Good morning, kids. On Friday, I had a bit of a semi-heated exchange with friend and cob CBD over one of my asides in the links. Specifically, it was about Ron DeSantis claiming he was going to start “slitting throats on day one” vis a vis going after the Deep State. My retort about DeSantis perhaps having more credibility in this regard if he unequivocally denounced what is being done to Trump by said Deep State was what CBD took umbrage to.
Oh…bullsh*t! Trump has been the epitome of nasty and sleazy in his dealings with DeSantis. What you want is for DeSantis to obey Reagan’s 11th Commandment, but give Trump a pass.
It’s a fair point, as indicated by my response:
Aye, and there’s the rub. This is NOT politics as usual. While I agree that Trump has been a pretty loud asshole about a lot of things to his detriment, what is being done to him is an absolute abomination that rises way above this crap.
I do stand by my assertion but, and I do concede that Trump is equally guilty in a sense of going on the offensive against his opponents as if this were ordinary retail business as usual.
Does he not realize this? I guess not. So I do concede that your anger is not unjustified, CBD.
For sure, this is not politics as usual. In a bizarre way, as I stated, I don’t even think Trump gets this. Or if he does get it, he’s going through the motions as if it is no big deal. That’s what’s so frustrating about this whole situation. Of all the people to have as a leader of a movement, the good news is it’s Trump. It’s also the bad news. About the only person on the campaign trail who does get it is Red Meat Ramaswamy, and strangely enough to a much lesser extent RFK Jr.
They have stolen elections, staged an insurrection (oh hell yes indeed they did), persecuted and imprisoned citizens, censored legitimate journalists, and are using the instrumentalities of a thoroughly corrupt criminal justice system and the rest of the bureaucracy to kneecap their prime political rival.
Let me state that while there are number of things that irk me about Trump, I am not 100% sold on DeSantis and, aside from Ramaswamy, every other candidate in the GOP field is a complete non-starter. Yet, that presupposes looking at where we are as if it’s just another election. I think we all have to break out of this mindset. And the one person who has to do that is Trump himself:
For me, the no-longer-American justice system crossed the Rubicon when they raided a former president’s private home. That was unprecedented and tragic enough for me to lose my respect for the DOJ. And naturally, once our country tilted over the top of the waterfall, it has only picked up speed on its plunge to the disastrous chasm below.
It’s time for former — and possibly future — President Trump to grab that branch that’s sticking out halfway down and refuse to fall any further.
In Fulton County, Ga. — which was featured prominently in the film “2000 Mules” for likely illegal ballot harvesting — despicable and racialist Soros DA Fani Willis has been working on her own Get Trump! indictment. And as if the entire world doesn’t know who Donald Trump is, Fulton County Sheriff Pat Labat has promised to, at long last, secure that coveted mug shot.
“Unless somebody tells me differently, we are following our normal practices, and so it doesn’t matter your status, we’ll have a mugshot ready for you,” vowed Labat on Wednesday.
Folks, we’ve entered the part of the drama where the evil ghouls shave off Aslan’s majestic mane and mock him on the way to his slaughter. Trump is dutifully visiting the stations of the cross he bears. But Trump isn’t Jesus — he’s a lion, not a lamb — and there’s no reason why he should take one more choreographed step in the Left’s disgusting dance. It’s not fair, so let’s stop pretending it is.
What if Trump simply says, “No?”
Remember, we’re cascading down the face of the cliff at this point. Every step of the way will become increasingly debasing and humiliating for the former President of the United States and front-running candidate for office in 2024 (who is, after all, the representative of the political will of half the country — you and me). What if Trump simply refuses to show up for Fani’s hate-indictment arraignment and Labat’s cuffs-and-mugshot routine?
I would pay good money to see the look of frustrated rage on the Leftists’ faces when they realize he’s not coming. Trump should force their hand. Make them send armed forces to arrest him like the thugs they are. Show the captivated world that yes, it’s true — America is gone, replaced by just another failing fascist state.
That’s just it; America is gone. This game of “Let’s Pretend” is not only not getting us anywhere, it has the adverse affect of reinforcing this meme that everything over the past three years, and longer really, is the way things are supposed to be, and we who stand in defiance of that are worse than cancer and Hitler combined in refusing to go along with it.
It matters not a whit who the candidate is in 2024. The Democrats are already perfectly positioned to steal that election in the same swing states and districts that threw it to them in 2020. The GOP is perfectly positioned – pants down and grasping ankles – to do nothing to stop it, before or after the fact. Ditto most likely the judiciary.
Even if our candidate does manage to overcome what will be an even more insane margin of fraud (85 million ballots? 90? 100 million?), do you think that the bureaucracy will not engage in mass insubordination as it did between 2017 and 2020, even if the cabinet is comprised of absolute loyalists to GOP President Whoever?
Do you even think that this Junta is even going to let GOP President Whoever take office without claiming that the election was stolen, with mass rioting as well as a thoroughly corrupt military ready to arrest said President-elect, his transition team and then outlaw and imprison the Republican Party and its constituents en masse?
They are never going to allow Trump or DeSantis or Ramaswamy to take control, let alone win an election.
Trump indeed has nothing to lose by not cooperating and forcing the Junta to arrest him. If Trump is in Florida, DeSantis has quite a bit to gain by refusing to hand him over should the FBI Gestapo come after him.
Unfortunately, both see fit to play along with this madness and go after each other while the GOP sticks its collective head up its ass as well. But if either or both of them call the Junta’s bluff – and all things considered it’s a very risky proposition – that’s when things can get interesting to say the least.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- “The story has morphed into a shared myth that all Canadians are expected to affirm.” Why Canada Is Criminalizing Dissent
- “Tomorrow, Ohioans will vote on an attemept by pro-abortion forces to carry out an end-run around the state constitution.” Ohio’s August 8 Referendum and ‘Democracy’
BIDEN CRIME FAMILY REVELATIONS
- Clarice Feldman: “It’s beginning to look as if Barack Obama knew of Hunter’s corruption and the danger it posed to national security and did nothing about it.” The Machinery of Government is Coated with Gunk
- Roger Kimball: “Unfortunately for The Narrative, folks aren’t buying what they’re selling.”Joe Biden’s Weather Report
- “Shokin claimed that since the United States has one of the best intelligence agencies in the world, it was widely believed his investigation into Burisma was being monitored by American officials by both legal and illegal means. ‘We have to believe that Mr. Biden was told that we were going to start questioning his son, Archer and others all involved in the Burisma case,’ Shokin states in the video.” Video Resurfaces Of Ukrainian Prosecutor Joe Biden Bragged About Having Fired
- “Some say impeaching Joe Biden is pointless, but there are myriad reasons that impeachment is the best thing Republicans can do for America.” The Essential Impeachment
- “Some father-son duos bond over fishing and golf — others seek solace in some good old-fashioned influence-peddling, apparently.” (a loving father . . . just like Vito Corleone and Saddam Hussein – jjs) The ‘Loving Father’ Excuse For Joe Biden’s Role In Pay-For-Play Biz Is Gross
SHAMPEACHMENT 1.0, 2016 CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- “Don’t go to Georgia, Mr. President. Just say no.” What If Trump Stops Playing Along?
- Naomi Wolf: “In a Deep Blue state, recoiling from the celebrations.” Happy Indictment Day!
- “Trump is being punished for refusing to recant his belief that 2020 was fatally corrupted and that Biden is illegitimate.” Who Are Democrats Kidding? Of Course Trump Indictment is Political
- “The foreign-born, Obama-appointed Judge Chutkan donated several thousand to Barack Obama’s presidential campaign in 2008 and acted as the “hardest” judge overseeing the prosecution of Jan 6 protestors, even exceeding the Department of Justice’s sentencing recommendations, it was revealed earlier this week.” ‘Crazy’ Trump Thinks a BLM-Loving, Obama Donor/Appointee Judge Might be Biased Against Him!
- “The 2020 election indictment against Trump is just the latest example.” Biden’s Assault on the Constitution
- “The Trump indictments and weaponized justice can only mean America, R.I.P.” Democrats Are Dancing the Totalitarian Two-Step
- Horrid fat fuck. Bill Barr: ‘Of Course’ I Would Testify Against Trump at January 6 Trial
- What a piece of shit. Pence Says He Would Testify Against Trump in Jan. 6 Trial: ‘We’ll Obey The Law’
- Betsy McCaughey: “If the government were trying to lock you up for the rest of your life, you’d have a lot to say too. Trying to muzzle any defendant goes contrary to what the Bill of Rights and two centuries of American law stand for: putting the rights of the defendant ahead of any other considerations.” Trump Prosecutor Jack Smith Would Rip Up Americans’ Right to Free Speech
- “Before yielding to despair about the latest in the left’s lawfare attacks on Trump, it’s worth considering the boomerang effect that may have on the Democrats.” Five (Possibly) Good Things from the Trump Indictments
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- Daniel Greenfield: “Will the next race riots be Made in China?” China Recruits BLM to Protest for Slavery
- “The racial lens through which NPR produces coverage has driven government-funded pundits to produce bizarre takes on race.” Is NPR Trying to Start a Race War?
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “If you were unfairly treated by your employer due to posting or liking something on this platform, we will fund your legal bill,” Musk said. “No limit. Please let us know.” Elon Musk Vows to Go to War Against Companies That Punish Employees for Activity on X
- “They even predict Trump will win the election.” Videos: CNN Admits Joe Biden’s Poll Numbers “Stink” And Trump Is In “Historically Strong Position”
- “The requirement of accreditation by a press gallery in either the U.S. Congress or the Supreme Court appears to be an effort to purge smaller, regional news outlets who cannot afford enough reporters to continually cover both the White House and another branch of government.” Biden White House Strips Press Passes for 442 Reporters
- “Matthew [in-] Continetti: The Washington Post‘s go-to authority on conservatism.” Getting Conservative History Straight
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “We hope it takes him down before it takes the entire nation down.” (probably too late – jjs)Sorry Joe, But It’s Bidenomics That Has Never Worked
- And for those that like to chew their tongues while they talk and play the “It’s Still Lower Than It Was Last Year” game, the average price of a gallon of regular gas was $2.168/gal. in 2020, before the current regime took over, according to statistics from the U.S. Energy Information Administration. (but Trump said “pussy” – jjs) Pain at the Pump: Nat’l Avg. for a Gallon of Gas Up 30 Cents in a Month
- “Presidents [legit and otherwise] and politicians have ignored the serious fiscal problems within our nation — and we will soon face a reckoning.” America’s Debt Rating Downgrade Shows Washington Is Still Building Back Bankrupt
- “There is currently $101.3 billion in circulation, which marks the lowest amount since 2019.”Australia Moves Toward Cashless Society
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, DEMOCRAT-LEFT WAR ON FOSSIL FUELS, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “Secretary Granholm’s multiple closed-door meetings with a CCP-connected energy official raise serious questions about the level of Chinese influence on the Biden administration’s energy agenda,” APT Executive Director Caitlin Sutherland told Fox News Digital, an “energy agenda” that can be summarized with just one chart . . .” (miserable inept cvnt – jjs) Biden Energy Secretary Secretly Consulted Top Chinese Energy Official Before SPR Release, Sales To Hunter Biden-Linked Chinese Energy Giant
- “Some good news from the world of science: Researchers make discovery that could lead to safer lithium-metal batteries.” Cargo Ship Transporting Nearly 500 EVs Burns for a Week before Being Towed into Port
- Clarice Feldman: “Black ’47 was not a how-to manual.” Dying to Save the Planet
- “At that same time that people are beginning to notice how climate predictions keep failing, the usual suspects become ever more hysterical.” “Global Warming” Morphs Into “Global Boiling” as the Global Climate Hoax Turns Up the Heat
- “. . . all our innovation, future abundance and creativity have been sacrificed to the fraudulent Climate Gods. Cui bono?” ‘Climate’ and Capitalism: a Match Made in Hell
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “In a 2-1 decision, Clinton-appointed judges William Fletcher and Richard Paez of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit issued the stay and ordered the appeal expedited. Biden’s policy prohibits some migrants from applying for asylum if they did not first apply for protections from other countries while traveling to the United States. Biden’s policy went into effect on May 12 and was slated to have a two-year lifespan. The [so-called quote-unquote “president”] announced this policy after his administration ended Title 42.”Appeals Court Allows Biden Junta Asylum Rule to Stay in Place
- “The town of El Pedernal is now littered with big mansions that have the San Francisco 49ers logo on them, thanks to the influence of the US city on the small Honduran town.”Honduran Mansions Built with Funds from San Francisco Drug Rings
- “Extending the franchise to noncitizens will distort New York City’s politics.” Migrants Shouldn’t Be Allowed to Vote (they shouldn’t be allowed to be here in the first place! – jjs)
- “All of these objections stand as evidence that those lodging them know deep down that this marine barrier is going to be highly impactful and an effective game changer on river crossing. If they believed otherwise – that it won’t work – they’d simply go home smirking,” Center for Immigration Studies Senior National Security Fellow Todd Bensman told the Daily Caller News Foundation. Here are Some of the Unexpected Gripes with Greg Abbott’s Buoy Border Barrier
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “The mayhem in New York City’s Union Square Friday afternoon put further focus on the hold social media influencers have on the people who follow and fawn over them.” Twitch Streamer Kai Cenat Faces Charges of Inciting Riot After Thousands of Fans Cause Mayhem in NYC
- “If you remove the ‘negative incentive’ for shoplifting, you end up with a lot fewer retail stores. But then, the kids have suffered under a racist system, so maybe we could see this minor crime as reparations, right?” New York Raised the Age of Criminal Liability to 18. You Can Imagine How That Turned Out
- “Multiple Instagram videos, posted by @yo_folkers, show the robbery and subsequent stopping of the robbery by two employees of the establishment.” No Crying Over Spilled Cigarettes: Robber Cries After Being Beaten by Two 7-11 Employees
- “Oregon’s decriminalization law has transformed large parts of Portland’s downtown into an open-air drug market.” This Is Your City on Fentanyl
- “A city crumbles under a wave of anarchy and crime.” When Portland Died
AMERICA AND THE WORLD IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- Robert Zimmerman: “Rather than forcing these future doctors to think critically, the university demanded that Moon encourage them to be close-minded, to shelter them from dissenting views. What is worse is that Washington State’s actions are the rule among academia today, not the exception.Lord help the sick of the future when placed under the care of this future generation. The generation will not know much, and will be unable to think clearly enough to figure out what it doesn’t know.” Today’s blacklisted American: Pediatrician fired for raising questions about Chinese COVID jab at public meeting
- “How many got harmed due to biased or suppressed [Chinese] COVID coverage, and how can we trust media on this or any other issue in future?” A Reckoning on Chinese COVID Coverage
- One of the Pfizer representatives did say that the pharma corporation “always abides by all of the laws and regulations of the markets in which it is operates,” but this is factually inaccurate, with the company having paid massive fines in the United States for illegally promoting drugs and causing false claims to be submitted to government health care programs, for example. Pfizer Reveals Special Batches of Vaccine Imported for Its Staff
- “Gun control doesn’t bring down crime, but it does make potential victims more vulnerable. Thomas Jefferson pinpointed the main issue with gun control long ago.” Gun-Grabbing Dems Want 1000% Tax on AR-15s
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “The group is funding programs and curricula that are inappropriate for children and certainly inappropriate for classrooms in public schools. The fact that they funded a program for a public school to work with the anti-Catholic organization Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence shows that the group is more than willing to work with those who practice bigotry against Americans who think and believe differently from them.” Homo-Pervert LGBTQ Activist Org Awards Thousands To Schools Across The Country To Promote Gender Ideology
- “This is a great step in the right direction for stopping public schools from indoctrinating and damaging the kids they’re supposed to protect.” Iowa School District Reviews 374 Books Flagged For Inappropriate Content
- “LeBron and those running I Promise assumed the leftist premise that low-performing kids are victims of systemic injustices and could easily succeed if those obstacles were removed.” (see also CBD’s excellent thread from yesterday – jjs) LeBron James’ School Flop Proves Money Can’t Buy Student Success
- “An assistant principal accused her of not supporting ‘equal opportunity.’” Chicago Public Schools Employee Fired for Objecting to Student Drag Show
- “Illinois law penalizes advocating against abortion: ‘SB 1909 is both stupid and very likely unconstitutional.’” Judge Halts Illinois Law Targeting Pregnancy Crisis Centers, Infringing Pro-Life Speech
THE 2020 AND 2022ELECTION HEISTS & AFTERMATH
- “It doesn’t require anything complicated. Just one simple set of government numbers give more than enough reason to wonder.” Still Doubting the 2020 Election
- “The left’s leading ‘defender of democracy’ is no superhero. Even the DNC knows it.” The Left’s Election Litigation Racket Abuses Democracy To Line Their Own Pockets
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “While acknowledging that Obama’s embrace of a Black identity had created some degree of distance between the couple, she insisted that what upset her that day was Obama’s inability to condemn Cokely’s comments.” “It was not Obama’s Blackness that bothered her, but that he would not condemn antisemitism,” Samuels added. Did Obama Refuse to Condemn Anti-Semitism and Black Nationalism? Resurfaced Biography Says Yes
- “It was a six year struggle for the Gibson family, which saw Grandpa Allyn Gibson and David Gibson pass away after the trial but before the appeals were concluded.” Oberlin College Sues Insurers for Refusing to Cover $36 Million It Paid Gibson’s Bakery for Defamation and Other Torts
- “They are complicit in their own persecution.” War on Catholics Continues: Churches and Crucifixes Desecrated
DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- “The AG has been subjected to longstanding prosecutorial misconduct in still-pending criminal proceedings.” In Texas, Ken Paxton Faces a ‘Ham Sandwich’ Impeachment
- “The party of ‘diversity’ has a clear preference for privileged whites.” Affirmative White Supremacy: Democrats Really Don’t Want Black Candidates Winning Primaries
- “Trump, who is currently leading by far in the GOP primary and in many cases leading or tied with incumbent Democrat [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Joe Biden in general election surveys, said he is confident and hopeful he will be able to hang on and win another term in the White House.” Trump in Long-Form Video Special: Former President Lays Out Policy Vision for Country Upon Return to Office
- “I’m not going to insult somebody’s looks or somebody’s dress or something like that,” DeSantis added. “I wouldn’t teach my kids to treat people like that.” DeSantis at NH Town Hall: Trump “Running in 2024 on the Things That He Promised to Do in 2016 and Didn’t Do”
- Thad McCotter: “Part Three – The Republican Waiver Wire” Major League Inside Politics Nears the Trade Deadline
- “Because small donors are a proxy for enthusiasm, if people aren’t concerned about the drop-off in contributions, then they just aren’t paying attention or whistling past the graveyard.” Grassroots Fundraising for Biden and Democrats is Hitting a Wall
- “Ramaswamy has punched his ticket.” Ramaswamy Donor Memo: ‘Vivek on Track To Eclipse DeSantis’
- “You could do worse than the South Carolina senator, but do you really want ‘a George W. Bush-style conservative’ in 2024?” Not Scott
- According to the poll, 45% of GOP primary voters have an unfavorable view of Chris Christie, and only 24% have a favorable opinion of him. It’s hard to imagine how he actually qualifies for the first debate, but it doesn’t really matter because his base of support is so small that he’s irrelevant anyway. Chris Christie: The Biggest Loser
- “Jackson’s ‘rainbow coalition’ of minorities, gays and lesbians, and whites with graduate degrees now forms the bedrock of a party that for many years mostly tolerated him as a necessary evil.” How Jesse Jackson Remade the Democrat Party
- Johnson is one of eight candidates to pass the threshold for the RNC debate, including former President Donald Trump, Ron DeSantis, Tim Scott, Nikki Haley, Vivek Ramaswamy, Chris Christie, and Doug Burgum. Mike Pence, however, is struggling to reach the threshold, admitting in a recent CNN interview, “We’re not there yet.” He claims to have amassed over 30,000 so far. Comedy Gold! Perry Johnson, Whoever That Is, Beats Mike Pence to RNC Debate Threshold
- “If she resigns, Gov. Gavin Newsom has already pledged to appoint a black woman to the seat.” California Democrats Play Affirmative Action Games Over Feinstein Senate Seat
- “A total cluster in that primary.” Who Will Succeed Georgia Republican Gov. Brian Kemp In 2026?
* * * * *
- Lloyd Billingsley: “’He’s not normal—as in not a normal politician or a normal human being.’ That was David Garrow, author of the 1460-page Rising Star: The Making of Barack Obama, in a recent rambling interview with Tablet’s David Samuels.” The Obama Factor
- “Less and less add up in the case of Obama’s drowned chef.” Did Obama’s Chef Drown in Three Feet of Water
THE UKRAINIAN “FRONT”
- “As voters stare down a looming recession, another forever war is just not on their list of priorities.” Americans Don’t Want a Forever War in Ukraine
- Female soldiers in Ukraine have previously reported how shodddy equipment and a lack of supplies necessary for personal hygiene, such as diapers and urination devices, have left them vulnerable in the field and suffering from “a bouquet of health issues,” particularly “cystitis [and] inflammation of the ovaries and back pain.” Ukraine Commander Sending Husbands of Female Soldiers Who Won’t Have Sex with Him to Die
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “From reclaiming farmland and building ships to massive investment in foreign countries and in AI, all signs point to war readiness.” China is Preparing for War – Are We?
- “Will normalizing the Kingdom’s ties with Israel change the world?” What Price Should Israel Pay for Saudis Joining the Abraham Accords?
- “An unchecked high court should overrule voters who won’t honor the left’s superior judgement.” Israel’s Left Wants Unlimited Power
- Robert Spencer: “It’s not about establishing a Palestinian state, says Sami al-Arian.”Deported Jihad Mastermind Reveals What the “Palestinian” Cause is Really All About
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “The incident marks an improvement in the U.S. response compared to a similar event the previous summer in which the Chinese and Russian navies maneuvered off the Alaskan coast. Senator Sullivan voiced his satisfaction with the more robust reaction this time, as opposed to the ‘tepid’ previous response from the U.S. government, emphasizing the importance of protecting vital national interests.” Russian, Chinese Warships Operating In Alaskan Waters, US Dispatches Destroyers In Response
- The official, according to the DOJ, requested Wei “provide information about the U.S.S. Essex and other Navy ships,” including “photos, videos and documents concerning U.S. Navy ships and their systems.” The agency says that Wei possessed a security clearance and had access to data on the Essex’s weapons and propulsion systems while serving on the ship. (is it any worse than what Bill and Hillary did with Loral Space? – jjs) Navy Sailors Indicted For Sending ‘Sensitive’ U.S. Military Data To Chinese Government
- “Jihadis don’t always have to use actual violence; the threat of it is often enough.”Conceding to Jihad
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE COURTS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE
- “How could 6,000 shelter beds be unoccupied?” The Los Angeles Humanitarian Crisis Right Before Your Eyes
HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE
- “There have been over 150 cyberattacks on hospitals this year.” Cyberattack Slams Hospitals, Ambulances, and Health Care Facilities in Several States
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “Dem governor has used claim to defend veto of bill that bans youth transgender surgeries.”Kentucky Clinic Refutes Andy Beshear’s Claim That Youth Gender Reassignment Surgeries ‘Don’t Happen’ in State
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- In an interview after the dramatic finish to the contest staged in Melbourne, Australia, Rapinoe said: “I mean, this is like a sick joke. For me personally, this is like dark comedy that I missed a penalty. This is the balance to the beautiful side of the game. I think it can be cruel.” (Your worthless existence is the sick joke – jjs) ‘Sick Joke’: Megan Rapinoe Ends Her Career with Missed Penalty Kick that Costs U.S. the World Cup
- Robert Spencer: “The real game here isn’t football; it’s faux victimhood and the bogus claims of bigotry that fuel all the posturing. In that game, Colin Kaepernick is a sure hall-of-famer.” Here’s the Real Game Colin Kaepernick Is Playing. It’s Not Football.
- DeSantis responded to the league on X, formerly known as Twitter, saying, “It appears the NBA took a break from protesting our anthem and bending the knee to Communist China to chirp about my policies.” NBA Fouls Out With Attack on Orlando Magic’s Donation to a DeSantis Super PAC
- “My ancestors would’ve rolled over in their graves.” Anheuser-Busch Heir Blasts Dylan Mulvaney Ad
- Christian Toto: “Mouse House’s cruel dismissal of Mandalorian star back in the spotlight.”Will Elon Musk Fight Disney on Gina Carano’s Behalf?
- “The war against wokeness is not just a culture war.” Let Them Eat Anti-Wokeness
- “Greta Gerwig set out to film a feminist screed; instead she gave women permission to be themselves.” Barbie and the Triumph of the Feminine
- “Wokesters are now targeting Raymond Chandler for all his ‘bad’ words.” The Big Woke
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.