s where you’d be wrong.” Your Doctor Asking for Your Pronouns Isn’t Just Annoying, It’s a Sign of the Industry’s Decline
- “It’s time the agency addressed its well-documented shortcomings.” (it’s time the agency was abolished – jjs) The FDA Needs Bold Reforms Instead of Kicking the Can Down the Road
- “A new book considers speculative treatments to extend human longevity.” (who the hell wants to live longer in the world the way it is now and where it’s headed? – jjs) Fight Aging with Drugs?
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “The next few pictures give us a glimpse at the options people have for viewing future Boca Chica launches. An Ordinary Person’s View of the Starship/Superheavy Countdown
- “I predict Congress will fund everything, by simply printing more money as it nonchalantly continues to grow the national debt to levels unsustainable. Meanwhile, replacing the present very complex return concept — involving a lander, helicopters, an ascent rocket, and a return capsule (from Europe) — with a much cheaper and simpler option that is now on the horizon, Starship, does not seem to have occurred to any of the these government wonks.” NASA’s Mars Sample Return Project Now Over Budget
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “Medical professionals appear to admit to treating children as young as eight years old for gender confusion they claim is transgenderism, recommending life-altering puberty blockers for a 10-year-old, and cross-sex hormones for minors as young as 14.” Project Veritas Releases ‘Disturbing’ Undercover Footage From Gender Clinics Advising 10-Year-Old
- “If it can go on in Westerly, RI, it can go on anywhere, including your hometown. Be vigilant. Ask questions. Demand answers. Hold people accountable. Your safety, as well as that of your kids and grandkids, are at stake.” Boys In the Girls Room – Think it Can’t Happen at Your Hometown YMCA? Think Again
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “The bottom line of all of this is that Disney broke the law by having the RCID board pass these agreements — and internal emails that the CFTOD attorneys received proved that Disney was in on the whole thing.” A ‘Caper Worthy of Scrooge McDuck’: Behind Disney’s Reedy Creek Maneuvers
- “His honesty about owning a gun is unlikely to go down well with many of his contemporaries in Hollywood and the media, and may be seen as hypocritical given his propensity to back new laws while happily owning a gun under current legislation, especially if that weapon is owned in California.” Quentin Tarantino Says He Has a Gun “For Protection,” But That “There Should Be Better Laws.” Whatever That Means.
- “The brainless absurdity of this can hardly be measured. In every single case, these sports nicknames were chosen to honor the indomitable courage and fighting ability of American Indians. Schools wanted their sports teams to exhibit similar traits when playing their opponents. None of the names were meant to denigrate anyone.” Today’s Blacklisted Americans: NY Bans Whites from Honoring Indians in school Nicknames
- “This trend robs some very common words of all meaning – leaving us with no way to express the very basic concepts of singular and plural.” The War on Pronouns is Really a War on Language
- “Ivan Provorov’s stand rocks the NHL’s commissioner.” An NHL Hockey Player vs. the Rainbow Mob
HITHER & YON
- One does not have to be an ascetic millenarian seer recording his visions in order to intuit that we inhabit a decisive historic moment full of portents. As Hamlet said, “O God, I could be bounded in a nut shell and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.” The Age of Insomnia
- “We have a new battle for liberty in our own times, not perhaps with guns, but a war nonetheless.” The Shot Heard Round the World: The American Revolution Began This Day in 1775
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.