Good morning, kids. And so, it’s July the 4th. While there are things happening that give me a little bit of hope, there is no denying that the situation is still very much in doubt. Or perhaps I should change the sentence to “While there is no denying that the situation is still very much in doubt, there are things happening that give me a little bit of hope.”
The existence of a masked gang of young men tying up rioters in one town is discussed in French language publications, but the mayor insists no such thing exists and tells locals to call the police if they witness unrest.
Witness accounts of a so-called “brigade anticasseur” (anti-thug brigade) in the port town of Lorlent, Brittany are reported by local newspaper Le Télégramme. In addition to what is reported by members of the public to the paper, a journalist for the publication claims to have seen a group of between 20 and 30 “young, hooded men” wearing balaclavas and gloves performing unofficial arrests.
Using zip-ties to restrain alleged rioters, the men are said to have then handed their captures onto the regular police on Friday night as well as having been seen putting out fires. Described as strongly physically built, fast-moving, and proceeding in a tightly-packed group, a report in Ouest France says one member of the group told a journalist that he couldn’t reveal their identities but that “we are on the good side” and that the group was a spontaneous meeting of friends to protect the city-centre. . .
. . . When asked by the interviewer if the group had any “far-right” connections, a woman replied that: “no, we are just people who want to save France, because France is going to ruin”. She further added that it was their belief the killing of an Algerian-heritage teen by a police officer last week is just being used as an excuse for rioting and looting by youths.
A man added “we are patriots who love France” and that if rioters only had trouble with the police, they could understand that, but the attacks on private businesses for looting underlined the true cause of the violence. He said it was unacceptable to see a small business owner, who may have invested his whole life of savings, and all his energy, see his hard work “go up in smoke” because of looters.
The scum who these French citizens are zip tying and handing over to the police should be grateful that their necks weren’t zip-tied, followed by a Mussolini lamp posting. Of course, my figurative orgasmic glee over this should in no way be interpreted as wanting something like this to happen over on this side of the Atlantic. Heaven forfend.
I’m no expert on French politics nor the internal workings of their bureaucracy; that is if they have a Deep State similar to the criminal junta and their minions of technocrats and apparatchiks that have effectively undermined our governing principles, hijacked the government and using its instrumentalities against the citizenry. I will say that while France may be socialist, its deeply ingrained sense of national identity (sadly, something that reared its ugly head in the eager collaboration with the Nazis to deport the nations Jewish citizens to the ovens in Birkenau), is finally coming to the fore as the wolf of cultural suicide via mass immigration of non-assimilating Muslims and Africans is at their throats.
Is it too late for France? Probably. But they brought this on themselves. Funny people. They pass things like AOC laws (no, not Titty-Caca Cortez) protecting indigenous food and wine as well as others literally outlawing “franglais,” words like “le weekend” and “le hamburger” to guard the purity of language. But, as a sense of guilt about their imperialism and colonialism flung their borders wide open for a mass wave of foreigners, the French did virtually nothing to try and assimilate these people. Worse, those who came in had no desire to assimilate in the first place. I ain’t no Margaret Mead but for sure, this is not a recipe for a growing, flourishing, prosperous and peaceful society.
That’s why in France, and elsewhere in Europe, you have these massive slums or “banlieues.” Literal “no-go” zones where even police dare not set foot; de facto foreign countries within their own borders, and they’re hostile almost to being in a near state of war. And as we see in France today, an actual state of war.
I bring this up because what is happening in France is for sure heading our way, if the summer of 2020 wasn’t the first wave of this to begin with. And correct me if I’m wrong but a big difference between France and here is that the government over there is prepared (to a greater or lesser extent) to deal with this while over here, the rioting is being egged on and supported by the government as a tool of political repression: i.e. “anarcho-terrorism.”
Bill HB 4474 – passed in the Michigan House on June 20 – could make it a felony to intentionally “intimidate” someone for, among other things, using the wrong pronouns. The bill also extends to a number of “protected classes,” including race or color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or national origin.”
By “intimidate,” the House means “a willful course of conduct involving repeated or continuing harassment of another individual that would cause a reasonable individual to feel terrorized, frightened, or threatened, and that actually causes the victim to feel terrorized, frightened, or threatened.”
However, the bill does not offer an objective definition against which intimidation or harassment can be held. Therefore, it is up to the interpretation of the listener as well as the local prosecutor to determine whether what was said was indeed intimidation.
Bill HB 4474 is “part of a [continued] effort by Democrats in the state [of Michigan] to advance a pro-LGBTQ+ agenda in their first months in power,” reports The Daily Mail.
“Make no mistake about it. Those advocating for this legislation will wield these policies as a weapon capable of destroying conservative expression or viewpoints grounded in the sacred,” adds Professor Emeritus William Wagner.
Is addressing some freak in drag with “Hey, mister” as bad as wishing someone “Un bon weekend” in Paris? If I remember correctly, the fight against “Franglais” sort of petered out years ago. But it is indeed all about the language and who gets to wield it.
I am glad that the recent case involving the creative designer in Colorado was decided correctly, as the justices of the Supreme Court determined that a private person operating a business cannot be compelled to lend creative or material support to messages and to deeds he or she believes are odious, in particular, those that violate the person’s religious commitments.
And yet, it is like winning an appeal before an occupying army accustomed to enacting tyrannical laws, often inconsistently and incoherently enacted and enforced at that. Nor is it just a matter of making an appeal directly to the chief judges of the occupiers. It has required a tremendous outlay of money, time, talent, and effort, not to mention the wrangling. Even the victory is bitter, and I fear that the main aim of the conquering army continues to be confirmed, to bend a formerly free people to its will by threatening them with destitution and public shame.
Machiavelli says that a prince who occupies a country accustomed to old and traditional ways should not attempt to alter them when they pose no threat to his power. For the people, says the shrewd Florentine, want mainly to be left to their own devices, and will be grateful to find that the new prince does not do what they feared he might. . .
. . . the ongoing revolution aims at nothing less than that there shall be no peoples. Globalism is, like modernism, not a commitment to anything that enlists the heart and inspires it to works of courage, beauty, and social union, but a negative. Modernism, as an ideology or an aesthetics, is a kind of patricide, whereby you pride yourself on your degree of separation from, and contempt for, the father, for the religious and cultural soil wherein you should have taken root. It explains what in human history is otherwise new and bizarre: that people should take pride in the ferocity with which they reject their patrimony.
But there is nothing to replace that patrimony. So the committed modernist, rather than permitting his empty soul to move him to come to his senses, rather than saying, “I shall arise and go to my father’s house,” gives himself over to the Nothing. Since it is unnatural and untenable for man to lack something to believe in, Nothing comes to take the place of God. A good temperament and some residual, incoherent, and unacknowledged faith in God prevents him from falling, always, into the most murderous and appalling forms of Nothing-worship, but that is the drain he is swirling into.
The globalist is in the same position. Nobody can be committed to the globe, as no one can love “the masses,” because it is characteristic of each that there are no characteristics, nothing to hold on to. Thus globalism demands that there shall be no genuine nations anymore. Locales may retain a couple of pseudo-traditions, so long as they mean nothing; such may be useful for fooling or distracting the masses. But otherwise, real local independence and culture must be obliterated.
In this light, consider again the people who brought suit against the Colorado designer. They are, as so often in our time, practitioners of sexual behavior detached from the natural structure of the human body and from the natural foundations of human societies. They could, of course, easily find someone happy to help them celebrate their dysfunction. That is not the point. The point is to humiliate any last person who believes in the reality of good and evil apart from what the mechanisms of mass behavior and mass control determine.
Ironic how the Leftist mantra “The Constitution isn’t a suicide pact,” actually rings true. Except like everything else they spout, it’s always a case of Orwellian phraseology and projection. I agree. It’s why if there is to be a land of the free and a home of the brave, then the Constitution as it stands cannot be the foundational document in the formation of the government of a reborn American nation. That is, unless every citizen in that nation swears absolute fealty to the principles of that document. That means of course anyone of the Left cannot be a citizen of that nation. QED.
For nearly 60 years and most especially the last two and a half, we have flung the border wide open and millions of third world peasants, not just from Latin America but from all over the world, (including terrorists and enemy agents actively plotting violence for political and religious reasons). They also have zero desire to assimilate yet were invited in by a government that actually sees their “diversity” (puke) as politically desirable for them to maintain and exert power over the rest of us who know better.
While seemingly the French police and military have common cause with their citizenry, despite whatever is going through the mind of the Macron government, our law enforcement and military are openly lined up against the citizenry of this nation. We already know what will happen to people like Kyle Rittenhouse and Daniel Penny when – not if – the shit hits the fan as it is doing so now in France.
Happy Fourth of July.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- “The Supreme Court decision brings to a halt one of the arms on a million-armed machine. We need to dismantle that machine. Nothing, No One, and No Place will never do it.”Nothing, No Place, and No One
- Michael Walsh: “Grant was there for his country in its hour of need. Now that a new, even deadlier threat has emerged thanks to the neo-Marxist Left that considers our entire country illegitimate, who will take his place?” Grant, the Indispensable Man
- Daniel Greenfield: “When you have the wrong political views, the FBI will knock on your door even if you’re the former president of the United States. And if you have the right political views, even if you’ve been a walking security risk for two decades, the State Department will cover for you and you’ll be able to keep your title even while being investigated for mishandling classified information.” Trump and Biden’s Iran Envoy Were Both Accused of Mishandling Classified Info
- “Expanding the size of the Supreme Court isn’t extreme.”
Democrats Revive Calls To Pack Supreme Court
- “Just as Education Secretary Cardona instructed to ‘be on offense,’ leftist activists shouted down parents of Asian-American students.”
Activists Harass Immigrant Parents Celebrating SCOTUS Ruling Against Anti-Asian Racism
- “Democrat presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., does not share the principle of racial non-discrimination that was practiced by his uncle, President John F. Kennedy. Take a look. . . “
RFK Jr. is No JFK on Racial Discrimination/Preferences
- “These forces in America all have one thing in common: they view meritocracy as analogous to white supremacy, and they demand that government and other powerful institutions act to promote the advancement of disadvantaged groups, even at the cost of fairness to individuals. We can expect them to act accordingly.”
DEI Will Never Die
- “Love him, hate him, or be indifferent to the 45th president, his court has changed history.”
The Recent Supreme Court Decisions: A Toast With a Cautionary Word
BIDEN CRIME FAMILY REVELATIONS
- “Is the discovered package of cocaine hydrochloride definitely connected to Hunter Biden? That’s not clear at this point, but are we really expected to believe that what was found was actually just nasal spray?” Where’s Hunter? White House Evacuated After Cocaine Found
- “. . . this is a terrible example of leadership in the White House. And surely to goodness, the American people are seeing that and we can get fresh new leadership next year in the presidential election.” Comer: Biden Wants to Go After Legal Gun Owners and Add IRS Agents when Hunter Broke Gun, Tax Laws
- Victor Davis Hanson: ” . . . unless radical changes occur, the unapologetic Biden nefariousness will discredit permanently an obsequious and biased media that knowingly chose not to report on what they equally knew were historic transgressions against their United States.” (a few Pollyanna-ish references but overall another good one from VDH – jjs)The Bidens’ Existential Threats to the American Rule of Law
- “Despite his strong devotion to Hunter, the [so-called quote-unquote “president”] has failed to meet, speak with, or even publicly acknowledge his four-year-old granddaughter living in Arkansas, according to The New York Times. The girl, named Navy Joan, is reportedly the product of a sordid romance between Hunter and Lunden Roberts that took place soon after Hunter’s relationship with his deceased brother’s widow, Hallie, ended.” Report: So-Called Quote-Unquote “president’s” Aides are Being Told Lies Erasing Hunter’s Arkansas Daughter
- “Hunter Biden’s plea deal touches only the tip of the iceberg.” The Wild Hunt
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- “Make no mistake about it. Those advocating for this legislation will wield these policies as a weapon capable of destroying conservative expression or viewpoints grounded in the sacred,” adds Professor Emeritus William Wagner. Michigan Criminalizes Misgendering with 5 Years in Jail or $10,000 Fine
- “What’s the point of an administrative state with DEI administrators from stem to stern unless it can thumb its nose at the yokels, whether an Uncle Tom from Pin Point, GA, or a bigoted deplorable Christian web-page designer?” The Supreme Court’s Pride Week
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “A professor uses social media to target research questioning systemic racism.” Child Welfare’s Ideological Enforcer
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “The figure is the highest ever recorded by the NRF since the survey began in 2003, marking a $9.22 increase since last year when the individual cost averaged out to $84.12. The survey, conducted from June 1st to June 7th, fielded responses from 8,225 consumers.” Inflation Causes Fourth Of July Cookout Items To Hit Record High: Report
- While Jensen has been wrong about a few things in the past, he is still the CIO of the world’s largest hedge fund, and has an exceptional finger on the pulse of human behavior. He went on to explain how our current bubble probably would have worked itself out in the past, but thanks to the idiocy of [Chinese] COVID-19 policies, those recovery trends are no longer available to the American public. World’s Largest Hedge Fund CIO Issues Terrifying Warning for US Economy
- “Forty million people get 20,000 bucks,” [Judd Gregg] said. “I’ll vote for you to give me 20,000 bucks. And that’s what it is about. That’s what it’s still about. That’s why they’re trying to reform it so they can keep this idea that they’re going to give this huge tax break, this income to all these folks going into the next election.” Ex-GOP Governor Blasts Biden’s Student Loan Bailout As ‘Biggest Vote-Buying Scheme Ever Undertaken’
- “Congress rejected it and SCOTUS struck it down, yet Biden keeps flogging the wretched beast.” Biden Is Still Beating Student Debt Horse
- “The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) suggests limited use of antibiotics in meat production despite antibiotics having been used in the industry for decades to prevent disease outbreaks amongst chickens, pigs, and cattle and assist them in gaining weight faster. Moreover, there are growing concerns about the rapid development of bacteria resistant to antibiotics in the meat.” America’s Largest Poultry Processor Reintroduces Antibiotics Due to Biden’s Economy
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, DEMOCRAT-LEFT WAR ON FOSSIL FUELS, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- Response to White House Office of Science and Technology Policy report show that many are concerned about the unintended consequences of geo-engineering. Biden Junta Stresses “No Plans Underway” for Research on Blocking Sunlight for Climate “Protection”
- “If this monstrosity comes into being you can thank all those preening electric car owners for foisting it on the rest of us.” Here’s Another Reason to Hate EVs
- ONYX expects that the industry will spend $4 billion on major repair projects by 2029, and notes that roughly 65% of maintenance costs in the industry are unplanned, CNBC reported.The Entire Wind Energy Industry Could Be Facing Serious Technical Problems
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “There is no shortage of American immigrants to the state, and Florida workers will ultimately be better paid as the market catches up. There will likely be a decrease in gang activity, drugs, lawlessness, and perhaps even uninsured medical and property damage costs. Elections may also become more secure.” Florida Becomes Hostile Territory for Those Who Profit Off Illegal Aliens
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “Nothing good ever comes out of more bureaucracy.” City Council Wants ‘NYPD to File Millions of Reports’ on Everything, Including Small Encounters
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “Why are we rewarding children for privileges and advantages accrued by prior generations?” Ivan Espinoza-Madrigal, executive director of Lawyers for Civil Rights, told The Associated Press. “Your family’s last name and the size of your bank account are not a measure of merit, and should have no bearing on the college admissions process.” (“Merit!” Now there’s a charged word! – jjs) Harvard Faces New Civil Rights Complaint Challenging Legacy Admissions
- Prof. Wm. Jacobson: “My position since long before the recent SCOTUS Affirmative Action decision: ‘I am against legacy admissions preferences regardless of whether they have a racial impact on admissions, because they contribute to a cronyism that shifts the focus from the individual’s merits to the school’s interest in developing alumni fundraising.’” By All Means, Eliminate Legacy and Donor Admissions Preferences Because They are Corrupting, Regardless of Racial Impact
- “We need to change course immediately.” The Ongoing Deterioration of U.S. Schools
THE 2020 AND 2022ELECTION HEISTS & AFTERMATH
- “The Undeliverable Ballot Database can save us from DNC mail-in ballot antics.” A Line of Defense Against Mail-in Ballot Fraud
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- NYT dropped the article just before the Sabbath of a holiday weekend, so that those affected could not respond for at least 24 hours. NY Times Runs Yet Another Suspiciously-Timed Hit Piece on Hasidic Yeshivas, Casts Them as “Lawbreakers”
- The findings are similar to a new Convention of States Action/Trafalgar Group survey, which found that seven in ten Americans believe the U.S. is in a state of “cultural and economic decline.” Poll: Ahead of July 4, Americans Largely Think U.S. Is Headed Down ‘Wrong Track’
- Which begs the question, why did Trump invite this fey fraud to his rally in the first place? – jjs Schadenfreude: Watch Lindsey Graham Get Booed at Trump Rally in His Own State
- “For years, the GOP was told to accept moderates such as McCain, Bush, and Romney in the name of electability. For years, the GOP has largely been unsuccessful at the national level.”Republican Losers and Donald Trump
- How about a mash-up of Augusto Pinochet and Judge Roy Bean? 14 Republicans Trump Could Pick as 2024 Running Mate
- The Cackling [spurious] Vice President, Kamala Harris, is the domino that will fall first.Kamala… They Are Coming for You
- “An inner dialogue on the Democrat underdog.” Me and Bobby the K
- “To the extent the group has given money to Republicans, the sums appear far smaller, and the donations have ended up in the pockets of groups supporting former Republican leader Paul Ryan, neoconservative Dan Crenshaw, and Never Trumper Ben Sasse.” DeSantis’ Iranian Donors Bankrolled Pelosi, Bashed Trump, & Backed Obama/Biden’s Iran Nuclear Deal
THE UKRAINIAN “FRONT”
- “When asked if there could be any scenario in which Ukraine could win without Crimea being fully integrated, Zelensky said no.” Zelensky Reveals War Will Not be Won Unless Crimea is Part of Ukraine
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- Witness accounts of a so-called “brigade anticasseur” (anti-thug brigade) in the port town of Lorlent, Brittany are reported by local newspaper Le Télégramme. In addition to what is reported by members of the public to the paper, a journalist for the publication claims to have seen a group of between 20 and 30 “young, hooded men” wearing balaclavas and gloves performing unofficial arrests.” (the only way this gets more awesome is with unofficial summary executions – jjs) French Media Reports Vigilante Gang Zip-Tying Rioters and Handing Them to Police
- “Ministry of the Interior figures taking account of damage to people and property during the now six nights of riots triggered by the shooting death by a police officer of an Algerian heritage teenager in a Paris suburb at a traffic stop reveals there have been 5,662 vehicle fires so far, reports Le Parisien. 1,000 Buildings Burnt, 5,600 Vehicles Destroyed, 3,300 Arrests in First Week of France Riots
- Le Figaro newspaper: “Police and gendarmes are paying a heavy price, with 700 injured” overnight. Paris Resembles War Zone as France Endures Sixth Night of Migrant-Driven Rioting
- “It’s only going to get worse, and it’s going to start getting bad in our country. We’re letting people come in by the tens of thousands,” he added. FLASHBACK — Trump in 2016: “France is No Longer France”
- “Real or fake?” Reports Claim France Cuts Off Internet Access Amid Riots
- The page asks for “Support for the family of Nanterre police officer Florian.M who did his job and who is now paying a high price. Support him MASSIVELY and support our law enforcement!” GoFundMe for Accused French Officer Receives over $1 MILLION in Donations
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “What a stunning and brave message to send to America’s military enemies.” “The World Is Laughing At Us”: U.S. Army Shares Story Of Suicidally Depressed Transgender Major
- “Is it national demoralization? If so, they’re doing a bang-up job. Even if I were interested (I’m not because every war the government has prosecuted since WWII has been predicated on BS in my opinion, not to mention wildly counterproductive and unsuccessful), I would not join after having seen this nonsense out of principle.” DOD Launches New LGBTQ+++™ Propaganda Offensive, Showcases Transgender Major
- “The military domain must be sacrosanct in the U.S. civil-military relationship to provide the military effectiveness needed to deter and defeat the PRC if deterrence fails.” (too late – jjs) The Professionalism of the U.S. Military Is Threatened
- “In a war with China or Russia, the A-10 likely wouldn’t survive. If — and this is a big if — there’s still a role for manned ground-attack jets, it’s with stealthy planes like the F-35 that are hard to see, harder to kill, and can fire a variety of long-range stand-off weapons. But everybody who ever served alongside the A-10, saw one fly, or even just heard the sound of that glorious cannon, is going to miss it when the Hog is gone. The A-10 Warthog Making One Final Flight — to the Boneyard
OHIO DERAILMENT, TOXIC CHEMICAL DISASTER
- In a letter to [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Joe Biden, the state’s Republican governor explained that the deadline to make the request was Monday, after the Federal Emergency Management Agency refused to grant an extension, while the state “continues to evaluate long term needs” stemming from the early February train incident. DeWine added that assistance to the community from Norfolk Southern, which faces litigation over the derailment and just announced last Friday that it would sue rail car owners over cleanup costs, is not guaranteed. Ohio Governor Asks Biden For East Palestine Disaster Declaration 150 Days After Train Derailment
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE COURTS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE
- “At least 15 states are facing severe weather conditions ahead of Independence Day. Hail, wind, and possible tornado damage have wreaked havoc on the East Coast and Mississippi River regions, according to hundreds of reports.” Airport Chaos: Travelers Face Canceled Flights for Fourth of July Holiday
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “It now appears that the high activity seen since the beginning of this ramp up to the upcoming solar maximum is no fluke, and that the consensus prediction of NOAA’s solar science panel of a weak maximum in 2025 will be wrong.” Sunspot update: June saw the most sunspots in more than two decades
- “Note that every single dot surrounding UGC 11860 in this picture is another far more distant galaxy.” A spiral galaxy as seen by Hubble
- “The company says it has $50 million in preorders. If so, at least 50 people think this might be the real deal.” (yeah, but can it fold up into a small suitcase? – jjs) Another flying car gets FAA approval for flight testing
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- Robert Spencer: “Doling out your tax money to promote trans madness worldwide.” The Queer Biden Junta
- “Just because something is incoherent doesn’t mean that it isn’t real—and dangerous.”What Is Gender Ideology
- Eric L. Pinckney, whose drag name is Miss Savannah Georgia, shared his frustration with parents protesting “Drag Queen Story Hour” and other “drag performances” for children in an op-ed in USA Today. He said his favorite performances are “those center stage, right in front of young children, reading books to them.” NJ Drag Queen: Banning Drag Queen Shows for Children a ‘Disservice to Their Young Minds’
- Murphy announced on Twitter that he had just finished reading Richard Reeves’ 2022 book Of Boys and Men, in which the author details the struggles modern-day males are facing. Having read the book, the senator concluded that “the left is missing the crisis happening w[ith] men today” and that “biological/evolutionary differences between men and women” cannot be avoided. Dem Senator Says ‘We Cannot Avoid’ the Biological ‘Differences’ Between Men and Women
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “Philadelphia’s Museum of the American Revolution rejects demands from Woke activists.”‘Moms for Liberty’ Score Major Victory
- Christian Toto: “Industry must consider contrarian views before another can’t-miss film misses.” Dear Hollywood: Listen to Your Critics – or Else
- “The nine-dash line is a maritime boundary in the South China Sea drawn up by China, which claims to own the territory inside the line. The boundary is controversial to the surrounding countries that also claim part of the waterway, which includes Vietnam, Taiwan, Malaysia, and the Philippines.” Barbie Movie Banned in Vietnam Over Dispute with Films Depiction of China’s Maritime Boundary
- “Bud Light sales dropped 31% since mid-May after the company partnered with Dylan Mulvaney, a transgender social media influencer, in April. Target and Kohl’s brands took a hit over LGBTQ merchandise in June, with Target losing $15 billion in market cap value and Kohl’s losing 20% of its share price.” The Corporate Diversity Industry Is Finally Getting The Hint That People Are Sick Of Them
JULY 4th, 2023
- “It will determine whether we survive as a free people.” A Fundamentally Important Question for Independence Day
- “Let’s make this July Fourth a day of celebration of our founding ideals and a time of renewed commitment to engage and wake up our nation.” Celebrating July Fourth Rings Hollow Without Fidelity To America’s Founding Ideals
- “America is much more than merely ‘an idea’—but unless we recover that idea and an attachment to it, we cannot recover ourselves.” The Spiritedness of 1776
- Victor Davis Hanson: “So on this Fourth let us cherish the Fourth of July for what it promised—and what it thankfully did not.” What the Fourth of July Was Not
- “But we still have much to celebrate this Fourth of July.” Patriotism Under Siege
HITHER & YON
- “A recent documentary on the writer Umberto Eco inspires a reflection on the timeless qualities of books.” Me, Umberto Eco, and the Mystery of Books
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.