Good morning, kids. Despite being downgraded to a tropical storm, Hillary nevertheless has slammed into the southern California region bringing flooding and mudslides. On top of that, a 5.5 quake hit northwest of L.A. with an epicenter near the beautiful town of Ojai. Prayers for all affected. It used to be when natural disasters hit, one would expect officials to be prepared and display a level of competence that would mitigate the pain and suffering of the citizenry.
Of course “used to be” predates the complete clusterfuck in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in 2005. When competence runs a distant second, or perhaps lower than that, to malfeasance, corruption, greed and racialism as was amply demonstrated in the personages of Ray “Chocolate City” Nagin and Kathleen Blanco, the result was what would’ve been merely a very bad storm turned into an abject catastrophe. Naturally, the ensuing death, misery and destruction were used by the Left and their media propagandists to bash Dubya and white people in general. The most horrific example was the blood libel that Bush intentionally dynamited the levies so as to depopulate New Orleans of its black people. The decades-long goniffing of funds from the Army Corps of Engineers to bolster said levies was conveniently left out of the narrative.
In any case, what happened down in the Big Sleazy was merely a foretaste of what was to come in places like East Palestine, OH and now in Maui, HI.
Kaleo Manuel, the now-“redeployed” Hawaiian state water commissioner who delayed the release of water for five hours to Lahaina’s firefighters as the town burned, is no ordinary bureaucrat.
He’s got “supporters” . . .
. . . What kind of bureaucrat has “supporters”? Politicians have supporters, but bureaucrats? And why are they stepping up to the plate now, particularly with news coming out that he delayed the release of water to save Lahaina. Are they happy he apparently stuck it to Lahaina? This doesn’t seem to be the time to applaud this guy, let alone shower him with leis and dance the hula in his honor. But they are.
And that suggests that reforming the system in Hawaii that created the conditions for the incineration of Lahaina, is going to very tough job to uproot. Politics is at work here.
After all, here’s what he did to get himself “redeployed” as deputy director of his agency, the Hawaiian Commission on Water Resources Management, according to Honolulu Civil Beat, which broke the story:
With wildfires ravaging West Maui on Aug. 8, a state water official delayed the release of water that landowners wanted to help protect their property from fires. The water standoff played out over much of the day and the water didn’t come until too late.
The dispute involved the Department of Land and Natural Resources’ water resource management division and West Maui Land Co., which manages agricultural and residential subdivisions in West Maui as well as Launiupoko Irrigation Co., Launiupoko Water Co., Olowalu Water Co. and Ha’iku Town Water Association.
DLNR delayed releasing water requested by West Maui Land Co. to help prevent the spread of fire, sources familiar with the situation said.
Specifically, according to accounts of four people with knowledge of the situation, M. Kaleo Manuel, a Native Hawaiian cultural practitioner and DLNR’s deputy director for water resource management, initially balked at West Maui Land Co.’s requests for additional water to help prevent the fire from spreading to properties managed by the company.
According to the sources, Manuel wanted West Maui Land to get permission from a taro, or kalo, farm located downstream from the company’s property. Manuel eventually released water but not until after the fire had spread. It was not clear on Monday how much damage the fire did in the interim or whether homes were damaged.
Seems the taro farmer (or farm collective) he had to get permission from first needed five hours to make up his mind about whether to save Lahaina.
And based on what’s known about Manuel, given his youthful age of 39, his involvement with Native Hawaiian “collectives,” as well as his statements about water “equity,” he seems to have thought he only represented Native Hawaiian activist groups in his state job, and not the county of Maui or the entire state of Hawaii. . . Manuel’s background seems to be distinctly political.
First, he’s an Obama Leader, and not just any Obama leader, but one of two leaders who were designated the leaders of the leaders in 2019. His bio reads:
Kaleo is passionate about elevating native and indigenous ways of knowing in all spheres of discourse and dialogue.
His mentor, who promoted him to water commissioner, was one Suzanne Case, head of the powerful Department of Land and Natural Resources, who went to Punahou school, same as Obama, and only a few years apart.
His connection to Vicki Holt, the hula master who danced for him, seems obvious enough — she runs the Pa’i Foundation and has Manuel on the board of directors.
His qualification for job seemed to be his activist background. After all, the education portion of his resume reads that he’s got a major in Native Hawaiian culture, another in Urban and Regionall Planning, plus a certificate in Native Hawaiian historical preservation, which is quite a credential for the guy who let Lahaina burn.
A water commissioner who knows nothing about water except perhaps that it’s wet. Sort of like a transportation secretary who know nothing about transportation except that he travels first class and where the nearest luxury chest-feeding lounge is located. And on and on and on. If you think Kaleo Manuel and Mayor Buttplug are bad, here’s a foretaste of who’s going to be in the on-deck circle in the coming years.
Portland Public Schools is workshopping new “equitable grading practices” that bar teachers from assigning “zeros” to students who cheat or fail to turn in assignments.
The district’s initiative aims to address “racial disparities” and “inequities” in grading and instruction, a “journey” that the district began “during the pandemic,” a handout reviewed by the Washington Free Beacon says. “Grading for equity,” the handout states, includes eliminating “zeros” as a grade—even when a student cheats or fails to turn in a test or assignment. It also calls for no penalties for late work and no grades for both homework and “non-academic factors,” such as “participation, attendance, effort, attitude, [and] behavior.”
The new grading practices, which are expected to be implemented districtwide by 2025 after some classrooms adopted them last year, reflect left-wing efforts across the country to achieve “equitable outcomes” among all students. In California, for example, new equity-focused math curriculum guidelines aim to narrow the gap between gifted and non-gifted learners by abandoning “student tracking” practices that help accelerated learners access more advanced instruction. . .
. . . The district’s new “bias-resistant” grading initiative argues that teachers should assign grades “based on valid evidence of a student’s content knowledge, not on evidence that … is likely to be influenced by a teacher’s implicit bias or reflect a student’s environment.” Teachers who offer extra credit, give zeros for cheating, penalize late work, and dock students for poor attendance or classroom behavior may be guilty of such bias.
The initiative also calls to only “base grades on summative assessments, instead of classwork, homework, formative assessments, etc.” Should a student cheat or fail to submit an assignment on time, teachers should provide a grade of at least 50 percent, the district handout outlining the initiative says. The initiative also calls to replace the typical “0-100” grading scale with a “0-4” scale.
This is how you get a water commissioner who “is passionate about elevating native and indigenous ways of knowing in all spheres of discourse and dialogue.”
Wait until these degreed dolts are not just working as governmental apparatchiks, but as doctors and engineers and scientists. Not to mention . . . the military:
On Thursday, The Daily Signal’s Rob Bluey reported that Col. Benjamin Jonsson, who is “currently awaiting promotion to brigadier general,” penned an article in the Air Force Times weeks after George Floyd’s death lamenting his fellow white airmen don’t go along with leftist talking points about so-called “racial injustice” in the U.S. armed forces.
“As white colonels, you and I are the biggest barriers to change if we do not personally address racial injustice in our Air Force. Defensiveness is a predictable response by white people to any discussion of racial injustice. White colonels are no exception,” Jonsson wrote. “We are largely blind to institutional racism, and we take offense to any suggestion that our system advantaged us at the expense of others.”
Jonsson went on claim he “drew attention” to the notion that “racial tension remains an important issue to address” while speaking with two white colonels. According to Jonsson, his “introduction of race into the conversation created social discomfort,” allegedly causing both service members to “ameliorate” the situation “with humor.” He furthermore admonished a fellow white colonel who purportedly expressed the meritocratic sentiment that “when anyone joins the Air Force, they need to adopt the culture of the Air Force [and] that [the branch] should not make cultural accommodations.”
. . . Jonsson wasn’t quite finished demanding his fellow service members view the world through a racial lens. At the end of his article, the Air Force colonel recommended airmen develop a “game plan” to break so-called “invisible barriers” in the military by reading Robin DiAngelo’s White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism, a book that promotes divisive ideologies such as critical race theory (CRT).
“Dear white colonel, it is time to give a damn. Aim High,” he added.
The Air Force Times article is hardly the only incident in which Jonsson has pushed the military to adopt ideas saturated in so-called “diversity, equity, and inclusion” (DEI), a poisonous left-wing framework that dismisses merit and instead discriminates based on characteristics such as skin color and sex.
In a December 2020 video commemorating the service of a Tuskegee Airman, Jonsson said the celebration gives the Air Force a chance to “acknowledge that there’s still progress that we need to make as a service.”
“There’s still barriers, more invisible barriers, that some of our airmen from underrepresented groups … still feel in their service,” Jonsson claimed. “We’re aggressively knocking down those barriers.”
Jonsson’s apparent infatuation with CRT and DEI ideologies further highlights the importance of Alabama Sen. Tommy Tuberville’s ongoing bid to force individual votes on Biden’s military appointees. Using his role on the Senate Armed Services Committee, Tuberville has been slowing down military personnel moves that require Senate confirmation to protest the Pentagon’s use of taxpayer money to cover service members’ travel expenses to get abortions.
To be clear, Tuberville is not blocking votes, but is forcing the Armed Services Committee to vote on each nomination individually rather than voting “en masse on large numbers of nominations.” The Alabama senator has since faced numerous attacks from Democrats and establishment Republicans, many of whom have baselessly claimed his protest is harming “military readiness.”
Yay! Bipartisanship! People talk about “draining the swamp.” This isn’t a swamp. It’s an ocean the size of Jupiter and it’s infecting not just government but every level of our society. Even unrigged elections for the next 100 years won’t begin to make a dent in this. This cancer demands radical surgery. Now.
* * * * *
A couple of things noted at press time. First, Donald Trump has decided to skip the debates because in his words:
“The public knows who I am & what a successful Presidency I had, with Energy Independence, Strong Borders & Military, Biggest EVER Tax & Regulation Cuts, No Inflation, Strongest Economy in History, & much more. I WILL THEREFORE NOT BE DOING THE DEBATES!”
Well, this is either a brilliant move or he’s shooting himself in the foot. In any case, considering my contention that the 2024 election outcome is already predetermined, what does it matter anyway?
Second, perhaps I was too quick in handing out the moniker “Red Meat” to Vivek Ramaswamy. After what was a really impressive interview with Tucker Carlson on his “X” Twitter feed, he steps on his dick:
The 38-year-old biotech entrepreneur and self-proclaimed political “outsider,” has raised eyebrows for his shifting positions on U.S. military aid to Israel, which he now says he wants to cut off in 2028.
While anti-Israel activists have long lobbied for ending U.S. military funding to the Jewish state, Ramaswamy said he supports Israel’s continued security.
The candidate’s stance on the military aid—$3 billion a year, which Israel is largely required to spend on U.S.-manufactured equipment—has changed several times over the past few months. This week, he told the Washington Free Beacon that he supports ending the military funding once the current package passed by Congress expires in 2028, arguing that the aid will be unnecessary after he successfully negotiates new peace treaties between Israel and its Arab neighbors during the first year of his presidency.
“If we’re successful, the true mark of success for the U.S., and for Israel, will be to get to a 2028 where Israel is so strongly standing on its own two feet, integrated into the economic and security infrastructure of the rest of the Middle East, that it will not require and be dependent on that same level of historical aid or commitment from the U.S.,” Ramaswamy told the Free Beacon on Saturday. . .
. . . Conservative pundit Mark Levin questioned Ramaswamy’s position in a message to the candidate on Twitter.
“We need Israel as a counterweight to Iran, Syria, terrorist organizations, etc. You seem oblivious to America’s need to have strong and reliable allies throughout the world to help our own security needs,” wrote Levin. “I’m all for outsiders. But, respectfully, you need to bone up a bit on this subject.”
Ramaswamy has acknowledged that he is a newcomer to some of these foreign policy debates. He noted that he “didn’t know much of this six months ago,” in an interview with radio host Hugh Hewitt about Taiwan this month, adding that the “only difference between me and the other candidates is I’m the only one actually willing to admit that.”
This could also explain his shifting positions as he attempts to grapple with these issues on the national stage.
Ramaswamy’s latest stance on Israeli military funding comes two months after the candidate told the Free Beacon that he supported continuing aid to Israel. The Free Beacon asked Ramaswamy to clarify his position in June after he was videotaped telling a small campaign gathering that he would consider ending military financial support to the Jewish state.
“That’s not what I said,” Ramaswamy told the Free Beacon, when asked if he supported cutting aid to Israel at the time. “When someone asked about aid to Israel, I said we can’t narrowly criticize our financial aid to Israel in isolation when our other policies of engagement in the Middle East have indirectly contributed to the threats that Israel faces.”
“Bone up” indeed. Look, I get the anger about sending dollars abroad especially to shit-hole kleptocracies, China to fund bio weapons, Iran to fund nukes, Ukraine to fund the Bidens, Haiti the Clintons and on and on and on. That said, about the only place on the planet where foreign aid IS a real investment in our national security and economy is the State of Israel.
If Trump’s Abraham Accords do indeed foster a new era where our aid is no longer needed, entirely or to a significant extent, then maybe Ramaswamy has a point. If Israel is taken down from within by globalist Leftists and traitors, then the point will be moot.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- Richard Fernandez: “Bryan Caplan writes, ‘Perhaps an eternity of totalitarianism would be worse than extinction.’ Only for those without power — and nobody cares for them.”Runaway AI Train
- “If C40 Cities’ climate aims are carried out, people will die.” (Let’s hope the first to go are the environmentalists before they can put it in motion – jjs) These 14 American Cities Have a ‘Target’ of Banning Meat, Dairy, and Private Vehicles By 2030
- “The closure of Nigel Farage’s Coutts account for political reasons should worry not just conservatives but anyone concerned with society’s general welfare.” Debunking De-banking
- Dennis Prager: “As long as the ideological heirs of the 1960s provide the reasons and the solutions, things will only get worse.” Why Are More Americans Than Ever Committing Suicide?
TROPICAL STORM HILLARY UPDATES
- “A 5.5 magnitude earthquake hit Los Angeles on Sunday afternoon while Southern California experiences a historic tropical storm from Hurricane Hillary.” Hurri-Quake: 5.5 Magnitude Earthquake in Los Angeles During Historic Tropical Storm
- This was before it made landfall, but So Cal got hit pretty hard and on top of it there was an earthquake near Ojai – jjs Gov. Gavin Newsom Declares State of Emergency as Hurricane Hilary Approaches California
- “The historical storm, previously classified as a hurricane, put millions under flash-flood watches and warnings as the heavy rain trapped dozens of cars in rising floodwaters in Palm Springs and the surrounding communities.” Center of Tropical Storm Hilary Moves into California as Storm Wreaks Havoc with Flooding, Mudslides
- “Tropical Storm Hilary made landfall on the Baja California peninsula in northwestern Mexico on Sunday afternoon as officials warned of dangerous flooding in the area and the Southwest United States. Lombardo’s office said current forecast models predict severe weather across the state of Nevada.” Nevada Governor Declares State of Emergency Due to Tropical Storm Hilary
BIDEN CRIME FAMILY REVELATIONS
- “The Times reported that not only did the whistleblowers stop the cover-up, but that Hunter Biden’s lawyers now want them to be prosecuted for speaking out against his special treatment — a violation of [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Biden’s promise to protect whistleblowers:” NYT: DOJ Planned to Let Hunter Biden Off the Hook Until Whistleblowers Emerged
- “The threat worked. Weiss and his team offered Hunter Biden the pretrial diversion. This appears to be proof that the Department of Justice gave Hunter the sweetheart plea deal after the threat of getting Joe Biden involved. Did this situation impact Weiss’ choice? This revelation adds yet another layer to the question of why Attorney General Merrick Garland violated DOJ regulations to appoint Weiss as special counsel.” HUGE: Hunter Biden’s Legal Team Used Joe Biden to Blackmail DOJ
- “Then-Vice President Biden emailed Hunter under the aliases ‘Robin Ware,’ ‘Robert L. Peters’ and ‘JRB Ware’ between 2014 and 2016, keeping his son abreast of scheduled talks with then-Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko and Kyiv Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman” Report: As VP, Joe Biden Used Email Aliases To Loop Hunter In On Ukraine, Government Business
- Daniel Greenfield: “Did the Big Guy help provide a loan to a Hunter-backed car company?”Hunter Biden’s Broken Car Cost Taxpayers $139 Million
- “Future Forward’s reporting errors are ‘beyond troubling,’ watchdog says.” Legal Experts Call For Investigation Into Biden’s Favorite Super PAC Over ‘Serious’ Financial Discrepancies
SHAMPEACHMENT 1.0, 2016 CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- Thad McCotter: “Ambitious charging, indeed, by local District Attorney Willis.” Trump Isn’t Just the Target, He’s the Pretext
- “The success of the strategy of immediately going to federal court and ultimately on a Supreme Court track is dependent on judges who believe in the rule of law and are disposed to act on it. It’s clear there are many judges and prosecutors willing to indulge the left’s lawfare, but they can’t do it forever, Davis reasons. And he believes that every lawless move strengthens Trump in the court of public opinion.” Here’s How Trump Beats the Georgia Indictment
- “Whatever a criminal statute says, it cannot mean that it is illegal to do things the Constitution guarantees that you be allowed to do.” The Corrupt DoJ has Charged Trump with a Fake Crime
- Roger Kimball: “Trump is an existential threat to their continued existence.” Uniparty’s Plan to Save ‘Our Democracy™’ Unfolds
- “They aggressively targeted & harassed me with the goal of me committing to being 1 of the 37 ‘Faithless Electors’… […] My personal info was posted and I received tens of thousands of letters to my mailbox, emails, and calls/texts at all hours of the night for weeks.”Flashback 2016: Democrats Pressured Trump Electors to Flip to Hillary
- “The Rule of Law cannot embrace question-begging trial strategies or adjudication without destroying itself.” Reasonableness and the Trump Indictments
- “Depression will set in when Trump, even if convicted of something, lives free for the rest of his life while his appeals against the bogus convictions succeed one at a time.” Why Democrats’ Get-Trump Crusade Will End In Disappointment, Not Delight
- “The American people need the truth, not political theatre.” (We need a revolution, but truth helps – jjs) The FBI as Grand Inquisitor
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- Robert Spencer: “Why are the feds coming down so hard on Pascale Ferrier?” Woman Sends Ricin to Trump, Gets No Award
- “Corporate media and the Democrats are fixated on the so-called ‘insurrection’ on Jan. 6, 2021, so much so that they are attempting to imprison a past and potentially future president over supposedly causing it.” The Real Insurrection Began with an Escalator Ride
- “In sum, Hillary Clinton’s use of the title ‘The Weaponization of Loneliness’ is beyond weird. It transcends academic theft because she has such a mammoth censorship-industrial complex at her disposal. This gives her and her base a good chance to drown out a thesis that I believe can really help Americans build the awareness they need to escape that trap.”Hillary Clinton Just Gave Away fhe Left’s Playbook for Censorship and Oppression
- “The remnants of the old country are now facing obsolescence.” (I admire Matthew Boose, but he, too, “pensa antica” as Solozzo would say – jjs) The Right Can’t Beat the Left at Its Own Game
- “Democrats are constantly pointing out the [mythical] violent tendencies of the right, but they are just as violent, if not more so.” (Total bullshit; political violence is the sole purview of the anti-American Left and always has been – jjs) Left-Wing Rage: Don’t Pretend It Doesn’t Exist
- “ProPublica’s claim that Justice Thomas was a passenger on any yacht owned by Tony Novelly, including the Le Montrachet, is completely false. He has never ever laid eyes on this boat. Moreover, Justice Thomas has never been in the Bahamas with Tony Novelly.”Justice Clarence Thomas Says ‘Unreported’ Yacht Trip With Oil Baron Seized On By Liberal Media… Never Actually Happened
MAUI WILDFIRE DISASTER & DISASTROUS GOVT. RESPONSE
- “Seems the water commissioner who delayed distribution of water for five hours as Lahaina burned has quite a few political connections.” Buried News: What was With That Hawaii Water Official Getting Showered with Leis from “Supporters?”
- Clarice Feldman: “The citizens of Hawaii, a solidly Democrat one-party state, are learning what those of similarly governed urban centers are learning: elect incompetents who forget their first duty is to protect their constituents and you will suffer.” Green Policies and Government Incompetence Led to the Tragedy of the Maui Fire
- “The response to the wildfires on Maui will likely be studied for years as an example of what not to do.” Maui Wildfires Can Be Classified as First Woke-Caused Disaster
- “Green said that there are going to be people that will never be found because of how intense the fire was but he assured viewers that state officials were doing everything they could with the FBI to try to identify any remains they happen to find.” Hawaii Governor Josh Green: 1,000+ People Still Unaccounted For After Devastating Maui Fire
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “Everybody just saw there that there was a cut. You cut from the beginning of that quote to the ‘listless vessels.’ You just did what the problem is. So everybody who just watched that understand go read the transcript,” Cuccinelli said. CNN Anchor Wanker Shocked When Ken Cuccinelli Calls Her Out For Allegedly Deceptively Editing DeSantis Clip
- “It appears that Chinese propaganda is succeeding, with the help of subversives working here in the United States.” How China is Winning the Narrative War, and Who’s Helping
- The job postings have been promoted through DisinfoDocket.com, a site affiliated with “anti-disinformation” groups with ties to federal cybersecurity agencies. These developments raise questions about the true intentions behind the creation of these positions and how they align with the concept of free speech. X is Hiring Staff To ‘Combat Election Disinfo’
- “How you can easily tell which side the ‘objective media’ is on.” Presenting Trump’s Democrat Prosecutors as Nonpartisans
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, DEMOCRAT-LEFT WAR ON FOSSIL FUELS, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “Remember how depopulation was called a right-wing conspiracy theory? Things have changed, and ‘population collapse’, which can no longer be denied, is now good for us!”Population Collapse “Good for the Planet”, WEF Adviser Prof Sarah Harper Explains
- “The taboo little problem of the battery fire hazard.” Is It Time to Ban Electric Vehicles?
- “The Biden [junta’s] total and hypocritical, if not illegal, disregard for the welfare of whales is consistent with the regulatory and financial favoritism it extends to foreign green energy companies who are industrializing America’s coasts. The government’s many accommodations to these entities puts the lie to claims that wind energy is good for the environment.” The Biden Junta Can’t Ignore This Whale of a Problem Any More
- “All this ruling did was add to the pot of anxiety our children already have about their futures.” Children’s Climate Crusade Victory in Montana Likely a Very Hollow One
- Clarice Feldman: “Do it for the children.” Montana Judge Flunks Science Test
- “Steven Guilbeault’s net-zero plan is laughably impossible.” Say Goodbye to Canadian Oil and Gas
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- The Daily Caller cited Fox News China expert Gordon Chang for a similar warning. “When I first saw that [sic] the surge in Chinese migrants, that’s the thought that came to my mind that these are either Ministry of State Security agents or Chinese military, who are coming to this country to commit acts of sabotage against the U.S.,” Chang said, noting the security risk. National Security Risk? 800% Surge in Illegal Chinese Migrants
- “Prior reports suggest that the young migrant arrived via various loopholes in the border that are being held open by [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Joe Biden’s pro-migration border chief, Alejandro Mayorkas.” AP: Cops Arrest Teen Migrant for Alleged Child-Murder
- “The mobile app entices foreign nationals in Mexico who are pregnant, mentally ill, elderly, disabled, homeless, or crime victims to schedule an appointment with DHS officials at the border in the hopes of being released into American communities.” Biden’s Migrant Mobile App Frees 200,000 Foreign Nationals into U.S. — Exceeding Population of Springfield, Missouri
- “Now Adams is touting the glory of potentially hosting the World Cup—but he can’t even host the children of the city.” New York City Kids are Being Screwed by Eric Adams’ Migrant Crisis as Ball Fields are Turned into Tent Cities
- “At what point do New York City’s workers and taxpayers push back by refusing to pay these costs?” New York City’s Self-Made Migrant Crisis
- “Some of the protesters told Fox 5 they’re sympathetic to the migrants, but feel that the location of the center doesn’t make sense and could be dangerous.” ENOUGH: Hundreds of New Yorkers Protest Migrant Tent-City Opening Near Elementary School
- Deroy Murdock: “Comparing the plight of these pampered illegals and the legal, but spurned, H-1B lottery loser, America clearly has devolved into Upside-downia.” Our Upside-Down Immigration System Rolls Out the Red Carpet for Illegals While Booting Skilled Workers
- “I believe that the GOP’s policies of law and order protecting safety, and backing the blue best align with my values and the values of the citizens of Kleberg County.” Democrat County Official in Texas Switches to GOP Citing ‘Unprecedented’ Border Crisis
- “On Tuesday officials sold over 700 28ft hollow beams in five separate lots for $212 each. Over a dozen are also up for grabs at auctions over the next two Tuesdays. It comes despite the Democrat-led Senate voting through part of a Republican-sponsored bill that would bring about extending the wall.” Joe Biden is Quietly Selling Off Turmp’s Boder Wall as Unused Parts are Sold at Auction for MILLIONS of Dollars in Profit
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “If we don’t do something now, I’m sure that so many people will be impacted directly, and many innocent people will be hurt.” Another California Nazi Collaborator Soros-Backed DA is Potentially Facing a Recall Vote
AMERICA AND THE WORLD IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “One question remains: how many people suffering from [Chinese] COVID-19 and desperate for help, whose stories may never surface inside of a courtroom, were denied their legal ivermectin prescriptions, went home, and died quietly so they could become another statistic to use to propagandize the public into catatonic fear? It’s certainly, it appears the court agrees, within any pharmacy’s purview to deny therapeutic medication with a decades-long history of safe use to its customers, but let’s make sure the public knows who’s doing it: Walmart and Hyvee.” Lawsuit Against Pharmacies That Refused to Fill Ivermectin Prescriptions Tossed Out
- “If we truly want to safeguard our freedoms and our republic, it’s critical we remember what really happened in 2020.” (I could argue he was more a victim of naivete than an agent of malice, but that’s not necessarily a disqualifier either – jjs) Trump Doesn’t Deserve A Second Term For How He Mismanaged Chinese COVID
- The case centers on Zackey Rahimi — an individual who is “hardly a model citizen,” as the Fifth Circuit acknowledged while siding with him — and his constitutional challenge to the statute he was convicted under, which bars subjects of domestic violence restraining owners from possessing firearms. The Supreme Court Is Taking Up Another Major Second Amendment Case. Here’s What You Need To Know
- “This clownish lawsuit, if successful, will barely put a dent in the problem of Philly’s turkey shoot. It may result in three gun stores going out of business, and that is their likely Mao-ish goal, to stop selling guns to law-abiding Philadelphians. Yet 98.8% of thugs committed to perforating their fellow Santa-bashing yayhoos will continue to blaze away. Again, the black community pays the highest price.” Liberties Under Assault: 2nd Amendment Edition
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “Academia and venomous lies.” Will Princeton Remove a Jew-Hating Blood-Libel Text From a Syllabus?
- “Which school district in America would pass up the opportunity to have a globally acclaimed Black American neurosurgeon kick off the school year right with an inspirational assembly? Who would forgo the chance to have this historic figure inspire young minority students with tales of his transformative journey from poverty to becoming a revered figure in pediatric neurosurgery? Step forward, Anchorage, Alaska School District, and take a bow.” One Of America’s Greatest Role Models Snubbed By Woke School District
- “All schools in Portland system are expected to implement the new guidelines by 2025.”Portland School District Workshops ‘Equitable Grading Practices’ That Outlaw Zeros for Cheating, Missing Work
- “Ohio voters will vote on an amendment this fall that would make abortion legal up to birth if a physician determines it is necessary to protect the life of the mother, and activists in states like North Dakota, Oklahoma and Montana are in the early days of getting a draft amendment approved for a ballot vote.” ‘Extreme Agenda’: Activists Are Turning To Constitutional Amendments To Enshrine Abortion Into Law In These States
THE 2020 AND 2022ELECTION HEISTS & AFTERMATH
- “Value the Vote is a new Democrat-backed nonprofit aimed at providing ‘private security’ to election offices and fighting so-called ‘disinformation.’” Democrats Want Their Private Security Looking Over GOP Poll Watchers’ Shoulders
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “By the narrowest margin, the Court has paved the way for Catholics to begin practicing their faith in earnest.” Catholic Victory in Maryland Supreme Court
DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- “[Filthy sub-literate shit-whore Cori] Bush’s campaign spending on security predates her 2021 arrival in the House of Representatives. Since she first ran for Congress in 2019, she’s paid $736,748 for security services, records show.” ‘Defund the Police’ Fans Titty-Caca AOC and “Squad” Pals Blew $1.2 Million in Campaign Cash on Security
- “Given her past statements, participation in this film, and her child’s active role in lobbying against oil and gas development in the region, reasonable observers could question Secretary Haaland’s impartiality in the matter,” wrote PPT. Haaland Hit With Ethics Complaint After Stripping Oil and Gas Opportunities From Navajo Nation
- “The public knows who I am & what a successful Presidency I had, with Energy Independence, Strong Borders & Military, Biggest EVER Tax & Regulation Cuts, No Inflation, Strongest Economy in History, & much more. I WILL THEREFORE NOT BE DOING THE DEBATES!” Trump announced on Truth Social. (It’s either a brilliant move or a shot in the foot; not that it makes much difference considering our elections have been pre-rigged anyway – jjs) Trump Confirms He Will Skip GOP Debates
- “His top rival, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, has fallen farther back from earlier this summer, the poll showed, to 16 percent. The other candidates are in the single digits, with third runner up Vivek Ramaswamy at seven percent.” Poll: Trump Posts Biggest Lead Yet over DeSantis, Other 2024 Rivals
- “Trump’s people and DeSantis’s people can’t tear each other apart and allow Biden to skate back into the White House.” We Need a Truce
- “Republican voters want someone who will fight for them.” GOP Primary Obviously Isn’t Over, but the First Debate Is Crucial
- “No one trusts our institutions, no one trusts Congress, no one trusts any of us, because all they do is attack our families do those types of things.” (Typo or Tim Walz belching up non-sequiturs? – jjs) Democrat Gov. Says Trump, Republicans Have ‘Poisoned’ the System, Responsible for Low Biden Support
- “Beshear narrowly won his seat in 2019 against then-Republican Gov. Matt Bevin, who drew criticism from many Republicans over his leadership. State Republican operatives are optimistic that, despite Beshear’s formidable polling advantage and relative popularity, Cameron can take advantage of recent obstacles that have beset the governor’s reelection campaign to win in November.” As Kentucky Gov Race Heats Up, GOP Operatives See Openings To Take Down Dem Incumbent
- “Nikki Haley has microwaved Hillary Clinton’s 2016 campaign and made her own all about being a woman, as if Republicans care.” Nikki Haley is Hillary 2.0
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “Presidential hopeful has repeatedly shifted position on aid to Jewish state.” (Annnnd. . . goodbye! – jjs) Ramaswamy: Cut Off Aid to Israel After 2028
- Trump NSC big-wig Fred Fleitz: “The Biden [junta] manufactures ‘wins’ to bolster its abysmal foreign policy record.” Smoke and Mirrors Middle East Diplomacy
- The Times of Israel: “Pro-Palestinian protesters injured a university employee while demonstrating against a lecture speaker who heads the Brazilian chapter of a pro-Israel advocacy group.” Brazil: BDS Mob Attacks Students, Faculty Over Pro-Israel Event on University Campus
- Briones was killed a week after the daylight assassination of Fernando Villavicencio, a presidential candidate and “fearless whistleblower.” Villavicencio was killed after holding a political rally in the Ecuadorian capital city, Quito, despite being surrounded by security guards and police officers. His campaign focused on tackling the country’s problems with corruption and organized crime. Political Assassinations Hang Over Ecuador as Country Goes to Polls
- “He has no problem demonstrating that the economic theories of the left are both ruinous and immoral.” Milei Has the Answer for Argentina
- “While Tusk abandoned his post as Polish Prime Minister for a better-paid position as President of the European Commission shortly before this electoral disaster, he is now attempting a comeback in his native country. Conservatives are attempting to preempt the possibility of Tusk reviving the quotas if he wins the election by asking the public their view directly.” Poland is Planning a Referendum on EU’s Illegal Migrant Demands
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “Col. Benjamin Jonsson penned an article weeks after George Floyd’s death lamenting that his fellow white airmen don’t go along with leftist talking points about ‘racial injustice’ in the U.S. military.” (Another rancid disgrace to the uniform – jjs) Biden Air Force Nominee Claimed ‘White Colonels’ are the ‘Biggest Barriers’ to Change in the Military
- “Beware the spread of Islamic da’wah from the world’s largest Muslim country.” Indonesia Wants to Export ‘Moderate Islam’
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE COURTS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE
- “Los Angeles County beaches are increasingly contaminated with bacteria—are homeless encampments and illegal RV dwellings to blame?” Toxic Tides
HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE
- “A 2021 law has increased pressure on the state’s hospice programs to provide assistance in dying.” Assisted Suicide Surges in California
- “The government shouldn’t use the coercive threat of snooping to further a hidden agenda.” (What a quaint idea – jjs) Biden’s Drug Price ‘Transparency’ Rule Is Just Back-Door Price Controls
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “This is a tragedy for Russia, as this mission hoped to re-establish it as one of the major players in the exploration of the solar system. Instead, we once again have a data point suggesting significant quality control problems within Russia’s aerospace industry.” Luna-25 lost after crashing on Moon
- “The attack has shut down ten telescopes entirely, some of which are the largest in the world, while other telescopes are operating but only allowing in-person operations.” Hacker attack on Gemini North telescope in Hawaii shuts down many U.S.-run telescopes
- “He is aggressive, he is fast, he is an animal of unacceptable intelligence. We fight this blue crab, but he is stronger than us, there are so many of them,” said Mario Giudici, a concerned Italian fisherman, to AP. (Blue crabs are native to Maxine Waters’ merkin – jjs)‘An Animal of Unacceptable Intelligence’: Alien Marine Life Plagues Country’s Seas, Jeopardizes Key Produce
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- In his trip to Anchorage, Levine visited Identity Alaska, a non-profit that aims to “advance Alaska’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, asexual, two-spirited + community through advocacy, education, health care, and connectivity.” Levine applauded the clinic’s efforts, stating that it is providing “lifesaving medical care for LGBT individuals.” Tranny Pervert Sicko “Rachel” Levine praises clinic that pushes the term ‘Egg Producers’ for MOTHERS
- “There’s something to be said here about the ‘chicken and egg’ riddle.” Some Advice for the T in LGBT
- “Welcome to the brave new world of gender hybrids.” The Gender Revolution Dehumanizing Our Kids
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- Elder then noted that 20% of black men voted for Donald Trump in 2020. “Are they not black now? So only 80% of black people, black men walking around are really black; 20% are not because they voted for Donald Trump. How insulting is that? How condescending is that?” Charlamagne had no words. “Mmm. You’re probably right. But I didn’t take it that way.”Larry Elder Schools Charlamagne Tha g0d on Joe Biden’s Racism
- “I’m afraid of what they’re going to do with the early films,” continued Hand. “Their thoughts are just so radical now. … They change the stories, they change the thought processes of the characters, they just aren’t the original stories any more. They’re making up new woke things, and I’m just not into any of that.” 1937 Snow White Director’s Son Says His Dad & Walt Disney are “Turning in Their Graves”
- “Zegler would benefit from listening to the classics rather than jumping to critique them, starting with Louisa May Alcott’s Little Women.” Snow White’s Rachel Zegler Needs a Lesson from the Little Women School of Being a Female Role Model
- “Two dramatic works have manifested, one rooted in reality and the other in fantasy, but they’re both saying the same thing: the days of the far-left fascists are numbered.” The Rich Men North of Richmond Are the Baddies
- Christian Toto: “Academy museum fetes filmmaker with drag queen story hours and more.”Why Are Children Being Exposed to John Waters Films?
HITHER & YON
- Robert Zimmerman: “In every single one of these four films, the scripts describe human beings acting with intelligence and care. Each shows us people who are not only smart, but work hard to use their brains, not their emotions, to figure out the best most rational choices to make . . . What is most amazing is that all these films are remarkably entertaining.” Movies When Our Culture was Not Run by Barbarians
- “Robertson was one of the greatest lyrical storytellers of the last hundred years.” In Mourning for Robbie Robertson
- “Viktor Frankl survived the Holocaust and created a new psychology in which the search for meaning—not pleasure or power—is mankind’s central motivational force.” Yes to Life
- For a reminder of the surprises politics can hold even in hyperliberal New York, look no further than Jim Buckley’s victory in the 1970 US Senate race on the Conservative Party line for the seat once held by liberal icon Bobby Kennedy. It wasn’t just the first third-party Senate win in decades, it was a shocking right-wing victory in a state whose top Republican officeholders (then-Gov. Nelson Rockefeller, then-Mayor John Lindsay) were left-of-center. (He passed away last week at age 100. RIP – jjs) Sen. Jim Buckley Set an Example of the Excellence America Always Needs
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.