Good morning, kids. I guess I could just do a riff on the infamous New York Daily News headline from October 1975, which many see as an unfair attack that sank incumbent President Gerald Ford’s reelection campaign even before it started, with something that IMHO is more accurate:
PENCE TO AMERICA: “DROP DEAD”
Replying to Tucker Carlson’s retort about the nation and in particular its cities going to hell in a hand basket while Pence and others of the Uniparty shove billions in money and weapons at Ukraine, and touching off a war with Russia that potentially could go global, Pence then publicly took his head and shoved it up past his sigmoid:
It’s probably easier to start with the loser, chief among whom was Mike Pence, who might just as well have used the occasion to perform an act of self-immolation. The key moment came in an exchange about foreign policy, in particular U.S. policy with respect to the war in Ukraine. Pence said he was distressed that we had yet to send Ukraine the promised Abrams tanks or train Ukrainian pilots to fly F16s.
“You are distressed,” said Tucker, “that the Ukrainians don’t have enough American tanks. Every city in the United States has become much worse in the last three years. . . .and yet your concern is that the Ukrainians . . . don’t have enough tanks? Where’s the concern in the United States in that?”
“Well, that’s not my concern. Tucker, I’ve heard that routine from you before, but that’s not my concern.”
“Not my concern.”
Bang. “Not my concern.”
The internet lit up over that one, with some people saying that Pence had just committed suicide and others wondering what he was saying. To what did “that’s not my concern” apply?
Mollie Hemingway was probably correct that Pence was flummoxed and that it is “fair to say he intended to say something about how we can fight forever wars with unclear ties to national interest at the same time we begin to fight American decline.” Unfortunately for Pence, as Hemingway went on to observe, “many GOP voters would say he’s wrong on that as well.”
In fairness to Pence, whom I detest, I too could care fuck-all for America’s cities. The voters and the maniacs they perpetually put in office are responsible for their own destruction. Pence in a way is right, but for all the wrong reasons, and his tone and the way he came off were horrible.
Roger Kimball has a pretty good analysis on the event, of which President Trump was notably absent. You’ll note that he is all in for OrangeManBad. Rajan Laad over at American Thinker cuts to the chase:
There are many who claimed that Pence’s awkward performance ended his presidential chances.
Well, they are wrong because to end his chances, he would have to have some chances in the first place.
Unless he is delusional, which is most likely not the case, Pence knows that he had no chance of winning the nomination. He knows that his conduct on January 6 and his remarks after that attacking Trump had disgusted the GOP voters who participate in the primaries.
So what was he doing there?
Clearly, Pence was auditioning for a lucrative position in one of the “conservative” groups, such as the Lincoln Project, or maybe the kind that he supported by National Review, which longs for the return of the Bush era. He could also find a position on Fox News or perhaps even a liberal media outlet where he can be a useful idiot.
When President Trump wins in 2024, one of the biggest challenges is to keep away cunning pretenders such as Pence and Barr. This isn’t going to be easy because there are many wolves in sheepskin, while others merely capitulate under D.C. pressure.
Personally I think Trump should have attended. I think his calculus is that he should be anointed and perhaps going to these events diminishes his stature somehow. Also, while Tucker Carlson is not going to pull the “Have you stopped beating your wife?” bullshit questions, he will obviously not pull punches even in a one-on-one with PDT. And Trump does have a lot to answer for. In fact, Pence’s Ukraine crap is one thing, but what the hell is this?
“I know Zelensky very well, and I know Putin very well, even better. And I had a good relationship, very good, with both of them. I would tell Zelensky, no more. You got to make a deal. I would tell Putin, if you don’t make a deal, we’re going to give him a lot. We’re going to them more than they ever got if we have to. I will have the deal done in one day. One day.”
Trump’s remarks generated strong responses online from a wide range of commentators, including some who noted that the former president skipped going to Tucker Carlson’s forum in Iowa last week where Carlson scrutinized candidates in-large part over their views on Ukraine.
Republican strategist Ryan James Girdusky tweeted, “This is basically what Biden is doing.
”Claremont Institute fellow David Reaboi said that he was “knocked out” by Trump’s remarks.
“In order to end the war, Trump commits to following the Lindsay Graham and Neocon policy of arming Ukraine to the teeth,” he said. “That’s exactly what’s happening now, and it hasn’t changed Putin’s behavior. Would Trump escalate against Russia beyond that? That’s exactly what Americans don’t want.”
I think Trump is doing his Art-of-the-Deal schtick here, but I am not going to defend it because it comes out sounding totally insane, given the circumstances. As I and others have stated, this is a regional conflict between the world’s worst kleptocracy and a former superpower that is now nothing more than a regional power with nuclear weapons. There is zero strategic American interest that is threatened or at stake here. In fact, it was American diplomatic blundering involving at least three prior administrations and the current junta that caused this predicament in the first place. That or something along those lines should’ve been Trump’s response to Money Honey Bartiromo.
That said, Ron DeSantis, the savior many are looking to to ride to the rescue himself has flip-flopped on Ukraine in recent months. In any case, I really do not know why I’m getting all worked up over this. About the only thing that does interest me is the slow emergence of Vivek Ramaswamy, not as the standard bearer for ’24, but as a future leader of the movement and/or party, assuming the GOP does not go the way of the dodo (or America for that matter). He’s thrown out a lot of red meat of late and has impressed me in that regard. Of course, as Kimball and others have noted, the big winner in Iowa was Tucker Carlson himself:
Carlson is free to ask difficult questions since he is not working for the establishment media. He lost his evening TV show because his populist questions prompted Fox’s establishment board to shut him down, despite the resulting huge loss of viewers.
In fact, Carlson has a pocketbook and a ratings incentive to keep the pressure on politicians. Millions of ordinary Americans have given up on the establishment’s media coverage of the establishment’s political priorities. That popularity was made clear the next day when Carlson spoke at the TPUSA Conference in Florida:
Tucker Carlson takes the stage at the @TPUSA Conference in West Palm Beach, FL to a standing ovation. “I don’t think most unemployed people get a reception like that,” he joked.
At the end of the day, it is going to boil down to Trump versus DeSantis. As of right now, if you can believe the polling, Trump is way out in the lead, and DeSantis’ campaign is showing major signs of stalling. But as CBD and I discussed on the latest podcast, does any of this even matter?
The fix is already in place, especially in the key swing states and districts if not most everywhere else so what does American electoral politics even mean anymore? I tried making the point that I believe we are beyond that, or we will soon be when an inevitable financial or other catastrophe (intentionally induced or otherwise) hits us.
We have been so thoroughly corrupted at every level of society that nothing short of a radical change will right the ship. Or sink it, depending on the breaks.
On Friday afternoon, police in Fargo, North Dakota, responded to a report of a car crash at 9th Avenue South and 25th Street South. Fargo Police Chief David Zibolski said it was a “routine traffic accident,” but what happened when they arrived on the scene was anything but routine. A Fargo resident named Mohamad Barakat, 37, opened fire on the officers, killing one and injuring three others. Zibolski said that Barakat attacked the officers “for no known reason,” and authorities have as yet offered no hints as to the shooter’s motive. One of the most obvious possibilities, however, is being steadfastly ignored, as one might expect given today’s media narrative. . .
. . . Yes, it did. And Zibolski added that the FBI had been called in, but given the fact that the feds are now far more interested in finding “domestic terrorists” at school board meetings and Catholic churches than in hunting down actual terrorists, Zibolski may still not get an answer to his question of why someone would do such a thing. FBI agents today would likely not recognize an Islamic jihadist if he stood behind a car and started shooting at them, but Mohamad Barakat may have been one. There is no indication that anyone is looking into this possibility, but it would provide an immediate explanation for the details of the case. . .
. . . Now, Mohamad Barakat may have had entirely different reasons for his attack. But the possibility that this was a jihad terror attack in Fargo, North Dakota, cannot be dismissed out of hand, even as authorities appear disinclined even to consider it as a possibility. The FBI and the entire Biden regime have never given any indication that they’re aware that the global jihad continues. Unfortunately, it does.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- “How the establishment Left embraced government control of digital speech.” The New Censorship
- “After 60 years and trillions of dollars, we’ve lost ground—and the sad truth is that there was a better approach to be had all along.” The War On Poverty Hasn’t Just Failed, It’s Failed Abysmally
- “Confronting China and protecting American industries from China’s globalist ambitions involved opposing legislation that strengthens China’s grip on our economic interests. This is why I’m raising a red flag on the risks associated with the so-called Ending Agricultural Trade Suppression (EATS) Act, H.R. 4417/S. 2019, led by Rep. Ashley Hinson (R-IA) and Sen. Roger Marshall (R-KS).” Latest Deregulation Bill – Pushed by the GO-fucking-P! – Risks Gifting China Our Meat Production
BIDEN CRIME FAMILY REVELATIONS
- Thad McCotter: “No, ‘irony’ isn’t enough to fully capture the follies, foibles, and failings of the American government and its self-anointed ruling “elite,” especially when the Democrats are heedlessly doing Putin’s disinformation job for him by exacerbating the animosity, apathy, and doubt among Americans; and our government remains hellbent on proving the term ‘intelligence community’ is an oxymoron.” Disinformation: Doing Putin’s Job for Him
- Miranda Devine: “[Former NYPD top cop Bernard] Kerik thinks eventually the truth will leak because “the men and women in the federal law enforcement arena are sick and tired of having to conceal and suppress [and] basically commit crimes on behalf of the Biden White House.” (we’ll see what the last straw is vis a vis protecting their jobs and pensions – jjs)The Secret Service’s Investigation on the Cocaine Found in the White House Blows: ‘The whole thing is preposterous’
- “Joe Biden, who bragged in 2018 about the firing of prosecutor Viktor Shokin by Poroshenko, was on an official visit to Ukraine in 2015. During the visit, he met with Poroshenko in Kiev about Ukraine’s corruption. But four months after the meeting, Poroshenko fired Shokin, a prosecutor investigating Burisma, which paid Hunter Biden $83,000 a month to sit on its board.” Burisma Exec Discussed Expectations of ‘High-Ranking US Officials in Ukraine’ with Hunter Biden
SHAMPEACHMENT 1.0, 2016 CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- Margot Cleveland: “Kash Patel’s attorney filed an ethics complaint against Rep. Dan Goldman and simultaneously sent a referral to the Department of Justice.” Ethics Complaint Filed Against Congressman Who Slurred Whistleblowers
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- “We are living through a combustible era in which common Establishment illusions shatter daily.” 10 Paradigm Shifts that Shatter Establishment Illusions
- “It is a deliberate push away from power that is diffused among millions, and a corresponding call for the concentration of power in the hands of a few — the same elites whose hubris has destroyed companies and produced disastrous public policies.” Obsession with ‘Systemic’ Everything is Threat to American Resilience
- “The party of slavery remains racist.” Black Georgia State Rep Who Left the Democrat Party Reveals Shockingly Racist Blowback from Disappointed Donkeys
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- Clarice Feldman: “If you find the presidential debate format a rather meaningless exercise, you will be astonished at what one-on-one interviews by a skilled interrogator can accomplish.” Tucker Carlson Helps Cull the Republican Presidential Field
- “Carlson is free to ask difficult questions since he is not working for the establishment media. He lost his evening TV show because his populist questions prompted Fox’s establishment board to shut him down, despite the resulting huge loss of viewers.” Tucker Carlson Wins Iowa with Sharp Humor and Sharper Questions
- “This comes on the back of Mark Zuckerberg’s Meta launching “Threads,” a competitor to Twitter that the mainstream media nicknamed, “The Twitter Killer.” However, within hours, users on Threads were already complaining of censorship and Twitter’s new move to allow creators to monetize their work seems to have only strengthened Twitter as a platform.”Twitter gives thousands of dollars to creators through its ‘Creator Revenue Share’
- “The bottom line is, it’s still way too early to make any predictions, but it’s not too late to stop falling for the corporate media’s propaganda.” Don’t Believe the Leftist Media Narrative About the State of the 2024 Race
- “I can’t think of many other conservative women known for their dark eyebrows.” Latest Media Attack on Casey DeSantis: “Just How Thick Are This Lady’s Brows?”
- “The Founders understood that a robust marketplace of ideas and a free-market economy were far better arbiters of quality than dictates from on high. They also knew their history: Governments with the authority to censor bad ideas almost certainly stifle good ones they don’t like.” Censorship by Another Name Is Still Dangerous
- “The focus of probe into OpenAI is on the potential harm to consumers and data security concerns.” Federal Trade Commission Begins Investigation Into ChatGPT Maker
SCOTUS ABOLISHES AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
- William Jacobson: “They’ll plug it into their algorithms, they’ll plug it into their artificial intelligence, they’ll plug it into their [computer] program, and you will never know.”“What’s Happening At LinkedIn Is So Important” Because Discrimination By Algorithm Is The Future Of Affirmative Action
- “I anticipate that if the Supreme Court does take up the [Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology], case, it will, in ruling for Coalition for TJ, point to its decision in ‘Students for Fair Admissions,‘” Renu Mukherjee, a Manhattan Institute policy analyst who focuses on affirmative action, told the DCNF. Supreme Court Could End Race-Based Admissions At Elite US High Schools, Experts Say
- “For those unaware, the Leftist party in charge of that country – the African National Congress – has adopted affirmative action and racial quotas across the nation as a remedy for the years of racist rule by apartheid. But what Democrats rarely mention is how badly that South African experiment has gone.” The Democrats Want America to be More Like South Africa. That’s a Terrible Idea
- “What happens when you compare affirmative action with charter schools?” Racial Preferences, Charter Schools, and the Teachers Unions
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “. . . so long as Soros DAs, activists, and city councilors keep making urban life unlivable, America’s cities will continue to circle the drain. And we’re all going to get sucked down with them.” Imploding Cities Will Drag All of Us Down — Even if You Don’t Live Anywhere Near One
- “The new program is thanks to a new regulatory rulemaking process by the Department of Education, which tweaked the student loan program’s income-driven repayment plans, CNBC reports.” Loophole: Biden Junta Forgives $39 Billion in Student Debt for Over 800,000 Borrowers
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, DEMOCRAT-LEFT WAR ON FOSSIL FUELS, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- Clarice Feldman: “You can have any car you want as long as it’s electric.” Catch 22: the EPA v. the Free Market
- “Electric cars aren’t selling. That’s fine. We’ve had quite enough of the public displays of moral superiority buzzing around in traffic.” Have We Reached Peak Virtue Signaling With EVs?
- “It turns out wages are much lower in government-subsidized electric vehicle plants than they are in traditional assembly plants.” Union Opposition to Electric Vehicle Kickbacks Could Upend 2024
- “New EU emission restrictions may force Irish farmers to cut fertilizer use and cull farm animals.” After Netherlands, Ireland’s Farmers Fight Back Against EU Climate Regulations
- “Climate alarmists have been wrong for 50 years, and they’re not right now. But many of the top-level climate propagandists don’t believe their own lies (which is why they fly private jets). As Morano emphasized, climate hysteria is a political tool to end private transport and thus give governments ever more control over people’s lives.” Climate Expert: Gas Car Cancellation Is Intended to End Private Transport
- “Dreaming of nothing in the Land of Oz.” Climateer$ Meet Small-Town Australia
- “Oil and gas will simply wither away.” The Friedrich Engels Theory of Energy
- “No country would ever depend on an out-and-out rival for something as vital as energy. Yet here we are.” Chasing a Green Chimera, Biden Has Put America in the Red Dragon’s Grasp
- “The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration under the Biden [junta] is about to impose stringent new regulations on boating speeds off the East Coast, all to protect the same whales that environmentalists say are being killed by the left’s beloved “green energy” projects. And the trickle-down impacts could affect everyone.” Biden Is About To Make Boating a Lot Harder – and the ‘Why’ Is Insane
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “Ultimately, it is best to coordinate the fights to abolish immigration detention and to guarantee universal representation at the local, state, and national levels. . . The shared goal is to end an unjust mass enforcement and incarceration system,” the report stated.Top Biden Immigration Official Called to ‘Abolish’ ICE, End Detention of Illegal Immigrants
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- Hat tip from “Old Chick” who ponders the reason this is getting no press, “I wonder if it is because 3 of the people shot, the one dead and 2 in critical condition are police officers. I guess it doesn’t meet the definition of mass shooting.” Also, I didn’t realize Fargo had such a large Muslim contingent. See the next link. . . Fargo Police Officer Dies, Two Are in Critical Condition Following Street Shootout
- Robert Spencer: “Now, Mohamad Barakat may have had entirely different reasons for his attack. But the possibility that this was a jihad terror attack in Fargo, North Dakota, cannot be dismissed out of hand, even as authorities appear disinclined even to consider it as a possibility. The FBI and the entire Biden regime have never given any indication that they’re aware that the global jihad continues. Unfortunately, it does.” Was There Just a Jihad Terror Attack in Fargo, North Dakota?
- “And offers a surreal excuse.” Video: Far-Left Georgia Mayor Charged in Alleged Home Burglary
- “College’s Campus Abolition Research Lab aims to ‘disrupt and dismantle the carceral university.'” (how about aim to learn proper English? – jjs) University of Michigan Hosts ‘#PoliceFreeCampus’ Project as Shootings and Sex Crimes Plague School
AMERICA AND THE WORLD IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “COVID-19, there is an argument that it is ethnically targeted. COVID-19 attacks certain races disproportionately,” Kennedy claimed. “COVID-19 is targeted to attack Caucasians and black people. The people who are most immune are Ashkenazi Jews and Chinese. We don’t know whether it was deliberately targeted or not but there are papers out there that show the racial or ethnic differential and impact.” (yikes – jjs) RFK Jr. Pushes Back After Saying Chinese COVID “Ethnically Targeted” to Not Impact Jews, Chinese as Bad as Whites, Blacks
- “. . . thank God for the Brevard County GOP in this regard, and here’s hoping that DeSantis enthusiastically acquiesces to the committee’s demands.” Florida County Republican Committees Call on DeSantis to Ban and Test mRNA Shots
- “Those who were [Chinese] Covid cowards need to stand up against tyranny in the future. It’s the least they can do.” If You Were a Sheep During Chinese Covid, Admit You Were Wrong and Do Better Next Time
- “Fauci was anointed a national hero during the pandemic, but in reality, he was the villain.”Can We Arrest Fauci Now? (Skip right to the gallows – jjs)
- “. . . yes, there is an established process for private financial institutions to provide the government, such as regulators and law enforcement, customer records under narrowly crafted provisions, one being indicia of criminal activity. The operative term here is ‘criminal activity.’” You May Have Missed a Startling Part of Wray’s Testimony on Backdoor Gun Control
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “Recent test scores show a 50-year downward trend for American students. We need to change course immediately.” Our Failing Schools Are a National Crisis
- “Nationwide, hundreds of profs denounce the dumbing-down-math trend. It robs America’s kids and sends a giant gift to China. Count it as one more area where the ‘progressive’ road to the future is positively medieval.” (imagine what a President Newsom will do – jjs)Progressives’ War on Teaching Math Conquers California
- “These radical gender ideologies endanger both the minds and bodies of impressionable and developing youth, and yet parents who object are either vilified or kept in the dark entirely. In an effort to undermine parental rights and advance woke social agendas, schools go so far as to implement policies to keep secrets from parents, who are primarily responsible for the health and development of their children.” It’s Time To Acknowledge America’s Education Crisis
THE 2020 AND 2022ELECTION HEISTS & AFTERMATH
- “We urge all Members of Congress to support the strong free speech and citizen privacy provisions in [the] ‘American Confidence in Elections Act.’” (yeah, the Democrats are going to be all over this! – jjs) More Than 70 Nonprofits Call On Congress To Pass Republicans’ Election Integrity Bill
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- Robert Spencer: “She only likes foreign leaders who support jihad.” Ilhan “Bro-Fo” Omar Says ‘No Way in Hell’ Will She Attend Israeli President’s Speech to Congress
DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- “[So-called quote-unquote “president”] Joe Biden‘s nominee to lead the National Institute of Health allegedly received millions of dollars in research-related funds from big pharmaceutical companies while opposing Trump-era drug costs, according to a watchdog group.” Big Pharma ‘Bankrolled’ Biden’s NIH Director Nominee, Watchdog Group Says
- “DeSantis actually came in third behind businessman Perry Johnson, who garnered 7.8%, despite the conference happening in the governor’s state.” Donald Trump Dominates Turning Point Action’s GOP Primary Straw Poll at 87.5%
- “It’s not just the ‘not my concern’ comment with Tucker Carlson. There were other disturbing things in that interview.” Did Mike Pence Just End His Presidential Candidacy?
- Roger Kimball: ” . . . here’s a minority opinion, which I would like to surround with a watercress of hesitation. I suspect that the next occupant of the White House is likely to be the last occupant of the White House, i.e., the one who hung his hat there from January 2017 until January 2021.” “Not My Concern” Narrows the GOP Field
- “We just asked @GovChristie to sit down and explain his views on Ukraine. He refused. You hate to think that Chris Christie is a blustery coward who plays the tough guy with sycophants at ABC but won’t answer real questions, but . . .” (Blustery coward = fat phony fuck – jjs) ‘Blustery Coward’: Tucker Carlson Rips Chris Christie For Refusing To Face Him One-On-One
- Some? Try like 90% as well as your daughter and son-in-law. – jjs) Trump: First Term ‘Mistake’ Was Some of the People I Picked for My Cabinet
* * * * *
- “DeSantis stock isn’t rising,” the donor added. “Twenty percent is not what people signed up for.” DeSantis Sheds Staff Amidst Cash Crunch, Poor Polling
- “As DeSantis spoke, he was flanked by Sen. Joni Ernst (R-IA) who nodded in agreement with DeSantis’ remarks.” (hanging with Joni Ernst is not a good look, IMHO – jjs) DeSantis Considering Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds as VP Pick
- “We’re not going to let all this power accumulate in Washington, we’re going to break up these agencies.” (how? -jjs) DeSantis: I Will Actually Drain The Swamp and Rein In the Deep State, Here’s How
- “The number of young people who believe politics cannot meet the country’s challenges has risen from 36 percent to 52 percent over the same period, suggesting serious dissatisfaction with the 80-year-old [so-called quote-unquote “president”].” Biden Brings in Advisors, Lures Celebs as Young Dem Voters Drop Off
- “But Kamala definitely has to go first.” Michelle Obama Could Be Choice of Dem Establishment
- “No matter how hard they try to spin the narrative, it’s too late. As noted above, Harris said the unspoken part out loud. There is video footage that cannot be unseen at this point. The roast of Kamala Harris was well deserved, as the ideas she is pushing forward are absolutely absurd.” Kamala Harris Gets Scorched After Going Full Thanos
THE UKRAINIAN “FRONT”
- “According to a Gallup poll released last month, 44% of Republicans and Republican-leaning voters believe the aid is ‘too much,’ up from 40% in January and 9% in March 2022. Just 14% of Democrats and Democrat-leaning voters have the same view as of June, up from 5% in March 2022.” U.S. to Give Ukraine ‘Everything it Needs for as Long as it Takes,’ Biden National Security Adviser Says
- Donald, please. I think I know what you’re doing or trying to do but please. Shut. The. Fuck. Up. – jjs Trump: I’ll Give Ukraine ‘More’ Weapons ‘Than They Ever Got’ If Putin Does Not End War
- “The UK is not alone in seeing its munitions stocks dissipate. The Biden [junta] admitted it’s sending controversial cluster bombs to Ukraine because the United States and the West are running out of supplies.” UK’s Weapons Stocks Are ‘Dangerous Low’ As a Result of Arming Ukraine
- Victor Davis Hanson: “. . . predictions assumed that catastrophic Russian losses, the dividends of Moscow’s stupidity and indifference, the amorality of the invasion, the evil of Putin, and the nobility of the new united NATO would all ensure Russian defeat. Yet history would differ. It would answer that to win a war, proverbially long-suffering Russia must first almost lose it.” Have We Forgotten the Russian Way of War?
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- This is the sixth time Russian and Chinese militaries have patrolled the area since 2019, according to The Moscow Times. The weekend exercises mark the first time that both Russian air and sea military branches have engaged with Chinese maritime defense forces bilaterally.” Russia And China Begin Joint Air and Sea Drills in Sea of Japan: REPORT
- “What if there’s nothing the country could do to unalienate its restless, riot-ready ethnic youth?” The Roots of French Disorder
- “No one can ignore reality anymore… in spite of everything, most of the political class wants to believe that it is a social crisis when the root cause is obvious: immigration,” asserts the former French presidential candidate, Eric Zemmour. ‘Mohammed’ is The Most Common Name Amongst Arrested ‘French’ Rioters
- “While neglecting the issue of illegal immigration, Meloni appears to have caved to big business interests on legal immigration, with her government announcing it will hand out almost half a million visas to non-European Union nationals between 2023 and 2025. In 2019, by contrast, only 30,850 such visas were issued.” Migrant Flows DOUBLE Under Meloni, Who Seems More Focused on Ukraine
- “Parents in impoverished neighborhoods say their children can play outside again without permission.” President Bukele says El Salvador is the ‘safest country in Latin America’
- “A look at the kind of politician who will let Western Europe sink.” He’s No Geert Wilders
- “Why the critics including [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Biden are so wrong.” Israeli Government’s Judicial Reform Proposal Makes Perfect Sense
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- Daniel Greenfield: “If only the Navy could repair subs as quickly as its transgender teams castrate sailors.” While Navy Pushes DEI, 37% of Attack Subs Are Out of Order
- “Republicans weren’t the ones who started the ideological military fight, but they are committed to finishing it.” Biden Regime, Corporate Media Blame the Military Abortion Fight They Started on Republicans
- “The military is not there for social engineering. It’s not there to mainstream deviant behavior, to equalize outcomes in the American public, or to plant toxic race theory in the minds and hearts of our recruits.” Defense Policy and the Social Issues: Who Started This Fight?
- “The choice to install General Brown as the next CJCS is overtly political. The public should be skeptical of the general’s contentious leadership style which is anchored in DEI ideology—a Marxist derived philosophy, which he has aggressively instituted throughout the Air Force. During his term as Air Force Chief of the Staff, the Air Force has experienced a precipitous drop in morale, recruitment goals, mission readiness, and personal standards.” General Charles Q. Brown—Too Many Red Flags
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE COURTS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE
- “To the extent her fellow Democratic appointees agree to pursue her apparent agenda, her confirmation threatens a sea-change in the Commission’s understanding and application of American non-discrimination laws. Specifically, employers should beware that the new majority may well advance positions on Title VII’s meaning: (a) for race-balancing employment decisions, at odds with the implications of the Supreme Court’s recent SFFA decision; and (b) for the provision of single-sex facilities for employees.” Biden’s New Official Overseeing Workplace Discrimination Has ac Long History of Supporting Discrimination
- “Republicans, like Ramaswamy, who really want to take on the culture war, should tackle major food industries exploiting corporate welfare to prop up artificial industries that leave Americans sick in the process.” No Subsidies for Big Food is the Only ‘Based’ Position
HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE
- Deane Waldman, M.D.: “Biden seeks to take away another small element of freedom, the right to choose one’s insurance.” Biden Trying to Kill Short Term Health Insurance
- “Someone has to protect the aged, the infirm, and the mentally incompetent. Making state-sanctioned suicide anything more than a rare, reluctantly taken medical intervention is barbaric. Canada should wake up before they start building suicide centers a la Soylent Green.” In Canada, It’s Easier to Access Euthanasia Services Than Health Care
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “It will take time to get Chandrayaan-3 into the right lunar orbit for landing, which is presently scheduled for August 13, 2023.” India successfully launches Chandrayaan-3
- “It appears the committee members have decided to find the cuts in the other departments, such as the Justice Department. In fact, this first budget review strongly suggests Justice is about to see huge cuts, something that corrupt and partisan agency richly deserves.” NASA survives first budget review in Congress
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “There is an undeniable connection between free-and-easy birth control and the unraveling of American order.” Slouching Towards Sterility
- “Under the new rules, set to take effect this Monday, transgender male athletes who transitioned after puberty will no longer be allowed to participate in any competitions and official events in the UCI calendar.” SANITY: Males BANNED from competing in women’s cycling events under new rules
- “To hell with constitutional procedures.” (for the Left, to hell with the Constitution, period – jjs) Not So Cunning Stunt: Democrats Pretending the ERA was Ratified and is the 28th Amendment
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- Naturally, their hard left propaganda mission and total disdain for the American people has nothing to do with why Hollywood is tanking, eh Barry? – jjs Barry Diller: Actor and Writer Strikes Could Lead to Hollywood’s ‘Absolute Collapse’
- “Christian Toto: “Angel Studios’ smash adds theaters, delivers big-time in Heartland USA.”Scorching Sound of Freedom Eyes $100 Million (and more)
- “Forcing you to participate in the absurdity is the actual purpose.” ‘People of Color’ and ‘2SLGBITQIA+’: Using Language to Enforce Subordination
- “Disney has decided that they are no longer a company that tells stories, but a screeching, scolding schoolmarm.” Lightning and the Lightning Bug
- Christian Toto Part Deux: “Biased paper whines as Tracy Chapman’s single is reborn as country smash.” WaPo Blistered Over Woke “Fast Car” Spin
- Lloyd Billingsley: “The SNL crew spared no one and that’s the way it should be now, when the woke and the powerful don’t want to be criticized much less mocked. Comics of the nation, arise. You have tough acts to follow, but we need you more than ever.” Too Little Targeting of the Woke and the Powerful, But Hopefully Not Too Late
HITHER & YON
- “A less known but nonetheless much needed voice for freedom died this past week.” The Life and Death of Milan Kundera
- “How the famed historian foresaw our civilizational predicament.” Henry Adams and the Crisis of Education
- “Macaulay equated commercial wealth and technological progress with civilizational worth.” Thomas Macaulay, Liberal Futurist
- “The healing faith of Czestochowa confronted the horrors of Auschwitz in the life of Saint Maximilian Kolbe.” Poland’s Piles of Crutches
- “Las Vegas has rediscovered a sort of architectural genius.” The Gravity of a Sphere
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.