Good morning kids. So, Ohio got rocked again when an explosion at a factory in the town of Bedford caused molten metal to go flying in all directions. You gotta wonder.
In any case, at the tail end of yesterday’s comments, after I had railed against what I felt was incompetence and gross negligence in the handling of the derailment, one commenter shed some light as to why the first responders did what they did (Note: Do not comment on old threads as you risk accidentally banning yourself):
Your retired engineer doesn’t seem to have much experience with certain chemicals. What he envisions happens to these railcars is not what happens. I was a chemical engineer for Dow Chemical for nearly 10 years, and in a plant that handled vinyl chloride and other similar chemicals in pressurized tanks. First, there was a fire at the derailment. Not sure what it was, but reports were that there was already a fire. As the tank cars holding certain chemicals like vinyl chloride heat, they pressurize because the liquid starts to boil. These tank cars are not vented because of the type of chemical they carry. If the fire around these cars can’t be contained, the danger is that these tank cars will BLEVE (Boiling Liquid Expanding Vapor Explosion). Look it up. These are explosions that look like those failed NASA rocket launches of the 1950’s and 1960’s. If that had happened to the railcars, it would have wiped the town off the map. It really would have been like a small nuclear explosion, just without the radioactivity.
I suspect the emergency responders were trying to prevent that by burning off the chemicals more gradually and without the overpressurization of the tank cars.
Posted by: ruralcounsel at February 20, 2023 09:39 AM (96wFa)
While this of course does, to a certain extent, make me reconsider my initial reaction, at least insofar as those individuals closest to the action on the ground who no doubt live in or near the area, I responded thusly:
Your points are well taken and thank you. My concern is, given who is running this government and the level of competency now that DEI rules the day in hiring practices, as well as the railroad itself, how can we be sure that the situation was as they claimed it to be?
Recall that there was an actual reporter on site close enough to witness what was going on and he was arrested. For his own protection because he was a pain in the ass? Could be. Because he would have seen things that painted the responders and government in a less than favorable light? Ditto.
Either way, thanks to COVID and the election thievery and the blatant persecution of the DOJ/FBI/CIA, we can no longer trust people and institutions that we often rely on in life and death situations like this one.
All around a shitty position to be in.
While normally I would say that we won’t really know what happened until there is a full investigation from the DOT, NTSB and other agencies, given what I stated in response to that commenter, will we really know what happened with either any degree of accuracy or, worse, because they know what happened and are intentionally withholding or otherwise obfuscating the facts to protect or advance a preferred narrative? Further on up the food chain, of course are state and federal officials up to and including the figurehead vegetable occupying the Oval Office.
So, while East Palestine and the surrounding area was not, as the commenter feared, “wiped . . . off the map. . . [in what] would have been like a small nuclear explosion, just without the radioactivity,” the dumping and subsequent torching of thousands of gallons of vinyl chloride and whatever else was in those tank cars might very well turn the area into another uninhabitable wasteland like Love Canal.
Worse by orders of magnitude is FEMA’s response in leaving the area to rot, mostly because they made the fateful mistake of overwhelmingly voting for Donald Trump in the past two national elections. That was the stab in the back. The follow-on stomping of the gonads was Sponge-Brain Shits-Pants jetting off to Ukraine for a photo-op with Zelensky to hand him more hundreds of millions of dollars while pushing for World War 3.
[East Palestine, Ohio Mayor Trent] Conaway stated that during their meeting, Norfolk Southern CEO Alan Shaw “seemed sincere. He seemed like he cared. And right now that’s the only thing — is it comforting? No. But we have to trust him right now. As soon as he does anything that we feel that we can’t trust, then I’ll have to go back to media or government officials that are higher than me to make him do what he said he’s going to do.”
Later, East Palestine resident Lenny Glavin asked, on behalf of host Jesse Watters, “[W]ith the President being in Ukraine today, did that surprise you?”
Conaway answered, “Absolutely. That was the biggest slap in the face. That tells you right now he doesn’t care about us. So, he can send every agency he wants to, but I found that out this morning in one of the briefings that he was in…Ukraine giving millions of dollars away to people over there, and not to us, and I’m furious.”
You may be furious, but the junta in power – and worse, an alarmingly large percentage of your erstwhile, putative fellow citizens – could care fuck all if you, your family, friends and neighbors were to drop dead tomorrow. Save them the trouble of rounding you up and putting you on trains. Meh, they’d probably derail just like this one did. But of course, the setting on fire thing would still happen, but it wouldn’t be toxic chemicals that go up in smoke, IYKWIMAITYD:
In a newly signed executive order designed to use federal agencies to forcibly guarantee equality of outcome instead of equality of opportunity for Americans, President Joe Biden tacitly admitted his administration is collaborating with a prominent leftist group to advance neo-Marxism throughout the U.S. government.
Signed on Thursday, the order, titled “Further Advancing Racial Equity and Support for Underserved Communities Through The Federal Government,” seeks to expand the administration’s so-called “equity-advancing requirements for agencies.” Equity is a term regularly employed by leftists to cover up their true goal of dismissing merit and real equality in favor of discrimination on the basis of skin color. . .
. . . Buried within the order, however, is a directive for federal agencies to implement what’s called the “Justice40 Initiative.” While the document doesn’t specify what the mission of Justice40 is, a quick trip to the group’s website reveals it to be nothing more than an effort by left-wing activists to advance neo-Marxist policies under the guise of “environmental justice.”
. . . Back in July 2021, Biden officially adopted Justice40’s stated goal of providing at least 40 percent of federal investments “in climate and clean energy” to these so-called “disadvantaged communities.” In other words, the administration is distributing taxpayer money to certain jurisdictions based on racial demographics.
The policy is eerily similar to Covid-related guidance the administration released in December 2021, in which health-care providers were advised to prioritize racial and ethnic minorities in the dissemination of Covid treatments such as monoclonal antibodies.
This kind of sheds a bit of light as to why FEMA declared East Palestine and its environs “ineligible” for immediate disaster relief funds. It took two weeks of arm-twisting and pretty bad optics but supposedly FEMA has released the funds. One wonders to what extent the situation might have been ameliorated had the funds been available immediately. Do you think my implying that this junta and its supporters would go so far as to wish its enemies dead, or worse, actually abrogate their legal duty as elected official and moreover their moral duty as human beings, and do nothing while watching them die, is over the top?
Look to the scores of innocent people still rotting in jail, sentenced to federal prison or otherwise were destroyed in the wake of January 6th, 2021. Now look at the reaction from scum like Bennie Thompson when a massive archive of video footage from that day was made available to Tucker Carlson:
The chairman of the n0w-defunct January 6 Committee warned of the “potential security risks” of U.S. Capitol security footage being released to the media . . .
. . . “When the Select Committee obtained access to U.S. Capitol Police video footage, it was treated with great sensitivity given concerns about the security of lawmakers, staff, and the Capitol complex,” Thompson said.
“Access was limited to members and a small handful of investigators and senior staff, and the public use of any footage was coordinated in advance with Capitol Police. It’s hard to overstate the potential security risks if this material were to be used irresponsibly,” he added. . .
. . . Claiming that Carlson is a purveyor of misinformation, Thompson said McCarthy “owes the American people an explanation of why” he shared the footage with the Fox News host and “what steps he has taken to address the significant security concerns at stake.”
The only “security concerns” is that the American people will have concrete confirmation that what we all more or less believe happened on January 6th, 2021; that a Democrat/RINO-approved false flag operation carried out by agents of the DOJ/FBI entrapped unarmed and unsuspecting peaceful protesters and was used as a propaganda and legal weapon to persecute and prosecute all perceived enemies to further advance the fiction of a legitimate presidential election, and of a vast white supremacist conspiracy that threatens “our precious democracy” (*vomit).
Releasing the video never should have been a political fight; after all, the footage was recorded on a taxpayer-paid closed circuit television system installed on public property to monitor public employees. Contrary to arguments by Capitol Police and the Justice Department, the video belongs to the public, not federal agencies.
But both entities, with the help of D.C. District Court judges, have successfully kept the trove largely under wraps for more than two years. Even the FBI and D.C. Metropolitan Police departments signed agreements a few days after the Capitol protest to acknowledge that the tapes technically belonged to Capitol Police. . .
. . . The Justice Department subsequently designated the tapes as “highly sensitive” government material subject to protective orders in January 6 prosecutions. It’s been a major battle for defendants and their attorneys to properly access all of the video tied to their cases; defendants cannot watch any clips without the presence of a legal authority and none of the footage can be shared or downloaded.
Imagine the universal outrage in any other situation had crucial video of what the government considered a terror attack been kept away from the public for more than two years. Influential opinion pages would have banged the drum incessantly for its release, insisting some sort of cover up was unfolding. Progressive activist groups and elected officials would demand a full accounting of what happened before, during, and after the “attack,” including all government-produced evidence. Influential lawyers and legal defense funds would lament the deprivation of due process for those involved in the allegedly heinous act.
Instead, the usual defenders of accountability, transparency, and constitutional rights have been completely AWOL. The fight has been waged by outmatched defense attorneys in the rigged legal and judicial system in the nation’s capital. And a handful of influencers like Carlson. . .
. . . One can only guess what the videos will reveal. It’s possible, even likely, the never-before-seen footage will show the elements of a preplanned attack engineered by the same political and government forces that attempted to destroy Donald Trump for the better part of six years. Will the tapes finally answer the questions that top law enforcement officials such as FBI Director Christopher Wray refuse to answer and the January 6 select committee buried—not the least of which was the role of the FBI?
Psaki-psircling back to Ohio, with everything we know about the bureaucracy at perhaps its most important level, those who are charged with keeping us safe from enemies foreign and domestic but instead are openly coddling, funding and supporting the former while painting those among us who oppose them as the latter, is it any wonder that my first instinct in the wake of the train wreck and subsequent dumping and incineration of the contents was to claim gross negligence and incompetence? And now, the Junta is weaponizing every department in every bureaucracy to be completely and stridently Marxist-Leninist in all its considerations and actions going forward.
As I said, it’s a shitty situation to be in to trust no one in government. At some point, that might extend to neighbors and family if it hasn’t already.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- Michael Walsh: “Contrary to the Washington Post, democracy does not ‘die in darkness.’ It dies in chaos, brought on by fear, engendered by uncertainty and birthed of instability —an instability that, in the case of the United States of America, has been deliberately cultivated and fanned by the nation’s political leadership and other “elite” big chiefs by a decades-long policy of institutional and moral destabilization. And on this Presidents Day, chaos is exactly where we’re heading.” State of Fear
- “Often criticized, risk-management tools remain the best defense from panic, superstition, and the politicization of public policy.” How to Hedge Life
- Julie Kelly: “Like all good political scandals, the path to the truth begins with the tapes.”Anatomy of a Cover-up: The January 6 Tapes
OHIO DERAILMENT, TOXIC CHEMICAL DISASTER
- “. . . I found that out this morning in one of the briefings that he was in…Ukraine giving millions of dollars away to people over there, and not to us, and I’m furious.” East Palestine Mayor: Biden Giving Millions to Ukraine, Not Us Shows “He Doesn’t Care about Us”
- “Perhaps the optics of sending massive aid to Turkish earthquake victims and paying for Ukrainian pensions while Americans in Ohio suffer from chemical fallout wasn’t as good as originally thought.” FEMA Deploys Team to Ohio Two Weeks After Chemical Disaster
- “Remember what they said about ground zero after 9/11?” The EPA Has No Credibility
- “Nothing’s being done.” Even Rosie “O’Donuts” O’Donnell Blasts Official Response to East Palestine Train Disaster
- “And the disaster that is a ‘Transportation Secretary.'” Buttigieg and a Train Derailment
* * * * *
- “The explosion at the metal factory in Bedford comes as the state of Ohio is already grappling with the aftermath of a train derailment that occurred two weeks ago in East Palestine, which is about 70 miles southeast of Bedford.” Report: 14 Injured Following Major Explosion at Metal Factory in Bedford, Ohio
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- “It is consistent to condemn the riot, and also to note that Democrats and the media have lied relentlessly about that day for political purposes. That’s my position.” Report: House Republicans Give Tucker Carlson Producers Access to Thousands of Hours of J6 Video
- He’s afraid the tapes will prove what we’ve known from day 1: the whole thing was a farce and an entrapment scam created by the FBI at the behest of Dems and anti-Trump RINOs.January 6 Panel Chairman Issues Warning Over Tucker Carlson Getting Tapes
- “The American security state is totally out of control.” Will the Left Stand Up to the Deep State? (pfft, the Left IS the Deep State – jjs)
- “You can have diversity, you can have meritocracy, you cannot have both.” Heather Mac Donald: Diversity is Not America’s Greatest Strength
- Buried within the order, however, is a directive for federal agencies to implement what’s called the “Justice40 Initiative.” While the document doesn’t specify what the mission of Justice40 is, a quick trip to the group’s website reveals it to be nothing more than an effort by left-wing activists to advance neo-Marxist policies under the guise of “environmental justice.” Biden’s New ‘Equity’ Executive Order Is Systemic Racism In Disguise
- “More important than a thriving American black middle class is maintaining the power of the Anointed educated ruling class.” The Dead End of Reparations
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “As a former board member told me years ago, Project Veritas will never be stopped from the outside, it will only be because we stopped ourselves,” O’Keefe said. “Prophetic as it may be, that is exactly where we find ourselves in the situation today. A situation where I have been stripped of my authority as CEO and removed from the board of directors, bet you didn’t know that.” James O’Keefe Removed From Project Veritas Board, Stripped as CEO
- “A glimpse of what life was like before the woke mind virus.” Video: Don Lemon From 2013 Would Now Be Accused of Being a White Supremacist
- “If they’re successful again, the whole country might get worn out for good.” NY TimesAlready Busy Repackaging Biden as Working Class and Thoughtful for 2024
- “The woke are dumber.” Study Finds People With Higher Cognitive Ability Care More About Free Speech Than Political Correctness
- “A consumate mediocrity deigns to tell women what their ‘prime’ is.” CNN’s Lemon Problem
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, DEMOCRAT-LEFT WAR ON FOSSIL FUELS, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “Investing in solar panels and electric vehicles in America is going to defeat the Russians, according to the Department of Energy.” Is Biden Using the Russia-Ukraine War to Make a Green Economy?
- “Green activists seem to have little clue how ‘net zero” can actually be achieved.” The Exorbitant Costs of ‘Net Zero’
- “Ford is using Chinese parts and labor at new battery plant, still expects to cash in on Biden tax credits.” Biden’s Climate Bill Was Meant To Combat China. Now a Chinese Firm Is Poised To Cash In.
BIDEN CRIME FAMILY REVELATIONS
- “More than 2/3rds said ‘yes.'” Did Biden’s Trove Of Classified Docs Jeopardize U.S. National Security? I&I/TIPP Poll
- David Harsanyi: “When you just can’t own up to your role in the Hunter Biden laptop story.”James Clapper Can’t Stop Lying
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “The Left is winning its war on the American middle class through attrition.” Biden’s Inflation Is Crushing the Middle Class, No Matter What Stupid Lies He Tells
- Amity Shlaes: “Redistribution plans can’t fix the economy. Coolidge’s policies show why not.”Silent Cal’s Policies Still Speak Today
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “What does ‘secure’ mean to you?” Wallace asked. “There is not a common definition of that,” Mayorkas claimed. Now We Know Why Mayorkas Won’t Secure the Border
- “The huge influx of illegal immigration to New York City has been immensely profitable for the real estate industry. A recent report from the Urban Institute revealed that taxpayers spent $2.1 billion on a program for migrants, with almost all of that money ending up in the hands of real estate investors.” (and guess whose campaign gets donated to – jjs)Migrants Housed in 85 NYC Hotels as Eric Adams Funnels Taxpayer Money to Powerful Real Estate Industry
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “Barbara Lee has a long record of defending communists and murderers.” (because she is one – jjs) ‘Comrade Barbara’: California Senate Candidate Defended Notorious Cop Killer
- “Law enforcement sources told The Los Angeles Times that O’Connell was found dead in his bed on Saturday after a single gunshot wound. Other sources said no signs of forced entry at his home have been revealed and that the crime was not believed to be random.” Suspect Arrested in Killing of Los Angeles Bishop: Report
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- David Horowitz: “Academia is the cancer at the heart of our national miseries.” De-Fund the Universities
- “I remain agog at the utter rot of almost all of academia . . . They not only suspended him from the campus (thus preventing him from attending classes), they demanded he undergo a psychiatric evaluation while also waiving his right to medical confidentiality. On top of this, they threatened to report him to state bar associations if he did not cooperate fully.”Today’s blacklisted American: Georgetown Law School tried to destroy a student simply because he asked questions about its Chinese COVID jab and mask policies
- “The university went all-in on ‘antiracism.’ Sorry, Jews, that doesn’t include you.” Princeton Fetes an Anti-Semite
- “In the coming days a lawless Trump-appointed judge is expected to ban access to abortion medication nationwide,” Wyden wrote on Twitter. “I’m calling on the FDA to protect the safety of every woman in America by keeping the drug on the market no matter the ruling.”Ron Wyden Tells Biden Junta to Ignore Potential Court Order Blocking Abortion Pill
THE 2020 AND 2022ELECTION HEISTS & AFTERMATH
- “All-mail elections and ranked-choice voting pose a clear and present danger to the republic.” The Democrat War on Election Integrity Continues
- “Lodi City Council member Shakir Khan, a Democrat, was arrested on Thursday for multiple election fraud charges, including allegedly stashing 41 mail-in ballots at his home, falsifying voter registration documents, and pressuring residents to vote for him.” California Democrat Arrested, Charged With Mail-In Ballot Fraud
DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- “She’s chosen to live a lie, and I find that very, very sad.” Leftist Group Rocked by Revelation that its ‘Queer, Muslim, Multiethnic’ Equity Chief is Really a White Lady
- “Socialists crack me up.” CBS Confronts Anti-Capitalist Bernie Sanders Over Ticketmaster Charging $95 a Ticket for His Book Tour
- [Judy] Chu served as the “honorary chairwoman” for an organization opposing Taiwan’s independence, which the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission identified as a front group of the United Front Work Department, one of the CCP’s overseas influence operations, according to a previous DCNF investigation. The DCNF also found that since 2012, Chu has served as the “honorary president” at the All-America Chinese Youth Federation, an organization whose leaders have included five individuals who’ve belonged to alleged UFWD front groups. Dem Reps Defend Biden Appointee Who Belonged To Alleged Chinese Intel Fronts, Suggest Critics Are Racist
- “Adams, who took office on January 1, 2022 and reportedly harbors 2024 presidential aspirations, tweeted snidely at DeSantis, whose conservative policies and Sunshine State popularity have made him a potentially formidable White House candidate.” ‘Lying Clown’: NYC Mayor Ripped After Mocking DeSantis During Pro-Cop Visit
- “The results of last November remain inexplicable, especially in contrast to prevailing public attitudes about the state of our nation’s decline.” The 2022 ‘Titanic’ Vote: Iceberg Ahead, or Are We Already Sinking?
- “A nation that gives up on self-government will endure any humiliation, and probably deserve it, too.” John Fetterman’s Bizarre Apotheosis
THE UKRAINIAN “FRONT”
- “Where is Biden as his country is in flames? Hiding from his crimes against Americans and our Constitution by urging atrocities in Ukraine.” Joe Biden Fiddles With World War in Ukraine as U.S. Border, Railways Burn
- “Zelensky’s comments came the same day President Joe Biden made a surprise visit to Kyiv and two days after U.S. intelligence officials revealed that they believe China is considering sending lethal aid to Russian President Vladimir Putin’s forces.” Zelensky Warns Of World War III If China Allies With Russia
- “Despite the Biden family business scandal that involves Ukraine, the media cheered Biden’s return to the nation waging war against Russia, a conflict based on decades of territorial claims.” Establishment Media Gush Over Joe Biden’s Return to Ukraine: “Audacious,” “Defiant,” “Shock”
- “An initially modest effort to help Ukraine defend itself morphed into a quest to inflict crushing defeat on Moscow.” A Year’s Turning Tide
- Terry Jeffrey: “In the months from March through December—the period after Russia invaded Ukraine in February—the United States imported $9,920,600,000 in goods from Russia.”$12.7 Billion: U.S. Ran Trade Deficit With Russia for 29th Straight Year in 2022
- Just like Obama’s red line, right? Pfft. America’s UN Ambassador: China Sending “Lethal” Aid to Russia? “That Would Be a Red Line”
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “The twin quakes on February 6 were much stronger, topping out at magnitude 7.8, but because so many buildings were damaged from that terrifying disaster, even a weaker quake is cause for serious concern. The new event was strong enough to be felt as far away as Lebanon and Egypt.” 6.3-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Turkey-Syria Border Region Devastated by Quakes Two Weeks Ago
- “What would it take for Biden to make some sort of deal with Tehran?” (10% for the Big Guy – jjs) The Iran Plan
- Daniel Greenfield: “A coup in Israel is backed by Washington D.C.” Biden Junta Funds Anti-Netanyahu Protest Group
- “Transforming the courts spells out demise for Israel’s leftists, and anti-Semitism erupts.” On the Brink of Judicial Reform, Israel’s Leftists Grow Panicked
- “Khan is facing charges stemming from October 2022 protests by supporters of his Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party, after the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) barred Khan from running for office for five years. The PTI urged its supporters to take to the streets, resulting in reported clashes with police in major cities including Islamabad and Karachi.”Hundreds of Pakistanis Shower Former Prime Minister Imran Khan With Flowers as He Heads to Court for Terrorism Charges
- “An endless battle of wits.” Ireland, Migrants, and Missing Passports
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “Renaming Maury Hall for Jimmy Carter is unfortunately an outrage.” The Naming Commission Strikes the Naval Academy
- Among those events, top Air Force leaders participated in the first service-wide LGBTQ+ Pride event organized by a new volunteer team within the Air Force focused on LGBTQ+ issues, the newsletter, dated Feb. 10, shows. The LGBTQ Initiatives Team (LIT) participated in 67 Pride commemorations across 33 Air Force and Space Force installations throughout 2022 and intends to organize more events this year. Here’s How Many Pride Events the Air Force Held in 2022, According to a Just-Launched DEI Newsletter
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE COURTS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE
- [So-called quote-unquote “president”] Joe Biden has yet to appoint an administrator to lead the Department of Transportation’s Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, which is charged with regulating transportation of hazardous materials.” (all things considered, let the bureaucracy go headless, especially when Leftists are running them – jjs)‘Not A Good Policy’: Biden Yet To Appoint Leader To Key Transportation Agency, Despite Train Derailment Disaster
HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE
- “The virus has been detected in Southern California’s wild bird population for the first time.”Bird Flu Outbreak Rages for Second Year as Virus Detected in Southern California
- “The American Medical Association’s ‘Racism in Medicine’ course is propaganda and engages in unfathomable scientific misrepresentations.” American Medical Association’s Racism Course Is Unscientific Propaganda
- Deane Waldman, M.D.: “The cost of ‘free’ healthcare? Human collateral.” Healthcare Job Growth Brings Death-by-Queueing to U.S.
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “Whether the science team will make another attempt to drill into this tough geological layer, indicated by the arrows on the overview map, is not clear at the moment, as the rover is now only a short distance from the southern edge of the layer.” For the 4th time Curiosity’s drill fails to penetrate marker layer
- “After undocking the Progress freighter from ISS yesterday, Russian astronauts on the station rolled it so that all sides of its service module could be photographed and inspected in the hope of spotting the leak in its coolant system that sprung on February 11th.” Inspection of leaking Progress after undocking detects no obvious damage
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- Robert Spencer: “How far are we going to let this madness go on?” Is Your Baby Non-Binary? Now Pennsylvania Social Workers Must Report On This
- “What East Germany’s government did to its athletes – and the dark lessons.” The Doping Down of Women’s Sports
- Robert Spencer Part Deux: “Another Twitter user summed up what is most likely Hogan’s game: ‘Larry Hogan gonna run the ‘say stuff liberals like so they give my GOP campaign money’ campaign. Then get 2%, drop out after the 4th primary, and use the leftover money to to [sic] fund a PAC of some variety that pays him a handsome salary. He knows exactly what he’s doing.’” 2024 GOP Fantasist Hogan Says Opposing Trans Propaganda in Schools Is ‘Authoritarian’
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “Salman Rushdie’s blast against the wokester censorship of Roald Dahl’s literary work is particularly powerful.” A Literary Lion Roars Against Wokesterism
- “Claiming to be offended has become a weapon to exert control over others that is neither justified nor deserved.” Why ‘The Right Not To Be Offended’ Is Offensive
- “Thank the Founders we live in a constitutional republic, and yet somehow we’re still subjected to these royal twits.” WATCH: Insufferable Twits Harry and Meghan Might Sue to Stop You From Seeing This South Park
- “Grunge identified many of America’s problems, even if it couldn’t offer solutions.” Make America Grunge Again
- Christian Toto: “Doug Ellin’s Twitter feed turns on Left, flashes frustration with both parties.”Entourage Creator Torches “Ignorant Fraud” AOC
- “It was once America’s outlet for political and cultural rebellion, but now rock and roll has taken a disturbing new direction, endorsing censorship, [Chinese] Covid mandates, and, worst of all, predictability.” Raging With the Machine
- “Leo Strauss and his student Harry Jaffa understood that once philosophical insights and political principles ossify into clichés, they are no longer meaningful.” “Bring Me Some New Clichés”
- “This is how the world will end. Not with hordes of shiny, red-eyed monstrosities with rail guns blowing us to smithereens. No, it will end with AI slowly driving us insane. One person at a time.” Grammarly Will Ruin the World Before Bing Destroys It
- Humberto Fontova: “You can bet The History Channel never featured anti-Castro warrior Erneido Oliva.” A Genuine Hero for Black History Month
HITHER & YON
- “A special tribute to Raquel Welch and Stella Stevens.” The Death of Beauty — Literally
- “The famous diplomat blamed Woodrow Wilson when it didn’t work out.” William Bullitt’s Search for Permanent World Peace
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.