Good morning, kids. Another grim milestone of one more wasted day, marking time as the panic over the Peking Pox Pandemic puts Americans, their way of life, and their future deeper into a coma, even as the evidence mounts that the lethality of the actual virus may be nowhere near as hyped. Were it any other issue besides this, President Trump would have dealt with it head on, swept aside the critics and naysayers, and notched another victory for the American people as the Democrat-Media Complex licked its wounds and sent off to Acme Inc. for the next surefire OrangeManBad destroyer.
But here, he’s not dealing with shameless propagandists, crooked politicians, rogue intelligence agents or Hawaiian judges; he’s is dealing with something microscopic that has killed hundreds of people around the world, emanating from a totalitarian nation that seeks to dominate said world, and with no real hard and fast information to rely on in making what amounts to a life and death decision. And that put him in exactly the position he did not want to be in; deferring to technocrats who may not have his or the country’s best interest at heart. Just to reiterate, as time has passed, the picture painted by facts on the ground has gotten clearer and the words of the latter now serve to underscore it.
What the President and all of us have lacked is solid, reliable information; specifically the actual numbers of deaths caused solely by the Chi-Com Lung AIDS and more importantly the number of people who have been infected by it. When you divide former by the latter, you get a percentage that tells you how lethal the virus is. Because the Chinese have lied about this from the start, we cannot really know when the first person on our soil was infected. That meant that the denominator more than likely was artificially low. But given we do know of in unusually large number of people with severe flu-like symptoms that more than likely was Sino Sinus Syphilis in the waning months of last year, it now looks as if the plague came to our shores perhaps several months before the original estimation of late December 2019 and early January. That would make the denominator much higher and the resulting lethality significantly lower – by orders of magnitude.
But here we sit, with businesses shuttering, people unemployed in the millions, prisons being emptied by Democrats as they raid what’s left of the Treasury to give everyone, including illegal aliens, a $1,200 check – all in exchange for shredding the few scraps of the Constitution that have somehow survived the New Deal/Great Society/Hope ‘n Change shredder and seizing power permanently, Trump or no Trump now or come November.
If Trump can be faulted for anything, perhaps it’s his naivete in thinking that despite someone’s personal politics, everyone will come together for the good of the nation. His first two years certainly was an eye-opening education. But in allowing Anthony Fauci and Deborah Birx to drive policy in this crisis, he’s let the foxes guard the henhouse. That said, I reiterate my giving him a pass since this is a literal life and death matter. But, from Fauci’s wavering on HCQ to his now insistence that the entire nation should be locked down until there are no more new cases and/or we have a vaccine, and now his cocksure proclamation that we may never get back to “normal,” I get the sense that the President has had it up to his golden scalp with him. Trump knows the economy cannot be allowed to auto-asphyxiate much longer, let alone for a period of months or the twelfth of never which, not coincidentally, will be the date when there will be no new cases.
Once again, Angelo Codevilla brings it:
…Since the Ides of March, President Trump has placed himself on a path that the fundamentals suggest leads to political suicide. He did this by surrendering to the ruling class – Drs. Anthony Fauci, Deborah Birx, et al, not to mention House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) – his judgment on whether and for how long, and how the country should be shut down. This is of the greatest concern to the American people in general and to his voters in particular. By giving his imprimatur while suggesting that he is acting against his own better judgment, he fulfills the dictionary definition of tragedy…
…Every day, Trump (and the country) learns the ostensibly professional estimates by which Fauci, the Democrats, and the media have been flogging since mid-March are proving wrong by huge factors. And Trump knows that they are wrong because they are based on numbers that do not reflect reality…
… Trump is eager to open the country. And he knows that the American people will hold him, not Fauci or anybody else, responsible for the pain that adherence to the ruling class’ estimates is causing and will cause us. Speculating why, nevertheless, Trump persists in lending legitimacy to these flawed professionals, indeed why he lets them speak in his name, is pointless…
… Fauci has warned that perhaps this virus will return with every flu season. This is more than enough for such as New York Governor Andrew Cuomo – who has already said that the country will never be allowed back to normal and is echoed in that by the media – to greet any suggestion to move toward normalcy with the charge that it makes one responsible for deaths. “Blood is on your hands!” will be their rallying cry. That, in turn, means anyone who may wish to lead America out of the quandary into which it has slipped because of our health officials’ incompetence and of President Trump’s apparent neglect of Politics 101 (who is on whose side?) will have to return to its fundamentals.
To wit: Start from the fact that the ruling class is discredited. Separate yourself from it.
Lose no opportunity to add to the discredit. Stress your own responsibility. Act on it. When they damn you, double damn them. Politics 101.
Michael Thau over at American Thinker lets the hammer drop on Fauci:
…Remember those researchers whose computer model is motivating Dr. Fauci’s restrictions? You know, the ones who said their projections could be totally wrong, and, even if not, the certain misery Dr. Fauci is inflicting on us still might not accomplish anything? Well, they’ve also repeatedly said one consequence of successfully slowing down the infection rate is preventing herd immunity. Hence, they warned that restoring our rights before herd immunity is artificially created through vaccination would put us right back where we started, rendering the hardship caused by suspending them in the first place pointless.
Another related consequence Dr. Fauci has been careful not to mention is that, because we’re making the virus linger for many years instead of mere months, despite slowing down how fast it spreads, the restrictions strangling our lives won’t decrease the number of people ultimately infected. We’re only decreasing your chances of becoming infected now. Your overall chances of getting the virus at some point aren’t any lower than if we’d let the infection rate remain high and not vastly increased how long the virus will be active by treating it like the severe flu Dr. Fauci admits it’s likely to clinically resemble when addressing his peers
But perhaps you’re unaware that on March 26, Dr. Fauci himself said in the New England Journal of Medicine that “the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%).”
So, don’t let what Dr. Fauci tells the inessential people he’s inflicting misery on fool you. He’s known from the beginning that the measures he allowed us to believe might be short-lived make sense only if they’re maintained for at least several years and that they weren’t going to reduce anyone’s chances of catching COVID-19. He’s fully aware that the projections about hospitalization rates justifying their implementation proved to be completely bogus and that we’re barreling toward an economic catastrophe because of a virus akin to a seasonal flu.
Dr. Fauci may have completely bungled our response to AIDS through incompetence. But this time, he knows exactly what he’s doing.
G-d help us all.
The damage is done, but I think it’s not too late for Trump to do the right thing: Fire Fauci and advise an immediate lifting of the lockdown. Obviously, the Democrat-Media Complex will explode with rage, and it is a gamble. I see two possible scenarios:
1 – after lifting the lockdown, there will still be deaths and the Democrats will use that effectively enough for Biden or Nipsy Cuomo to narrowly beat him in November.
2 – a national standing ovation heard coast to coast will break the sound barrier and Trump will destroy whoever the Democrat is in something as close to a landslide that there can be given today’s political landscape.
My guess is it will be the latter, especially if the President can use this catastrophe to press home a campaign to return as much of our manufacturing base home from overseas and deregulate the hell out of DC to keep it here.
As far as lifting the lockdown, in terms of health consequences, people who are still sick, the elderly and those with chronic respiratory illness or compromised immune systems should remain in quarantine until a time to be determined. It will of course be up to each individual state to do that and there’s no way the blue state hell-holes will comply. That said, once red state businesses begin to rebound and people go back to work, I don’t think residents of California, New York or Illinois are going to be as strident in their politics when their bank accounts are sucking fumes and their mortgages are near foreclosure.
But the choice is clear. Mr. President, fire Fauci and lift this lockdown.
CHINESE CORONAVIRUS, FICTIONS AND FACTS
Diving into the links, good news seems to be the order of the day with a second vaccine starting the testing phase, Trump owning a stake in the HCQ maker is a myth, Nipsy Cuomo confirms it works, the death toll in NYC is high, not from Chi-Com Lung AIDS but mostly from other underlying conditions, several links on the very flawed models and lack of data driving the panic and response, the malfeasance in New York vis a vis the ventilator shortages, Ezekiel “Dr. Kilpatient” Emanuel confirms our suspicions that the Left wants to euthanize the economy and wear the corpse as a skin-suit, a Minnesota bar owner is fed up and could be the tip of the iceberg, and finally Rabbi Fischer on the battle cry of “blame Trump.”
- Codevilla: Is the President Forgetting Politics 101?
- Fauci Says the World May Never Get Back to “Normal” After the Pandemic (fire this megalomanic and lift the lockdown – jjs)
- G-d Help Us All: Dr. Fauci Knows Exactly What He’s Doing
- The Wuhan Virus Reminds Us: Beware Scientism and the Technocrats
- Testing on Humans Begins for Second Chinese Coronavirus Vaccine
- Fact Check: Trump Does Not Own Stake in an HCQ Drug-Maker
- Nipsy Cuomo: Use of HCQ “Anecdotally” Positive in New York Hospitals
- NYC Data: Vast Majority Who Have Died From Chinese Coronavirus Had Serious Underlying Conditions
- Chinese Coronavirus Deaths Could Be “Much, Much, Much Lower” Than White House Task Force’s Projected 100,000 Mark
- Stanford Professors’ Chinese Coronavirus Study Could Be Game Changer (searching for the denominator – jjs)
- Who Has the Chinese Coronavirus Is Not Nearly as Important as Who Had the Virus
- The Beginning of the End… In Spite of Governors Gretchen Whitmer and Andrew Cuomo
- How New York City’s Emergency Ventilator Stockpile Ended Up on the Auction Block (hat tip CBD – jjs)
- Ezekiel Emanuel: “We Cannot Return to Normal Until There’s a Vaccine,” Could Be 12-18 Months (kill the patient: the economy – jjs)
- “This is Communism”: Minnesota Bar Owner Reportedly Gets Caught Playing Cards With Patrons, Refuses to Close With Chinese Coronavirus Spread
- Rabbi Fischer: Blame Trump
ECONOMIC IMPACT OF THE LUNG MARCH
Larry Kudlow makes my hair hurt with that remark, Mnuchin sez we don’t need no stinking bills to relocate the supply chain, weighing things in the balance, a plea not to nationalize the airline industry, and Steve Scalise says ‘nuts’ to Kudlow’s eight weeks.
- Larry Kudlow Says Economy May Not Reopen For 8 Weeks (that is wholly unacceptable, and criminal – jjs)
- Mnuchin: We Don’t Need a Bill in Order to Move Supply Chains Back to US
- What Price Protection?
- Save the Airlines, Don’t Destroy Them
- Scalise: We Can’t Keep Economy Closed “For Another Two Months”
POLITICS, 2020 ELECTION
Zogby poll shows Trump better able to handle the crisis than Biden, so I guess the Dems will now call for the lockdown to be over, Larry Elder on what the paste-eating, bastard-grandchild-denying pervert would have done, Biden apologizes to Bernie in effort to woo his base, the Wisconsin voting debate is a wakeup call for this November, Fauxca-Has-Been and Dems hot and horny to rig the election, and Conrad Black (despite his hard-on for FDR) is high on Trump’s prospects.
- Zogby: Majorities of “Important Swing Voters” Say Trump More Fit than Biden “to Handle Coronavirus Pandemic” (Dems to call for lockdown lift in 5,4,3,2… – jjs)
- Elder: The Chinese Coronavirus – What Would Joe Biden Do?
- Joe Biden Apologized To Bernie Sanders For Acting Like The Primary Is “Officially Over”
- Wisconsin Voting Saga is a Case Study in Chinese Coronavirus Election Madness
- Democrat Plan Could Mail Ballots to 24 Million Ineligible Voters
- Fauxca-Has-Been Warren Calls for Mail-In Voting, Ban on Cleaning Voter Rolls, Sworn Statements in Lieu of Voter ID
- Black: Trump’s Leadership in Pandemic Paves Way to Reelection
SHAMPEACHMENT, CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL
PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION,
Intel honchos tell Schiff-for-Brains to STFU-STFD and leave Grenell alone, and “Michael Atkinson used his post to protect himself and his allies while denying the American public a true watchdog over the intelligence community.” Yup.
- Senior Intel Officials Criticize Schiff-for-Brains’ Letter to Director Richard Grenell, Pressing Him Over ODNI Personnel Changes
- The Inspector Who Never Inspected Anything
DEMOCRAT-LEFTIST SCANDALS, CRIMES, CHUTZ-POCRISY, MESHUGAS
Lori Lightweight flaunts her Mon Calamari fish-face status to the peons, and Bro-Fo’s Freudian slip reveals she’s an adulteress and a sharia buff.
- Chicago Mayor Flouts Stay-At-Home Order to Get Haircut (nice example of “leadership” – jjs)
- Bro-Fo’s “Hijabi Slip”
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER CRISIS, BORDER SECURITY
I got your denominator right here! Also, Feds do the right thing for once, Alopecia Pressley wants to do for the nation what Lori Lightweight did in Chicago: give illegal aliens our money.
- At Least 750,000 Traveled From China Directly to the US Since the Chinese Coronavirus Outbreak
- Feds Stop Entry of H-1B Foreign Visa Workers During Chinese Coronavirus Crisis
- Alopecia Pressley: Next Chinese Coronavirus Stimulus Should Support Illegal Immigrants
- Chicago Mayor Signs Executive Order Giving Chinese Coronavirus Benefits To Illegal Aliens
FIRST AMENDMENT, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER BIG TECH
Trump totally justified in blasting Chi-Com party house organ, and how the slicky-girl got into the briefing in the first place, Teh Ted hammers NBC as Chi-Com stooges, lost freedoms and media lies, the FCC saves free speech for the time being, CNN’s John Berman shoved his foot in his mouth but with airport lounges empty no one witnessed it, the media in general are in the pocket of the Chi-Coms, Jeffrey Lord on the smearing of Greg Gutfeld by Media Matters, and San Bernardino County’s war on religious liberty.
- Here’s How Pro-Beijing Outlet Phoenix TV Made It Into the White House Chinese Coronavirus Press Briefing
- Ted Cruz Hammers NBC News’ Reporting: “Paid For by the Communist Party of China”
- Lost Freedoms and Media Lies
- A Failed Attempt to Squelch Broadcasting of Trump’s Chinese Coronavirus Press Briefings
- Oops: CNN Host Tries to Stoke Fight Over Malaria Drug Only to Find Out “Virtually All” NY Patients and Docs Are Taking It
- American Media Is Amplifying Chinese Propaganda
- Lord: The Smearing of Greg Gutfeld
- San Bernardino Count, CA Threatens Drive-Up Churchgoers with Huge Fines or Jail Time
What did you expect from an Obama hack-in-black?
- Second Amendment Activists Suffer Setback in California as Obama-Appointed Hack-in-Black Green-Lights Gun Store Closures
Good news in TX.
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
Mo Brooks goes there, to hell with cooperating with them, Michael Goodwin places the blame and a video from Frontpage Mag confirms it, people reportedly cremated alive in the land Thomas Friedman so admires, Taiwan far outshining the Peoples Republic of Coronavirus, no new deaths doesn’t mean what they say it means, Mexican official with the Chinese Respiratory Gleet imitates the typical Leftist, Trump to freeze WHO funding until the hack Chi-Com stooge head is removed, Spain goes full Sandersnista, Israel wants to get citizens victims back from Gaza but the latter are not interested, and a look at the new alliance between Benny Gantz and Bibi.
- Mo Brooks: “Open Question” if Chinese Coronavirus Pandemic is Chinese Communist Party Military Warfare
- Cooperate With China? Not Until It Stops Lying About the Chinese Coronavirus
- China and Its “Wolf” Diplomats
- Goodwin: Blaming China for Chinese Coronavirus is Reasonable, Not Racist
- Video: “I Found The Source of the Coronavirus” (refuting the Chi-Coms’ blood libel – jjs)
- Radio Free Asia Cites “Unverified” Reports Of Live Cremations In China
- US Ally Taiwan Besting Rival China in Battle Against Chinese Coronavirus
- No New China Deaths Reported Does Not Mean No New China Deaths
- Trump Looking at Freezing Funding to W.H.O. Over Chinese Coronavirus Mistakes
- Hundreds of Iranians Dead, Thousands in Hospital After Consuming Fake Chinese Coronavirus Cure
- Spain to Implement Universal Basic Income in Response to Chinese Coronavirus… Change Will be Permanent
- Mexican Health Official With Chinese Coronavirus Spit, Coughed on Hospital Staff For Not Getting “Preferential Treatment,” Report Says
- Israel Seeks Immediate Resumption of Talks on Citizens Held in Gaza
- Former IDF Chief Gantz Makes The Right Gamble by Joining Netanyahu
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
Acting Navy Sec Modely ankles, but Crozier was in the wrong per the article. Also, the possibility that this was an intentional bio-attack or something that went wrong should not be discarded out of hand as tinfoil haberdashery and a top nominee at the Pentagon has a checkered history.
- Acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modely Resigns Over Crozier Controversy
- Yes, Capt. Crozier Should Have Been Relieved of His Command
- Chinese Coronavirus: In Defense of Conspiracy Theories
- Isolationist Allies Push Trump to Tap Obscure Colonel for Pentagon Post (said shit about Jews and supposedly soft on the Chi-Coms – jjs)
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE BUREAUCRACY, WASTE, FRAUD, ABUSE
The Chi-Com Lung AIDS exposes “progressive” homelessness policy for the disaster that it is, Kennedy Center caves, a call to stop the fraud (that means putting patronage out to pasture), and you better believe the last link.
- “It Could be a Disaster”: Chinese Coronavirus is Spreading in Homeless Populations, Exposing Failures of Progressive Policies
- Kennedy Center Agrees To Pay Orchestra After Lawmakers Move To Rescind Bailout
- We Should Have Funded Research on Chinese Coronaviruses Instead if Climate Change Musicals
- How Politicians Will Exploit Chinese Coronavirus to Further Restrict Our Rights
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
Speaking of shredding the Constitution, Colorado cops let their Gestapo freak flag fly, sick slag from Texas caught, another grim statistic that will never be mentioned (at least not accurately), and Nazi collaborator and convicted felon George Soros pulls the strings on the governors he owns to empty the jails. RICO, deport, nuke the earth where he stood.
- Colorado Dad Handcuffed in Front of 6-Year-Old Daughter For Allegedly Violating Social Distancing Rules
- It’s Time to End the Great American Chinese COVID-19 Police State
- Texas Terror Tart With Chinese COVID-19 Who Threatened to Infect People at Walmart Gets Nabbed
- Domestic Violence is Another Real Human Cost of Stay-at-Home Orders
- Nazi Collaborator Soros-Funded Group to Governors: Release as Many Prisoners as Possible Due to Chinese Coronavirus
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
Our intrepid science reporter on Trump’s latest executive order that is going to piss off the Russians.
CULTURE WARS, HITHER & YON
Christian Toto reviews a new Adam Carolla-produced outing, Trump makes post-truth academics’ heads explode, better angels of our nature in times of trouble in NYC and elsewhere in the nation, not so rosy predictions for the future vis a vis intergenerational strife, we will have Easter, totalitarian oppression or not, and Dennis Prager wonders what the Gaia worshippers think of the plague their false g-d hath wrought.
- Toto: Uppity Shares Amazing Tale of an Unlikely Sports Legend
- How Trump Has Pretzled the “Post-Truth” Academic Left
- New York Landlord Waives April Rent For 200 Tenants, Cites Catholic Faith
- In the Spirit of Tocqueville: American Civil Society Steps Up to the Challenge of Chinese Covid-19
- The Coming War Between the Generations
- They Can Keep Christians From Holy Week Services, But Nothing Can Stop Easter
- Prager: Maybe Nature Shouldn’t Be Worshipped After All
NOTE: The opinions expressed in some links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.