Good morning, kids. So congratulations, I guess to Kevin McCarthy for the big “win” in the debt ceiling standoff. Evidently Joey Sponge-Brain Shits-Pants caved and there will be spending cuts in exchange for adding another $1.5 trillion to the national debt. About the only thing that you can give credit for is that it’s a political/propaganda win for McCarthy since the Dems were hell bent to dig in their jackboots on this to prevent the “crash of the economy” if we defaulted.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news for these raving loons but the economy is on the high speed rail line to destruction and there’s nothing that can stop it. If only that rail line were like the real thing and a boondoggle that never gets built. And as for spending cuts, I’ll be the first to admit that I haven’t the sitzfleisch to go through that mountain of paper/pixels to see if any real cuts are there, as opposed to merely cuts in the rate at which spending and borrowing increases. There are never any real cuts. Ever. Hence, being how many tens of trillions in the hole.
Kevin McCarthy trumpeted a debt-ceiling deal Sunday, but increasing debt another $4 trillion with minimal concessions is nothing to boast about.
To be fair, the House speaker has a razor slim majority and Republicans don’t control the Senate, where Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and his sidekick Lindsey Graham have announced that the only thing they care about is Ukraine.
But McCarthy’s one dealbreaker should have been his promise to defund President Biden’s massive $80 billion to turbocharge an already weaponized IRS.
This was the totemic centerpiece of his pitch to become speaker.
It was the most memorable promise of the Republicans’ midterm campaign to win back the House.
It struck a chord with voters, wary of funding a new “army” of armed IRS agents to harass middle-class families and small business owners and abuse their powers to target political dissidents, Soviet-style.
“Our very first bill will repeal the funding for 87,000 new IRS agents,” McCarthy vowed. “You see, we believe government should be to help you, not go after you.” Sure enough, the House voted 221-210 to repeal the extra IRS funding. “Promises made,” the newly minted speaker said Jan. 9, banging the gavel on the first bill of the Republican-controlled House.
What about promises kept? In the debt-ceiling deal outlined Sunday and due to be inked later this week, McCarthy has allowed the lion’s share of that extra IRS funding to remain unmolested: preserving $78.1 billion of the $80 billion. As rebel GOP Rep Dan Bishop put it: “So there will be 85,260 more IRS agents rather than 87,000 to eat you alive. Big win.”
Overpromising and underdelivering is what turns voters off the GOP.
You don’t mount a powerful six-month fear campaign about 87,000 new, armed IRS agents ready to break down people’s doors, and then meekly capitulate at the first sign of resistance. Even if those fears were exaggerated, your credibility rests on delivering a lot more than 2% of what you promised. In any case the fears about a weaponized IRS targeting Biden’s opponents are very real. If anything, the IRS is worse today than it was during the Obama administration, when Lois Lerner presided over the targeted harassment of Tea Party groups and other conservatives. Not a single IRS employee was held accountable for the scandal. Lerner retired on a full pension without even a slap on the wrist.
This is the same IRS which went after journalist Matt Taibbi last December, three weeks after he started reporting on the so-called “Twitter Files,” which revealed that censorship on the social-media platform had been coordinated by federal government agencies such as the FBI and CIA. On March 9, when Taibbi was testifying in Congress about, ironically enough, the weaponization of the federal government, IRS agents showed up unannounced at his New Jersey home. The IRS file on Taibbi was opened the day he posted his ninth and most explosive Twitter file, detailing how agencies including the Pentagon and the State Department had colluded with Twitter to stifle dissent. It was Christmas Eve, a Saturday, which shows what an unusual priority it was for an agency that normally goes to sleep for two weeks over Christmas and whose standard work week is Monday through Friday.
Under questioning from Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan, the IRS has claimed it had concerns about “identity fraud” with Taibbi’s 2018 and 2021 tax returns, and that he was sent two letters before the home visit. Yet Taibbi says he and his accountant never received any letters. Even more “unnerving” as Taibbi puts it, was the fact that an IRS case agent had compiled a dossier on him which included personal information such as his voter registration records and whether he had a concealed-weapons permit or a hunting or fishing license. Unlike Hunter Biden, Taibbi didn’t owe the IRS any taxes and in fact was due a refund. . .
. . . This is the IRS that is still getting almost $80 billion of taxpayer money to double down on its malfeasance in the countdown to the 2024 election — with the benign approval of the House Republicans who promised to stop it.
While the details of the agreement are still being ironed out, and congressional leaders still have to convince their Members to vote for it, some on the top Republicans in Washington, D.C., are not happy with the agreement.
“There are members of the GOP claiming Democrats got nothing from the ‘deal.’ Oh really? 1) An uncapped debt ceiling with an expiration date – worth approximately $4 trillion…? 2) basically no cuts – a freeze at bloated 2023 spending level?” Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX), a House Freedom Caucus member, tweeted. “ZERO claw back of the $1.2 Trillion ‘inflation reduction act’ crony giveaways to elite leftists for grid-destroying unreliable energy…? 4) 98% of the IRS expansion left fully in place…? 5) no work requirements for Medicaid? – & only age adjustments for TANF/SNAP…?”
“No REINS act statutory requirement for congress to approve huge regulations – just an ‘administrative’ paygo that the administration will get to enforce? 7) No border security!! – & a deal allowing them to avoid policy riders in the fall… 8) more…” he added.
Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) responded, “With Republicans like these, who needs Democrats?”
Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) echoed Lee’s tweet, writing: “Fake conservatives agree to fake spending cuts. Deal will increase mandatory spending ~5%, increase military spending ~3%, and maintain current non-military discretionary spending at post-COVID levels. No real cuts to see here. Conservatives have been sold out once again!”
“He’s right. There’s not ‘one thing’ for Dems. There are $4 trillion things—a blank check—for Democrats,” Cruz responded. “Plus 87,000 things: new IRS agents to harass Americans. All in exchange for eliminating virtually ALL of the House’s spending cuts.”
Rep. Ken Buck (R-CO) added, “This pretty much says it all. Democrats got everything they wanted with this bill and don’t have to defend their reckless spending prior to the 2024 election. It’s a win for them.”
Yup. Winning. Regardless of who is at the top of the GOP, it’s still the same old story as it’s been since Ike was president. The Republican Party in the main does not have a problem at all with an ever-expanding bureaucracy and big, central all-powerful government. The only differentiator that they would tell you (that is if they were being honest in the first place about my statement) is that they’re better managers than the Democrats. Whether it’s Ike, Nixon, Ford, Reagan, the Shrubs or even Trump, the size and scope of the bureaucracy has never ever been starved of the lifeblood it needs to metastasize into what it has become. The money.
I’m no economist, but had there been no deal reached and we indeed did default, would the sky have fallen in on our heads? I don’t think so. In any case, assuming there was some degree of pain and disruption to our daily lives, my contention is that it would be eminently better than what we are suffering under now and for sure what is to come under the continued non-stop functioning of the beast that is our tormenter, the all-powerful State in DC and its tentacles in far too many statehouses.
It’s all kabuki-bukkake theater anyway. There will be no intentional stopping and reversing of course of this under any circumstances, even if the GOP wins 100 Senate seats, the 530-odd House seats and the White House come 2024.
This nation, whatever you want to call it, is no longer run by the governmental system laid out in 1789. Hasn’t been for decades. Christopher Wray essentially telling Rep James Comer to go fuck himself by refusing to hand over smoking gun documents regarding the Biden Crime Family is just one example of dozens we all could cite off the top of our heads. He, Wray, is the embodiment of what is essentially an authoritarian regime that runs the show, somewhat akin to a monarchy insofar as its generational elitist, globalist bloodline.
“This is an unusual Memorial Day. Today we remember, with a debt of gratitude we can never repay, those who have made the ultimate sacrifice to keep us free from external enemies. As we do so, internal enemies are working steadily to erode and ultimately destroy the very freedoms for which so many gave their lives, and to render their sacrifices meaningless.
Today is May 29. It is not only Memorial Day; it is also the 570th anniversary of an event that is largely forgotten today, but was one of the most momentous occasions in all of human history: the conquest of Constantinople and final destruction of the Roman Empire. . . In many ways . . .we are still living in the Roman Empire; its cultural influence has never dissipated. The lessons we can learn from it are so many and various as to defy easy synopsis. But one of the most telling of those lessons for our situation today is that for most of its long lifetime, the Roman Empire was generally thought to be invincible on the battlefield, so far superior to other military forces that the Romans at times even prevailed against stronger forces on the power of their reputation alone. Not only Romans, but many non-Romans at times assumed this.
Roman politicians likewise thought that the empire could never be defeated, and behaved accordingly, unhesitatingly engaging in savage infighting without regard for how this fighting would weaken the empire before its external enemies. The empire was forever. It would never end . . .
. . . On this Memorial Day, we are likewise still threatened by those Islamic jihadis, although most Americans have forgotten about their existence and think that they are a spent force. We are also threatened by a mass migration that weakens our national character and unity. And just as was so often the case in the Roman empire, the most immediate threat comes from within, from those who are so intent on securing their power, and so short-sighted, that they are destroying the very basis of that power. As we remember the fallen today, we must realize that the existential threat we face today cannot and will not be defeated by military force.
The soldiers now are ordinary citizens. The warriors who win the next victory for human dignity and freedom will be people who had the courage to stand against the officially mandated madness and say, “No more.” We have been brought to a point where it is no longer enough to be grateful to God that some people gave their lives to defend and protect our civilization. It is now incumbent upon us to arise and be willing to do the same, not with bullets and bombs, but with the force of reason and the unyielding refusal to surrender and submitWe live in an age when absurdity and madness are not only in the ascendancy, but are insistently forced upon us by an increasingly authoritarian ruling traitor class. In this age, staying sane is a revolutionary act. On this Memorial Day, dare to be part of that revolution.
We’ll have a Memorial Day thread just after the Morning Rant.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- “Carlsten said the back of the six-story apartment complex collapsed and had separated from the building, which houses apartments on the upper floors and businesses on the ground level.” Rescue Operations Underway After Apartment Building Partially Collapses in Davenport, Iowa
* * * * *
- “Our institutions are failing the American people and will continue to do so until accountability is demanded by the public and restored by our political leaders.” This Is No Way to Run a Government
- Sohrab Ahmari: “Techno-capitalism and urban dilapidation … seemed to go hand-in-hand.”Do Androids Dream of Terrible Streets?
- Victor Davis Hanson: “For the left-wing elites, the cause is but a means to personal and professional power.” It Was Always Only About Power With the Left
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- Miranda Devine: “As rebel GOP Rep Dan Bishop put it: ‘So there will be 85,260 more IRS agents rather than 87,000 to eat you alive. Big win.’” McCarthy’s debt-ceiling deal with Biden comes up short on his vow to reign in IRS
- “But now it seems that the radical queer lobby has done us a favor by overreaching by several miles and waking up normal low-information citizens who don’t watch the political news and had no idea what was going on until they walked into a Target and saw satanic transgender violent propaganda next to the air fryers.” Target Store Bomb Threats Sent By . . . Angry Pro-Pride Left-Winger!
- “The left’s cultural revolution continues unabated as the St. Junipero vandals receive excessive leniency from Democrat prosecutors.” The Unpunished St. Junipero Vandals are America’s Communist ‘Blue Guards’
- “How many people from New York and California can one state be expected to accept anyway?” Yes, Democrats, Stay Out of Florida
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “According to a report by POLITICO, it appears that the Big Tech entrepreneur may be prioritising his freedom of speech committment over pleasing EU overlords, with the publication detailing rumours that Musk was pulling Twitter out of the voluntary anti-disinformation project.” EU Furious After Elon Musk Pulls Twitter Out of Online Censorship Programme
- “A society without free thinkers, dissenters and contrarians is not only one that lacks color and vibrance, it is accelerating toward a wreck.” America’s Dangerous Shortage of Free Thinkers
- “The Left’s manufactured ‘book ban crisis’ is shameless and unrelenting.” Amplifying the Book Ban Bushwa
SHAMPEACHMENT 1.0, 2016 CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- Thad McCotter: “The FBI knowingly participated in the Democrats’ seditious undermining of a duly elected president.” Democrats Demand Homage to Hoover’s Ghost
BIDEN CRIME FAMILY REVELATIONS
- Margot Cleveland: “Whistleblower Gary Shapley seems poised to name names on Friday in a House committee hearing on the IRS Hunter Biden probe. Here’s what else he’s expected to talk about.” Here’s What The IRS Whistleblower Will Tell Lawmakers About The Hunter Biden Probe Behind Closed Doors
- “The Penn Biden Center and the National Conference on Citizenship published a 2020 report, which was funded by a $259,050 grant from Open Society Foundations, recommending increasing the number of refugees permitted to come to the U.S. and easing restrictions on refugee eligibility, actions the White House has since taken. The report was led by Ariana Berengaut, who now serves as senior adviser to national security adviser Jake Sullivan, and Eric Hysen, who was sworn in as chief information officer (CIO) for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in February 2021; Rosanna Kim, who serves as senior adviser for the State Department’s Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM) since January 2021, also contributed to the report.” Nazi Collaborator Soros Funded a Biden Center Report on Letting More Refugees into the US. Some of its Authors Now Work for Biden
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, DEMOCRAT-LEFT WAR ON FOSSIL FUELS, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “In Thursday’s Sackett v. Environmental Protection Agency decision, the Supreme Court issued a unanimous decision that the EPA can’t prohibit Idaho residents Michael and Chantell Sackett from building a home on their property near a wetland.” Farmers Cheer SCOTUS WOTUS Decision Returning Property Rights to Landowners from Biden’s Clutches
- “The barbarians are within the gates now.” Biden Ratchets Up ‘Climate’ Radicalism
- “Dem’s State Department hopes to emulate success of past podcasts such as ‘What’s a Man? Masculinity in India.'” (second look at Jut Nib Coozletter? – jjs) Want To Inspire ‘Changemakers’ in India To Fight Climate Change? Biden Could Fund Your Podcast.
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “The White House ‘wasted time and refused to negotiate for months,’ House Speaker Kevin McCarthy says.” Biden Wavers, Makes Tentative Debt Ceiling Deal With Republicans
- “Despite these setbacks, we must save the American economy from Republicans’ irresponsible and radical plans to impose a damaging default. The failure to do so would have catastrophic impacts on every American, every family, and the global economy,” Hoyer reportedly said. Democrats Acknowledge Defeat in Debt Negotiations, Urge Members to Vote ‘Yes’ Anyway
- “With Republicans like these, who needs Democrats?” Top Conservatives Slam McCarthy-Biden Agreement
- “Maybe it doesn’t do everything for everyone, but this is a step in the right direction that no one thought that we would be able to today,” McCarthy said. “I’ll debate this bill with anybody. Is it everything I wanted? No, because we don’t control all of it. But it is the biggest rescission in history. It is the biggest cut Congress has ever voted for in that process.” Speaker Kevin McCarthy Touts Wins Conservatives Secured In Tentative Debt Ceiling Agreement
- Steve Bannon sez: “Any Republican that votes for this—they should primary them because this is nothing but a set of small optics compared to the real problem. The problem that this exacerbates the debt problem because it takes off any limits to what can be added to the debt ceiling. There’s no number, and we know it’s for two years.” What Does Biden and McCarthy’s Debt Ceiling Deal Mean, in Practice?
- “The lack of private retirement accounts held by the French is not irresponsibility, rather, it is by design. The French pay high taxes and social security charges (mandatory payments for daycare, retirement, and healthcare), and the system, by taxing citizens at high rates, coupled with the cultural expectation that the government provides for one’s retirement, encourages the French to depend on the government for retirement.” One European Country Shows What Might Happen In America If Reckless Spending Continues
- With the way the ‘recovery’ of the dollar index is going, it almost looks as though the dollar functions differently for the rich elite and for the regular middle-class American.” Poor Man’s Dollar, Rich Man’s Dollar
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “To my friends and family, the outpouring of love has touched our hearts for all eternity,” Michael Jr., Kunovich’s oldest son said during the service. “My father was a kind, generous, and intelligent man full of common sense and humor. He truly embodied what it meant to be a great person but most importantly, he was a great dad.” Angel Sons of Sgt. Michael Kunovich Remember ‘Kind, Generous’ Father Who Died Allegedly at Hands of Illegal Alien
- “. . . The Adams administration makes it appear that school enrollment in New York City is up, despite leading all other cities in outmigration due to crime and broken education, via mass absorption of illegal immigrants. Also, the administration can now justify why the education budget needs more money, even though hundreds of thousands of families have left New York City with their student children.” NYC Schools a Being Overpopulated with Illegal Aliens
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “New York City shows what happens when consequences are replaced with social services.”How Not to Fight Crime
- Lloyd Billingsley: “San Francisco District Attorney Brooke Jenkins follows the law and the evidence and does not make decisions based on what may be politically expedient.” What a Difference a Real DA Makes
- DeSantis made the comment while describing the harm done in liberal-run cities that delayed reopening schools after the [Chinese] COVID threat had waned. “Nobody wants to admit that they wanted to lock kids out of school for a year and a half because you’ve seen the results,” DeSantis said, noting how school attendance never recovered in Chicago, Los Angeles and New York: DeSantis: In Chicago, “You’re More Likely to Get Shot” than Get Good Education – Study Finds Chances Are Actually 1 in 15
AMERICA AND THE WORLD IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- We were told to get “vaccines” that we know now do not work. We know masks Fauci face diapers were nothing more than ineffectual symbols of obeisance. The next question is, who profited from all the [Chinese] COVID era lies? Unfollow the Science: 300 Chinese COVID Articles Pulled, Many Over Lack of Ethical Standards
- The public learned, among other things, that former Health Secretary Matt Hancock discussed “deploying” a new variant for PR purposes, and suggested the government “get heavy with police” to enforce stricter lockdown measures. The British Government is Fighting to Hide Chinese COVID-Era “Secrets”
- “Atlas was booed as he encouraged the audience to save their country by committing themselves to the truth.” (shocked he was invited to speak in the first place – jjs) Scott Atlas Heckled At College Commencement Ceremony For Dealing Harsh Truths About Chinese COVID
- “Congressman Paul A. Gosar of Arizona’s essay on the Biden regime’s anti-American zealotry is a direct appeal to hold the House accountable.” Rep. Paul Gosar Op-Ed: Impending ‘Pistol Brace’ Rule Seeks to Subvert American Electoral System and Her Citizenry
- “The law would allow an ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to seek an ‘extreme risk protective order’ depriving the subject of firearms.” Michigan Enacts Red Flag Gun Law; Sheriffs Vow Resistance
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- As a parent, I certainly don’t want my young daughters accessing pornographic content under any circumstances, let alone without my knowledge or consent. I think most Virginia parents, regardless of their political party, would agree with this sentiment. Yet Sen. Mason thinks protecting children from indecent material online amounts to a “garbage” policy that’s “stupid.” Democrats Are Now Referring To Protecting Children as “Parental Crap’
- “Thanks to the work of legislators and governors in Iowa and Florida, we will have thousands more students taking advantage of school choice in the USA. We have potential expansions lined up in North Carolina and Ohio, which would again add thousands more eligible students, with millions in total in school choice states.” ‘Unprecedented Push’: Here Are The Red States That Have Enacted Sweeping School Choice Legislation In 2023
- “Fewer universities are inviting conservative commencement speakers.” Caps, Gowns, and Rude Interruptions
- “In an odd way, out-of-control schools may be our best defense against those who insist upon teaching dangerous nonsense.” The Futility of School Reform
- “Schoolwide cluster grouping is a counterpoint to today’s prevalent education ideology pushed by social justice advocates.” An Innovative Education Model Shows Promise
- “The momentum for protecting life is for early limits, which reflects what we are seeing across the country,” Students For Life Vice President of Political Affairs and State Operations Dustin Curtis told the Daily Caller News Foundation. (if abortion really was political suicide, then would this be happening? – jjs) Nearly One Year After Dobbs, Half the Country Now Bans Abortions By 12 Weeks
- There are a number of times throughout the leaked audio that DeSantis’ strategists can be heard telling wealthy donors: “You have to win a primary before you win a general,” – which is political campaign speak for “we’ll move to the middle after we win the nomination.”Leaked DeSantis Camp Audio: Move to “The Middle” After Primary, Clinton’s Approach to Abortion
- “The overwhelmingly conservative West Texas community did not take kindly to the coffeehouse misrepresenting the values of its citizens.” Texas Coffee Shop Known For ‘Family Friendly’ Drag Events, Handing Out Plan B Like Candy Closes Doors After Backlash
THE 2020 AND 2022ELECTION HEISTS & AFTERMATH
- K.T. McFarland: “So they’ve gotten away with it for two elections. They will for sure get away with it — try and get away with it in 2024, right? Because there are no consequences. The difference is in 2024, the evidence is there. We now have the Durham investigation and all the Congressional investigations.” Trump National Security Adviser: Deep State Will ‘for Sure’ Rig 2024 Election
- Winning elections and taking back the state government appears to be the only way elections in Arizona can be cleaned up and the will of the people can be implemented. According to The Epoch Times, Hobbs has vetoed 99 bills passed by the Republican-controlled legislature — more than any previous governor — including bills that ban the teaching of critical race theory in K-12 public schools, eliminate the food tax, protect infants born alive in botched abortions, and even a bill that protected pregnant women from being attacked. Of Course: Illegitimate Gov. Hobbs Vetoes Election Integrity Reforms in Arizona
- “And the RINOs running the Texas Legislature are going to help.” The Vote Fraud Monster Is Coming for Ted Cruz
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- Daniel Greenfield: “BDS, leftist and Muslim anti-Semitism can’t be talked about.” Biden’s Strategy to Fight Anti-Semitism Enables Hatred of Jews and Israel
- “In this war there are only two sides: the Tao and the Machine, God or Satan. You have to choose, but choose wisely.” Corporate America Has Launched A Religious War. It’s Time To Choose Your Side
DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- “Paxton is suspended from office until a Senate trial determines his fate.” Texas AG Ken Paxton Impeached By State House In 121-23 Vote
- “Since the vote, [State Sen. Fred] Mills’ history of repeatedly using drag to sell a pharmacy’s products and services – including school uniforms – has emerged, leading some to question his motives in voting down the bill.” Republican Who Blocked Bill to Ban Trans Surgery for Minors Cross-Dressed for Cash
- “The proliferation of long-shot Republican presidential hopefuls has only one upside: Donald Trump will get to do his thing.” Why Are We Doing This Again?
- “. . . a solid 42% of Biden supporters polled said they could be persuaded to vote for someone else in the primary. . . As Biden’s mental facilities decline along with his poll numbers, it’s difficult to imagine what tricks his handlers are going to pull out of the hat to turn the ship around between now and November 2024.” (82 million volts, er, votes! – jjs)Poll: Biden Approval Rating Declines to All-Time Low
- “A board member for Mitch McConnell’s Senate Leadership Fund, Cox’s reason for departure is still unknown, with POLITICO reporter Alex Isenstadt reporting: ‘Phil Cox is stepping down from his volunteer role at the pro-DeSantis Never Back Down super PAC, per person familiar. People close to Cox say he remains a supporter of DeSantis.’” DeSantis’ ‘Never Back Down’ PAC Advisor Backs Down, Leaves PAC
- “So why has my vote for Trump morphed from reluctant in 2016, enthusiastic in 2020 and now for 2024, there is no one else?” Answering the Big Question: Ron or Don?
- Roger Kimball: “The blind trajectory set by Joe Biden’s autopilot just barreled on through, unhindered.” The Politics of Inertia
- Pfft. RINO Stooge Chris Sununu to Decide on 2024 Run “In the Next Week or Two”
- “Philadelphia is safe from Philly’s AOC – at least for now.” Philadelphia Dems Give a Jane Fonda-Endorsed Candidate the Boot
- “How red California turned blue.” Revisiting Reagan Country
THE UKRAINIAN “FRONT”
- “Ukraine should be told, not asked, what the terms of a peace settlement will be.” If Russia Wins
- “Government ethics watchdogs say the [so-called quote-unquote “president’s”] friendship poses a potential conflict of interest. How has massive foreign aid been used, and who has benefited from it?” Ukraine War Threatens Biden Megadonor
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “Erdoğan eked out somewhat surprising victories in several of the provinces most devastated by deadly earthquakes in February, where he faced significant political headwinds for a real estate developer “amnesty” that allowed buildings not up to earthquake code to persist unrepaired, likely worsening the five-figure death toll.: Erdogan Declares Victory on Bus Roof in Violent Turkish Presidential Election
- “The nuclear-capable ballistic missile, modeled on North Korea’s Musudan, can reach Israel and parts of southern Europe.” Iran Unveils New Long-Range Missile “Kheibar” Named After 7th Century Muslim Massacre of Jews
- “70,000 Christians have been imprisoned in camps along with those believers from other religions.” (the Norks are merely ahead of the curve here in this country – jjs) North Korea: Christians in Possession of Bible Face Execution, Prison — Including Children
- “He made a simple joke at the expense of the party, and his ability to do business in China vanished.” (and this is different from Hollywood how exactly? – jjs) Comedian Uncle Roger Previews What A Future Under Chinese Commies Looks Like
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “Milley’s replacement, Air Force General Charles Q. Brown, has published a blatantly racist, quota-based personnel promotion document, while presiding over tanking recruiting and military readiness numbers.” (does he have a dildo and is he also an anti-semite? – jjs) Joint Chiefs Chairman “Vanilli” Milley’s Replacement Even More Woke, If That is Possible
- Raymond Ibrahim: “She’s probably right, but not because of any particular Muslim strength.”Erdoğan’s Daughter Boasts: Islam Will “Break the Western Cross”
HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE
- New York City Republican City Councilman Joseph Borelli warned in April the new law will “empower people to sue anyone and everything.” “I’m overweight, but I’m not a victim,” Borelli told the New York Times in April. “No one should feel bad for me except for my struggling shirt buttons.” New York City Mayor Makes Obesity a Protected Class
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “Note that this really isn’t news. Anyone with any intellectual honesty at all will know that every aspect of SLS and Orion is mismanaged and will go over budget and behind schedule endlessly. These problems are not a bug, however, but a feature of the system. ” NASA inspector general finds more cost overruns in the agency’s SLS rocket program
- “The astronomers believe the star is recovering from the ejection of material from that 2019-2020 dimming, its gas bag shape bouncing in and out like a blob of water floating in weightlessness. They also think it might take five to ten years for those reverberations to settle down.” Betelgeuse continues to fluctuate in unexpected ways
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- In one post, the account said, “CIF is frightened of women holding banners. They told us they would stop the entire meet b/c we had a banner that said: ‘Protect Female Sports.’ CIF allows boys the choice to compete against girls.” WATCH – Californians Protesting Transgenders in Girls’ Sports Forced to Exit Stadium: Officials ‘Frightened of Women Holding Banners’
- “They reduce the individual to something sub-human, to mere sexual desire or preferred pronouns.” Resisting the Alphabet Reich
- “The modern leftist agenda—which lies at the foundation of the Democrat party, the mainstream American media, government schools, and the like—is itself a war on truth.”Transgenderism and its War on Truth
- “Let’s not wait 20 years to come to our senses.” The 1980s Satanic Panic and Transgenderism Today
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- Good. Target Loses $10 Billion in 10 Days as Stocks Fall Following Boycott Over Tranny/Homo-Friendly Kids Clothing
- “Every month, bodies with female sex organs prepare for pregnancy.” Woke War on Women: P&G’s ‘Always’ Feminine Products Geared To “Bodies With Female Sex Organs”
- “A great franchise famous for its artful dodging has lost its way.” Dodgers, Indeed
- “The ‘national pastime’ tries to define reality to protect its brand.” Major League Censorship
- “. . . there is a polite way to address the pronoun madness at work, and we can learn from this man’s example how to speak up for what’s right in our culture in a gentle and thoughtful way.” Is There a Polite Way to Handle the Pronoun Madness? (brass knucks and baseball bats – jjs)
- “It seems as though Marvel Comics is moving in a good direction (even if Disney, its owner, isn’t). Hopefully the insanely woke DC will follow suit.” Is Marvel Comics Done Being Woke?
* * * * *
- “We conservatives are not going to spend our lives looking the other way.” Let’s Bankrupt All the Pride Sponsors (With Joy and Conviction)
- “UK National governing body will not let biological men compete in women’s races.” (good! – jjs) Cycling Governing Body Bans Trans Competitors
- “A seemingly endless stream of Twitter users are boycotting the brand.” (ditto! – jjs)Backlash & Boycott-Calls Hit North Face After Ad Featuring Drag Queen Inviting Everyone To ‘Come Out’
- “Publishers are censoring the classic works of P.G. Wodehouse.” Who Let Roderick Spode Edit Jeeves
- “Just being able to hear my national anthem, see my flag, I definitely want to stand. Now everybody that will not stand or not come out, I totally support them 100 percent. That’s our right, as an American in this great country.” (meh, she says this now, but let’s see how long it lasts – jjs) Brittney Griner Will Stand for National Anthem After 10 Months in Russian Prison
- “Film on Sky finished and tv pinged onto #OpenHouse what fresh hell is this?!? I can’t believe this is on normal TV,” one person wrote on Twitter. Another asked, “I’m too British to have an orgy. What do you talk about? Is it okay to laugh a lot? Is it okay to take a break and make a sandwich? #OpenHouse.” UK TV Show Leaves Viewers Shocked After Airing 15-Person Orgy
HITHER & YON
- Richard Fernandez: “The Biblical injunction to ‘put on the full armor of God, so that you can make your stand against the devil’s schemes’ may not be so archaic after all. The Return of Good and Evil, Part 2
- Christian Toto: “Comedy should have reached out to Red States to soften box office blow.”Why About My Father Missed a Golden Opportunity
- “Gray’s breaks with the Republican establishment were as significant as his points of support for it.” C. Boyden Gray: The Passing of an Uncommon American Conservative
- “A reissued book of Vietnam War stories raises important questions about how we remember conflicts and those who fought in them.” Make the Days Count
- “No popular regime, it would seem, can sustain civic piety based on reason alone because too few will grasp the truth of it and even those few who grasp it will infuse it with error.”Sorcery or Nihilism, Part II
FINALLY . . .
- Robert Spencer: “As we remember those who died to defend freedom, we are close to losing it.” Memorial Day in a Time of Crisis
- “We should never take for granted the willingness of Americans to sacrifice themselves on the altar of the republic.” Reflections on Memorial Day 2023
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.