Good morning kids. The weekend is here and the top stories remain the President’s crippling of Iran via the liquidation of its terror mastermind as well as the Democrats’ self-inflicted debacle of sham-peachment. The big news out of the first item is that the President revealed that Soleimani was preparing to blow up one or more American embassies besides the one in Baghdad that was the target of an attempted assault and takeover on New Year’s Day. And that is what precipitated our taking him out (and not for a meal and a movie). Meanwhile, despite their Estes-level junior rocketry display that did nothing but kick up sand in the desert, blow up on launch, and most horrendously take out a Ukrainian airliner, the medieval miscreant mullahs continue to pound their chests and declare that that display was just a warm-up. I assume that that is nothing but bluster to try and pump up their completely deflated image in the Muslim world and within their own populace after Trump’s curb-stomping. And that’s on top of a sanctions regime that is threatening to topple the 40-year reign of Tehran terror.
That said, we are not dealing with rational actors. The mullahs would have no reservations about using nukes and bringing about Armageddon because to them, that is an actual long term strategic foreign policy goal if they cannot achieve global Islamic subjugation and domination via force of arms or political subterfuge. Whatever their next moves may be, Victor Davis Hanson notes that none of their options are good. As for how we got here, it was 40 years of pinhead globalist naval-gazing and appeasement, with a soupcon of self- and Israel-hatred thrown in, all capped off by Barack Obama and company making that puerile, faculty lounge think tank drivel official foreign policy.
By the way, along with the missiles that landed in the desert and took out that Ukrainian airliner, Mr. Obama’s insane idiocy (or was it idiotic insanity?) of appeasing Iran led directly to the deaths of Christopher Stevens and three other Americans in Benghazi in 2012. Recall that all through the run up to the campaign that hoary chestnut Obama crowed, “Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive!”? So, acknowledging and attempting to prevent a confirmed plot would kind of make him look a bit foolish. The other more insidious reason was he and Clinton were using Benghazi to illegally run guns to terrorists in Syria (with the help of John McCain, the Guinness World Record holder for longest continuous funeral service). Now here’s the killer-diller: guess who was the mastermind of the attack on the Benghazi compound?
Funny, as in disgusting, that of all people Susan Rice is now back on the tube doing what she was born to do, evidently; that is, lying her ass off, just like she did about that Nakoula Nakoula videotape that no one saw and yet caused the entire Middle East to erupt in anger, with Benghazi as the unlikely epicenter. Now she’s furiously attempting to defend her and her boss’ policies vis a vis the JCPOA nuke deal sell-out that delivered billions of dollars in both formerly frozen assets and pallets of cash right into the hands of the terrorists, including Soleimani. The other thing delivered to the Iranians was a promise that the now liquefied ex-terror mastermind would not be pursued or prosecuted for his crimes, past, present or even future.
I used to think it was all sort of accidental that the President’s actions and more crucially his words in defense of his actions caused the Democrat-Media Complex to step on the metaphorical rake. Now, I think he’s intentionally saying things to make them shoot themselves in the face. By correctly placing the blame for this mess on Obama as well as the previous administrations, he has caused the Left to have to both defend their actions and in doing so, expose the heretofore more or less unaware public and LIV crowd about things they effectively buried or memory-holed. Honestly, how many people before this past week were aware of what really happened in Benghazi and what it was all about? In fact, up until now, the Media poo-pooed “Benghazi” as right-wing tinfoil hat conspiracy mongering. Now, all of a sudden, Trump’s actions leading up to and perhaps including the liquidation of Soleimani are officially “Trump’s Benghazi.” Forgetting the contradiction, most LIV people are going to say “well, what the hell was Benghazi in the first place?” Well played, Mr. President.
SOLEIMANI LIQUIDATION, IRAN TENSIONS
- President Reveals Soleimani Was Planning to Blow Up a US Embassy, Which Led to Drone Strike
- Iran: Missile Strikes Mark Beginning of “Major Operations” Across Middle East
- V.D.Hanson: Iran’s Options in Showdown with America Are All Bad
- Video Busts Obama Admin Over Connection Between the Money They Gave Iran and Terrorism
- Susan Rice Lies Again – Obama and Soleimani
- Trump’s Masterstrokes
DOMESTIC POLITICS OF SOLEIMANI LIQUIDATION
Well, as expected, the Democrats aided and abetted a sworn enemy of our nation by passing a war powers resolution against this President. The thing is toothless anyway, insofar as it’s likely dead in the Senate and if the GOP does manage to stab the President in the back and pass it, they can never override the instantaneous veto that it will be hit with. I believe also that at least one Democrat, Max Rose, might have crossed the aisle and voted against the Democrats as well. NB: the link was from last night before the vote and can’t get a roll call confirmation either way. If he does/did, that right there is kind of a big slap in Palsi Poligrip’s stretched mug and it is an indication, along with the sham-peachment fiasco that the Democrats are in complete disarray in Congress and more and more facing an angry populace as their antics continue.
Most disgustingly, Democrats from back-benchers all the way up to leaders and presidential candidates are coming out and accusing the President of being responsible for the Iranian shoot-down of the Ukrainian airliner. And then we have the positively hideous spectacle of two bust-out America-hating, Jew-hating slags in the form of Rancida Taliban and Bro-Fo Omar actually laughing and smiling during a press conference when American casualties and victims at the hands of their co-religionists’ are mentioned. Meh, keep it up, Democrats. Let America continue to get a good, long look at who and what you really are.
Most disappointing of all are the words coming from people who I once had much respect for: Ann Coulter and most shockingly Tucker Carlson. For them to claim that what Trump did in taking out Soleimani is an escalation and war-mongering running counter to his claims of wanting to get out of the Middle East just boggles the mind. If anything, the President both de-escalated the situation while at the same time might very well have set in motion the final collapse of the Iranian regime, the source of much of our misery lo these past 40 years in that region and across the globe, including right here on our own soil. If that does happen, as I think it could before this year is out, he would have done so without starting a war and without sending one single soldier to die on Persian soil. That these two, especially Carlson, cannot see this just boggles the mind.
Two sad sellouts. Oh well…
- President Trump: “Numerous” Members of Congress Say Iran Briefing Was “Greatest Presentation They’ve Ever Had”
- Democrat Rep. Max Rose to Vote Against War Powers Resolution
- Nancy von Paulus’ Pointless War Powers Ploy
- Rep Jim Banks Slams Bro-Fo Omar for Giggling During Presser on US Casualties and “Feigning PTSD”
- “Just Despicable”: Mayor Buttplug Blasted for Blaming US for Iran Shooting Down Passenger Plane
- Trump Critics Blame Him For Iran Reportedly Shooting Down Ukrainian Plane
- Whataboutism and the Shifting Rhetoric of the Anti-War Left
- Greenfield: Only the Unintelligent Question Trump’s Soleimani Intelligence
- Black: The Humpty Dumpty Fate of Post-Reagan Consensus
A couple of fairly big developments here. First, Nancy Poligrip is feeling the heat from her own party to shit or get off the pot and deliver the articles of impeachment to the Senate, particularly a back-bencher ironically named Adam Smith. Then he suddenly got cold feet and retracted that demand. Meanwhile, not only is Cocaine Mitch standing firm in not letting her and her minions turn a trial into yet another endless Kavanaugh shit-show, he has signed on to a resolution from Josh Hawley to change the Senate rules and flat out dismiss the impeachment straight away. Also, Rudy wants SCOTUS to step in and declare the Dems impeachment unconstitutional. I see what he means, but the last thing we need is for that branch of government to get any more of a swelled head than it already has. And I do NOT trust Chief Justice Julia Roberts. In any case, this too is a total fiasco so just let the Dems petard themselves on their own hoist.
- Senate Leader McConnell Joins Sen. Hawley’s Resolution to Dismiss Impeachment Articles
- Cocaine Mitch: Dems Can’t Trap Us Into “Unending Groundhog Day of Impeachment Without Resolution”
- Nancy Poligrip on “Urgent” Impeachment Articles: “I’ll Send Them Over” to Senate “When I’m Ready”
- Dems in Disarray Over Palsi’s Impeachment Strategy
- Running Scared: Dem Adam Smith Retracts Demand That Palsi Send Articles of Impeachment to Senate
- McCarthy Blasts Palsi’s Impeachment Strategy: “She’s Already Failed”
- Nancy von Paulus’ Delusions of Grandeur
- Giuliani: SCOTUS Should Step In to Rule This Impeachment Unconstitutional
CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
A two-fer from the estimable Margot Cleveland, first on Carter Page being set up by the FBI and that the FBI tried polishing the turd named Christopher Steele to get the ball rolling on FISA warrants. Lastly, and not in the least surprising is that the Huber investigation was a big fat goose egg an that Hillary is once again free the shamble, stumble and bloviate. Two justice systems, indeed.
- Cleveland: New Details About Meeting FBI Source Suggest Carter Page Was Set Up
- Cleveland: IG Report Documents How FBI Hid Negative Information About Christopher Steele
- Intelligence Community’s Inspector General Is the Link Between FISA-gate and Impeachment
- Report: DoJ’s Probe of Clintons Ends With a Whimper (so much for Huber – jjs)
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM
I’ll dare speak it; massive Joo-hatred coming from the American Black community and Spotify hosting Joo-hate playlists.
JOE BRIBEM, HUNTER BRIBEM UKRAINE, CHI-COM, OTHER SCANDALS
Bombshell book to expose the vast Bribem family criminal enterprise.
- Bombshell: Book to Reveal How Bribem Family Siphoned “Millions in Taxpayer Cash”; Hunter Bribem Just the “Tip of the Iceberg”
DEMOCRAT-LEFTIST SCANDALS, CRIMES, CHUTZ-POCRISY, MESHUGAS
Look at that quote and look at who said it. Wow. And Sonia Sotomayor needs best wishes sent to her. Candygrams and a $100 gift certificate to It’s Sugar! are suggested.
- Bro-Fo Omar: “Religious Fundamentalists Are Currently Trying to Manipulate State Laws in Order to Impose Their Beliefs on an Entire Society” (uh, HELLO?! – jjs)
- Justice Sotomayor Sends Best Wishes to New “Progressive” Prosecutor Tied to Hugo Chavez (send her a Candygram – jjs)
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER CRISIS, BORDER SECURITY
Huge win for Trump as court declares he can use military funds to build that border wall, talking points from RINO sellout governors revealed, and New York needs to have its statehood revoked and turned into a federal territory with no voting rights.
- Yuuge Victory for President: Appeals Court Says Trump Can Use Military Construction Funds For Border Wall; $3.6 Billion in Additional Funding
- Memo Reveals How GOP Governors are Pitching Refugee Resettlement to Opponents
- New York Democrats Move to Register Illegal Aliens, Non-Citizens to Vote
Yuuuge crowds turn out for Trump in Toledo and OrangeManBad does not disappoint as usual, suddenly Tom Styrene is a thing, Elizabeth Fugazi continues to disintegrate and that spastic display she put on was just painful to watch, some new Silicon Valley group is schtupping the Dems millions, “Senator John James” has a nice ring to it, PETA slaps Toothy McBigTits for ignoring mutts, and an essay on the wages of racialism.
- Trump Wows Crowd at Toledo Rally… And Takes No Prisoners
- “You Little Pencil Neck”: Trump’s Takedown of Schiff-for-Brains Had Crowd Rolling at Toledo Rally
- “Suddenly Surging”…Tom Styrene? Comes Out of Nowhere, Jumps to #2 in South Carolina Behind Joe Bribem
- Styrene Qualifies for Iowa Democrat Debate
- Polling Experts: Democrats More Likely to Nominate “No One” Than Elizabeth Hekawi
- Fauxca-Has-Been, Struggling in Polls and Fundraising, Goes Full Cringe-Worthy with Dance Moves and Dating Advice
- Little Known Silicon Valley Group “Mind the Gap” Spending Millions to Boost Democrats in 2020
- Second Time Lucky: Will John James Become Michigan’s First GOP Senator in 20 Years?
- Barking Mad: PETA Slams Toothy McBigTits AOC for Purchasing Purebred French Bulldog
- Against Tribal America
FIRST AMENDMENT, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, BIG BROTHER BIG TECH
CNN isn’t alone when it comes to paying big time for abusing Nick Sandmann, and three essays, including Great One Levin, ripping the 5th Column 4th Estate for siding with America’s enemies.
- Maggie Haberman, Ana Navarro and Shaun “Talcum X” King Among Massive List of Activist Journalists Named on Covington’s Lawsuit
- Great One Levin to Mainstream Media: “Why Are You a Mouthpiece for the Enemy?”
- False Analogies: The Heart of Fake Foreign Policy News
- To the Liberal Media’s Dismay, There Will Be No Disastrous War With Iran
Are Virginians really going to abide by this, and Steve Daines in Montana has the right idea. Watch Democrats suddenly invoke “states rights.”
- Democrat Bill Mandates Licensing of All Virginia AR-15 Owners (can you say LOLGF? – jjs)
- GOP Senator Introduces Federal Protections for Travelers with Guns
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
Aside from Iran, Europe’s big four about to be put on the Jew-hater list of shame, a look at the British left in the wake of BoJo’s big win, Taiwan warns of Chi-Com election interference, and Hungary says basz mag to the feminazis.
- Four European Countries Might Be Added to Anti-Semitism Watch List
- Welcome to the Roaring Red Tory Twenties
- Taiwan Stands Up to Beijing and its Insidious Election Interference
- Hungary Takes On the Feminist Goliath… and Wins
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
I’ll repeat myself from yesterday: No more student visas for Chinese nationals. And seriously examine those already here.
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE BUREAUCRACY, WASTE, FRAUD, CORRUPTION
California seeks to cure a gangrenous foot by double radical mastectomy and cutting them loose, at least all the counties that voted for Hillary, is a good idea.
- California Democrat Revives Housing Bill That Would End Most Single-Family Zoning in State
- Unmasking the Latest Leftist Conspiracy: Housing
- Does California Want to Secede?
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
Yes, this sends the right message to the community and some goof just threatened to kill the President because of Soleimani. I think CNN just found a new anchorman.
- Atlanta PD Will No Longer Chase Criminals if They Flee From Cops
- Florida Man Charged with Threatening to Kill the President to Avenge Soleimani
So, can we have a Wipe-Your-Ass-on-the-Koran exhibit?
More on this ominous and disturbing case of the State having the power of life and death.
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
After 16 years of delays and other bureaucratic hijinks, our latest booster is finally ready to fly.
CULTURE WARS, HITHER & YON
Chick-Fil-A attempts to do damage control, Saved by the Bell revival gets corrupted, Little Women remake seems to be watchable, a call for churches to get back to basics, and a look at some conservative Hollywood successes in light of Tarantino’s latest.
Have a great weekend.
- Chick-Fil-A CEO Says Company Will Still “Glorify G-d” After Throwing Salvation Army Under The Bus
- Saved by the Bell Revival Casts Biological Male to Play “Most Popular Girl in School”
- How Little Women Soft-Pedals Modern Feminism
- Why Churches Should Ditch the Projector Screens and Bring Back Hymnals
- Once Upon a Time in Conservative Hollywood
NOTE: The opinions expressed in some links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.
Love your commentary and insight. I look forward to your Morning Report every weekday. You and Oregonmuse are the heart of Ace’s blog.