Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelensky has been heralded as this century’s Winston Churchill: the brave leader of a nation fighting for freedom against a tyrannical, fascist foe. This makes it all the more embarrassing that he, along with the 338 members of Canada’s House of Commons, were made to stand up and applaud one Yaroslav Hunka, a 98-year-old veteran of the “First Ukrainian Division,” also known as the “SS Galichina,” or the 14th Waffen Grenadier Division, a military unit of Ukrainian volunteers for the Waffen SS—the paramilitary arm of the Nazi Party. The unit has been accused of war crimes in Poland, though news reports are as yet unclear on what the nature and extent of Hunka’s involvement was or the circumstances of his arrival in Canada.
Whatever we find out, one thing is certain: Vladimir Putin was handed a massive propaganda victory. He can now point to footage of a NATO member’s parliament honoring a Waffen SS veteran as proof of his narrative that Russia is fighting a sacred war against Western-backed Nazis in Ukraine. How could such a sorry spectacle have taken place? The answer points to contradictions within Canada’s multicultural settlement.
That paragraph kind of clues you in to the author’s attitude. For sure, Vladimir Putin is no choir boy. But the proposition that this is a propaganda victory for him misses the actual point, rising to the level of straw-man argument. Contrary to the real propaganda pumped out by western media, the Holodomar notwithstanding, Ukraine is not and has never been pure as the wind driven snow. A tragic, bloody history of pogroms, massacres and ethnic cleansing against Jews, Russians, Poles and others has been whitewashed in service to pushing an anti-Putin meme, the goal of which is to push the west into war with him.
Continuing with the more cromulent aspects of what otherwise is a good essay:
Canada is home to the largest Ukrainian population after Ukraine and Russia, and the high-profile presence of Ukrainian-Canadians in Canadian politics has led to a “special relationship” of sorts between Kiev and Ottawa. Canada was the first Western nation to recognize Ukrainian independence in 1991, and as soon as that independence was imperiled by Russia’s invasion in February 2022, Canada became a pillar of support for Ukraine’s cause.
At the center of this connection is Finance Minister and Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland, the most powerful figure in Justin Trudeau’s cabinet after the prime minister himself. A Rhodes Scholar and fluent Ukrainian speaker, Freeland was surveilled by the KGB on a student visit to the Soviet Union in the 1980s and marked as a nationalist agitator. She has followed in the footsteps of other prominent Ukrainian-Canadians, and may achieve even greater fame on the world stage as a possible future secretary-general of NATO. . .
. . . It is fair to say that Ukrainians have contributed mightily and positively to the making of modern Canada. Yet the celebration of diversity can also be a double-edged sword, particularly when constituent ethno-national identities are indulged to the point of overlooking—or even valorizing—aspects of them that may be radically at odds with the promise of harmonious multicultural coexistence.
Last week, an international incident drew attention to the presence of militant separatist movements within Canada’s Sikh community; such movements keep alive the ancient hatreds and political loyalties that immigrants are ostensibly supposed to leave at the door when they accept citizenship in a new country.
A militant nationalist undercurrent also runs through Ukrainian-Canadian political identity. For instance, journalists in recent years have pointed to monuments honoring Ukrainian Nazi collaborators scattered across Canada, put up by Ukrainian nationalist groups. Freeland’s maternal grandfather became the subject of controversy in 2017, when Russian-affiliated media amplified reports that he had been the editor of a Nazi collaborationist newspaper in occupied Krakow. While this had nothing to do with Freeland herself, it highlighted the unsavory historical baggage that many postwar Ukrainian immigrants brought with them from Europe. . .
. . . Multiculturalism can mean many things and may indeed contribute to the shaping of a larger national story. Yet the fashionable idea of Canada as a post-national amalgam has often caused its leaders to celebrate (with unexamined enthusiasm) various sub-national or extra-national identities, treating these as stand-ins for the solid, unifying symbols and standards of previous ages, and blinding them to the serious moral and historical complexities that come with the promotion of diversity as an end in itself. The unfortunate tale of Yaroslav Hunka’s standing ovation is only a particularly egregious illustration of how thoroughly the Canadian political class has been captured by this attitude. It won’t be the last.
Sorry, Michael Cuenco. Multiculturalism only means one thing: civil war and death. Yes, in the vast majority of cases, it’s healthy to be part of a community and with a diversity of people and cultures from different lands. I grew up in Brooklyn in the 60s and 70s and I consider myself lucky to have had a youth where I experienced exactly that. The difference is all those kids and their parents all lived or tried to live as Americans. Does E pluribus unum ring a bell? Contrary to leftist dogma, assimilation does not mean abandoning one’s heritage. In fact, their mission in decrying assimilation and doing everything in their power to prevent it is to destroy the American heritage, culture, history and traditions. Ditto what their Komrades up in Kanuckistan are doing.
Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland said Thursday that Canadian federal law enforcement has already begun cracking down on the financial accounts of individuals suspected of aiding “Freedom Convoy” protesters.
Freeland said in a press conference that the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) has referred a number of accounts that have subsequently been frozen by financial institutions. Freeland deflected a question on whether the frozen accounts belonged to any of the donors to fundraising campaigns on the platforms GoFundMe and GiveSendGo.
One reporter at the press conference questioned Frreeland: “I’m just wondering if the bank accounts will be targeted of individuals who donated to the GiveSendGo and GoFundMe campaigns? Are they considered designated people under the Emergencies Act, meaning that their credit cards could be cut and financial services are targeting them as well?”
Freeland responded: “The names of both individuals and entities as well as crypto wallets have been shared by the RCMP with financial institutions and accounts have been frozen and more accounts will be frozen. Crowdfunding platforms and payment service providers have started the registration process with [the Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada].”
The deputy prime minister, who also serves as Canada’s minister of finance, skirted the question on if the frozen accounts belonged to those donors who gave through GoFundMe and GiveSendGo. The latter was hacked earlier this week and the data of tens of thousands of Freedom Convoy donors leaked online.
“In terms of the specifics on whose accounts are being frozen, you now have the regulations. The financial service providers have those regulations now, as well, and they, working with law enforcement, will be making the operational decisions,” Freeland said.
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau invoked the Emergencies Act Monday as a “last resort” to break the protest that has continued in downtown Ottawa for roughly three weeks. The act, in addition to empowering law enforcement, authorized banks and other financial institutions to unilaterally freeze the accounts of any individual or entity suspected of aiding the protesters.
Days after the announcement and amid fears of a run on the banks, some of Canada’s largest financial institutions experienced an outage. The cause of the blackout has not yet been determined. The disruption blocked Canadians from accessing their bank accounts online for about an hour Wednesday afternoon.
Freeland does it like a boss. Hugo Boss, that is. Political persecution and retribution against enemies of the regime. And here she is, along with Fidel Castro’s bastard, giving a standing ovation to a commander from the Waffen SS responsible for butchering innocent people during World War 2.
Funny how we don’t hear any more that all this talk about the Azov Battalion being manned by anti-Semites is pro-Putin propaganda because Zelensky is Jewish. Turns out that that is exactly the case since it is historical fact that that unit was created as a part of the Waffen SS as an indigenous Ukrainian anti-Soviet formation. And this decrepit 98-year old Hunka shit was part of it or otherwise associated with or worked alongside it.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- Michael Walsh: “Why we don’t speak Hunnish today.” Invasion of the Nation-Snatchers
- “Unless the Supreme Court agrees to review a lower-court ruling, the rights of businesses and property owners to restrict trespassing will be dramatically curtailed.” Property Rights in the Balance
- “Sanctimony can’t make up for bad reporting.” Media Malpractice and the Murder of Andreas Probst
- “Is the historical concordance between Rome and America set in stone? Are we on the brink of losing our home? The question, like the Overton Window, remains only partially open.” The Decline and Fall of Home: Part One
- “America should be a bulwark against it, but it wasn’t during the pandemic.” (Meet the new boss, samizdat old boss – jjs) Censorship is Death of Science and Leads to Death of People
BIDEN CRIME FAMILY REVELATIONS
- “Pro-impeachment wing headed for the ‘boring’ and ‘complicated’ traps.” How Republicans Will Botch the Biden Impeachment
- “Everything changed when he put himself in DOJ’s crosshairs on October 7, 2022 and he was subsequently retaliated against for making protected whistleblower disclosures about the handling of the Hunter Biden case,” Tristan Leavitt, an attorney for Shapley, previously told the Daily Caller. IRS Whistleblower Was Removed From Hunter Biden Case After Rift With Top Prosecutor, IRS Officials Testify
SHAMPEACHMENT 1.0, 2016 CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- “This motion to silence the leading Republican presidential candidate launches us into uncharted waters.” Gagging Trump
- Margot Cleveland: “Fulton County D.A. Fani Willis is the last person who should be deciding whether federal officials can question shoddy elections.” Judge In Fulton County Trump Case Reveals How Dangerous This Prosecution Is To Our Country
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- “‘To me, equality is not electing Joni Ernst.'” (Bei mir bist du schwein. Besides, I thought you fools didn’t know the definition of a woman – jjs) Democrat Katie Porker Says Republican Women Don’t Count as Women
- “Lawsuit: defendants lost a bid for a city contract after another business received a 10-point bonus because of its minority ownership.” White-Owned Landscaping Companies Challenge Houston’s Racial Minority Preference in City Contracts
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “The Supreme Court extended the injunction’s stay to Sept. 27 on Friday after Justice Samuel Alito temporarily froze it. The Fifth Circuit of Appeals partially affirmed Sept. 8 a lower court’s sweeping injunction that the Biden administration [junta] the First Amendment by coercing social media platforms into censoring speech.” The FBI Has ’50-Percent Rate’ of Getting Speech Censored From the Internet, Court Filing Says
- So, Yaroslav Hunka, a full-fledged member of the 14th Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS (1st Galician), is only “Nazi-linked.” Why? Because Politico doesn’t believe in truth. Politico only believes in the Cause of the Fascist Left, and if that means justifying, excusing, and watering down full-fledged Nazis, so be it. (Just a reminder: the “full-fledged Nazis” are of the left. Always have been, always will be – jjs) Far-Left Politico Waters Down Zelensky’s Nazi to ‘Nazi-Linked’
- “The reason for her absence is unknown.” Bob Menendez’s Daughter Took the Weekend Off From Hosting Her MSNBC Show
- “The Menendez distraction merely underscores the perversion of the free press.” Corrupt Media Worse Than Crooked Senators
- “The American Library Association ‘celebrates’ free speech as it cancels Christian books and parents.” Banned Books Week in the Age of Biden
- “Recent court rulings show the government’s deep involvement in platform management.”Yes, Social Media Censorship Is a First Amendment Issue
- “Soon, there will be no officially unapproved speech in England.” UK Criminalizing Speech Through Culture, Media, and Sport
- “The media report said four women, whose names have not been disclosed, have accused Brand of sexual misconduct from 2006 to 2013, which was the height of Brand’s mainstream fame — when Brand worked for Channel 4 and the BBC. One woman claims Brand raped her, while another alleged victim, who is now 31, says Brand sexually assaulted her when she was 16 years old (the age of consent in the U.K.).” Major Brands Pull Ads From Rumble After Platform Refuses To Censor Russell Brand Over Sex Assault Allegations
- “In other words, the HHS LOST THE CHILDREN. One-third of the children it had handled under that system are now MISSING and may never be found by any government apparatchik. Why not just report on it as a story? Why frame it in the skeptical lens and never actually, openly, state that, well, yeah, this is happening, right now, under this command-and-control insult to states in the south? And why not acknowledge the fact that the Biden [junta] also has been FLYING migrants around the country to resettle them while keeping the resettlements off the official books?” Even ‘Fact-Checkers’ Can’t Cover Biden Losing 85,000 Kids & Flying In Migrants
- Here is Morning Joe and his Botox-laden wax statue of a lady friend, Morning Mika, welcoming Errin Haines, the editor of a “nonprofit” with a self-styled mission to “ to empower women, women of color and the LGBTQ+ community with the information, community and tools they need to be equal participants in our democracy,” to explain that the issue American voters care most about is something called “democracy.” MSNBC Propagandists: ‘Democracy Emerges as the New Kitchen Table Issue’
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “Biden to visit striking UAW workers, a day ahead of Trump.” United Auto Workers Union Now Striking at 38 Locations in 20 States
- “Several food banks told the Daily Caller News Foundation that the volume of requests for food has risen to levels even higher than during the [Chinese] COVID-19 pandemic, as more people struggle to afford their daily expenses. Many food banks credited the increase in demand for food to inflation, which has cut into real wages and made purchasing everyday goods, including groceries, much more expensive.” ‘Quiet Crisis’: Food Banks Are Inundated With Requests For Aid As Inflation Bites
- “Since more workers are leaving the workforce than entering due to changing demographics, employers are struggling to fill positions, leaving unfilled jobs that would normally contribute to economic growth and productivity, according to the WSJ. The lack of workers may create a bottleneck that economic growth will be hindered by, driving wages and costs up as workers demand more from the greater bargaining power afforded in a tight labor market.” Biden’s Much-Touted Employment Numbers Could Actually be a Harbinger of Economic Disaster
- “Biden and his supporters described the 2022 groundbreaking of the Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) facility near Phoenix, Arizona, as a solid indicator that his economic agenda is delivering strong results, boosting American manufacturing and minimizing the exposure of key supply chains to Chinese aggression, according to the South China Morning Post. However, about nine months later, the facility is marred by a dispute between TSMC and local labor unions, complicating that narrative while pitting key aspects of the Biden agenda against each other.” Factory Hailed as a Biden Success Story Now Hampered by Key Democrat Voting Bloc
- “It would pervert the true purpose of our judicial system — to deliver justice.” This Sneaky Bipartisan Bankruptcy Reform Will Sting Tech Consumers
- “A monument to the Left’s inability to understand economics.” The Call for a Four-day Work Week
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, DEMOCRAT-LEFT WAR ON FOSSIL FUELS, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “Energy Department effort to push green building codes will cost families big, experts say.”How the Biden Junta Is Using the ‘Climate Crisis’ To Make Housing Even More Expensive
- These groups “purportedly manage the funds of affluent elitists like Hollywood star Leonardo DiCaprio. And as these groups showered Sher Edling with millions of dollars, your law firm advanced numerous climate change lawsuits.” GOP Lawmakers Probing Big Oil Lawsuits That Allegedly Received Funding from Leonardo DiCaprio
- “‘We are perfectly happy to work with them,’ Biden [junta] economic official says of China.” Biden Spent Billions To Cut China Out of Green Energy Supply Chain. Now His Junta Says That Can’t Happen.
- “The billionaire hypocrite.” He’s Furious
- “Before you can say man-caused temperature rise is destroying the planet, you have to prove that the temperature has risen.” A Look at the Fundamental Hypothesis of Global Warming
- Glenn H. Reynolds: “. . . it’s interesting to see Gates softening his tone; it feels as if climate outrage has passed its sell-by date.” (He’s still a dangerous megalomaniac. This is likely a strategic withdrawal for the time being until the crazier rhetoric cools down so he and his cohorts can regroup – jjs) Even Bill Gates is Backtracking — The Air’s Gone Out of the “Climate Crisis” Balloon
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “Party Chairman says illegal immigrant development highlighted by The Daily Wire should be a ‘grave concern for all Texans.'” Texas GOP Passes Unanimous Resolution Calling for Special Legislative Session on Colony Ridge
- Victor Davis Hanson: “No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed.”Our Self-Induced Catastrophe at the Border
- “Alejandro Mayorkas, Biden’s Secretary of Homeland Security, has repeatedly insisted ‘the border is secure’ when confronted by Republican lawmakers on Capitol Hill. White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre has avoided questions about the record breaking number of illegal aliens cross the U.S. southern border.” 11,000 Illegals Crossed U.S. Border In Last 24 Hours Alone
- “The city is at a ‘breaking point,’ the mayor said.” Democrat El Paso Mayor Charters Five Buses To Take Migrants To New York, Chicago, Denver
- “The damage Biden and his merry band of open-border Marxists are doing every second of every day to this country may never be able to be undone and may very well be its undoing. At some point, one wonders where the line lies between policy difference and treason.” The Big Immigration Lie
- “Biden’s web of border lies starts to fray.” “How Many People Coming Into This Country Illegally Is Enough For [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Biden?”
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “While the number is pretty staggering, I wish I could say that I was truly surprised or am truly surprised for that matter because of the lack of leadership in Oakland city government and the lack of accountability,” Eugene Kopman, a resident of Oakland, told CBS. “My car was parked at the Coliseum BART. I took my son to a baseball game last Sunday and I came back — the car was gone.” ‘The Mayor’s Fault’: Blue City Reports an Average of 40 Vehicle Thefts a Day
- Ironic, n’est pas? Biden EEOC Makes It Easier to Hire Individuals With Criminal Records for Government Positions
AMERICA AND THE WORLD IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- Lloyd Billingsley: “Did the government quash discussion about the ineffectiveness – and danger – of vaccines?” (Spoiler alert: you bet your ass it did – jjs) CDC Confessions
- “The CDC hasn’t updated the data on myocarditis and pericarditis in almost a year.” CDC Won’t Release Latest Information on Post [Chinese] COVID Vaccine Heart Conditions
- “Bay Area counties issue seasonal mask mandates for health care workers citing increased risk for respiratory viruses.” ‘Unprecedented’: California Health Workers Face Fine or Imprisonment for Going Maskless
- John R. Lott Jr.: “Gun control advocates keep telling us that there is 90-plus percent support in polls for expanded background checks, but the support is much less solid than the media and gun control advocates would have you believe.” California Democrats Admit It’s Unconstitutional To Ban Gun Ownership
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- According to the grant summary, this mentoring program is different from other programs as this one doesn’t require parental consent for minors to participate, as opposed to other programs that “often require guardian permission,” the College Fix noted. Edwards’ program will also be via eHealth as opposed to in-person. Tax-Funded Program Pairs Kids With Gay & Trans Adult ‘Mentors’ Online
- “Sage’s story shows the devastating harm to children when ideologically captured institutions wrest control from parents of a child’s life.” Lawsuit Over Sex-Trafficked Teen Could Stop Schools From Hiding Kids’ Dysphoria
- Peachy Keenan: “Is our political litmus test literally going to be the candidate who will outlaw all abortion, everywhere, anytime?” Don’t Argue with Donald Trump On Pro-Life Limits, Argue With Voters
THE 2020 AND 2022ELECTION HEISTS & AFTERMATH
- It’s not a disaster; it’s legalized permanent Democrat election thievery – jjs A ‘Disaster’: Donald Trump Warns Against Automatic Voter Registration in Pennsylvania
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “Rep. Jamaal Bowman meets with those tied to ‘Palestinian’ terror and hatred of Jews.”Anti-Israel Congressman Poses for Photo with Anti-Semitic CAIR Official
“BULLION BOB” MENENDEZ UNDER THE GUN
- “Embattled New Jersey senator’s PAC gave money to Tim Kaine and Bob Casey, among others.” Menendez Donations Could Cause Problems for Dems in Tough Reelection Fights
- “Democrats are ruthless about dispatching allies who outlive their use.” (Pro-Israel, and a useful distraction from the Biden crimes and insanity and the truth of the two-tier justice system. QED – jjs) The Biden Regime Throws Menendez Under the Bus
- Menendez’s claim came during a press conference that New Jersey.com noted was at the Hudson Community College Union City, New Jersey, campus. Notably, the community college is situated in New Jersey’s Eighth Congressional District, which his son, Rep. Bob Menendez (D-NJ), represents. Sen. Bob Menendez Claims He Withdrew ‘Thousands of Dollars in Cash’ over Last 30 Years After $480,000 Found at Home in Bribery Investigation
- “These news outlets from the right, conservatives, are not going to say that they found gold bars,” Lopez Obrador said. “The Republican Senator Bob Menendez from Texas, he has always been against us. They are not going to say that. That is not a story.” (Socialism and llello is a hell of a combo – jjs) VIDEO: Mexican President Claims Conservative Media Won’t Talk About “Republican Bob Menendez”
DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- “The discovery of Schiff’s questionable use of earmarks came after the Congressman attacked his Senate primary opponent Katie Porker (D-CA) for opposing pork-barrel spending, while bragging he had secured critical funding for drug recovery and homeless programs through earmark spending. Schiff-for-Brains Secured Funds for Defense Giants While They Funded His Campaigns
- Mollie Hemingway: “The Democrat proposal is to vote for open borders, inflation increases, energy dependence, rampant crime, and actual imprisonment of political opponents.”Polls Show Democrat Campaign Strategy of Indicting Political Opponents Has Backfired Horrifically
- “We call it the P, PI — anyways, doesn’t matter what we call it but that’s what it is.”Biden Fumbles Acronym During Pacific Islands Forum Speech: “Doesn’t Matter What We Call It,” He Jokes
- “A look at current presidential preferences among voters of both parties, with an emphasis on their least-desired candidates.” Who’s Your Last Choice?
- Trump referenced the presence of multiple elected officials at the Monday rally in Summerville, South Carolina, including Republican Gov. Henry McMaster of South Carolina and Republican Reps. Joe Wilson and Russell Fry of South Carolina. Trump spoke at a motorboat factory in Summerville for about four minutes then went on a tour of the facility, the Charleston Post and Courier reported. ‘He Helps Me’: Rally Crowd Boos Lindsey Graham After Trump Shout-Out
- “November 30 on [Yawn Inanity] Hannity’s TV show.” DeSantis, Newsom to Debate on November 30
- “The only way the Republicans can win the presidency and down-ballot elections in 2024 is to stop the internecine vitriol and vindictiveness. Ron DeSantis is not the enemy nor is Donald Trump.” A Reality Check for Republican Voters
THE UKRAINIAN “FRONT”
- Sen Josh Hawley: “If there is some path to victory in Ukraine, I didn’t hear it today. I also heard that there’s going to be no end to the funding requests…” Senator Shocked By Classified Briefing On Ukraine: Warhawks Want Blank Check With No Victory In Sight
- “Reporters discovered U.S. taxpayers are paying the salaries of all 57,000 first responders in Ukraine, and not only subsidizing businesses, but even helping them to secure new customers overseas via USAID. Perhaps the most controversial discovery is the financial support for Ukrainian farmers, considering Ukrainian leader Volodymyr Zelensky is currently lodging proceedings against several European Union neighbors who have banned imports of Ukrainian grain – without the EU’s permission.” U.S. Aid is Subsidizing Ukraine Corporates, Paying State Salaries, and Buying Fertilizer for Farmers
- “The more focused and realistic approach advocated by a new generation of conservative leaders is a welcome break with the past.” The Rise of Republican National Security Prioritizers
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “The Soviet Union fell of its own accord, presumably, and so will China.” (Very different mindset. Bad as the Soviets were, they were at least minimally western in their heritage. Orientals have zero western values and compunction to kill millions – jjs) Claim: Cold War History Shows Containing China Won’t Work
- “Vladimir Putin was handed a massive propaganda victory.” (That’s a straw-man distraction. It’s more like what Canada did exposed itself as the neo-Leftist tyranny that it has devolved into – jjs) Multicultural Canada’s Dirty Nazi Secret
- “Trudeau’s incessant preening before the camera, as well his futile and hilarious attempts to imitate traditional Indian dance, made the hapless world leader an international laughingstock. Just how shallow and useless is this man? Well, he is up to show the world just how shallow and useless that can be. In his latest trip to India this month to attend the G-20, Trudeau did everything possible to alienate Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.” “Castreau-cescu” Trudeau Blaming India for Murder of Canadian Sikh Separatist Reveals His Hypocrisy, Ego and a Personal Vendetta
- “Raisi’s triumphalism at the U.N. is a result of the West’s surrender.” (Hat tip to CBD – jjs)The Moral Bankruptcy of the World
- “Three decades later – the dark reality of failure and deceit.” The Oslo Accords: A Retrospective
- “The Biden [junta] hasn’t deterred the CCP but is in fact empowering it.” The Great Restoration: The Return to Engagement with Communist China
- “Masters and slaves.” The Real China
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- According to Military.com, the extensive analysis contains numerous examples of “substandard conditions,” including reports of “bedbugs and roaches,” which the outlet noted “were a common issue at six of the bases that the GAO visited.” Water quality was also a notable issue, with one group of service members telling GAO investigators that their water “is often brown and does not appear safe for drinking.” Washington Funds Ukraine Forever War While Our Own Soldiers’ Barracks Rot
- “Trump was right: Our NATO allies have allowed their defenses to deteriorate badly.” The Few Get Fewer
- “Lemma, a naturalized U.S. citizen and resident of Silver Spring, Maryland, communicated with a foreign official who tasked him with supplying information on specific subjects of interest, including military issues such as command centers and rebel activities.”Diversity Is Our Strength: [in]Justice Dept. Confirms Arrest of Migrant Defense Contractor for Espionage
- “A disunited country will not tolerate it.” Is the Draft Coming Back?
- Robert Spencer: “And does it justify Qur’anic violence?” Does the God of the Bible Command to Kill Innocent People?
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE COURTS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE
- Among voters who “strongly support” including border security in the spending bill, 70% would prefer a government shutdown to higher spending. Voters are much more negative than positive about the impact of illegal immigration, results of a separate Rasmussen survey, conducted September 11-13, reveal. Nearly Two-Thirds of Voters – Including Half of Democrats – Want Border Security in Budget Deal
- “We have people that have been in some of these agencies for 25, 30 years. You bring in a legislator, and it’s pretty difficult to compete with that, especially if you term limit us,” she contended. She called to limit the number of times that a particular bureaucrat could work at a specific agency and then limit the overall time that a bureaucrat could work in the federal government. “If you want to change what goes on in Washington, DC, limit the power of the bureaucracy. That’s the key,” Hageman said. (As discussed on the latest podcast, but alas, the odds of this are slim to none – jjs) Rep. Harriet Hageman Calls for Term Limits for Federal Bureaucrats
- “An Arizona judge rules that Phoenix must clean up an unauthorized homeless encampment by November.” Taking a Stand Against “the Zone”
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “The company now has two boosters that have flown that many times, plus at least one that has flown fifteen times.” SpaceX launches 22 Starlink satellites, flying its second booster for a 17th time
- “Two different research papers, using infrared data from the Webb Space Telescope, have independently concluded that the carbon dioxide previously detected on the surface of Europa is found concentrated in the same region, and has the earmarks of coming from beneath the surface.” Webb infrared data suggests Europa’s C02 comes from within
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “The WGA has reached a tentative deal, but it’s just a temporary fix.” Hollywood Shut Down for Five Months. Here’s What We’ve Learned.
- “What’s the point of the sports entertainment industry, other than keeping you distracted and poor?” Pigskins et Circenses
- But when Vanessa Williams won Miss America all those years ago, that wasn’t problematic in a nation that at the time was close to if not more than 70% white. Fuck these people to hell – jjs White Woman Wins Miss Zimbabwe in Miss Universe Pageant—Americans Claim That’s Racist
- Christian Toto: “Comedy Is Murder series calls out Apple’s alleged reliance on child labor.”Free the People Pummels Apple Over Woke Eco Video
- “The sycophantic entertainment media will blame this lousy box office year on everything but the actual quality of the product. Putting the blame where it belongs would require moral courage, which is in short supply. When the box office hits, we’re told movies are awesome. When the box office bombs, we’re told it’s the weather, or forest fires, or global warming (which is a hoax), or the strikes, or Trump, or the Proud Boys, or how Saturn is aligned with Jupiter. It’s never the lousy product. Never, ever, ever…” Weekend Box Office Crashes to 2023 Low
- The Cathedral argues the new windows, entitled “Now and Forever,” depict protestors holding placards that read “no foul play” and “fairness” and were introduced to signify a “new chapter” in the monument’s artistic and architectural legacy. The previous stained glass windows of generals Lee and Jackson were described by the Cathedral as “offensive” and “a barrier to the ministry of this cathedral,” according to the Very Rev. Randolph Marshall Hollerith, explained during Saturday’s unveiling. Washington National Cathedral Replaces Robert E Lee With Racial Justice Stained-Glass
- “We need a ruling class with a lot less power, and especially a lot less power to direct top-down everything.” Hanania on How to Drive a Stake into Woke
- “Countering the radical assault on Western history.” No, the New World is Not Stolen Land
HITHER & YON
- In 2007, when he was working on “NCIS,” McCallum told a reporter: “I’ve always felt the harder I work, the luckier I get. I believe in serendipitous things happening, but at the same time, dedicating yourself to what you do is the best way to get along in this life.” (RIP – jjs) David McCallum, NCIS and The Man from U.N.C.L.E. Star Dies Aged 90
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.