“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way – in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only…”
Good morning kids. Wednesday and if ever something captured the essence of Charles Dickens’ opening verse from A Tale of Two Cities, it had to have been last night’s State of the Union address. The speech itself, its pitch-perfect content, tone and uplifting message were by any sane, reasonable accounting a grand slam homerun, yet another amongst at least a half-dozen for this President. What he has achieved for this nation’s citizens in just his first three years in office by any unbiased accounting must rank him among the greatest chief executives in our history. And he still has a year left and more than likely four after that.
From touting tax cuts, regulatory reform, and trade realignment with China and the gutting of NAFTA that created and will continue to fuel the greatest economic boom in 100 years, foreign policy and military victories over Iran and the recognition of Venezuela’s long-suffering people (Juan Guaido was in the audience) to the long suffering people historically on the lowest rung of the economic ladder who will at last have real opportunities to elevate themselves to the best of their G-d given abilities, the sanctity of life at every stage of development and the sanctity of our G-d given right to defend ourselves enshrined in the Second Amendment, the speech and all it stands for really is “the great American comeback.”
But on the other side of the aisle, and in point of fact on the other side of the universe, divorced from any sense of reality and unmoored from even the most basic notions of comity, decency and propriety stand the words and deeds of the Democrat Party and the American Left. The immaturity, pettiness and venomous hatred that are so utterly divorced from reason were an absolute embarrassment. How the so-called party of inclusiveness, openness, tolerance and diversity can sit on its hands when a young, black schoolgirl and her mother are spotlighted, or when the great economic news for women, blacks, Latinos and Asians are celebrated is revelatory if not damning. I imagine it will not be lost on the aforementioned who saw it.
The Left, and far too many RINOs, flunkies, cucks and con artists allegedly on our side, do not necessarily hate this President for who he is. They hate him for what he has done; that is exposed the decades-long sham that is big government via his policies and programs that have done more to actually help more people in more ways in a shorter period of time than they ever hoped they could do. That is, if it was their intent to help people in the first place, and it was not. But let’s be clear, the President is merely the embodiment of who and what they really hate: America, it’s heritage, culture and most of all its citizenry. They hate us for who we are and because we refuse to knuckle under and be lorded over by them. For that, we must be destroyed.
Honestly, what can I possibly write about Nancy Pelosi making a spectacle of herself by refusing to introduce the President in the traditional manner and then by ripping up the copy of his speech at the end? If she thinks in her febrile, botulinum-addled walnut-sized reptilian brain that her performance is some sort of courageous act of defiance that will rally Americans to her side, she’s really gone off the deep end. Same goes for the wearing of white, yet again, by the female (on paper) members of the Democrat Party. Those are metaphorical funeral shrouds for your party, gals. Inshalla.
Along with the surprise reuniting of a soldier and his wife, and the 100-year-old veteran of the Tuskegee Airmen saluting our Commander-in-Chief, the recognition of Rush Limbaugh and the awarding of the Medal of Freedom are beyond words in terms of raw emotion. Who he is, what he has accomplished in terms of the fight for the future of this nation made last night all the more poignant. It also brought into focus the duality that we find ourselves in. We are a nation divided, and as the reactions from the Democrat Party, the agitprop Leftist media and the hardcore institutional left that has infected almost every institution and walk of life, irreparably so.
I cannot imagine the President does not recognize this very real state of our union. With all the great news and surely more to come over the next five years, we will surely have more of the same and worse from the Left. And what lies beyond January 20th, 2025? An Oval Office without Trump and quite possibly an America without Limbaugh is just too frightening a prospect for me to consider.
But for now, let us revel in the moment, steel ourselves for the challenges ahead and go from victory to victory. G-d bless Trump, G-d bless Limbaugh and G-d bless America.
STATE OF THE UNION WRAP-UP
- SOTU Clarifies the Choice in November
- “The Land of Heroes”: Trump’s 2020 State Of The Union Outlines America’s Bipartisan “Next Step Forward”
- Rush Limbaugh Awarded Medal of Freedom, in High Spirits at SOTU Address: “I Feel Great!”
- President Surprises Army Wife With Her Husband’s Homecoming
- Century-Old Tuskegee Airman Snaps to Attention, Salutes President, Then Smiles and Gives a Finger Gun
- President Trump’s Moving, Statesmanlike State of the Union Address
- Disgrace: Palsi Pelosi Rips Up President’s Speech After Masterful SOTU Address
- Palsi von Paulus Violates Protocol by Refusing to Announce Trump Properly at SOTU; Rips Up Speech
- Palsi von Poligrip Ripped For Tearing Up Speech Copy as Soon as Trump Concludes
- Goodwin: Nancy Palsi Shamed Herself at Trump’s State of the Union
- Democrats Refuse to Celebrate Economic Success for Blacks, Latinos, Women, Asians
- Democrats Refuse to Applaud Young Black Girl Who Receives Scholarship
- Democrats Rancida Taliban, Tim Ryan Storm Out of SOTU Address: “It’s All Fake”
- Nadler Mocked by Trump Supporters After Being Spotted Reading a Pocket Constitution
- Nancy Poligrip throws a Public Temper Tantrum and Other Democrat Misbehavior
- State of the Union Address: Trump Hits Grand Slam, While Palsi Just Looks Sad
- The Five Worst Moments of the Democrats’ at SOTU
Well, sham-peachment will be put out of its misery later today as the Senate will vote to acquit Trump of the sham charges against him. Both Murkowski and Collins will join Lamar Alexander to acquit the President, while Pee-Air Defecto is still a question mark. The other question marks are Joe Manchin and Doug Jones. If either or both do cross the aisle, the optics for the Democrats will be even more disastrous than the acquittal itself since, bipartisan (yay!). Of note was Rand Paul openly citing Eric Ciaramella’s name along with his henchman Sean Misko in helping Schiff-for-Brains cook up the sham-peachment plot in the first place. But Cocaine Mitch was absolutely spot-on in stating plainly that the only crime Trump committed was winning in 2016. Indeed. Let’s hope this is revelatory about his state of mind going forward.
- Lisa Murkowski: “I Cannot Vote to Convict” Trump; “Voters Will Pronounce Verdict”
- Susan Collins Announces She Will Vote to Acquit Trump on Both Articles of Impeachment
- Pee-Air Defecto Romney is Democrats’ Last Hope for a Bipartisan Vote to Convict Trump in Impeachment
- Teh Ted Rips Impeachment Case to Shreds: Obama Actually Did What Trump Was Impeached For
- Rand Paul Explains Significance of the Question John Roberts Suppressed
- McConnell: Trump’s Original Sin Was “That He Won, and They Lost” (Cocaine Mitch gets it – jjs)
- 5 Ways Impeachment Has Helped Trump and Hurt Democrats
- Breaking the Law Pays When It’s Done to Get Trump
CIVIL WAR 2.0
Although he is referencing what happened in the sham-peachment, Angelo Codevilla echoes my sentiments above that we are now a nation divided, perhaps permanently.
DEMOCRAT-LEFTIST SCANDALS, CRIMES, CHUTZ-POCRISY, MESHUGAS
Bernie loves him some Islamic terrorist boosters.
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER CRISIS, BORDER SECURITY
It’s still a crisis.
- Illegal Alien Deported After Killing Four Kids Admits She Illegally Returned to the US
- Trump’s SOTU Guests Include Man Whose Brother Was Slain by Illegal Immigrant
- My Trip to the Southern Border Revealed the Real Crisis is Congress’ Apathy
POLITICS, 2020 ELECTION
More on the absolute disaster of the Iowa Caucuses as we comb through the carcasses including the big story that should scare the crap out of the Left: very low turnout. Also, the company that developed the app in question was funded with bucks from Steyer and Pelosi, the Dem operatives of that company are bailing out and pointing fingers, the DHS offered to beta test the program and the Dems of course told them to FOAD, the GOP with an epic troll that should also be a campaign ad, with a large percentage of the votes tallied Peter Puffer is edging out Sandersnista while Biden tanked, a prediction that Bernie will prevail as the nominee, bite-sized Bloomberg will shovel more money in, Trump’s approval rating at all time highs and above Obama’s, Tulsi accuses the DNC of rigging the primaries, she also sent a very nice note to Rush which earned her all sorts of disgusting Leftist hatred, and Rabbi Fischer and Victor Davis Hanson round out the field with two good essays.
- The Real Story out of Iowa Is Dismally Low Democrat Turnout
- Depressed Democrat Turnout: The Iowa Story that Matters
- Iowa Caucus Problems Stem From App Started by Former Hillary Clinton Staffers (they aren’t named Awan, are they? – jjs)
- Democrat Operatives Who Were Partially Responsible for Iowa Caucus Chaos Are Bailing on Shadow Company
- Deja Vu: DHS Offered to Test Iowa Caucus App in Advance, But Democrats Said No
- Styrene Steyer and Palsi Pelosi Poured Money into Firm Behind Botched Iowa App
- GOP Trolls DNC After Iowa Caucus Disaster: “This Is the Party That Wants to Run” Your Health Care
- Iowa Carcasses: Pete Puffer (Kind of) Won, So Did Sandersnista, Wan Warren Persisted, Bribem Definitely Lost
- Joe Biden Embarrassed in Iowa, Sinks to 4th Place With 62% of Vote in Cementing Obama’s Failed Legacy
- R.S. McCain: “Not Viable” – Biden and the Iowa Caucuses
- Bernie Sanders Will Be the Democratic Nominee
- Bernie, the Fake Populist
- GOP Strategist Reacts to Iowa Caucus Disaster, Explains Why Democrats Are Heading to a Bernie Sandersnista-Michelito Lo-Lo Bloomberg Showdown
- 9-Millimeter Bloomberg to Double Ad Spending After Iowa Caucus Debacle
- Trump’s Approval Rating Beats Obama’s at Same Point in His Presidency, Despite Impeachment
- Tulsi Coffeecake: DNC “Rigging” Primary for Billionaire Candidates
- Protester Screams at Joe Biden: “Answer for the Women and Children You Groped!”
- Tulsi Gabbard Sends “Love and Best Wishes” to Rush Limbaugh
- Rabbi Fischer: Completely Tearing Up – Over the Best Week in the Entire Trump Presidency
- V.D. Hanson: Is Trump’s Unorthodoxy Becoming Orthodox?
FIRST AMENDMENT, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, BIG BROTHER BIG TECH
Trump bars CNN from pre-SOTU lunch, Jake Tapper to get called on the carpet by Zucker, and Goolag and YouTube censor Rand Paul’s speech about Ciaramella.
- Trump Excludes Shocked CNN From Traditional News Anchor Luncheon Before State of the Union
- CNN’s Jake Tapper: Trump’s SOTU Had “Lovely” Moments; “Never Seen Anything” Like It (Zucker to ream him out first thing today – jjs)
- Goolag Google, YouTube Google Censor the Congressional Record with Rand Paul Speech About Ciaramella
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
Wuhan flu is spreading, how it will impact the trade deal and other economic ripple effects, Senators warn Georgia (the country) about backsliding against us, Farsis sentence alleged US spy to death, and the reality of Cuba.
- Wuhan Virus Watch: Infected Toll Now Tops 20,000
- Coronavirus, the “Phase One” China Deal, and Globalization
- Iran Sentences Alleged CIA Spy to Death
- Senators Warn Georgia, US Will Not Tolerate Backslide Into Authoritarianism; Tank Abrams Cries Racism (I made that last bit up – jjs)
- Cuba: The Grim Reality of Life in a Communist Country
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE BUREAUCRACY, WASTE, FRAUD, CORRUPTION
Doesn’t that just give you a warm fuzzy feeling about the Democrats and a condemnation of preferences in hiring.
- House Dem Admits They Block Legislation Because “We Don’t Want to Give the President a Win”
- Preferences by Any Other Name
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
Stock indices soaring again and prosperity on the horizon in the wake of Brexit and sham-peachment failure.
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
They should only attack one of DeBolshevik’s or Cuomo’s relatives.
In light of Rush’s diagnosis, the endless war.
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, LYSENKOISM
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
Well, just look for a sphinx resembling Greta Scoldilocks…
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
On Goldman Sachs knuckling under to the feminazis and what it portends.
CULTURE WARS, HITHER & YON
Our intrepid science reporter reflects on the impact of el Rushbo, Christian Toto on the cancel culture war, the Super Bowl halftime show wasn’t all the shocking considering how low we’ve sunk already, when will we stop with the Black History Month nonsense and Dennis Prager on getting religion.
- A Historian’s “Memorial” to Rush Limbaugh
- Toto: This Brave Comedy Clip Stares Down Cancel Culture
- Don’t Pretend the Shakira and J. Lo Super Bowl Sexcapade Was Surprising
- Saying No to Black History Month
- Prager: The Question That Explains Almost Everything
NOTE: The opinions expressed in some links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.