Good morning, kids. Travel day for me as I depart NYC for southern Wisconsin this morning. Bittersweet as I’m sure you can imagine and can infer from my post from yesterday afternoon(please do not comment on older threads lest ye be unintentionally banned).
Continuing on with the aftermath of the Maui wildfires, when asked his reactions, Joey Sponge-Brain Shits-Pants displayed a level of coldness and callousness that was striking, even for a degenerate, venal criminal of his ilk.
It should’ve been the easiest thing in the world for staff to set up a podium at the beach this weekend for [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Joe Biden to offer some heartfelt sympathy for the victims and survivors of the horrific Maui wildfire. Instead, all America got was a stony presidential “no comment” reply late Sunday to a reporter’s question on the ever-rising death toll (then already 93), following an afternoon Biden had spent schmoozing, picnicking and lounging at his Rehoboth beach refuge.
Asked earlier that day about a visit to the disaster area, he’d given a curt “We’re looking at it,” which followed White House noise about not wanting to get in the way on-site. This, to what’s already the deadliest US fire toll in over a century. Andfollowing his failure to show at East Palestine, Ohio after the horror there in the spring.
Even after exiting his chopper back in DC on Monday, he offered nothing — though, again, setting up a podium for some fast remarks would’ve been 15 minutes’ work. If his staff is that afraid of letting him speak spontaneously in front of a few cameras, his foot-in-mouth disease is even worse than we’d thought.
Only later on Monday did Team Biden finally get around to offering a substantive, sympathetic comment on the nightmare.
Via X (ex-Twitter). A guy famed for his supposed empathy couldn’t offer more than six heartless words total on a terrible tragedy — not as long as he was on vacation. (In all, he’d been two weeks at the beach, with four days scattered back at the White House.) [Spurious] Vice President Kamala Harris, meanwhile, spent the weekend at a $10,000-per-ticket fundraiser in Martha’s Vineyard.
1 – Biden’s “empathy” is fake: a shtick he mastered long ago, not an actual lodestar for his actions or thoughts.
2 – Biden and Harris know they’ll still win the electoral votes of hyper-Democratic Hawaii come November 2024, and that’s all they really care about.
Just as with the refusal to cut New York one single break on the migrant crisis, this crew can’t be bothered to care unless its own interests are threatened.
As to that last sentence, there is another NY Post link in the Amnesty/Immigration section about leading Democrats supposedly all outraged at the junta for their lack of response to the catastrophe of its intentional erasure of our border and immigration laws. The only reason is of course purely political; they have always been for open borders except for the fact that the disastrous results that anyone with eyes to see that came so fast and furious are turning off their base big time. It’s also a convenient excuse to lay the groundwork to get rid of Biden and Harris at the appropriate time which I believe they are desperate to do. But I digress.
Psaki-psircling back, Joey could care less about East Palestine because the residents are his enemies. Perhaps worse is that he doesn’t have to care about the residents of Maui because it and the state in general are a complete lock, and have always been a complete lock, for Democrats in virtually every election since 1988.
The 98-page, 41-count indictment handed down by a Fulton County, Georgia, grand jury on Monday evening charges former President Donald Trump, his lawyers, and his campaign aides with multiple crimes for a nationwide challenge to the 2020 vote.
The indictment was released close to midnight on Monday after a rushed grand jury process that took just one day to consider a complicated set of allegations involving 19 defendants, including the president, across a wide array of states and jurisdictions.
Other “acts” that are referred to as furthering the conspiracy include tweets by then-President Trump encouraging people to watch public hearings in which allegations of voting irregularities were being made by Trump’s lawyers and witnesses. . .
. . . The indictment came just hours after a document was prematurely posted on the Fulton County court’s website, listing nearly 40 counts. The document was deleted, and officials claimed it was a “fictitious” document — a claim many observers later contested.
Notably, while the indictment refers several times to statements made by the defendants to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, it does not refer to an oft-misquoted statement by Trump that ““I just want to find 11,780 votes.”
Willis declined to answer questions about the “fictitious” document, claiming not to know about it and claiming not to know about the administrative duties of a county clerk who might have led to the document being uploaded earlier in the day.
For the umpteenth time, say what you will about Trump’s style, his judgement, or as some think lack thereof on both counts, but what exactly was the crime or crimes committed in vocally and peacefully protesting what he and at least half the country thought (and know for a fact) was a stolen election?
I guess the First Amendment is now completely null and void – unless of course you are a Democrat, Leftist or someone whose words do not go against and bolsters the latter’s orthodoxy, shibboleths, memes and official story. Funny how there were no indictments slammed on Al Gore, John Kerry, Hillary Clinton or, more to the point the Georgian gas giant Stacey “Tank” Abrams from Willis for literally usurping the title of governor of the state, claiming Brian Kemp was illegitimate and fomenting the same kind of doubt about that election that supposedly Trump did in the wake of 2020. She gets treated like a heroine/freedom fighter and Trump a pariah/insurrectionist.
Regardless of the insanity of Abrams’ claim, or more crucially the veracity of Trump’s, the salient point is the right to make those claims publicly is absolutely protected under the 1-A. No crime at all was committed. But tell that to Willis. And Smith. And Bragg. And Garland. And the J-6 Kangaroo Kommittee. And Mueller. And on and on and on.
On August 11, 2023 the entire police department of Marion, Kansas, performed a Gestapo-like raid of the home of 98-year-old Joan Meyer, co-owner of the local newspaper, the Marion County Record, resulting in her death from a heart attack the next day.
And why? All the evidence suggests this is a case of a local businesswoman working in teamwork with the police and a local judge to harass and destroy a newspaper . . .
According to Meyer, a retired University of Illinois journalism professor, the raid came after a confidential source leaked sensitive documents to the newspaper about local restaurateur Kari Newell. The source, Meyer said, provided evidence that Newell had been convicted of DUI and was driving without a license—a fact that could spell trouble for her liquor license and catering business.
Meyer, however, said he ultimately decided not to publish the story about Newell after questioning the motivations of the source. Instead, he said, he alerted the police about the information. “We thought we were being set up,” Meyer said about the confidential information.
. . . If Newell hoped to keep her DUI and illegal driving out of the public scrutiny by setting the police on this newspaper, she has failed horribly. Instead, these goon-like tactics — resulting in the death of an old woman — have encouraged every media source nationwide to publicize it.
Moreover, this was an a priori attack. This term was once known by every American, when freedom of speech and the rule of law dominated our culture. The government and police were not allowed to take an action unless a crime had actually been committed. It was considered not only illegal to act against someone because that person might commit a crime, it was considered immoral and unethical. For a police department to do it as recently as fifteen years ago would have gotten it in big legal and financial trouble. No longer.
“. . . when freedom of speech and the rule of law dominated our culture.”
Whether it did or didn’t and to what extent is debatable. But the illusion of the powers that be in and out of government “disapproving with what you have to say but defending to the death your right to say it” has been completely exploded, as the actions against Trump in this case, and against people from all walks of life on a panoply of issues now thoroughly demonstrates.
Even more alarmingly is that a growing percentage of the populace in general approves of this muzzling of opinions they disagree with, or anything that disabuses them of their delusions about how the world and our society works, or is supposed to work.
I’ll be posting more or less at the usual time after today. Thanks for bearing with me.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- “There is a whole lot of the story the spooks don’t want us to see. . . The CIA has no answer it cares to make public a full six decades after Kennedy’s murder.” How the CIA Controls the Past
- Daniel Greenfield: “To lie and be believed has become the only right.” American Unreality
BIDEN CRIME FAMILY REVELATIONS
- Victor Davis Hanson: “What is the long-term Democrat strategy that requires such short-term malodorous skullduggery?” Joe Biden’s Race Against the Truth
- “Biden just months ago condemned dark money as a threat to democracy.” Biden’s Favorite Super PAC Used Illegal Scheme to Conceal Its Donors, Experts Say
- “The man behind the failed plea deal to protect Hunter Biden should not be leading the investigation into his misdeeds.” David Weiss: A Not So Special Counsel
SHAMPEACHMENT 1.0, 2016 CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- Among those indicted include former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, former Georgia Republican Party Chairman David Shafer, and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R). Donald Trump and 18 Co-Defendants Indicted on 41 Charges
- “The indictment does not fundamentally concern actions taken in Georgia, but describes words spoken and actions taken by the Trump campaign in a variety of other states in their efforts to cast doubt on the controversial 2020 presidential election.” (What part of the First Amendment do they not understand?! Rhetorical question – jjs) Georgia Indictment Charges Trump, Lawyers, Aides for Speech Violations, Nationwide “Conspiracy”
- “The DA said that her aim is to try all 19 defendants together. She also refused to discuss any correlation to the federal indictment against Trump, stating emphatically that she wouldn’t comment on the county’s investigation.” Fulton County DA Fani Willis Speaks to Reporters About Trump Indictment: “The Law Is Non-Partisan!”
- “. . . a bizarre, unexplained act that at least one critic says violated Trump’s constitutional rights to due process of law.” Klown Kourt: Fulton County Court Publishes, Removes Trump Indictment; ‘Due Process Violation’
- Lloyd Billingsley: “With William Barr as Andrei Vyshinsky.” Biden Junta Goes Full-on Stalinist Against Trump
- Hat tip commenter MTF, who says: Here’s what I dream of Donald Trump saying when he stands trial on bogus charges proffered by his political opponents: “I do not recognize this court’s right to try me … I do not recognize my action as a crime.” Justice Shrugged: The Persecution of Donald Trump
- “This previous incident sets a precedent for Chutkan’s removal from the Trump J6 trial, according to Devin Nunes and Kash Patel, who successfully litigated against Fusion GPS under Chutkan’s oversight.” Trump J6 Judge Worked at Fusion GPS, Burisma Law Firm
- “An indictment against Trump by the Fulton County DA was expected to drop this week, but the leaked or faked document will certainly harm the credibility of the investigation, which was already mired in conflicting accounts and details.” Something Weird Is Going on in Fulton County, Where Trump Is Expected to Be Indicted
- “Merchan, who presided over the trial involving The Trump Organization last year as well as the case against Trump advisor Stephen K. Bannon, donated to Joe Biden’s presidential campaign while his daughter currently works for a marketing firm which helps Democrat Party candidates and openly campaigned for Kamala Harris in 2020.” Trump’s New York Judge – A Biden Donor – Refuses to Recuse Himself
- Byron York: “It’s transparently clear they will influence the 2024 election.” Why Wouldn’t Americans See Politics in Trump Indictments?
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- Robert Zimmerman: “Moreover, this was an a priori attack. This term was once known by every American, when freedom of speech and the rule of law dominated our culture. The government and police were not allowed to take an action unless a crime had actually been committed. It was considered not only illegal to act against someone because that person might commit a crime, it was considered immoral and unethical. For a police department to do it as recently as fifteen years ago would have gotten it in big legal and financial trouble. No longer.” Today’s Blacklisted American: Gestapo Police in Kansas Raid Home of 98-year-old Newspaper Owner, Causing Her Death
- “My core platform is to get in there and shut down the administrative deep state.” “Red Meat” Ramaswamy Vows to “Shut Down the Three-letter Agencies”
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- Federal Judge Terry Doughty’s opinion condemned the Biden [junta] for potentially “the most massive attack against free speech in United States’ history.” (hat tip commenter MTF – jjs) Biden Censors Battered — Expect an Epic Supreme Court Showdown
- “. . . And other things the media under-reported last week.” Nothing To See Here: Sketchy FBI, J6 Committee Misdeeds, and Fake Science, Oh My!
- “In this major case likely to hit the U.S. Supreme Court, the Biden [junta] is fighting to stop American citizens from sharing messages government officials don’t like.” 6 Takeaways from the Biden Junta’s Court Quest to Keep Censoring Americans Online
- “Working-class citizens suffer as told by numbers on small business, trucking, boxes.” Media Lies About ‘Bidenomics’
- Maybe I’m wrong, but it sure looks to me like Musk is willing to fight Zuck at almost any time or place, and that it’s Zuck making excuses. Perhaps most fascinating of all is Musk’s promise (threat?) on Sunday to “bang on his door tomorrow and demand to fight.” Stay tuned. Elon’s Got the Receipt Proving Zuck Chickened Out of Charity MMA Fight
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “They curry favor, and eat off our sweat and toil, without a moment’s notice to the lives they trample and the US Constitution they use as a doormat. Is it any wonder why some folks might not be too broken up about Yellow going belly-up?” After Taking $700 Million in Chinese COVID Aid, Giant Trucking Co. Goes Bankrupt Anyway
- “. . . regardless of what Japan’s inflation rate is currently compared to ours, the reality is that inflation is still a serious problem for American citizens. And by pretending that Biden’s economy is a point of self-congratulation for Democrats, the mainstream media and the Democrat party are ignoring facts and data.” Is ‘Decreasing’ Inflation a Clever Deception?
- “Biden said on Monday that his latest effort to cancel student loan debt is an example of one of the “alternative” paths his [junta] has taken to provide relief to several borrowers. . . Since Biden took office in January 2021, the Department of Education has forgiven over $116 billion in federal student loan debt held by more than 3.4 million students.” Biden Puppet-masters Move Forward With Illegal, Immoral Plan to Cancel $39 Billion in Student Loan Debt
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, DEMOCRAT-LEFT WAR ON FOSSIL FUELS, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “They just do not want the American people to know the real cost of their climate agenda is an economy permanently in contraction or without growth.” Climate Researchers Say Biden’s Green Growth Agenda Isn’t Realistic
- “They’re pushing it down our throats,” Lori Brock, a real estate agent in Michigan said of an IRA-subsidized Gotion battery plant set to be built in the Big Rapids area, according to Politico. “Why are we giving our tax money to China when we’re almost at war with China? Why aren’t we giving our tax money to an American company?” ‘Pushing It Down Our Throats’: Red State Locals Bristle At Incentives For Foreign Companies In Biden’s Signature Bill
- “Call us when it actually works.” Alberta to Wind and Solar: Not Just Now, Thanks
- John Stossel: “How ‘manufactured consensus’ happens.” The Fake Climate Consensus
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “Free housing, medical care will only embolden illegal immigrants, former ICE officials say.”Inside Biden’s Nearly $1 Billion Migrant Housing Plan
- Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz also demanded “full reimbursement by New York City to the town of Cheektowaga for all costs associated with securing these hotels.” NY Democrat: Erie County Won’t Take More Migrants After Second Alleged Assault Involving Asylum Seeker
- “From Massachusetts to Arizona. . . seven prominent liberal politicians and one Independent office holder who now say the President needs to do more to stem the flow of migrants to American cities.” Seven Prominent Democrats Turn on Biden Over Soft Border Polices: “Federal Crisis of Inaction”
AMERICA AND THE WORLD IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “Not only did EcoHealth help to create a ‘genetically manipulated virus,’ the lawsuit claims, it worked to cover up the origins of the outbreak.” Chinese COVID Victims’ Families Sue EcoHealth Alliance For ‘Funding, Releasing’ Virus
- “Illinois still sucks.” IL Gov. “Sitz-” Pritzker Signs Law Banning Firearms Advertising and Allows Victims to Sue Gun Manufacturers
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “How ‘liking’ right-wing tweets can end your career.” Thomas Jefferson University Euthanizes Academic Freedom
- “Numerous states have filed legislation attempting to eliminate DEI practices. States such as Florida and Texas have already enacted DEI bans, and many other states, such as Iowa, Missouri and Arizona are considering such legislation.” Red State University Reverses Course on Shuttering ‘Diversity, Equity and Inclusion’ Offices, Despite State Law
- “These schools are teacher’s union controlled indoctrination centers.” Beware the ‘Community Schools’ Trojan Horse
- Kennedy is known for frequently defecting from his party on national issues. Notably, the Democratic presidential candidate has gone against his party concerning the [Chinese] COVID-19 vaccine, which he does not support. RFK Jr. infamously said the virus may have been “ethnically targeted” to spare Chinese people and Ashkenazi Jews. RFK Jr. Flip Flops on Three-Month Abortion Ban
DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- “He leveraged this influence, in turn, to lobby Congress and regulatory agencies to support legislation and regulation he believed would make it easier for FTX to continue to accept customer deposits and grow.” FTX Founder “Bank-Fraud” Bankman-Fried Allegedly Used Over $100 Million in Customer Funds Towards Political Donations
- “Despite inaccurate media reporting, Trump’s legal expenses constitute a very real problem for his campaign.” Will Trump Donors Keep Funding His Legal Battles?
- No Labels is pitching its third-party candidate as an “insurance policy” in the event that there’s another matchup between [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump in 2024. With a 4-1 affirmative vote by North Carolina’s Board of Elections Sunday, the state joined Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, North Carolina, Oregon, South Dakota and Utah in granting the “unity ticket” ballot access, according to the press release. (no scruples – jjs) Third-Party Group Clinches Ballot Access In 10 States
- “Biden stands pat with a double-digit lead over potential Democrat challengers, but could a third-party challenge loom?” Even After Three Indictments, Trump Support Rises: I&I/TIPP Poll
- “Between MAGA-Trumpers, never-Trumpers, and those who just can’t vote Democrat, there is no unified Republican party.” The Republican Pseudo-Party
- “A Biden voter and non-fan of Donald Trump declines to play the derangement game.”Trump Can Win: 2024 Isn’t 2020
THE UKRAINIAN “FRONT”
- “Since that February CODEL, American support for Ukraine has started to dwindle. A recent poll found a majority of Americans oppose sending more aid to Ukraine.” Mitch McChi-Com: No ‘Time Limit’ on American Support for Ukraine
- “The results are not surprising, according to the study’s conductors, who argue that ‘Zelensky now has the kind of power that no one has had since the Communist era.’ Ukraine’s President is responsible for appointing security officials and controlling the government, he possesses an absolute majority in the parliament, and is in control of anti-corruption bodies.” Over 75% of Ukrainians Say Zelensky ‘Directly Responsible’ for Corruption
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- Milei, a Member of the Argentina Chamber of Deputies, ran a virulently anti-establishment campaign, promising voters “an end to the parasitic, corrupt and useless political caste that exists in this country.” Populist Javier Milei Triumphs in Argentine Primaries
- “The Pentagon contemplates placing U.S. military personnel aboard civilian shipping vessels traveling through the Strait of Hormuz.” Iran’s Piracy May Require the Tripoli Treatment
- “Another ‘Palestinian’ big lie.” “Palestinians” Complain Biden Junta Has Done Nothing For Them
- “What did Hungary hope to gain from stalling on approving Swedish NATO accession?”Hungary to Sweden: Don’t Bite the Hand that Accedes You
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE COURTS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE
- “After a couple hours on the Rehoboth beach, @potus was asked about the rising death toll in Hawaii. ‘No comment,’ he said before heading home,” tweeted Bloomberg White House reporter Justin Sink along with a photo of Biden on the beach surrounded by several people in beach chairs. Joe Biden Slammed for ‘Disgraceful’ Response to Hawaii Disaster: ‘Katrina Moment?’
- “We also want to make sure we are getting all of the appropriate information out to survivors,” Criswell said after explaining the administration’s “whole-of-government approach” to helping survivors. FEMA Boss Stresses Need For ‘Culturally Responsive’ Outreach In Fire-Stricken Maui
- “It should’ve been the easiest thing in the world for staff to set up a podium at the beach this weekend for [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Joe Biden to offer some heartfelt sympathy for the victims and survivors of the horrific Maui wildfire. Instead, all America got was a stony presidential “no comment” reply late Sunday to a reporter’s question on the ever-rising death toll (then already 93), following an afternoon Biden had spent schmoozing, picnicking and lounging at his Rehoboth beach refuge.” Joe Biden is Indifferent to the Maui Fires Because He’ll Win Hawaii Anyway
- “California could make a major dent in its homelessness problem merely by reversing some of its most destructive policies.” Solutions in Plain Sight
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “The announcement outlined very specific rules for the loan of the samples, including requirements that if any part of a sample needs to be destroyed to study it that action be videotaped in detail.” China makes available to the international community Chang’e-5’s lunar samples
- “A scientist at Northwestern University has used seventeen years of data to create the longest time-lapse movie yet of an exoplanet circling its star, Beta Pictoris, which is located 63 light years away.” Scientist creates longest time-lapse movie of exoplanet circling its star
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “Transgender individuals deserve respect. But there is a need for protection of sex-segregated spaces.” Lesbian Speed-Dating Event in London Called “Transphobic” After Barring
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “How out of touch do you have to be to rip apart a song that speaks to a disaffected group of people and says I get you, I hear you, I’m with you, you’re not alone, we’re in this together…?” National Review Executive Editor Attacks Oliver Anthony – ‘Don’t Understand Adulation’
- “Angsty rant comes after 76ers refused to honor Harden’s trade request, his third in four years.” On Visit to China, NBA Mediocrity James Harden Attacks League Exec Who Supported Hong Kong Freedom Protests
- “It seems as though companies just don’t get the memo: Go woke, go broke. If one had even a slight sense of business acumen, one would refrain from following the examples of other companies that have gone down the toilet.” Skittles Pulls a Bud Light
- Christian Toto: “Virginia crooner rocks iTunes charts with blue-collar anthems, protest songs.” Media Downplay Oliver Anthony’s Overnight Success (And We Know Why)
- “There are sure signs that American culture is turning a corner.” Culture Matters: Righting the American Ship
- “A screed against control by unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats.” “Rich Men North of Richmond” Is Authentic Voice of Populism
- “Oppenheimer mostly conforms to the Hollywood trope of treating communists as victims.”No Room for a Heroic Past
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.