The Morning Rant: End Legal Immigration


Let’s pretend that these data are passingly accurate, even though we all know that the number of illegals is far higher than any census measures.

It is still a catastrophe, and will be the end of America as we know it if it continues.

Of course I am a racist. And a bigot. And a White Supremacist. And a Christian Nationalist. And any other silly pejorative that the left uses to describe people who have emotional connections to American Exceptionalism, Western culture, and the incredible success of Judeo-Christian philosophy.

Now that we have gotten the obligatory ad hominem out of the way…

Border Crisis Has Completely Upended Census Bureau’s Population Stats, Report Says

Immigration into the U.S. has risen so rapidly that it beat out federal projections by decades, according to a report from the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) released on Thursday.

The total number of immigrants in the U.S. rose to a record high of 51.4 million as of February 2024, representing 15.5% of the total population,according to CIS. The U.S. Census Bureau published projections in November which estimated that the share of foreign-born nationals in the U.S. would not reach 15.5% until at least 2039, making the projections “obsolete,” CIS authors Steven Camarota and Karen Zeigler wrote.

The 15.5% includes both immigrants who are in the U.S. legally and those who are undocumented or are in the country illegally, according to a CIS review of the Census Bureau’s Current Population Survey (CPS). Illegal migrants account for roughly 25% of the 51.4 million total number of foreign nationals currently living in the U.S., the other 75% being in the country legally.

The issue is not the color of the immigrants. The issue is their lack of dedication to the founding principles of our country. For most of our history, immigration to America was a privilege, and a very difficult one to enjoy. Getting out of Sweden or Germany or Italy or Russia or Poland or Ireland or Scotland was not easy. Getting to our shores was not easy. Creating a life in America was not easy. But it was the great unifier…everyone who came here was sent through that filter, knowing that they were expected to create a life for themselves, and to add value to the growing nation. There were no handouts, not safety nets, no government largesse. But that was the first powerful message that we were all in it together. The upside was that there were no limitations. The young Scottish immigrant who arrived on our shores in 1848 could rise to the pinnacle of the American steel industry. Or a Bavarian Jew arriving in in 1847 could create Levi Strauss. Or a Viennese beauty, with brains to match, could arrive in 1937 and become a movie star and an inventor!

The list goes on forever. We are at least in part a nation of immigrants, but the dynamic has changed, and the drive to come here is purely economic and self-serving in a way that is new and destructive. Instead of desiring the economic, social and political freedom that America offers, our new immigrants come for the money…our money! Legal immigration is a drop in the bucket compared to the flood of illegals pouring into the country. Those legal immigrants are playing by the rules, but many are still arriving for the looting of our treasuries rather than the desire to create…to belong…to build.

What is the answer? Obviously we must close our borders to the lawbreakers who come to loot and pillage. But sadly we must also close the legal methods of becoming an American. That system is broken, and absent a compelling reason, complete with financial resources that guarantee that the immigrant is not a ward of the state, Americas gates must be shut.

For a generation? Probably. Until we have two consecutive conservative federal governments that are serious about closing the border and driving out the invaders by making it economically impossible for them to squat here, we cannot afford the luxury of immigration of any type.

It is a simple task, but requires political fortitude and the support of the country.

  1. Close the border.
  2. Make the employment of an illegal alien a felony, with jail time and huge fines.
  3. Tax outgoing funds to the top 10 countries that supply illegals.
  4. Require positive identification for all taxpayer transfer payments and services.

What else? That covers most of the issues. Will there be problems? Sure. But we have no choice.

This is the existential problem of our lifetimes.